Larian Studios
Posted By: rpb Maxos Tower - 10/05/11 11:03 PM
Hi I met Damien on the Ledge, after battling the Dragon,for Lovis Stone and Book, confused and can not enter my Battle Tower by the Teleport, did I miss something???????????

Thanks All
Posted By: Sigs Minock Re: Maxos Tower - 11/05/11 01:36 AM
yes- from the way i'm reading that: you defeated Asmadius, got Lovis's Soulstone and the book, and then met Damian. you're not quite that close to getting to the battle tower, but you're nearly there!

You now have to go on to Sentinel Island, and begin the process to reclaim the battle tower from Laiken.

if you agreed to free Lovis, return to his tower and give him his soulstone.
Posted By: rpb Re: Maxos Tower - 11/05/11 02:02 AM
Hi thank you, yes i will free Lovis,

Is Sentinel Island got to by swimming through the Forge, I went every where and could not find the island or should I say somthing to challenge a knight. Again thank you Sigs. I will search the land, high and low.
Posted By: Sigs Minock Re: Maxos Tower - 11/05/11 03:44 AM
No, sentinel island is where the Portal platform leads after dealing with Damian's goons- after you've dealt with Asmadius (the one passage that was blocked, is now unblocked.). you'll get a message when you step on the platform asking "do you want to go to Sentinel Island?" obv. select Yes and exit that area [if you're playing DKS, the two chests on either side have parts to an armor set], and the Island will introduce itself and tell you want to do.

Basically- you can't get to Sentinel Island from anywhere outside the Maxos Temple (not until you activate Waypoint Shrines on Sentinel Island). Go back down to the Crypt and hop on the teleport platform.
Posted By: rpb Re: Maxos Tower - 11/05/11 04:57 AM
Good Morning

The Goons never showed after meeting w/ Damien, the Teleporter did not ask me anything, it is lit to transport but I step in and nothing, I walked the Maxos Temple five times. I am playing on a PC.
I went back and defeated the dragon again and returened Lovis Soul Stone, nothing happens with Telaporter on Platform????????????? I am stuck here in a Pugatory.

Thank you so much, HELP>>>>>>>>>
Posted By: Raze Re: Maxos Tower - 11/05/11 05:47 AM

In your save before defeating Amdusias, try leaving Maxos temple and heading to the fjords (from the path to the far south west in Broken Valley). After that, return and see if forcing the game to reload the area makes a difference after meeting Damian. The teleporter is disabled until you defeat the 2 summoned Black Ring members, which doesn't happen in your case since they are not being triggered for some reason.

Try emailing support@larian.com, with a description of the problem and maybe a link to this topic. See the appropriate support page for DKS or FoV.
Perhaps include a save after defeating Amdusias but before the meeting with Damian.

BTW, your first encounter on Sentinel Island you can mindread to go up a level, so the higher level you are (I made it to level 22 in the fjords) the more of an experience bonus that will be. You don't need to get to a high level, but it would be better if you got to a new level before entering, to get a full level bonus.

In XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (XP, Vista, Win 7).
Posted By: rpb Re: Maxos Tower - 11/05/11 06:35 AM
Thank you so much, I have tryed the walk left temple, nothing seems to work, the Black Knights are not being trieged. I will attempt more to correct problem later today. My anti virus bloked the patch seems the cloud had to many users. I will go to teck support, or maybe you have a idear?

MANY THANKS
Posted By: rpb Re: Maxos Tower - 11/05/11 07:05 AM
Norton Internet Protection will not allow, virus detected with Patch.
Posted By: Hassat Hunter Re: Maxos Tower - 11/05/11 09:47 AM
Then disable it while you update the game...
Posted By: Arokh Re: Maxos Tower - 11/05/11 11:02 AM
Another case of Norton incorrectly identifying genuine programs as viruses... It's useless & that's why I ditched it ages ago. As for the problem, If I understand correctly it may be that some but not all the game files were patched due to Norton blocking them.

As hassat says, disable Norton and run the patch again. Also back up your save games incase it goes pear shaped.
Posted By: rpb Re: Maxos Tower - 11/05/11 01:23 PM
I did it all download patch, read your great notes to Midnijhttak 3/08/11 Post2. If i understand correctly they started over re-stalling the game, is there a way through teck support, oh i ran the treck from Orbas Fjiords. Slayers jump caperbilities were compromised he could not cross a bridge wihout fline jump? i think this was resting after patch installed. But to no avial the Black Ring Knights did not appear.
Posted By: Arokh Re: Maxos Tower - 11/05/11 02:18 PM
I think you need to contact support as Raze suggested at support@larian.com
Posted By: rpb Re: Maxos Tower - 11/05/11 06:46 PM
Hi Thanks for your help, from reading past scrolls from the archives here, I am one of the misforanate few that looks like I will have to start over. I have contacted Support@larian .com. I hope a new solution to this rare problem can be resolved. Again thank you all.

As a great leader once said "I hate to pay for the same real estate twice"

rpb
Posted By: rpb Re: Maxos Tower - 11/05/11 11:58 PM
if one was to start over, would it be wise to download a new game, or start with new character?
I am not sure how to go forward? Any suggestions.
Posted By: SENIOR CINCO Re: Maxos Tower - 12/05/11 12:20 AM
I would make sure all the latest patches were downloaded and/or installed and start a brand new char.IMO

That is if you are actually having to start over.

The more I think about it I would probably reinstall everything just in case...can't hurt. IMO
Posted By: rpb Re: Maxos Tower - 12/05/11 12:40 AM
Thank you have been a great help all.

I will address with some more thought. Hopefully a new download with patch might work. One note I read said just started with new character and made to portal.
Posted By: rpb Re: Maxos Tower - 12/05/11 01:51 AM
Without starting over what would you suggest, I have contacted support e-mail my progress to larkan?
hire an outside contactor to review?

Thanks
rpb
Posted By: SENIOR CINCO Re: Maxos Tower - 12/05/11 01:55 AM
Your best bet is to wait and hear from Larian support and do as they suggest.
Posted By: rpb Re: Maxos Tower - 12/05/11 02:09 AM
Thank you I will do just that
Posted By: rpb Re: Maxos Tower - 12/05/11 09:36 PM

I was contacted by Larian Support, I sent neccasary Docs and info. Hopefull* again thanks to all and SC without this forum a novice would be Lost.

rpb
Posted By: rpb Re: Maxos Tower - 19/05/11 01:00 PM
Good Morning,
I could not open my files according to Adobe 10x I belive they were sent e-mail, which could mean downloaded, I re-downloaded the game, and save the game prior to Meeting Damien on the Platform. To no avil no black knights still stuck.Are they still two diffrent games now are can the saved game tie right in I do not look at this as a cheat. My files are compromised, should I earase every thing and start from scratch,? I hate to nuke all the hard work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oh well

RPB Thanks for all
Posted By: Raze Re: Maxos Tower - 19/05/11 03:22 PM

What were you trying to open in Adobe 10?

Did Larian get back to you again? If you sent them a save game file, they should have fixed and returned it.

Saved games from the original release of D2:ED are not compatible with DKS (on the PC they are compatible with the download-only FoV add-on installed over D2:ED).
Posted By: Larian_QA Re: Maxos Tower - 19/05/11 04:09 PM
Hi rpb,

Have you contacted us yet about this problem? If so, please reply to the support mail and mention that you are rpb from this forum thread, instead of posting here so I can help you more quickly.

If not, please contact us via support@larian.com.
Posted By: rpb Re: Maxos Tower - 19/05/11 10:34 PM
Hi yes I have contacted Larian and they were very helpful. I just canot open the quick save dxg game
to send them the game.I have follwed all the instructions and still have no luck. I have read all the notes and some people get to the island from Maxos Temple some do not. Again should I erase everyting and start ove? or keep the saved games and re-download.All that happens is Adobe comes on the screen and says the file has been compromoised?

Thanks
Posted By: rpb Re: Maxos Tower - 19/05/11 10:38 PM
Could you explain please FoV and add on D2:ED

Again thank you
Posted By: Raze Re: Maxos Tower - 20/05/11 06:25 AM

You do not need to open the save file in order to send it to Larian. The game itself is the only program that can open and read the file correctly.
I'm not sure why Adobe is giving an error message, unless they are also using the dxg extension for some other type of file (though Google's first few results only list one company using that extension, and it isn't Adobe... or Larian).

In your email program, once you start a new message, there should be a button or menu option to 'add attachment' or 'attach file', or something like that. At least a few years ago Outlook Express used a paperclip icon for the attachment function. You may be able to drag and drop the file into the email program (or the new message window) from Windows Explorer. If you do not see anything like that poking around, check the help file for your email program.

Once you get into the attachment function, there should be a standard 'open file' type dialog box, where you can browse to the save game folder and select the file you wish to send. Regular save files are named savegame00.dxg, savegame01.dxg, etc, but I'm not sure about the quicksave.

If your email program will not browse to the savegame folder, you can do so in Windows Explorer, and copy the save file to another folder (like c:\temp) or your desktop and attach it to an email from there.

Alternately, you could upload the save file to a site like RapidShare or Megaupload, and then email Larian the link to download it.

It would be much easier to get the save file sent off to Larian than re-playing the game to get up to that point again.

D2:ED (Divinity 2 - Ego Draconis) is the original game release.

On the PC there is a digital download add-on, FoV (Flames of Vengeance), which can be installed to update D2:ED and allow you to continue with that character after the events of the original game (or start a new level 35 character at the beginning of the add-on).

DKS (Divinity 2 – The Dragon Knight Saga) is a remastered version of the original D2:ED together with the add-on FoV.
© Larian Studios forums