Divinity Banner
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Baldur's Gate III - General
1 hour ago
Which game does Larian want to sell like?

[Linked Image]
66 1,494 Read More
4 hours ago
Can you please take the RTwP vs Turn Base debate to the thread it belongs in and not hi-jack my thread about New Interviews.

http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=653989&page=1
101 2,972 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Bugs & Technical Problems
6 hours ago

I confirmed this (with a 3 turn chilled status, as well) and created a bug report.
1 18 Read More
7 hours ago
We need information about BG3 And Divinity Fallen Feroes. LARIAN PLEASE
24 699 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - General
8 hours ago
Originally Posted by vometia
At present the main thing I'm uncertain about is the exact placement of Arx. I'm still inclined to try to move it all around a bit so it is more south of Aleroth, but in order to create a convincing bay/whatever-it-is-that-Arx-is-in as well as having room to continue the Dark Forest southwards (albeit with a western detour) I may need to make the map even taller, which I'm not 100% certain about.

Another quick and no less dirty attempt to see how it would look. Actually I think I prefer it.

[Linked Image]
73 27,837 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin - Technical Issues
9 hours ago
Thanks for the responses. I've raised the issue with Sony and also tweeted this out to Larian. However i've noticed many have done the same and it has fallen on deaf ears. Why this would be allowed I am unsure - it ruins immersion I must say and its a real shame. Might just go back to Pillars.
3 17 Read More
General
11 hours ago
Double Click on Avira Icon in the Taskbar ---> Click "Open" for System Speedup ---> Click on the wheel at the top right --->
go to Performance Optimizer ---> uncheck "Activate Performance Optimizer" ---> Wait 10secs and it's done =)

*You can also go to Accelerated Proccessus instead of Exceptions ( large box on the right ) ---> And put Divinity Engine 2 and EoCApp
(from DefEd or Classic as you wich).

=)
7 77 Read More
General
15 hours ago

Yes; right click on the map, select Change Map Image, click the Browse button, select an image (at least jpg and png formats are supported) and add it, then select the image and Apply.
1 21 Read More
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Inventories generally are boring.

Best is something like oldschool FPSes (Half Life 2, Serious Sam...): you have what you have and have a key-binding to pull it out when you want. TF2 has had the most impactful itemsets of any game I have played. Some items completely change how a character plays (like Charge'n Targe making a defensive, lane-closing Demoman into an offensive, charging frontliner).

In terms of RPGs, some good elements from games included
1. 2 Weapon loadouts to switch between. Diablo, The Sith Lords, etc. have this. Removes some of the tedium of swapping loadouts. Would be better if you could save multiple loadouts as templates, see them with their name on top in the character-viewer as a tab, and switch between them as desired. Like TF2's ABCD preloads.
2. Filters and columns. Morrowind's grid with keywords you could select and auto-organize options was much, much better than Skyrim's graphic's art's major object art gallery. It's more important to convey information than to showoff the model of an art asset.
3. Mod focus. Spiders series of games tend to have fewer main item pieces but more modular sub-parts per item which you as the player can customize. I like this approach as it emphasizes the player as a co-author in the functionality of an item. Want a certain build? You can probably make it. It's lame in games where you have these fixed, pre-assigned designs which may not combine the tradeoffs you want to optimize.
4. Mod impact. Mass Effect did well with letting the player reduce cooldown, add poison affects, stabilize, etc. weapons so you could make them perform how you wanted. ME did poorly by not stacking identical items in the original game, making trading agony.
5. Auto-equip patterns. Dragon Quest and other jrpgs let you set, "offense, defense, mp" and other specialties so when you get a new, better item the character immediately equips it according to their stat-schema. This eliminates the tedium of having to manually open the equipment menu every time you get something, equip it, and leave. It helps with gameflow.

Way too many rpgs have this grind-tastic focus on randomly-generated, marginally-different weapons. It turns the whole game into a Skinner Box. Many of the entries in the hack'n slash genre, mmos, borderlands, fallout 4, etc. have adopted this approach where you don't engage in combat as a fun end-unto-itself but as a means to roll the slot-machine of a loot drop and see your stat numbers go up...even though you don't need higher stats to win combat so they are meaningless. Inevitably your inventory maxes out and the gameplay becomes a cyclical chore of re-organizing your inventory, selling off items, breaking them down to components, crafting, trying to max-out every stat, etc. You spend more time faffing about with items than you do fighting or talking. Inventory/item management de facto becomes the main gameplay loop.

So please no weight limit or grid space limit.
8 257 Read More
Yesterday at 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
Originally Posted by Korastemor
Please just keep it the way the predecessors were meant to be, artistic hand-drawed portrait and customizable 3D character model and colors.

There's proof that it will work, just look at either Tides of Numenera, Pathfinder Kingmaker or the two Pillars of Eternity. Art is something that should be preserved in this type of RPGs, since they're more than just line of codes, they're stories and books in which we're able to interact and to choose the course of action according to whichever moral we decide to adopt.

Although, by deciding to keep the portraits, you'll open the market to future DLCs where you'll be able to sell just additional artwork and not just big expansions.

Whatever they decided on will not be changed by this point. The trailer btw is from the actual game, so don't expect this to look like BG 1 & 2, Pillars of Eternity, Kingmaker, act...

It's time to stop comparing it to past games, it's going to be something wholly new. Maybe better.

Completely and utterly wrong the trailer was made by a different company and isn't even rendered in the Divinity Engine thus does not represent the final game at all.
Source https://www.unit-image.fr/film/baldurs-gate-3/
11 389 Read More
Yesterday at 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Sordak
Because eberron is strictly a better setting than forgotten realms.
or dark sun, or nentir vale, or planescape, or spelljammer, or greyhawk.... yeah ok im going off on a tangent here.

Anyway, i dont expect eberron stuff in BG3, i expect everything from the Players Manual and mabye some choice other things, Eberron stuff does exist in FR, for the most part, mostly due to 5E pushing FR even more into kitchen sink territory than it already was, but usually nowhere near the swordcoast and not very prominently

FR is the greatest D&D setting. And sticking stuff from other setting into FR started long before 5e. 3e adding Tieflings, Aasimar, Goliath, Raptorans, and Genasi from Planescape, 4e added Dragonborn, Infernal Style Tieflings, Dave's, 4e style Shadar Kai.

And hate the term kitchen sink setting, I prefer Immigration Evovling Setting. There are really good reasons why the Forgotten Realms are the most popular beloved and successful setting in D&D.
4 80 Read More
23/08/19 05:34 PM
Hello, fellow BG fan! You make a few good points but I am definitely not on board with time limits on quests. Sure, Baldur's Gate is no stranger to such restrictions but they are very few and far between. Having the game set the pace for you would severely restrict the player's freedom and make playthroughs much more linear and uniform, which doesn't bear well on replay value as far as I can tell. I don't play games for realism, you know. I play them so I can unplug from work and mundane real life activities. I hope there will be no hunger or thirst bar in the game.
3 97 Read More
23/08/19 09:01 AM
Imo this mechanic doesnt fit into a video game.
the problem in DnD video games is usually not that the game is too loose, too sandbox or not focused enaugh, usually the problem with video game adaptations is that the story is too narrow and doent allow for enaugh deviation
8 187 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Help/Tips/Tricks
23/08/19 03:56 AM

Yes, turning the PS4 off nightly should clear the cache.
3 38 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Projects In Progress
22/08/19 08:55 PM
Sorry for delay, but in about 8 more days I can finally resume work on this.
24 5,998 Read More
22/08/19 10:13 AM
I also hate the random stuff.
My theory was, that Divine Divinity was based on Diablo (combat and item wise) and they just kept the system.
Do you have a source where Swen said he likes randomness?

Regarding items, I think BG1 was the best game.
Finding your first weapon+1 felt more importent then any item in a Larian game.
A weapon+2 with additional elemental damage was a rare artifact and you started feeling like becomming a god.

In DOS2, even if you find an epic item with exactly the stats you need, you just say:
"Ok, its not bad. At least for the next hour or so, probably even less."

Yes, your idea is great.
The next divinity game will be:
DIVINITY: THE DUNGEON JANITOR GUILD GAME
You are the boss of the guild and you job is to maximize profit by sending random chars to random dungeons in order to find random items.
5 946 Read More
21/08/19 09:55 AM
More discussion on how badly I messed up and stuff here, where it belongs.
102 31,543 Read More
21/08/19 07:42 AM
Tyrs Paladium

Guild Leader: Commodore
Guild Contact: Commodore
Guild Website: http://tyrspaladium.shivtr.com/
Year Guild Founded: 2008 -- (11+ Years Strong!)
Guild Motto: "Play Hard, Laugh Hard, and Win, Together!"
Guild Currently Recruiting: Yes.
Active Guild Size Goal: 90-100 within the First year.
Guild Type: Casual, Adult
Guild Peak Time Zones: 5pm-2am Eastern. We have a world wide presence however, so guildies on 24/7.
Item Loot System: If you get it, its yours to do as you wish. We are a generous bunch.

Description: We are a 30+ years of age and older (25 to 65 yrs is our current age range), no drama, no zerg guild, where everybody knows everyone.. We are all about the camaraderie. We play to have fun, and lots of it. We allow you to play all your characters as YOU create them. Many in our guild have a PnP background.

We are a patriotic guild that have been and is still home to many fine veterans who have served their country proud. If you exemplify a no drama, no zerg protocol, you'll make many friends in Tyrs over the YEARS. Guild drama rules strictly enforced.

1 74 Read More
21/08/19 03:11 AM
Yeah, Pact of the Chain Warlocks get cool familiars, but Wizard familiars are fairly mundane. There is a 6th level Wizard spell to create a homunculus, but they're rather fragile.
2 115 Read More
21/08/19 02:12 AM
I doubt it I don't see them giving us more details until Balur's Gate: Descent into Avernus is released in September at least.
14 530 Read More
21/08/19 02:02 AM
I think a renown system is more likely then a BG1 style reputation system, all the characters will likely remember your actions. Alignment us less important in 5e mostly fluff outside a few spells.
9 257 Read More
20/08/19 11:15 PM

Weird Stronghold Raids

There could be weird Strongholds never seen before like the ones of (demi)liches, vampire lords,...
Party could go to raid the Stronghold with interesting fights.
Some Strongholds could be located in unworldly planes.

Trap books and trinkets

Given the book as gift, once opened, you're trapped in a plane. The book was meant to eliminate you by trapping in a maze. You have to find exit portal to a plane and find out who wants to eliminate you and why.

74 2,700 Read More
Troubleshooting
20/08/19 06:42 PM
Hey, it's myself ! I found the solution !
If someone has the same problem as me, some Blank/White icons for Weapons, Armors and some potions,
Go to:
(If you using DefEd)
Divinity Original Sin 2/DefEd/Date/Public/"name of your project"/Content

One of your file in the Content is responsible for the problem. You have to find wich one by Moving each one one by one out of the Content and launch the Editor.
For it was one of the "Generated_" File.

I hope this gonna help ! =)
1 39 Read More
20/08/19 07:40 AM
ok. thx Raze!
I play on the PC, steam version.
maybe I will shoot a video if it happens again
4 121 Read More
19/08/19 11:43 PM
The thing about reactions is that, unlike contingencies and such, you can decide if you use it or not. And how you use it.
There are plenty of prepared actions used in RPGs like POE, NWN, DAI, Tyranny, etc: Ripostes, counterspells, contingencies, etc, but all of them you prepare before but when you do, It happens, you do not get to decide if it happens or not, it's automatic. You also cannot decide against what enemy do you react, for example. Maybe you prefer to avoid the savage slash from the ogre, not the one from the goblin.

We know reactions are extensively used in tabletop, but mechanics like that are also used with success in some games. Sadly mostly are TB ones, from the Last remnant to Forged of blood to Fire Emblem to Armello. Basically, it allows you to act in the enemy┬┤s turn in various ways.

I am not sure how you can fully implement reactions in RT, it would be more complicated than inspiration and advantage/disadvantage, indeed.
Larian is widely known to innovate and implement new mechanics in their games. Sometimes they hit, sometimes they critically miss, but let us see what they do (or if they even wanted to do that, because they still have their "closed doors" policy against giving details about actual mechanics).
7 119 Read More
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5