Divinity Banner
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Divinity Original Sin - Mods
Yesterday at 07:06 PM
Greetings!

After my Samaritan mod got an overhaul 2018/19 - bringing it to Version 2.0 -, I've now completely reworked another old work of mine (still to this day the most popular and salutary one) - QuietDayOnTheMarket (for the announcement of V. 1.0 s. Mod-Project: QuietDayOnTheMarket) - and just released the new version on Nexus mods:

https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/74

My goal was to write a cleaner (the old version wasted a lot of local variables, for example, due to a lack of knowledge, it was my first modding and scripting experience after all), stable (in terms of working NPC routines) and also function-wise way more advanced mod than I was able to in 2016. The lack of customization options for the mod, so players can find the settings that appeal the most to themselves, was the main motivation for me to go through all those character scripts (in the end more than 140) again.

So Version 2.0 implements a customizable chatter system which comes with about 20 modifiers, influencing the frequency of NPC chatter and the duration and frequency of newly implemented NPC idles of different type (basic idles, angry, sad, greeting, wandering, sitting down etc.). Furthermore, it modifies Player comments and Zombie Nick's comments (both adjustable as well).

Besides the idles, also some new actions have been added to some NPCs, so despite of being more silent (depending on the settings) NPCs are not supposed to become lifeless mutes.

I hope it's a notable progress towards the previous version and am curious about what you think!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the following, the full information from the Nexus page:

Content

More than 130 NPCs of the game are modified and participate in the chatter system, giving you control over the ambience noise in all main locations (Cyseal, Luculla and Phantom Forest) and beyond. Some yet overlooked NPCs will follow in a future update.

The chatter system offers the following modifiers for chatter and idle behaviour:

Chatter behaviour:

~ MasterChance: defines the maximum chance to trigger the chatter behaviour when its due

~ ChatChanceMin: defines the minimum chance for a chat

~ MasterTimer: defines the duration of a chatter timeout after a chat

~ MasterTimeoutChance: defines the chance for a timeout after a chat

~ MasterReduction: defines the amount by which the chatter chance is reduced after a chat

~ MasterReductionChance: defines the chance that the chatter chance is reduced after a chat

~ MasterChanceIncrease: defines the amount by which the chatter chance is raised on char activation (= in certain player range)

~ MasterChanceIncreaseChance: defines the chance that the chatter chance is raised when the character becomes active

~ MasterChatIncreaseTimer: defines the amount of time that a character must be active until the chatter chance increases

~ MasterTimedChatIncrease: defines the amount by which the chatter chance is raised over time

~ MasterTimedChatIncreaseChance: defines the chance that the chatter chance is raised on time

~ IncreaseOnTimeout: defines if the chatter chance can be raised during a timeout (not affecting the timeout itself)

~ TimeoutEndOnInactive: defines if the timeout ends when the character becomes inactive; otherwise it continues after becoming
active again

Idle behaviour:

~ MasterIdleStrength: defines how the idle behaviour is weighted against the default/chatter behaviours

~ MasterIdleRepeatChance: defines the chance that the idle behaviour continues after an idle

~ MasterIdleTime: defines the duration of an idle intervall; a new intervall may be started (depending on MasterIdleRepeatChance)

~ NoIdleAfterIdle: defines if no further idling behaviour can be started until the character had a chat

~ IdleEndOnTimeoutEnd: defines if the current idling behaviour shall stop when the chatter timeout ends (a new idling behaviour may be started)

Other:

~ ResetChatChance: defines if after a settings update the current chatter timeout as well as the current idle or no-idle-after-idle pause is stopped and if the current chatter chance is (re)set to the defined maximum; this allows experimenting with different settings, since there's never a time delay between the settings update and their effects in game (e. g. because of an already lowered chatter chance); certain clean-ups are done by the script without this setting enabled, so new settings should always behave correctly within their boundaries

The mod uses the following default settings:

MasterChance: 50%
ChatChanceMin: 10%
MasterReduction: 20%
MasterReductionChance: 100%
MasterChanceIncrease: 10%
MasterChanceIncreaseChance: 100%

MasterIdleStrength: 6 (other NPC actions usually range between weight 1 and 3)
MasterIdleRepeatChance: 70%

The idea of these settings is to have a quite high chance of voiced text (50%) at the beginning, and letting it drop after each chat by 20% points up to a minimum of 10% chatter chance which is one fifth of the starting value of 50%. This way NPC chatter can be experienced the first time and will then quickly slow down. With the chance reduction NPCs that are more likely to start a chatter action (due to their actions as Larian defined them) and NPCs that are less likely to do so will tendencially even out, since frequent chatters decrease in chatter chance more quickly than others.

When the player returns to a location, the chance will increase by moderate 10% points.
A relatively high Idle priority and Idle repeat chance will grant longer times of silence without making NPCs too lifeless or redundant in their standard actions.

Player comments:

In Addition, generic player comments (on statuses like wet, warm etc., on critical hits, skill usage ...) are modified as well (s. Readme for instructions):

Most comment chances are reduced to 10% by default, so constantly 'heating up' and being a 'hot cake' isn't to be expected any more.

Zombie Nick:

Also Zombie Nick's comment frequency is modified, reduced to 30% comment chance on summon and turn by default (s. Readme for instructions).

Additional notes:

´╗┐As Samaritan 2.0, the mod tries to be as modding-friendly as possible within the limitations of the engine, so it:

- can be installed and removed without having to start a new game or breaking a save game,
- can be installed along with other mods that don't use the same scripts,
- offers a compatibility patch for my Samaritan mod,
- contains an extensive installation guide with notes on mod compatibility,
- provides a guide for changing the default mod settings (s. Readme).

Since this mod can't make use of 'story scripts' (using the Osiris scripting system of Divinity Engine) - this would require a new game start, reduce mod compatibility etc. -, it's not possible to change the mod's settings within the game (via dialog, for example). Changes to settings can be made by simply editing two text files (one for NPCs, one for items). Instructions are included in the Readme and in the Settings files themselves.

Compatibility:

Version Compatibility:
This mod is made for D:OS 1 Enhanced Edition.

Save and game compatibility:
Compatible with save games, so a new game start is not required. It should be possible to add and remove the scripts at any time, though there's no 100% guarantee that some NPC routines may show unintended behaviour.

Mod Compatibility:
Compatible with all mods that don't make changes on character scripts used in my mod (so: compatible with Baardvark's Mod Scales, Frau Blake's XC_Bags, Ameranth's Epic Encounters and most other mods). For my Samaritan mod see the patch under Miscellaneous files.
For the mod XC_Encounters there's no full compatibility (s. the Readme for more details).

Not compatible with all mods that make changes on character scripts used in my mod.
0 2 Read More
General
Yesterday at 10:44 AM
So I've been playing Divinity Original Sin 2 co-op with my brother, and been loving it. We each control our created character and then ones we recruited. We are both Dex/Int builds, and our recruits are Tanks. At the end of Act III when you try to convince your two added party members to stay, we both failed because of course, both of our added party members were the ones who had persuasion in their builds.

We go into the divinity fight against our former party members and barely get out, just the two of us. We land on Arx with half a party and get steamrolled at every encounter. Tried the kraken and the vampire voidwoken, and just get our shit rocked.
0 10 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin - General
Yesterday at 10:23 AM
It turns out, if you have an empty cup, you can combine it with a water or oil source. Then if you want to make something like an oil flask or water arrow, you can use the cup. Using a cup of liquid in crafting saves the cup too, so you'll have an empty cup in addition to whatever you make. Furthermore, you can combine an empty cup with another container that is full of something to empty that container into the cup which then lets you use the old container on something else. For example bottle of wine + empty cup = cup of wine & empty bottle, then empty bottle + cup of oil = bottle of oil & empty cup, then finally bottle of oil + fuse = firestorm grenade.

I know people are probably going to be like: "that's stupid, just buy the grenade, peasant lol," but still, I thought this was neat and wanted to share, especially if anyone wanted to try a grenadier build or something. Personally, I enjoy crafting, something about killing people with stuff you made from actual garbage is just feels like a fun way to flex. Likehttps://discord.software/ https://fetlife.vip/ https://vshare.onl/
0 11 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Suggestions and Feedback
Yesterday at 02:02 AM
Since these games often have an extremely difficult final battle (like, this one and the Dragon Knight saga smile ), it would be a good idea to include an option to view end scenes in future games without having to complete the battle to ease player frustrations. I think it would be appreciated - Youtube is often a ton of effort to get to that end.
0 9 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Help/Tips/Tricks
23/02/20 09:19 AM
She's sworn so I both assumed and read that, while it really makes no difference, there is a way to give it to her. I sent the Prince in to the oasis with both swornbreakers in his inventory but, she never asked for it. Is there a trick to giving it to her? Did not having them all there make a difference?

On a more humorous note, two games ago, I decided not to kill Alexander. Game 1, I killed the mother tree with death fog but, instead of being sealed underground, it killed all above including Alexander. Strike one. In game 2, Ifan insisted on attacking him; Alexander dies. Strike 2. I guess I have to try the next time without Ifan in tow.

EDIT: I experimented a bit with saves. Apparently, the main character has to be the one leading the conversation. I did divide the swornbreakers between the two of them so it may also be needed to be in the possession of the main character.
0 18 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Bugs & Technical Problems
22/02/20 10:48 AM
Hello everyone,

my friend and I played through original sin 1 on steam without issues. We bought original sin 2 on steam and plaed for about 40 hours without issies. Recently we've been running into issues though.

Sometimes, my friend's actions take over 5 seconds until they are performed. It looks like the game is desynced between the two of us. It seems to occur whenever there is something intensive going on, such as battles. If we just wolk around in the world, the game is pretty much synced.

We tried different things:

- Enable fake fullscreen
- deleting level cache
- disabling firewall and anti virus
- portforwarding
- We both can join other random people online and there seems to be no lag.
- When my friend is the host and I try to join him, my game gets stuck at the loading screen.

The only solution we found is to use hamachi. With hamachi the lag is gone.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?
0 27 Read More
21/02/20 08:56 PM
I'm new to this forum, and I'm sure this has been covered.

I'm a big fan of DOS 2, and DOS 1. In fact I typically beat one, then immediately play the other.

That being said, one of the biggest (if not the only real) thing lacking from the 2nd DOS (compared to the 1st) is that you can NOT go back to previous areas and explore. Once you leave Fort Joy you are done.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE the gift bags, but I'd also love to have the ability to fast travel to previous explored areas. Regardless of load time.

I'm sure this is just completely out of the question at this point. I know nothing about what it would take to do this, but I'd imagine it would basically be like remaking the levels.

Regardless I just wanted to throw it out there, because it really is the one thing about DOS 2 I find lacking.
0 43 Read More
Divinity Original Sin - Help/Tips/Tricks
21/02/20 02:54 PM
Hi guys,

I've had Divinity for some 4 years now, bought on a sale and had simply forgotten about it until I played POE1 and POE2 recently.

Now I try to play games that are not CRPGs but can't. I simply miss the complexity and massive number of possibilites.

So I'll be starting Divinity soon on the PS4, and would like to ask the veterans for Rogue builds, since is my favorite class in RPGs, both tabletop and PC. I specially enjoy playing assassins, or assassin types if the game doesn't have the actual class. By that I mean minmax glass canon builds focusing on killing enemies in one blow and getting into stealth to do the same with the next enemy.

I LOVE minmax and creating the most broken OP character possible, so please, go wild and don't mind about balanced builds or builds that focus on dialog or non combat options. I'll most likely be putting it to use on the highest difficulty anyway, like I did in POE.

Thanks in advance!
0 35 Read More
21/02/20 10:12 AM
Hello,

i am using mod for playing with more then 4 characters. For playing i am using xbox one controller and sometimes steam controller. I would like to switch to 5th and high character for changing skills, inventory etc. How can i change keys settings on my controller, please? It would be easy, if You make using controller at a same time or just make possible key change on controller.

Thank You very much for Your help and have a nice day
0 32 Read More
General
21/02/20 02:15 AM
How can I change the lizard's skins to not have the awkward dark scales, or for the scales to be colorable? I'm playing with a couple mods that give me better color range, but the dark scales really mess up my characters. Ideally, I want one of my characters to be a soft pink lizard, but the dark areas clash really badly with the otherwise awesome color.
0 39 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - General
19/02/20 08:10 PM
Hey all, I am new here ( First post ) I did a search and did not see anything in regards to this so I am asking here. Is there any way we could get a toolset included with BG3, an example would be like the Aura toolset from NWN. I know you still have tons of work to do ( I'm jealous actually it looks like its tons of fun at your office, you hiring? ) Thanks for all the hard work!
0 94 Read More
18/02/20 11:58 AM
Hi

I've recently picked the game back up for the fist time since update 1.0.6 on the switch and have noticed some of the geometry no longer fades away so that you can see your character. It appears as though some foliage still disappears but buildings and walls etc remain making it difficult to navigate some times. I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere recently so just wanted to check if it was a known fault and if anyone else was experiencing the same.
0 41 Read More
General
15/02/20 12:17 AM
I am having trouble with successfully implementing my quest rewards. I have tried to make an adventure from scratch just to learn the basics of it and am not planning on publishing it. I can't seem to get the quest rewards to be given to the player character. I have the table set in the journal editor and I have

DB_QuestDef_QuestReward("MainQuest","EndQuest","QuestUpdate_MainQuest_EndQuest");

in the INIT section and I took the format from the journal entries of the Larian script. I have tried setting different flags via dialog and the story editor. I've only been doing this for a couple of months and am still pretty novice. Does anyone have any help they could offer?
0 69 Read More
RPG Chat(English)
13/02/20 08:09 PM
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2755596

They have conformed that Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will have TB mode.
0 79 Read More
Scripting
12/02/20 06:54 PM
Hello all! I just started creating mods for Divinity, and I want to finish my first one, but I am having a bit of trouble.

I made a script within the script editor (not the story editor) and attached it to the creature I wanted (In this case a bear) so that it would play an animation and disappear after talking to it. I got all of that working. Now I want it to do "CharacterAddSkill" and give the player a skill, but I can't find out how to target the player within the script. I found something about a global "%TargetPlayer", but I tried that and It didn't work. Is there anything I am missing within this?
0 37 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - General
12/02/20 10:03 AM
Is anyone playing this using GeForce NOW? According to their site, it's supported.

What has your experience been?

Are all of your save games still local when using a service like that?

How about mods? I guess I don't know exactly what's offloaded to the cloud servers when using these cloud gaming services and what's local.

I was looking into this because I have an issue where when playing a hosted co-op game I get an occasional 1-2 second pause/stutter. When it happens it locks my whole computer up and then when it unfreezes the voice software we're using tries to catch everything up. So incoming voice is sped up really fast and whatever I was saying is also sped up for everyone else until it evens out again. It's pretty annoying. The processor on the computer I'm using isn't within the recommended DOS2 spec (an overclocked g3258 at 4.1 gHz) so I suspect that's the problem... but this is the only game I'm playing that I have an issue with... and I'd prefer not to upgrade this computer to avoid what is only a minor annoyance right now.

That said, a service like GeForce NOW might be solution.
0 69 Read More
12/02/20 09:47 AM
Hi!

Having successfully finished playing a classic GM campaign I had created, we wanted to continue the story with a 'sequel' in Definitive Edition. However, the GM mode in Definitive Edition appears to have the same game-breaking bug it experienced a while ago (and was fixed, apparently).

When an NPC is placed on the map and has one or more of its skills and spells deleted, this NPC will RESET all of its skills and spells to default when the map is loaded next time. This makes creating NPCs with a custom set of skills and spells an impossibility and, in a large campaign, a complete nightmare to manage (and remember). I would consider this game-breaking as I have little incentive to build a campaign in this state.

This bug is present and 100% reproducible with or without running any mods in Definitive Edition.

Thanks for your time!
0 66 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - General
07/02/20 02:35 AM
Am I safe to assume that if you don't have an active swornbreaker when you first go to the lizard dreamland that she will be forever sworn? (I noticed something missing in the garden when I returned).
0 59 Read More
04/02/20 10:59 AM
Haymaker is the talent that disables crits but prevents attacks from missing.

Haymaker STILL ALLOWS backstabbing for regular weapon attacks and the damage is calculated properly.
However, when backstabbing with a weapon skills, such as "Sawtooth Knife or rupture tendons," the "Backstab Critical" message appears but the damage increase fails to apply.

Example: as a dagger wielder with haymaker, regular weapon attacks will backstab (the Backstab notification appears) and the damage done will reflect crit damage properly
Example: as a dagger wielder with Haymaker, weapon skills (flurry, Sawtooth knife, rupture tendons, battle stomp, etc.) will backstab (the backstab notification appears) but the damage done DOES NOT reflect crit damage, but default tooltip damage. This means the game tells you you're backstabbing, but damage is not being increased at all.

Please fix ASAP, developers!! Haymaker is an amazing talent that makes assassins simply top-tier alongside archers and two-handers, and allowing backstabbing was a brilliant design choice but it is broken for literally every weapon skill. Even Flurry's backstab damage is not calculated properly!
0 123 Read More
02/02/20 09:21 AM
The Nintendo Switch version is great, especially because we can use the save games from Steam.

So far, so good.

But - I play on my PC with a controller, too (XBox Elite Series 2 controller) - and the mappings are extremely different (XYAB buttons).

I would like to ask that we get an option in the game to remap the buttons so we can use the muscle memory from the PC on the Switch as well. Many games on Switch allow remapping, D:OS 2 as a game which comes from Windows should allow that, too.
0 138 Read More
28/01/20 11:35 AM
Don't know how for you guys and girls, but I got impression from last two games, D:OS1 and D:OS2, that Larian Studios is running out of ideas for Divinity series. This is especially was highlighted in Divinity : Original Sin 1, where writers used interpretation of Pandora and her box as main plot and even put some weavess from greco-roman mythology, who literally weaves some tapestry of reality in Divinity universe. In D:OS2, story writers decided to recycle recurring villain Braccus Rex from D:OS1, and make him the main bad guy for the second game. Hard cheese with it.

So I going to propose some possible ideas for future Divinity games, which will be based on established lore and side plots of previous games :

1. Return of Maxos.
Maxos was mentioned as the greatest wizard in Rivellon, who become dragon knight lord, which maked him basicaly a real dragon, and considered to be immortal. One time he disappearing without a trace...
So, from his return as possible antihero or villain could turn out a great story. Certainly he would fit better to commit horrific monstrosites for "the greater good" more than Lucian was in D:OS2.

2. Return of previous DIvine one.
In DD Zandalor mentioned that previous DIvine one, some long time before, disappeared without a trace just like Maxos (maybe together?). Considering that DIvine's are immortal and they hard to kill, it's possible that this "hero" is still alive.
Maybe he/she will return to Rivellon, for good ol' vangence, maybe original's Divine powers were drained by some third party, or even demons. Still, from this could come up some amazing plot.

3. Sword of Lies strikes back.
Return to the roots, so to speak, and possibility for new players who don't want to play in outdated DD to learn how it's started. In the ending cutscene of DD, after defeat of Demon of Lies, sword of lies last seen falling to some hellish dimension, after failing to seduce Lucian to take it. But it's never actually was destroyed and maybe, just like "The One Ring", it has to be special conditions to do so.
If you think about it : Sword of Lies has won. Not only Lord of Chaos was successfully summoned, but even the Danmed One, Damian, was taken cared of and trained by Divine One himself. And now, what he could archive if taken by not 10 year old? Dog's bollocks I would say.

4. Using wasted potential of Beyond Divinity.
There a lot of wasted potential in BD : pseudo protoss with tails, raanaar, but whom could travel through space and time and have interesting culture; some untypically smart archdemon, for Divinity series, Asmodheus; bizzare looking Tree of Insight, vampiric tree who can answer on any question for a price, and which is connected to some unspecified gods, probably dark ones. At any case there a whole world Nemesis to explore and stories to tell, none of which will affect Rivellon's storyline any way possible.
0 88 Read More
28/01/20 04:26 AM
In the archives (bloodmoon island ) there is a hidden chest that is impossible to access due to the bad positioning of the camera,PS4 version

I take this opportunity to request the addition of ng +

thank you for your attention
0 40 Read More