Divinity Banner
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Bugs & Technical Problems
8 hours ago

Does this happen if you create a new profile and start a new single player game?

Do you have similar problems if you start the Classic version of the game? (for Windows)

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anti-virus, graphics utilities, or DirectX injectors, etc?

Try lowering the graphics settings and resolution, or switching to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that makes a difference.
Try enabling, lowering or disabling the Vsync and frame rate cap options.

Try lowering the sound quality in-game. You could also try changing the Windows sound quality settings (one person with D:OS EE reported that a very high default sound quality caused performance issues in-game).

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.

Try exiting out of the Steam client, and starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\bin\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator (or '..\Divinity Original Sin 2\Classic\EoCApp.exe' for the original release).

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

Try creating a new Windows administrator user account, switch to that account and try starting the game from there, directly from the executable.

Try resetting your graphics driver's 3D settings to default (right click an open area of the desktop to start the nvidia Control Panel or AMD Radeon Settings).

One person with performance issues with D:OS EE on an i7 CPU fixed it by setting the game not to use the first 2 CPU cores, since Windows was running everything else on them, as well. Another was getting stuttering, and fixed it by switching the game to use only one core, applying, then switching it back to all 4 cores.
To try this, start the game, then start the Task Manager (Ctrl-Shift-Esc or right click an open area of the Task Bar), switch to the Processes tab, right click on EoCapp.exe and select 'Set Affinity...'. After that, try unselecting Core 0 and 1, apply and test the game, or unselect most of the cores, apply and select all of them again.

Also in the Task Manager Processes tab, try right clicking EoCApp.exe and under Set Priority, select High or Realtime.
1 11 Read More
General
9 hours ago
Good day all,

I hope that this is the correct section to post this question in. Please accept my honest apologies if it is not and advise me accordingly.

I have successfully extracted 490 *.wem files from Music.pak (using the Larian-provided export tool) and converted these to .wav files via VGMStream/Winamp. The problem is that they are all numbered: there are no further track details.

Before I begin spending umpteen hours manually tracking down track names / descriptive names for these, could someone please advise if such a list already exists?

For example:
- 745673361 / 820335950 = variants of Lohse's Song (which hopefully someone could specify)
- 1020577561 = Tavern Fight Music
etc.

Additionally, if someone can advise how to unpack Music_1.pak, I would be most grateful.

Thank you :)
0 8 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - General
9 hours ago
Sordak. Depends what they will do with missing. I mean, a option to -X AC for players and enemy is one thing. A complete re write of rules is another completely different thing. But i disagree with you about NWN1/2. I mean, NWN2 with spell fixes, warlock reworked, etc is more pnp-like than 1, but vanilla nwn2 is less pnp like than nwn1. And NWN1 with PRC implements reagents for spells and fixes classes like Pale Master that are useless on base game. So i would classify :

NWN1 + PRC = 9.5/10
NWN2 + spell fixes + warlock reworked + etc = 9/10
NWN1 without mods = 7.5/10
NWN2 without mods = 7/10
DDO = 5;5/10
Neverwinter Online = 1.5/10

I don't understand that much 2e rules but IMO BG1/2 are 8/10(maybe i an wrong)

BG3, depends a lot about what they will do. If is a SCL complete rewrite of rules will be at best 2/10, if is a option to give -AC and few optional buffs to classes that are awful on 5e like Rangers, then it can be 9/10 but i don't expect a 5e ToEE.
5 139 Read More
19 hours ago
Hello Raze, thank you very much for your reply!

Originally Posted by Raze
UBBCode is disabled on new accounts as an anti-spam measure (no clickable links, etc); editing the post now will let you use it.

Oh okay, I understand, thanks for letting me know. Well, since I had already deleted all the UBBCode, I'll just keep it as is.

Both the location and playtime should change if you make new saves, rather than overwriting an existing one. That should also be a little more reliable, as it is one less step in the save process, and safer since crashes during the save process would be less likely to affect previous saves.

So far, none of the crashes that occurred while saving have corrupted or completely wiped the save file, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Reaper's Coast is 3 or 4 times the size of Fort Joy. Arx is also quite large, with lots of NPCs and various behaviour scripts running in the background, etc. There were some fixes and memory optomizations in the first update, that should have helped with stability issues in Arx.

I understand that Reaper's Coast and especially Arx is pushing the Nintendo Switch to the limits even with the memory optimizations, and I totally understand and accept that, but the crashing while loading/saving (especially saving) problem is unacceptable.

Can you check if new named save have the same chance of crashing?

Sure thing, I will try to save my data in a new save slot and check to see if the crashing instances have changed or whatnot.

Does the chance of crashing change with either fairly short playtimes, or fairly long?

This late game Arx crashing while saving occurrence is currently around a variable rate that ranges from as low as 20min~30min of gameplay and higher. I try to save after each battle now given the high chance of crashing, but it seems that even after smaller battles or even no battles (there was one time I was just doing some inventory management, then tried saving afterwards, then it crashed), it could still crash. I'm starting to believe that having 730+ items in the inventory might having something to do with it, but that's just a guess.

Are saves during combat (with lots of surfaces, etc, around) more likely to crash?

I have never saved during combat, save (no pun intended) for the times when the game auto-saves itself right at the start of certain battles that you walk into. At this point, these auto-saves are making me nervous due to the current crashing probability. When I save now, I try to go into a small secluded room with very few items (no NPCs inside)....but even STILL, the game could crash while saving even in such isolated places; it already happened to me 3 times, so suffice to say, there's no hiding from it.

Since you didn't mention Steam, I'm assuming you don't have that version, as well, with your account linked?
The only other way to get saves off the Switch, for the programmers to check out, would be if you have Nintendo's extra Online service, and would be willing to PM me or email supportdos2@larian.com with your account email/password to retrieve them from cloud storage (you could change the password temporarily, and switch it back once the saves have been transferred).
Otherwise I will create a bug report for this, and hopefully the description will be enough to help track down the issue or reproduce the problem.

That's right, I only own and play the Nintendo Switch version of Divinity: Original Sin 2; I have no such linked accounts. As for transferring my game save cloud data for this game to Larian Studios via the Nintendo Switch Online service, I'll send you a PM.

Thank you very much again for your reply, Raze. smile
2 24 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - General
Yesterday at 11:41 PM
i enjoy frequently finding new pretty looking gear as much as the next guy, but finding int robes that give +1 scoundrel and strength helmets that give finesse or intelligence is pretty disappointing. i don't think every new piece of equipment needs to have optimal stats attached to it, but it'd be nice if it was at least remotely themed with its associated stat requirements
14 1,620 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Suggestions and Feedback
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
i actually consider it optimal to split the party's damage, since there are several enemies in the game who are either highly resistant or even immune to certain damage types. you'll also have characters with no armor of a certain type and high armor of another. your overall damage output might be lower and fights might go a bit longer, but you'll have a better time CCing everyone, which is really what this game comes down to anyway - always having a way to exploit an enemy's weakness and then making sure they can't move once their armor is gone

your results will definitely vary depending on who you ask, and some people still swear by the 4 physical damage party setup. if it works, it works
4 63 Read More
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
i'm wondering if you two are working with different definitions of "imbalance"?

personally, i totally agree with stabbey - having skills in the game that are almost never worth using contributes to nobody's experience and only narrows possible strategies by making it strictly disadvantageous to use certain skills over others; assassinate is a perfect example, deep freeze is another (4 AP for its effect is a complete joke, that's the same amount of AP that most tier 3 source spells cost and those spells are exponentially more worthwhile, even with the source cost)

but to your point, i understand that you want there to be options that aren't considered "optimal" in order to not make the game feel like a breeze. truth be told, that isn't really for the developers to decide. if i feel like a challenge, i'll run sub-optimal builds like hybrid characters with split stats, since that's much less effective than a pure mage or warrior or rogue, but can add fun flavour to the experience. if you want to play in a way that isn't the most strategically sound then that's on the individual player to decide. i don't think this really has anything to do with improving certain skills that aren't of any real use to players under normal circumstances, and i think improving those skills will only lead to more different and fun builds that can be run on tactician or honour mode

in short, if you want to intentionally make subpar decisions to make the game harder for yourself then that's fine, and doing so will always be possible regardless of where "balance" goes. however, i do think larian should continue to update this game and make more skills and options viable for players

edit: accidentally posted this halfway through, oops
11 263 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - General
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Great! I do have a Steam account so I'll start there. Thanks.
2 24 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin - Technical Issues
Yesterday at 10:38 PM

There should be a highlight box around the selected skill.
If you open the info pane, and then go through the skill categories and scroll through different skills, does that get the information to update properly? Did you try the left stick and Dpad to scroll through the skill lists?

If you are playing multiplayer (online or split screen), does the same thing happen in single player, or in a new game (if you pick presets that have multiple skills in the same category)? In a new game, don't move up the beach when testing, or an auto save may overwrite a save from your current playthrough.

Try clearing the PS4 cache: press and hold the PlayStation button on the controller, select 'Turn Off PS4', wait another 30 second after it finishes shutting down, and start it again.

If you start the game from a different PS4 account, if available, and start a new game, do you still have this problem? That would give a separate drive space for saves.
1 13 Read More
Yesterday at 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by _Vic_
Judging for the trailer, it is a sure Mature+17 or more

To that I'll add that BG gazetteer listed two major brothel and a exworker and drug dealers Guild. Between BG: DiA and he trailer, which is unlikely to be a obe off, I think we will at minimum have violence, mature theme, sexual content, possible drugs, ect..., plus possible Witcher style nudity.
14 177 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Latest News
Yesterday at 10:57 AM
Ahh yeah okay i understand- Maybe there will be a possibility. Maybe the creator have no problems? I would buy these DLC Classes laugh
21 8,839 Read More
Yesterday at 10:15 AM

It was stated in interviews after the game announcement that the combat system had already been determined.
148 5,340 Read More
Technical Problems
Yesterday at 08:00 AM

Thank you for the update; I'm glad you got it working (most likely it was the 4GB patch that helped).
7 88 Read More
18/10/19 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Try2Handing
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Yeah I mentioned it myself in one of my earlier posts in this thread. It's a true RPG in a sea of action/combat games pretending to be RPGs.

I've been playing this for a couple hours. I'm liking how hilarious it is. The amount of humor is almost stupid and it's pretty well done too. So far, anyway.

Man, the game is hilarious. Your character is absolutely insane.

Creative and savoir fair are not super-useful but they are very fun options in every dialogue. 'Everyone thinks you're fucking insane and you probably are' from what I know"
My character just convinced the lock of a container to open itself because I took that advice from my tie. Clever tie.
Then I reached a game over sitting in a very uncomfortable chair because of a heart attack.
Also, I am a master of "The expression" now.
I love the game so far.
36 605 Read More
18/10/19 10:57 AM
The fact that there isn't a way to expose Lucian and reform the Council of Seven has always annoyed me along with several other things the game's story lacks, but just think about it? This Would allow the obviously named custom characters to really have their own story to tell and it would also make the commander in Fallen Heroes a more significant individual who old and new fans can enjoy as an avatar because they would be the same person! A long shot indeed , but the untapped potential of basically turning the player into a 7th origin character is too vast to list right now. People would have a true reason to invest time with the world of Rivellon when they are truly a part of its history.

By far my worst attempt to get a point across if you ask me yet I still think many would love such an inclusion.
Please help improve this idea so we all can enjoy future adventures!
0 23 Read More
18/10/19 10:34 AM
Agreed though I shall still be determined to see my mission through!
2 322 Read More
17/10/19 09:57 PM

The cloak option would only work once, as I stated that it would be easily introducable, that skills do not cool down in this kind of "soft" out of combat mode.
Sure you could use potions, but if you keep using potions in every fight, it seems like quite a lot of effort, and I am sure there are already other potion exploits that don't really lead to the game being broken until you force it.
Originally Posted by LostSoul

If the game allows attack then hide (not at risk) then repeat you win every combat.
Gets boring.
Plus if you can leave then return to combat you can get infinite turns...
So can be hard to balance

Well neither of these are true. If you enter combat after sneaking you only get that one action and will be placed at the end of the turn. So every enemy gets their turn until you can use yours. They can move in too close, stun you, kd you etc. Alright, you could stay in sneaking until the end of the round, use your attack, sneak again, adding to the boni that you become basically unkillable. I can see that this would be an exploitable tactic together with glasscanon, making the balancing not so obvious anymore.
2 37 Read More
Troubleshooting
17/10/19 09:21 PM
I have had the Exact same problem --- BUT --- I fixed this issue today.

I did NOT follow the instructions for entering the base game data folder location but instead entered the data folder location for the DefEd version

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\Data\

And IT WORKED :)
16 8,575 Read More
Troubleshooting
17/10/19 08:17 PM
I have had the Exact same problem --- BUT --- I fixed this issue today.

I did NOT follow the instructions for entering the base game data folder location but instead entered the data folder location for the DefEd version

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\Data\

And IT WORKED :)
16 3,676 Read More
17/10/19 08:06 PM
There is no log on the event viewer, so i tried the fresh clean restart, same result.

So i had launch the game with a new admin acount by using the EoCapp exe and same thing.

In the end i send a zip by mail.
2 74 Read More
17/10/19 06:47 PM
How is the progress of the Linux/Vulkan version for Stadia going? Any updates on the possibility of releasing it for desktop Linux proper?
28 2,329 Read More
17/10/19 04:18 PM
Did you ever fix this me and my Wife are trying to play and are encountering the same problem we went back to Lady Vengeance and went through the transition again and it didn't help.
2 107 Read More
17/10/19 03:38 PM
Any time I try to edit Fane's skills the game totally freezes (sound still plays) and my PC hard locks. This happens if I try to access the skill screen, or if I try to slot a skill into the hotbar. This didn't used to be a problem, but now it's made the game unplayable. My PC has changed in no way, no new hardware has been added.

Alt+tab does nothing, I can't access Task Manager, the only solution is to hard reboot.

Has anyone run into this issue? Any idea how to fix it?
0 19 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Help/Tips/Tricks
17/10/19 02:21 PM
I may have accidentally sold the journal and killed the npc with it and now cannot progress the quest. I even modded a copy of the journal in when i opened the journal i still did not get a update on the trees name. anyone know a alternative method of getting the trees name?
0 26 Read More
17/10/19 10:29 AM
There are a lot of good turn based adaptations like ToEE and Pool of Radiance 2 : Ruins of myth drannor and a lot of good real time with pause adaptations like NWN1/2, BG1/2, etc. What i never saw is a "lets ignore the rules" adaptation who managed to be good.
373 8,552 Read More
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6