Larian Studios
Posted By: Kein [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 07/11/09 12:10 PM
There is an info that Larian works @ new project since august 2009. I don't know what the project it is, may be new Divinity 2 episode, may be multiplayer addon + modkit, who knows... But there is no doubt that we will get a sequel for D2, so, I decided to start a suggestion/wish thread for the new game. What you dislike in D2? What do you want to see in a new game?

Here is mine.

1. A bit more SENSE in: SETTING

Ok, I understand, new game requires new enemies/monsters etc, but... dragon elf? Well, yeah, some ppl "like" animals, lol, but how in the hell DD1's elves changed their sexual orientation and from "tree-huggers" (that's a quote from dd1!) turned into "lizard lovers"? Elves + cold-blooded lizards? C'mon. SENSE, it makes none.
Same applies for goblin. Where these guys are from? They just... "appeared" in Rivellon? From where? There is no reference about these guys in previous games.
It is not like I against new creatures, bit can be there a little explanation for them? "Deus Ex"-elements always looks silly.

2. A bit more SENSE in: GAMEPLAY/BATTLE SYSTEM

Dragon Slayers isn't a normal humans, yeah, but that doesn't explains how they are able to stay alive after falling from a sky. Can we have... a bit more realism in the game please? :P

Shields. What the point of existing this things in the game? I mean: except they look cool and such... Well, yeah, you can get some +AC bonus, but it's completely useless comparing to dual-wielding/two-handed weapon damage bonus. Why we can't protect yourself with shields like in Risen/TES? It requires some changes in balance/bs but it deserves that, IMO.

3. A bit more SENSE in: PLOT

The main convo was here. It is not like I did change my POV, but JonasKyratzes has a point - the whole D2 plot is a mess. Sometimes it contradicts to itself. Damian looks like "stupid evil" Sauron in LoTR: sitting in his tower and doing nothing. He was much smarter in BD, when figured out how to break his curse. And now... oh well.

===============

Yes, I know, these are all "little things/aspects" but in the end the sum of all these "lil' things" makes the whole picture.

P.S. general thread about next divinity 2 game is HERE
Posted By: Raven.rpg Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 07/11/09 01:24 PM
What I like to see......
-robes
-staffs
-flamewave spell
Posted By: DeviRyuuD Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 07/11/09 03:34 PM
I`d like to see the rest of Rivellon, the Dark Forest, Verdistis, all that.
Ways to differ the storyline, not just follow one path - more endings. More consequences for the choices you make. More variable quests, like that about the blacksmith and the farmers wife.
Posted By: swordscythe Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 07/11/09 05:07 PM
Combat. I think ED isn't bad at all, but the click-click combat is repetitive. I'm not into the 1000-skills thing, and I never use magic in games. But for pure warriors, combat is a little straight-forward and repetitive throughout the game. I think this is the only thing Risen did quite a bit better. Ideally, there could be a combat system that wasn't based on things like whirlwind, but more on stringing together several unique blocks and attacks to trump your opponent. One could then go on to use a shield to block magic/ranged attacks. That, to me, is a good combat system.
Posted By: Nibblus Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 11/11/09 12:54 PM
The GUI looks great, but can suggest some minor changes to make the experience just that little extra pleasant?

Enable quick-load after dying.
Double-click on a save game, should load the game.
When opening a container, move the mouse to 'Take All'
Do not target empty containers...
Posted By: KnightPT Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 11/11/09 02:37 PM
Its important to make the world feel larger and more epic like it was in D1 with darkforest, more cities of diferent races, etc. What is realy lacking in D2 (on contrary to D1) is the race and cultural diversity.

What realy captivates people in RPGs (from my experience talking to people) is that diversity is a key element. People like visiting a dwarf city, or an elven forest, or a (insert Race X here) environment. It makes the gameplay diferent and its clearly separated in our mind as "an extra spot" and makes the game feel more epic, larger and more "alive".

This is, imho, the biggest thing it could be done for D2 expantion or D3.
Posted By: mr.stoner Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 13/11/09 07:25 PM
dragon mode.... you dont fell like a dragon, it was one of the biggest reasons why i bought the game and one of my biggest disapoitments about it

here is what i think is wrong with it:
-Crippled movment:
the dragon form is eaxtreamly usefull for finding stuff (s?) but we have a EXTREAMLY limited, you cant really use it because of the barriers and invisible walls

-Dragon fighting:
WHY THE FU** CANT WE KILL SMALL CREACHERS ONLY FLYING ONES AND MACHINES AND HOUSES?!?!?!?!?!
its really depresing all the fun of beaing all high and mighty and burning infidales that cant do crap about it has been taken awey from us
Posted By: Kein Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 13/11/09 08:50 PM
Can you be a more gently, please? Thanks.
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 13/11/09 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Kein
Can you be a more gently, please? Thanks.

Constructive is the word!
Posted By: Statue Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 13/11/09 11:37 PM
Manual blocking please.

Oblivion blocking: good.
Risen blocking: good.
Two Worlds blocking: not so good.
D2ED blocking: not so good.

Common denominator of good blocking systems in ARPGs: manual player control.

A pure RPG can easily get away with blocking done based wholly on stats and skills. It fits the conventions, the genre, the gameplay style. But 1st/3rd person ARPGs, where the player is given the responsibility of full real-time control over a character that spends much of the gameplay time engaging in player-controlled combat, work better by giving control of fundamental combat actions to the player (and supplementing outcomes with stats and skills). I stress fundamental combat actions, as it is of course possible to over-complicate control systems or make them focus on things that aren't fun to do. I wouldn't, for example, want to have to press B every time I want my character to breathe or H to make his heart beat. But I do, in an ARPG, expect to be able to influence whether I block an attack or not. If the game lets the player hit A to sidestep an enemy attack, or SPACE to jump over it, what's a shield doing in his hand if he can't press a button to raise it?
Posted By: sin Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 15/11/09 10:47 PM
I would like to see the usual:)

-more of the world (cities, races etc)
-more choices and endings
-Hiding the monsters outside was just mean frown If you're a mighty dragon you should feel like one! In Divinity 2 there were enough of barriers and dungeons in which you can't use dragon form.

Oh, and NPCs to take note of your gender and maybe even different dialog options (playing a chick and be addressed as a "boy" doesn't sound right) would be great.
Posted By: hedehodo Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 21/12/09 09:18 AM
My wishes list:
- Larger and more areas
- Larger quick-use bar below for abilities, spells and items, or a multiple layer bar like Nwn2
- More character customization options at the start
- I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR MY character's own voice during dialogs. Even Bioware are not doing this, but I dont know why. If that leads too large voice data files, only one male and one female voices can be applied, without voice customization options.
- In many RPG settings, Dragons are known with their arcane magic abilities. Maybe a spellcasting system and special spells for dragon form.
- Ground attack option for dragon form. If it is thought that will lead not using human form, maybe a respawn system for enemies can be applied, I dont know, but I'm sure everybody likes to burn goblins with dragon breath weapon.
- Mounted warfare, on a dragon, gryphon, horse or beast. Again I dont know why not nobody does that. Some games have options for horse transportation (sacred, Oblivion) and limited mounted battles, but all of them suck, fighting as a real knight with lance and sword, or peppering ground troops with bow from the sky will be very exciting. Since I thought Larian designers are open to innovations, I mentioned that here.
Posted By: ElfjeTwaalfje Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 31/12/09 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by hedehodo

- In many RPG settings, Dragons are known with their arcane magic abilities. Maybe a spellcasting system and special spells for dragon form.
- Ground attack option for dragon form. If it is thought that will lead not using human form, maybe a respawn system for enemies can be applied, I dont know, but I'm sure everybody likes to burn goblins with dragon breath weapon.

Who played "i of the dragon"? There you could eat all smaller stuff that walked. It also had a spell system for dragons.
Posted By: Raze Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 31/12/09 06:51 PM

I actually just replayed I of the Dragon a month ago. The first time I played (almost 4 years ago) in the tutorial area I grabbed a steer, panned the camera around front, zoomed in and ate... it was funny. Then I tried again in first person mode, and giggled like a school girl.

Welcome to the forum. wave
Posted By: Darthvegeta800 Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 01/01/10 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Raze

I actually just replayed I of the Dragon a month ago. The first time I played (almost 4 years ago) in the tutorial area I grabbed a steer, panned the camera around front, zoomed in and ate... it was funny. Then I tried again in first person mode, and giggled like a school girl.

I heard about this game. Is it worth getting after all this time? How indepth is get game?
Posted By: Raze Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 01/01/10 10:50 AM

I of the Dragon is a straight action RPG, with a linear story line. Enemy AI is rather simple at the start of the game (fly a little above tree level and keep moving and you will rarely get hit), but it does get a little better later, and a few opponent types have fast and/or seeking attacks (that can be dodged or outrun if you are paying attention and boosted your flying speed).

Gameplay is pretty much fly around and shoot things, stopping once in awhile to eat things. A couple times I played for 3 or 4 hours straight, but usually 1 or 2 hours in a day was enough. I'm not a huge action RPG fan, but playing as a dragon is nice, and there are changes in terrain and new opponents in each new area that help keep it from getting too repetitive (and you can always take a break if you are not in the mood for 'hack and slash').

There is a demo (227MB) and walkthrough you can check out, but the game may be hard to find now (other than GameTap, etc).
Posted By: ironcreed Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 01/01/10 03:37 PM
All I know is that I hope there is an expansion, as I am really falling in love with this game. Old school goodness galore, yet it feels new and really unique at the same time. Not to mention how addictive and immersive it is.
Posted By: TonZa Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 01/01/10 06:51 PM
I played I of the dragon, there was a lot of freedom just flying around and eating your dead or sometimes living enemy was a nice touch, even though that game didint have any landing animation that i would have wantet to see i still enjoied it.
Posted By: Fashtas Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 02/01/10 12:24 AM
Personally I'd rather they looked at the skill system and rewards:

The skill system is riddled with "Spent 1 point for a HUGE benefit, then spend 9 more points for less benefit overall than the first point gave you" skills

Or weird ones like duel wielding that appear to worse after a certain number of points (Is that just a wording issue?)

Or odd increments 18-2-10-10-etc

Rewards also need some tweaking. I had boss battles, costing me 1000's of XP in mind reading, for a "rare treasure trove" which turned out to be 5 bundles of herbs (1 herb per bundle, all basic ones that the local trader sells for 5 gold each)... The Boss was specifically thinking of how "rare" and "expensive" they were too.... Doesn't make me feel proud for beating then, basically I was slapping down a 10 year old mentally retarded kid and stealing his secret box of grass clippings frown

Or bosses (and the end of long dungeons) that had no reward at all (Some of the sky-platform ones for example)

Or weird XP rewards, clearing a huge village of bandits levels above your own rewards far less than handing some guy an beer

Or locked chests, that required keys hidden in strange and wonderful places, requiring running around a large dungeon, retrieving levers and finding hidden buttons, rewarding one basic healing potion (I had 70 of every type by that time :/)

A very fun game overall, but really needed a second look at those systems
Posted By: Raze Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 02/01/10 01:44 AM

I have not played the game yet, but for the dual wielding, the numbers go up by 10 each level (... -20, -10, 0, 10...), there is just a problem with the text description (after level 8 the word 'reduced' should have been replaced by 'increased').
Posted By: ElfjeTwaalfje Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 02/01/10 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Darthvegeta800
I heard about this game. Is it worth getting after all this time? How indepth is get game?

By todays standards I would say it is somewhat simplistic but it can still be good fun.
Home page http://www.i-dragon.com/index_eng.htm.
Posted By: Killbomb Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 03/01/10 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by Fashtas
Personally I'd rather they looked at the skill system and rewards:

The skill system is riddled with "Spent 1 point for a HUGE benefit, then spend 9 more points for less benefit overall than the first point gave you" skills

Or weird ones like duel wielding that appear to worse after a certain number of points (Is that just a wording issue?)

Or odd increments 18-2-10-10-etc

Rewards also need some tweaking. I had boss battles, costing me 1000's of XP in mind reading, for a "rare treasure trove" which turned out to be 5 bundles of herbs (1 herb per bundle, all basic ones that the local trader sells for 5 gold each)... The Boss was specifically thinking of how "rare" and "expensive" they were too.... Doesn't make me feel proud for beating then, basically I was slapping down a 10 year old mentally retarded kid and stealing his secret box of grass clippings frown

Or bosses (and the end of long dungeons) that had no reward at all (Some of the sky-platform ones for example)

Or weird XP rewards, clearing a huge village of bandits levels above your own rewards far less than handing some guy an beer

Or locked chests, that required keys hidden in strange and wonderful places, requiring running around a large dungeon, retrieving levers and finding hidden buttons, rewarding one basic healing potion (I had 70 of every type by that time :/)

A very fun game overall, but really needed a second look at those systems

I agree with all this. It began to sink in when at one point, I lit a couple candles to open a secret wall only to find a chest with one lonely herb in it. I think in a game of this type, certain rewards should be set in stone and not randomized.

Anyway, after getting Dragon form my enthusiasm for the game has dropped a bit. The Fjords are just not as fun to explore as Broken Valley was. It seems like every time I find something that could be interesting, I enter only to find the enemies are much higher level than me so I have to just turn around and run. All the barriers make it feel too limiting as well. And not even being able to see enemies on the ground when you are in Dragon form? I hope that was a technical limitation and not a design decision.

A few other things..

1. A little more variety in the NPCs would be nice. The handful of character models repeat way too often.
2. Have a suggested level for quests in the logbook so you can at least have some idea of what to pursue next.
Posted By: virumor Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 03/01/10 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Killbomb
[quote=Fashtas]
Anyway, after getting Dragon form my enthusiasm for the game has dropped a bit. The Fjords are just not as fun to explore as Broken Valley was. It seems like every time I find something that could be interesting, I enter only to find the enemies are much higher level than me so I have to just turn around and run. All the barriers make it feel too limiting as well. And not even being able to see enemies on the ground when you are in Dragon form? I hope that was a technical limitation and not a design decision.

The first half of the game is superior for me as well. Once you reach Orobas Fjords there's a lot of grinding & non-stop combat (especially the fortresses). Still, though, it's fun since you experience your character becoming gradually stronger & eventually totally dominating any enemies. Unlike games, like say, Oblivion & Dragon Age with their level scaling.
Posted By: kesayo Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 04/01/10 02:36 AM
Originally Posted by mr.stoner
dragon mode.... you dont fell like a dragon, it was one of the biggest reasons why i bought the game and one of my biggest disapoitments about it

here is what i think is wrong with it:
-Crippled movment:
the dragon form is eaxtreamly usefull for finding stuff (s?) but we have a EXTREAMLY limited, you cant really use it because of the barriers and invisible walls

-Dragon fighting:
WHY THE FU** CANT WE KILL SMALL CREACHERS ONLY FLYING ONES AND MACHINES AND HOUSES?!?!?!?!?!
its really depresing all the fun of beaing all high and mighty and burning infidales that cant do crap about it has been taken awey from us

This is pretty much what I would like improved as well.
I basically would like flying mode to be better integrated with normal mode.
Sort of like how Aion or Champions online or city of heroes handled flying.
That would have made this game totally kick ass.

Posted By: Killbomb Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 04/01/10 07:44 AM
Here's another suggestion...get rid of the platforming. With no way to control your jump in the air it makes for some frustrating times.
Posted By: Joram Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 04/01/10 02:45 PM
One week ago I play D 2 to the End ... Luckely I have a savegame before entering the Hall of Echoes! I will play futher in D 2 .... to do first more quests etc !

So what I like to change in Divinity III (or something like that wink ) :

1) a better storyline!!! I had whole the time the good feeling I wish to kill the Damned One itself at the End of this game! This was a great disappointment for me frown ... And DD, in my opinion, had a better ending!!
2) more freedom to fly over mountains and not that "invisible walls" ...
3) if it can: more "different" area's (Verdistis, Dark Forest or ...)
4) the equipment-sets I found all was great stuff and so on .. but I was already level 28 I found them! So I was thinking I go to the end of the game at least level 40 or higher...
So, please: more earlier in the game some "equipment-set" to find... grin
Posted By: Alastar Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 07/01/10 01:15 PM
I beat the game, and what I want to see more in the game, a MUCH bigger world, more freedom (it doesn't feel very free, the world seems too small. . .) and I would like to see a patch for the tech. issues soon. The ending is a COMPLETE disappointment, and it made the game feel like it was pointless, and I would like to see an add-on that at least quadruples the world size, and allows you to continue the story.

(SPOILER ALERT)
maybe in the add-on you break free of that crystal prison and manage to fight damian and save all of Rivallon, I think the end needs to be in a dragon battle against damian. Otherwise I don't see much of a point to being a dragon knight. The controls for the dragon are perfect, and the dragon combat is VERY satisfying, but it seems like it was just a "successful experiment" in gameplay, showing that a good dragon RPG is possible, but not exactly here, where is more of a mode of transportation, I REALLY want to see more major dragon senarioes, like fighting against damian himself in dragon form.
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 07/01/10 01:56 PM
The no award of killing flyng fortresses bosses is not truth :

spoiler ( mind read them they will drop one part of palladin mage set so if u kill all u got whole set)
things that need to be changed : skills tree
most of skills are useless when can get them but was be usefull if u can get them on lower lvl
also most skills are useless on high lvl of skills when u can get them : what point of getting regeneration on lvl 10-13 if mobs on that time hit u for 0

the random generator is bad : its works bad in game without mob respawn with limited game lenght , its works only in games like diablo or sacred when u can play the same character again on higher dificulty lvl, and mobs respawn , also is bugged by whole game i found alot of lvl 1 recipes 2 lvl 9 and rest lvl 10 and lvl 10 recipes need malachits and there is only 2 in game o0 also totally 0 charms other than lvl 1 or 5 also the magic trader in capitl got 3 recipes but each in 20 copies is nice to se 20 greatests posion recipes o0

next game need addon who allow continue adventure and make world bigger even if larians dont want make continue story till d3 make it like in addon to Gothic 2 new semi main story line with new terrain. the night of the raven iis one of bests addons ever totally revamping dificulty lvl of gothic 2
fix the dragon fight : dragon fights are borring alos rly bad hat u cannot see mobs on the ground maybe dont alow to atack them but at last alow u to see them, now is hard to find something on fjords if u dont put 200 markers on the map[ u need land to see is there anyone or just empty frown

and most important thing : the dificulty lvl fix it first half of game is rly nice is hard but not imposible but later is easy like hell and ultra borring only last fight in game is chealanging but not so much too
Rework the whole lvl = demage shiet is stupid if enemy can make 400 damage who cares hes 5 lvl less than i he shoudl be able to make 400 damage not 0 only becouse i out lvl him

also fix creature fighter mode is totally useless as tank becouse most of time is pee and dont care even if its fight its got crap damage compare to mage mode or ranger mode
creaur with mage head can solo kill baal with fighter head its make punny 18 damage o0
fix summons by half of game they are to weak to do anything and cost to much mana on the end u dont need to use them becouse u can kill everything in seconds and they cannot do anything to u , same pet i dont use it by lat 6 hours of game becouse mobs dont do any real damage to me

next rework battle tower mineral/herb hunters i dont see any reazon to get them eccept th one who can find diamonds cuz u can sell them for alot and make unlimited amount of gold there is no way to run out of potions and u got much to much minerals u can enchant almost everything u find and still got full backpack of that shiet , only thing u cannot find is malahit but your runner canot find it either so hes useless

rework or change the battle tower island ques where u need choice who live who dies is stupid and maybe t was be ok in game called saw6 or hostel but not in fantasy game like that there are no sex/romanse posibilities but wtf u can sentence 4 ppl to death o0 STUPID and totally missed

and most important make lvling faster and make mobs bigger lvl so u an get around lvl 50 at end not stupid lvl 33 -34 cuz u cannot get lvl 13 skill under lvl 35 and i dont rly see how to get to 35 but most importand WHY U WANT if on lvl 33 i reape baal in death land areana in 3 seconds

thanx we need ADDON ASSAP
Posted By: Urukhai Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 07/01/10 02:14 PM
1. Allow monsters to respawn, so we are able to level up whenever we want, and where ever we want to, there is a whole topic in this forum on this subject of matter.
2. Fix the summoning system, so your summoned creatures always follow you, even if you cross a river or climb somewhere up or down. I know that you have added creature automatic teleportation whenever they cannot reach their target, but it rarely works.
3. Put quests markers on map, this is extremely ridiculous that there is no information given on side quests, I dont not have to run around the whole map in order to find my quest objective, for example, if someone tells you to find Peavey or whatever, then put a damn marker on map that he is in the tower. This can get very annoying that I have to search the Internet, so I can find a person I need to be talking in order to finish a quest.

Those are the top priority things that you have to do in the next update, if you wish to make this game a better RPG.
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 07/01/10 02:23 PM
1) respawn sux : most modern crpg dont use it its works only in h&s just rebalance mobs
2) yep this sux like hell most of time your creature pee or whatever
3) no even more borring solution for WoW carebears morrowind style ftw just make world bigger so u can actually use that map markers now they are pointless doe of ultra small world
Posted By: Joram Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 07/01/10 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by marcusdavidus
.... and lvl 10 recipes need malachits and there is only 2 in game o0 ...

You mean, you find only 2 Malachide Gems?
I that case, you're wrong! There're at least 8 or more Malachide Gems to find! wink

I find the world of D II big enough (but yeah, it may always be bigger laugh ! ) ...

Maybe a idea for the "dev's": make next time a RPG that have the "option" to respawn enemies for the one that love respawns ...

And also more than 1 ending will be great thing!!
Like many quests can be done in more than 1 way, the final ending can probebly also going in different ways?
For example (a suggestion):
1) for the gamers they love to be a great hero: an ending with a great fight with the Damned One! And when you die, show a different video as if you win grin a good idea I reading here on the forum is: a final battle in Dragon form with the Damned One
OR maybe a great flying fortress of the Damned One (like in DD - Demon of Lies fortress) where you must combine human and dragon form...
2) for the gamers they love a bad ending or a unexpect ending ... there is nothing wrong with, but so many gamers where dissapointed I can read on this forum (and other forums)!
3) for the gamers they love the bad guy: a possibility to choose the side of the Damned One and destroy together whole Rivellon evil !

And for the gamers they love variation, is also a very good thing wink

Before I play Divinity II and I saw the video-fragments of this game (and also the introvideo!) I though I would experience a great battle between me like a Dragon and the Damned One they wish to destroy all Zeppelins! And so I though I must protect a Zeppelin (or more) ... but sadly, nothing of that came up ... frown ...

I had also whole the time the feeling when I play d II:
this game isn't fully developed ! Larian haven't the time and/or the money I'm afraid ...! smirk

I love this game, but on this moment "the critical gamer" speaks in/for me!!
Posted By: luciant Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 11/01/10 02:56 AM
1.) respawning mobs as said before for those of us that LIKE to grind away a level where and whenever we want-- i understand some people don't like to play that way, but to remove it because of that is silly simply because if they dont want to grind they dont have to! Those of us who want to CANT and there is a big difference there.
2.) Vsync

those are honestly the only faults I have found in the game!
good work Larian-- can't wait to play more games made by you guys!
Posted By: Raze Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 11/01/10 05:29 AM

Respawning was never 'removed', it was simply never in the design in the first place. Neither of the previous games in the Divinity series had respawning opponents, though Beyond Divinity did have the optional battlefields (randomly generated dungeons / quests) if you wanted more combat, experience or loot.

You may not have to grind if there are respawning opponents, but you would certainly have to keep fighting the same opponents over and over every time you wanted to head back to town to sell loot, check for equipment upgrades, complete a quest, etc.
There are a couple places in the game you can keep triggering the respawn of opponents, though.
Posted By: Joram Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 11/01/10 07:21 AM
My suggestions for a next game:
1) Totally freedom (seemless world)!!!! So NOT such a thing as in D II you can't go back after entering Hall of Echoes! Please Larian, listen to the frustratings of our fans/gamers!!
2) More kind of different enemies and NPC's like in DD (races like Orcs, Imps, Elfs, Dragons, Humans, Darves, ... are great in DD!) and also more different area's (different cities of races for example) will be great!
3) a little more Skills and the possibility to make potions by yourself like in DD, fun! Also the skill 'known creature' (or in a Logbook some stats of each kind of an enemy I have killed is also fine)...
4)Combat : I wish I can clearly "block" attacks with a shield!
5) I love a fully fantasy world, but a little more sense in the storyline is a great improvement and maybe more than 1 ending will be very good!! grin
6) A little more Main Quests may also be great! laugh
7) "Not done" I find: such a things like Aleroth: "see a city with houses etc", but can't explore all things!! frown

Good things they must not change for me are:
the interface is nice, also the fact I can see immediately what the effects are on my stats when I change an equipment-item!! And enchantments I can make or change, good thing! Mind reading is very funny and the Quest are most of the time great!

Maybe I have later on more wishes because I give this game a second change! Yesterday I played from the start, this time with a female ranger hero grin ... "Be the One" who go to explore some Quests in a different way ... so Larian, despite my critical opinion about D II, I'm still a fan of our games! But be honest, many things I find better in DD! Combine the good strong things from both games and Divinity 3 will be very very great!!
But please, don't forget :
a totally seemless world AND a more stronger ending!! I'm begging you Larian!!
Posted By: AngryFan Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 19/01/10 10:30 AM
Just listing ideas in dot points
Fights with Slayers would be good since they are still around so maybe Your dragon against a few airships full of angry slayers.
More skills in dragon form so you actually feel like a dragon
More dragon animations so the flying seems fluid
More dialogue and back story with the people inside your tower maybe romantic interests like Rhode or your weapons trainer possibly?
More races perhaps Elves emerge from Hiding ?
Melee attacks with Dragon Imagining the fun of charging other dragons and clawing at them etc
I loved the skill and combat system
More of Aleroth and don't kill off entire areas like Broken Valley and sentinal island by just going oh yeah the land is poisoned now .
The ability to land as a dragon would be nice
The ability to actually destroy flying fortresses perhaps by destroying generators which causes them to crash not just sit outside your tower
Better Dragon animations please with the ability to attack npcs on the ground with reason though
example a mission where the Black Ring are assualting Aleroth where you fly up and stop the soldiers from entering the city or attacking the Black rings troops stationed on the Flying fortresses would make sense.
Customisable dragon You know different colours,Wings,Legs with more armor and weapons.
Small thing would be to change the falling animations from huge heights to freefalling not staying perfect still in the air would be cool jumping off a cliff then transforming into a dragon just before you hit the bottom?
The fight with Damian should be 1 on 1 not Damian and a thosands guys helping him sort of would ruin his image as a god.
Posted By: Joram Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 19/01/10 11:38 AM
Hi angryfan,

you do some good suggestions wink

For the Dragonform I have almost the same wishes like you...
And I wish more kind of equipment for my Dragon laugh ... OR 1 or 2 skills more will be nice if posible?
wink

Posted By: Zomgnome Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 29/01/10 02:08 PM
Man Aleroth was a big disappointing. It was pleasant, but so short, and could add a lot more to the game, like whole new area (like the size of lets say 4 times broken valley village), so much potential was lost, a quest like monsters roaming around and you need to clear the city. Besides the city itself looked very nice and I really wanted to explore it, had a lot of atmosphere with the rain and pointy high buildings and all that.
Posted By: Raven.rpg Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 29/01/10 03:00 PM
I will say again
staffs,robes,wands and hands

Ability to chose betwen good and evil but not in the end of the game
Something similiar to Fable 1 were you have to fight twice against finall boss.
First time you decide what path you take
Posted By: 30johner Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 29/01/10 05:59 PM
What angryfan said about the dragon combat was great. Actually I'd like the dragon combat to be a bit more like Lair(which unlike many people I liked, controls were fine). Melee attacks with your dragon should diffidently be in the sequel. The only problem is your dragon form seems kinda small or not bulky and strong enough for close combat. Look at Talana's dead body after the dream, it's like 10-12 feet. Also the dragon's forearms and wings are fused so besides ramming or maybe a bite your dragon form can't really melee.

It would also be great if you could get a bonus for divinity data. Like in the next game you would get extra stat and skill points from the beginning or at some point during it. I think you could bring the character over, the Dot Hack games did a great job with migrating your character. Also say Whirlwind or Magic Missile is in the next one, for every 'stage' of that skill you had you could gain 1 point in it for the new game. Say you had 9 points in whirlwind, you could then start with a rank two whirlwind in the next game because you had enough points to be in the second stage/form of whirlwind.

You should also get new skills. Like the mage skill tree should gain an Ice and Lightning spell, which is needed because 4 attack spells is pathetic for such a huge game. Also when you upgrade a skill(rank 6-10) it gains a new power. Like whirlwind could gain a second and maybe a third spin. The summons could also become stronger, like the undead becomes undead lord(has bone spikes growing out of it and has 2 or 3 claws instead of one) when you upgrade, ghost becomes wraith(looks like death god from Naruto) and demon becomes demon king(demon would become a bit bigger). They would also have more powers. Undead could gain rush at rank 2/3 and lord would gain fatality, ghost would have healing(the spell) and you could set when it uses it and wraith would gain Fear to remove an enemy from battle for a while, Demon would have curse and demon king would maybe get the new lightning spell or something else. Summon Mastery will enable you to have more than one summon out, like rank 2/3 lets you have 2 and rank 5 lets you have 3 ontop of the power increase.

This could come from your character being frozen, the hero sees the dragon memories but him being half-dragon allows him to control them and become more powerful instead of going mad. Or perhaps Patriarch sees the world needs him and helps you, at the same time merging with you or upgrading you. Also Larian makes it where you can see ground enemies but not attack them to keep balance, but you can 'interact' with them. Like a bunch of enemies are on a bridge so you use your dragon form to destroy it killing the enemies, but as a consequence you get an EXP penalty or no EXP for taking the easy way. Also your dragon form gets more powers like you do. Like it can use an ice breath or fire an ice projectile to freeze an enemy and make it fall to its doom. Or you freeze a ballista and then smash it. Perhaps it also gets bigger and gains arms so it can do proper melee. You also gain a half-dragon form which uses claws and therefore gives a reason to upgrade the unarmed expertise skill. It can also use a few dragon moves like fire breath and dragon shield as well as all your human moves. Imagine sprinting around as a dragon humanoid slashing enemies. You would also be able to glide in this form which would be great for some platforming. Speaking of that, Larian you can't put platforming in an RPG without actual platforming skills, like oh... I don't know, how bout the basic ledge grab? What kind of almighty dragon knight can't grab a ledge?

Also more dramatic boss fights. Can't go wrong with a sea serpent boss fight, Lair had it, God of war had it. Heck the sea serpent/hydra battle is practically what made the first god of war so popular, next to the orgy afterwards. Basically you need more 'angels singing in the background' moments. More hardcore additions like what I've said.
Posted By: Zomgnome Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 30/01/10 07:11 AM
You know guys if you just treat the Dragon Combat part as an arcade style game, its not so bad. It can be definitely improved, but still its enjoyable as it is.
Posted By: Kein Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 02/02/10 03:12 PM
For example?
Posted By: Zomgnome Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 02/02/10 09:02 PM
For things you can do inside current divinty 2 build? Letting your abilities go higer then 5 (making them stronger), making the dragon friend summon more then 1 friend at higher levels, making the shield absorb more, giving you more general survivability in dragon form\ nerfing those few over powered commander opponents that do most of the dmg and increasing your fire range. Making opponents more aggersive into getting close to you instead of trying to fly away from you. Going a bit further you can add some sort of a claw skill to attack close units, sort of maybe grab your enemy and tear it or something but that would be more then a mere little balance patch. Also tweaking the dragon animations (which are pretty impressive right now) into feeling more natural (especially when flying backwards), but animations with your human form are in a greater need of work as it is anyway.

Again, the thing is I treat it as some sort of an arcade mini-game. Its like those moments in many FPS games where you "get" to control some sort of a stationarity strong weapon on a moving buggy and kill hoards of enemies, they aren't really fun more then the usual game and probably even a bit less, they're just there. Thou D2 dragon combat I did find fun actually.

But ill count on larian to come up with something claver for this in D3, if there is indeed dragon form and all. I am actually hoping for some sort of a glide function like that of Aion, or a stylish pair of wings for traveling (like those you have in Darksiders, I love those wings) instead of actually even turning into a dragon form for exploring purpose, while action segments for combat can be done in special pre-determent events\ places. Breaking the dragon form into traveling\ exploring and fighting gives larian a much better control and ability to come up with something fun and engaging without worrying about balance. Dragon combat should have been handled this way from the start in my opinion, like a true little segments that breaks up the traditional rpg style gameplay and give you some relaxment and little fray enjoyment, something different and new that is also there for story purpses. Even all bosses can have pahes for this, fighting partly in dragon form and partly in human form (like those old school platforming bosses, where you need to trigger 3 things to make the boss vulnerable?) Maybe, say, ur fighting a necro who decided, at 10% hp, to blow up the top of the cave and let some nasty undead birds in to kill you (letting you also take on dragon form), and after you kill those you give him the final hit (he has 10% so what does it matter) in dragon form. Dragon form dosent even need to be calculated with states and gear or whatever, its just something to juice up the fight.

Oh, I wrote a bit to much :P
Posted By: lokna Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 17/02/10 03:29 PM
hey what i would like to see for the next expansion are these

1) a realistic serounding beeing ably to jump off mountains wasent really all that, or getting stuck behind a stupid small rock when you can pass right true a massive tree (these are all bugs and might be fixed i don't know)

2)at the start it was all fine tho give people some directions because if you follow the story to mutch (like me) you levl way to slow and you get wasted by every mob you come across

3) combat at some points, at some points combat was stupidly easy and at other points mostly bosses with mobs or healers around them you had to reload the levl 5 times just to finish it

i had it at

SPOILER ALERT
when you go in the fords owned by the captains you get into an arena with a boss fight the fight itself was hard and easy it was easy in the way you could defeat him tho you had to spam your potion buttons. And when he got a lucky crit or special attack in you where admiring the floor since it only took 1 hit (same goes for the last fight in the dream.

4) a larger world and maybe a story beside the main story or just the ability to explore the world freely.

5) improving mind reading, at the start it was fun and awsome because people thought funy things about there daily life, but after the starting area it just became "you gained new insights" witch was a bit dull to do every time

6) dragon form and the freedom to use it, get more areas or less shields but it was anoying to have to take a lever down every time just to advance a bit in the game.

7) also having your dialogue options determin the course of the story now it din't really matter what you choise or in some quests it did but not as mutch as i would like to see.

8) i also liked the charm system and enchant system tho the charming could use a bit more work since there werent that many to put in or the where all low levl

9) and last a way to enhance your tower visually and maybe for combat aswel that in the future the fog lifts (wich was kinda shit could have done more with the island) so you can run around on it or that damian asaults your tower and you have to defend them from entering. The fight you had to do when you got it was fun but you coulnd really feel that the where attacking your tower since the dint even get near it.

same for the trainers the where awsome made you feel more powerfull, tho maybe inplement aswel a blacksmith for example for weapons and armor

most idea's are probably on here, just posting my ideas since i dint read all the pages

greets
Posted By: Raze Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 17/02/10 09:15 PM

Being able to fall safely from heights is part of being a dragon slayer (people who attack flying creatures and can not take a fall don't last very long). Levitation strong enough to control descent is at least as reasonable as transforming into a dragon, which nobody seems to have a conceptual problem with.

There was a bug with not being able to walk over some objects. At least with the NA Xbox version I have not had any problems passing through trees, and the game has actually been too aggressive teleporting me out of situations it thought I was stuck in (trying to get up higher on mountains or buildings, get though places, or check behind stuff, etc).

With RPGs I usually avoid the main plot as long as possible to make sure I have explored everywhere and done all the side quests. Rushing through usually isn't a good idea even when it is possible or practical.

The combat system is pretty heavily level dependent. So far I have not run into any difficult sections where I couldn't just go somewhere else first.

I though the new insights were the best part of mindreading. Funny or interesting comments are great, but IMO stat/skill points are the main motive for mindreading. Of course it would be nice to get comments in addition to any tangible bonuses.

More and larger scale consequences would be nice, though that would significantly increase the development time, etc.
Posted By: Lostsheep Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 20/02/10 11:10 AM
I'd like to see keys that disappear from your inventory when you've used them! I think I had fourteen in the undroppable "quest items" part of my inventory at the end.
Posted By: tocumi Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 21/02/10 12:18 AM
Would it be possible for someone, perhaps the author to summarize or list all the wish posting so it would be easier to see and prevent duplication or further expansion on a topic that was already listed? I am sure this would be easier for the developer and others too look at rather than going through pages of posting.

Perhaps separating the wish list into categories like:
things that can be implement in a patch (optimization, better implementation, bug fixes, etc.)

Downloadable content or expansion (i.e. new skills, new land, etc.)

and perhaps future game like DIII (i.e. more transformations (land lizards, underwater dragons), growing a village, multiplayer, recordable events.

Just a thought.
Posted By: Kein Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 21/02/10 10:35 AM
Do you realize that there is no real feedback between forum users and devs? Well, except some critical cases and some "special" users (there is just a few of them). There is no reason to do something with all this suggestions. Ofc someone from devs/publishers are reading them, but that doesn't mean they will be immediately applied. Just for lulz, I'd read old suggestion thread (before D2 was released, so, it was suggestions for upcoming D2) - know what? Yeah, I think you know the answer - almost no suggestions was used in the game.

Anyway, I can't edit my posts after some time. And to categorize all things you need mods rights. So far I saw only one mod here, and she is very rarely appears on forums/section.
Posted By: Greever Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 22/02/10 09:41 AM
Do you realize that there is no real feedback between forum users and devs? Well, except some critical cases and some "special" users (there is just a few of them). There is no reason to do something with all this suggestions. Ofc someone from devs/publishers are reading them, but that doesn't mean they will be immediately applied. Just for lulz, I'd read old suggestion thread (before D2 was released, so, it was suggestions for upcoming D2) - know what? Yeah, I think you know the answer - almost no suggestions was used in the game.

Anyway, I can't edit my posts after some time. And to categorize all things you need mods rights. So far I saw only one mod here, and she is very rarely appears on forums/section.

That's a very bitter point of view. We do read these threads and are influenced by them. Not saying we're going to implement everything that's here but we do look at things people liked or disliked and either try to fix it or do better next time.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 03/03/10 07:22 PM
I think that one reason why people early on have such trouble surviving is that if you pick some bad skills, there is no way to respec until two-thirds of the way through the game. I think there should be an NPC in the Broken Valley village that can let you perform respecs. (The cost should start lower than 5000 gold, though. Maybe 500 gold.)

I agree that the rewards from treasure troves you have to get by mind-reading and solving puzzles should be of a higher quality than random loot from barrels. Perhaps they always have some amount of gold and one random magical item of some quality, plus some additional completely random stuff.

Divinity III

These suggestions aren't for the expansion, but something to consider in the next stand-alone game:

Bring back some elemental strengths/weaknesses to the combat. After playing Beyond Divinity and seeing its overly complicated system, I can understand why it was scaled back, but it doesn't need to be removed completely. The original system in Divine Divinity was simple enough to understand and use and added some strategy to fighting as a mage.

Bring back some of the other races. The first game had six races represented, even if three of them were almost entirely hostile. But there wasn't even a mention of Dwarves and Lizards in Divinity 2. It would be really nice to see villages and cities which have other races as the majority instead of just humans (humans could also use a bit of diversity, please).
Posted By: Kein Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 04/03/10 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Greever
Not saying we're going to implement everything that's here but we do look at things people liked or disliked and either try to fix it or do better next time.

You just can't implement everything :P Also, compiling all suggestions in one project make no sense anyway. Just trying to say I do understand what you mean.

Bring back some of the other races. The first game had six races represented, even if three of them were almost entirely hostile. But there wasn't even a mention of Dwarves and Lizards in Divinity 2. It would be really nice to see villages and cities which have other races as the majority instead of just humans (humans could also use a bit of diversity, please).

Asked for the same in the first post of this thread :P

FEATURE REQUEST:

Scalable font size in dialogs. Can we has one? Prettypleasewithsugarontop :P
Posted By: Meykson Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 04/03/10 09:55 AM
My suggestion is to include the Portuguese language in this expansion!
I and all the players of Brazil and Portugal are grateful! celebrate
Posted By: adieu Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 04/03/10 10:58 AM
D2: ED all I could ask for is two things:

1. Please run with the story at hand and pick up where you left off. I think I enjoy the story more than actually playing the game. Or at least I enjoyed playing the game to get to the next bit of story and NO game has ever done this for me before!

2. Please make sure the major bugs are fixed before release.

Ok 3 things:

3. Have fun, enjoy your work! For this will show in your games!

I saw a post above saying that the Dev's weren't reading, replying and I must say I've seen more interaction here by the Dev's than I could say for several other games put together. Cheers
Posted By: Macbeth Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 04/03/10 01:29 PM
About the story: you'll pick up right where you left off, which can be done with a character you played, i.e. from a savegame.

So if you play from the beginning of Divinity II and have the expansion also, it will feel like you're playing one big game without interruption.
Posted By: Macbeth Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 04/03/10 01:42 PM
I'd read old suggestion thread (before D2 was released, so, it was suggestions for upcoming D2) - know what? Yeah, I think you know the answer - almost no suggestions was used in the game.

Untrue. We read the suggestions and sometimes incorporate them, if possible and if we feel it would benefit the game. I remember a list going round in the office at some point during development that listed suggestions/requests copy-pasted directly from the forum.

One example I can give: someone posted - I don't remember who - that it would be cool to find out what happened to the character Buad from Divine Divinity, which influenced me to write a quest about him, a quest that is now in Divinity II. smile
Posted By: Urath Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 04/03/10 03:59 PM
My suggestion is to have a more open world maybe with an orc/goblin war camp, i dont know which is which ever since the orcs had been replaced by goblins as the main brutes but anyway a way your dragon can land that was a total bummer a dragon who can't walk it just doesn't seem right,lastly no more endings that are so.... whats the word..oh yes!! defeatist if you can take these into account ill be a very happy person if you don't i still like divinity the way it is its a classic 4 me though it can be tweaked to make it better.

--------------------------
Dont fix it
if it isn't broken
Posted By: Urath Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 04/03/10 04:13 PM
forgot to mention more body parts for the pet i generally don't release it often because it looks so ugly and the fact it will cramp my style im playing a dragon knight how bad and uncool will he feel if he doesn't get a new look to go with whatver curves he has
Posted By: virumor Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 04/03/10 06:30 PM
- New music tracks from Kirill Pokrovsky

- Finish the business between the Dragon knight & Commander Rhode

- The ability to kill enemies on the dragon in dragonform, but at the cost of a significant XP penalty to balance it out
Posted By: reclinemusic Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 04/03/10 09:23 PM
In the next game, go back to the classic top-down / isometric view. Diablo 3 will prove that this style is not dead.
Posted By: sloo_monster Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 04/03/10 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by reclinemusic
In the next game, go back to the classic top-down / isometric view. Diablo 3 will prove that this style is not dead.

or not. I personally am not a fan of that view. Granted I would like a little bit more close in how close or far I am in this game and maybe be able to change the angle to some degree, but I do not want a top down view and I would especially hate it if I was forced into a top down view only.

And Dialbo 3 probably won't come out for another couple of years, so good luck with that(I have no idea if this is true, although it probably is, but nor do I care).
Posted By: sloo_monster Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 04/03/10 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by Macbeth
I'd read old suggestion thread (before D2 was released, so, it was suggestions for upcoming D2) - know what? Yeah, I think you know the answer - almost no suggestions was used in the game.

Untrue. We read the suggestions and sometimes incorporate them, if possible and if we feel it would benefit the game. I remember a list going round in the office at some point during development that listed suggestions/requests copy-pasted directly from the forum.

One example I can give: someone posted - I don't remember who - that it would be cool to find out what happened to the character Buad from Divine Divinity, which influenced me to write a quest about him, a quest that is now in Divinity II. smile

This is awesome and I wish more game companies did it.

Edit: sorry for the double post
Posted By: Urath Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 05/03/10 10:04 PM
Could we have the reappearance of Rivellon most iconic villain the Dread knights they were so PWNage in the first game they were intimidating at that
Posted By: Kein Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 09/03/10 10:20 PM
Yeah, can't disagree here. Those guys rocked >_>
Posted By: zonaren Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 17/03/10 03:00 PM
-option to disable floating loot bags (loot directly from dead monster\NPC\barriers etc.)
-option to disable visual aim-help arrow (when pointing on NPC\monsters\barriers etc.)
-manual block (like Oblivion)
-inventory item-stacking must work on everything (does not work with books etc.)
-fix item weight to be realistic
-more stats (From titan quest)
-Attack Speed
-DPS (DamagePerSecond)
-Resistances (Fire,Frost,Poison,Lightning,Slow,Stun etc.)
-Greatest Damage Dealth

more to come... smile
Posted By: Ger Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 18/03/10 05:13 PM
I'm really loving the game and everyone can make suggestions but obviously game producers cannot always incorporate the suggestions due to engine constraints or the amount of work involved -plus they have to take into account fun for everyone, not just the individual. I find it funny that some people complain about suggestions not being used but have absolutely no clue how much work goes into every little aspect of the game.

We REALLY need a way to skip past a video scene. Having to sit through the starting credits every time you start the game, or the ship scenes every time you start a new character is annoying. I can honestly say I never remember playing a game that you could not "escape" out of a video.

I would personally like more customization to our character. Being able to adjust the character height would be nice, but at least more than brown or blonde hair.

Simple toggle to control whether we can see the helm or not. Realistic? No, but possible to skip seeing some of the not so appealing helms -especially ones that look like mexican wrestling masks.

Now some that may be hard based on the engine -A way to rotate the camera to see your character from any angle, and a little leeway in zooming out from your character to take in a bit more scenery.
Posted By: Raze Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 18/03/10 10:10 PM

Not being able to skip cutscenes is kind of annoying. There are no required starting credits in the Xbox version; after the Larian logo, when and the DTP graphic comes onscreen, you can hit the start button to bring up the menu.

Character customization options are nice in theory, but in practice once you put on a couple pieces of equipment what you choose doesn't matter most of the time.

In the Xbox version you can rotate the camera freely using the right stick, though the only distance choice is standard or (by holding the left trigger down) an almost over the shoulder view. With the left trigger down, though, moving the right stick rotates your character, so you can not move the camera in front of the character.

For the PC version you can pan the camera around freely when paused (hold the middle mouse button down), or use the mouse to zoom in or out during play (with the angle linked to the distance).

Standing near a wall or tree can force the camera to move closer.

Posted By: Coes Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 19/03/10 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by KnightPT
People like visiting a dwarf city, or an elven forest, or a (insert Race X here) environment. It makes the gameplay diferent and its clearly separated in our mind as "an extra spot" and makes the game feel more epic, larger and more "alive".

THIS
Posted By: Urath Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 19/03/10 05:04 PM
just out of interest i know the elves are extinct (sad face) but what about the other races i can't imagine a rivellon where dwarves no longer exist telling us mere humans we stink of pig,oh the tragedy.......if anybody knows please let me know if not oh well.......
Posted By: Kein Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 24/03/10 09:01 AM
Yeah, dwarves (and other races) was already requested few times :P
Posted By: Kein Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 31/03/10 07:52 AM
Oh, I just remembered that we have store in Battle Tower that would be nice ti transfer with saves in addon. Don't want to lose all my loot I collected :<
Can we have our gears transfered in addon as well please? :P
Posted By: SpikeA Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 31/03/10 08:35 PM
I agree with a previous poster on Skippable Cutscenes and Intro Credits.

I'm sorry, but it REALLY peeves me when I have to see the developer logo's each time I start up the game. I know you guys are really proud of it, but I got it the first time and it's just an annoyance to see it EVERY TIME the game starts.

Same deal with the cutscenes, when I fail and have to reload a previous save, say, before a boss fight, I hate having to keep watching it over and over.
Posted By: Firronox Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 01/04/10 10:53 AM
I would like to see most of what was listed above and also maybe some STATS for dragon form.
Also - the ability to level up dragon skills and stats somehow (I really don't know how - maybe "places of power" or special quests or some such), not just Dragon Skill Book - which is a OK idea but could be more creative.

And now I repeat myself and some other users:

Ability to attack land creatures,
Ability to go melee as a dragon (you could add a special button for it, so by presiing it near the enemy, or when enemy is selected - you would engage in a melee with him in air or on the ground)
Ability to land as a dragon (and move on the ground)

And again - give our dragon 4 limbs and 2 wings - so he could use them for something (like going melee, walking on the ground etc) otherwise it is just a scalie bird or a wyvern. Maybe when our protagonist becomes more powerful this advanced "true" dragon form will become available for transforming into (something like that - like taping more into the draconic origins - and becoming more powerful Dragon Knight).

On the side note.

Larian guys - you are awesome! XD
There is just too little games like yours. Fix bugs, spend a bit more time on polishing the game and you are cooked!
And for future possible sequel let it still be a dragon protagonist (at least for one more game in the series) - I love draconic RPGs - and there is simply no game like this one - where being a dragon is really a huge part of gameplay (well maybe save for the I of the Dragon game - but it was flawed).

So keep up the good work and hope to see some nice changes in the upcoming add-on and future possible sequels.

Thanks guys!
Posted By: Raze Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 01/04/10 07:36 PM

The game was originally designed to allow the dragon form to attack land opponents, but it required too much memory and had too much of a framerate hit.

The 'dragon' form was deliberately designed as a wyvern, to better correspond to the human form (ie arms become wings, rather than wings just sprouting out of the character back, or something).
Posted By: Kein Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 02/04/10 01:26 PM
The game was originally designed to allow the dragon form to attack land opponents, but it required too much memory and had too much of a framerate hit.

Link to the info please/ :P
Posted By: Raze Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 02/04/10 05:11 PM

Lar stated this in the topic Design ideas for Divinity 3 (mostly for Larian).
Posted By: Firronox Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 03/04/10 12:37 PM

The 'dragon' form was deliberately designed as a wyvern, to better correspond to the human form (ie arms become wings, rather than wings just sprouting out of the character back, or something).

But why then the Patriarch, the true dragon has the same form - two legs plus wings?
Although the skeletons of the dragons found everywhere in the game have four legs plus wings...

Just weird.
Posted By: Urath Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 03/04/10 04:40 PM
it seems there are many loops in the divinity universe but i guess most of it will be answered in the upcoming add-on hopefully but i think they were just trying to improvise making the game better as a whole rather than focusing on one area not much reason to chase the issue
Posted By: Raze Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 03/04/10 05:22 PM

But why then the Patriarch, the true dragon has the same form - two legs plus wings?

Perhaps that is how he wanted to appear for your character's benefit? He had arms, legs and wings in Divine Divinity.
Posted By: Meykson Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 03/04/10 07:00 PM
Ability to attack land creatures,
Ability to go melee as a dragon (you could add a special button for it, so by presiing it near the enemy, or when enemy is selected - you would engage in a melee with him in air or on the ground)
Ability to land as a dragon (and move on the ground)[2]
Posted By: Kein Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 03/04/10 07:11 PM
Raze
Thanks.
Posted By: Skeigh Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 04/04/10 08:36 PM
> Why not be able to read the books without having to put them in your inventory first.

> Walk through floating loot instead of having to 'click' on it.

> how about being able to outfit your runners with your own loot instead of having to buy it from your 'trainers'.

> Be able to swap 'charms' at a cost comparible with the charm to remove and it's replacement.

> when you first become the dragon, why does it stop before you can destroy everything on the floating islands?

> Get rid ot the pet taking a leak all the time. Gets boring VERY QUICKLY!
Posted By: Kein Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 05/04/10 08:08 AM
> Walk through floating loot instead of having to 'click' on it.

To pick up every junk? No thanks.
Also, D2 isn't an action shooter, it is RPG at first place.
Posted By: Predator WH Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 05/04/10 04:47 PM
I just started playing this game but it feels really odd not being able to block. I wonder why the developers left this out.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 05/04/10 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Predator WH
I just started playing this game but it feels really odd not being able to block. I wonder why the developers left this out.

Because those calculations are done by the numbers behind the scenes. It'd also slow the action down.
Posted By: Kein Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 06/04/10 11:03 AM
Yeah, it uses old good AC factor and just lower damage.

Still, AC bonus is useless compare to damage bonus of 2-handed/dual-wielding weapon, so, personallt I think that shield block would be a nice factor here. Makes choices (between attack/defence) fair not so obvious.
Posted By: QuidProQuo Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 08/04/10 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by zonaren

-manual block (like Oblivion)

Yes, please! I signed up on to these forums just to mention that I loved everything about Divinity II I just really, really wanted a block button so I felt like I had some sort of control when I died (especially in 1 vs 1)

Or at least let dodging be a lot faster. Just give us some sort of control otherwise some fights just feel like coin flips at times. I
Posted By: Urath Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 08/04/10 07:50 PM
i dont want to push it with the wishlist but i had a pretty good idea that the dragon can on occasion have dog fights with the other dragons like in Divinity ; Lovis has a dog fight with Brom another dragon knight and bites off his head all im saying is it would make the dragon form a bit more immersed with Enemies rather than breathing fire on them for god knows how long you rather chew off their heads or make a rather deep gash in their wings
Posted By: Bhearus Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 11/04/10 01:42 PM
More skill points, multiple endings, moral choices. =)

Plus everything above this post.

I Look forward to it. =)
Posted By: Rufo Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 19/04/10 01:07 PM
I would want more customization regarding the pc model :body, face, hair.Also more moves for the dragon other than skills like tackling,claw attacks etc. More diverse skills like elemental, melee moves.More diverse NPC interactions : allies, intimidation (like mugging bandits or something), persuasion for more goodies smile.There is a separate tab that doesn't consume inventory space for formulas and books.
Posted By: Grumbledock Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 21/04/10 03:29 AM
I would really like to see an option for enemies to respawn, maybe not the bosses and other really though enemies, but boars (wildlife) and maybe some goblins. The world became unnaturally empty and dead after clearing out the first bunch of enemies in an certain area.
So, optional respawn (yes/no) or maybe only respawn for normal/hard. Not just for exp/loot, but to make a living world seem more living. The enemies should try to recapture their "homes" or get out to avenge their friends death. Nothing too fancy, but I reminder that it's a living world and that it's not a "safe heaven" outside the cities smile
Posted By: Rufo Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 21/04/10 09:26 AM
It would also be nice to have raids on the battle tower to give a sense danger even in your own home. The prize would be like in the wave of enemies is a boss or something or scavenging equipment? Plus to feel lordly like having peasants and stuff forgiving gold overtime.
Posted By: Kein Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 28/04/10 09:40 AM
I don't get it. What does mean "sense danger even in your own home"?
Posted By: Grumbledock Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 29/04/10 02:00 AM
That not even in your mighty Battle Tower, are you completly safe. The forces of evil may try a direct attack at you and your home smile

Ont:
I would really like to see some quest-markers for side-quests. It's annoying to have to run around the map looking for a unknown place just because the description didn't do it or because your English isn't that great (aka you're tired). smile
Posted By: Raze Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 29/04/10 03:54 AM

Why would you always know exactly what you need and exactly where to get it? The whole point of exploring is the possibility of finding new stuff. Having quest markers for everything would require a more linear quest design, and eliminate one of the main motives to explore.
Posted By: Joram Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 29/04/10 08:52 AM
Maybe a possibility to set "Questmarkers" ON or OFF ?

I play also on Xbox "Venetica" and in that game you can set ON or back OFF always the markers of 1 Quest!
So I can choose to set always markers for finding some direction for 1 quest I'm looking for ... and so I wish I can set the markers for another quest, etc ...
OR I can choose to NOT use these marker-function at all! wink

For me markers aren't necessary, but the possibility to make use of it is a good design-setting the developers of Venetica did wink
Posted By: Grumbledock Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 30/04/10 03:14 AM
Originally Posted by Joram
Maybe a possibility to set "Questmarkers" ON or OFF ?

I play also on Xbox "Venetica" and in that game you can set ON or back OFF always the markers of 1 Quest!
So I can choose to set always markers for finding some direction for 1 quest I'm looking for ... and so I wish I can set the markers for another quest, etc ...
OR I can choose to NOT use these marker-function at all! wink

For me markers aren't necessary, but the possibility to make use of it is a good design-setting the developers of Venetica did wink

I think that sounds like a great idea!
I myself always explore the world no matter if I have a quest encouraging me to or not smile
Though, at soem point you've already explored the region and maybe you've only got a few quests left, but can't find their location (that's annoying). It would be great if there was a possibility to (optionally) see the location of a quest, and great if you're going to a region you can do any quests close to it too smile
Posted By: Kein Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 01/05/10 10:23 AM
May be make it as difficulity related thing? Like, on easy you has markers everywhere, on hard level - you don't.
Posted By: Catelee2u Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 08/05/10 07:53 PM
I remember looking into the sky in Divinity 2 all the time and seeing floating orbs or ufo's up there and wondering what the heck they were. I'd love to be abducted by aliens or find out flying orbs have some significance to dragons.

I'd like to see Larian make an rpg game related to aliens and space and abduction because they have such a unique take on things that it would be completely different to anything that's been done before. I'd also love a Divinity 3.
Posted By: Kein Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 09/05/10 01:09 PM
I'd like to see Larian make an rpg game related to aliens and space

I lost. How in the hell it's related..?
>_>
<_<
Posted By: VVVVVV Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 15/05/10 04:41 AM
Perhaps that is how he wanted to appear for your character's benefit? He had arms, legs and wings in Divine Divinity.
Is Orobas a true dragon too? His skeleton also has 4 limbs and 2 wings ))
I shit bricks when I saw 2leg2winged dragon in the game. Perhaps it worth to call it "D2: Ego Wyverus"? =\
Posted By: Raze Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 15/05/10 06:36 AM

Orobas was a dragon knight, though one of the more powerful ones. His skeleton does appear to have arms... maybe that's an upgrade when dragon knights get old, strong or favoured enough.

Posted By: Catelee2u Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 15/05/10 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Grumbledock
That not even in your mighty Battle Tower, are you completly safe. The forces of evil may try a direct attack at you and your home smile

Ont:
I would really like to see some quest-markers for side-quests. It's annoying to have to run around the map looking for a unknown place just because the description didn't do it or because your English isn't that great (aka you're tired). smile

I'd really hate thst if it was a constant thing. A one off attack I could live with so long as not too much damage was done but I like having a sanctuary to escape to now and then.
Posted By: Raven.rpg Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 15/05/10 06:13 PM
I repeat again
Robes"n"staves
Posted By: VVVVVV Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 16/05/10 03:47 AM
For the PC version you can pan the camera around freely when paused (hold the middle mouse button down), or use the mouse to zoom in or out during play (with the angle linked to the distance).

Standing near a wall or tree can force the camera to move closer.
How to hide interface to make screenshots like that: 1, 2, 3,...?
Zoom also isn't work (is it on mousewheel?).
Posted By: Raze Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 16/05/10 04:15 AM

I don't think the interface can be hidden (in any released version of the game, anyway).
For those screenshots, at least the third one was provided by Larian before the game's release, and I'm pretty sure the first two were as well. Many of the early pre-release screenshots did not include the interface, until its form was finalized.

On the PC the camera distance is linked to the angle, and can be changed by moving the mouse forward or back. When the game is paused you can hold the mouse wheel down to pan the camera around.
Posted By: VVVVVV Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 16/05/10 05:14 AM
I mean zooming in dragon form )
Well... Then I want to have possibility to remove interface from the screen in next game grin
Or at least autohiding unnecessary part of it (slots for magic/items when not using them). Also "Pause" pic with 2 buttons covers too much [Linked Image]
Posted By: Kein Re: [Suggestions] Divinity wish list - 17/05/10 12:19 PM
Can't do anything but support this feature. Srsly, Larian games has no ability to customize things regarding to UI and camera. It's 2010 already, guys.
© Larian Studios forums