Ok
Just finish game with my UBER-ULTIMATE MAGE
I kill Divine with 3-4 magic missiles and Zandalor with 4-5 magic missiles
Killed soldiers with firewall
level 34

one question
I don"t understand ending
can someone explain me
I mean I free Ygerna,and then Lucius talk to me and after that I saw movie where Damian is still alive even if she is ressurected confused
Posted By: Kein Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 10/11/09 08:07 PM
Lol, did you read the last dialogue scene with Lucian? :P
Posted By: Raven.rpg Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 10/11/09 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Kein
Lol, did you read the last dialogue scene with Lucian? :P

Yes
but I still didn"t understand his points
Posted By: Kein Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 11/11/09 03:41 PM
Explanation given to us in the game:

Read what Zandalor and Talana said. Damian messed up with Soulforge spell and "inverted" it. Something went wrong but even Zandalor had no clue what happened. So, his thoughts that Ygerna's resurrection will kill Damian can be wrong or correct as well. And, as you can see - he was wrong. Ygerna's ressurection - Damian immortality/invulnerability (Lucian says so @ the end)

Errors in the plot:

1. Damian's soul - the Lord of Chaos' soul. As we knew from DD1, only his material body can be killed, but no the soul. So, there is a question: how Soulforge spell will affect him?
2. What the point of immortality if Damian already is?
Posted By: sin Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 15/11/09 11:10 PM
I too am confused. So the woman that guided and gave you the powers of a dragon knight was not Talana but Ygerna? She has that kind of amazing power? What of Talana then? Howl did the main character got sealed in that crystal in the blink of an eye? Is the Divine dead or alive? Ahhh, so many questions it hurts my head smirk
Posted By: DeviRyuuD Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 15/11/09 11:22 PM
That was indeed Ygerna, not Talana that gave you the gift - Dragon. No idea what`s up with Talana, i`m just guessing she`s still alive somewhere, it isnt proven that she`s dead since Lord Arbens ghost was haunting in the church cellars. If Talana would be long dead, then you wouldn`t have met Arbens ghost in the first place. You ended up traped in the Hall of Echoes together with Lucian, the Divine, who still is alive in fact.
Posted By: Kein Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 15/11/09 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by sin
I too am confused. So the woman that guided and gave you the powers of a dragon knight was not Talana but Ygerna? She has that kind of amazing power?

Yeah, Ygerna, a human and just a daughter of Black Ring leader is... much more powerful than the Lord of Chaos itself, haha.

Yeah, this made me lol too, but oh well...
Posted By: virumor Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 16/11/09 09:05 AM
I don't understand what was up with Talana too. How the heck did Ygerna control a *Dragon Knight* (supposedly the most powerful creatures on earth after Dragons) from within the Hall of Echoes? Same goes for the crystal thingie... apparently it is so very easy to curtail a Dragon Knight (Damian didn't even know about it, lol).

Not to mention, what was up with Lovis? Did she control him too?

As for Damian, the Divine mentions that Ygerna living is Damian's invincibility... well I don't see the point... he was already nearly invincible anyway since he was the reincarnation of the Dark One.

Maybe one of the Larian writers could explain it a bit more here? (pretty please...) laugh
Posted By: DeviRyuuD Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 16/11/09 10:35 AM
Uhm, actually, Dragon Knights have been working for the Black Ring all along. If you remember from Divine Divinity, the very first Black Ring member you encountered was a Dragon Knight, later on you stumbled upon more Dragon Knights, that were out there to kill you. I don`t know about the "backstabbing" that was mentioned in Divinity 2, prolly nobody knew that Dragon Knights were on the Black Rings side. In fact, Lovis is a great example of how bad Dragon Knights were, if you learnt the truth about him.
Posted By: virumor Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 16/11/09 11:00 AM
That's not really what I was talking about.

If Talana were a simple traitor, the plot would make sense. But the thing is that Talana seemed to be controlled by Ygerna from within the Hall of Echoes... that seems a bit far-fetched.
Posted By: swordscythe Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 17/11/09 05:20 PM
It wasn't Talana that was being controlled. You were. Ygerna says so. You were mentally in a very weak state because of the lapse in the Dragon Slayer ritual, which was Rhode's fault. Talana may have been controlled to some degree - coercing a dying Dragon Knight, the last of her kind, into giving another her power wouldn't have been too difficult - but not necessarily. Zandalor was wrong about the influence of the Soul Forge spell. I didn't see any big loopholes there. Ygerna's a powerful sorceress, yes, but more cunning than powerful. She abused your weak mental state to influence your thoughts - as you can easily tell from playing the game.

Therefore, also, turned out the Dragon Slayers were right all along. Dragon Knights should be exterminated, because they are extremely powerful, but still only possess the mind of a human, which is too easy to control. No man should have that kind of power, even to do good, as doing good may inadvertantly cause irreparable harm.

Anyway, I, for one, liked the ending.
Posted By: virumor Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 18/11/09 09:02 AM
I think now that due to the Soul Forge between Damian & Ygerna, Ygerna maybe shared Damian's power and was able to speak to you from within the Hall of Echoes... let alone take over the body of a dying Dragon Knight.
Posted By: sin Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 18/11/09 10:51 AM
Anybody has an idea why Damian Soul Forged his soul in the first place? Hi's suppose to be all powerful right? Why soul forged with a mere human? Wont that make him vulnerable? Don't tell me its the bullsh*t reason "to strengthen their love"...
Posted By: virumor Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 18/11/09 11:34 AM
To prevent Ygerna's death... but he was too late. If they had been soul forged before her head was severed from her body, she would've been invulnerable just as Damian... Damian being the Damned One incarnate and all.
Posted By: sin Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 18/11/09 02:04 PM
I see. So with a soul forge Damian would share some of his power (Laiken was more powerful than the demon he was soul forged). What else bugs me is: Was Ygerna literally controlling the Dragon Knight or just manipulating/deceiving him and Zandalor?
Posted By: swordscythe Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 18/11/09 05:02 PM
deceiving and manipulating. She didn't move your cursor wink
Posted By: sin Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 18/11/09 06:56 PM
But the game didn't offer you critical choices either. Whatever you do it always leads to the same result frown Thou I suppose your death could be considered alternative ending :P
Posted By: virumor Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 18/11/09 10:56 PM
The entire quest was hopeless -- if you die, Damian wins. If you lose, Damian wins. :p
Posted By: DeviRyuuD Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 19/11/09 09:49 AM
More like, if you die - Damian wins, if you ressurect Ygerna - Ygerna & Damian win.
Posted By: sin Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 19/11/09 10:35 AM
I never played Divine Divinity. Is there a connection between the stories? Someone mention that the Dragon Knights worked for the Black Ring?? In Divinity II after you become a dragon you were annihilating flying fortresses all by yourself. My question is: Was every Dragon Knight as powerful as the hero from Divinity II?? The end bosses of the game were Zandalor and the Divine. You beat them both (+ all of the guards)! Was that their true strength or they were "defective" being a memory xD
Posted By: DeviRyuuD Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 19/11/09 11:16 AM
I may have been wrong about Dragon Knights, they were Dragon Riders in DD. However in Divinity 2, it is said that the one who killed the Divine was a Dragon Knight.
Lol at the last few sentences. I doubt it. They are all human, except Zandalor, whose race is wizard race, as said in DD.
Posted By: virumor Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 19/11/09 11:57 AM
If all Dragon Knights were as powerful as the player character at the end of the game, I can't even understand how Dragon Slayers ever managed to kill even one Dragon Knight...

It's a pity, actually, that there was no fight with Commander Rhode. She annoyed me endlessly.
Posted By: Macbeth Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 19/11/09 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by sin
I never played Divine Divinity. Is there a connection between the stories?

Yes there is and you can read about it on the Divinity II website. [Click 'Game', then 'The Story'. It's in three parts.] smile
Posted By: swordscythe Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 20/11/09 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by virumor
If all Dragon Knights were as powerful as the player character at the end of the game, I can't even understand how Dragon Slayers ever managed to kill even one Dragon Knight...

It's a pity, actually, that there was no fight with Commander Rhode. She annoyed me endlessly.
I loved Rhode. I wish there had been a romantical involvement. That would've been even more awesome.
Posted By: virumor Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 20/11/09 08:54 AM
Hmm... does she act differently toward the player if you're a male character?

I played as a female and she was quite hateful near the end. Lol.
Posted By: swordscythe Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 20/11/09 09:01 AM
Well, near the end, she is quite hateful, but I gotta love a strong-willed woman like that. I admired her steadfastness, really. Turns out she was right too. They should've let her kill me.
Posted By: virumor Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 20/11/09 09:08 AM
Nothing can kill you near the end of the game, and even so Damian would win anyway... since you're so powerful near the end, you're still theoretically "the only hope" of victory.

Rhode's just a mindless fanatic.
Posted By: swordscythe Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 20/11/09 09:26 AM
Nah. She was so fanatic because she felt betrayed that you were tainted by the dragon. And there's always hope. Just for your quest, they opened rifts that caused the downfall of Aleroth, and then by your doing, Damian was reunited with Ygerna. Things would look much less dark if you had remained a Dragon Slayer.

Besides... If Rhode killed Talana, I wouldn't really say she has no chance against me. Especially as love would stay my hand :p

I like the perspective given by the Elder dragon though. Things are fleeting. You may be locked away in the hall of echoes, but you're not truly dead yet. Perhaps there is a chance for you and the Divine after all, though the outlook is grim.

There's still hope.

Zandalor may yet figure it out.
And whatever happened to Maxos... wink
Posted By: sin Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 20/11/09 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by swordscythe
I loved Rhode. I wish there had been a romantical involvement. That would've been even more awesome.

Yeah, when you encountered Rhode for the firs time as a DK even thou she sentence you to death, she returns the sword that Arben gave you. That was so cool xD But the game was too short for romantical involvement frown Anyway I'm glad she's still alive 'n kickin'. She has an unfinished business with the DK so the must meat again (and hopefully not kill each other)

Originally Posted by Macbeth
Originally Posted by sin
I never played Divine Divinity. Is there a connection between the stories?

Yes there is and you can read about it on the Divinity II website. [Click 'Game', then 'The Story'. It's in three parts.] smile

Thanks Macbeth, I'll check it right away :)))
Posted By: virumor Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 20/11/09 11:38 AM
She probably gave back the sword because it was her own fault that you became a Dragon Knight in the first place and she felt guilty about it. If she had kept you more close, nothing would have happened (but it would make for not a very exciting game).

And so she failed her task again... she was too weak to do finish the job herself while you were still not powerful enough to be able to kill her (most likely). :P

By the end of the game, she would have no chance at all (like everyone else, save the Elder Dragon & Damian, perhaps).
Posted By: swordscythe Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 20/11/09 12:11 PM
She just left it up to the others because she knew, once she looked into your eyes, she could not have steeled herself to finish it.
Posted By: sin Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 20/11/09 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by virumor
She probably gave back the sword because it was her own fault that you became a Dragon Knight in the first place and she felt guilty about it. If she had kept you more close, nothing would have happened (but it would make for not a very exciting game).

I think she gave you the sword cause it was rightfully yours. And it was not her fault that you became a DK. She ordered you to stay behind in order to protect you, to stay safe in the village. A newly created not complete Slayer will definitely get toasted against a dragon. You disobeyed her others and Talana/Ygerna got you. She felt betrayed by that and got pissed which is understandable. And the fact that she didn't kill you herself near the Temple was cute :))) On your second meeting in Aleroth she's furry-ous (hot! xD). Well, not only did you betrayed her but you also killed her man and a true Dragon Slayer would rather sepuko than accept the dragon xD
Posted By: mr.stoner Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 20/11/09 07:59 PM
well, i she really louses any chances to defet you when you hit around lvl 24 amybe 26. After all even at that time you are allredy a threat to Damian, any by the time you hit lvl 28 you can take down a entire stone fortress all by yourself,so preaty much your a one men army. Also it is entaerly her fault for you bekoming a DK, SHE is the one that left you in the villige without a proper dragon slayer teacher, after all you shold be in the academy still, and she took the sword from you, witch could frankly save your ass from teh evil dragon off doom, also she just seid "go and help some villigers" while she well knew that there are undead around the tower and frankly you would be proboly sent the clear them out, and if that was not enouf after they have hurt the dragon, and thought that she was dead instead of sending a dragon slayer to make shure you were ok and continiue your trening she desided to camp.....in front of the Maxos temple.....and she did not even celar the wey for you. Also it is your fault that moust of the criminals are dead and olmost all evil plots are broken in moust of the world....how can she be mad at you? you even got your own tower that you prayed from a necromansers heands!!!
Posted By: sin Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 21/11/09 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by mr.stoner
well, i she really louses any chances to defet you when you hit around lvl 24 amybe 26. After all even at that time you are allredy a threat to Damian, any by the time you hit lvl 28 you can take down a entire stone fortress all by yourself,so preaty much your a one men army.

Gameplay wise you can't fight ground monsters as a dragon. You encounter Slayers 26-27 lvl, She is the Slayer Commander so she should be higher, try going to Stone Flying Fortress at lvl 26. It shouldn't be easy fighting the fortress commander. Story wise she (and a few weak Slayers) wasted Talana (probably in her dragon form) so she must be tough laugh Threat to Damian? Hardly... More like a nuisance. If he considered you a threat he would've destroyed you single-handedly in one of his "visits" :P Don't forget that those fortresses you destroyed were just a "small fraction" of his empire wink

Also it is entaerly her fault for you bekoming a DK, SHE is the one that left you in the villige without a proper dragon slayer teacher, after all you shold be in the academy still, and she took the sword from you, witch could frankly save your ass from teh evil dragon off doom, also she just seid "go and help some villigers" while she well knew that there are undead around the tower and frankly you would be proboly sent the clear them out, and if that was not enouf after they have hurt the dragon, and thought that she was dead instead of sending a dragon slayer to make shure you were ok and continiue your trening she desided to camp.....in front of the Maxos temple

Like she said in the beginning "the time is less than perfect" and she explains what the situation is. A dragon appeared and she has a few men with her. She can't spare any teachers for you but you should be OK for a day in the village right? The Slayer is not a kid so perhaps Rhode didn't think he needs a babysitter all the time :P But in order for the story to continue the Slayer (You) must s*rew up and go to the place marked on the map where the Slayer "shouldn't" go. That's why the Slayer (turned DK) doesn't have a proper replay to Rhode's question "What are you doing here?!" Btw you never did have a chance to use any of your weapons against Talana so Arben’s sword wouldn't make difference on the outcome wink

.....and she did not even celar the wey for you.

It's a game, It's suppose to be hard getting to the temple xD Not to mention she wasn't expecting you...

Also it is your fault that moust of the criminals are dead and olmost all evil plots are broken in moust of the world....how can she be mad at you? you even got your own tower that you prayed from a necromansers heands!!!

Ok, lets say you pick all the positive choices. Lets not forget that Damian turns his wrath and obliterates Broken Valley cause of you, All the outside people in Sentinel Island also died cause of you and a lot more innocent people will die in the near future cause of you (resurrecting Ygerna, making Damian invincible).Nevertheless Rhode doesn't know that. It's not like she's monitoring your every move or something xD All she knows is that a Slayer turned to a "Betrayer" smile
Posted By: wagnerdm Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 31/12/10 04:52 PM
Man I didnt like the fact that you cant choose if you remain a Dragon Slayer or if you want to become a Dragon Knight, I think it would be better if we had a choice between the Dragon Slayers and the Knights.
Posted By: vometia Re: Just finished game [SPOILERS] - 31/12/10 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by wagnerdm
Man I didnt like the fact that you cant choose if you remain a Dragon Slayer or if you want to become a Dragon Knight, I think it would be better if we had a choice between the Dragon Slayers and the Knights.

I think that would've been interesting. I'm not sure how it could've been done with the way the story panned out... but then again, I'm not a story-writer. It does make for a compelling "what if..." though.
© Larian Studios forums