Larian Studios
Posted By: DivineGamer Where did Richard Go? - 06/01/10 01:28 PM
I come out of a cave and there Richard is getting owned by Goblins.
I kill them all and hes gone again.

PS.Whats with that troll further down?
Posted By: Chrol Re: Where did Richard Go? - 08/01/10 11:38 PM
When and Where is this?

Richard walks between the Chapel and the Blacksmith's house.
Posted By: Willlem Re: Where did Richard Go? - 08/01/10 11:51 PM
I can't recall Richard fighting Goblins anywhere either. He always hangs around the Chapel and the Blacksmith in my game, or he's at the camp nearby the village.
Posted By: fireundubh Re: Where did Richard Go? - 18/01/10 03:49 AM
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
I come out of a cave and there Richard is getting owned by Goblins.
I kill them all and hes gone again.

In an early review of Divinity 2, the reviewer said that a certain NPC has to die while fighting goblins so you can take his "powerful" armor. Richard died during that battle, but I think the reviewer just got lucky because the armor he dropped for me was junk. UPDATE: You can save Richard, in which case he'll say he's going back to the village and he has another scheme in mind.

Originally Posted by DivineGamer
PS.Whats with that troll further down?

Those four Seekers had attacked the troll as part of their punishment for getting drunk, picking a fight with a Slayer (you), and embarrassing the Seekers. You can learn more about the mission by talking to the Lieutenant at the barracks--y'know, the guy who reprimanded the drunk Seekers.

Originally Posted by Willlem
I can't recall Richard fighting Goblins anywhere either.

You have to refuse his Hearttaker quest, and Richard will say he'll kill goblins himself and run off. (Of course, you won't be able to do his quest Hearttaker.) Later on, you'll encounter Richard in a goblin encampment, fighting more goblins than he can handle alone. He'll ask for help. You can either aid him and he'll live, so you can later do his second and third quests, or you can leave him to die, in which case you'll get random loot but no access to his follow-up quests.
© Larian Studios forums