Larian Studios
I can't speak English, sorry.
I'm Korean and I was amazed at how long I watched Baldur's Gate 3.
It's a game I've been waiting for 20 years.
But I'm Korean.
Many Koreans give up even if they don't want to play games or want to play games that are not Korean language.
Because it is not in Korean language.
This story is embarrassing in the global age, but it is true
Even today I saw a lot of articles about giving up on Baldur's Gate 3 buying in the Korean community.
Please, please consider the localization of Baldur's Gate 3.
I like Baldur's Gate 3.
I like larian studio
I was impressed with the games of larian studio.
I want to have more people like me.

It is possible additional languages may be added.
Originally Posted by Raze

It is possible additional languages may be added.

Regarding to Steam, only the text in the game will be localized but not the voices.
I mean your first game Divine Divnity was full localized into german and that was in 2002. 18 years later it isn´t possible anymore?

Divine Divinity wasn't fully voiced (and there was a lot less dialogue in general), and the publishers for other localisations handled the voice acting.
Of course it is possible to voice other languages, but the pipeline for doing the motion capture, animations and processing is currently being developed and updated, and there is a delay before text is finalised and then gets translated. Whatever the cost benefit analysis is of other languages, adding any at the same time would be an additional level of complexity to the project.
Originally Posted by Raze

Divine Divinity wasn't fully voiced (and there was a lot less dialogue in general), and the publishers for other localisations handled the voice acting.
Of course it is possible to voice other languages, but the pipeline for doing the motion capture, animations and processing is currently being developed and updated, and there is a delay before text is finalised and then gets translated. Whatever the cost benefit analysis is of other languages, adding any at the same time would be an additional level of complexity to the project.

From this interview:

[b"]Jumping back to dialogue, one of the things I don’t like in some RPGs is characters that don’t talk. They speak in Baldur’s Gate III but I noticed they don’t voice their dialogue choices. Was this done as a way to give the character a personality while also retaining many dialogue choices?[/b]

With Original Sin 1, we introduced a tag system. If you’re playing a fighter, you’ll have dialogue options specific to a fighter. In Original Sin II, we kept on adding more and more tags. You made a choice and it has ripple effects. Here, we’re using these things more and more. There are many dialogue choices that are custom-built for origin characters.

This comes down to budget and manpower. If you don’t have enough writers to come up with all of that stuff, you can’t do it. Without the money to voice record all of it, you can’t do it. If you don’t have the scripters to script all of those different things you can’t do it. We identified the strengths of Original Sin, improved on them, and made them even stronger in Baldur’s Gate III."

If MONEY is the problem you can do a kickstarter for different languages. Yes, it will make a delay but beside the languages which will improve the game feeling much more on the other hand it´s more time for fine tuning and finding bugs. It´s a win-win situation. To reason for a rush release at all.

I am also of another nationality, like our Korean companion. It would be very cool to have a nationality and also a national voice acting. Here, we Brazilians give a lot of support to our voice actors. Some of them are very dear to the community of gamers and also to RPG players (which ends up encompassing the Geeks, gamers, and lovers of animations and films).

I would love to read the entire text of the storys of game in Portuguese, but it would be incredible to have a national voice acting. The immersion would be much greater, in addition to the fact that our dubbing is considered one of the best in the world and probably the best in Latin America. For the Brazilian people, this would be very well accepted and a great positive point for the expectation that we are about the game.
© Larian Studios forums