Larian Studios

Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor

Posted By: Raze

Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 09/04/03 06:19 PM

This is a translation of a post by Barnabus in the german forum, who was assisted by Flash with a lot of the detail on locations. It describes how to change your character's position (using a hex editor to alter information stored in a file in the saved game folder), which will even let you return to Rivertown from the wastelands. Original post; Hex - Hexereien

NOTE: Either there is a data format difference between the English and German game versions, or Barnabus and myself do not entirely agree on the definition of horizontal and vertical. The coordinates taken from that post are listed here in the opposite order.

Please read this post through before attempting, and make sure you follow the steps below carefully.

You will need a hex editor for this, such as the freeware program Hackman (though for that editor you'll need to stick to verion 7.x; later freeware versions have a low file size limit).

exclamation Warning exclamation
  • A mistake, typo or out-of-range value when editing the data file can cause the game to either crash to desktop or completely lock up, forcing a re-boot. Make a backup before hex editing anything.
  • The data.000 file basically defines your character (stats, skills, experience points, class, gender, etc.) and keeps track of all NPC locations and status, in addition to storing your own location. Without a valid, working data.000 file, the saved game will be useless.

If you use this technique to explore, it could be handy to take both teleporter stones with you. If you end up in a place you shouldn't be, you may be able to toss a teleporter somewhere and teleport out. In some cases, it may not make sense to carry both, or it may not be possible.

Procedure

1) Save the game under a new name before attempting this, or make a copy of the saved game folder. It couldn't hurt to also make a backup of the data.000 file in the new saved/copied game folder.

2) Browse to the saved game folder you wish to modify '..\Divine Divinity\Run\savegames\NameOfSave', and open the data.000 file in a hex editor.

3) Search for the text string AgentsV (ASCII mode search), hex value 41 67 65 6E 74 73 56.

4) Just a bit below this will be the text string new npc; click on the 'c' and the corresponding hex value will be highlighted as well.

5) Immediately after this value is a constant 00 03 00 00 00. The next two bytes, 00 28, show the horizontal (east-west) position of your character, then a constant 00 00, followed by two bytes, 30 E4, showing the vertical (north-south) position.
  • The origin of the coordinate system used by the game is in the north west corner of the map, with the Y axis (vertical) being positive downwards. Increasing the value of the X coordinate (horizontal) will move your character to the east, while increasing the Y coordinate (vertical) will move south.
  • In each two byte pair of data, the second byte has a much greater effect on position than the first. This allows the game to store exact character positions, but if you are just trying get past a wall, etc. you may not need the worry about the first byte at all.

6) The value that indicates which map you are on is further down in the file. In Hackman click on the arrow button at the bottom of the scroll bar to move down the file one 'page' at a time; don't try to drag the scroll bar or click below it, you will go past the spot you need.

A couple pages below the new npc will be two lines of FF. After the second line, there will be a constant 00 00 00 00, followed by a repeat of the X and Y character positions. Do not change these values, or the game will crash. This is followed by a constant 00 00 and then the map indicator 00.
  • 00 - Farmlands
  • 01 - Verdistis and Council Hall
  • 02 - Dark Forest
  • 03 - Black Ring dungeon
  • 04 - Wastelands

7) After making the required changes, save and close the file. You do not have to shut down the hex editor if you want to play around with this, but you should close the file so the editor and game are not trying to access the file at the same time.

8) Start Divinity (if required) and load the game. If all went according to plan, you should now be somewhere else, hopefully where you were aiming. :winkwink:

And since a picture is worth a thousand words.....

Below are the maximum values of the coordinates for each corner of each map. You will not be able to use every value between these, and trying to exceed them will cause the game to crash. The underground level of the wastelands and the ground level of the Black Ring dungeon are not used in the game.

Maximum X,Y coordinates for the NW, NE, SW and SE corners of each map are shown in the corresponding corners of the map's cell (NW=top left, etc.)

. Map .

Ground Level

Underground

X: 00 03
Y: 50 02

X: 00 7E

X: 60 03
Y: 90 7D

X: E0 7D
Y: B0 7D

Y: F0 7E

Y: F0 7E

Y: F0 FD

Y: 30 7A

Y: 30 7A

Y: F0 7D

Y: F0 7D

X: 80 03

Y: 30 02

Y: 50 7D

Y: 90 7D

Y: 10 80

Y: F0 7F

X: 20 03
Y: 10 03

X: A0 7C

X: C0 7C

Y: 30 03

Y: 30 03

Y: B0 7E

Y: B0 7E

Y: D0 81

Y: 90 81

A few locations;

Map 00 ; X=20 61 ; Y=30 B5 -> Dreamworld
Map 00 ; X=60 4B ; Y=F0 38 -> small treasure room in the castle
Map 00 ; X=40 76 ; Y=F0 8B -> and the church has to hide something after all wink
Map 01 ; X=40 28 ; Y=D0 82 -> cellar in the house of Dante
Map 01 ; X=60 15 ; Y=F0 84 -> cellar room beneath Verdistis guard house
Map 01 ; X=40 11 ; Y=30 84 -> Cellar room under house of Martin
Map 01 ; X=40 0D ; Y=D0 86 -> cellar room under Lucius
Map 01 ; X=A0 0C ; Y=90 84 -> cellar room south of Corinna's house
Map 01 ; X=40 E0 ; Y=70 83 -> cellar room above Dante's house
Map 01 ; X=C0 32 ; Y=10 81 -> cellar room in Patrick's house
Map 01 ; X=60 2C ; Y=30 96 -> Penumbras SM-Studio shame
Map 04 ; X=40 25 ; Y=00 8A -> a dungeon in the Wastelands

Other locations, mostly mundane.
Some of these are intended as an alternate method for the bugs described in;
FIX for the Missing Catacombs Portal.

Map
X
Y
20 6E
90 1E
Ars Magicana teleporter
40 18
90 99
catacombs portal, at stairs down to level 2
C0 3B
90 3E
castle armoury (dragon shield)
A0 70
70 26
Elrath's house, inside door, front room
A0 5D
70 89
Elrath's house, down stairs
00 58
D0 8C
Elrath's house, down stairs, lab
80 13
50 14
Mardaneus' house, inside front door
E0 4F
70 29
Nericons garden, inside gate
00 53
D0 87
Nericons garden, treasure room (portal)
~
80 16
10 8B
Ducal inn, under hatch
A0 1C
50 8B
Ducal inn, past the thieves' guild door
20 6C
70 E0
gong, in the council hall
00 32
F0 2F
imp world, entrance (bee / wasp garden)
80 41
90 1F
imp's house, inside
C0 55
F0 60
Verdistis teleporter
~
80 33
D0 0C
easter egg, at portal stone
80 39
70 09
treasure cave entrance
40 57
B0 3D
warrior's guild teleporter
~
20 3E
50 D5
black ring, down the stairs at entrance
~
60 75
10 77
black ring entrance
80 6D
B0 7A
past swamp, SW corner of island
A0 1C
90 2D
wastelands, start location

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 05/05/03 04:28 AM

X = A0 68 ; Y = B0 92 ; map 00 - level 5 of the Aleroth Catacombs, before the door leading to Thelyron's tomb, etc

X = 00 42 ; Y = D0 92 ; map 00 - castle treasure room, just past the door (room with gems)

X = 80 29 ; Y = 30 93 ; map 01 - under the hatch in the house in where Goemoe gets imprisoned

X = 20 6F ; Y = 90 DD ; map 01 - scrying room in the council hall

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 10/05/03 06:03 PM

Boratus' cellar
X = 80 1D ; Y = D0 A7 ; map 02 - at the stairs
X = A0 1E ; Y = 30 A9 ; map 02 - in the cow's cell
Posted By: nntp

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 11/05/03 07:41 AM

I don't understand why people cheat. Not judging or anything, but doesn't it take the fun, and partially the challenge out of the game?

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 11/05/03 06:49 PM

Check the Map has gone back to black and Solution for patch and disappearing maps topics. This procedure has been used to work around bugs more than it has for cheating.
Also, I can't think of a useful way to cheat with this. It will get you into a couple places you wouldn't otherwise be able to go (like those taken out of the game), but other than picking up a little bit of 'unreachable' loot, there is little benefit in using it to try to cheat.
Posted By: zemis

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 17/05/03 07:31 PM

Anyone have the hex code for Iona's dungeon (Anywhere)? My game suffered the black map of death and my previously opened graveyard exit from her dungeon is now reset! I want to get in there again to create the holy weapon.
thanks in advance,
Zemis the dwarf.

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 17/05/03 09:53 PM

Downloading the key for Nericon's garden may/should open the graveyard gate (it would in v1.32, I have not tested this with a v1.32 key in a game started with v1.34).
Lost Items - guide and directory of inventory files

Otherwise, save the game at the graveyard gate. When hex editing, leave the X value as is, and reduce the Y value to move yourself north. In Windows' Calculator, switch to hex mode (Scientific View), type in the second pair of numbers in the Y value, switch to decimal mode, subtract 15 (or so), switch back to hex mode, and use that value for your new character position. You could also just guesstimate the Y value, but unless you are familiar with hex values, switching to decimal will give you a better idea of how much change in the coordinates will move your character.

X = 00 53 ; Y = B0 12 ; map 00 - in the graveyard, at the exit from Iona's dungeon

Posted By: zemis

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 18/05/03 02:08 AM

Thanks for the fast reply Raze,

I can get into the graveyard ok, however, the problem is that the trigger which opens the hole in the ground leading out/in from Iona's dungeon was reset. If someone has the coordinates to any spot in the Iona dungeon (or can load up a save from there and jot it down?) I would be quite thankful.

(I made the mistake of moving my old saves out to another folder and deleted them. I won't do that one again!)
much appreciated,
Zemis the dwarf.

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 18/05/03 05:04 AM

X = E0 64 ; Y = 70 E5 ; map 00 - Iona's dungeon, level 1, in the room with the chest where you get your stuff back
Posted By: Synikal

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 21/05/03 03:54 AM

Hey Raze, you have the coordinates for the lower levels of Ionas dungeon? I never did finish of the creature down there and now when I Hex into the upper levels, the stairs next to the book leading down are gone.

Thanks pal

S.

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 22/05/03 04:47 AM

Map
X
Y
C0 64
30 86
orc camp, in Kroxy's cell
00 3B
30 E3
Iona's dungeon, level 1, at the exit to the graveyard
40 6F
70 D9
Iona's dungeon, level 2, at the stairs from level 1
40 76
70 C4
Iona's dungeon, level 3, at the cave entrance down to Iona's pet
~
20 67
10 DF
council hall, imp's room west of the gong
00 3D
30 65
Malcolm's house, in the bedroom by the cupboard
~
C0 2A
10 76
past the orc barricade south of the elven village
A0 27
F0 6E
at the entrance to Josephine's cave
A0 4C
B0 CF
dwarven mines, level 2, at the stairs before the sentry
E0 23
30 DF
under warrior's guild, room with the Kaa Gent scroll

Posted By: Zargon

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 30/05/03 03:16 PM

I've Done everything you said with the hex editor and managed to find the correct map - mine is 03 the dungeon i wanna go to the farmlands which is 01. I want to do this because i skipped half the game because i thought that when i became divine i would be able to go back and finish things off.

However iv'e never used a hex editor before and i have absolutely no idea on how to change the value from 03 to 01 i imagend i would just click on it a type it in but this is not the case. I'e tryed subtracting things and inserting thngs but no joy, can anyone tell me how you change the value pls.

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 30/05/03 05:17 PM

In Hackman, you can just select (click on) the value you want to change and type the new value.
Other hex editors may require a right click or double click on the value to bring up an edit box, or may open files in read-only mode by default, requiring an option be changed for editing. If you are using Hackman, try again; if not, check the help file.

PS when you go to the wastelands, your quest log gets cleared. This could just be cosmetic, but you may or may not be able to complete previous quests after returning to Rivertown this way.
Posted By: LewsTherinKinslayer13

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 30/05/03 10:40 PM

What are the special locations? How do you get them? NOT all THAT MATH! nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 30/05/03 11:12 PM

You mean the location in the data.000 file to change your character's position? Unfortunately, it requires a search for the specified text string, looking for more text after that, and counting bytes to determine the positions of the X, Y and map values.
Posted By: Jurak

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 04/07/03 07:35 AM

sh#t man....... .......hats off to you Raze!!.. ..
ya got my vote!!
Posted By: barla_cosmin

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 20/08/03 08:20 AM

Wow Raze....what languige are you specking???
Posted By: shadowman

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 14/02/04 03:35 AM

hi im new to larian forums and i was checkin out this thread on hexediting
i followed the directions accordin to the pic stating what is to be edited and not to be but yet when i inputed the positions for dr elrath's cellar and map 00 it seemed to send me to the cellar and then my char started runnin back toward my original save point *which jus for information purposes was in the graveyard jus outside ionas dungeon entrance can someone help me *did u perhaps make a typo on the xy positions* or could u give me some insight on how i maybe able to fix this problem *jus for information sake i need this xy position cause i forgot the cure potions in his lab but got the letter and told the proper authorities *so all im missin out of the full elrath combination quest is curing the poor ppl in rivertown
thanks for your time

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 14/02/04 08:18 AM

it seemed to send me to the cellar and then my char started runnin back toward my original save point

Your character should not have been automatically running anywhere. You should have seen the graveyard as the game was loading, then been in the cellar when it finished. I've tried hex editing into a few places, and never had my character start running anywhere.

did u perhaps make a typo on the xy positions

No; while technically not impossible, they are correct in this case.

could u give me some insight on how i maybe able to fix this problem

Replace the edited data.000 file with the original or its backup, and edit it again. You are on the same map, so you should only have to change the first instance of the X and Y coordinates.
EDIT: if you were running when you saved the game, try loading it and save while standing still. Maybe the game had already figured out the coordinates where your next step would take you.
Posted By: HandEFood

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 14/02/04 09:03 AM

Was your character running when you saved the game?

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 15/02/04 07:08 AM

nope my char was standing still it struck me as odd when it happened it didnt even seem to show the cellar jus a black zone that seemed to be outside of the cella in the in-between world and then my char automatically started runnin back to the graveyard *would the fact that the door on elraths house being permanently locked have anything to do with it *or the fact i only had the cure potion quests left have any side effect im tryin to take everything into consideration *i tried for a test using those same coordinates and changin the map number to 01 i was runnin through verdistis *automatically* during runnin i ran into the girl that lost her cat and then shortly after i reappeared in what seemed the wastelands *never been there so not sure if it was* but i was completely lost in the fact that i didnt know my why char jus didnt land where it was supposed to instead of runnin back to its original coordinates

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 15/02/04 07:45 AM

Double check that you are entering the coordinates correctly, and are changing the right values;
X = 00 58 ; Y = D0 8C

It should not matter at what point the quest is at, or what status the door has.

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 15/02/04 11:02 AM

im jus curious but previously when u setup this thread u stated not to edit the duplicate of the xy *original positons of the save game* why is it that * i did this for experimentation* i edited the duplicte xy positions to the xy positons i wanted to be in *u stated that it would crash the game when in fact it didnt it jus did the same thing as it did when i change the first set to the new xy and left the duplicate @ the original
and jus for verification of the xy plot i used in one experiement the lab xy positions and it ran me back to the graveyard and then i did a second experiment using the xy positions of cellar room jus down stairs in elraths and it did the same
im completely stumped wonderin why in fact there was no other ppl findin the same problem occuring

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 15/02/04 05:48 PM

Apparently 'will' is a little strong, but editing the second instance of the coordinates can crash the game.

There is another way to get into Elrath's cellar;
FIX for the Missing Catacombs Portal

or the potions can be aquired with;
Lost Items - guide and directory of inventory files
Posted By: Odindon

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 10/04/04 11:03 PM

First off Hello and thanks to everyone for the great info I found here!
Ok Im having some trouble from the very start regarding hex editing.
First off Im stuck in game becasue I was throwing teleporters to explore the map.
I would then use the one in my inventory to go to where I threw mt teleporter.
Well horrible luck hit and My teleporter landined in an area that I couldnt tele to, so I appeared just out of reach of the teleporter I threw. Also the area that it just happen to let me land is a patch about 3 steps long and one step tall So Im standing in this patch and cant get anywhere.
I am like level 32 and just basically exploring the map gathering as much gold as I can Im one hit killing most everything so I havent made an attempt at a save for awhile cause at this level I figured anything in this area couldnt kill me. Im 2 hours from last save abd do not want to redo all the "mowing the lawn" again.
So what should I do?Teleporter is about 6 -8 steps away and I cant reach it or tele to it.
I tried toi do the hex editing but when I searched for the strings mention I get that they arent found.
you said:
3) Search for the text string AgentsV (ASCII mode search), hex value 41 67 65 6E 74 73 56.
Well I did this and I was in ascii mode and found nothing using the search.
I also did a search looking for the hex value and nothing was found that way either.
I notcied on the far left you have a list of numbers under "offset"
mine are different numbers
yours all have the 000F:
all mine on the left have a prefix of 000/0001 or 0002
I am sure it is the data.000 file so Im not sure what I have done wrong here but I cant find the strings you mentioned
Please Somone help
Thanks in Advance

oh one more thing I havnet got the patch yet will this effect anything?
Posted By: Mephit

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 11/04/04 01:13 AM

I'm not sure if it will help but have you tried telekinese ?
If you don't have this skill than you could use one of the tools to change skill allocation. I guess since you have already tier editor you wont mind switch some skills temporarly.
But as I said I'm not sure what will be the result. I've never tried using telekinese on teleportation stones.

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 11/04/04 01:19 AM

Telekinesis triggers the default action when used on an object, so for teleporter stones that would be to walk to it and use it, rather than pick it up.

When you searched for "AgentsV" did you capitalize it that way, or do a non-case sensitive search?

The difference in how the offset is displayed shouldn't matter. This technique works before or after installing the patch.
Posted By: Odindon

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 11/04/04 02:40 AM

I cut and pasted the text from here when searching for it.
I just fixed the problem though.
I went online and downloaded a different hex editor
searched in much the same way and found it right off the bat I just now saved after retrieving my stuck teleporter! So all is good.
Only thing I can think of is I wasnt using hackman correctly(I tried sevral things) I found a much simplier program typed AgentsV into the search and found it right away heh
Im keeping hackman and going to figure out what I was doing wrong,once I foind out Ill post it here in case somone else runs into the problem I did.
Thank You for responding Im not real sure why you do but it seems your a big help here on the forums and for that thanks
Have a good one and hopefully Ill be posting on what I did wrong in hackman

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 11/04/04 09:32 AM

It may not have been anything you did wrong. With the latest version of Hackman (8.0), the freeware version has a fairly low limit of the file size it will handle (something like 200KB, IIRC). I would have assumed it would not open larger files, but maybe it simple opens the first part of the file. Sorry I didn't mention this before; when you said the offsets were displayed differently, I assumed you had a different editor and didn't think of it.

For anyone else needing a hex editor, Frhed is an open source program, though has not been updated in awhile. Alternately, check this list of freeware hex editors.

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 01/09/04 10:40 PM

There are some reviews of freeware hex editors on this site.
Also, it is still possible to find the previous 7.x release of hackman; check here, or search Google for "hack704.zip" or "hack702.zip", etc.

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 28/01/06 08:02 PM

X = 80 5A ; Y = 30 BA ; map 01 - assassinís guild, at the entrance

X = C0 66 ; Y = 10 B6 ; map 01 - assassinís guild, in the hall just north of Yarun's room
Posted By: Revenant_hm

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 14/07/07 04:59 PM

Raze, can you tell what the coordinates of the Thieves Guild (in the cellar, near the holy dagger)? The door is closed, and I can't get to the thieves guild... (i am a member of it).
Is there some other way to get in the Thieves Guild or openning the southern door?

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 14/07/07 08:39 PM

The coordinates were in a list at the bottom of the original post. Also, if you just need to teleport past a door or wall, etc you can save, edit the data.000 file to find your current position, and then just change one value to jump north, south, east or west (or change both to jump diagonally).

X = A0 1C ; Y = 50 8B - Ducal inn, past the thieves' guild door

You can also get past this door using the file swapping procedure in the topic below, to be able to drop a teleporter stone inside the thieves' guild.

FIX for the Missing Catacombs Portal

There is a sewer entrance to the thieves' guild. After you open it (from the inside) you will be able to get back in again that way, but if you explore everywhere the first time, you shouldn't need to return.

Welcome to the forum.

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 15/07/07 07:42 AM

Thanks.
I changed my coordinates to the coordinates which you have given to me but when I load my game I was standing still at my previous location.
What's the problem?
I also used the file swapping procedure in the topic below, but i faced the same problem. The location of my charachter did not change.
I will write my step by step actions, so you easily find my mistake...
1) Saved a game near southern door.
2) Opened the data file via hex editor.
3) Changed the coordinates in the "new npc" line after the values 00 03 00 00 00 to the new coordinates which you gave me at the upper post.
4) Saved file.
5) Loaded my game.
6) Dassapointed.

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 15/07/07 08:59 AM

If you replace the data.000 file in a save folder (ie move your file and extract the downloaded one from my game) and load that same save, everything about the character should change, including the location. Are you sure you reloaded the same save that you substituted the file in?

Did you exit the game to do the file swapping, or just alt-tab out? Alt-tabbing should be ok, but exiting would be more reliable. Also, you could try deleting all of the files in the '..\Divine Divinity\Run\Dynamic' folder before starting the game again and reloading the save.
This folder is used as a cache for the game. Files are created / copied there from the save game folder when you load, and written / copied from that folder when you save a game. The files will be re-created as required the next time you start Divinity. If there was a corrupt file in that folder, deleting the files should fix the problem.
In this case, it is possible the game could have been pulling the old versions of the files from the cache, rather than loading the replaced or edited versions.

Your procedure for hex editing looks ok. If you re-open the data.000 file that you edited and check the coordinates, are they the new values for inside the guild? If not, maybe your hex editor isn't actually saving the changes for some reason.

When you edited the file, did at least the second byte of the values you relpaced look fairly similar to the new ones? If you are standing near the door, I'd expect the coordinates to be something like X = xx 1B (maybe 1A or 1C) ; Y = yy 8B (or 8A or 8C).

Check your PM (click 'My Home' in the top menu bar, then 'Received Private Messages').

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 15/07/07 11:45 AM

Are you sure you reloaded the same save that you substituted the file in?
Yes, I am sure. I checked for a couple of times when editing.
Did you exit the game to do the file swapping, or just alt-tab out?
Yes, every time I edit the data file, I exited the game.
If you re-open the data.000 file that you edited and check the coordinates, are they the new values for inside the guild?
I checked. Hex editor save them as I edited. I went up to tavern and standing near Rob saved my game. Then I opened the data file with hex editor and my coordinates was the same A0 1C 50 8B... Maybe I edit wrong vaalues?
Here, I copyed a piece of my data file with the new coordinates:

000f95c0:00 41 67 65 6e 74 73 56 30 2e 39 33 35 20 32 35 .AgentsV0.935 25
000f95d0:2d 30 32 2d 32 30 30 32 00 8d 02 00 00 e7 03 00 -02-2002.Ќ...з..
000f95e0:00 52 03 00 00 08 00 00 00 6e 65 77 20 6e 70 63 .R.......new npc
000f95f0:00 03 00 00 00 a0 1c 00 00 50 8b 00 00 00 b8 d8 .....†...P‹...ёШ
000f9600:45 00 c0 0a 47 00 00 00 00 E.А.G....

In this case my hero still standing near the locked door.
Also I deleted the \Divine Divinity\Run\Dynamic folder as you said...

P.S. Sorry about the grammar, I am from Ukraine..

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 15/07/07 06:30 PM

That edit is in the right place.

What language version of the game are you playing? This procedure should work in the German and English versions, but there may be difference in other localizations.

Try editing the second instance of your character's location, as well (the one with the warning not to edit in the procedure above).

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 16/07/07 08:33 AM

I have an English version of the game. Althought, it is not full (it's on the 3 CD and I don't have the videos and some speech).

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 16/07/07 10:16 PM

Three CDs is the full English game, though there was also a (single) DVD re-release version.

With your data.000 file in one of my saves, your character shows up in the bar by the hatch. Editing either the first or both coordinate locations teleports the character downstairs inside the thieves' guild, as expected. I'm not sure why your attempt didn't work, but try the edited file I emailed back (in the same save).

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 16/11/08 09:34 AM

X = A0 62 ; Y = 30 E6 ; map 00 - Iona's dungeon, at the start of the first main level (after escaping the cell and taking the stairs up)
Posted By: piotr

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 06/03/10 02:42 PM

i tried but I still cannot fix a problem of black pulpit
could sb edit my plic and teleport mu hero to

A0 1C 90 2D wastelands, start location
here you have link to plic
http://rapidshare.com/files/359773367/data.000.html

please, send my edited to adres: ptomason@wp.pl

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 06/03/10 10:46 PM

I've downloaded the file and can hex teleport (in awhile), but I'm not sure if it will work properly to get a character into the wastelands. There are various changes and updates made after the cutscenes, which may not get triggered that way.

Are you playing with a no-CD/DVD crack, or did you do the configuration file edit to skip the intro videos?

The Play CD/DVD needs to be in an optical drive in order to play the cutscene videos during the blessing ceremony, and for the final cutscene video at the end of the game. If the game can not find the videos, it is unable to continue. Reload your latest save, and make sure the play disk is in a drive before you hit the gong to start the ceremony.

If you are using the no-CD crack, a couple people had to also restore the original executable. This file can be extracted from CD/DVD if you did not keep a backup (see the manual install procedure section of the Troubleshooting Tips topic; hopefully the English version instructions are close enough to follow), or with the original CD version you could just re-install the patch.
Posted By: IronValley

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 02/05/10 10:18 AM

Is it possible to teleport commander Ralph out of his room?

He got stuck in there before I heard about the bug....

I've tried teleporting in there, but that only leads to me ending up in prison, and loosing a large amount of reputation...

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 02/05/10 07:21 PM

There are a couple ways to get him out of that room: Help with Ralph please.

Teleporting should also work: Reviving dead NPCs.
Posted By: Solitarius

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 27/08/10 03:19 AM

How did you understand what bytes needed to change? X_x

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 27/08/10 04:40 AM

For Divine Divinity, Barnabus figured out the procedure and I started with a translation of that.

I described how I identified some suff in Beyond Divinity in the topic hexess agentsv over wall. Once you get an idea of the file structure, you can target your searches much better, or even make random changes in a limited section, to see what effect it has.

[BD] Hex editing - gold, experience, stat/skill points - later in the topic there are a few more sections listing more things that can be edited, with a little bit of detail on how I figured out some of it

[BD] Teleporting anywhere (via hex editor) - replies add info about NPC teleporting

In DD, NPC teleporting is described in the topic Reviving dead NPCs (also discovered by Barnabus).

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 27/08/10 03:43 PM

Tried... It works. Interesting. Thanks.

Still to learn so teleporting with running game, changing values in primary storage (:

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 27/08/10 06:00 PM

There is a way to enable the survivor's Path of the Divine early (normally available after you reach the final area of the game), which will give you access to the Translocate spell (lets you teleport anywhere you have a clear line of sight to). I tried this spell in the wastelands, but at least over long distances (by the time you moved the screen focus where you wanted in order to cast the spell) it didn't seem significantly faster than just running or using a frog statuette. Maybe with a higher screen resolution it would be more useful.

Some more hex offsets...

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 27/08/10 08:07 PM

D:|

Map 01 ; X=60 2C ; Y=30 96 -> Penumbras SM-Studio
...is so brutal \:D

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 27/08/10 09:50 PM

One question: Maximum X,Y coordinates for the SE of Map 02/01 are incorrect, aren't they?

Mb X must be "E0 7E" ?

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 28/08/10 04:43 AM

You can hex teleport to X = E0 7E (and Y = 30 7A), but at least when I tried it in Verdistis (map 01), as soon as your character tries to move, the game bumps them west (a distance a little over a couple times their height) to X = 00 7E.

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 28/08/10 10:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Raze

You can hex teleport to X = E0 7E (and Y = 30 7A), but at least when I tried it in Verdistis (map 01), as soon as your character tries to move, the game bumps them west (a distance a little over a couple times their height) to X = 00 7E.

It' seems, that the range of this area represents not a convex quadrangle )=

P.S. Map 01 ; X=40 E0 ; Y=70 83 -> cellar room above Dante's house
error

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 28/08/10 06:36 PM

You are correct; those coordinates are out of bounds, and crash the game trying to load. I'm not sure what location the description is referring to...

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 28/08/10 08:34 PM

-___-

In primary storage with running game every coordinate are in 7 addresses x___X

I tried to change them in an infinite cycle, but game returns values back. How it's posible D:

Re: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor - 28/08/10 09:18 PM

I do not know; I've never tried to teleport except by editing the data.000 file. If you edit the values in memory with the game running, I'm not sure how you would trigger the game to update the position. Did you try enabling Caps Lock (to allow the screen focus to be moved away from the character, possibly reducing the instances of the coordinates in memory or the frequency of auto-corrections) and then edit, and click on the ground somewhere to see if moving would jump your character position (if the value stays modified)?
© 2020 Larian Studios forums