Larian Studios
Posted By: TaylorH Maps Revealing Too Much - 28/09/17 11:12 PM
Hey there, been reading the forum for quite a while but never really needed to post before. I searched but couldn't find this as a topic and unfortunately I think my game has been this way for far too long to just reload.

Basically, the maps are no longer allowing for the fog on other locations that they're supposed to have. The other times I've had this consistently happen was when I messed around with teleporter stone tossing. However, I haven't done that for a long time and had no issues with the maps until recently. I may have also had this bug happen before, but possibly reloaded an earlier save, although it was so long ago that its hard to remember.

For example, the Arakand garden is displayed north of Verdistis, where it physically is. In the Stormfist treasure room (when I first noticed it but hoped it was localized), it displayed all adjacent dungeons.

I would simply reload before this bug happened, but that could be days of progress at this point. It really ruins my immersion experience though and I'd like a solution to getting my maps working properly again.

Cheers
Posted By: TaylorH Re: Maps Revealing Too Much - 04/10/17 10:27 AM
I was doing things in the dark forest a few days ago and was able to repeat this bug by accident. Small quest spoilers below in case you don't want to read. It turns out that the bug didn't affect all my maps, just certain ones.

It happened again when I was looking for the Holy Grail. Walking into the portal to find the room was fine. But walking back out the same way triggered the bug and removed the map fog that prevents you seeing things that are supposed to be blacked out.
Posted By: Raze Re: Maps Revealing Too Much - 03/12/17 07:48 AM

You may be able to reset the fog of war for a particular map by deleting the associated shroud.* file in the save folder, or replacing it with one from an earlier save. Make a copy of your latest save before trying that.

Different file extensions are associated with different areas of the game;
.0 / .x0 = Aleroth, Ars Magicana, etc
.1 / .x1 = Verdistis, Council Hall
.2 / .x2 = Dark Forest
.3 / .x3 = Black Ring dungeons
.4 / .x4 = Wastelands
Posted By: TaylorH Re: Maps Revealing Too Much - 01/10/18 05:45 AM
Thanks for the response Raze smile

I'm sorry I didn't see it when you wrote it! But I saw you got back to me the other day, and I appreciate it!

Thank you!
© Larian Studios forums