Larian Studios
Aleroth, once a war-torn city, now holds the next challenges for computer role playing gamers. Rivellon, the world of div2, is still not safe. In Divinity II: Flames of Vengeance, the game’s add on, players must face the evil once more.

"The player picks up the story of the dragon knight and guides him to his ultimate destiny. Along the way several accounts are settled, and the answers to many questions in the Divinity universe revealed.", Swen Vincke, Creative Director and CEO of the development team Larian Studios, explains.

But not only the story of the dragon will be continued, the engine has experienced a solid overhaul as well, improving performance and graphics along the way.

Divinity II: Flames of Vengeance will be released in Q4 2010 for PC and on Xbox Live™ Marketplace.
My dearest Betty,

Would you slide over close to me and whisper in my ear what date you were referring to in this statement pleaseeeee! hug

Divinity II: Flames of Vengeance will be released in Q4 2010 for PC and on Xbox Live™ Marketplace.

My dearest Dragonbane,

I'm deeply sorry to tell you that I can't tell you right now.
aargh Ah, gotcha!!!! I thought that was a typo!!! thankyou
Swen says August/September they're aiming for!
Swen said that announce about FEW games in Divinity Universe should be in 2009 back then. But as you can see...
wooot just what i've been waiting for an addon for my favourate game hurrah a second chance to kicked the damned one and his succubus back all the way to hell can't wait!! laugh
Thank you for the BIG news, Betty! smile
With all do respect dtp Betty, you are a TEASE!

*Tapping foot on floor, arms crossed tightly around chest - waiting impatiently for the next wonderful adventure*
I'm sooooooo sorry... wink
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
THANK YOU GOD
and of course larian
Eh.... Raven, did not you say you hated the game?
It's a love-hate relationship...
Originally Posted by Axel
It's a love-hate relationship...

Well said. bow

Personally, I have high hopes for the add-on. Divinity 2 took me beyond all my expectations regarding the game. Good work, indeed. We need more such games.
Its not tha I hate
I just don"t like
but I have some unfinished job with fellow called Damian and his little who*e
I can't link to it because I'm at work and saw it on my Blackberry, but RPGwatch.com has an official news item/press release that narrows the release date to August 2010, which is technically Q3, not Q4.
I assume this is the page you ment Shea?
Originally Posted by isorun
I assume this is the page you ment Shea?

Probably, what I meant was I can't access it to link to it. Coporate security crap smile Thanks
I peeeped it for you :P
Good news this add-on Flames of Vengeance!!
I'm curious I can go with this add-on to more places like IN Aleroth city go in houses and/or explore more area in Aleroth, that would be very great thing!!
Or go in the "Proper Fort" ... ?
Explore a whole new area?
A more seemless world: I CAN go back to Rivellon after entering the Hall of Echoes : will be very great!! smile

And yeah biggrin ... I too wish I can give Damian and Ygerna a good lesson/killing blow evil

But 30 extra quests + more gameplaytime (for me: 15 hours = at least dubble: 30!)
is for sure a great thing!!

Question:
If Flames of Vengeance comes out:
can I download it for free? smirk
Originally Posted by Joram
Question:
If Flames of Vengeance comes out:
can I download it for free? smirk

I'm pretty sorry, but this is an AddOn and it will cost you a little money, but it also will bring you lots of Aleroth. smile
Okay,
so comes it only out in "download-format"?
Or can I buy this AddOn also in a gameshop? wink

More to see of Aleroth is great laugh !
It's an expansion/add-on, not a DLC. So there should be a physical copy.

I'm not one for online distribution.
Overreaction wink
VERY good news indeed!

I enjoyed the game very much (1000/1000 achievement points wink ), even though it has it's share of bugs. But an overhaul of the engine and the NPC character models sounds like I'm in for starting a new character up come august. smile

I'll buy this on launch day. Yay!

celebrate cheer groovy

thankyou thankyou claphands
not sure whether to ask here but does anybody have the smallest inkling on whether the areas (Brokenvalley) which had been intoxicated by Damian will become available again? I just really liked the area especially maxos temple anyway if nobody knows im sure my questions will be answered soon enough.
Yes! grin

Very cool.

And it's good to see Larian supporting both versions with an expansion.

Btw, Betty, any news on a North American release for Venetica yet?
Oh, I should've asked - what territories are DTP covering here w/ their publishing of The Flames of Vengeance expansion?

European?
UK?
North American?
German?
Any others?
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
Swen says August/September they're aiming for!

If thats what they are aiming for I just hope the add on will be ready next year... I think people would rather wait a little longer and see a better and longer game/addon. You have big potencial and talent, so please don't spoile it with bugs and lack of time. I had a feeling that the unexpected and probably unfinished ending of DD2 was intentional due to he close date of realease and other fan and press pressure, and than you came up with the idea of doing this add on later at the cost of DD2 ending. If you really want to be great give us your biggest masterpiece!!! I know you can do it and if a fan is true he can wait for it.

Regards smile
Tulkas
About the Ending.
I dont think that was the ending due those reasons at all.
Thats just how the game ended, they probably had it planned that way.

You've got to think about Budget.
So they can't just make 30+ Hour Standalone Expansion to please us.
I wonder if in the expansion there is more to unarmed combat? smile lets say some weapon like stuff (eg. knuckles)? smile
Maybe a "Ring" with sharp peaks on it to do more damage as you fight unarmed? wink

"The fighters Ring of Bleeding" or something with ...
+ 5 to Melee Damage
+ 3 to Strength

A empty charmslot
An empty enchantmentslot
or the enchantment "Bleeding" or something? Or with Poison Aura on?

Just my fantasy! biggrin
Suggestion list is here :P
[Linked Image]

I repeat,..

[Linked Image]
The big question is whether the add-on will be released internationally from the get go, or again first in Germany... smirk
"Language hack" ftw? :P
let's hope they will include english dialogs aswell.
I think it'll be released the same time.
At least for consoles since they doing it via XBL.
Lets hope they do release for consoles unlike the EU PATCH PROMISED FOR EU CUSTOMERS!
Why so RAEG? :p It's a gamedev, promises doesn't work here :P
Well they should.
Anyway.
Should hopefully finish DivII by August then I'll be ready to play Flames Of Vengance.
Larian dont release it buggy I beg you!

Wonder If theres new areas to explore?
New Achievements.
Hmm... btw, there is no confirmed info about the addon's release format: will it be standalone or "real" addon?
Its not standalone Lar confirmed that.

"there was a bit of lost in translation going in Moscow, let me explain a bit more what I was trying to tell wink

-We're working on improving performance, fluidity and solving whatever bugs still remained in the original game.
-We've increased the graphics quality in the expansion
-We're correcting some design issues people've had with the original game (e.g. impact of level on combat)
-The expansion offers more than 30 new and interesting quests (at this moment 36)
-In the Moscow presentation we showed off a couple of quests to make the point
-The story starts in the astral plane where you ended div2 and brings you back to the city of Aleroth, which is now "open for business"
-You can start right away in the expansion area with a character you get to build in the character customisation screen, or you can continue playing from an old save-game. When the original story ends, you will then seamlessly continue into the expansion area, and to a player it will feel like a natural progression of the story.
-One design goal was to provide a similar experience as the first part of the game
-Another design goal was to allow you to become a really powerful dragon knight
-It's not a standalone add-on

We basically had three goals with the expansion pack:

1. If you haven't played div2 yet, then you are in for a major experience when you play through the original game and continue into the expansion pack.
2. If you played div2 already, then you are going to see the closing of many character arcs that were still open, get the opportunity for revenge if you felt bad at the end, and discover answers to questions you might've had.
3. Several people had comments about the game saying things like "if only this and that", so we tried to take care of the "if only this and that".

It's scheduled for an august/september release and that looks pretty solid as at this point the entire expansion pack is already playable. On that note, we're looking for testers which I think Lynn will announce soon."

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=407386&fpart=2
will we be able to go further on the map or is the map expanding? like more areas, or is this just like 3 extra plot quests, and nothin that special? can u give us an in depth what this expansion does, more areas, more people, or just lil things?? cuase i would like to know if its worth getting. will there be more expansions after it? more levels?? stronger enemies? better gear? more unforgettable moments?

i ask this cause mostly you just say the story continues, but how far, and that the graphics go up, nothing about new areas, im not askin for spoilers, i just want to know if i get this expansion when it comes out, will it be worth it at the time or should i wait till the next, how many hours of gameplay would this expansion be? short or long like the game itself?
Some of larian's weird mentioned Aleroth gonna be a lot bigger wink i just hope the areas they add gonna be eye candy (liked the view in Broken Valley) laugh
Originally Posted by LithStud
Some of larian's weird mentioned Aleroth gonna be a lot bigger wink i just hope the areas they add gonna be eye candy (liked the view in Broken Valley) laugh

Where may I ask?
Macbeth said so I believe. Can't rememebr which thread tho.

@ Lar\Lynn

Information about DX11 support was correct as well?
i just hope when they do the expansion that it takes down the anti dragon zone on aleroth, they already know your a dragon knight right lol, you should be allowed to fly over it =P
wow this game is awsome i really look forward to its new add on i hate it that i cant be a dragon no more......from what was told do u get out of the crystal your trapted in?

You do get out of the crystal.

Where was it said you would no longer be able to transform into a dragon? It is based in Aleroth, from what we know so far, but that doesn't mean there will not be any places that you can transform in.

Welcome to the forum. wave
well i didnt mean you dont get to transform back but what i ment to say will there be more areas that we can go to without the damn anti dragon barriers and open up more areas than just aleroth city.
err well again my falt what i ment to say was im traped and cent leave the hall of echos and and cant transform :P
Wrong topic than :P But I'll anwser your question:

After You enter the hall of echoes you have to pass it as a dragon and find "Ygerna's memory ball".
When you enter it you will transform into your human form again to finish the final battle.

Originally Posted by Raze

You do get out of the crystal.

how? :hihi:
Originally Posted by Tulkas

how? :hihi:

Damian sneezes this way accidentally weakening the crystal bindings and we show our awesome powers breaking loose laugh

or....

Bellegar frees us just to make fun of Damian or whatever his reason (i guess nobody knows what Bellegar plots rpg007 )
im guessing you couldent find out and you made up those very funny ways

The most logical way to escape would be for Zandalor to finally clue in when Damian and Ygerna take out the fjords harbour, and come looking for you. It is possible the Divine and dragon knight could combine their abilities to escape, but however arrogant the badguys may be, it seems unlikely Damian could trap the Divine for so long and Ygerna get herself resurrected, but combined they fail to anticipate a joint effort in breaking out.

Perhaps ZixZax finally gets the teleporter stones back, and tracks down the Divine for an update?

The most logical way to escape would be for Zandalor to finally clue in when Damian and Ygerna take out the fjords harbour, and come looking for you. It is possible the Divine and dragon knight could combine their abilities to escape, but however arrogant the badguys may be, it seems unlikely Damian could trap the Divine for so long and Ygerna get herself resurrected, but combined they fail to anticipate a joint effort in breaking out.

Perhaps ZixZax finally gets the teleporter stones back, and tracks down the Divine for an update?

im still all for the Bellegar idea
I was wondering will this be a seperate world from Divinity II?
Or will it be intertwined in the original Divinity II world?
I'd rather wait if it's not since i don't think i would feel like playing the entire game again to fully explore Flames of Vengeance

An example of a seperate world expansion is Shivering Isles for Oblivion.

Thanks in advance

In the add-on you escape from the prison and get back to Aleroth, at least. No other details have been mentioned AFAIK about any previous or new areas you will have access to.

If you do not keep a save from the end of the game to use, you can start the add-on with a new character.
I had to register here, having just finished the game, to post a comment.

After playing Dragon Age and hungry for a new RPG I found Divinity 2, first there was elation, and then massive dissapointment when I finished the game, and now, I am elated once again.

I had major problems getting D2 to run on my gaming PC, but I loved it so much that I pressed on, and for all it's faults I could forgive everything but the ending.

Getting betrayed, and traped, is all fine with me knowing it's not some half-assed ending, and only an arc in the story. It's like a breath of fresh air, when I had finished Divinity 2 I had no desire to ever touch it again, because I knew no matter what I did I would get the same ending. Now, I will probably play through it again just because of this coming Expansion.
I felt quite the same as SpikeA, but i have played a second time because i red a lot of info about character optimalization and created a melee/mage class. I had again a lot of fun but playing time was shorter. I think this ad-on will get me so far to play it all over again smile
thank you larian!
It seems like it's better to wait for the Add on because you get improved graphics & performance. + (More patches?)
It's also more conviennent to play them both at once.
Will there be a retail that includes Divinity II + Flames of Vengeance?
Why not? Some "golden edition" or "anthology", etc.
Originally Posted by FallenAssassin
[quote=Raze]
im still all for the Bellegar idea

Yeah! Bellegar is crazy! laugh
Like that dude ^^
You can always play the game again without saving Yherna laugh
That would be a happy ending ^^
Plllleeeeeeeaaassse add a block button. Haha.

With that said I really enjoyed the game and I'm excited for the add on.
ahh i see.. hmm.. played divinity 2 only... can somebody tell me what is divine divinity and beyond divinity? are they like connected to divinity 2 : ego draconis?

In Divine Divinity you play the character that eventually becomes the Divine One and mostly saves the world. Beyond Divinity is set about 20 years later in a world Damian was banished to; his eventual return to Rivellon started the war between good and evil where the Divine was supposedly killed, and dragons became the focus of attention for hunting down and killing, rather than the Black Ring.

can someone sum up the story

In Divine Divinity you play the character that eventually becomes the Divine One and mostly saves the world. Beyond Divinity is set about 20 years later in a world Damian was banished to; his eventual return to Rivellon started the war between good and evil where the Divine was supposedly killed, and dragons became the focus of attention for hunting down and killing, rather than the Black Ring.

can someone sum up the story

Thanks that helped as I didn't play previous games.
i hope they make this one end happer becouse i love becomeing so important lol helping every one and killing stuff....
will the expansion be a continuation from the main game, as in, will we be able to load our current characters and continue or is it a stand-alone thing?

The add-on (which is not stand-alone) picks up where the main game left off (playing them together it would be a seamless transition), and you will be able to go back to Aleroth (no other locations have been mentioned as being available or not).
You will be able to load a save from the end of the main game and continue with that character, or create a new one.
I wish to make a new one and play Ego Draconis AND Flames of Vengeance one by one, seamless. delight

I hope I can explore in many houses in Aleroth claphands and also great new aera's for a battle in dragonform! It will be great if I can fly across a kind of canyon and destroy Balista Towers, Evil Dragons etc ... go flying in dungeons will also be fun! I'm so very very curious how Flames of Vengeance go be continued biggrin

:hihi:

PS: let me be curious ... that's the best, hahaha
I cannot wait for the DLC - I will be reviewing it at Xboxer360.com :]
It is not a DLC tho, it's an addon. Will be released in retail form as well.
Has that been confirmed?
To be honest since they dont really have stable Distributors in some regions I'm doubting a Disc Version I could be wrong though...

DLC=Downloadable Content so therefore it can be classed as DLC If somebody wanted to....

The PC version may get a retail release (don't think they specified), but on the Xbox it will be available through the Live Marketplace (so DLC).
DLC=Downloadable Content so therefore it can be classed as DLC If somebody wanted to....

It's can be classed as DLC just because it's downloadable. All steam games are downloadable - do they all DLC too? No, lol.
Maybe Maxos comes back and with his new found "knowledge" (or "power" according to his journal..) decides to save the Dragon Knight (you) as a thank you to the Dragons for helping him gain all this power/knowledge.

Either way, I hope that they don't make Zandalor save you from the crystal. That would be dumb, mostly cause:

a) He couldn't even save his closest friend, Divine after being with him for so long. Didn't sense Divine being trapped and alive all this time.

b) In comparison, he was with the new Dragon Knight (the player) for like 5-10 mins). So unless he hid a magical tracker in your pants while you weren't looking, chances of him coming back to look for you, without even knowing whether you are alive or not, are really slim. What? You didn't think they tried to bring back Divine after he went through the.. umm.. portal, to the hall?

Player character and Divine working together to break the magic in the hall would make more sense in the end. Maybe Divine will channel his awesome cool powers automagically to your brain which will lead our Knight to unleash his/her mighty dragon form inside the crystal (sort of like HULK) breaking it apart. It will be an awesome cinematic (better than seeing that stupid wizard with his laughably bad Disney costume..).
So far I known, Maxos, the Dragon Knight, is already a dead dragon! I find his bones in a cave!
But maybe he "reincarnated"? wink
Originally Posted by Joram
So far I known, Maxos, the Dragon Knight, is already a dead dragon! I find his bones in a cave!
But maybe he "reincarnated"? wink

You are thinking Orabas (spell?). Maxos was the mage who was granted powers by the Dragons to make Dragon-Knights, even though he was just a human mage. He himself claimed to be interested only in knowledge itself (thought the dragon you meet in the fields said he saw the hunger of power in Maxos's eyes). Maxos, as far as I can remember, disappeared in the halls and no one knows what happened to him.

(In case I messed up the names, well, replace Maxos with whoever the mage was..)
Hmm ... You're right, I mess up the names smirk ! Orobas is the dead dragonbones I met :hihi: ... not Maxos!
Hmm ... sounds great to meet the Mage Maxos in the add-onn biggrin Who knowns? ...
Originally Posted by Kein

It's can be classed as DLC just because it's downloadable. All steam games are downloadable - do they all DLC too? No, lol.

Well you could If you wanted...
But DLC is mainly refereed to additional Game Content.
Calm down.
Well you could If you wanted...

But I do not? Devs mentioned the FoV as an addon, so why should I? Only retards do.
Just a heads up FOV will be shown at E3.
Any idea how much FOV will cost? hopefully no more than $9.99 or $14.99.(or whatever that is in MP's)
hmm its weird how no one will comment unless someone elts dose so ill start,dose any one have an update about release date?
Late Summer/Autumn-ish.
Thats all we know so far...
god i want this addon now! aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Quick question: Flames of Vengeance = new Soundtrack?
Yes there will be new music by the same composer.
cheer
I suggest going to the new site.
www.flamesofvengeance.com
acually there is gana be a shit ton from what i read
New updated engine for the DLC and the vanilla edition is a very good action from larian in order to keep supporting the players who bought D2. Even for the people who dont want to buy the Expansion, they will surely get a lot of added value in the patch for new eye-candy and updated stuff in their game.

A very very good move and i'm still amazed at this. If the engine "upgrade" is realy noticeable in the vanilla game, D2 just got a whole lot of added value and to think it was on sale for €30 or so its a complete bargain with updated support/patches.

Thumbs up, i'm surely gonna pre-order it as soon as its up.

you ouldent hapento have a estiment of how much the dlc will coast at the u.s im afraid the maby $20 mite be high €30 should be close to the u.s price of $20 right?
i hope they make the game playable after u beat it, thats my only problem with the game lol

and the dude above me... $20 high?.. bro advice get a job lol
im 15....also i was talking about it being in microsoft points in order for you to buy it dlc wise your gana have to buy 1600 witch is $20
Hoping they fixed the stuttering with the new engine update.
didnt noticed any stuttering hmmm well not that i remember
Will the the engine patch for vanilla D2 be released before the expansion?

I put this game off for others until the AA and such are fixed so it would be nice to see if the new engine fixes everything before I invest in the expansion.

There has been no official word on release dates for the patch or expansion. I'd guess they would be aiming to release both about the same time.
sadly but at the same time good for other the release date is October 2010 for eruop nothin on about u.s or g.b i dont think
Well hello to u all players of Divinity i want the english language addon so badly mad its so nasty to play a german language wen u dont understand it smile.Anyone know a date for that english addon release,because i heard about somthin it will be on november aargh or something like that. confused

No official date has been announced yet, just the mention in the FoV FAQ (all non-German versions of FoV to be released in November; DKS to be released in Europe in November).
I was hoping for good news and I am walking away with hurt feelings.

Uh Larian Studios [Linked Image]

see Status update
Thanks Raze. That was helpful and yet not considering I want my hands on it NOW =p

Cheers
Game is out! Woo Woo! laugh
Is somone going to ban this idiot spammer?
Indeed, BAN this idiot spammer !!
Go away "weerw" !!
Please go back to H**LL !!
Dragomist! WHERE? Please I've been gone and waiting for a year.
Can you post a link as to where I can purchase the expansion / add on etc etc PLEASE?

Please tell me it comes in English too?

Oh where please where!!!

I'm so excited!

OMG can't wait!

Found it, got it....off to play!!! Thanks much Larian!
© Larian Studios forums