Larian Studios
Posted By: Melvil 1.4 + bug - 07/05/04 04:06 PM
At the very beginning of the game after you first meet the Deathknight, you can try and enter his cell. When you do this it is supposed to trigger a scripted event where he protests to going into the cell. After the 1.4 patch, and in 1.41, this script no longer triggers. Also, 1.41 also has a tendancy to CTD when clicking on items like garbage and rotten food. Before 1.41 I resolved CTD's by turning down my hardware acceleration for sound. Now it happens even with hardware acc turned down.
Posted By: Plowking Re: 1.4 + bug - 07/05/04 04:08 PM
I got that script about him not wanting to go into his cell in the demo only...and in version 1.0 I didn't get it...I figured it was just removed altogether
Posted By: snaus Re: 1.4 + bug - 07/05/04 07:59 PM
there was a script about a cell? lol, I'm a few hours in and never saw that either.

gg
Posted By: Warhammer Re: 1.4 + bug -> not really - 07/05/04 08:10 PM
It is random or it may depend on the position of the DK relativly to the Hero when the latter is near the entrance.

I got the message 2 times out of 5 in the demo, and 1 time out of 3 in the retail version. I'd swear by Kiya's favourite cat that it is not related to patch versions, since I remember a long discussion when only the demo was out on us wondering what triggers that dialogue.
Posted By: Melvil Re: 1.4 + bug -> not really - 07/05/04 10:32 PM
ya, on my latest build, totally worked again. It's just a flakey trigger.
Posted By: Raze Re: 1.4 + bug -> not really - 07/05/04 11:29 PM
If the hero gets to the mid point of the walkway to the cell first, the cutscene conversation will be triggered; if the DK passes there first, it will not.
© Larian Studios forums