Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Baldur's Gate III - Suggestions & Feedback Jump to new posts
Instant Gold Sink - Withers & Locate Object GeekGamerGuy 9 minutes ago
One of the more frustrating parts of the game is trying to find where you accidentally sold an item to get it back.

Instant Gold Sink to solve this problem:
Go to Withers who will cast Locate Object as a ritual spell for 500gp.
The player is then given a temporary "container" with a search function that searches the inventory across every trader the player has visited and they can search for items they sold to those vendors. Extra points for listing the closest fast travel sigil.
Have it be in effect until the next long rest just by querying Withers again.
0 5 Read More
Re: More reactivity in Act2 and 3, please ! Ixal 37 minutes ago
That ship has sailed. Romances for the shippers was more important and Larian decided to abandon BG3 by now anyway.
3 76 Read More
Re: More reactivity in Act2 and 3, please ! Felasalin 1 hour ago
Unfortunately yes. Class and race don’t matter anymore in act2 and 3, no more reactivity or special dialogues excepted at two minor places.
3 76 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - General Jump to new posts
Re: Was BG3 overly sexualized? geala 2 hours ago
No, it was/is not.

To resources, if Larian had only spared us Halsin and Karlach, evil playthroughs, more than one sword and four hair models, voice acting or other useless stuff, they had had much more time for stability or bug removal (I had 4 crashes since start of EA, and one bug in one playthrough; I needed 2 days after Patch 6 for all my mods to work again. You see, I suffered enough) or for more moral talk. Clearly a mismanagement, but it's their game.
397 34,672 Read More
Re: More reactivity in Act2 and 3, please ! Lotus Noctus 3 hours ago
Is that really true? How disappointing. Then I don't seem to have missed much so far with what comes after Act 1... Anyway, I second this! Class and race dialogues options simply make the game way more vivid!

EDIT: Dear Team Larian, my Guild Artisan still begs for the implementation of his beloved Merchant's Friend, Waukeen, as a selectable deity with corresponding dialogue options.
3 76 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - Story & Character Discussion Jump to new posts
Re: Just figured out why I don't like Wyll RagnarokCzD 7 hours ago
Are you sure about that?
There is other explanation ... since we spend whole EA with entirely different Wyll, we did get used to everyone else, but not this one.
1 91 Read More
Re: VOICES Infinid 8 hours ago
That's very interesting Wormerine. I'd probably need significant tech support for modding "soundsets."
Sounds great, if you know how to do it.

The way the wind is blowing, it sounds like Larian isn't taking BG3 on as a forever project, so I guess we won't see many more sets of voices.
It would have been cool though.

Hopefully Larian will take a note for future games or pass it on to whatever entity tackles BG4.
2 193 Read More
Re: ROPE - Lil help? Infinid 8 hours ago
I'm very happy many people responded to this!

When I posted, my main thought was about traversing a space.
A player can go to camp and remove Gale and then go back to the game and after everybody is on the other side of the chasm, the player can go back to get Gale.
In this way, using a rope makes more sense.
My thinking, at the time, was that a rope could be tossed to a party member for a single crossing, or to establish a bridge until a long rest.

[EXAMPLE of potential use: If player "A" cannot jump to the location of friendly player "B" but player "B" could make that same jump successfully, player "A" can expend one rope item to jump to the location of player "B".]

It's great that others have suggested a need for ropes to be useful.
When I first played D&D, rope was one of my top 20 must-have items.
You can't go on an adventure without a rope! (or a towel, if you are going to space)

I understand the semi-3D world of BG3 isn't the same as the semi-2D world of D&D 5E but I do hope this thread is noticed and some fun with ropes comes to be a feature in the game.
9 365 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - Story & Character Discussion Jump to new posts
Just figured out why I don't like Wyll JandK 9 hours ago
I want to like Wyll. I try to like Wyll. I just don't like Wyll.

It's because he's not intimidating. I'm not intimidated by him, not at all. There's no edge. In fact, it's like all of his edges were intentionally smoothed out. He feels young and naive.

Whereas Lae'zel. Say what you will about her, but I think her character projects hardness and strength, loyalty and aggression. I can believe that the NPC she just jumped in front of is scared of her.

Gale is exactly what he says he is and there's a strength to that. You have a sense that maybe his arrogance is well earned.

See what I mean? Astarion drips with a sense of danger. But not Wyll. Wyll is more of a boyscout grown up to be pack leader.

And since I'm not intimidated by Wyll I can't imagine any of the villains in the game being intimidated by him either.
1 91 Read More
More reactivity in Act2 and 3, please ! Felasalin Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Something I noticed, is the reactivity clearly missing in both act2 and 3. There is almost no more class and race dialogues options nor reactivity, which makes the experience much less immersive as it seems our class and race don’t matter at all anymore. Without adding dialogues for every single npcs which would be a lot of work especially in Baldur’s Gate, it would be nice to have more reactivity at least from the main and more importants npcs.
That’s something I’d really like to be improved in next patch. Especially as certain rarer origins, it makes Baldur’s Gate experience less credible.

Please developers, give us a little more reactivity and special dialogues in act2 and 3 !
3 76 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - Help Tips & Tricks Jump to new posts
Re: How to Perma Kill Shadowheart? RagnarokCzD Yesterday at 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by JandK
She can't swim.
Good tip!

Now where have i seen some deep lake ...
8 562 Read More
Re: How to Perma Kill Shadowheart? GrumpyGrognard Yesterday at 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by RonaldMc
if you play as durge, you can perma kill her around act 2

You monster.

In fact, all of you. You monsters. She likes night orchids and can't swim. Did you even know that about her?

Yeah! That more than makes up for her desire to plunge the world into eternal darkness!
8 562 Read More
Re: How to Perma Kill Shadowheart? JandK Yesterday at 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by RonaldMc
if you play as durge, you can perma kill her around act 2

You monster.

In fact, all of you. You monsters. She likes night orchids and can't swim. Did you even know that about her?
8 562 Read More
Re: I love the music KiraMira Yesterday at 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Trantion
I'd been a bit wary of playing Durge because the first few descriptions I'd heard sounded a bit murder-hobo-y or like playing as Trevor from GTA 5, but I'll give it a go and see what it's like. Got a few other games I want to play first though.

I hope you do try it, it's not so bad as you may think! And it adds a whole new experience on the game, almost like a baked in DLC.

Raphael is my favorite fight because of the song. When I hear the small snippet in Act 1 I just smile like a dummy.
14 710 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - Modding Jump to new posts
Help with modding (body) Ellderon Yesterday at 01:49 PM
I'm fiddlin with some stuff and among other things, I'm trying to create a new sate of genitals - proper futa (no scrotum, with vagina) genitals to be more specific

I did make models but all have issues. Attempts 1 and 2 are imported game models of vulva and penis combined.Removed vertices/faces I didn't need, joined, merged, moved a bit. Made sure weight paint and vertex paint are OK.
They show up in-game but look bad.

Attempt3 i didn't do any joining or merging, started with vulva model and divided and extruded faces. This one doesn't show up in-game (invisible?)

These are the Blender files (and exported files before re-naming and placing in-game)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/7dto8c7jzgrxvvg/BG3attempts.zip/file
If someone can take a look and tell me what I am doing wrong, I'd appreaciate it.

Here is how they look in-game (NSFW):
https://i.postimg.cc/yYMJHcDL/bg1.jpg

Also, I can't find any tutorial on how to add them as new options (no overwriting existing ones)
0 34 Read More
Re: Patch 6 Destroyed Player Agency with Astarion Marielle Yesterday at 12:59 PM
We just want to play different games. That's all there is to it. Somehow, someway, two completely different audiences have converged right in the middle of BG3.

What attracted you to this game is not what attracted me, and vice versa.

Isn't it fascinating that the developers of BG3 were able to bring together such opposing groups. Through much of the game we are seemingly in sync, but here our differences are largely irreconcilable. I would suggest that this is the flaw to Larian's "appease everyone" approach.

In general, I suspect that many of the things I dislike about BG3 would be things you enjoy. Yet I still love the game. Because I think it's great despite those things, which means the great part of the game has a lot of weight its carrying (making it all the more impressive).

I know what I find myself passionate about in this game. I wonder, I can't help but wonder, which parts of the game are you passionate about and why? I'd like to make an effort to understand your point of view.

I'll try to summarize it. Literally from the very first moments of BG3 captured me with its liveliness, variety of options, elaboration of details - everything you need for full immersion in the game world. It seemed to me at first that the level of immersion and opportunities for roleplaying are on the level of a real DnD, with great visuals, especially the faces and emotions of the characters, thanks to mocap and excellent acting. It's like the companion breaks the fourth wall and speaks to you through the screen, there are real human emotions on his face, it's interesting to photograph and look at it frame by frame to better feel and understand. I perceived and perceive Astarion as alive, I rejoice in his joy and suffer from his pain, this has never happened to me before, of course, all RPGs had their favorites that I cared about, studied their stories in detail and made their quests as best as possible for them, but Astarion became a special case. I can say that Astarion is the one I liked the most in BG3. Why? Perhaps the fact that he was played by a real person (and Neil is an excellent actor), his heavy and compelling story, played a part. While the same can be said for the other companions, at first, before all those stories with humiliating "burning endings" and stuff, I liked all of them, to one degree or another. Larian really managed to create Personalities, to show them alive, and why a particular player can love or hate this or that personality, it is already a question of human psychology, but the mechanisms of attachment, thanks to this vividness of images, I think, the same as in ordinary, real life.

Separately on the gameplay aspects - awesome combat system. In Act 3, the battles are too easy, but so in all RPGs almost happens when you overpump, it's used to. Dynamism and variation of actions in battle at the highest level. There are no complaints about the gameplay at all - everything is great. The central storyline at the first playthrough is also impressive, when the Keeper turns out to be the Emperor, the Emperor turns out to be Balduran - it's cool. In general, if I, as an avid fan of RPGs and DnDs, had not been suddenly hit with a "tool" ("Tav is a narrative tool", etc.), although in the description of the game, it is written that it is an RPG and expectations were appropriate, I probably would have considered the whole plot of the game wonderful.

Additionally, I want to clarify - I am not a fan of vampire themes specifically (well, or was not before Astarion), I am a fan of realism in fantasy. When instead of templates of "good", "evil" in the world there are living characters that do not fit into narrow frames of alignment, something like what George Martin once did in his "Game of Thrones". Stephen Rooney did the same thing with Astarion, and I really appreciate this author's work.

The romance in the game (if I take patch 6 out of my memory and close my eyes and skip through some scenes) has an aspect that I liked as well, namely the deep personal interactions with my favorite companion. Despite many other aspects that I don't like at all, having to say, "No" to multiple characters on a regular basis was generally not such a terrible price to pay for being able to personally interact with Astarion. Plus, I understand that the game should have different options for everyone, and as long as I'm not personally touched and can avoid it, the developers can introduce whatever they want, as long as they manage to strike a balance and pay attention to other aspects of the game too.

And overall I couldn't agree more about the game being great, to be honest my anger was largely due to the fact that due to the bullying of patch 6 I can no longer play it, and I want to play it. If the game wasn't great I would have abandoned it, maybe I would have written one critical review, maybe not, I often abandon games that disappoint me and just forget about them, and BG3 I don't want to abandon and forget.
866 54,186 Read More
Re: Patch 6 Destroyed Player Agency with Astarion KiraMira Yesterday at 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Natasy
I've never encountered the level of hostility in a gaming community than I have with this one specific fandom. It's so extreme and patch 6 has made it so much worse.

There's nowhere left to enjoy the fandom. Even the Ascension specific spaces get brigaded and screenshots get taken to laugh at and mock the people in the mainstream fandoms. Which is bizarre to me because AA is pretty mild and vanilla compared to other villain fandoms.

It does say a lot more about them than it does about us. When someone is playing a game, without hurting anyone else it is not right to dictate and bully them just because it differs from their own PT and game(/world) views. It is obvious and should be obvious to any normal thinking human.

When it gets to the point of them taking screenshots and mocking individuals I would argue it's more about them janking their own pleasure stick or button, than it is about the game itself.

It would be much easier for us if the kisses was adressed in some way from the devs that's for sure.
866 54,186 Read More
Re: Successful 99 throw! RagnarokCzD Yesterday at 11:16 AM
It looks to me like you're focussed more on the combat, and you want to have a clearly set out goal and know what you've got to achieve in each battle, whereas I'm playing for the story and characters, and the purpose of the combat is to serve that story
I dont really think those things are mutualy exclusive.
Also, you are wrong ... what im looking for is coherent ballanced experience ... i never understand people who "dont mind bad combat, bcs they are more focused on the story" ... nor people who "dont mind weak story, bcs they are more interested in the combat" ... in my opinion, those things should be ballanced and support each other, trying to separate them, even in case when you are trying to determine where is the focus is therefore a misstake.

or if it had told me that the battle would be in three phases.
Where did you get this? O_o
I mean its great that you think it ... but since nobody was suggesting such thing, it seems a little out of nowhere.

All you see when you reach the roof, and start fighting Ketheric, is that he have i dunno f.e. 500HP ... nothing else.

And what you will see as you will fight him is that he will escape at some point ...
> The only difference is that in curent version, you have him almost killed ... it dont really matter if he runs with 1HP, or 20 ...
> And in this version he would run around half lets say.

For me, that sort of surprise is fun and ramps up the tension. I like to imagine what the party is thinking at that point, suddenly having to decide whether to go after him, and if they can afford to rest to recover.
First of all, im quite sure you cant rest at that point. smile
Second, and that is also important ... i would dare to say that this apply on both cases. O_o

part of the story for me that wouldn't have happened without that first phase.
Indeed ... but my suggestion was not to remove first phase, just integrate it closer to the wider narative of that whole encounter.

Talking about wasted effort, the result would have been exactly the same if you'd killed Ketheric on the top of the tower, and then a cutscene played showing you that you needed to go to the basement where you'd fight two separate bosses, one of which could be the avatar of Myrkul. Why would that be more satisfying than Ketheric pulling off an escape?
To me? It would be more satisfying ... bcs my effort were not negated.

I fighted the vilain ... i spend lots of resources in that battle ... and it had the desired results > vilain is dead.
That makes me feel like my actions had meaning.

When i fight the vilain ... and i see the next hit WOULD kill him, bcs i played the game for last few dozen of hours and it is working this way with everyone else ... but in next scene he in perfectly vital, healthy, and i need to start over ... i dont have that feeling. :-/

but the first few times you hit an enemy you're not driving a sword into their chest.
Never said it is ...

I guess from there it's not too hard to see the hitpoint bar not as the amount of injury it takes to kill an enemy, but the amount of attacks needed to complete the current task.
And what difference does it make?

You need to hit enemy enough times > RESET cut scene > start over.
You need to catch enough eggs > RESET cut scene > start over.
You need to i dunno, fill your drink > RESET cut scene > start over.

That is the problem here ...
Not HP ... but what lack of them presents, it presents your progress in task ... and you want your curent progress to count for something. :-/

Have you ever downloaded any big file on dial up connection?
Do you remember the situation where you had 99% and then window telling you "connection lost" appeared ... and you knew you will have to start it all over again?
THATS how it feels.

Sometimes it is cheap when a game takes away an enemy that you thought you'd defeated
I think its allways cheap ...
I think it allways feel like when you order a grilled Rothé Ribs ... and got smelly fish soup instead.
26 583 Read More
Re: Successful 99 throw! RagnarokCzD Yesterday at 10:37 AM
It looks to me like you're focussed more on the combat, and you want to have a clearly set out goal and know what you've got to achieve in each battle, whereas I'm playing for the story and characters, and the purpose of the combat is to serve that story
Also, you are wrong ... what im looking for is coherent ballanced experience ... i never understand people who "dont mind bad combat, bcs they are more focused on the story" ... nor people who "dont mind weak story, bcs they are more interested in the combat" ... in my opinion, those things should be ballanced and support each other, trying to separate them, even in case when you are trying to determine where is the focus is therefore a misstake.

I mean its great that you think it ... but since nobody was suggesting such thing, it seems a little out of nowhere.

All you see when you reach the roof, and start fighting Ketheric, is that he have i dunno f.e. 500HP ... nothing else.

And what you will see as you will fight him is that he will escape at some point ...
> The only difference is that in curent version, you have him almost killed ... it dont really matter if he runs with 1HP, or 20 ...

For me, that sort of surprise is fun and ramps up the tension. I like to imagine what the party is thinking at that point, suddenly having to decide whether to go after him, and if they can afford to rest to recover.
Second, and that is also important ... i would dare to say that this apply on both cases. O_o

Indeed ... but my suggestion was not to remove first phase, just integrate it closer to the wider narative of that whole encounter.

Talking about wasted effort, the result would have been exactly the same if you'd killed Ketheric on the top of the tower, and then a cutscene played showing you that you needed to go to the basement where you'd fight two separate bosses, one of which could be the avatar of Myrkul. Why would that be more satisfying than Ketheric pulling off an escape?

I fighted the vilain ... i spend lots of resources in that battle ... and it had the desired results > vilain is dead.

When i fight the vilain ... and i see the next hit WOULD kill him, bcs i played the game for last few dozen of hours and it is working this way with everyone else ... but in next scene he in perfectly vital, healthy, and i need to start over ... i dont have that feeling. :-/

but the first few times you hit an enemy you're not driving a sword into their chest.
Never said it is ...

I guess from there it's not too hard to see the hitpoint bar not as the amount of injury it takes to kill an enemy, but the amount of attacks needed to complete the current task.

Not HP ... but what lack of them presents, it presents your progress in task ... and you want your curent progress to count for something. :-/

Do you remember the situation where you had 99% and then window telling you "connection lost" appeared ... and you knew you will have to start it all over again?
THATS how it feels.

Sometimes it is cheap when a game takes away an enemy that you thought you'd defeated
I think it allways feel like when you order a grilled Rothé Ribs ... and got smelly fish soup instead.
26 583 Read More
Re: Successful 99 throw! RagnarokCzD Yesterday at 10:29 AM

Never said it is ...

THATS how it feels.

26 583 Read More
Re: PC controller UI / Xbox - Missing "End Turn" sound effect. DevilHunler Yesterday at 02:50 AM
Same for me on Xbox Series X, hopefully it gets patched. I submitted a bug report on Larian's main website and anyone else who encountered this does, if they haven't already.
1 148 Read More
Re: Patch 6 Destroyed Player Agency with Astarion Natasy Yesterday at 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by KiraMira
I wish Larian would say something about the Patch 6 kisses. In part mention. Anything.

Many people have been really hostile to us and although it probably is only a small part of the combined number of people in the game community it feels like it is the whole gang. I think for a lot of us the feeling of being excluded and alienated from a community hurts the most, or at least is a big part of the hurt. And with the Patch 6 kisses and the silence that follows it gives the impression that the devs agrees with the number of people being hostile and hurtful to us for playing the game in a way that differ from the main gang. Even though it is just that we take path A instead of path B, and dare to enjoy it.

I do not think... rather I can not believe the devs agree with those people ganging up on a number a players for choosing "Path A". But the feeling is still there. I feel judged and found lacking.

Yep. I haven't even finished my resist Durge run. I've never encountered the level of hostility in a gaming community than I have with this one specific fandom. It's so extreme and patch 6 has made it so much worse.

There's nowhere left to enjoy the fandom. Even the Ascension specific spaces get brigaded and screenshots get taken to laugh at and mock the people in the mainstream fandoms. Which is bizarre to me because AA is pretty mild and vanilla compared to other villain fandoms.

I'm not going to RP being abused. I'm sorry to the the fans that seems to deeply upset, but I've had enough abuse for a life time. I could happily play the game pre patch. Post patch, those faces, coupled with the never ending dogpiling just made it so unenjoyable.

We get it. The larger fandom does not like us. They do not want us. We're the entire fandoms punching bag. But being told over and over that I need to either admit I like abuse, or that I'm too stupid to see it, is enough to put me off the game. If they want to fix it, fine. But at this point, they had plenty of time to at least address the continuous complaints and they didn't. I'm not gonna be eager to partake in their content going forward.
866 54,186 Read More
Re: Patch 6 Destroyed Player Agency with Astarion JandK Yesterday at 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by Marielle
“Patch 7 also aims to fix several bugs that you have reported, including Jaheira’s unwillingness to follow the group and jump into combat, Wyll’s less-than-romantic greetings, as well as the mysteriously disappearing Narrator lines from the Gortash and Dark Urge confrontation, to name a few”.

I really hope that our problem, which has also been repeatedly reported by many players, will be fixed after all, despite the fact that unfortunately the developers didn't state it directly in their Patch 7 announcement. Wyll's less-than-romantic greetings - this certainly needs fixing, but Astarion's completely unromantic mental illness, sudden and merciless "short-term kisses", clearly requires speedy treatment no less. And logically, much more, since no one gets triggered by an unromantic greeting, but these "kisses" do.

We just want to play different games. That's all there is to it. Somehow, someway, two completely different audiences have converged right in the middle of BG3.

What attracted you to this game is not what attracted me, and vice versa.

Isn't it fascinating that the developers of BG3 were able to bring together such opposing groups. Through much of the game we are seemingly in sync, but here our differences are largely irreconcilable. I would suggest that this is the flaw to Larian's "appease everyone" approach.

In general, I suspect that many of the things I dislike about BG3 would be things you enjoy. Yet I still love the game. Because I think it's great despite those things, which means the great part of the game has a lot of weight its carrying (making it all the more impressive).

I know what I find myself passionate about in this game. I wonder, I can't help but wonder, which parts of the game are you passionate about and why? I'd like to make an effort to understand your point of view.
866 54,186 Read More
Re: Successful 99 throw! JandK Yesterday at 12:39 AM
A 99 target number is just a way of saying you need a natural 20.

Which isn't terribly hard to get with advantage and all the thieves tools that've been accumulating in the character's inventory over three acts.

Clearly I didn't pay any attention to what this thread was actually about, lol. My mind went immediately to lockpicking. Apologies, I'll see myself out.
26 583 Read More
Re: Please nerf the Orin fight Wormerine Yesterday at 12:21 AM
My memory is blurry as I did the fight only once a while ago - I am pretty sure I crowd controlled Orin with my bard, and used AoEs to dispatch Bhaal cultist. After that burning down Orin's HP wasn't too difficult.
10 359 Read More
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7