Larian Studios
Posted By: Aenra Need help (replacing Lohse's special ability) - 16/10/17 11:36 PM
Would like to replace Lohse's "Maddening Song" with the elf racial "Flesh Sacrifice".

Is that possible? And, assuming things work like they did in DOS 1, any chance of a rough guide?
(what to extract, where to look for Lohse's abilities, the basics..)

My thanks for reading smile
Posted By: Aenra Re: Need some help :S - 17/10/17 12:59 AM
Edit: Have so far done this, but hasn't helped:

(shared.pak) Public\Shared\Stats\SkillSet_SkillSet.txt, line 3025, replaced "Target_MaddeningSong" with "Shout_FleshSacrifice"

Found some mention of this inside the origins.pak, denoting that her skills are read from the "Avatar_Lohse" entry, which is what has been modified above.. but when ingame, icon, tooltip and ability itself remain unchanged ^^
Posted By: Thasainz Re: Need some help :S - 17/10/17 01:10 AM
I can't help, but.. I'd suggest you to change the title with something more specific, you know? So some modders may know and they'll help. x)
Posted By: Aenra Re: Need some help :S - 17/10/17 01:14 AM
Good point.. changed it accordingly smile
Posted By: Uriel718 Re: Need some help :S - 17/10/17 05:34 PM
Can't help with the modding approach, but there is a way to do this, if you're ok with going about it the cheating way.

Cheaters have figured out a way to enter GM mode in the campaign, and through GM mode you can add and remove skills from your party members. There are two ways to achieve this, either by paying for a Cheat Happens account or using the free Cheat Engine software.

Cheat Engine:
http://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?t=202

Cheat Happens:
https://www.cheathappens.com/21767-PC-Divinity_Original_Sin_2_cheats

Third way is by using a cheat mod called "Origin and Racial Spell Skillbooks", which can give you all the skill books for origin and racial skills. This however can't remove the original skill:
https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/70/?
Posted By: Aenra Re: Need some help :S - 17/10/17 08:33 PM
Thanks for replying Uriel, didn't know any of that's possible.

(sadly.. not my thing, lol. Would like to do this 'properly', if possible)

But as mentioned, i appreciate it smile
If anyone stumbles onto something that could help, be it manually or through the editor, by all means do share.
Posted By: Larian_KVN Re: Need some help :S - 19/10/17 04:28 PM
Hey Aenra,

your approach with changing the Avatar_Lohse skillset is the correct one. But are you trying to change this for a new game or an existing save game?

(That skill set is only applied on character creation. So in an existing game, lohse will already have learned the madding song skill)

Sincerely,
Kevin
Posted By: Aenra Re: Need some help :S - 19/10/17 04:59 PM
(ooh, it's Kevin!)

I did start a new game with the new .txt loosely put in its corresponding position, just picked Lohse and started, but nothing was changed, she had the default skillset/abilities.
To spare you the time scrolling back up, this is what i'm talking about:

- (from shared.pak) Public\Shared\Stats\SkillSet_SkillSet.txt
- line 3025
- replaced "Target_MaddeningSong" with "Shout_FleshSacrifice"

And thanks for replying by the way, i know you guys are busy smile
Posted By: The Composer Re: Need some help :S - 19/10/17 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Aenra
(ooh, it's Kevin!)

I did start a new game with the new .txt loosely put in its corresponding position, just picked Lohse and started, but nothing was changed, she had the default skillset/abilities.
To spare you the time scrolling back up, this is what i'm talking about:

- (from shared.pak) Public\Shared\Stats\SkillSet_SkillSet.txt
- line 3025
- replaced "Target_MaddeningSong" with "Shout_FleshSacrifice"

And thanks for replying by the way, i know you guys are busy smile

Try to do this in the Stats Editor instead, find the skillset in the Shared folder and click it, right click and override in mod. It'll copy it over to your mod and know to override it with what ever changes you make to it.
Posted By: Aenra Re: Need some help :S - 19/10/17 07:39 PM
When saying 'stats editor', i assume you mean the DivinityEngine executable right? :S

(haven't even run it yet, was told spoilers await just by loading the main campaign, so have thus far refrained)

And thanks for chipping in!
Posted By: The Composer Re: Need some help :S - 19/10/17 07:49 PM
Yes, I mean in the Divinity Engine 2. You don't need to load any of the main campaign levels to alter the stats editor so as long as you keep the curiosity at bay, you should be just fine and safe from spoilers smile
Posted By: Aenra Re: Need some help :S - 19/10/17 07:57 PM
Aaah, i see. Well then, off i go smile

And my thanks once again; as usual with me, turns out i was missing the obvious, lol
Posted By: Garret77 Re: Need some help :S - 19/10/17 08:12 PM
I see that you guys are doing fine, anyway I've made for you short step by step tut https://imgur.com/a/sYlXG
Hope it helps.
Posted By: Aenra Re: Need some help :S - 19/10/17 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Garret77
I've made for you short step by step tut https://imgur.com/a/sYlXG
Hope it helps

Immensely!
Thank you so, so much dude, i really appreciate your taking the time! Much obliged!
bow
© Larian Studios forums