Divinity Banner
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Baldur's Gate III - General
26 minutes ago
Reactions are part of5E so i guess it will be in the game.
And work like this: on the enemies turn it uses fireball.
Your character has the option of using a reaction or similar like luck.
You get a message that you can choose to use your reaction/skill/feat.
You choose. Computer calculates outcome then it goes back to the normal turn order.

Other example: on your turn you miss.but you are a battlemaster and can choose to use superiority dice to turn a miss into a hit.
So before your turn is over you get the option.

In hard mode you could give players say 5 seconds to choose to use their optional reactions/feats etc.
5 50 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - General
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Arokh
That map looks pretty good to me. up Also smegging things up; a Red Dwarf fan by any chance?

Yes. biggrin I've pinged Renwex who's hopefully still interested and reading his emails as he did the actual mapping, all I can do myself is mangle it with carelessly applied additions.
100 31,087 Read More
Troubleshooting
3 hours ago
Hi all -

I did a search but couldn't find anything. The Allspark editor isn't compiling my effects. I even took an existing effect, saved it with a different name but did absolutely nothing too it, and couldn't compile that either. I'm sure it's something stupid but I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks!
0 2 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Bugs & Technical Problems
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by Raze

AFAIK there were limitations with the HDR implementation due to adding it for the Definitive Edition.

OK...thanks...probably a late addition...;)
2 23 Read More
4 hours ago
No, it just means I quoted Three Dog, because Fallout 3 is Teh Bestâ„¢.
13 369 Read More
6 hours ago
I wish we had new options with our Familiar
Evolve our connection with them and unlock new powers/ability.
I want my Imp back cry

[Linked Image]
0 28 Read More
8 hours ago
Originally Posted by Artagel
Originally Posted by _Vic_
~

Those random encounters you also usually win using auto-attack without doing anything, not issuing a single order. I understand that is the core of adventure, you get xp an loot. Most devs use this to increase game time. But It would be nice to have less inconsequential and repetitive encounters and more difficult fights.
One thing I like of DOS games is that you do not have 2 equal fights in the entire game: every skirmish is unique because you have different enemies or different terrain. I hope they repeat the formula.

It sounds like you hope they remake DOS.

Also sounds like you don't remember playing Infinity games with low level parties. No fights are inconsequential and any enemy can kill you if you make a mistake.

Also remember fighting the same 5 slavers in Athkathla, unarmored and with a mage more than a dozen times. And an insanely amount of goblins, kobolds and skeletons every time I enter a map in bg. Or whenever I go buy things at Thatlantyr shop the same 5 skeletons.
Also remember when I reach level 3-5 and get some armor I won all these fights with the ia and auto-attack, not casting a single spell or moving a muscle for the rest of the game. At least in strategy games, you had the option to auto-fight...

In IWD games that does not happen, you had a set amount of enemies in the map, so you can do more complex encounters. You can ambush them, or the enemy is positioned to ambush you or has some traps laying ahead ( Like the unforgettable exploding barrels of IWD2). You feel that you are not living in a deja vu, repeating the same battle against the same 6 enemies every half hour of gameplay.
Even in Diablo games, the enemies reset and vary whenever you load the game, so It does not feel the same even if you had to fight your way again.

Not a remake of DoS but, fighting the same enemies, again and again, every time I need to buy something? An encounter with the same enemies in different colors for a gazillion time like in Japanese games? eternal grinding? unlimited spawning of the same enemies? No, thanks.

22 569 Read More
8 hours ago
Maybe discounts in your friendly neighborhood druid store?
8 181 Read More
Troubleshooting
12 hours ago
Hi, i dunno if i have the answer, but do you use Divinity Engine 2 or Divinity Engine 2 DefEd ?
When i used Divinity Engine 2 i had some shadows problems, now i'm on DefEd that's very better.

Also, do you have 2 Terrains in the same position, same Y axe ?
1 42 Read More
12 hours ago
If I were a lich
Inside a Tavern
Behind a painting
6 227 Read More
Troubleshooting
17 hours ago
Hi there !

Since yesterday i have a "bug" with my items.

All Icons of my items are blanks. Weapons and stuffs are Blank Icons. The description, the effect and the rest are still working but not the Icons.
Only the items, spells ans scrolls are fine. I saw a topic on this kind of bug on the forum but not really effectiv for me smirk

I'm using DE2DefEd
In my resource manager, i found (Texture Resource) Icons_DOS2_Items : Active: False, all the preview is Blank. Anyway i can't Edit it smirk
I think it's the problem or maybe a path problem but i tried everything smirk
When i Create New From Selected (Icons_DOS2_Items), then all the Icons appear on my copy.
And in all the kind of directory from Divinity Original Sin 2 i can't find any .dds with icons smirk
I'm lost ! :P

If someone can save me :P Maybe Windmere if you see my new Thread ^^
0 11 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - General
18 hours ago
Awesome, thank you for the quick reply and advice.
2 30 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin - Technical Issues
18 hours ago

Unfortunately, if you have done a lot of crafting and the behaviour matches, this is indeed likely the problem.
With a new game, just being more selective with looting and crafting should help. There are local items (specific to that level) that are not assigned a handle until a character picks them up (which makes them a global item), and just focusing on the more effective crafting will limit handle usage. Being more familiar with the game mechanics would let you be more effective and play more efficiently, as well, until you caught back up to where you are now.
27 7,785 Read More
21 hours ago

In the nvidia Control Panel (right click an open area of the desktop to start), check the Antialiasing - Transparency setting and if it is set to 8x (supersample), reset it to default (that can cause this issue), or reset the 3D settings in general to default.
7 927 Read More
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Finally working! I needed to fiddle with x360ce_x64 somewhat more and then copied the created settings to every exe containing folder (not if really needed). If someone encounters same problem I can post screenshots that worked for me. Thanks for the assist Raze!
6 49 Read More