Larian Studios
Posted By: Salo Patch 3 releasing this Friday, September 22 - 21/09/23 04:47 PM
Patch 3 is coming, and it’s a big one. To ensure thorough testing, we’re releasing Patch 3 this Friday, September 22 instead, along with full support on Mac.

With Patch 3 comes the Magic Mirror, which lives in your camp and allows you to change your Tav’s appearance whenever you’d like!

- Change appearance, voice, pronouns
- Race & body type can’t be changed
- Can’t alter Origins — they’re all very particular about their hair

As usual, we will post the Patch Notes for Patch 3 here once it's live tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience, all!
Thank you for the update Salo!
Thanks for the update, but can MacOS get it's own thread. Having to dig into threads and search Twitter is a pain. Just make a Mac thread because there may even be unique issues to Mac users. Constantly searching for any Mac updates frustrates customers, as the Twitter comments show.
Feeling very excited! Thanks for the communication!
Yay! Thank you !
I need those patch notes wyllcry wyllcry
I want to adress this here. This is the official forum.
Then why we need to know the news first hand from game review sites?? Or X?
Why there is no communication toward us.
In this way bg3 forum feels like a wasted time and opportunity.
Originally Posted by ZOZO1006

I agree. The forum should be the first place this news is posted. Also If the MacOS full release isn't out tomorrow, I will figure out how to get a refund. I was misled on Steam into purchasing an early-access game. Steam will not refund me because I played too many hours of Early Access, and to top it off, I cannot use the Digital Deluxe items and features I purchased, let alone the actual game. The lack of communication and the misleading Steam page has killed any excitement about the game.
Well i think that D4 is a game that is in a really bad shape.
But the community manager is awesome in d4.
He is giving way more information to the community.

In the end 90% of the YouTubers sayed that d4 can learn a lot of things from bg3.
And I say the community management of bg3 can learn a lot from d4.
At least say something sometimes pretend the intrest.
The patch and the game for Mac should be out at cet 18:00 but the information what you gived was 1 hour after expected patch and release.
I think this is really bad.
I agree with this.
I would love any more info we could possibly get on the Xbox version. A lot of patches and fixes and what not coming out and we don't even have an official announcement lol
Originally Posted by MonkeyToes
I would love any more info we could get on the Xbox version. A lot of patches and fixes and what not coming out and we don't even have an official announcement lol

I'm not a mod per day but like you, I play on Xbox too. The XSX version won't have spilt-screen enabled unfortunately I didn't see anything for cross-platform on the XSX.

And for Xbox S it's going to have split-screen and cross-platform progression.

Now there is no official release day yet. But I would imagine right before either Thanksgiving or right before Xmas. Once I find a confirmation date I will make sure to let you know smile I have yet to read anything about Mouse and keyboard Support *rolls their eyes* take it from someone who's been playing in an Xbox Controller on my Steam Deck I find it a lot more easier and intuitive to play BG3 :P
All Larian has stated officially is the end of the year. And for the record, I have been doing the gaming thing for 52 years and I have reliable inside sources. So you can trust me when I tell you something lol!

Sources: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ba...s-save-between-xbox-steam.756997/page-17

https://www.gameinformer.com/news/2...-year-but-without-split-screen-co-op-on?
TRANSMOG FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE
Originally Posted by Salo
Patch 3 is coming, and it’s a big one. To ensure thorough testing, we’re releasing Patch 3 this Friday, September 22 instead, along with full support on Mac.

With Patch 3 comes the Magic Mirror, which lives in your camp and allows you to change your Tav’s appearance whenever you’d like!

- Change appearance, voice, pronouns
- Race & body type can’t be changed
- Can’t alter Origins — they’re all very particular about their hair

As usual, we will post the Patch Notes for Patch 3 here once it's live tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience, all!

Good! About damn time. I'm sick and tired of having to restart my game over and over again :X
At least 50 times and counting :X
Originally Posted by welsh1980
I want to address this here. This is the official forum.
Then why do we need to know the news firsthand from game review sites?? Or X?
Why there is no communication between us?
In this way, bg3 forum feels like a wasted time and opportunity.

I agree. The forum should be the first place this news is posted. Also If the MacOS full release isn't out tomorrow, I will figure out how to get a refund. I was misled on Steam into purchasing an early-access game. Steam will not refund me because I played too many hours of Early Access, and to top it off, I cannot use the Digital Deluxe items and features I purchased, let alone the actual game. The lack of communication and the misleading Steam page has killed any excitement about the game.

Couldn't agree 100% more. This forum should focus on what's important to this game. Then the other "useless stuff" LOL!

Have you sent a support ticket to Larian about your Deluxe Edition? Unfortunately, you had to download a lot of that stuff. But the two things that you can use are the dice skin and the items in your camp chest.

Here's how to make a support ticket, with all due respect to the mods. This is one thing they can't help with.

https://larian.com/support
Originally Posted by Brutality
Couldn't agree 100% more. This forum should focus on what's important to this game. Then the other "useless stuff" LOL!

Have you sent a support ticket to Larian about your Deluxe Edition? Unfortunately, you had to download a lot of that stuff. But the two things that you can use are the dice skin and the items in your camp chest.

Here's how to make a support ticket, with all due respect to the mods. This is one thing they can't help with.

I submitted the ticket already. I would take the refund now. I'm at the point where I don't care to play the game.
Posted By: Bess Re: Patch 3 releasing this Friday, September 22 - 21/09/23 07:22 PM
This is a very welcome update laugh
welsh, my friend!
Don't you want to play a kick a$$ game that's being hailed as the #1 rpg of all time? Yeah, it's been delayed. Have I gone through the rollercoaster of emotion since August like you have? Yep. And do you know the best thing? We don't have to deal with all the bugs that PC and PS5 have had to deal with the past 2-6 weeks. We get a better game from the get go. Larian is committed to quality, and they could definitely use work on communication and transparency, but if it's coming out tomorrow let's do this! We could multiplayer together (you, me, Brutality and Salo) and get out whatever aggression hasn't been transformed into elation by slaying some orcs. We're almost there. Don't give up at the finish line.

Count me amongst those who agree. This is the official forum, not Twitter, not Facebook, not Discord, and not Reddit. They should be communicating with the players here.

That said, I'm a bit annoyed that their big talking piece about this patch is this mirror. This is something they had in their Divinity games, so this should have been in at launch.

I have little to no faith that those of us (and we are MANY) who want couch co-op to work like it did in the Divinity games are going to get this added.
It's almost as if whoever is at Larian now weren't around 5 years ago and have no clue about Divinity or how it's supposed to work.
Originally Posted by Brutality

I submitted the ticket already. I would take the refund now. I'm at the point where I don't care to play the game.

Unfortunately it depends on how many days it's been? But I don't think you'll be able to refund your money unless you explain to them in detail about the Mac delay. And honestly I don't blame you wanting to give up on BG3. Because not being able to previously change my class and looks was a game-breaking. It's going to be patched tomorrow? But as far as I'm concerned I'm going to play Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty and this game can go **** it's self.

Good Luck!
Originally Posted by kenfree100
welsh, my friend!
We don't have to deal with all the bugs that PC and PS5 have had to deal with the past 2-6 weeks.

Good luck with that, neighbour.
Originally Posted by Tom Imp
I want to address this here. This is the official forum.
Then why do we need to know the news firsthand from game review sites?? Or X?
Why there is no communication between us?

Count me amongst those who agree. This is the official forum, not Twitter, not Facebook, not Discord, and not Reddit. They should be communicating with the players here.

That said, I'm a bit annoyed that their big talking piece about this patch is this mirror. This is something they had in their Divinity games, so this should have been in at launch.

I have little to no faith that those of us (and we are MANY) who want couch co-op to work as it did in the Divinity games are going to get this added.
It's almost as if whoever is at Larian now wasn't around 5 years ago and has no clue about Divinity or how it's supposed to work.

Starfield already has this in the base game. What does that tell you LOL! I"m done for now maybe forever? I'm going to play Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty and hopefully, when this gets ported to Xbox it will be better. But I'm not holding my collective breath :X
Pronouns. PRO NOUNS.
When was the last time you saw a thread on this forum calling for anything to do with pronouns? <crickets>
There's more posts by imaginary Dubai call girls than there are posts by real people about pronouns.
Will patch 3 fix all of the issues introduced with patch 2?
As a macOS gamer (lol) I feel mislead. Like many of you, I didn't realize until *after* purchase that the macOS version was delayed and instead of setting any expectations, they just teased us along. It's been a month a half now.

I do not like the lack of respect shown towards their customers. eg: not mentioning it anywhere, sweeping it under the rug (bottom of PS5 announcement), doesn't get own blog post, or own forum post.

Yes, we're a small cohort of customers, but you are still offering us this product variant.

Imagine ordering a phone or computer and depending on the color choice it could take significantly effect when the product would arrive. They would have to be *upfront* about that. People expect more for a modern software company.

As a member of the D4, Star Citizen, Starfield community, there's drastic difference to community engagement and it sucks.
Originally Posted by Beechams
welsh, my friend!
We don't have to deal with all the bugs that PC and PS5 have had to deal with the past 2-6 weeks.

Totally. I'm not suggesting perfect. I'm suggesting that some of the land has already been trodden. :p
I hope this patch fixes the Archfey Warlock sub-class that has been broken since release. I quit playing when I hit level 4 and and have been waiting for it to get fixed because I don't want to continue without all of the abilities I'm supposed to have, and there was no telling what else might be missing at higher levels. I kept seeing other classes and sub-classes getting fixes in the hotfixes and patches, but not the Archfey. I kept reporting it every update, but if I knew it would take this long to get fixed I could have re-started with a different class, although I still wouldn't have wanted to do that because I was enjoying the character combination I put together. I know people that have finished the game and played a 2nd time while I've been waiting for a fix.

I guess I can at least thank you for reminding me I why I stopped pre-ordering, and buying games at release.
welsh, my friend!

Totally. I'm not suggesting perfect. I'm suggesting that some of the land has already been trodden. :p

I would say, with a vague statement like this from the CEO, that BG3 for MacOS and Patch 3 will be delayed again: https://x.com/LarAtLarian/status/1704807658706887066?s=20

How often does it have to be delayed on Mac before we say the heck with it and ask for our money back?
Will the patch address the issue on ps5 if constant 5-40+ seconds freezes as that is making the game unplayable after a point for split screen coop on ps5?
welsh, my friend!

I would say, with a vague statement like this from the CEO, that BG3 for MacOS and Patch 3 will be delayed again: https://x.com/LarAtLarian/status/1704807658706887066?s=20

How often does it have to be delayed on Mac before we say the heck with it and ask for our money back?
Saw that. Hopefully it goes well so we can start crushing this game, Welsh. If it does come out, let's pair up on multi and forget our woes!

I agree. If these are their official forums, I feel that the company should have a bigger presence here. Right now I get quicker BG news from Reddit, which gets their updates from ex-Twitter.
Wooo!!! Thank you for the update! Looking forward to it!
Saw that. Hopefully it goes well so we can start crushing this game, Welsh. If it does come out, let's pair up on multi and forget our woes!

Sounds good. I am married though and only had today off to play, so that is why Im really mad. Actually moved everything on my calendar to tomorrow. The weekends are with the wife.
Anyone who has been playing video games for a long time should know that buying a game in early access is like buying a lottery ticket. Do not be discouraged, Mac users, everything regarding the game will be resolved little by little, do not lose hope.
This is said by someone who only plays on Linux and can play this great game thanks to the huge community behind all this. Greetings to all
Posted By: Vyse Re: Patch 3 releasing this Friday, September 22 - 22/09/23 04:50 AM
To think I'd live to see the day you post updates on your own forum… wow. I have already said everything I had to say on the matter and I hope I will be too busy to come here and comment starting later today, because the game will actually be released. So, thanks for posting something here for a change as well. The journey to get to this point was… unpleasant.

I hope this will not remain an exception and that you prioritize your own channels (this forum, discord) and the platforms people bought your game on (Steam, gog, etc.) over X/Twitter in the future. Not everybody playing your games has an account there and if you are not registered, you would not even see the updates you posted in response to the 21st release day tweet without being linked there directly. (if you do not have an account and visit your studio page on X, you don't even see the tweets in chronological order and if you click anything it asks you to register).

This does not sound promising however. https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian/status/1704807658706887066?s=20
More like you are using your own dice mechanics to decide if you release or not… Why is the final QA test performed so close to release? You seem to always cut it incredibly close and if anything fails you have to delay. It happened with every date you have given us so far, so maybe that indicates an issue with the proccess and the time you leave between QA testing and actual release…
Posted By: Axos Re: Patch 3 releasing this Friday, September 22 - 22/09/23 07:03 AM
Does anyone know what time it comes out?
Originally Posted by Axos
Does anyone know what time it comes out?

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat..._what_time_patch_3max_release_will_drop/

Twitter/X is also an official channel and it is a lot more suited for short updates and announcements than the forum.

For short updates like this one: https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian/status/1704807658706887066?s=20
Twitter/X is just a lot more suited than starting a new forum thread. The news section in the forum would also be flooded with threads so that it is harder to find the threads that are more important.

But with that said, they could post about it in the forums as well, but probably not a new thread for every small update.
Mac Users: Make sure to follow this to not biff anything
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3655285941429712390
Posted By: Mio Re: Patch 3 releasing this Friday, September 22 - 22/09/23 09:29 AM
Never used twitter or x. Don't plan on it. They should just start a new thread on their official forums then trying to communicate through a 3rd party software.
Originally Posted by Pekz0r

Twitter/X is also an official channel and it is a lot more suited for short updates and announcements than the forum.

Not everyone is on ex-Twitter. Also, that's a third party social media site. This is supposed to be their official forums. They should use it.
Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? *runs about in excitement*
The fact they release info on X says a lot about (i) how much effort they are willing to put into communicating with their audience - a couple of sentence tweet takes a lot less time than updating a website; and (ii) who they see as their target audience - they aren't interesting in DnD fans or even RPG fans, just the novelty, short attention span crowd.
I actually think i got more attention from Dubai girls then from the community team.
But I doubt they care or they will improve later.
I layed my eyes on this forum for years. And I cannot remember any dev responding to a thread.
I don't need them to respond, I just need them to fix stuff laugh
translation = Larian forgot about testing to push it out a day early... clearly that fell flat on its face and now [we hope] for a day after

expect bugs
I actually think i got more attention from Dubai girls then from the community team.
But I doubt they care or they will improve later.
I layed my eyes on this forum for years. And I cannot remember any dev responding to a thread.

With that Dubai crap Larian is trying to fool us, distract us and keep us busy so we don't bitch so much... Sry a conspiracy tadpole was nibbling at my ear. smile
Posted By: Dzen Re: Patch 3 releasing this Friday, September 22 - 22/09/23 12:56 PM
According to my time zone, I already have one foot on Saturday the 23rd..... And there's still no patch.
Originally Posted by Dzen
According to my time zone, I already have one foot on Saturday the 23rd..... And there's still no patch.
If it will drop the same time as patch 2, then it will drop 4pm gmt (greenwich mean time). What time it will release for you depends on what 4pm gmt is in your country.
Originally Posted by edithapa
Originally Posted by Dzen
If it will drop the same time as patch 2, then it will drop 4pm gmt (greenwich mean time). What time it will release for you depends on what 4pm gmt is in your country.

Late. Some patch notes would tide me over till tomorrow, though.

I agree but these forums time out most of the time and the engine is outdated. It's not even possible to get notifications (except by email) or follow passed discussions.

Larian need to address this issue before making their official communications only here. If people can't read it because the servers are giving up, it won't help. ;-)

Sadly, it's been like that for 3 years or more and they haven't done anything yet, so I'm not optimistic about it.

(and no, it's not my connection, there are entire threads about the problem)

EDIT: As proof, I had to post this message 6 or 7 times before it was accepted, because of some "database error"...
Even Blizzard doesn't really put updates to most things on their forums, nor does Square Enix.

Square uses Twitter and it's Mogstation page, and Blizzard uses Twitter.

It's easier to post an update during the busy day from your phone while dropping a shit.
Twitter works perfectly for communicating quick information. That's what the platform is for. It allows Larian to engage with their community, and they do a consistent job. It seems to work really well for a massive number of people.

I'm not sure where the hate is coming from.

It's clear Larian pays attention to the threads here. It's rare that they respond directly to any of the threads, but it has happened.

That said, I think these forums function more as a think tank for the community. We come in here and throw out ideas and suggestions. We debate one another. Every now and then, maybe something good comes out of our efforts.

I guess what I'm saying is that some platforms work great for generating memes, which helps marketing. Some inspire enthusiasm. Some are great for releasing information. We all seem to gravitate toward where we best belong, as far as I can tell. For instance, I'm a regular here, and while I always check Twitter for updates, I never post there. It's not my wheelhouse.
Twitter is indeed great for that purpose, but since it was changed to a certain unnamed rich man's pet project with the strange innate obsession of a certain letter in the alphabet, you can not see all that information without being logged in. Many people including me don't subscribe to having an account on that website, for one reason or another.

I'm here on the official Larian forums, which should by default be the first place to go to for firsthand information about their products. No hate, just a suggestion for Larian that maybe they haven't considered.
It's here! Yay!
It's out, boyz.
Patch is live guys, happy bug hunting
Originally Posted by Joebro
Twitter is indeed great for that purpose, but since it was changed to a certain unnamed rich man's pet project with the strange innate obsession of a certain letter in the alphabet, you can not see all that information without being logged in. Many people including me don't subscribe to having an account on that website, for one reason or another.

I'm here on the official Larian forums, which should by default be the first place to go to for firsthand information about their products. No hate, just a suggestion for Larian that maybe they haven't considered.

I guess, I don't know. I suppose that's one of the problems you get when you boycott something. If you boycott Chik-fil-a, for example, you don't get to eat their sandwiches.

I'd argue that the information is there, ready to be had if you want it.

Otherwise, the information does make its way here. Almost always within the same day.

Exactly this. It is not realiable anymore without account. No information should go sites which are not accessible without account.
Huge agree. Why do I have to go to another site for news, information, etc on the game and not their official website?
IT'S HERE! I need some patch note wink
Originally Posted by Dracuhl
Huge agree. Why do I have to go to another site for news, information, etc on the game and not their official website?

Because places like Twitter allow for a consolidation of entities offering information.

If every company relied on their own personal website for communicating with their community, people would be forced to sail from island to island. And companies would get less engagement overall.
I found out about through other sites which probably got their information from X/Twitter.

Anyway they could probably post the information on here and Twitter and other sites. But I don't think the average gamer comes here. I come here but I don't go to other official forums for other games. The information, I think, would reach a larger audience through other sites.
Where the notes at?
Posted By: Goku Re: Patch 3 releasing this Friday, September 22 - 22/09/23 03:08 PM
Here: https://baldursgate3.game/news/patch-3-mac-support-magic-mirror-more_93
Enjoy it, Mac users! smile
Thanks for the release. Unfortunately, the magic mirror doesn't work. Maybe a conflict with some mods...
So still no way to switch between ranged and melee on controllers frown thought that will be a priority for some reason.

Holy crap, I need a medic for my scroll wheel finger, repetetive strain injury.
Larians patch notes ought to have a health warning smile

I'm here on the Larian forums, too, and I disagree with you. I found it always amusing that before Musk voiced his personal political preferences publicly, he was the darling of certain unnamed left-wing rich men in the states who thought he could do no wrong...:) Left-wing billionaires don't believe that people with differing opinions and preferences from their own, however, should be allowed to express any opinions at all, apparently. Here's the thing, posting to X is exactly like posting to Twitter before Musk bought the company. You can post exactly the same now as then, with the added bonus that you are much less likely to have your posts banned along with yourself banned as well--for the "crime" of having an opinion. I think that is huge progress, myself. Get over Musk, Twitter is far better as X, imo. I don't know how anyone can support being a ban-happy person who wants to silence anyone who doesn't think like he does. Is that sort of thing even rational?

Look, I don't agree with your post, but I fully support your right to say it and to express your own opinion! Reading your opinion does not damage or discomfit me, exactly like posting on X does not damage or discomfit you...;) That's called being "open-minded" and we could use a lot more of that these days, all over the world. Let's can the hate and bigotry, the narrow-mindedness, and make an effort to communicate and be accepting of ideas that aren't copies of our own. There might even be something worth learning, from all sides of an issue!

Does Larian distribute its software through this web site? Nope--not at all. This site is not intended for that purpose. Larian distributes its games through Steam and Gog, primarily. Both Steam and Gog have BG3 forums in which all sorts of opinions are shared. Thousands...;) There are multitudes of private sites dedicated to Larian games--there are Wikis--just take a moment and Bing/Duck/Goggle "BG3 forums," or something similar, and there will be no shortage of information presented to you. The Internet is a great resource--like having the Library of Thebes at our fingertips. But it does us no good if we do not use it. If Larian built this site to satisfy 100% of your suggestions and to answer all of your complaints, there would be ten thousand other people who would protest that it isn't any good at all...;)
Originally Posted by Zenith
TRANSMOG FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE

Yes please
The most annoying thing about this patch is that it thinks its the full game.

Consequently it demands enough space for the full game.

On a drive that already has the previous game installed.

Normally I wouldnt notice that, but my current gaming rig only has a 500 GB drive. And BG3 is now at 150 GB or something (forgotten the exact number).

So I literally have to uninstall the game, and install the new version as a full game, because the patch refuses to run.
Originally Posted by Halycon Styxland
The most annoying thing about this patch is that it thinks its the full game.

Consequently it demands enough space for the full game.

On a drive that already has the previous game installed.

Normally I wouldnt notice that, but my current gaming rig only has a 500 GB drive. And BG3 is now at 150 GB or something (forgotten the exact number).

So I literally have to uninstall the game, and install the new version as a full game, because the patch refuses to run.

Patch 3 is 10GB. If it wont run then perhaps you do not have enough space left on the drive.
Patch 3 is 10GB. If it wont run then perhaps you do not have enough space left on the drive.

I can confirm... you do have to have near 140gb free before "patch3" will even install. This in addition to the already 150gb.

I had 120gb free, and the patch said nope, not happening -not enough space. I had to move about 20gb of files off and that fixed the issue. A bit of an annoyance - but I got thru it.

In another forum someone mentioned the patch has to unpack a 70gb graphic file in your install directory to twice it's size... and then re-pack it. think
Originally Posted by Liesy Schwarz
Is Magic Mirror coming to PS5?
Sure, it is in your camp.
Originally Posted by DemonsNcide

I can confirm... you do have to have near 140gb free before "patch3" will even install. This in addition to the already 150gb.

I had 120gb free, and the patch said nope, not happening -not enough space. I had to move about 20gb of files off and that fixed the issue. A bit of an annoyance - but I got thru it.

In another forum someone mentioned the patch has to unpack a 70gb graphic file in your install directory to twice it's size... and then re-pack it. think

That still sounds like a Windows issue due to lack of space rather than a problem with Patch 3. Windows always sets aside a percentage of your C drive for itself. This size can be set manually.

A 70GB graphic file which unpacks to 140GB? I doubt that very much.
Game just downloaded... something... today, any idea what it was? Larian going under the radar to "fix" some of the problems with patch 3 Im guessing since they didnt post anything about it.
https://eip.gg/bg3/news/hotfix-7/
Just some bug fixes...
That still sounds like a Windows issue due to lack of space rather than a problem with Patch 3. Windows always sets aside a percentage of your C drive for itself. This size can be set manually.

No. This is an issue with patch3, it had been mentioned on multiple forums. If you are playing on a PC, have the "patch2/hotfix2" version ALREADY installed, when manually updating the patch asks for nearly 140gb of space. My BG3 install is not even on the same drive as my Windows OS, so it's not some kind of Windows size issue.

Originally this post was to provide some helpful insight/solution to people on PC, having that specific version installed, and trying to run patch3 on a drive that has less than 140gb free - If this dosen't apply to you, (PS5/different BG3 version installed/installed full already patched version/Steam auto-updated your install) this is not something you may have had to deal with, then perhaps not make assumptions?
© Larian Studios forums