Larian Studios
Posted By: Garod Quest tracking in DKS - 11/11/10 08:24 AM
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to ask out of curriosity if the quest tracking system was done like this on purpose ?

Sometimes I felt the need to write things down simply because so many clues or mind reads are really important but they aren't anywhere in your log or quest tracker.

Just wanted to say that for me personally it would have been nice if that was recorded someplace, or that you had the possibility to record it someplace. Having a pen and paper next to you while playing is for me something which takes you out of the game world and there by lessens the imersion.

If it was by design, maybe a compromise would be to actually have a journal in game where you could write down your own notes or an update tracker which you could turn on/off to give you the option if you wanted to record those or not.

Posted By: melianos Re: Quest tracking in DKS - 11/11/10 08:45 AM
There is a journal ingame with your last discussions, it doesn't go all the way back to the beginning of the game, though.

It's somewhere in the inventory, with quests and achievments.
Posted By: Garod Re: Quest tracking in DKS - 11/11/10 08:56 AM
yes there is, but it only trakcs a couple of discussions and mind reads aren't in them.
Posted By: Dahbee Re: Quest tracking in DKS - 11/11/10 10:55 AM
It really would be nice for the NEXT game to just log all quest related interactions to file for each play session MMOS have a log feature, if turned on it logs everything (roughly 99%).
© Larian Studios forums