Larian Studios
Posted By: Spizit Crazy Damage Ring - 15/06/08 10:39 AM
First off, let me say I am really enjoying this game and playing it for much longer than is healthy.

Found this crazy damage ring right by the graveyard/grave robbing quest. I didn't edit it or anything so it just must be a weird bug. If I wear it and strike an enemy the game freezes up. Thought it was neat enough to register an account and post a pic.

[Linked Image]

A question while I have your attention; is the run toggle supposed to stay on? I have to toggle it every time I start up the game.
Posted By: Raze Re: Crazy Damage Ring - 15/06/08 11:09 AM

Interesting ring...

The run toggle does not stay on between game sessions, unfortunately. You may already have discovered this yourself, but when loading your first save each session, you can hit the R button during the loading screen, rather than waiting until the save has finished loading.

Welcome to the forum. wave
Posted By: Spizit Re: Crazy Damage Ring - 16/06/08 05:54 AM
Thank you.

I have another question. Is there a way I can determine how many hours I have played? One way I think it could be figured out is to know how much real time passes in a game day. I am on day 48 so if 1 day = 1 hour I would have logged 48 hours. Do you know how much time passes in a game day?
Posted By: Raze Re: Crazy Damage Ring - 16/06/08 06:54 AM

From Total Time Playing:

"Leaving the game running for 25 minutes, just over 14 hours passed in the game. This works out to about 42.5 real minutes per game day. Multiplying the number of game days by 0.7 should give you a rough idea of the number of hours played (this counts time you slept in the game, but does not count playing time where you re-loaded to try quests different ways, etc)."
Posted By: Spizit Re: Crazy Damage Ring - 16/06/08 11:49 PM
Bah! I searched for time, hours, hour, night, length, and the total time playing thread didn't show up.

I'm a bit fuzzy on math so would you explain the numbers a bit? From your numbers I came up with 42.857 minutes for a game day and I am not sure why multiplying it by 0.7 makes sense instead of the minutes for a day. Thanks again.
Posted By: Raze Re: Crazy Damage Ring - 17/06/08 05:30 AM

The topic is more than 3 years old, so you would have had to have specifically searched for older topics to find it (ie search for topics newer than 6 years and older than 3). Searching for the exact topic title, there has only been one other link to that topic in the last three years.

The slightly different numerical results were from my using the exact game time originally, rather than the rounded down value of 14 hours.

Once you have the number of real minutes per game day (42.5) you need to divide by 60 to get the real hours per game day (0.7). Multiplying that value by the number of game days then gives you an approximate value for the real hours played.
Posted By: red_green Re: Crazy Damage Ring - 08/07/08 09:30 PM
Whats the stats on the ring? The pic gets resized on my screen and I can't make out the stats.
Posted By: Raze Re: Crazy Damage Ring - 09/07/08 01:32 AM

At least Opera and Firefox 3 will enlarge images when you zoom a web page. Alternately, you should be able to right click the image and copy it to the clipboard, and then paste it to an image viewer or editor to resize it.

In any case, the link will eventually expire, so here is the item description:

Plain Ring
Durability 10/10
Weight 5
Damage : 315068424-1549631552
© Larian Studios forums