Larian Studios
as the title says, i got the explosive barrels for the rockfall but when i used them they didn't blow it up, i can use the developers console to spawn me past it but that doesn't complete the quest and i have used it to get me some more barrels but i cant place them, any help? thanks in advance.

So you get the cutscene of your character putting down the explosives, but after you get control back they don't explode? You should just have a few seconds to move back up the stairs, or at least around the corner, to get out of range.

Are you playing in normal mode or the Developer Mode? Someone who had a problem getting killed in the explosion said they tried enabling god mode, but then the passage didn't get cleared (don't know if that meant the explosives didn't go off at all). In any case, try normal mode if you were in Developer Mode, or vise versa.

You could try reloading a save before placing the explosives and running the game in a window, or something, to see if that would make a difference with the cutscene.

If that doesn't help, email support@larian.com, with a description of the problem; with your save they should be able to fix whatever the problem is, or clear the passage and update the quest.
used 1 barrel and ran around the corner and nothing happened, tried again with the other barrel and same thing happened, and i dont have any other save to revert to, to try again

So you got a cutscene with both barrels of explosives? Only one should have been needed, with the other intended to optionally clear a short side branch of the path a little after the main cave-in.

You could try going to Broken Valley and/or the fjords, then return to Sentinel Island and see if getting the game to reload the area would help. Normally I'd recommend first loading an earlier save, but since you don't have one (did the autosave get overwritten?) your latest one will have to do.

I'm not sure what else might get the game to finish the cutscene or let you place more explosives, short of emailing support.
i place one barrel and it does the cutscene and i move back and it blows up but the rockfall doesnt get destroyed and ive went back to broken valley to do side quests and its still the same.
© Larian Studios forums