Divinity Banner
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Baldur's Gate III - General
48 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Hawke
Originally Posted by Waeress
Some journalists made a mistake or thought that early access automatically means Steam.
The audio from the meeting where early access was mentioned is online and they don't talk about Steam at all.

source?

https://investor.hasbro.com/events/event-details/investor-event-2020-toy-fair

Audio around 1:04:00
281 14,930 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - General
3 hours ago

If you unlink your characters, you can position them better before triggering the dialogue before the end fight. Sneak at the top of the stairs to have more room to move around. If you have a ranger there are places you can get for a high ground advantage for part one of the fight. If you do damage fast enough, you can skip the second part of the fight (ie Rain + Thunderstorm).

There should be end cutscenes on Youtube playthroughs. The details depend on choices and events earlier in the game, as well as the options at the end, so it may be easier to use something like the Cheat Commander mod before the final section to level up and boost attributes and skill levels, etc.
1 12 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Bugs & Technical Problems
4 hours ago
Thank you for your reply.
Originally Posted by Raze

Does it say it is his character's move?

Yes, it says that it's friend's move now.

In that case he should be able to select the incarnate's portrait in order to move.
I tried this with a LAN game, and after using the Task manager to shut down the client instance of the game, on the host instance after a couple seconds control of the characters was transferred over, and it was possible to select/move the incarnate. Rejoining also worked properly for the client.

We play through steam client, maybe it add some lagg to it. Because of friend's prehistoric internet connection it can be some desync problems. There are some problems with it during play when his characters make wrong moves. But it's our problems.

Can you control the incarnate before your friend reconnects?

I think that it's main problem. No, i can't control incarnate. Game thinks that friend is IN game specially for incarnate. I can control all his characters but incarnate.

Did you try swapping main characters after your friend rejoins (or at least taking control of the summoner), and seeing if that would let you control the incarnate?

Yes i did. I can control his characters, but if he disconnects during incarnate move - it' stuck.

If your friend rejoins and can not select the incarnate portrait to control it, try saving and reloading.

Thanks for advice - we will try this.
2 24 Read More
9 hours ago

The controller UI is designed for 16:9 resolutions, and will add these bars for other aspect ratios. You can try a 16:9 resolution to get rid of the bars (depending on your graphics card's settings), though that would distort the image.
1 15 Read More
Yesterday at 05:26 PM
kind of concerned about the background stuff.
it did look very much like OS2
I like OS2s level of graphics, but for BG3 with all the hype and the huge team behind it, i kind of expected a larger step up in terms of graphical fidelity.
Specifically not repeating OS2s plastic look.
48 1,008 Read More
Yesterday at 05:24 PM
and so far im very unimpressed by it.
Also i play RPGs, even action RPGs, to play a character.
admittedly, larian did start doing premade characters, btu they dont have this huge book colleciton behind them.

also a looter based RPG with characters that have predetermined equipment seems a bit strange.
Idk, i just cant imagine htis beeing as great as Champions of Norrath / BG DA
3 139 Read More
Yesterday at 05:20 PM
Very different game. im personally pretty hyped for both.
Baldurs Gate 3 is attempting somehting new, its a fresh start for DnD RPGs after years of shovelware trash (and probably another 5 year sof shovelware trash to come)

Path of the Righteus is going to be a continuation of Kingmaker thats going to implement more features from its system, including mounted combat which hypes me greatly.
Its more in the line of the infinity engine games: expand on the previous stuff rather than reinvtent the wheel.

For a system like pathfinder that live soff hundreds of splatbooks and continuous adventure paths, this is basically the ideal solution and i hope owlcat keeps doing this thing, its a good niche for a developer of their size.
This way they can be ambitious in terms of mechanics and content, and dont have to be overly ambitious with overhauling their engine and systems.

Ironically, this puts Owlcat int he same position larian was with OS2.
but larian has struck big and now is barging into tripple A territory with a big brand name and a huge team, they gotta take bigger challenges.

I see this as an absolute win.
Also Owlcat is implementing the Turn based mod, so im just gonna dab on all your RTWP glorifiers
18 412 Read More
Yesterday at 05:13 PM
buzzwords.
OS2 started in fantasy auschwitz.

Baldurs Gate meanwhile had GO FOR THE EYES BOO.
Dark and grounded is relative and Baldurs Gate profits from nostalgia goggles.
This probably wont have a lot of Larian Humor, but trying to appeal to some "Dark and gritty" high goal is ridiculous. Baldurs Gate wasnt that at all.
Planescape had a talking skull as a companion.

I for one hope they try to make a good game rather than trying too hard to be edgy. They did that with OS2.
OS2 was a game in which you make a Boss easier by comitting genocide. and people called it too childish.

The Goal is unattainable and thus shouldnt be tried. you cannot win against nostalgia goggles.
Dark and Grounded is just a codeword for "thing i like" and "old game good".

This can easily be seen in the posters here bemoaning that BG3 is going to be a Parody. as if OS2 was a Parody, or the other Larian games for that matter.
Theres no point fighting rumors. Ive seen the same happen to several other games companies, theres always going ot be people who havent played the games that are going to parrot nonsense that isnt true.
So what am i gonna say to you people, i guess "Im sorry for you", because no matter if this game is gonna turn out good or bad, youre gonna hate it on principle because of some preconceived notion that the past is sacred and any new iteration can only be terrible.
8 247 Read More
Divinity Original Sin - Mods
Yesterday at 03:38 PM
There's sadly no stats editor in the editor of DOS 1 (unlike DOS 2). You can get the stat files to edit either from:

Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Editor\Templates\Stats\ (unless you have the GOG version of the editor, I guess), though I don't know if they're completely up to date,

or by unpacking the file Main.pak (to be found in the main directory of the game) with Norbyte's tool; s. this thread where you can find Norbyte's download link: http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=572322&page=14

When you unpack the Main.pak you can see the folder structure for installing the stat files in the game's directory. If you created your own module with dependencies on Main and Shared, you should store the stat folders and files in your mod folder in: Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Public\[YourModName]\ instead of in ...\Data\Public\Shared\ or ...\Data\Public\Main\ (though there are a few, like Requirements.txt, which must be stored in the subfolders of Shared to make them work for the main campaign; ItemCombos.txt [used for crafting recipes] can be stored in the mod folder but won't overwrite the main campaign's item combos; to overwrite, they must be stored in Shared).

If you want to edit stats of the main campaign in your module, just copy the relevant files over to your module and edit them. Otherwise create a new stats file (just a text file) with a new name.

You can learn more about working with stats by looking into mods like Baardvark's 'Scales' (https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/68) or Ameranth's and Elric's 'Epic Encounters' (https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/103) or some other mods. And there are some threads related to stats in the mod forum for DOS 1 EE (here).

I'm not an expert for stats and it's been more than a year that I did something stats related, so I can only give some information here and there.

Addition:
If created correctly, the new stats entry should be selectable (in Stats) in the editor's sidebar (Ctrl + B) of your item's template or instance in the game world. Changes and additions to stats will only apply/show up after you restarted the editor/your module, in case you try to make changes/additions to stat files while your module is loaded in the editor.
2 37 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Help/Tips/Tricks
Yesterday at 09:19 AM
She's sworn so I both assumed and read that, while it really makes no difference, there is a way to give it to her. I sent the Prince in to the oasis with both swornbreakers in his inventory but, she never asked for it. Is there a trick to giving it to her? Did not having them all there make a difference?

On a more humorous note, two games ago, I decided not to kill Alexander. Game 1, I killed the mother tree with death fog but, instead of being sealed underground, it killed all above including Alexander. Strike one. In game 2, Ifan insisted on attacking him; Alexander dies. Strike 2. I guess I have to try the next time without Ifan in tow.

EDIT: I experimented a bit with saves. Apparently, the main character has to be the one leading the conversation. I did divide the swornbreakers between the two of them so it may also be needed to be in the possession of the main character.
0 13 Read More
Yesterday at 04:36 AM

This is likely a different issue, if the hotfix did not help.

Can you join/load in a new game, or in older saves from your current playthrough?

If a new game has issues and you are using any non-Larian mods, can everyone join if the host creates a new profile and starts a new game without mods?

Try verifying files, in case there was an issue with the update process:
In the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.
With the App Store release, or GOG without the Galaxy client:

Terminal
cd ~/Library/Application\ Support\ ... up to the Divinity Original Sin 2.app folder
codesign -vvv Divinity\ -\ Original\ Sin\ 2.app

For the first command, it may be easier to browse to the install folder in Finder, then drag and drop the location into an open Terminal window.
The second command takes a while, and will output some lines starting with '--prepared' or '--validated'. If everything is fine, it will end with:

Divinity - Original Sin 2.app: valid on disk
Divinity - Original Sin 2.app: satisfies its Designated Requirement

If that doesn't help, please email supportdos2@larian.com with your save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc). If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames/Story' folder.
In Finder you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting compress (or right click and 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' in Explorer, if the host is using Windows).

For OSX, also provide your system specs (you can use the 'System Report' button from the 'About This Mac' Apple menu item, or the 'System Information' app in the utilities folder), including the OS version number, Mac model name and year (indicating early/mid/late) and model identifierl, as well as a crash report (collected in the 'Console' application, under 'User Reports'). Alternately, the crash reports may be saved in the '~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports' or '~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter' folders.
For Windows, include a dxdiag report (WinKey-R, type in dxdiag and hit enter, then when it finishes loading click on the 'Save All Information...' button and save the report somewhere handy) and check the '..\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\bin' folder for the gold.log file, and if any 'CrashDump' files are being created, zip a few together to include.
7 275 Read More
22/02/20 04:19 PM
Nice. I wish i had friends who would like to play this game... my friends just play football games or shooters... lucky you laugh
1 56 Read More
22/02/20 02:59 PM
Welp, it seems that I was finally able to solve this problem. After breaking my head against a wall, the email I got from support gave me a clue: I recalled that my CPU was tweaked because it was overheating, and I performed underclocking via BIOS. The voltage was reduced by 0.14, which considerably lowered the temperature (summers are quite agressive here) without producing trottling nor any other problems... until now.
After messing with it for a while I left it at 0.10 and for now it's working fine. I will let you know if anything else changes!

Many thanks for the help.
7 192 Read More
22/02/20 10:48 AM
Hello everyone,

my friend and I played through original sin 1 on steam without issues. We bought original sin 2 on steam and plaed for about 40 hours without issies. Recently we've been running into issues though.

Sometimes, my friend's actions take over 5 seconds until they are performed. It looks like the game is desynced between the two of us. It seems to occur whenever there is something intensive going on, such as battles. If we just wolk around in the world, the game is pretty much synced.

We tried different things:

- Enable fake fullscreen
- deleting level cache
- disabling firewall and anti virus
- portforwarding
- We both can join other random people online and there seems to be no lag.
- When my friend is the host and I try to join him, my game gets stuck at the loading screen.

The only solution we found is to use hamachi. With hamachi the lag is gone.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?
0 21 Read More
22/02/20 12:33 AM

It works fine here (on PC), with regular and high quality fire essences, and a couple of different empty potion bottles (small, with a cork stopper, and slightly larger with a glass stopper).

Are you using any mods that might change recipes?

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.
With the App Store release, or GOG without the Galaxy client:

Terminal
cd ~/Library/Application\ Support\ ... up to the Divinity Original Sin 2.app folder

For the first command, it may be easier to browse to the install folder in Finder, then drag and drop the location into an open Terminal window.
The second command takes a while, and will output some lines starting with '--prepared' or '--validated'. If everything is fine, it will end with:

1 50 Read More
21/02/20 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by Brent2410
Right, dash requires a full action, so you cannot attack if you travel above your max movement in one turn. You can use whatever mental gymnastics you need to in order to justify RTwP being truer to PnP over TB - but there's literally a mechanic called turn order soooo. I'm all for the people that say they prefer RTwP games over TB. When you start saying that RTwP is better at translating the PnP experience, however, you're just flat out wrong. I'm not bashful about admitting I'm more of a fan of PnP over crpgs. I play crpgs because I like the underlying rpg system (DnD core rules) and every time I replay one I have a constant dull pain over the RTwP implementation. That's just my cup of tea tho, I'm not debating the merits of either system.

Well, I actually suggested that something other than TB or RTwP might work better, somewhat as a devil's advocate. My personal preference for combat is RT control over one character with mechanisms in place to influence the others through pre-set instructions ( like DA:O ) or maybe shouted orders of some kind. Both RTwP and TB break the flow and require me to control the other characters, which I prefer not to do.

What works best depends on what Larian are trying to do. If the intent is to provide a PnP 5e multiplayer simulator with BG3 as a game module, then you would follow the 5e rules and definitely implement it as TB, possibly requiring a DM seat to play.

However, if the intent is primarily to provide an RPG video game that is based on the 5e rules, then their decisions are less clear cut. It depends more obviously on their "vision" for the game than what the rules themselves actually say. I don't remember any computer-based D&D title that actually implemented the PnP rules correctly and completely; some were always modified or dropped, either because they made no sense in a video game context, or because they were impractical to implement.

As @Hawke points out in another post, creating video games is nowhere near as easy as many gamers think. I used to like PnP because of the feeling of being able to explore and interact, at will, with a completely different world, where combat was just one occasional activity. That has not really been possible in computer games yet, because building all the world-evolution systems that would be needed is beyond what is practical in a discrete game. So my best hope is for a well-written, well-paced story with multiple ways to advance; but my fear is that it will just be a series of fetch-and-carry quests inerspersed with unavoidable combat.
471 20,291 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Suggestions and Feedback
21/02/20 08:56 PM
I'm new to this forum, and I'm sure this has been covered.

I'm a big fan of DOS 2, and DOS 1. In fact I typically beat one, then immediately play the other.

That being said, one of the biggest (if not the only real) thing lacking from the 2nd DOS (compared to the 1st) is that you can NOT go back to previous areas and explore. Once you leave Fort Joy you are done.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE the gift bags, but I'd also love to have the ability to fast travel to previous explored areas. Regardless of load time.

I'm sure this is just completely out of the question at this point. I know nothing about what it would take to do this, but I'd imagine it would basically be like remaking the levels.

Regardless I just wanted to throw it out there, because it really is the one thing about DOS 2 I find lacking.
0 30 Read More
21/02/20 05:06 PM
thanks again,amazing tips,one last am i suppose to check every trade option on npcs (either randoms or shops)and always buy the magic book skills??anythin else that is regarded must buy??
8 153 Read More
Divinity Original Sin - Help/Tips/Tricks
21/02/20 02:54 PM
Hi guys,

I've had Divinity for some 4 years now, bought on a sale and had simply forgotten about it until I played POE1 and POE2 recently.

Now I try to play games that are not CRPGs but can't. I simply miss the complexity and massive number of possibilites.

So I'll be starting Divinity soon on the PS4, and would like to ask the veterans for Rogue builds, since is my favorite class in RPGs, both tabletop and PC. I specially enjoy playing assassins, or assassin types if the game doesn't have the actual class. By that I mean minmax glass canon builds focusing on killing enemies in one blow and getting into stealth to do the same with the next enemy.

I LOVE minmax and creating the most broken OP character possible, so please, go wild and don't mind about balanced builds or builds that focus on dialog or non combat options. I'll most likely be putting it to use on the highest difficulty anyway, like I did in POE.

Thanks in advance!
0 26 Read More
21/02/20 01:11 PM

That game update has been released (as well as a hotfix for a couple of new issues that that introduced). The current game version on PC is 3.6.58.1306.

If you updated to Catalina again, it made changes to how file permissions are handled. Usually that blocks the game from even seeing the profile(s), but it wouldn't hurt to check, in case restoring from the backup half bypassed that.
In System Preferences, Security and Privacy, Privacy, click on 'Files and Folders' to get a list of apps that have requested folder access, and allow D:OS 2 access to the Documents folder, if applicable.

Try verifying local files:

Terminal

If you create a new OSX user account, start the game from there, create a profile and start a new game, are you still getting the same error when trying to save?
12 380 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Suggestions and Feedback
21/02/20 12:29 PM

1. Oh, ok. Maybe there is a general procedure closing things for long paths, to make sure there are no cases where gates/doors that should be closed are bypassable.

2. You can not directly move items between rows, just add them on the row that you wish (from the skill window or inventory).
3 68 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Latest News
21/02/20 12:29 PM

This should indeed be fixed in the next update (no ETA yet). It was marked to be fixed in the last major update, but the fix wasn't complete until after the update was finalised. For the 3.6.58.1306 hotfix, it was just specific new/critical fixes added to an update.
17 11,718 Read More
21/02/20 12:01 PM
Anyone got it working (well) with wine? GOG user here, steam is no option...
25 6,212 Read More
21/02/20 10:12 AM
Hello,

i am using mod for playing with more then 4 characters. For playing i am using xbox one controller and sometimes steam controller. I would like to switch to 5th and high character for changing skills, inventory etc. How can i change keys settings on my controller, please? It would be easy, if You make using controller at a same time or just make possible key change on controller.

Thank You very much for Your help and have a nice day
0 25 Read More
General
21/02/20 02:15 AM
How can I change the lizard's skins to not have the awkward dark scales, or for the scales to be colorable? I'm playing with a couple mods that give me better color range, but the dark scales really mess up my characters. Ideally, I want one of my characters to be a soft pink lizard, but the dark areas clash really badly with the otherwise awesome color.
0 34 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2