Larian Studios
Posted By: Dragonbane Pure Priest - 26/01/10 08:26 PM
Has anyone tried playing a pure priest yet?
I am thinking of starting a char and playing within the priest class to see if the game can be won in that manner...
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Pure Priest - 26/01/10 08:59 PM
Pure Priest and Unarmed are suppossed to be the hardest types of characters to play, so good luck. You'll want to put most of your points into Intelligence and Spirit because you'll need a lot of mana for all your crowd-control spells.
Posted By: Zomgnome Re: Pure Priest - 26/01/10 09:22 PM
How difficult this will be still depends on which weapons you will use. Regardless of your gear or states, however, I'm sure you'll have a very hard time with bosses where all the priests CC spells are useless. When I'm ready for a 'change run' I will defiantly go unarmed, maybe you can even combine pure priest with unarmed for the ultimate challenge smile
Posted By: ACSS Re: Pure Priest - 27/01/10 09:55 AM
Basically its close to impossible if you just learn pure priest skills. You can do it in easy mode, but I dont think so in high difficulty mode. There no damage skill on priest path, where summons cant actually act as main attack power, even together with your creature, especially while during the final battle. Going bare fist will make the case worst, which it has the lowest damage output, as without damage enchantments or additional stats from weapons. I will assume that your pure priest will not had any skill from other branch such as warrior, ranger and mage.
Posted By: Zomgnome Re: Pure Priest - 27/01/10 10:07 AM
Pure Priest + Fists + Hard Difficulty. oh yeah I dare you.
Posted By: Dragonbane Re: Pure Priest - 27/01/10 02:28 PM
LOL im gonna try it !
Posted By: Joram Re: Pure Priest - 27/01/10 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Dragonbane
LOL im gonna try it !

wink
Let us know what your experiences are with such a character grin

Posted By: virumor Re: Pure Priest - 27/01/10 06:45 PM
I think it would be pretty boring... relying on Charm & Summons to kill everything... would take a while to kill anything.
© Larian Studios forums