Larian Studios
Posted By: chrishan sword for the red gem - 27/05/04 06:14 PM
Can anyone give me some hints on where to find the sword that the ranaar want you to combine with the red gem? The ranaar says you need a magic sword from the temple blacksmith. I've tried talking to him and bringing him a magical sword but nothing seems to work.
Posted By: Sauron Re: sword for the red gem - 27/05/04 06:18 PM
He will make you a magical sword. Just talk to him and he will tell you that he needs some ore. Just for the record, there are both a merchant close to the entrance and the smith further into the building. It is the smith you need to speak to
Posted By: chrishan Re: sword for the red gem - 27/05/04 06:21 PM
I talked to him but that option didn't show up. I'm already carrying the exotic ore so maybe if I drop it before I speak to him it might be there.
Posted By: Sauron Re: sword for the red gem - 27/05/04 06:35 PM
Yep try that
Posted By: chrishan Re: sword for the red gem - 27/05/04 07:15 PM
Nope that didn't work. I don't know if this is part of the problem but none of the ranaar quests are showing up in the diary and won't even if I keep talking to them.
Posted By: Raze Re: sword for the red gem - 27/05/04 07:29 PM
The Raanaar quests were not showing up for me in the log either, but I didn't have any trouble with them. However, I had seen reports of others running into problems getting quest items before the quest, so did not enter the mine before I had the quest.
Posted By: chrishan Re: sword for the red gem - 27/05/04 07:32 PM
So it might not be able to complete the quest? Oh well, maybe I'll get it on a second run-through. thanks for the help.
Posted By: ariana Re: sword for the red gem - 27/05/04 09:52 PM
I got the ore long before the quest two games ago and had no problems. That was 1.44 not 1.45.
Posted By: chrishan Re: sword for the red gem - 27/05/04 11:05 PM
I'm still on 1.44 but I've noticed that now, no quests are appearing in my diary. is there any chance this could be that data corruption that they were talking about when I downloaded 1.44. I was in the battlefields when i got it and it said there may be some corruption if you came out in a different place to where you went in. I came out at the same place so I thought there wasn't a problem. Maybe I was wrong.
Posted By: kiya Re: sword for the red gem - 28/05/04 06:21 AM
Quest entries for Raanaar quests are buggy. If your smith does not react - have you tried to drop the ore outside his house and not near him?

There are a few other quests not showing up in Act 3/showing up too late - e.g. "strange teleportations".
© Larian Studios forums