Larian Studios
Posted By: Wouter445 Console Commands DosII - 01/05/17 09:24 AM
so where are the console commands? i like to adjust some stats on my party without going into memory hack.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Console Commands DosII - 01/05/17 01:54 PM
Why?

And the devs aren't likely to post those openly even if they are enabled because the idea is for users to give feedback on the game as it is, not how well it's balanced if you cheat your stats and such.
Posted By: vometia Re: Console Commands DosII - 01/05/17 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Why?

And the devs aren't likely to post those openly even if they are enabled because the idea is for users to give feedback on the game as it is, not how well it's balanced if you cheat your stats and such.

Speaking as someone whose comfort zone is the Bethesda games, I actually really like having console access: admittedly, Bethesda games typically require console access to un-stick the numerous bugs, but I kinda like the convenience of being able to alter, fix or examine stuff as the fancy takes me. Unless there's a really good reason to not have it (such as competitive MP... but I hate competitive MP) I don't really see the harm. Though I guess it does potentially complicate things like bug reports, particularly in the EA stage.
Posted By: Wouter445 Re: Console Commands DosII - 01/05/17 04:20 PM
why do you care? i like to adjust some points and control my videogame.
i can adjust them with a memory hack but gives me 100 points i only wanna have a few.

it can also be made that console is disabled for MP if people prefer.
Posted By: leetcat Re: Console Commands DosII - 16/05/17 05:49 PM
@Walter
I agree with you. I think console commands should be released if someone wants to adjust stats why not make it easy for them? Memory hack is a dirty work around.
Posted By: lx07 Re: Console Commands DosII - 16/05/17 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by leetcat
Memory hack is a dirty work around.
Not really. If you want to cheat you have to put a bit of effort in.

I've been cheating in the original EE so I start off with 15 blood stones for each character.

I can win then (with Divine level 20 armor when I'm on level 2) but it is a bit boring.

What is interesting is some things you can change just with notepad (like what you start with), some things you have to unpack the proprietary zip.

DOS 2 seems to work more or less the same as EE - you could check out the Mod section there for some tips.
Posted By: Wouter445 Re: Console Commands DosII - 17/05/17 04:43 AM
all game files are still encrypted one never ever gonna mod something from this game at this moment.

which is also not very good idea from the dev's if they wanna have a strong mod community making the game mod-able should have priority over some stupid GM.
Posted By: TraceChaos Re: Console Commands DosII - 17/05/17 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by Wouter445
all game files are still encrypted one never ever gonna mod something from this game at this moment.

which is also not very good idea from the dev's if they wanna have a strong mod community making the game mod-able should have priority over some stupid GM.

The reason of course is pretty obvious ; the game's still in alpha, why would they want people looking through the files right now?
Posted By: Wouter445 Re: Console Commands DosII - 17/05/17 05:18 PM
nothing obvious about it.
it's only makes it less transparent and people in general do not like this kind of Behavior and if not proved i think i ask a refunds because it's pretty step price for the amount of shows.
Posted By: Raze Re: Console Commands DosII - 17/05/17 06:13 PM

The game files are not encrypted, and in fact before the GM mode announcement, someone was able to extract files and make screenshots of some of the locations.

GM mode requires a modable game, and the ease of use features required for GM mode will help with the usability of the editor. They are not mutually exclusive features.
Posted By: vometia Re: Console Commands DosII - 17/05/17 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by Raze
... someone was able to extract files and make screenshots of some of the locations.

Says a lot that I never even thought about doing that (though I don't really have the skill to do so), I was more interested in seeing what outfits were available and generally tinkering with them. I ended up importing a couple of things from Ego Draconis, which was enough to keep me entertained.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Console Commands DosII - 17/05/17 09:09 PM
it's only makes it less transparent and people in general do not like this kind of Behavior and if not proved i think i ask a refunds because it's pretty step price for the amount of shows.

You are being ridiculous. Did you miss that the game is in Alpha? It is not fully released, nor are the modding tools. Feel free to refund the game now and check in after release, though.
Posted By: Wouter445 Re: Console Commands DosII - 18/05/17 04:21 AM

You are being ridiculous. Did you miss that the game is in Alpha? It is not fully released, nor are the modding tools. Feel free to refund the game now and check in after release, though.

say that to the people who pre ordered No man's sky.
and indeed one can check after the release.
Posted By: artemo Re: Console Commands DosII - 18/05/17 10:25 AM

... someone was able to extract files and make screenshots of some of the locations.
hehe
I was trying so hard to launch this maps also make screenshots of skills pictures, but couldn't make work GM mode frown . Maybe in next update i will be more lucky claphands
all game files are still encrypted
All files can be open by EE pak extractor
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Console Commands DosII - 18/05/17 11:46 AM

Okay, so you honestly do not seem to know what alpha means. It means that the game is not a finished product. Not all the features which will be in the final game are in the game at this time. Unlike No Man's Sky, this is not claiming to be a finished and feature complete final product.

Posted By: Wouter445 Re: Console Commands DosII - 18/05/17 04:52 PM

Okay, so you honestly do not seem to know what alpha means. It means that the game is not a finished product. Not all the features which will be in the final game are in the game at this time. Unlike No Man's Sky, this is not claiming to be a finished and feature complete final product.

obvious i seen videogames years after their release still being in alpha stage, it's just a cheap word to be lazy and not be accountable for all that's wrong.

for example star citizen would be alpha forever the universe would sooner end then that game would be released.

and what's the big deal many company's have moddable support alone their games or console commands along their alpha product. it's not like something impassable.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Console Commands DosII - 18/05/17 05:16 PM
Since you have no trust that Larian will complete and release the game, I suggest that you try to get a refund and only come back later after the full release when you can ask if the game has all the features you want it to have. And next time, don't get early access or Kickstarter unless you trust the company to deliver.

and what's the big deal many company's have moddable support alone their games or console commands along their alpha product. it's not like something impassable.

So what? That's an absolutely meaningless standard.

Other companies with different products sometimes even in different genres do different things. Sometimes people make the most bizarre demands that because company X does something, company Y should also do the same thing.

Larian is focusing on the main game, they have never said that the modding tools would be released during the alpha, they have always said the modding tools would be released with the full game.
Posted By: 4verse Re: Console Commands DosII - 19/05/17 06:27 AM

1) not true
2) you do realize that there will be full mod support via modding tools (and to some degree via gm mode, since they kinda supplement each other)?
Posted By: 66icer Re: Console Commands DosII - 16/10/17 11:43 AM
Sorry for resurrecting a dead thread... But now that the game has been officially released to the market, does anyone know of how to activate console commands for dosii?

Thank you from now.
Posted By: vometia Re: Console Commands DosII - 16/10/17 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by 66icer
Sorry for resurrecting a dead thread... But now that the game has been officially released to the market, does anyone know of how to activate console commands for dosii?

Thank you from now.

I'm not sure it really has one as such: possibly a bit presumptuous as I'm basing it on my experience of Divinity 2, now quite a few years back, and its "Developers' Cut" had a sort of menu interface to access various things but no command line. It'd still be nice to see something, but I'm not sure we'll get the full-on Bethesda-style meddling that I'm used to in TES and Fallout. There's arguably less need for it, though I agree it'd be nice to have.
Posted By: teksuo Re: Console Commands DosII - 24/10/17 05:18 AM
sounds lazy ;) i could give my lonewolf mages a few str points so they could actually open heavy coffins without carrying a "coffin opening gear swap" ; but how would i live with myself then ?
© Larian Studios forums