Larian Studios
Posted By: Cariachand Camera scrolling on it's own. - 10/08/20 08:22 PM
Yeah, makes it pretty unplayable.
Caps lock thingie didn't do anything, except make the center camera button not work either.
As soon as the game begins, the screen starts scrolling to the right, on it's own. I can't scroll it back to the left, no matter what I do with my mouse.
I don't know what to do, the only solution I found was to use caps lock to make the camera follow you, but even that didn't work.

Apparently this is a rare issue.
I'd appreciate help with it, since I really want to play this game too.
Posted By: Cariachand Re: Camera scrolling on it's own. - 10/08/20 08:58 PM
I have the Divinity Anthology disc version,
And I have the latest patch installed.
Posted By: Raze Re: Camera scrolling on it's own. - 11/08/20 02:04 AM

If you double click the character portraits, hit F1 or F2 twice (IIRC the default hotkeys for character selection) or left click on the ground and hold (to have the characters move in the direction of the cursor), does that get the camera to lock back on to the lead character?

Have you tried changing the game resolution, to see if that would make a difference?

You could try windowed mode: [Info] Debug Mode - Better FPS + Windowed Mode
Posted By: Cariachand Re: Camera scrolling on it's own. - 11/08/20 09:34 AM
Double clicking the portrait does set the camera back on them. Until I move my cursor off from the portrait. It doesn't matter where on the screen my cursor is, the camera keeps flying top right.
Same is true with holding down left mouse button. The camera will follow the character, but as soon as I release the mouse button, the camera again flies top right no matter what I do.
I have also tried the resolution switching, none of them do any difference.
I'll try the windowed debug mode if nothing else will work, 'cause I don't want to have to download a 3rd party software to make this work, unless there's no other choice.
Is there anything else I can do?
Posted By: Cariachand Re: Camera scrolling on it's own. - 11/08/20 09:49 AM
Okay, update:

Now it works.
I changed my compatibility settings to Windows 7(Had it set on XP service pack 2), Made it use color depth 16bit, and made it run as adminstrator. And I switched these settings for all users, and I restarted my computer.
I do not know which of these was the thing that made it work, but if I were to hazard a guess, it would be the compatibility for windows 7.
If the problem returns, I'll be back, but so far it seems to be working fine.
Posted By: Cariachand Re: Camera scrolling on it's own. - 11/08/20 09:51 AM
Though it might also be that I had not restarted my computer after applying the recent patch. I've heard somewhere that restarting your computer flushes the memory, so maybe there were old bugs in there still messing with the new version.

I hope someone else who runs into this problem will find this helpful.
Posted By: Raze Re: Camera scrolling on it's own. - 11/08/20 11:32 AM

Thanks for the update, and details. I'm glad you got it working.
© Larian Studios forums