Larian Studios
Posted By: veldt Game Breaking Bug: Zixzax not opening portals - 09/07/14 10:52 PM
I've seen a similar thread but my problem is farther into the game. I've just unlocked the armory, Zixzax stands outside it and says the usual line "I wonder what awaits you in the next chamber. I wonder what they'll say." I go into the armory, explore the place entirely, see no one to talk to, so I leave, but Zixzax is still standing near the portal saying the same thing. I leave the End of Time, use a blood stone, getting another star stone, go back to the End of Time, but no additional portals are opened and Zixzax won't talk to me, still saying the same line. I read in the other thread people had this problem and fixed it by killing him or teleporting him, I did both several times. If I KILL him I can talk to him but he won't move, and also won't open additional portals. Needless to say, this bug breaks the game. Anyone else experience this and manage to fix it?
I've verified the game data on steam, reinstalled the game, even booted back to an earlier save but still the same thing happens. If it's relevant at all, this happens after breaking the big bloodstone, completing the quest where the Homestead is under attack by demons.

I'm hesitant in progressing the story any further since unlocking all the homestead rooms is required to finish the game. Rather not waste time if my save is completely screwed.
5 star stones later and Zixzax is still in the same spot repeating the same line. The triggers that open the portals should really be changed from requiring Zixzax top let you through the portals to the portals just opening after acquiring a star stone.
Hi,

Could you send us a report.zip from our support tool? It will allow us to check your D:OS logs and figure out what went wrong.
It can be found here: http://www.larian.com/OriginalSinAlpha/AnalysisTool_DOS.exe
Simply run the tool and click generate report, then send this to supportdos@larian.com with a small description.

Thank you
How did you exit the chamber ?
I have noticed that if you use the Rift Travel icon to teleport to the end of time it will not trigger Zixzax. You have to use the portal from the chamber.
I used the portal to exit the chamber, my journal even updates derp derp we found an armory etc. Anyway, emailing the report.
Originally Posted by Issh
Hi,

Could you send us a report.zip from our support tool? It will allow us to check your D:OS logs and figure out what went wrong.
It can be found here: http://www.larian.com/OriginalSinAlpha/AnalysisTool_DOS.exe
Simply run the tool and click generate report, then send this to supportdos@larian.com with a small description.

Thank you
Because I am having a variety of similar problems with the scripts/triggers, I downloaded this tool with the intention of generating and submitting a report of my own. Unfortunately the tool keeps locking up at 50% when trying to generate the report. The "Start Test" button works fine, and tests my system okay, but this tool won't generate reports for me.

I let the tool run for 20 minutes, but it won't progress past this point. It also gives an Unhandled Exception Error when manually closing the program after it get stuck trying to generate a report. Is there perhaps a new version of the tool we should be using since there was a game update this morning/last night?

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by kerzain
Unfortunately the tool keeps locking up at 50% when trying to generate the report.

If you have a lot of saves, try waiting longer, or move most of them to another location temporarily, and see if the analysis tool will generate a report then.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames' folder.

FWIW, I had no problem generating a report.zip file with the current analysis tool. I've only got about 65 saves in a couple profiles (My Documents D:OS folder is 1.3GB): the report took just under a minute to create (Core i5 3570K, 16GB RAM); time was only slightly faster running the program from an SSD (Windows) than an HHD (games), though it is reading off the SSD either case, so that isn't surprising.
I'm having this same issue. Zixzax hasn't opened any portals except the Hall of Heroes.
I created a report but it's 300mb. How can I send that?

Is it possible to complete the game with this bug if it can't be fixed?

In the Hall of Heroes, did you talk to the spirit there, and take the portal back to the main area in the End of Time?

Double click the report.zip file to open it in Windows Explorer, go into the profile's savegames folder and delete most of the saves. In this case you'd probably want to keep the save just after getting the second star stone, the first after visiting the Hall of Heroes, maybe a couple after other star stones, and your latest save.
Originally Posted by Raze

In the Hall of Heroes, did you talk to the spirit there, and take the portal back to the main area in the End of Time?

I don't know what I did the first time. That was many hours ago.
Tried loading an older save and it didn't change anything.
Hey,

Me and my friend playing coop are having a similar issue. We just opened Halls of Secrets, and Zixzax won't recognize that we entered it. We have like, 6-7 inert stones on the bags and he'll just stand there..

"WELL.. AREN'T YOU GOING TO LEAP THROUGH? WHO KNOWS WHAT WONDERS AWAITS YOU!"

We tried killing him, but he instantly respawned. All that achieved was we losing 10k gold to have him talk to us again.

Any thoughts? Or is our save screwed?
Originally Posted by SniperHF
I don't know what I did the first time.

If you return to the Hall of heroes, is there an NPC sitting at the dining table? Check the mini-map for green dots. If not, then you probably talked to her; return to the main section using the portal, and see if Zixzax reacts (should run over to the weaver, at least when you just have that room opened; don't know if you would need to exit and return to trigger the next portal).
Wow seems to be happening to a lot of people. Still no luck on my end as well.
jus happen to me actuayl....

he repeats "WELLLL ARENT U GOIN TO LEAP THRUU?? MM?" abotu 100 times

can u gyus help at all i don wanna start agian pls ;__;
ive eated a lot of blud diamonds but nothin is happenin still

ive done most areas
I am having a similar issue. However, I have progressed past this point. I entered the hall of heroes, talked to everyone, and left, and Zixzax moved back to the front of the hall. My problem is that he doesn't do anything now. I have gone through most of the Cyseal map, picked up several stones, but nothing changes on the Homestead. I didn't ever click on the pyramid stone, and so I think this may be why I can't progress in the Homestead. Now when I click on it, I get transported to Cecelia's room, but she's just standing there ( no bath dialogue ) and the door is locked ( can't exit unless I use the stone/waypoint ). I've played on another save and at this point I should at least have the bedroom ( change looks ).
actualy works now jus relaoded an did somethin different

i opened fiyah portal b4 now i open air
Originally Posted by ChrisYui
picked up several stones, but nothing changes on the Homestead.

Did you use the star stones, if they were not automatically triggered (and now inert)?
Having the same exact problem as Nerinna, nothing past the Hall of Secrets gets opened.
Might have something to do with the scantily clad Source-Goddess-Lady not initiating dialogue with me when I enter, she just stands there staring. Can't talk to her at all, and the goblin keeps waiting on what we found inside the portal.

Hi everyone,
My friend and I are playing co-op and we don't know what to do... we are lvl 20+ with a lots of quests accomplished etc. but we got only 1 elem room and zixzax is bugged " well who know what .... " in front of secret room. Activating blood, killing him, or teleport him. Nothing is working right now. We can"t talk to Astarté in the room but we don"t know if it's normal or not. 60H of game. We are stuck. ZixZax dont want to do anything.

Help please smile
Sorry for bad english.
I'm running the game on a Mac with steam.
Same problem frown. Nothing I've tried helps. Probably something to do with not being able to talk to Astarte in the Hall of Secrets. Please help Larian.
Same here on my 2nd playtrough
Actually, started my game over, and it seems that not clicking on the pyramid had nothing to do with it. I think it was because I went through all of Cyseal without going to the homestead ( except for the hall of heroes, and talking to Astarte, so I could recruit fellas ). I collected many stones, but never went there until after defeating B Rex. Also strangely, after defeating him the purple lock on the chest in his room did not disappear, which I remember happening on another playthrough. Zixzax just sits at the front of the hall, and no more portals/storyline progression.
Originally Posted by Tanis
she just stands there staring. Can't talk to her at all

Did you try with both main characters? If you talk to her with a weapon drawn, does that trigger a 'watch where you are waving that thing' type of response?

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, any crash dumps, and your saved games. If file size is an issue, any saves not related to the problem can be deleted.
Same here, she won't even react to me. When I mouseover her, its not even possible to interact with her. Please notice this is when she is standing on Halls of Secrets. The Halls of Heroes version of her (where she is sittin in a big table with lots of food) I was able to speak with her just fine.

Please help, we just finished saving homesteed and Zixzax is back to his old "ARENT U GOING TO LEAP THROUGH??" position..
Originally Posted by Nerinna
Same here, she won't even react to me. When I mouseover her, its not even possible to interact with her. Please notice this is when she is standing on Halls of Secrets. The Halls of Heroes version of her (where she is sittin in a big table with lots of food) I was able to speak with her just fine.

Please help, we just finished saving homesteed and Zixzax is back to his old "ARENT U GOING TO LEAP THROUGH??" position..

Same for me. My friend and I have over 60 hours in our game and we didn't really notice zixzax was bugged until it was way too late. Didn't get anything opened past the hall of secrets.

We were able to complete the game by cheesing the entrance door to the source temple by throwing our pyramids over the wall, but I feel like we've missed out on some of the content. frown

I'm trying to remember but I think the cause may be what a gentleman said above, I don't think we ever went back to the end of time in cyseal, except for the mandatory one visit.
Where/how did you throw the pyramid? I stood there in front of that door for quite some time trying some angles to no success.
Major patch today had no effect on this bug. Patched, verified integrity, Zixzax still says the same thing on multiple saves.
Same here too frown.. Zixzax still stuck.
Having the same issue with about 40 hours of game play -_-.
I have this problem. I want to know how to fix this problem. I have 13 inert stones and 2 portals open and the stupid temple door won't open and all zixzax wants is for me to go to the hall of heroes over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
-
I want to punch him in the snoozer so bad.
-
btw I'm level 21; i've destoryed the giant bloodstone, i've found nad used 13 bloodstones and i've no clue what to do now but start over is not an option frown

Originally Posted by JohnnySpaghetti
jus happen to me actuayl....

he repeats "WELLLL ARENT U GOIN TO LEAP THRUU?? MM?" abotu 100 times

can u gyus help at all i don wanna start agian pls ;__;

Is the spirit still in the hall of heroes (siting at the dining table, north side), and can you talk to her? Does Zixzax react if you return from the hall using the portal to the main room?
Ok. Originally I could not talk to her (probably due to camera angle) but talking to her partially unstuck things. I'm still stuck now.
-
I managed to unlock inner chamber and hall to [your element]. Now zix zax is standing next to an inert portal asking me to leap through that one but I can't since he forgot to enable it (in case it matters I chose fire and i did talk to daremos). I also did get the playback on the spirit character after unlocking the elemental chamber but before entering.
-
Ok I went to talk to daremos a second time and now i can go into hall of secrets.
-
There is a pattern here in that if zixzax moves you have to go back and talk to whoever in the previous chamber a second time.
-
Now he is standing in the middle of the room with the same 'i wonder what relates...' ok after a few tries there a scene kicked in (the one about two warriors).
-
same problem after the next portal; the problem is the trigger for the next scene stalls until we move in just the right direction - really glitchy.
-
ok after about two 1/2 hours of entering portals multiple times and approach zixzax from multiple angles i managed to unlock them all but one but the source door now opens so maybe that last one is for end of game ?
-
Anyways I can proceed now - thanks.
I have this. I cannot talk to Astarte no matter what I do. It started after I unlocked the air elemental hall. I ran straight towards the air elemental and saw Astarte. I expected her to speak but nothing happened. I thought nothing of it and carried on. I then needed zixzax for the distill my heart quest. However he just repeats tp jump into the new portal. Despite me going in there
>15 times. I cannot speak to the goddess and it's completely stalled my current play through.

I don't mind bugs but game breaking ones...

Did you try zooming in and rotating the camera, to see if that would let you talk to Astarte?
Yeah. Tried the two different camera angles. Different characters. 360 rotation. Burning the ground to make her move. Talking to everybody then coming back. Nothing worked.
No fix for this? Do I actually have to restart? That would suck after all the hours put in
Im also stuck, just have hall of heroes opened, zixzag standing near entrance.
So an update -

I killed ZixZax. I was then finally able to talk to him and do the distill quest. However he still randomly says aren't yo going to jump in. It just doesn't block me from talking to him.

I still cannot speak to the goddess no matter what I do. Intrestingly I cannot target her for teleport unlike zixzax.

I'm concerned when I get a new star stone the imp will not open a new portal. And I assume I need to speak to the goddess at some point but if shes stuck in the air elemental room....
Well I triggered the attack on End of Time, where fireballs are raining down, still only Hall of Heroes open.

Am I fucked?
Any updates on this? Stuck right after the Hall of Secrets opened.

Definitely caused by not going to the homestead after each recovered Star Stone.

*EDIT* Spent some time dealing with this. I was stuck after the Hall of Secrets was opened, and I was able to speak with the goddess there.
I went into all the portals. Then I killed ZixZax. Killing him allowed me to talk to him again (he was stuck on vocal dialog, rather than an actual dialog menu).

Finally, I teleported him one last time. Left the end of time and returned using rift travel. Upon doing so, the statue in the middle re-activated and I could progress - for now.
So I used a blood stone to unlock a new room. Went to rift. Zixzax just stands there. I can talk to him fine but he just repeats about leaping through.

Astarte - Can attack though do 0 damage. Burning floors make her move but do no damage. Cannot target for teleport. Can target for pickpocket. No angle allows to talk to her.

I really like the game but massively disappointed that a game breaking bug (which clearly quite a few people have) could have slipped into release.
Now it's happened to me on a new playthrough, this time earlier than before, after activating the first elemental portal Zixzax bugs out and won't move/activate other portals. The process of opening portals really needs to change if this is happening to so many damn people.
Not that it is of any use, but I am stuck at exactly the same point as veldt described in their original post.

11 inert stones.
Go into the portal and out, he still going on about talking to someone inside (not that there is anyone to talk to in the armoury!)
Tried going back a few saves - still the same nonesense when I get to that point of the game.
Tried smacking the git around a bit - no joy.

I really do not fancy restarting - particularly as veldt experienced it again.

The only thing unusual I have done is maybe triggered (and fought off) the attack on the homestead a little early.

No new portals will be opened while the homestead is under attack, but once that is dealt with, that should continue.
I've just got the vial of whats-her-names blood and gone back to the sanctuary to speak to the white witch and i've only got the homestead and the hall of heroes open. I've not had anything else open since then?! I didn't realize this was a problem.

Doesn't really matter though as my games already broken as I didnt take the shady business deal quest from the dude in silverglen so I cant get +1 tenebrium weapons =/ (the skill book in Sacred Stone is also absent)
Please help. I am another one with the problem: At level 8, with 3 blood stones in possession, and no portal has opened. Nothing has opened. Not even the Hall of Heroes.

I also have the same problem as the user Kerzain (see his post on page 1 of this thread) when I try to generate a report using the Game Analysis Tool. His screenshot is exactly what I am seeing on my own screen, freezing at 50% even after 30 minutes. (My computer specs are different but they all "passed".)

Other players have mentioned, early in the game, making a decision in the doctor's office where they found a blood stone. I don't know if it's relevant but I never played that scenario. Does skipping it cause this problem, I wonder, even though my characters now have 3 other blood stones?

I am at a loss to continue playing or not.

Blood stones, or inert stones? There are some that are used automatically, and some which you can pick up and use later.

Can you talk to Zixzax? Does he have all the speech options he had when you first got to the End of Time?

Was he never at the entrance to the homestead when you teleporter there after finding (and using) the second star stone?

Skipping the clinic should not cause a problem. You will eventually catch up to Evelyn, if you haven't already, and she should still have the star stone on her.

In this case the problem is in the save itself, so you could just zip your latest save to email support.
Bumping this up. Been playing co-op with my friend for 40 hours now. We just finished Cyseal and went to homestead for the second time this far. We have 5 inert stones at the moment (which were all automaticly used) None of the portals have opened for us, not even homestead. Zixzax is just standing there and we have normal dialogs with him but we havent gotten him to open the portals.
Could it possibly be that you didn't talk to Evelyn in Cyseal and finish the quest where you have to choose which of the mortally wounded guys should be healed?

Just a thought. It shouldn't make a difference if you do that quest or not, but you know, "bugs and stuff".
Yes we did that quest as well. And later on we killed her in the cave.

Also worth noting is that the first time we noticed a notice/message popping up that something unlocked in homstead was somewhere around the end of Cyseal (killing braccus and leaving to silverglen). Then the teleport button also was flashing green. Thats when we went to homestead just to find out none of the portals have been opened.

So even the hall of heroes portal is not opened (up the stairs just south east of the weaver)?

Try loading a save in single player, and enter the End of Time, to see if that makes a difference.
I am having the same problem. End of Time is under attack. I am sitting at level 20 with 7 inert stones, 4 blood stones. I only have the Inner Chamber, Hall of Heroes, and one element cellar open. I've tried killing Zixzax and this didn't help. Has anyone figured this out?

You have to stop the attack on the End of Time before any more rooms will open.

You need to destroy the big Bloodstone in Luculla (NE, area with cultists and demons past the area with spiders).

So even the hall of heroes portal is not opened (up the stairs just south east of the weaver)?

Try loading a save in single player, and enter the End of Time, to see if that makes a difference.

Yeah not even the hall of heroes portal is open.

I started a singleplayer game now and played it until I got to homestead. Then helped Evelyn with the healing decision and it right away told me that a new room opened in homestead (Which didnt happen at this point in our co-op save). Went to homestead and now zixzax opened hall of heroes like he should.

But it didnt fix the problem for our co-op save. From what I've understod, at some point this will stop us from progressing? We are now at the point where we just saved the white witch and she's at homestead as well but still no portals open.

Yes, eventually you'll hit a point where you will not be able to proceed, without either a patch to fix this, or somehow getting the update to trigger in the game for the hall of heroes.
I thought I had this bug too, I used a blood stone in Homestead, picked up the inert stone and went looking for Zixzax. He was standing in front of an inactive portal spouting his lines to enter it. I then ported out and back to Homestead and this time on arrival got the conversation with Zixzax wherein he reveals a bit more of your former past as a Guardian. Then he ran off to the previously inactive portal which was now active. Come to think of it, Zixzax always talks to you first about your past before activating a portal, for some reason in this particular instance he didn't. But it's all okay now.
Originally Posted by Lowlife555
Well I triggered the attack on End of Time, where fireballs are raining down, still only Hall of Heroes open.

Am I fucked?

My game progressed once the raining fireballs problem was dealth with.

I had to waypoint out of end of time, and back again like 10 times, and lots of portals opened.

This is a big bug, and needs to be fixed.

In the case of the homestead being under attack, it is by design that no more portals open up. After that Zixzax should run from one location to the next, though, without you having to leave the End of Time and return.

In the case of the homestead being under attack, it is by design that no more portals open up. After that Zixzax should run from one location to the next, though, without you having to leave the End of Time and return.

he doesnt, and my game had ONLY hall of heroes opened, so it was obviously bugged.
Raze,

I am having the same problem, and I sent to you a old savegame by mistake.

If you could fix this new savegame I sent to you it would be great, because I am stucked ingame.

Thanks

If you sent it directly to me (raze@larian.com) I have not received anything (my mailbox was full for a couple hours earlier this evening, though, so I may not have gotten large email). If you sent it to support, there would be a delay before it would be forwarded to me.
I do not have a developer build of the game, though, so if there is actually a problem in the save itself, I can not fix it (it will have to wait until next week when Larian gets back from vacation). Of the saves I've tried, though, several have been from when the homestead was under attack, or people just missed where Zixzax moved or checking the portal that was last opened.

If you sent it directly to me (raze@larian.com) I have not received anything (my mailbox was full for a couple hours earlier this evening, though, so I may not have gotten large email). If you sent it to support, there would be a delay before it would be forwarded to me.
I do not have a developer build of the game, though, so if there is actually a problem in the save itself, I can not fix it (it will have to wait until next week when Larian gets back from vacation). Of the saves I've tried, though, several have been from when the homestead was under attack, or people just missed where Zixzax moved or checking the portal that was last opened.

I sent to support, but you fixed my first savegame sent, but it was a save from a old game. So I sent my actual savegame, hope you can fix it.

Aslam

Am I fucked?

My game progressed once the raining fireballs problem was dealth with.

I had to waypoint out of end of time, and back again like 10 times, and lots of portals opened.

This is a big bug, and needs to be fixed.

Finally got far enough in the game that we stopped the homestead attack, and I'm happy to say that it fixed the bug smile. Zixzax is now running around opening all the portals for us (finally)!

So yay we can actually finish the game now.

But still I hope this gets fixed. Naturally it would had been nice to access these portals earlier in the game smile.
There is a workaround, if you are stuck at the door like me.

Get a bunch of Tenebrium weapons and hack at the "your ascension is not yet complete" door.

It appears to have about 60,000 HP, but it can, eventually, be destroyed by 'brute force' (ctrl-attack)

Advice from the Codex:

Gregz said:

My party just got stuck by a game breaking bug:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=519085

Disappointing, I cannot access the main content at the end, but it was a fun game up to this point.

Konjad said:

Equip a tenebrium weapon and beat the **** out of the doors, as I did. It takes a while (and you'd better have blacksmith skill or buy 20 weapons) but you can continue with the game afterwards.
So, I'm guessing PC Gamer, Eurogamer, and Rock Paper Shotgun hadn't made it to the point of the game where Zixzax literally F*CKS you in the A**. After putting hours into this game. I am now stuck because of this bug. Lovely.
Any information about the patch to fix this bug, many people stucked with it.

Raze?

No, I have not seen any ETA given about a fix for this.
I literally just made an account here to tell you that this bug has hit me too. The imp just stands there. Nothing happens after I leave the Armory.

I mean, it really is a great game and it's obvious a lot of work has been put into it.

I don't know why they aren't fixing this so fans can move on.

Did you talk to anyone in the armoury, and then use the portal to return to the main area in the End of Time?

Did you try killing Zixzax, or teleporting him (as mentioned earlier in the topic)? That may reset his status and get him to continue opening portals. That wouldn't help if you didn't meet anyone in the armoury, though, or he was there but unresponsive.
EDIT: that could help in D:OS, but is very unlikely to help in the EE.

It is being worked on. This only started being reported as Larian left for a 2 week vacation after the first patch was released. There has already been one hotfix since they've been back and another patch is expected soon.

Until it is fixed, you can email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, any crash dumps, and your saved games. To reduce file size, all but your latest save can be deleted from the zip.
No news?
Same bug for me. I passed the door (destroy it), i almost finish the game (Final scene) but a another bug (no final fight) blocking me.
I killed ZixZax a few times, i teleported him.
But a least 4 portals are not open.
I preordered the game, i'm disappointed. No way to finish the game, half of the story cinematic, and important rooms impossible to explore.
Same bug for me. Really disappointed.

I cant tell Zixzax the time weavers tale...

Did you go through all the speech options with the weaver, as well as with Zixzax?
Any update on this? MY friend and I haven't played in about 2 months because of this issue; is Larian working on it?

If it doesn't work in the recent update, please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, all but your latest save can be deleted in the zip, and (if available) maybe leave the most recent working save and the oldest where new portals were not being opened (that should have been).
So I guess I've been affected by this, too?

I have twelve inert stones in my inventory, two regular bloodstones, and a bloodstone shard from the wounded mage quest. All of the portals except the one to the Forbidden Zone are now open, I've beaten back the fireballs attack, etc. When I activate any of the remaining three bloodstones, they give me XP, heal me and everything that goes with it, but I don't get the normal indication that a new portal was unlocked in the homestead (the teleporter symbol on the right is supposed to glow green), and indeed Zixzax doesn't react when I return. This happens regardless whether I am activating the bloodstones in the Homestead or elsewhere.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Isn't it weird that I have 12 inert stones but only 11 open portals?

EDIT2: Decided to return to the Source Temple and the door suddenly opened. The Forbidden Zone is still inaccessible from the Homestead, however. :-/

The Forbidden Zone portal can not be activated.

Don't forget about the observatory portal, opened with the first star stone.

The Forbidden Zone portal can not be activated.

Don't forget about the observatory portal, opened with the first star stone.

I see, thank you. smile Well, then, I managed to finish the game now, somehow...
Please Larian, I really need a patch to fix it.
I kill & teleport Zyxzax but the bug is still here.

Please email support with your latest save (preferably the latest before teleporting or killing Zixzax, if you saved after that); see my reply in the D:OS EE - Bugs and issues topic.
Ok, email sent with our save before we kill Zixzax.
Raze, we have no news about our save since monday...
Is it so difficult to fix this bug ? :-(

We dowload the patch version v2.0.103.346 and the bug is still here...

Today's update was already finalized and had started testing on Monday. The support issue for this is still open; the lead programmer is currently looking into this and another similar report.
Ok.
And you think he can repair our save ? (and our game by the way.)

It would require a game update, but it sounds like it should be fixable (though the proposed fix hasn't been implemented or tested yet).
Ok, thank you !
Tell me if you have any news. smile
Still no issues ? :-(
Larian is mute, my friends sent them our save but they don't answer.

I have answered all support email. Fixes that would require an update can take some time, especially when the console patches are in the process of being released and the Mac / Linux versions and a couple other things are approaching release.
But it's sure that they will fix this bug ? You've got a confirmation ?

I don't know if the proposed fix has been implemented or tested yet; there have not been any new comments or status updates on the support issue.
Larian does not answer us on twitter, facebook, or by mail.
We are disappointed because we really like Larian (we bought all the Divinity's games and backed up Divinity OS 2). They just retweet what they like.
No good news for Christmas, Raze ?
Or maybe for the new year... ?

I don't know.
Still no news for our bug ? frown

It should be fixed in the next update, but there is no ETA for that yet.

EDIT: a fix for existing saves was made a week ago, so I removed the 'hopefully' from the reply above, and the comment that a couple of the programmers were discussing the case for existing saves.
What is an ETA ?

Estimated Time of Arrival
Ok, thank you.

It should be fixed in the next update, but there is no ETA for that yet.

EDIT: a fix for existing saves was made a week ago, so I removed the 'hopefully' from the reply above, and the comment that a couple of the programmers were discussing the case for existing saves.

In our save, the bug is stil here... :-(
Nothing has changed.
Our version is v2.0.104.737

The fix will not be available until the next update.
What a wonderful news ! smile
I do not know if this will help, but ill leave this here anyways. This bugg seems to have been in the game without a fix for a very long time, which is unacceptable BTW!!

Me and my freind played through the game swimmingly, untill we got to the door of the source temple. we didnt have all the inherit stones so we gathered 14 and thought this would be enough. ofc we didnt get through, and after some googling we found out that its the homestead portals that triggers it.
Problem is, zixzax is just standing there, telling us to jump into the portal and see whats inside. we have all the portals in the homstead except two. The last one we unlocked was either the trading emporium or the armory. either way we are stuck.

I just can't grasp how such a huge gamebreaking bugg is still left unattended to. There are apperantly loads of people having trouble with this, and it leaves me with a taste of disgust towards a game that i would outherwise love to death.

This topic was started for the original release, and includes a lot of issues with people not having ended the attack on the homestead, or gone through the last opened portal, etc. The issue in the EE is new, and will be fixed in the next update.
Could you tell us when you will have the ETA of this update ?

This topic was started for the original release, and includes a lot of issues with people not having ended the attack on the homestead, or gone through the last opened portal, etc. The issue in the EE is new, and will be fixed in the next update.

Okey, but will the update fix previous savefiles, or do we have to do another playthrough?

Yes, it will fix existing saves with this issue.
Okey, but when is this patch coming out? This is taking a shamfully long time...

I mean its hard for me to imagine that a studio could release a enhanced edition with a bug that takes this long to fix. Its just as bad as releasing an unfinished game.
No ETA ?

No, not yet.
And now ?

The same.
You break my heart... :-(
My heart beats again !
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=580113&#Post580113

""Fixed Zixzax not opening certain rooms in Homestead" "
This has started happening after patch 113.775.
Zixzax keeps repeating the same sentence over and over and doesnt open portals.
before the patch everything was fine.

Did you enter the last opened portal and get a cotscene conversation with Astarte or the demon, and then return to the main section of the homestead, with a main character in the lead?

When a portal is completely opened, a marker is added to the map, so check the portal that is active but doesn't have a map marker.
Ok, never mind.
i just completely missed the hall of stone portal. however it was not on the map until i entered it.
Originally Posted by nadalito
My heart beats again !
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=580113&#Post580113

""Fixed Zixzax not opening certain rooms in Homestead" "

I seem to be still experiencing this issue in the latest Steam release version of the Enhanced Edition.

Screenshot:
http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...BD1517572DABC9C6D8C6567C761A4CB67411BE1/

As you can see, I've got enough star stones to unlock more rooms, but only the Hall of Heroes has unlocked, and ZixZax is stuck there telling me about all the wonderful things that might await me.

I admit I'm kinda surprised to see a game-breaking bug like this still present two years after the game's release date >_<.

Enter the Hall of Heroes, and talk to the NPC seated at the table about half way down. After that, return to the main section of the homestead through the portal, with a main character in the lead. If you already talked to the NPC, just enter and leave the hall with a main charcter as leader, in order to trigger a comment when returning.
Ok, that worked. That's. . very strange, because I'd been in an out of the hall of heroes repeatedly before and hadn't seen her sitting there! I even found the Hahneman's Axe. . .maybe it's because I had alt down to find items and that obscured her.

Thanks for the pointer.
I have the same exact problem. There's no attack on the end of time going on right now. It just stopped opening portals after the first one. Is there any fix at all here?

By first portal, do you mean the Hall of Heroes? Quoting my reply just above:
Enter the Hall of Heroes, and talk to the NPC seated at the table about half way down. After that, return to the main section of the homestead through the portal, with a main character in the lead. If you already talked to the NPC, just enter and leave the hall with a main charcter as leader, in order to trigger a comment when returning.

If you meant the observatory portal, where you first unlock the homestead, head to the portal to the right just before getting to the weaver, where Zixzax will presumably be standing if you've triggered a second star stone or used a second blood stone.
© Larian Studios forums