Larian Banner
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Bugs & Technical Problems
1 hour ago

I replied to your support email a while ago.
1 7 Read More
Divinity 2 - Ego Draconis
1 hour ago
Spoilers, Mr Legion!
4 27 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - General
3 hours ago
Oops!
18 138 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - General
4 hours ago
I found the three videos I present here to be interesting.

Scars & Stories [Planescape: Torment vs. Torment: Tides of Numenera]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_rHuBwaFdw

A Thorough Look at Neverwinter Nights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUHeWaDjuZ0

A Thorough Look at Baldur's Gate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjWWuUDtSaE
0 16 Read More
4 hours ago
1 42 Read More
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by GodXan
Hi,

I created an account just to pitch in!

Clearly Larian didn't think enough about this!

---Normally we try out a lot before we make a decision, but with real-time with pause and turn-based we didn't, we just said "Okay it's just gonna be turn-based."
---David Walgrave, executive producer on Baldur's Gate 3 at Larian Studios.

They basically did go turn based only because they were used to it on their previous games. read here: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-02-27-baldurs-gate-3-interview

And they will suffer from this decision.
Because I will surely not buy that game if it is only turn by turn and I know for a fact that I am not alone!
They simply are not true to the BG saga. Call it a DnD game if you want, but I know that this is a huge deal breaker for many of us fans, so just address the problem Larian...

The community is really divided by this question, ppl have a look or better, go answer that poll: https://strawpoll.com/s4561xkh

They should at least give and option to play the game both ways. I know it might imply complex modifications to what they have already made, but its still better than to have a failed game and a failed reputation afterwards.

Don't get me wrong here, I enjoyed playing Divinity, but I really enjoyed playing BG, and now this game is called BG3, so act accordingly Larian.

My point here is, address the situation or feel the consequence!

Okay, so let's just say for the sake of argument that one half wants RTwP and the other half wants TB. Currently, then, one half is happy, the other half isn't (though we know it isn't that cut and dry). If Larian goes about redesigning the game to make it RTwP, then one half would still be happy and the other half would still be unhappy. Should they spend all that time and money to end up right where they started? Of course not. Now, I know the response: do both. I believe that have recently said they will not (AMA chat?), but if they can and they deem it worth it, they will. The timers on skills are already present, so maybe it isn't so far fetched an idea. At the very least, I wouldn't expect it for release.
877 29,368 Read More
RPG Chat (English)
6 hours ago
Well, that's classic "this is why we can't have nice things": there are some people who have to be made to comply as they won't otherwise do so voluntarily. It's always a fine balance because excessive application of the rules infantilises a lot of people and generally pisses them off, and it pisses me off when I see someone pedantically going on about "but it's the rules, it's the ruuuuuules" as if that's all that matters. But sometimes they're important and have to be followed.

Personally I don't have a problem with seeing soldiers on the street and in some regards prefer them to the police as they're more independent-thinkers. They're still selected to a high standard and the "problem" ones weeded out during selection and basic-training. That's not to say you don't get the odd one but overall it's not as if they're just thugs. If anything, the UK is a bit of an oddity in the way it polices, a lot of countries have a similar arrangement to France where the everyday policing is done by the military police, the gendarmes being technically soldiers IIRC (and similarly armed) and the "civil police" being analogous to our CID.

Speed cameras I have a special hatred of because speeding is only a very small part of dangerous driving and often not even a factor, and IME the standard of driving has reduced significantly since most traffic policing is now automated: it makes it much less likely that people get pulled over for actually dangerous driving e.g. tailgating, failing to observe give-way signs etc, drunk driving and generally being arseholes. They had an experiment locally where they turned off the cameras for a short period of time and put patrol cars back on the streets; it made such a difference even just audibly in that the very obvious road-racing that's long been a problem stopped. But being idiots they went back to speed cameras and the problems returned.
18 87 Read More
Help/Tips/Tricks
6 hours ago
You can't, sadly. Some of them do (or did) play random notes when you interacted, IIRC, but in my last play-through I just remember the same thing you describe.
1 9 Read More
8 hours ago
About this, The current Forgotten Realms material is highly sanitized from the original Ed Greenwood`s vision https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Ed_Greenwood (One of the original creators of the FR setting). In FR as created by Ed:

Bi-sexuality is normal (and yes, this means the men as well as the women)
"Revels" (sex orgies) are normal
"Festhalls" (brothels) are in every small village and visiting them is normal way to spend evening.
Prostitution is the main industry of Forgotten Realms, "sex workers" are everywhere and there are about 100 different names for different kinds of prostitutes.
Incest is normal way for families to "indulge feelings of mutual affection"
Public city-wide orgies are the way to celebrate major holidays

All of this is confirmed by Ed Greenwood himself, from Ed's responses to fan queries on the Candlekeep forum. It's also all completely, 100% canon thanks to Ed's ludicrously favorable contract; other writers can try to dance around the creepy shit, but they can't outright contradict anything or else the whole setting falls into Ed's greasy, sticky hands.

Sc :Ed Greenwood AMA http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/sse/so_saith_ed.htm

In short, the Forgotten Realms are Ed Greenwood's magical realm cleaned up by TSR and later Hasbro for general consumption, and the Romantic Encounters mod for Baldur's Gate is probably canon.
An attempt to Retcon the massively corrupt and crime-ridden city of Waterdeep into "Seattle during Pride" was actually met with significant backlash.

Since WOTC is involved in the creative process of BG3, we will possibly see something in the Hasbro lines, with the usual content of a D&D adventure.
10 281 Read More
Yesterday at 08:06 PM
Hello,

Have ~30 hours in to the game and its starting to freeze for ~5-30 seconds every few seconds during battles. If I play through it and finish the battle it stops freezing and I can continue playing until the next battle when it starts freezing again. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I already turned all my settings to the lowest possible level.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019)
1.4 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8 GB 2133 MHz
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536 MB

macOS Catalina, Version 10.15.3

Thank you.
124 15,371 Read More
Yesterday at 06:42 PM
I have no problem with new projects, I deleted the install folder when re-installing. As well as verified integrity. I tried starting directly from the file location and as an adminstrator. I crash now only when loading my old project. New projects are fine even with loading up again.

The classic version wasn't crashing when I was crashing.

Thanks for the help, so far it works with new projects. I saw a post about changing the DPI settings or something like that through the properties menu within Windows. That seems to fixed crashing on launch. Not sure if its a temp fix though.
2 50 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Help/Tips/Tricks
Yesterday at 06:34 PM
Hi guys. I really got stuck when I got to the mainland from Fort Joy. I had been fine up to then but I just couldn't proceed in any direction or with any quest because there always seemed to be an impossible battle blocking me. In order to simply keep playing the game I was forced to switch to Explorer but now the game is boring because there's no challenge.

I don't want to criticise the game unduly but I could use some tips on how to make the game more of a challenge on Explorer. I've decided no resurrection scrolls and no runes. I would drop a party member but I love them all and want to do their quests.

Did anyone else have this problem? What did you do? Did you persevere with Classic or switch to Explorer? I'm sure some people just gave up.

Thanks everyone.
0 14 Read More
Yesterday at 05:39 PM
A mule/horse that carries some cargo is a decent solution.
91 827 Read More
Yesterday at 12:07 PM
I am most definitely the roleplaying type!
12 386 Read More
Yesterday at 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by korotama
I meant continuity with the games, not the books (which were nowhere near as successful as the games unless I'm mistaken). They hadn't expanded upon returning characters etc. until fairly recently which led to tons of speculation. Commenting the engine is largely pointless because you cannot verify how much of it has been rewritten. As for combat, there's a pinned thread for it so I'm not going to derail this one.

They never talked about the books in the interviews, they were talking about the games and WOTC.
They asked almost in every interview since last summer if they are going to take the story of the original BG games or if you can import the saved games and they always were very forthcoming about the fact. They usually deflect questions about combat mechanics and stuff but not about the story, the mindflayers, etc.

Abdel Adrian is the canon Baalspawn Hero of Baldurs gate that refused divinity and became duke of Baldur`s gate. That is the canon history of the baalspawn crisis as stated in WOTC`s D&D lore and Player modules in the Sword coast setting like Murder in baldur´s gate, Descent into avernus, etc.

PD: Sources, all of them interviews from august-september 2019. As you can see they never said that they were going to use the previous games as reference and they stated every time that they only use sources from the D&D lore of WoTC.

Mike and Swen strike back in a Podcast for Kotaku https://kotaku.com/the-ranger-class-is-getting-some-changes-in-d-d-and-ba-1835659585 when they asked them about what ending of BG2-TOB they will pick Swen said they "picked the canon WOTC ending of baalspawn crises " in 24.05 .(Sven or Mike Merle did not even remember the endings of the original games, only the canon ending that was stated for 10 years)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9VgaaNPVeo

Murder in Baldur’s Gate, a 5E D&D playtest module, is a launching point for Larian’s story, and in the events in that adventure result in Bhaal, the God of Murder, returning.
Jon Irenicus, the villain in Baldur’s Gate II, isn’t coming back in the new game. Vincke confirms this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxwCz51nVhA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju12JNh8gJs

Baldur’s Gate III takes place a century after the events of Shadows of Amn. It’s after The Sundering, another event in Faerun that involved the gods, their followers, and the ushering in of a new D&D edition (as the Time of Troubles did in 2E, setting up part of Baldur’s Gate story in the first place, and 4E’s Spellplague).

“It’s about 100 years after the game. We try to avoid giving specific years, because we have some amount of flexibility in our tabletop campaigns,” Mearls said. “Unless the precise year is really important, we don’t usually refer to it.”

It starts outside the city of Baldur’s Gate, Vincke said, and the city does feature in it. Vincke said Larian’s team used Murder in Baldur’s Gate as a launching point. “And then we worked closely with Adam Lee, who’s working on Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus,” he said. “The original reference we used when we were looking at the city was Murder in Baldur’s Gate.”

He terms Descent into Avernus as a prequel “in a certain way. It’s complementary to the story of Baldur’s Gate III, but Baldur’s Gate III is very much its own story, the next chapter of what happens to the city.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju12JNh8gJs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxwCz51nVhA

"Vincke said Larian’s team used Murder in Baldur’s Gate as a launching point. “And then we worked closely with Adam Lee, who’s working on Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus,” he said. “The original reference we used when we were looking at the city was Murder in Baldur’s Gate.”

“And then we worked closely with Adam Lee, who’s working on Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus,” he said. “The original reference we used when we were looking at the city was Murder in Baldur’s Gate.”He terms Descent into Avernus as a prequel “in a certain way. It’s complementary to the story of Baldur’s Gate III, but Baldur’s Gate III is very much its own story, the next chapter of what happens to the city.”

Baldur’s Gate III takes place a century after the events of Shadows of Amn. It’s after The Sundering, another event in Faerun that involved the gods, their followers, and the ushering in of a new D&D edition

56 841 Read More
Divinity Original Sin - Mods
Yesterday at 09:39 AM
Thanks for the feedback. smile
6 105 Read More
Yesterday at 09:10 AM

That looks about right, actually. Did you change the game resolution or aspect ratio? Or were you playing in the controller UI before?

If you create a new profile and start a new game, is there any difference with the UI?
1 20 Read More
Troubleshooting
Yesterday at 09:07 AM
Every time I try to create a prefab on newest version of Divinity Engine 2 3.6.51.9303, nothing happens
The CreateObjectWizard does not load on the screen, like on the Root Template panel.

Gif showing the attempt of creating a prefab

Are there any updated guide ? All guides I found shows a pretty old version of the editor
0 13 Read More
Troubleshooting
27/03/20 11:58 PM
Hey, so I am just starting out learning how to mod, and have encountered a lot of errors following a tutorial in class creation I found on steam.

The error codes I get upon loading are these:

Code: File 'C:/Users/Kako/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/PlayerProfiles/Tamashi/InventorySettings.lsb' has version 3.6.7.0, which is too new for serializer with version 3.6.6.0!
Timestamp: 27-03-2020 23:43:11:466
Editor: Switching level to FinalBossKako_Voidborn_TestLvL ...

Code: Failed to initialize CUDA cloth.
Timestamp: 27-03-2020 23:43:33:263
Design: Trying to apply a companion preset to a character which is not a player yet. Use CharacterMakePlayer() first!
Timestamp: 27-03-2020 23:43:34:780
Code: Syncing tags of character, but didn't find character
Timestamp: 27-03-2020 23:43:35:187
Design: Empty visual resource id found on item 'S_RC_DW_BridgeHelper_WalkOn'!
Timestamp: 27-03-2020 23:43:39:438

I have absolutely no clue what these mean, and would love some advice.help.

Additionally, the tutorial I am following in creating a class is this guide created by Halaene on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1440405126

Following these step, I eventually get to creating a script for the debug object. This is the script that I am using from their guide:

//REGION DEBUG_ROGUE_SKILLS

IF
CharacterUsedItem(_Char, 927f1c73-5af2-490c-8170-ea6570b47b23)
AND
IsGameLevel("FinalBossKako_Voidborn_TestLvL", 1)
THEN
CharacterApplyPreset(_Char, "ROGUE");

//END_REGION

This is located on the KB section, and once I generate def, build, and reload then reload the test level. Then interact with the object glass crashes. No clue why, and hope someone could guide me through fixing that.

Thank you for your time!
0 17 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin - Enhanced Edition
27/03/20 11:38 PM
Error : Staff Kit Part II: Carving

You state Luculla Forest and its map, but that quest and area you describe is the Dark Forest of Phantom Forest. Closing the rift and the said temple is not in Luculla Forest.

The second part of your description says "you can find the temple in the northern-most part of the map in Luculla. You have to pass through the desert to get to it. (...)". As your main points are for the Phantom Forest, I am pretty sure your memory crossed areas in your mind. The screenshot is completely off as mentioned in the other post.
5 238,345 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Help/Tips/Tricks
27/03/20 11:03 PM
In general, fire and water magic schools don't mix very well. Fire is meant to burn things and water is meant to freeze them. Water combos well with air. Also, I would recommend focusing just two schools instead of three. The extra points from the third into the two should add some damage to them. Just a thought.
3 139 Read More
27/03/20 10:56 PM
Personally, I keep Restoration scrolls on all party members. This way anyone can do an emergency heal. Spreading some Fortification and Magic Shell scrolls around doesn't hurt either.

That being said, I 100% agree with Stabbey, that you should spread healing and armor buffing across the party.
2 61 Read More
27/03/20 10:17 PM
The one from the turtles (Turtle Claw - Poison) is a solid. Radeka's Thorn (Hydro) is good, but late act 1. Needle's wand is good if you kill Griff and kitchen crew early on. The drain purging wands are OK if you need some fire damage.

Also, tip for you. Use a poison wand in your main hand and a fire wand in your off hand. Often, the main hand will fire first and then the off hand. If this happens and the target has no magical armor, you will poison them and set them on fire in a single attack. This adds 2 DOTs instead of just one.
1 39 Read More
27/03/20 10:02 PM
Well, I'm going to call it quits for now. We can speculate, enthuse, and complain only so much before it becomes it becomes the epitome of tedium. I have enjoyed my time on this forum, but after being here for....1 month ish I think. I believe I have nothing more to say and there is nothing more of interest to read. I shall return if there is drop of new information or when the early access is released! I encourage others to do the same, as the saying goes a watched kettle never boils. For those of you staying try to be kind to each other. Ciao!
0 121 Read More
27/03/20 09:58 PM
Yes, seeing the failed perception checks felt wrong somehow.
The point of a failed check is that you do NOT see something.

If there is a search mode, it will be always on, unless it has downsides.
Maybe you walk slower when you search, but many players will get angry that they walk so slow all the time.

So maybe you search all the time, like a new check every 6 seconds.
You would find everything when standing around forever, but you do not know where you have to stand forever.
So it would still be good to have high perception so you find everything by walking around without having to wait.
8 104 Read More
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14