Larian Studios
One day before its release, Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga, the great RPG of Larian Studios for PC and Xbox 360, illustrates itself today through a new series of exclusive images!

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga includes Ego Draconis, the original adventure completely remastered and the brand new adventure Flames of Vengeance, offering a lot of new quests, items, monsters, and providing a spectacular final to the great Divinity II saga!

The extension Flames of Vengeance will be available exclusively for download on the official online store for all owners of Divinity II - Ego Draconis on PC, who will then continue their adventure in this great RPG.

Finally, note that all players who bought Divinity II - Ego Draconis on Steam will receive a discount of 33% on Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga on the Valve store. Enjoy the fully remastered version of Ego Draconis and the new adventure Flames of Vengeance and 3 Steam exclusive armour sets.

Discover without further delay the 5 exclusive images before the official release early November on Xbox 360 in Europe, and tomorrow on PC worldwide.

View the images
The screens look colourful and wonderful. I look forward to the DKS!
Want! me want! horsey
Thank you up

Soon, very soon smile
Shame theres still no X360 Shots.
Hopefully somebody uploads gameplay of it!
Hello DivineGamer,

Sorry about not putting up Xbox360 screens, but it's not about not wanting to do it.
We are a small dev team (doing big things well) and it's mainly a lack of time.
On the other hand the screens from both the PC and the Xbox360 version are both very beautiful.
Looks great, cant wait to get this on this weekend Had to stop playing Divinity II today as i guess the save is useless due to all the awesome changes. You guys and gals should be proud, your definately one developer team that truly plays these games and cares about the followers of the game. Big thumbs up wish thier was more like ya.

My copy has been sent!! cheer

So it'll be here tomorrow.. only one day left

thankyou Larian for this game and for answering just about every question I had.
Oh nice! Thanks for the very sweet words, both of you welcome
Originally Posted by FocusTeam
One day before its release, Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga, the great RPG of Larian Studios for PC and Xbox 360, illustrates itself today through a new series of exclusive images!

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga includes Ego Draconis, the original adventure completely remastered and the brand new adventure Flames of Vengeance, offering a lot of new quests, items, monsters, and providing a spectacular final to the great Divinity II saga!

The extension Flames of Vengeance will be available exclusively for download on the official online store for all owners of Divinity II - Ego Draconis on PC, who will then continue their adventure in this great RPG.

What's the DRM and its terms and limits (if there are any) for these versions of these products?
I was looking into the Larian store to see what was going on there, but it's in a complete other language is it possible to find it in English?

Edit: Nevermind, must of updated it while I was asleep!! Two more questions, are you going to have Exlusives through the store as Steam Version, and do you accept US Dollars?
Just click the English flag or follow this link:

http://www.larianvault.com/?lang=en
Mmm, thanks, I don't think that was there last night ^^;;;

Two more questions, are you going to have Exlusives through the store as Steam Version, and do you accept US Dollars?

I don't know about equipment bonuses (they don't mention any on the product description page), but the payment processing company should automatically convert currencies as required.
mm, alright, I'll just wait another day.

Originally Posted by MysterD

What's the DRM and its terms and limits (if there are any) for these versions of these products?

I asked the question there, but no clear answer, only a debate on on-line activation:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=422811#Post422811

Imarion
Originally Posted by Imarion

Originally Posted by MysterD

I asked the question there, but no clear answer, only a debate on on-line activation:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=422811#Post422811

Imarion

We know Steam version contains Steamworks DRM + additional Securom Internet DRM w/ 5 installs.
We know LarianVault games will contain some sort of DRM with 3 install limit w/ deactivations.

We do NOT know what the Retail version contains.
The DRM is activation full info here.
http://www.larianvault.com/faq.php

-can activate by phone
-3 activations (uninstalling "properly" well free up an activation, need to be online for this)
-additional downloads allowed (within reason)
-can request for additional activations in the future from support.
-backups are allowed!

requests have to be within reason. Seems to be as unintrusive as possible for DRM. How it should be.

My question, when are they going to put the updated versions of BD and DD there?

And estimate of 2hr10min to download. That is pretty fast for a 6gb download. Gonna look forward to playing this remastered version after work.
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
The DRM is activation full info here.
http://www.larianvault.com/faq.php

-can activate by phone
-3 activations (uninstalling "properly" well free up an activation, need to be online for this)
-additional downloads allowed (within reason)
-can request for additional activations in the future from support.
-backups are allowed!

requests have to be within reason. Seems to be as unintrusive as possible for DRM. How it should be.

Some people's definition of "unintrusive" might be different. It really depends on who you are talking to and whose DRM scheme Larian is actually using here.

Honestly, I should be able to back my game installer files up on disc(s), if they're forcing me to do some sort of require online activation before I can even boot the game up.

The stuff Larian is doing w/ DKS's DRM for downloaded versions of a game is pretty much commonplace nowadays - online activation; limited installs; revokes allowed; and back-ups can be made yourself.

Though, I'm NOT fond of Steam versions of games getting EXTRA DRM - I'm sorry, but Steamworks DRM itself IS ENOUGH, as it basically limits the game to ONLY ONE account can run the game anyways. Plus, you have to boot Steam program to run any Steam game, too.

The only ones who really suffer from DRM is one who actually buys and pays the game from legit places, anyways. Pirates can't suffer - b/c they unfortunately and likely got their hands on an illegal cracked version that doesn't come even equipped w/ the DRM.

I am confused....

I live in the U.S. If I go out and buy a physical U.S. PC copy of Ego Draconis will I be able to download the add-on and get the updated graphics for free from the larian store?

Also, what about U.S. Xbox 360 updates?

Yes, you should be able to buy D2:ED for PC, get FoV and then get the conversion patch when it is done. The patch release has to be made through the D2:ED publishers, though.
Posted earlier today in the topic D2:ED + FoV vs DKS?

Originally Posted by Lar_q
Check out Steam (tomorrow probably) - existing ED buyers will be able to get DKS at a reduction through the system they have in place.

Alternatively, you can get FOV if you have ED already, and download the ED+FOV to DKS patch that we hope to release in the near future (we're still making it)

For the Xbox version there will not be a conversion patch due to size restrictions, but I assume there will still be a patch to give the updates and fixes made to D2:ED with FoV.

Welcome to the forum. wave
Gamersgate has FOV for sale and it says specifically it works with boxed copies of ED. If you want to ignore the DKS release and treat FOV like a large DLC pack for ED, I would get it at Gamersgate. Steam seems to only be offering DKS, and even if they put FOV up it might only apply to Steam versions of ED.

Lots of acronyms there.
Downloading now at GG, estimated time of arrival is 2 hours 58 minutes. I am very much looking forward to playing this. grin

I don't care too much for Steam any more, they have become far to big for their boots. suspicion
What do you mean Paris, what's wrong with Steam?
Originally Posted by Jasmine Moldovia
What do you mean Paris, what's wrong with Steam?

I would guess it was because Steam sort of take control from you. You even have a little steam loader pop up when you want to play the game, and if you have steam loading when you boot up it is for ever nagging at you about something or other.

I prefer GG, were you can easily download and store your game collection, re-install and play without any fuss, and in most cases GG is cheaper. It's just my preference. wink

UPDATE: just 43 little minutes to go. grin
Yes, I don't dislike Steam really, but it does take a lot of control from the player which is one of the main reasons I am a PC gamer. I don't want patches forced on me for instance, I might not want to update for one reason or another (note: Steam has an option to turn off auto-updates, but it just means it does not update when you are not around, it still forces an update before launching the game and still offers no ability to roll-back after updating).

Also I don't like the vibe lately that you need to have your game on Steam, it gives them a lot of power to decide what comes out on PC similar to a console manufacturer like Microsoft or Sony.
Has anybody else noticed that thier frame rate is locked at 30 fps??
Originally Posted by Paris
[quote=Jasmine Moldovia]
I prefer GG, were you can easily download and store your game collection, re-install and play without any fuss, and in most cases GG is cheaper. It's just my preference. wink

Did you ever tried Direct2Drive?(works the same way as gamersgate)
I find that Gamersgate's game takes forever to download.

With d2d i always get 1.1MBs but with gg i get like 200-500KBs...

Has anybody else noticed that thier frame rate is locked at 30 fps??

I believe that fixes the performance/stuttering problems some people encountered in D2:ED. After the German version of FoV was released there was mention they might look at making it adjustable, but if you are not seeing any options for changing the frame rate then apparently that didn't happen.
Is the Direct2Drive.com versione multilanguage?
We actually tried making it an option, but it caused too many problems which is why we removed it again.
No sorry wink I was replying to the post before that.

I don't which versions direct2drive will be using - however, on www.larianvault.com you can get English, French, Italian and Spanish versions with a single purchase. (yes, I realize that I'm pitching our shop a lot today smile )
Yeah, I realized after my post. Thanks for the fast reply anyway smile
Anyway, if anyone buys DKS from Direct2Drive.com, can let us know what languages are included?
No sorry wink I was replying to the post before that.

I don't which versions direct2drive will be using - however, on www.larianvault.com you can get English, French, Italian and Spanish versions with a single purchase. (yes, I realize that I'm pitching our shop a lot today smile )

Are D2D versions of DKS or FOV using D2D's DRM?
Or Securom DRM (like Steam version uses)?
Or something else?
We actually tried making it an option, but it caused too many problems which is why we removed it again.

So, no matter what the game is stuck at 30fps on the PC version?

I was wondering why it was running so bad. Is there no way to get it to run better?
Oh, and the game still stutters when running at "30" fps. Are there any patches in the works? Thanks.

There was a problem when they removed the FPS cap, which they are in the process of tracking down. See Lar_q's post towards the end of the topic Frame Rate capped to 30 ?

For those of you with graphical problems.
Originally Posted by Raze

There was a problem when they removed the FPS cap, which they are in the process of tracking down. See Lar_q's post towards the end of the topic Frame Rate capped to 30 ?

For those of you with graphical problems.

Thanks for directing me to that thread. I truly do hope they get this resolved before long, it actually hurts my eyes in areas with heavy shadows >.<

We've finished work on the hotfix and will be testing it tomorrow - if that works out, we should have it online tomorrow too.
We've finished work on the hotfix and will be testing it tomorrow - if that works out, we should have it online tomorrow too.

I hope that it will be made availible on Impulse then.
It would probably greatly benefit you guys if you start selling boxed PC versions in NA. I am an XBox person, so I do not really have a chance to pirate anything (no want to do so) but for enough people I know who love this game to purchase a downloaded version simply doesn't cut it. There are bunch of working torrents available, and in a situation of choice - download for $40 v. download for free, in times of economic hardship pragmatism easily wins over morality. May be you guys don't want to spend money on publishers bec. you are afraid of overstocking, but 2-3 months later it might be too little too late for boxed PC version.
I thought they were but just delayed... I saw 11/26 somewhere...
Well, on amazon Canada it is - usually ships within 5 to 8 weeks. It kind of suck you know.
Originally Posted by vivaxardas
It would probably greatly benefit you guys if you start selling boxed PC versions in NA. I am an XBox person, so I do not really have a chance to pirate anything

Xbox piracy is pretty rampant actually, all you need is a mod chip and then it's easier than PC piracy. The reason it doesn't get as much press as PC piracy is because games on the Xbox still sell very well. Piracy is not the main issue with PC gaming, low sales is, and piracy is only a part of the reason for that.
Thanks for the updates smile
It would have been nice to see the Steam one without the additional Securom stamped on top of it )=. It's really overkill at that point and I hate activation systems. I have a feeling that "deleting local content" on Steam isn't going to be considered a proper uninstall either which, with 5 activations, shouldn't cause problems, but is still )=.
What about an Xbox 360 US release date? I don't have a PC, I have a Mac and I don't play games on my Mac. It is a waste of computer space.

They are still working on getting the Xbox version distributed in the US. There is a distributor for Canada, so you could order it online (were you so inclined), if we ever get it. Amazon.ca has the PC version moved back from 'Usually ships in 1 to 3 weeks' a couple days ago to 'Usually ships in 5 to 8 weeks', and I have not been able to find the Xbox version listed anywhere yet.
I have a hunch that DNS is gonna end up being a Christmas gift in Canada and something you'll find in your Easter basket in the US.
I will be very disappointed if it is not released for Xbox in the US.
It would be a very poor business decision to completely ignore an entire market. I have confidence that Larian will get the game to the states, I just dont know if I can wait that long lol.
Originally Posted by vizman
I will be very disappointed if it is not released for Xbox in the US.

If it does not, blame the US market and the publishers for not coming to terms for distributing it here.
I say blame microsoft for not making xbox games region code free.
Hello all,

It's not that we are ignoring the US market, why should we?

Currently the game is only available in the US via digital distribution (e.g. www.larianvault.com).
We're working on getting it in US stores as soon as possible but unfortunately can't confirm anything yet on the front. As soon as we have more info, we'll put up an announcement.

© Larian Studios forums