Larian Studios
Posted By: Joram Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 17/02/11 01:02 PM
Hi all,

first of all I wish to give a heartful thank you to Larian Studios for the many great improvements the DKS has undergo (last patch of february the 11th 2011 included) compared to the original Ego Draconis !!!
Just only one day played from level 1 to 6 and already blow away of amazement by discovering all the changed things !
Especially the "controls" and the new great feature to compare equiped gear with eachother by traders or in your own inventory ... etc etc ... I love it!!
Trading is from now on hundred times more a relief and a real pleasure !!
Also the improvements in graphics are awesome ( graphics I find really not the most important thing in a RPG, but to say this: the DKS is a lovely gift for your eyes in comparison with original Ego Draconis!).

EDIT: O, forgot to say a very important thing: how amazing I find all the loot I find and the wares the traders have!!! Really Great Fun !! Plus the humour and music is also very enjoyable & a real pleasure !!

A big claphands for all improvements (so far I've seen now) !!

So, yesterday my female hero "Lana" started in Farglow a new adventure ! Training in the arena she was almost nearby death (because of I, the controller of her movements, was a moment very clumsy!).
Good I trained many times over and over again to feel which class sweets me best and I, gamer, chose the Warrior. Wirldwind skill is always handy to start with smile !
Plus 4 in Strength is good to faster regenerate HP early on.
The first NPC's Lana Mindread (and do quests fro) are the traders. And mindreading Richard is also worth the XP dept ! Now he gives me 4 X more Gold and XP points for each Goblin heart!!

Doing a little bit fighting Golblins, mixed with solving some side quests and 1 main quest in Brocken Valley ... Lana reached level 6.
Soon more info about her stats and gear, but so far I can say I put 1 point in lockpick (Farglow), 1 in Summon Ghost (nice!) and put almost all statpoints in Vitality (now 16) to boost my HP first!! Despite this, Lana has already experiencet 2 or 3 nearby deaths ! She's very careful, but not too afraid to take some risks :hihi:

Greetings,
DKS gamer & his female hero Lana
Posted By: virumor Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 17/02/11 02:36 PM
I think the end will come at Amdusias... devil
Posted By: D00M Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 18/02/11 01:43 PM
Huh? is the 360 patch out?
Posted By: Macbeth Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 18/02/11 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by D00M

Yes! smile
Posted By: D00M Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 18/02/11 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Macbeth
Originally Posted by D00M

Yes! smile

Great! thank you birthday
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 21/02/11 02:45 PM
Yesterday Lana reached level 8. She just met Talana and after the "Dragon dream" and the conversation with Zandalor Lana killed a few enemies, gained a level and go back to Broken Valley Village via the Teleporter Shrine in the Goblin tribal .. time for doing some trading. smile

Lana's current stats are (with her Bow equiped) :

Skillpoints left: 2
Skills : Mindreading (3, 1 from Earrings), Lockpicking (3), Summon Ghost (2), Wirlwind (1), Poison Arrows(1, from Amulet), Hide in Shadows(1, from Bracelet ), Magic Blast(1), Ranger Stealth(1).

HP (& HP reg) : 337 (0,44%/sec)
Mana (& M reg): 131 (0,31%/sec)
XP : 17449 - rest to level 9 : 6551 xp)
Vitalty 33
Spirit: 2
Strength 4 - Cond. Body : 4 %
Dexterity 4 - Heig. Refl: 4 %
Intelligence 2 - Ind. Will : 2 %
Ranged Damage 30 (maximum)
Critical Change 16 %
Melee Resist. 19,62 %
Ranged Resist. 11,75 %
Magic Resist. 14,06 %
Total Empty Charm slots : 7

Most BOOST-points go into Vitality (a boost of 9!) and Healing Aura enchantm (both Rings have them). Also now wearing 2 pieces of 1 SET (Rivellon Guards Armour + Leggings) that give an extra boost in Ranged Armour Rating (+ 8).
Also have another bow with Life Leech level 1 and a one-handed sword (with also Life Leech) + nice shield. My Helmet is a SET piece of "Wild Dwellers".

All the loot and the goodies I can find or buy are so lovely and to "see" Lana walking with all that nice gear on ... amazing !!!

Nearby Death Experiences? Yes, a lot of them !! Early on, especially the Goblin Chiefs! But a great smile on Lana's lips if Lana kill them and take a Goblin heart afterwards biggrin Many Gold and XP Richard gives me already! Now I'm curious if I find more Goblin hearts in the area after I met Talana ...

Greetings,
DKS gamer & his female hero Lana smile

Note:
if I give in the past Ego Draconis a 7,5/10, now I give the DKS 9,5/10 !! There's really soooo many changed in the very good way !!!
So great, that it is almost only a matter of time to play from level 1 to 8 again if Lana get killed ... maybe indeed Amdusias will be the one, but I'm afraid a situation of one or more Black Ring Members together in combination with a weak moment or whatever can kill Lana more early on than meeting Amdusias! I'm more afraid of the Black Rings after the conversation with Patriarch the Dragon !! I remember that was a murderous situation!

Another more than happy bunny. stupid

Enjoy! cheer
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 03/03/11 09:07 AM
Here I'm back with news smile !

Lana still breathing delight ! Now she's level 11 (XP rest to L 12 = 9863 (ca 1700 dept) ).

Summon Ghost (3/5) is a really helpful lovely funny witty Ghost(y) ! If I haven't had this Ghost, Lana would be stone-dead for long !!
Finding different jewellery that have Healing Aura is very great thing. Have a bow with Life Leech level 03 and find a first Bow that belongs to a Armour Set: Wild Dwellers Bow (req. L 12). Lana is already wearing the Wild Dwellers Helmet, so I hope equip at level 12 both pieces give extra boost.
My apologies for making a mistake :
wearing the Cuirass & Leggings from the Set "Rivellon Guards Armour" give not + 8 to RAR***, but + 4 to RAR and + 4 to MAR.

Yesterday Lana find the correct way to make 2 extra Amulets! The first one in the Lost Cavern (nearby the Chapel Scrine): "Amulet of Slantwig"(skill: Rush Atack & 1 EES*). After finding 3 Talisman's (West, East & South) I hold them up in that order on the right place (nearby the place where you can find a book "Dusty Tomb" if I remember correctly) to conjure the Talisman of the North. Great Talisman !(+ 2 Wisdom skill + 3 EES + 2 to Magic damage + another skill I can't remember now ...).

I've found at level 10 the Skull for my Creature (but have only found a Goblin head and Arms, nothing more so far) and the Enchanter. But only accepted many new quests & don't solve none of them yet. First go for some rpg001 !
O, and also go into the Bandit Camp and accept even more quests smile.
Now I have many traders where Lana possible can buy many kind of interesting stuff: Martis, Noryfundus, Carlin, Lamotte, Derk, Locke, Dr Needleman, Mara, Folo, the Miller & the Priest !
Each time Lana go up a level, the first thing she do is looking what the shopkeepers have this time after their restock laugh ! Many times it is difficult to make decicions "what" to buy and what not LOL ... but it's also simple if Lana have not enough goldcoints to spend, even not a coint to spend .... "on drink and girls", like Richard recommend ... hahaha

Woow, this is really a great fantastic lovely funny RPG ! Freaking adictive and with a good replayability & since the last improvements even better !!!

Note:
* EES: empty enchantment slot
** ECS: empty charm slot
*** RAR: Ranged Armour Rating; MAR: Melee Arm. Rat., MgAR: Magic Arm. Rat.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 08/03/11 01:06 PM
Unfortunality ... I have to say ....
My female hero, Lana, is no more !! eek

Lana, she R.I.P.

(at least, I Hope so ... :hihi: )

I remember as it was today Zixzax, the Almost Wise, said to me about Bellegar ...
"I'd have named him: The old coot whose senility kicked in at eleven !"
... and with a big smile on my face nobody can stop me to laught aloud until my last breath flow away ...

Note:
comparing Ego Draconis with the DKS: In ED Amdusias was mostly of the time in his Dragonform totally NOT so dangerous!! Mostly of the time he didn't see me coming and taking that piece & I could simply take my time to read into the Orbis Arcesco ... Is it because I read the mind of Amdusias in his Dragonform ?!?

Oo ,that arrogant type of an Amdusias ! biggrin Next time I WILL find a way to rip him in pieces ! rpg003
But how? I must be sure to be the first (& fastest) one to make short work of him !

Ooo oooo, I make a big mistake in my strategy plan, a big mistake ... I've tried to jump right before Amdusias and using a melee weapon, but I was to slow and before I had the chance to start to attack him I hear a strange voice in my head : fear !!! That bastard cursed me with "fear" and the only thing my legs could do was running away from him !
Ooo doom and gloom ... two or three explosive arrows later I was almost killed ... my last salvation (I hoped!) was to make myself invisible, take some potions, summon my brave Ghost ... but I was ... to slow and I was not fast enough ... yes, I was certainly too slow ... and make use of the wrong skills to start the battle !

Posted By: Macbeth Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 08/03/11 01:44 PM
Just a for instance: Amdusias? You will die! evil

Originally Posted by virumor
I think the end will come at Amdusias... devil

Originally Posted by Joram
Unfortunality ... I have to say ....
My female hero, Lana, is no more !! eek
Oo ,that arrogant type of an Amdusias ! biggrin Next time I WILL find a way to rip him in pieces ! rpg003

Damn, we should have placed a bet! wink
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 08/03/11 02:17 PM
Hmmmm ... but Amdusias ... it MUST be possible to kill him, otherwise nobody can play further than Broken Valley ...
And strange is: in the Ego Draconis version I killed Amdusias in less than a minute with a good sword ... but I have the feeling my intelligence was a way higher and so my Indomitable Will was higher and he couldn't "fear" me (for long) .. I can't remember it clearly ...

But I wish to ask a question here :
Suppose : I have a strong Magical Sword (so with a good high Magic Damage!) and I hit Amdusias (or another enemy) with the sword.
1)What exactly does the Magic Damage DO ? Lower his HP or ... ? (I should think normal weapon damage lowered the HP)
2)And suppose the sword does some kind of magic damage like a magi spell do & I have invest points in magic spells like Destruction and Confusion : have these skills influence on the magic damage of that sword?

Sorry for my ("silly") questions ...I know I'm BORN to be very slow in "to let new knowlegde into my brains" ... by me it may take "some" time ..., a loooong time before I understand the real secrets of battle in a RPG ... the very first things I study in a RPG are mostly non-battle related cases ... like alchemy, trading, talking with NPC's and do quests, ... , solving puzzles like the best hahaha ...
Posted By: Macbeth Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 08/03/11 02:45 PM
Normal and magic damage essentially do the same thing: they lower the enemy's HP. The difference is that normal damage is augmented by your amount of strength and magic damage is augmented by your amount of intelligence. That's why weapons with higher magic damage are better for mage type characters because they typically have higher intelligence.

So is it possible to kill Amdusias in Nightmare mode? Yes, I've done it myself, but it took me a good few tries. ouchHis most deadly attack is his stun + explosive arrow(s) combo, so rush attacking him before he has a chance to fire those is actually a pretty good strategy. If you had resisted his fear spell you might well have ended up winning the fight – given you had a more than healthy supply of rejuvenation potions and your creature to back you up.
Posted By: virumor Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 08/03/11 09:32 PM
Jumping in the blood well helps, since even if he managed to cause fear to your character, (s)he won't run away due to being stuck in the well... and Amdusias will keep engaging you in melee.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 11/03/11 10:43 AM
Thanks for all the hints & tips wink

Now, I'm playing a brand new hero, this time started as a mage since I find Fireball more useful in the beginning than Wirlwind. Plus I go for a Ranger Mage Priest :hihi: ...
... concentrate on skills of the Mage, Ranger and Priest !
I like Summon Ghost and many other Priest skills. I like the Ranger skills and always love the magic spells smile

I take even more my time to play with "Jurdenson". And take another strategy. And it goes better this time and so far (now level 6), yeah ... simply said : IT goes better smile !

One of the things I've think about in the past while playing the DKS .. and try always to survive (not get killed one time) on nightmare mode (great adventure, great challenge !) is that I'm mostly tooo slow (I, the gamer) ... so I've decised to take skills that give me more time to handle (the "pause"-button on the Xbox I find a little annoying to use in dangerous places or moments, I'm soo clumsy).
So Stun Arrows & Confusion I take for sure ! And at least 1 point in Hide in Shadows (from gear) for escaping dangerous moments !
I think also take all kind of Summoning skills (Undead, Demon, Master Summoner and naturally "me nice Ghost(y)" :hihi: .. and Fear. Curse, I discover, is something like Ranger Supprise skill and I think I go for both skills, at least Ranger Supprise because I use frequently a bow ! I love using a bow in the DKS, I love using a 1-handed or 2-handed melee weapon also . In that case I always search in the first place fro a nice Bow that suits my hero best, second for a godo melee weapon too biggrin

Maybe I look over other skills that can make it better for a slow player ???
If someone can give some hints or tips, I'm in your debt ! But also many thanks in advance smile !

The more I play the Dragon Knight Saga, the more I gonna love this game !
Larian, you all did it again !! I love your genre of RPG's ...
... and I feel whole the time I play "this game has a Soul, this Game is a Gem" !!!

claphands

Posted By: Axel Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 11/03/11 12:53 PM
Personally I always pick Charm, that skill is very useful. Especially when you charm the healer of a group, not only will he stop healing his buddies, but he'll heal you instead! I think on Nightmare difficulty, that's something you really need!
Blind is useful too, makes an enemy totally idle for a while; if you have both this and Charm, you can make any group of enemies a lot weaker.

Also, if I may, I would recommend you first finish the game on Nightmare difficulty, without Hardcore rules: it will already be quite a feat, and that way if you want to try Hardcore later, you'll know what strategies to use against some very tough bosses like Amdusias. Otherwise I'm afraid you're going to replay Broken Valley 15 times before you manage to beat Amdusias :p

But it's up to you! wink
Posted By: Macbeth Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 11/03/11 01:07 PM
Axel is worried about you, Joram! It took him a good few days to get over Lana's death, the poor thing. frown

Anyway, Charm and Blind can indeed be real life-savers and ideal for the kind of character you're playing. But for 'lone' bosses like Amdusias, be sure to bring your creature! A warrior-style one will force him into melee combat and with a little bit of luck you'll have found an Undead head for it with Fatality.

Also, in areas where there are poison/fire/lava floors (e.g. the Bandit Camp or Barnabus' cave), be very careful, as on nightmare difficulty those mean instant death!
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 11/03/11 01:31 PM
Wow, thanks a lot Axel .

In fact, the Priest Skills are great and most of the time almost everyone on this forum is talking about the Mage and/or the Warrior skills plus the Weapon Expertise skills (I never take one of them yet!) like Dual Wielding etc ... Recently I saw someone that find "Charm" a very good skill.

I find it always funny to read in a game guide the maker of the guide writing down his/her personal preferences about the skills he/she like or did not like ! While he/she didn't like for instance Blind (mostly they say: "useless"), I begin to think about it ... it's so funny & sadly at the same time ... but for me something like that is NOT a guide (imo). A guide that write down the pro's and contra's of each skill, that's a real guide in my opinion ! But maybe I'm the only one with such an opinion . I'm sure ALL skills can be useful in some way, suits best in some way ... I wish to delete the word "useless skill" forever and ever !! evil

Why I look into a guide? If it has info, lists or something, a useful overview of information, let's say about all the charms or enchantments ... or it have a clear map .. I take a look.
But mostly I search it for myself and make my own notes. That give msot fasisfaction smile.

I think about playing on nightmare mode, but not "really" hardcore. I do love the Broken Valley part very much, but it's indeed not so funny anymore if I must replay 15 (or more) times ... Not so funny because I've other things to do in my life and so "TIME" is the thing that I have not enough in my life :hihi: ...

I have another idea:
each time my hero got killed, I only must load my previous save game (from 1 level back) and start from that point. Each time the hero die I post it here. I'm curious how many tries my hero needed to kill Amdusias biggrin

But this time I really start again ... because I was not happy with all the things I did before with Lana I. From the time I can go to an Illusionist (Battle Tower, I don't know if I can go to an Illusionist in Flames of Vengeance ?) and I got killed, I start & CAN change my name (and gender, so I wish) .. that will be very great ! biggrin birthday

EDIT, after I read Macbeth's post:
you mean the Temple of Doom ?(amongst other things later in the game).
That place was not a big deal, in fact. I'm more afraid of strong and/or fast (melee) fighter. wink

My creature : I didn't foudn enough body parts (I missed "Legs") so I (think) I can't make my creature before I have a head, torso, legs and arms ... or am I wrong? oops

Posted By: Macbeth Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 11/03/11 03:21 PM
Yeah, I meant the Temple of Doom, but if it was no biggie, all the better. smile

I think your new rule makes more sense, just because combat can be so brutally quick in DKS (as opposed to Divine Divinity).

Good luck with your next play-through. Let Jurdenson make Jurden proud! wink

P.S. It's a good idea to fiddle around with all kinds of skills in the beginning of the game. See what you like/don't like/use often and not so often. Maybe you'll like Blind, maybe not. (You'll definitely love Charm! grin ) You can unlearn and reassign all of them anyway once you have the Battle Tower and then opt for a more concentrated build.
Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 11/03/11 05:50 PM

The necromancer will have default legs (etc) he can use to build your creature, but they will not be as strong as the weakest ones you will eventually find yourself. The creature would still be a big help, though, even without the (initially small) bonuses to Conditioned Body / Indomitable Will / Heightened Reflexes that better legs provide.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 14/03/11 09:18 AM
Hahaha .. how stupid of me ! So I was thinking I couldn't make myself a Creature that battle with me against Amdusias (just because I haven't found 1 part, Arms) . LOL

Thanks Raze wink Next time this will not happen again delight

And o yes, Raze : if you start your playthrough (after 12th of april) on Xbox on nightmare mode difficulty it IS possible to reach the Enchanter Dreavan at level 8, at least 9 ! wink
Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 14/03/11 03:39 PM

Arms are probably the most important part after the head, since they can have hitpoint and/or melee/magic damage bonuses. The creature would still be pretty effective without hit point bonuses, you just might have to re-summon it a bit more frequently.

Unfortunately, Amazon.ca is giving a delivery estimate of the 21st to the 28th (too cheap to pay for express shipping), but by now what's an extra week or two?
Posted By: Macbeth Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 15/03/11 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Raze
Unfortunately, Amazon.ca is giving a delivery estimate of the 21st to the 28th (too cheap to pay for express shipping), but by now what's an extra week or two?

Hang in there Raze! That zen attitude will save you. bow
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 18/03/11 12:25 PM
Raze, your patiently waiting for playing the DKS will reward you well ! smile

Really, the DKS has many improvements since ED ! ED was for me already a very good & funny experience and after the relaese of the DKS even more great!!

I too have wait to begin to play my DKS till the patch including the nightmare difficulty (and some other fixes) was coming out. So yeah, 1 or 2 weeks waiting longer .. I wait at least 2 months ... :hihi:

Okay,
today Jurdenson is level 4. Still happy breathing ... just because he's very carefully. Almost each fight he summon his brave Ghost silence ! Invest 2 points in Summon Ghost. Take the mage path in the beginning & bought a Bracelet from Locke for a reasonable price that have a skillpoint in Fireball, so now Jurden has 2 points in Fireball. And put 1 point in Lockpick (in Farglow to open a chest). And now 1 skillpoint left. But I think I go for Fear (is very funny to use!) or Stun Arrows first, but take both skills, certainly . And many other Priest skills I take or wish to try (Charm, blind, Curse, Master Summoner & Master Herbalist ... ).

Jurden take his time to trade welcome, talk opa, mindread badsmile, fight rpg001, explore oops , enjoy delight, laught alout hahaha, think about next move think ... in a short way Jurden can say: "I have so much Fun !!" party

Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 21/03/11 10:25 AM
Okay, here I'm back with news smile

Jurdenson is now Level 10 (just reached L 10).
Have done a few quests and many battles and trading already biggrin **
Skills I have now (besides the starting skills): 1 skillpoint left.
Lockpick L1, Fear L1, Fireball L2(1 starting as Mage + 1 from Bracelet), Ranger Strength L1 (from Gauntlets of David), Mana Efficiency L1, Stun arrows L1, Summon Mastery L1 & Summon Ghost L3 .

Have also a Bracelet (found in a chest where I met Ghost Arben) with + 2 to Rush Attack, great & fun to use against Rangers or Mages to give them the finishing hit :hihi: !

Wearing 2 pieces of the Rivellon Guard Armour Set (Cuirass & Leggings). Have a Level 7 one-handed Silver Sword of the Snake (Poison 03 enchantm) that does 22 melee dam max (+ 4 from charm) and a Level 4 Bow with Poison 02 ench. & +4 to Dex (1 from charm) & 12 ranged dam max . Most of the time I started with my Bow and after that summon the Ghost (or vise versa!).
Fighting side by side with the Ghost using Fireballs, shooting stunning arrows or normal arrows while rolling and jumping away or back ... or, in the most worst situation, running far away hahaha ... and if an enemy is almost half his/her HP, I somtimes changed strategy: using the Bracelet with Rush Attack L2 on, I first shoot a stunning arrow, Rush Attack and make short work of it with my Silver Sword of the Snake ! (thanks to the Smith Derk he sell such a sword wink )

The thing is that I try to kill as much enemies I can do and after that do a quest. Or do a quest, but not go for the reward immediately. I'm suprized I reached level 10 just only done 9 quests and just met Dreavan and kill some Black Rings in the fielt nearby the West Valley Scrine. Kill the bandits so I can savety walk to Noryfundus now and also the Quarry Scrine. The Lovis tower is also cleared of all that is evil. But didn't go in the Delerect Tunnels or whatever Dungeon after I Lay Ghost Arben to Rest quest wink
My summoned Ghost is really "fantastic" ! At level 11 I can put a new skillpoint in Summon Ghost and also in Summon Mastery (if I wish).

The more I play this beautiful pearl, the more I love it !! Great wokr you all did Larian !
I was in first place more sceptical about Divinity II, but that was more because of "nostalgy & love" for a Isometric View Game thanks to Divinie Divinity wink

**3 Main quests: Farglow Connection, Chasing the Dragon & To Lay a Ghost to Rest
6 side quests: Band of Brutes, For a Pount of Flesh, the Fugitive, A Private Delivery, Saving the Bacon & Louis' Stash

Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 04/04/11 02:33 PM
Zixzax, he's o so funny talking, I love him !! Only hearing his voice is enough for me to begin to smile, an extra big smile ! biggrin biggrin biggrin

Jurdenson is now level 13 and standing at the Maxos Temple entrance.
Almost all enemies in Brocken Valley are killed except in the Maxos Temple & in Naberius Storage (2 or 3 level 14 skeleton warriors with dangerous Axes!).
Solved 24 Quests.

Invest in Summon Ghost (4/5) and Summon Mastery( 2/5 - 1 point from an amulet I bought from Locke). Having now my Creature and find (loot) a great Well-Preserved Goblin Head with fireball Skill 6 !!
Many skillpoints from gear I have:
So: + 1 to Summon Mastery (Amulet)
+ 2 to Potion Efficiency (Bracelet)
+ 2 to Rush Attack (Bracelet)
+ 1 to rush Attack (Amulet of Slantwig)
+ 2 to Fireball (Earrings)
+ 1 to Fireball (Bracelet)
+ 1 to Lockpick & + 1 to Mindreading (Jagon's Necklage - I hold it as long as possible)
+ 1 to confusion (Jackal's Ring)
+ 1 to Regeneration (req L 15!) (Lovis Cohort Bow)
+ 1 to Wisdom (Rothman's Bow)
+ 1 to Magic Missile (Penelope's Amulet, req L 12)
+ 2 to Single Handed Weapon Expertise (Brightblade from Seth)
EDIT: (submit an extra jewellery item I forget)
+ 1 to Magic Blast (Earrings)

With some "changes in equipment" I can take different strategies:
going from a Summoner (summon my Ghost & Creature)
over a Ranger (simply chooting arrows or Stun Arrows),
an Atlete oops (jumping and/or rolling),
a Mage ( side by side with my Ghost and Creature we all shoot Fireballs evil !)
to a Warrior (first use Stun Arrows, Rush Attack and finishing off with my "Brightblade" !)

This all give me the luck to spare skillpoints for later (6 points left).

My HP is now around 450 points and my Mana around 200 points. Intelligence I boost more than Strength & Dexterity so far.
Have the Formula's to make level 3 potions of Healing, Strength & Dexterity and Level 2 Full Resistance (all bought by Lamotte and/or Martis).

Wearing Cuirass, Leggings and Helmet of the Defenders of Aleroth Set. Find the "Defenders of Aleroth Vampire Mace" (L14), so soon I'm a real Defender of Aleroth walking in the fields of Brocken Valley and Sentinel Island ....
Found also the Wild Dwellers Bow (set). And have the Rivellon Guard Set (Cuirass & Leggings) and will see what it give (extra boost)if I find the Warhammer and use it. smile

Still nothing I've Enchanted, only make use of disenchant items by Dreavan ... but soon, before Jurdenson wish to "TRY" killing Amdusias, I go invest in the best enchantments I've, but first things first : a plan and making decisions ... which kind of Enchantments I prefer most ... hmmm think ... (Magic)Damage Aura, Static Charge Aura & Healing Aura for Jewellery, Protection enchantments for Armour and Increased (Magic) Damage, Butchery for Weapons. All the more is welcome, for sure smile .

Thanks Larian for making such an awesome amusing beautiful ... funny RPG !!!

Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 06/04/11 07:11 AM
Rest Jurdenson only 4400 XP to go to gain Level 14 ! All enemies in the Maxos Temple are dead except Amdusias and maybe I can choose to kill some of the Ghosts too(?) ... but I like Ghosts smile .. so killing them frown ... OOO noooo I don't do it !

It's like all the rabbits: I don't kill any rabbit ! One rabbit I killed by accident while defeating some Black Ring Members in the field nearby Sossostra, but there're many rabbits there and luckely I don't killed the white rabbit Sossostra says I must follow that white rabbit smile ... Great treasure, really very great treasure in a Golden Chest delight

If I wish I can only gain a level through solving some Quests (still 10 open Quests to solve in Brocken Valley) or go to the Wishing Well (but I prefer "an equipment item" above '5000 XP') or first try to kill the Skeleton Warriors L14 in Naberius Storage or I can solve the quest "Into the Bandit's Den" by telling Louis about the password for the bandit camp and go to kill the bandits ... but then I loose Martis as a shopkeeper frown ... and I like trading ...
And I have still 3 Goblin Heart's I can give to Richard for 450 XP & 450 Gold.

Decisions ... always making decisions :hihi:

But I'm a very happy hero. Can talk a lot with my Ghost and Creature now ... only an Undead or Demon to summon and we can play bridge or another card game ... hahaha

Posted By: D00M Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 06/04/11 07:43 AM
Joram, Your a lowdown dirty rabbit killer.

laugh

Seriously though, you come across as a really nice person, I can hardly see you roaming the countryside decapitating Black Ring and such smile
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 08/04/11 08:47 AM
I told you earlier about some dangerous Skeleton Warriors in Naberius Storage, remember ? wink

Well, recently I try again to defeat them and it was almost a "piece of cake" this time !
BUT I invest in temporarily potions (Full Resistance L2, Strength, Dex & Intell L 3) & this time I had my Creature that have a Mage head with Fireball L6 skill !
Before taking the KEY, I summoned also my Ghost and then all began !
But I was wondering about the very nice way all goes very good ! I remember I used first Stun Arrows to give my creature and ghost more time to deal damage... then helping my buddies to set the Skeleton Warriors on fire biggrin .... I needed only 1 healing potion L3 !
I even did not need to jump away, but simply take a sword and finishing them off because my buddies did the most hardest work already for me smile ! Arben's Sword it was I think I used.
Thank you my friendly Ghost and brave Creature hug ... I seriously think about an extra buddy to help in battle via Charm or Summon Demon (later on) ...
... or playing bridge together when all enemies are gone in some area :hihi:

I looking out a LOT to go soon to Sentinel Island ! I love that place very very much ! There I can use a spell to stop the wind blowing, otherwise all our playing cards flowing far away !! eek Hope I can find enough "spoons" to pay Hermit with ... hahaha ... he's o so funny friendly guy !! biggrin

O yes, before I forget to say:
I'm really almost L 14 now ! I only must give Richard 3 Goblin hearts to gain a level, take some time for visiting all lovely trader's, put some charms into my favorite gear, take the Defenders of Aleroth Vampire Mace (req L 14!) so then I'm wearing the complete Set with all the extra boosts ... gather the needed Gems & Ores, go to Dreavan and put some great enchantments on my equipment before I darf to have a look if that bitch of an Amdusias is somewhere flying in circles, waiting to kill ...
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 14/04/11 03:55 PM
Yes rpg001 I beat Amdusias, I did it woehoe and succeesed after the third try !

What was My strategy of my third try? You're curious? Read about it here. wink

After talking to Amdusias in human form, so after reading the spell to take Amdusias out of his "flying in circles dragon form" :hihi: ... I imediately use the skill Hide in Shadows (L 2, one from Amulet of the North) and run far enough away from him !
After that I first save the game (make a new save file)
After the Hide in Shadows skill is back avaible Jurdenson take potions to be stronger and more resist etc (potions: Strength L3, Intelligence L3, Dexterity L3, Full Resistance L2), Summon my Ghost (L5), put an extra point in Master Summoner too and put potions to fill up my Mana.

Saving again, push the button to use Hide in Shadows and run fast nearby Amdusias, my Ghost follow me and take the attention ... but I push fast the botton for the Rush Attack and slash Amdusias with my great Mace and don't stop before he's stone dead !!
I must take 2 extra potions (each of level 3): 1 Healing and one Rejuvenation. The rest my Ghost did good enough to let me live.

Also to say:
Wearing the full Defenders of Aleroth Armour and put some extra Enchantments into this Armour Set, especially in the Defenders of Aleroth Mace! I put in this Mace an Increaded Magical Damage enchantment L6 ('Greater') ! Put also in total 2 charms of Intelligence + 2 in equiped gear so my Magical damage value of my Mace is now about (with the Intelligence potion working) 130 !

It was a FAST fight, very fast ! But I knew it must going a fast fight, otherwise Amdusias his deadly Explosive Arrows kill me very FAST !! eek

Now Jurdenson take a short break on Sentinel Island sitting near Hermit, counting his "spoons" . Jurdenson is level 15 after Mindreadeing the Island. Even take not one step on the Orobas Fjords ground.

Jurdenson is so happy & love the climate on Sentinel Island laugh !

Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 25/04/11 08:42 AM
Yesterday Lana find the correct way to make 2 extra Amulets! The first one in the Lost Cavern (nearby the Chapel Scrine): "Amulet of Slantwig"(skill: Rush Atack & 1 EES*).

For this amulet I got a +1 Wisdom bonus (and the enchantment slot), which made it kind of useless, since my Talisman of the North has +3 Wisdom (+1 melee damage, +2 Conditioned Body and 3 enchantment slots). I missed the Amulet of Slantwig my first time through the Lost Cavern (I checked out the throne, but not long enough).
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 26/04/11 09:43 AM
O, so I was a "lucky" one .. but I've found a Bracelet in a chest in the Tomb at the Chapel ( where you met the Ghost of Arben) that have + 2 to Rush Atttack and that Bracelet I use frequently wink

I'm now level 17 and haven't had any problems with the enemies on Sentinel Island. I think with all my efforts earlier my hero Jurdenson is a little bit overpowered or just more than powerfull enough ... ? But to be honest I summon frequently my Creature (with a Fireball L 6 head) and almost always my Ghost (5/5 points in + I've +1 to Summon Mastery and if I wish + 1 extra point from an Amulet bought by Dr Needleman).

But it is a welcome "relax time" on Sentinel Island and Brocken Valley ... I've fun & that's most important for me smile !!

And since my Ghost (and Creature) is a real potion saver I put now 2 poitns in Master Herbalist and make many potions I just sell them to make more money biggrin
I need money because I don't neglect to buy stuff I like : Gems, Ores, Herbs, gear, etc ... etc ... hahaha

Till next update wave
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 03/05/11 12:51 PM
O oo ooo, so sorry ! Sorry to Larian (and all the rest of the forum members) I frequently write down in the wrong way the name "Brocken Valley" !! silly

Now Broken Valley is broken because of Damian's poisonous gas, but not broCken or I was trying to make a "new" wor(l)d . hahaha

Now, serious rpg002
Jurdenson is level 19 and finally take over the Battle Tower from Laiken and his demon Razakel !
It was a hard battle, twice. First after Sassan summon Razakel and later on with Laiken in his Lair .
To be honest : 3 or 4 times I don't succeeded the last fight. The very first fight against the nasty Sassan, "Laiken's creature of Sassan", wasn't a big problem. But Razakel is strong and even stronger together with Laiken as his mentor.
But my Creature and Ghost are also strong and I take the easy way and after the conversation with Razakel (and mindreading him) I used Hide in Shadows and look how my buddies do the most durty work for me ... the finishing blow I did and my Ghost supportered me with his art to heal me. Didn't need any potions at all.

And then ... the finale battle against Laiken & Razakel ! This time another strategy plan I maked and succeeded ! I was a lucky man to spare some skillpoints for later and this was the time to invest in new skills : Firewall + 2 points & Healing + 1 & Wirlwind + 1 .
First using Fireball, then stunning arrows and when Razakel was nearby 'Firewall' !! The whole battle Jurdenson try to focus on Razakel. Use Firewall after stun arrows so the demon take maximum damage from the wall of fire biggrin
Also equip a jewellery with + 2 to Destruction I bought by Hermit (EDIT: Mister Neckty biggrin ) so my spells are even deadlier evil
I asked Sassan to summon all creatures she can ... and I, Jurdenson, has already my Ghost to heal me. I think after the third wall of fire and in between other attacks from me and my buddies, Razakel was no more and the battle was over. But to be sure to survive I take also a point in Healing.

Now I've My Battle Tower. Time to take a short break and chat with the guys and have fun with the composer Kirill party , the female dancer (lovely girl, hmmmm ....), the "funny" Illusionist to change my personality a little ... and last but not least visit my Necromancer Jonelath, Wesson the enchanter, Barbatos my Alchemist and for sure many times Hermosa with her lovely voice ...
silence ... Hermosa is speaking ... I think I ask her to visit me by night in bed in the Throne Room ... hope she's be willing to give a ... kiss ? I would almost forget Hermosa ... yes, she's my "Trainer" !
biggrin

O, and the first battle like a Dragon was great, dangerous, but great ! I was almost dead, but thanks to my Bone Dragon Helmet (thanks to Amdusias) with + 1 to Dragon Spirit I survived the whole first battle .
Nightmare mode is feasible . But I must make always a strategy plan beforehand for killing the most dangerous enemies (bosses) !

Funny thing also :
Collecting mania !
Jurdenson (no, not Joram!) begin to have a collecting mania :hihi: !
Collecting as many as possible enchantment formula's (now he has around 90 Enchantment Formula's, from Limited to Major!) and potion Formula's too, also the most "weak" one. Jurdenson has already a beautiful collection of Jewellery and weapons that have a Skillpoint (1 or 2) on it !! Jurdenson has sooo much "fever" to find (or pay his last Goldcoin!) as much equipment items with his "most wanted skills" on it to use or just test them out .

Curious about his Jewellery collection ?
Just ask ! wink

Best Wishes & Soon to be Wise !
(with the Almost Wise wave of Zixzax - Jurdenson will miss his friends in Broken Valley & Sentinel Island very much ! cry )

PS : I've cleared also the first path in the Orobas Fjords coming from Broken Valley. I did it when I was level 18 to become level 19 with some extra XP I need . It was because I had the big wish to visit my loyal traders a "last time" on a "new level".
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 09/05/11 12:45 PM
Okay, here I'm back with news.

And the collection mania goes on ... especially potion formula's (now 38) & enchantment formula's (now 103). But now I've to collect more Gold .

I've maked new friends and have a girlfriend, the so lovely Salome ... she dance for me so ... and Kirill play a few songs of beautiful quality !

And I'm very happy to meet people I can trade with. At this time my favorite trader is "Zarniyar", he's so funny speaking and remind me about reading a book -or see a movie - of Agatha Christie with "Hercule Poirot". But also the other ones not to forget : Mercator, Pilcher, Abram & Beird, Artemas, Irwin & Leon and also in my Battle Tower Sassan and Grimm.

Rest me to solve a quest in High Hall so I can start to trade with Nicolas .
This would be my next quest to solve since I've taken over the BT.
Because besides me collection mania, I've also a trading mania hahaha
But my "mania's" costs a lot of gold ... :hihi:

I make a drawing of the different Teleporters (with control panel) to find my way faster in the Orobas Fjords later on ...

Finding 3 different Zeppelin parts wasn't a real problem and so I can take already the Zeppelin to Aleroth on level 19 .

In the High Hall Mines I killed all the Trolls and in the meantime I'm level 21 now at the moment.
Mundus give me a quest and I go for that quest first so I can trade with Nicolas smile

Now I stand in a cave, ready to search for a Rune ... it's a cave behind a waterfall ...

Mostly I'm wearing the Blood Echelon Armour. Teh last level-ups I only focus on upgrading my Intelligence for stronger spells and magical weapon damage and all goes very well .

Forgot it to say earlier on, but I always take the extra gold and not the XP after solving a quest. Or take an item I think it's better than the extra gold.

On this level I look out for a Int + 4 charms by Artemas, a Formula of Sub.-L5- Int potion(Abram), a Formula of Full Resist L5(Sassan) and 2 Formula's of Revit. (Greater -L6 & Major -L8) by Zarniyar. He's much cheaper than Abram & also cheaper than Sassan . But mostly I don't care too much about the prize if I really want a Formula. But for now I haven't enough gold ...
O yes, and now Grimm has 2 nice body parts :
* Clean Dragon Elf Arms => + 130% to Magic damage
* Clean Ghoulish Head : Class Figther, Rush Attack & Fatality L 7 !
Especially the Head I wish to buy smile .

My current stats are:
4 statpoints left and 8 skillpoints left. and (too) many un-used charms ...
My stats without gear on:
Vitality 47, Spirit 6, Strength 9, Dex 9 & Intelligence 33 .
Focus on boosts for vitality, spirit and intelligence mostly, but other boosts are welcome .

First skill I want to upgrade by Hermosa is my Summon Ghost, but first things first : go for a Quest !! rpg001
I've upgraded my Creature with another Head : a fighter L4 Rush Attack & Fatality.

All the best,
Jurdenson wink
Posted By: Demonic Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 13/05/11 01:12 PM
Salome does the best unsexiest dance you'll ever see but Kirill's reaction to it is priceless. Even your DK laughs.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 19/05/11 09:46 AM
Time for a new update.
Yesterday I reached level 24 killing some bandits in the cave "Bandid Hideout". Firewall is really a great strong spell ! Bought at L23 a yewellery with + 2 to Summon Undead and used it against the bandits. Together with my Creature the fight was fast over.
And a "magical" Aleroth Archmage yewellery item give a enormous boost to my Manapool Regeneration !! Now I can spam magical spells as much as I want without having an empty Manapool biggrin
I'm equiping back the full Defenders of Aleroth Armour + the Bracers and Shield of Blood Echelon Armour. This Set suits me better than the full Blood Echelon Armour. Later on I gonna try to put on different Aleroth Archmage yewellery items and look what kind of extra boosts that will give smile .

The fight against Zagan was very hard. The platform puzzle in the Well Cave of Barnabus also deadly ! I saved a lot, otherwise I never make any progress ... hahaha
I haven't met Barnabus yet ... but further on I cleared his cave .
Now I reached level 24 I think I start with one of the Flying Fortresses ....

In the meanwhile I give Simeon back his sight and since that time he's my best philosophical friend ... just talking about everything ... and he knows many things about my past ... from the time my son Jurden cured Verlat & Simon in "old" Aleroth village where Mardaneus was also sick in his head and Otto loves his pigs ... to how Jurden killed five Black Ring Members, but was afraid to kill a little "evil summoned" child ...

I give Jonelath the "Book of the Death", but I wonder what will be the result upgrading my Necromancer's platform ... think ?
I've upgraded my Trainer's platform and even don't know what the result can be of this upgrade ... lower prizes for upgrading a skill ? And what about ... ? So much questions ... I much go back to Simeon and ask him ...
I rescued a tree surrounded by water ... a funny speaking Goblin "Charlie" I've killed ... together with the help of my summoned Gostly Ghost and Rush Attacking & Fatality blowing Creature ... upgrading my spell Firewall to L4 and equiped a yewellery that give + 2 to Magic Missile, the fight was not so easy, but succeed ... thanks to you, O my lovey Ghostly Ghosty & brave Rush Attacky !

So far I'm happy breathing ...
Level 24 .
Vitalty 55 (48), give 541 HP (492) (extra boosts are from Armour Set & a Ring
Spirit 21 (7), give 362 MP (205) (extra boost = 59 MP from Armour Set & also another Ring)
Strength 12 (12)
Dexterity 10 (10)
Intelligence 66 (48) (extra boosts from Armour Set and 2 Heroic yewellery items (Bracelet & Earrings)

Skills (14 points left) - just the skills I choose, not writing down the Dragon Slayer skills.
Active skills :
Fear (2), Firewall (4), Fireball (1 +2 from Earrings), Healing (2), Hide in Shadows (1), Magic Missile (+2 from Bracelet), Stun Arrows (2), Summon Ghost (5) & Wirlwind (1).
Passive skills :
Destruction (1 +2 from Mister Neckty), Lockpick (4), Mana Efficiency (1), Master Herbalist (1), Ranger Stealth (1) & Summon Mastery (2) .

If I wish I can change a lot in my skilled build by putting other equipment on, especially Yewellery I've bought or found already many with +1 or +2 to a skill.
Just a "short" list of them (almost all) :
Ranger Suprize (+2 bracelet, +1 amulet), Summon Mastery (twice +2, Laiken's Sword & earrings & +1 amulet), Ranger Stealth (+1 Mister Shooty, +1 amulet), Regenerate (+1 Lovis Cohort Bow, +1 Adventure's Band, +2 Elder earrings), Blind (+1 earr, +1 bracelet), Charm (+1 Dead Man's Ring, +2 earr.), Potion Efficiency (+2 bracelet), Mana Eff. (+2 Amdusias Helmet, +1 Scorpion Necklage), Mana Leech (+2, bracel. Wizard's Companion, +1 Noryfundus Earr.), Rush attack (+1 Amulet of Slantwig, +1 Wishing Well bracel.), Hide in Shadows (+1 Amulet of the North, +1 Aleroth Archmage Brac.), Fear (+1 Noryfundus Earr.), Master Herbalist (+ 1, bracelet), ...

Best Whishes from Zixzax I must give all of you walking somewhere in the world of Rivellon wave

Greeting you all,
happy breathing Jurdenson,
lovely Ghostly Ghosty & brave Rush Attacky.
Not to forget the dark Killing Undead !

Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 25/07/11 09:28 AM
Long time since I post here a new update ! eek

Short time ago I reached Level 32.

My collecting mania isn't over, but I have almost all the Formula's now ...
Only 7 different Potion Formula's to go :2 L2 (rev & dex), 1 L7(strength), 1 L8(dex) and 3 L10(str, int & full resist)
Only 13 Enchantment Formula's left : 1 L1 (Poison Aura), 1 L2(Magic Dam Aura - yewelley), 1 L3(Poison Aura), 1 L4 (Fire Curse), 1 L5 (Poison Aura), 4 L9 (Poison, Incr. Magical Dam, yewellery: Retribution Aura & Magic Dam Aura & 3 L10 (Ranged Protection, Retribution Aura and Static charge Aura).

I've done Stone's and Raze's Flying Fortress. Both were very difficult, especially Raze. I must set off the generators many times over and over ... I suspect Raze is running around to set on again the generators ... I don't know it for sure ... but after dying a few times I was becoming angry ... :hihi:

Keara's Flying Fortress is cleared, except Keara's Fortress with the maze (5 statues) and the highest flying rock (top).
But this is the first thing I gonna try next.

The Flying Fortress that remains and Broken Valley I haven't done them, beside Needleman's Storage.

In general I don't like a Polymorph spell, but in Dragonform I find it really funny & Usefull to use the Polymorph spell on the L28 Damian Flying enemies (and they're very dangerous, set my wings on fire, very deadly!) ! biggrin ... like a "Ladybird" they're as a mouse for the cat hahaha !! evil

My favorite skills I use mostly are :
Summon Ghost (12/13) (and somethimes Undead via skillpoint on equipment), Firewall (10/10), Explosive Arrows(7/10), Stun Arrows (5/5), Magic blast & Magic Missile (via skillp on equipment!), Hide in Shadows ... + Healing (5/5) ... Master Herbalist (5/5, via equipment 4 points!)

Skills I wish to study are "Way of (Ranger, Wise Wizard, Battle Mage) ..." -skills to see which one I love most and invest more in that skill (than only points via equipment) ... & Blind, Charm and Summon Demon ... and more I can't remember now .

All my runners (Tom, Harry and Dick) are fully upgraded. I experienced that Harry is the one who's most hurt, especially when I ask him to bring me Fanny Blossom . I try to vary a bit between Fanny Blossom, Earth Root and Dragon Nail (with Master Herbalist 5/5 I need only 1 Earth root to make a L 10 Mana potion !)

The most goldcoints I earn are coming from selling potions and Diamonds. A L10 dex potion gives me 286 gold smile.
Each new level I visit all possible traders and always buy all Herbs they have to make as much potions to use or sell .
I haven't invest many gold in Training skills, so the extra gold is a welcome gift .

Most open quests are done, except the Main quest ... I must still do the Ministry in Aleroth, the Mine Quarter in poisonous Broken Valley ...
My Workshop (Wesson) is upgraded twice and my Necromancer (Jonelath) platform too.
I really wonder what kind of "improvement" the upgrade of the Necromancer platform DO (besides of making it more beautiful with decorative statues, etc) ?

Boosted mostly Intelligence and Vitality (both around 70, with equipment on).

Next time more about my stats and invested skills. now only 2 or 3 skillpoints left and zero statpoints left. Only the battle against Zagan and Raze (after a couple of hours trying) I lowered the difficulty mode. All other battles are a nice challenge & not annoying because of "too difficult" on nightmare biggrin Escepially the battle inside a building/cave I've most trouble with ... but I've promised myself to invest more and more in Summoning skills and hide in Shadows and the skills that are a life saver too (like Hide in Shadows combined with Healing! - while my Creature and Undead or Ghost is dealing with the targets).

My Creature (I switched already a few times between a Mage Head and a Warrior Head) is currently a Fighter. I found a really nice "Head L10 Rush Attack/Fatality" on Raze Flying Fortress, in a Golden Chest ! smile

Greetings to all from
happy Jurdenson,
lovely Ghostly Ghost
and brave Rush Attacky,
Not to forget Zixzax, the Almost Wise,
stripped off his Teleporter Stones by the "Divine One" and kicked in this *%!°¨^$-* dimention !
Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 25/07/11 10:52 AM

I really wonder what kind of "improvement" the upgrade of the Necromancer platform DO (besides of making it more beautiful with decorative statues, etc) ?

Jonelath gives a bonus to melee resistance, while Igor gives a bonus to magic resistance (from Lancet's FAQ: +10 base, +20 after the first platform upgrade and +30 after the second).

In the original release of D2:ED, when I checked, the difference due to platform upgrades wasn't noticeable when using high level creature parts; I had to switch to low level parts to see a difference in the stats. In DKS with my creature having all perfect parts, its melee resistance with Jonelath was 65%; after the first and second platform upgrades it was 66%.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 31/07/11 08:46 AM
Thanks Raze wink
Now I read this info I remember back that the two Necromancers on Sentinel Island say something like that (don't remember if they give this info via Mindreading or not) ...

And that's why I didn't notice the difference since my Creature has almost very early in the game high quality bodyparts (since having the Battle Tower) ... Now my Creature has all four parts of Perfect value, all Ghoulish . A great help in battle I must add smile !!

My Summon Ghost is also a big help (I noticed more than once the big difference between the fights with or without the Ghost .
I must only use 2 or a little more healing potions during the most hardest battles (Stone, Raze, Keara's followers, ...) thanks to the Summoned Ghost (and my Creature, of course). All on nightmare difficulty !
The point is that you best take attention for your Ghost and attack those enemies that are trying to kill your summoned Ghost, because then the Ghost defence himself and have no time to Heal you (fast enough). But if you upgrade Summon Ghost each time from the beginning on when possible, the Ghost is a great help smile .
What I always do before starting a battle : I turn back, summon the Ghost, turn again facing the enemies and start the battle, so the Ghost is/stay most of the time behind me so he is at a "safe" distance and have time to Heal me if necessary. And his Fireballs are an extra help in battle smile

On this moment I'm L 33 and have totally done Stone's, Raze's and Keara's Flying Fortress. Now I am on my mission in Kali's FF.
After, or in between this mission, I go to the Aleroth Ministry to help Zandalor. I think I'm ready for that battle :hihi: .... In the original ED I did the Ministry when I was about L 30 or 31.

I think I've played from L1 to L33 now at least 120 hours, for sure. But to be honest, each new level I take my time to visit all traders and write down what they have I'm interest in etc ... so I can visit them again just before I reach a new level (if I still wish to buy something)...

Harry, the herbs collector is mostly hurt after I ask him to find Fanny Blossom for me ... so I ask him for Dragon Nail, Earth Root and Blak Rose too ...

A L10 Rejuven. potion needs only 1 Earth Root with Master Herbalist 5/5 and so :
1 Black Rose > a L5 Strength, Dexerity OR Intelligence potion for 136 gold.
1 Earth Root > a L10 Rejuvenation potion for 185 gold
1 Dragon Nail > a L8 Str, Dex OR Int potion for 226 gold
1 Fanny Blossom > a L10 Str, Dex OR Int potion for 286 gold.

The more I play the DKS, the more I love this game !! I already go on for months ... great experience again, despite I played in the past the Ego Draconis part.

Many many thanks to all people on this forum for their input about the game and a Special Thanks go to the Team of Larian Studios for remastering Divinity II, make a nightmare mode and an blasting "Woooow" for all the Flying Fortresses !!!

thankyou

Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 23/09/11 09:15 AM
Now I'm level 36 hero. Firsst some statistics (the numbers between the brackets are with only wearing my underwear, or to say, 'naked', but not in the exact point of "view" hahaha ) :
Stats (4 statpoints left) :
HP 805 (596) - MP 380 (246)
Vit 77 (56) - Spi 18 (6)
Str 31 (23) - MAR 59,83 (11,31) - CB 31 (23)
Dex 21 (13) - RAR 52,09 ( 6,73) - HR 30 (13)
Int 87 (75) - MgAr 57,3 (29,38) - IW 87 (75)

Skills (5 points left) :
Summon Ghost 13/15
Summon Demon 10/13
Summon Mastery 5/5 (3/5)
Hide in Shadows 4/5 (2/5)
Blind 5/5
Charm 5/7 (2/7)
Master Herbalist 1/5 (5/5 with spec. yewellery on)
Healing 3/10 (1/10)
Polymorph 3/10
Magic Missile 3/10 (can increase it via gear)
Firewall 9/15 (go to unlearn it, didn't use it anymore)
Thousand Strikes 5/10 (nice looking move this skills!)
Stun Arrows 2/10
Splitting Arrows 2/10 (not sure I'm gonna use it, maybe unlearn it)
Explosive Arrows 6/13 (4/10 = Bow of Orobas),it remains a nice funny skill, but no need to use it longer since my transformation into a Priest smile !

Wearing the full Set of Ulthring with all enchanted with Level 9 protection for melee, ranged and magic . And also put charms on them. They give each a point in a passive skill (Reg, Evade, Mana Leech & Life Leech).

It's very great to play a Priest
And so funny how I can eat & feast !

Posted By: melianos Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 23/09/11 01:47 PM
I thought you couldn't summon 2 creatures at the same time. Why bother putting points in Summon Ghost and Summon Demon ?
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 23/09/11 01:57 PM
What's the point? wink

Yes I know I can only summon one at the time (Ghost, Demon or Undead), but when my Demon is killed or his time of summoning is over, I can immediately summon my Ghost (or Undead) smile
And always my creature + all the enemies I can Charm,
all together it form a nice "fiesta of allies" biggrin

Plus: the Ghost does something no other can - besides Charmed 'Healers', but not always there to charm - Healing my hero ... an effective potions saver .

I can summon the Undead and the Ghost at the same time... Did I not get the update?
Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 25/09/11 08:50 PM

The creature (crystal skull) and a summon (spell) can be active at the same time, but AFAIK not two summons.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 26/09/11 07:09 AM
While (for example) your Ghost is summonned, you CAN summon (for example) the Undead !
You CAN, but if you DO, the already summonned (in this case the Ghost) will disappear. wink

That's why it's good to have that Crystal Skull as fast as possible (last time I was around level 12 when I had my Creature working for the first time), so you can, like Raze said, have 2 allies to help you smile
But if you like more allies, go for the skill Charm ! It's so fun !! laugh
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 14/10/11 01:51 PM
Back to Rivellon . I wish to tell you a story .

This is the first part of the story,
But you can read it fine, don't worry !

My hero is growing and now 40 levels old .
Walking & Talking in Aleroth for the love of God,
Trading & reading minds is so fun, I can do a lot !
Jurdenson is now Jurdensona spending all his Gold :hihi: ...

Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 25/10/11 03:27 PM
My female hero has reached the age of 45 year .

Since the Act in the Playhouse Jurdenson undergo a transformation to Jurdensona just before that Act ... and all the Ghosts claphands ... It was a emotional moment I'll remember that clearly now .

Bedwyr is my favorite Enchanter and beside the Enchanting part I frequently Pick another bone with him :hihi: O, he's always funny welcome and salut me, I love that freaking awesome guy !

Chanelle is my favorite shopkeeper for Herbs & my Alchemiste ! Every level I visit her to make myself many Master Herbalistic Potions of High Value .

I've all Enchantment Formulas now . My Collecting Mania is almost over now, because I give up to find the Formula for making Level 10 Strength potions . Besides two missing Formulas of Level 2, I've them all .
And I upgraded all Skills just to have an overview and ... of course ...
... again .... Collecting Mania grows everywhere it can go biggrin
Still, after all, I can't spend all my goldcoins ! I can spend them on drink & boys, but what if Damian is coming if I'm tipsy or sleeping(?) in bed with Mortimer ? eek O no, I can't do that !
So if someone wish to have my more than 100 000 goldcoins ... give a sign !
Darvesh ? O yes, to thank him for giving me some hints I give him from time to time one goldcoin to see his happy face laugh

O, so many skillbooks they give me in return for helping them out of trouble ! More than 25 skillpoints in reserve ... I think I spend all my points to Polymorph, Curse .. or at least put more points into Splitting Arrows, Poison Arrows, Stun Arrows, Explosive Arrows, Two-Handed Weapon Expertise or Thousand Strikes ... .

O, so many Yewellery and other equipment items with a skill on them, great ! I can change my build in a minute from a Mage Priest up to a Ranger Priest or even a Warrior Priest hahaha !
But a Priest, I am,
fully upgraded Summon Ghost, Summon Demon, Master Summoner, Master Herbalist, Charm, Fear, Blind and one point in Hide in Shadows (but of course, can lift it up changing some Earrings or whatever I like !
I've maked a list of all skillpoints avaible via gear, it's amazing how Tiffany and other traders put a "Willy" on me :hihi: ...
I bought so many times new stuff, look in every corner & choose mostly a piece with a must-have-skill if a lovely NPC give me the choice after I help him or her out of trouble with a (sometimes) dangerous quest !
To give you any idea, here is a small particle of that list :
Splitting arrows needed ? Just take my Amulet, Bracelet and Earrings and 9 points up !
Way of the Ranger needed? Just take my bow Invisible Death, Earrings and Cuirass of an Armour Set and 13 points up !
Need to Heal me better ? Take on the right Amulet, Bracelet, Ring and Earrings, up for 8 points .
Need more time ? I can upgrade Hide in Shadows (3 p. up), Stun Arrows (4 p. up) or Poison Arrows (9 p. up) ...
Wish to change my build in a Mage Priest ? Put on the Wizard Earrings (Destruction +5), take Deodatus Mace (Firewall +4), put on a Bracelet with Firewall + 3 or change to Magic Missile with an Amulet & Bracelet (up to 4) ... Or take the Amulet Destruct. +3 and that skill is fully upgraded from zero to max in a minute biggrin

O, I can go on and on to give examples ... I love all this stuff !

I buy & sell so many ...

Let the Goldcoins roll ...
... let them go flow glow ... !!
And you will see ...
All coints are rolling
In the River of Gold !

Just one thing silence
Find that River !

welcome
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 04/11/11 01:09 PM
On 30th of october I reached the final end.
After 234 days (since 11th of march) I read the "credits" at the end of Dinivity II, Flames of Vengeance part!

It was a amazing time. smile

And what's more, the day I ended Divinity II, I started again in Farglow laugh !

This time I wish to play from start to end with a female hero. Her name and title is:
Ronja the Ranger Priest

And like her description says, she's a Monk with their specific skills like Charm, Blind, Fear, Hide in Shadows, Summon Ghost, etc ... and for extra fun and speed up the battles she used some of the Ranger Skills too. But it's not strickly to that: also Polymorph skill and Healing spell in case of emergency or just for fun ... but in that case Ronja buy Yewellery with such a skillpoint on it. The real investments in Skills would be that of the Priest Tree in the first place !

But this playthrough I gonna try to collect as many as possible (if i've the goldcoints :hihi: ) equipment items, especially yewellery, with a skill on Ronja will use frequently and switch between them if needed and so she can spare enough skillpoints for later to invest in one time 5 points into Master Herbalist smile .
So far Ronja has collected already various Yewellery items. It's already a nice collection now just reaching level 9 yesterday with 3 skillpoints left.

Her statistics :
Level 9 - XP 24031 (0 Dept).
HP 189 - HP reg 0,48 - Vit 12
MP 211 - MP reg 0,39 - Spi 10
Str 10 - CB 10 - MAR ca 15
Dex 6 - HR 6 - RAR ca 10
Int 10 - IW 10 - MgAR ca 15

12 Quests solved & 6 Goblin hearts delivered to Champion Richard of Aleroth, spending his money on drink & girls.

Skills (without gear on) :
Lockpick 2/5, Summon Ghost 2/5, Stun Arrows 1/5, Hide in Shadows 1/5, Poison Arrows 1/5 (started as a Ranger), charm 1/5 + the other starting skills from the Dragon Slayer skill tree = totally 15 skills.
Via equipment now + 5 extra skills :
Ranger Strength (David's Gauntlets), Confusion (Jackal's Ring, but I take it for the MP +19 boost) & 3 skills via Yewellery, it can change in a minute (each with 1 point in a skill):
Earrings : Fear, Ranger Suprize, Stun Arrows, Polymorph, Hide in Shadows, Rush Attack & Summon Undead .
Amulets : Summon Mastery, Charm & Poison Arrows
Bracelets : Ranger Suprize & Mana Efficiency

A nice, very nice collection . And starting my "traders route" at level 9 I see again interesting skills ... can't wait to get my hands on them :hihi: hahaha

But I think it's time to upgrade my current L6 Bow with a better L9 from Derk . smile

IF I use a melee weapon (in case of emergency, you know), I search now always fro a godo Two-Handed Sword, so never wearing a Shield or 2 One-Handed Swords or something. But ronja prefer to shoot arrows !

Current Equipment (I love all the names!) :
Bow : Painful Magical Heavy Short Bow of Butchery (Butchery L2)
2HW : Painful Well-Crafted Flamberge of the Mage Priest (Mana Leech L2)
CRS : Guard's Light guard Cuirass of Hope (VIT +2, Life Line L2 = 6 HP)
LGG : Apprentice's Light Guard Leggings (nothing special)
HMT : Wild Dwellers Helmet (Set, found in Lost Cavern - VIT +2 & nice Ranged & Magic Protection)
GLS : Champion David's Gauntlets (Ranger Strengh +1 - SPI +2 & Life Line L3 = 6 HP)
BLT : Dog's Power Belt of Aleroth (18 MP & Healing Aura L2)
AMT : Summoner's Pewter Locket of the Magic Gods (Summon Mastery +1)
BCT : Awakened Engraved Pewtered Balgle of the Avenger (Mana Efficiency +1)
EAR : Stunning Oriental Gold Earrings of the Avenger (Stun Arrows +1)
RNG L : Rabbit's Pewter Ridged Ring of Aleroth (8 MP & Healing Aura L3)
RNG R : Jackal's Ring (Confusion +1)

The nightmare mode is in use and I wish to not lower the difficulty this time.

So far Ronja is killed a few times, but that's Joram's fault she says and what's more ...
... she's right ! :hihi:

Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 24/11/11 09:20 AM
It's extremely quiet here on the forum, but also Ronja take a long rest (oops there's an intruder ... Skyrim & heroïn Mina Mangna is busy with exploring Tamriel)
Joram can't play with both at the same time ...

But here's a new update of Ronja the Ranger Priest before she go to bed for a winter sleep
Maybe her Summon Undead & Ghost do some work at the battlefield for her with the help of her Creature? But I suppose they don't and with good reasons, I think :hihi:

Ronja's statistics :
Level 12 - XP 58553 (1200 Dept).
HP 247 - HP reg 0,54 - Vit 19
MP 164 - MP reg 0,39 - Spi 11
Str 11 - CB 11
Dex 11 - HR 13
Int 11 - IW 11

20 Quests solved & 9 Goblin hearts delivered to Champion Richard of Aleroth, who give me the hint spending his money on drink & girls, but I know better.
Statpoints left: 4, Skillpoints left : 6

Ronja's Skills (without gear on) :
Lockpick 2/5, Summon Ghost 3/5, Stun Arrows 2/5, Hide in Shadows 1/5, Poison Arrows 1/5 (started as a Ranger), Charm 1/5 + the other starting skills from the Dragon Slayer skill tree = totally 17 skills.

Via equipment now 4 extra skills possible :
Confusion (Jackal's Ring) & 3 skills via Yewellery, it can change in a minute (each with 1 point in a skill):
Earrings : Summon Undead, Ranger Suprize, Stun Arrows, Fear, Polymorph, Hide in Shadows & Rush Attack .
Amulets : Summon Undead, Summon Mastery, Charm & Poison Arrows
Bracelets : Summon Undead, Ranger Suprize & Mana Efficiency

Ronja's current Equipment :
Bow : Lvl 12 Wild Dwellers Composite Bow (Set boost is Ranged Dam, 1 ECS*, HR +2 & Increased Magical Dam L1)
2HW : Lvl 9 Athlete's Magical H. Iron Flamberge of Doom (1 ECS, CB +3, Increased Dam L3)

CRS : Lvl 9 Witch's L. Noble Cuirass Spiritual Power (1 ECS, Spi +3, Increased Mana L5)
LGG : Lvl 11 Soldier's Regular Battle Leggings of Hope (2 ECS, Vit +2, Life Line L3)
HMT : Lvl 5 Wild Dwellers Helmet (Set boost is Dex, 1 EES**, Vit +2, Magic Prot L4)
GLS : Lvl 11 Blood Echelon Bracers (1 EES, Melee Prot L4)
BLT : Wolf's Star Belt of Aleroth (MP +26, CC +3, 2 ECS, Healing Aura L4)

AMT : Deadly Jade Sun Necklage of the Warrior (1 ECS, Dam Aura L2, Summon Undead)
BCT : Deadly Delicate Jewelled Bracelet Avenger (1 ECS, Retribut Aura L3, Summon Undead)
EAR : Deadly Saphire Droplet Earrings Eternal Burn (1 ECS, Spont Combusion L1, Summon Undead)

RNG L : Rabbit's Pewter Ridged Ring of Aleroth (1 ECS, 8 MP & Healing Aura L3)
RNG R : Lvl 9 Jackal's Ring (1 EES, MP +19, Confusion)

* ECS = empty charm slot
** EES = empty enchantment slot
Posted By: J747L Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 26/11/11 12:17 AM
It's extremely quiet here on the forum, but also Ronja take a long rest (oops there's an intruder ... Skyrim & heroïn Mina Mangna is busy with exploring Tamriel)
Joram can't play with both at the same time ...

I'm near the level limit in Skyrim (currently at 60+ I think the level limit achievable, within the rules in-game is 80 something). Even though I'm not playing DKS, as I'm playing through Skyrim I'm constantly reminded of this game.

I would guess that a lot of DKS player veterans would get reminded of this game quite often. I'm still here posting even though it's no longer installed on my hard drive smile

Next time Larian releases a game I'll be jumping on it quickly to catch the "active" part. The truth is, I think I entered DKS when the activity is declining. The only good part about that is the game is already mature and patched up.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 10/01/12 10:24 AM
Hi to all who read this post,

I give up to "try to resist" the Divinity games ...
I've played Skyrim now for about 130 hours, started first with a Woodelf (reached l 22) and after that start a new game with a Redguard woman. She's now L 12.
But in some way the quests are more better in the Divinity Universe !!! The music too, despites I love the music in skyrim, Kirill's music I can't resist !! smile

So that are some of the reasons I wish to play (now and then) further on with Ronja the Ranger Priest(DKS) or Lana (DD)!!

Ronja is now level 13 and try to survive now in the Temple of Doom.

@J747L : What exactly in Skyrim reminded you of DKS ?

For me the DKS and all the Divinity games are always in my Mind, Skyrim or not, because the div virus got me !! biggrin

But I play Skyrim because I love to FEEL the difference between rpg's ! And to be honest: the combat, skills and other rpg elements like alchemy, smithing, enchanting and buy my own house etc ... I like that ! Most of this "roleplay" elements DD also have in a very good way and some of them I miss in DKS ... !

Posted By: melianos Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 10/01/12 07:19 PM
In my opinion, Skyrim world feels more "alive" than Rivellon, but quests are better in Divinity.
(main quest in Skyrim has lots of potential, but wasn't used as well as could be)
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 12/01/12 01:18 PM
Yesterday Ronja looted the Temple of Doom and have a very short talk(?) with Laiken, but he trow her out of "his" Battle Tower :hihi: !

This time Ronja succeed to loot the Chest on the hitting rocks that's setting her on fire ... But via a tactical way and a big jump right on top of the chest, take the loot and fast jump into the water (haaaa ... that's better than burning to death hahaha !) ... using 1 or 2 healing potions ...
Finally Ronja has the Leggings of the Wild Dwellers Armour Set !! rpg002

Now only the Cuirass and she's wearing the full Set ... but can't remember where to find that Cuirass. But I know it is L14, so first back to the Maxos Temple or the Orobas Fjords to reach level 14 (around 10 000 XP to go).
If someone can give Ronja a small hint where to look for the Wild Dwellers Cuirass ? (but don't give the solution or if so, put it in a spoiler tag please wink !) ...

So, not farewell, but auf wiedersehn liebe Leute wave
Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 12/01/12 01:58 PM

You can not find the Wild Dwellers Cuirass until after completing Maxos Temple.
It is in a chest in the first room when you get to Sentinel Island.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 12/01/12 02:19 PM
Okay, thanks Raze, so far I know enough what to do smile ... so I darf not to clic on "Show me! otherwise .....
Yeekes, my eyes ! (or something like "I didn't wish I clicked on it!" ) :hihi:

But after I ended the Maxos Temple (and more, but before taking over the Battle Tower!) and didn't found the Cuirass, I know where to 'click' on biggrin

wave
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 31/01/12 10:02 AM
Yes, I make it to Sentinel Island !

Now I finally can pay with Spoons ... or ... count Hermit's Spoons ? What's the best I can do ? think

Thanks to Sentinel Island I learn very fast and go up a level, from begin 15 up to level 16.

What I always use in battle are my Creature, now with a level 9 Ghoulish Head, my Summon Ghost, Charm L2 (+1 from Amulet), sometimes Polymorph L1 or Rush Attack L1 (both via Earrings), Stun Arrows L3 (+1 from Amulet), Hide in Shadows L1 (+2 x 1 from gear > L3), Poison Arrows L1 (ranger starting skill), a bow and a 2-handed sword .
If I wish I can Summon a Undead L3 by wearing together all three yewellery items with 1 point into Summon Undead .
Yeah, a nice arsenal of equipmetn with Skill-boosts I've collected.

Speaking of the collection of Enchantment formula's and Potion Formula's :
I collect only the L2, L5, L8 & L10 Potion formula's and the Enchantment Formula's of the Levels 3, 5, 7 & 9, plus only level 10 Healing Aura (if needed). But if I find a high level of something and later on a lower level, that lower one I forget about it .

Now it's time to trade a bit and learn Master Herbalist to start making in a cheap way many potions to use or sell away . Goldcoints are now around 35 000 . I needed many when I take over the Battle Tower to upgrade my runners, especially the Herb collector first laugh !

Also time to bring Lovis back his Soul Stone so he give me at least the content of his second Chest as reward biggrin

Sell away the parts of the Wild Dwellers Set and go to start collecting the Armour Set "Aleroth Archmage" ... especially the Belt + at least 1 extra piece of this Set. smile

Till next time wave

Ronja, the Ranger Priest kiss
Posted By: iFLAME Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 01/02/12 02:45 AM
Originally Posted by melianos
In my opinion, Skyrim world feels more "alive" than Rivellon, but quests are better in Divinity.

I agree, I found the quests in DKS to be more engaging, specially the side quests. Also there is a good deal of humor (sometimes dark humor!) present in the dialogs. The main difference between these two games IMHO is the freedom granted by Bethesda. Tamriel's world is more engaging than Revellon's. I've been playing the Elder Scrolls games from Morrowind and in every sequel I felt the world to be immersive which gives you the feeling of being a part of it. Sadly in DKS, I didn't get that feeling and it's not about the size or scale of the game. From what I know Divinty series of games also have a long history and legacy and I sure hope Larian makes good use of that to create a true engaging universe in their next title.

Originally Posted by melianos
(main quest in Skyrim has lots of potential, but wasn't used as well as could be)

That was the case with TES:III and IV too, great storylines with much potentials yet failing to deliver on the promise. I believe this has to do with Bethesda's approach where the main quest comes second to the game-world and character design. I also never liked their "prophesy's champion" approach where the player has no choice but to follow an almost liner storyline. But the open and sprawling world, full control over almost everything and most importantly the ability to mod offsets whatever deficiency the main quest has.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 01/02/12 09:09 AM
I believe that IF I had played a TES game BEFORE a Divinity game I had much more fun with them, but no ... it isn't and so the Divinity games are Top Favorite RPG For Me !!

I start to understand that fun, humour & music is so important for me how a RPG feels and lucky me : the Divinity games have it all, thanks to the hard work of the Larian Team putting in their heart & soul in them, thanks to Kyrill Pokrovsky's talents ...

Posted By: iFLAME Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 01/02/12 12:22 PM
I believe that IF I had played a TES game BEFORE a Divinity game I had much more fun with them, but no ... it isn't and so the Divinity games are Top Favorite RPG For Me !!

That's fine IMO. No two RPG games are the same and it's all about having a great time. And DKS is such a fine RPG in its own right, I believe everybody should play it regardless of what other games are out there. This is the best discovery I've made last year.

thanks to Kyrill Pokrovsky's talents ...

The music scores are definitely something else! I thought ED part was great and here in FoV I'm spending hours roaming idly in market plaza or Lanilor lane, only to appreciate the ingenuity of the tracks. Kyrill seems to be one of those (rare) composers who knows the genre of RPG. It's often people like him and Jeremy Soule, who're instrumental (literally) in creating the magic yet overlooked by many gamers.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 01/02/12 12:43 PM
Personally I find Kirill's sound tracks of Divine Divinity the best of all I hear so far !
I just love to start DD because of loving the main theme sound of DD ! hahaha Really !

The funny thing is that I most love the song you hear walking in the Wastelands ! Only for hearing that song I have the big wish to play at least to the Ritual Blessing and when I'm there I can better go to kill the Demon of Lies :hihi:

Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 09/02/12 03:15 PM
All in Broken Valley is done. Only, I'm thinking of doing some battle in the Orobas Fjords to reach level 19 so I can make another round "shopping" in Broken Valley and thanks all shopkeepers for their lovely services & say "goodbye, tudeluu !" wave

On Sentinel Island I've tried to fly on a Wyvern via the skill Rush Attack, but probably a harpoon would be a better choice to reach the shipwreck for that last quest hahaha ...
But the wyvern aren't that friendly anymore since that wyvern potion is out of use now ... better wait till I can fly like a dragon ! :hihi:

I killed both sisters in the Fornlon Cave ... nice loot they dropped, especially the Bright Golden Earrings that give + 2 to Blind, + 4 to Intelligence, 2 charmslots & Magic Damage Aura L6 !
Great loot, love Rivellon !! and looking out to meet all new traders in the Orobas Fjords & Aleroth woehoe

The Happy Rolling Ronja Ranger Priest kiss

And greeting from my Rush Attacky & Ghostly Ghost.

Posted By: J747L Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 10/02/12 04:33 PM
@J747L : What exactly in Skyrim reminded you of DKS ?

Tough question... really. Cause I'm wondering about it myself confused and it's not the dragons smile

It's probably the way I played throught Skyrim. Probably having the same mentality when I played through DKS that's why it felt familiar.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 21/02/12 09:53 AM
Yesterday I reached level 20 . Now busy with my trading round . My money is almost gone because of this and also fully upgraded 2 of my runners (the one who brings me herbs and the other who brings me Ores) & upgraded my first skill up to level 10, Summon Ghost .

I've all the herbs Allan need for his special Allan Brew . Time to give him the herbs soon, probably very soon smile

The first quest I did after taking over the Battle Tower is "The Runes of Wrath" so Nicolas is willing to trade with me. Using Hide in Shadows (L3) in the dungeon behind the waterfall so I didn't need to kill not any enemies at all to take the 'Chicken Rune' hahaha ...

If you like shopping I can give you a nice "trading route" across the Orobas Fjords & Aleroth ... :
! Warning: spoilers, so I put it in spoiler tags (to be sure)!

Notes:
All the names of traders I write them in CAPITAL letters, example : > TIMPUK
It can be you must first active some of the blue teleporters to set the destination like you wish and some of the blue teleporters panels are destroyed and have only 1 destination.
PLUS ... !!
You must have done 3 things before you can travel this route :
1) via the Grand King Scrine fly around to find the blue teleporter "Sentinel View" with the only destination "Camp Eagle's Nest". Kill 2 NPC's, John & Kara, and after that don't kill Beird/Abram (trader's!) but search for 3 levers and use them all.
2)do the Quest "Runes of Wrath" in High Hall for Quintus - he's inside the building of Champion Harbour - so you can trade with Nicolas.
3) find 3 different parts of a Zeppelin (Compas, Rudder & something else I always forget the name) so you can take the Zeppelin to Aleroth to trade with Zarniyar, Pilcher & Mercator .

Here we go :
1a) travel to a Scrine and take the Red Hammer Scrine, fly to the Svadilfari Cave > TIMPUK
1b) fly in one time to the Svadilfari Cave > TIMPUK
! Warning ! first time you go into this Cave don't take the option to kill Timpuk because he sells nice yewellery items with skill boosts !
2)Take the blue teleporter right next to the entrance of the Svadilfari Cave, Camp Perilous, to go to Camp Victory & take that teleporter Camp Victory to go to Camp Harbour .
3) At Camp Harbour jump down (or take the elevator) and go inside the building > IRWIN + LEON .
4a) go to the Slayers Camp and Mindread the guard at a door that lead to Camp Pompous teleporter. Take this to Camp Penitence, set the destination of this telep to Camp High Hall and travel > NICOLAS .
4b) or take back the Camp Harbour telep to Camp Tiberius, fly to the Grand King Scrine and use this to travel to High Hall Scrine > NICOLAS
5) Take the High Hall Scrine to Plaza Scrine (Aleroth) > ZARNIYAR, PILCHER & MERCATOR .
6) Take back the Plaza Scrine and fast travel to Grand King Scrine to fly to the Dragon Cliff Castle > ARTEMAS .
7) Take the telep Camp Dragon Cliff to Camp Eagle's Nest VIA Camp Sentinel View OR Camp Courage > BEIRD + ABRAM .
8) From there you can choose to fast travel to your Battle Tower via your Stone or fly to Grand King Scrine and go to Master Chamber Scrine > SASSAN ; and GRIMM at your Necromancer's Platform.

Later on, when you can survive the battle in the Ministry in Aleroth (go via Scrine) - After that battle you can also trade with DEODATUS wink

I wish you many shopping-business-pleasure !
Ronja the Ranger Priest .
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 24/02/12 03:08 PM
Sorry, I wrote wrong things in my previous post. Let's say that was a "testcase". wink

In the meantime I've created a new trading route, named (in short term) "TT & TT" .
But first inform you that Quintus is in High Hall (fighting against a big Troll) and talking with him you can accept the quest and later on you can talk also to Brutus in Champion Harbour .
The third Zeppelin item is a Stabilisator .

To make the view of this post not too long I put the new TT&TT into spoiler tags. wink

The Travel & Trade Tour (TT & TT)

I'm busy to make a nice picture of it on a piece of paper (so maybe later on I can give a link to that picture or place it here). The previous name for this was 'The Trading Circle' and still this is a circle, so in fact you can travel & trade endless and you can start where you want to start ! biggrin

Here we go again:
  • Spread your wings and fly to ... Dragon Cliff Castle to start trading with ARTEMAS .
  • Take twice the teleporters (3 possible ways : via Camp Courage, Camp David or Camp Sentinel View) so you end up at Eagle's Nest > ABRAM & BEIRD .
  • Spread again your wings and fly to Grand King Scrine & make a visit to your Battle Tower via Master Chamber Scrine > SASSAN
  • Via the Scrine you go to the Plaza Scrine in Aleroth > ZARNIYAR, PILCHER & MERCATOR
  • IF you have already done the battle in the Ministry, go there to trade with DEODATUS
  • Take the Scrine to High Hall > NICOLAS
  • Now go to the Red Hammer Scrine and spread your wings to fly to the Svadilfari Cave > TIMPUK
  • After that take teleporter Perilous at the entrance of that Cave and fast travel via Camp Victory to Camp Harbour. Go down and inside Champion Harbour > IRWIN & LEON .
    (Camp Harbour is also the place where you can take the Zeppelin if you forgot something somewhere wink )
  • If you like, you can now use your Dragon Stone to visit the 4 servants, GRIMM & the 3 runners.
  • From Camp Harbour take the teleporter to Camp Tiberius, fly to Dragon Cliff Castle and start again this Travel & Trade Tour or spread your wings and fly to your next journey !!

Currently I'm now level 21, 3 skill points left. Invested more points in Charm, Blind and Curse so they fit with the level of the enemies I face at the moment and I don't need to change every moment my yewellery items with skill boosts :hihi:

Ragon is killed, I've just done my Travel & Trade Tour and it works great ! Now I'm very happy and have many Priestly-big-Pleasures laugh !

Signed,
Ranger Priest Ronja .

wave
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 28/02/12 02:04 PM
Time for another round .

After 4 months I'm quicker than ever, thanks to my Ghostly Ghost . I'm Level 24,5 now. Start my first Flying Fortress, Stone's one. I killed already Ragon, Alutiiq, Zagan and most recently Barnabus . Blinding his ally and focus on Barnabus together with my Creature and Ghost it was a fun to see him suffer ! hahaha
Blind, despite it's longer cooldown time, it's a great skill, the vicime is long enough blinded to kill him or wait & see (enjoy) how your creature or other allies kill him .

I've collected the seeds of two trees, Yigdrasil & Jievara . Finally I get my hands on the Aleroth Archmage Belt ! biggrin

Statistics :
3 skillpoints left, L 24 with 494877 XP, 61 quests solved and ca 9000 gold at the moment .

Naked are my stats : Vitality 36, Spirir 12, Strength 28, Dexerity 12, Intelligence 28 .
With gear on are Vitality & Spirit ca 15 points higher (average). Ca 20 empty charm slots available.

SKILLS
Code
Invested points  	Some of the extra Skills on Yewellery Ronja collected
Summ Ghost  	7	AMULETS                 BRACELETS 		EARRINGS 
Blind		3	Summon Ghost +2		Rush Attack +2		Hide in Shadows +2
Charm		4	Ranger Suprize +2	Splitting Arrows +2	Ranger Suprize +2
Curse		5	Healing +2		Explosive Arrows +2	Stun Arrows +2
Fear		4	Wirlwind +2		Regenerate +1		Thousand Strikes +2
Hide in Shadows 1	Mana Efficiency +1	Healing +1		Summon Demon +2	
Life Tap	1	Polymorph +1		Summon Demon +1		Mana Efficiency +2
M. Herbalist	5	....			....			....
Summ. Mastery	1
Healing		1
Lockpick	4
Stun Arrows	2

Each level I make my Priesly-big-Pleasure Travel & Trading Tour . Mostly two times because of all the nice looking goodies I can't resist, so my coinpurse is empty at the half of the Trade Tour :hihi: ... making money via selling founded loot and potions Allan make with all the herbs I bring him I can start another Trade Tour at the end of the level . smile

That Allan Brew come in handy. I still need to upgrade runner Dick, but from the moment I find a potion formula of level 10, I can finally spend my more than the 100 fanny blossoms and make a lot of money, upgrade Dick and some of my Priest skills.

A Priestly wave to all of you,

Ranger Priest Ronja
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 02/03/12 08:36 AM
Almost level 26 (ca 3900 XP left) while busy in Stone's FF, only the second building of this FF cleared now, the ground troups only so far .

Yesterday was my first try to play a pure Priest, but I failed because I can't resist to use stun arrows and also shoot normal arrows to assist my allies a bit to fasten up the battles .
And if I blind a victime that is alone, I don't neglet to take my Elder 2-handed Sword and slash that victime up close and personal biggrin !

But Charming I do all the way I can and it turn a losing battle in a winning battle !
My Creature, a fighter with level 9 fatality & rush attack (that's the reason I named my Creature "Rush Attacky") I always use in each battle. My Ghosty Ghost (yeah, Summon Ghost, now L9 (+2 from amulet) and Demonish Demona (Summon Demon L3 (+ 2 from Earrings) I can use one after the other (if his time is over or killed!).

Not any potion I've used in Stone's FF so far, thanks to Ghosty Ghost, Rush Attacky, Demonish Demona and some victimes I turn temporally into allies smile ... and thanks to Healing skill (L1) .

Now it's time for solving a quest, reach level 26 and go for another Travel & Trade Tour smile !

To be a Priest
Is big big Fun
To look at targets
Who starts to run
If I use Fearrrrrrr !!
hahaha

And using Blind is funny too
Then it seems the victime
Has drunk too much
:hihi:

So starting a battle as a Priest
Is one big playground, at least !

Greetings to all of you who follow the journey of ...
Ronja the Ranger Priest, Ghosty Ghost, Rush Attacky & Demonish Demona .

wave
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 26/03/12 12:00 PM
Dear reader,

I'm back with some update news wink

Yesterday Ronja became level 30 and go on and finished her Priestly ground battles in Keara's Flying Fortress, except Keara's headquarter . The most fun to kill, the Black Ring Generals Raze, Stone, Keara, etc ... I spare for later :hihi: ...
The next to go is Kali's FF ground battles or that in poisonous Broken Valley ...
Did nothing of the dragon battles in a FF so far ... that funny thing I wait with it ... you can imagine .... for another time .

Yesterday I stop using a bow, so unequip the Bow of Orobas and only draw a 1 handed sword I stool from Laiken and afterwards I found a Unique 1-hand sword !
The last battles it was very cool to only use Priest skills and only if needed (and I needed!) I use that sword. Since I always use a bow to shoot at barrels and crates to break them ...I now use a yewellery item with +2 to Wirlwind to break them ... in fact, much faster & easy that way smile !
Another yewellery item give me +2 to Thousand Strikes to fasten up some killings :hihi: ...

The only really handy Armor item for me as Priest (using many mana!) is the Belt of the Aleroth Archmage Set + another item of that set to have the bonus on the Belt (+ 5 to Mana Regeneration, really cool!!). So I wear the Bracelet that give + 1 to Hide in Shadows, also handy.

Mostly I start with some summons : my Creature and the Ghostly Ghost or Deadly Demon . After that I save my game and then use Hide in Shadows and throw myself in the middle of the battle arena biggrin ... If I really wish I can sit/stay and watch how my Creature & summon do the work for me ... but I've compassion so I give a helping hand :
I start to Charm a soldier or Healer ... jump to a Ranger and Blind him .. then I use curse curse curse ... When my Demon is killed or his tiem is over I summon the Ghost and vise versa ... and each time the cool down time of Charm or Blind is over I use it ! laugh

It's all big fun and while the battle is going on I can walk or run from lootbag to barrels or crates and take all the herbs growing etc ... even without using Hide in Shadows ... but sometimes it's better to have eyes on my back ! A Black Ring soldier or whatever with a strong warhammer doing a rush attack from behind me is very dangerous !!
And I forget to say how funny it is to use Fearrrrrrr ... biggrin

All goes very good playing a pure Priest ... the extra skills like Wirlwind, Thousand Strikes etc I only use via wearing a yewellery item ... and they're not needed to survive !
Healing skill is the only mage skill I invest always 1 point in. It's very handy if my Ghost is gone !
So I go soon to Hermosa to unlearn all skills for the first time and put no points in Stun Arrows anymore . And sell the Bow of Orobas and all the yewellery with a skill boost I can only use with a bow .

The next thing I gonna try is to search for typical Priestly gear ... not sure if that is possible or if I find for every equipment item such a Priestly nice thing I can put in all the Charms I already collected or bought ! I've many charms now, unused ...

Naked Ronja has 44 in vitality, 36 in Strength & Intelligence and 12 in Dexterity & Spirit.
After relearn all skills I go write down here my invested skillpoints and the points I've via equipment . wink

Till next time !
Ronja the Priest and all her allies starts wave to you with a big smile on their face biggrin
Posted By: Macbeth Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 26/03/12 01:38 PM
Naked Ronja

hahaha The Adventures of Naked Ronja; that should be a book in another Divinity game! wink
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 03/04/12 11:24 AM
Naked Ronja

hahaha The Adventures of Naked Ronja; that should be a book in another Divinity game! wink

Ronja is only naked when she go to bed :hihi: ... in battle she's wearing pieces of armor, yewellery and a Priestly Sword or Bow ready to defend herself !

At this moment she's doing her TTT (Travel & Trade Tour) once more after leveling up to 34, so Flames of Vengeance is coming soon biggrin
But only Stone is dead, all other Black Ring gerenals are still breathing. Sorry, Geshniz & the Plant Gardner in poisonous Broken Valley are also "no more" ... hahaha ...
Sorry general Raze, but the next who's gonna die are you !

After unlearning all skills Ronja go for a almost pure Priest, except Fireball and 1 point in Firewall, Wirlwind & Healing .
So now at L34 I've 2 skillpoints left.

Invested points in :
Summon Ghost 12/13 (next point at level 35)
Summon Undead 11/13 + 1 if I wear the Aleroth Archmage Earrings (I prefer now the Undead above the Demon)
Summon Mastery 1/5
Lockpick 5/5
Master Herbalist 4/5
Charm 5/7 (next point at level 36)
Blind 5/8 (next point at level 35)
Fear 5/7 (next point at level 38)
Hide in Shadows 2/13
Fireball 10/13 + 2 from Earrings (13/13 possible at level 35)
Healing 1/5
Firewall 1/5
Wirlwind 1/5

EDIT : forgot to say why I spend a point in Wirlwind & Firewall :
Well, it's more handy & more fun to break barrels, crates, etc by using Wirlwind. And it's very funny to look at breaking crates ... using Firewall biggrin
Now I have many ways to break those down : unarmed, shooting with the bow, slashing with a sword, do a swirl attack with Wirlwind or burning them with Firewall ... all the variation, yesssss I like it !! hahaha

Wearing many nice pieces that give some extra's in a skill, like the Ring "Stardust" (+ 2 to Healing) and the Shield "Lion's Mana" (+ 2 to Sword & Shield Expertise). Found an unique 1-handed sword and many more Epic or unique weapons, to many to use all together :hihi: ...

Great journey & many big pleasures are coming with Flames of Vengeance ...
So far filled up already a few pages in Ronja's diary, in that book of Macbeth "The Adventures of Naked Ronja" wink ...

Greeting to all of you ...
from Ronja the Poetry Priest, Ghostly Ghost, Deadly Undead and Rush Attacky wave
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 04/04/12 10:29 AM
This early morning I take a short break before going to work.
A short break into DKS to look for the little chest, and what's in it, via placing all five invoker Jewels in a machine in Stone's FF .
Hmm .. more gold and an nice Divinie Charm of Heightened Reflex, my Epic Bow will be pleased to have it ! smile

Nightmare mode is still running and I never must lowered the difficulty so far ... smile
A Priest need many points in Vitality & also Spirit, but less because of the Aleroth Archmage Belt with the high Mana regeneration (if you're wearing at least 1 other piece of that Armor Set!).

Since I'm level 34 and many skillpoints awaits me in FoV .. I think I go invest points in Way of the Wise Wizard too and try that skill for the very first time. As a almost pure Priest I wish to try all the Priest skills one time, at least. At the moment I didn't invest a point in Curse. If I choose to stay with the Aleroth Archmage Set(A.A.S.) I can maybe invest in Ranger Surprize (the Amulet of that A.A.S. have 1 point in this skill), I like that skill more than Curse.

But maybe I try to change all equipment and go for another Set or No Set at all and take just what I find looking awesome !
Without the A.A. Belt I probably need the skill Life Tap to fill up faster Mana, but I already have 2 kind of yewellery with + 2 to Life Tap in stock wink
So many great Yewellery items with my favorite skills for making strategic steps on the battlefield (Hide in Shadows, Wirlwind, Firewall, Fireball, Healing, Rush Attack, Thousand Strikes, Life Leech, Regenerate, Summon Demon, etc ... ).

Take the Options
&
Make the Dicisions !

... which one first ?
:hihi:

Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 06/04/12 06:57 AM
Jiiiihaaa !! Raze is killed, thanks to my Ghoulish Creature !! His Fatality skill L9 make the final blow before Raze had a second chance to go back to his healing chamber !
Whatever I try, each time I pull off the chambers via the levers they come back active ... so my best tactic was to put as fast as possible an end on Raze and hope my Creature is just in time ! After the thrid try I succeed ! But I really needed more protection, so I change some equipment to upgrade Melee and Magic Protection, use a strength potion, summon my Ghostly Ghost (I needed him!!) ... The Walking Armors are terrible, they stand in my way to find Raze ! Firewall is a good offense skill for them :hihi: ... Hide in Shadows is a good defensive skill... And also thanks to my Earrings with Stun Arrows +2, I stop Raze before he start to run to his healing chamber and best way was after the stunning arrow to attack him in melee combat and end with a Thousand Strikes (+2) ... or Wirlwind (+4 = +3 from a Bracelet!) and my Creature did the final Fatality blow ! smile
Good kitty claphands

Now, after all dragon combat in Raze FF I go to Keara's FF to first destroy all Ballista's etc and now the next who gonna die is Keara ! rpg002

I've almost forgotten I must still do the Moral Cave ('Mysterious Cave', correct?) ... and of course Kali's FF too ... Kali & all her earfight armies laugh ! At that time I believe I become a level 35 heroïn and can make a Travel-Trade-Tour, the last one before going in the Hall of Echoes !!

Note:
I used almost always the Charm skill, so I don't think you, the hero, loose many (or any?) XP's, comparing it with a playthrough without using Charm ... I take an eye on this case and see how far my heroïn's level/XP gonna be at the end of the Finale Battle wink

My previous hero Jurdenson was around level ca 35,7 without using Charm . and did the same with Wisdom, Mindreading and Quest rewards : don't use those skills and choose the Gold or other items and not the extra XP ... so I can compare both hero's with eachother .
Posted By: Macbeth Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 06/04/12 09:13 AM
Good kitty claphands

kitty

Note:
I used almost always the Charm skill, so I don't think you, the hero, loose many (or any?) XP's, comparing it with a playthrough without using Charm ...

No, it always balances out in the end and especially with Flames of Vengeance's unending stream of enemies the minor XP 'loss' of Charm doesn't constitute an actual loss at all.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 06/04/12 09:54 AM
So playing a Priest is certainly from start of Ego Draconis to the end of FoV doable, even on nightmare mode smile
Not that this build is the most powerful one. I think not. I believe the Ranger build is the most powerful character.
But I love it to use non-Priest skill via skillpoints on equipment, especially Yewellery items are really fantastic pieces of great help !!!

And facing Raze, without some ranger skill(Stun Arrows) and warrior skill(Thousand Strikes, Wirlwind and/or Fatality(via Creature)) ... I believe this battle was almost impossible ... maybe with Summon Demon + Creature full upgraded and I constantly pulling the levers 'off' ? But Hide in Shadows has it's cooldown time and the Walking Armors sparring my way to see the lever(s) ! Really not simple, if you ask me :hihi:

I have tried Priest skill on the Walking Armors : Fear works and Blind too, but this last one helps a little since that chamber produce so many of them :hihi: ...
Charm didn't work on the Walking Armors ... and I can't Blind Raze (but that would be too easy then hahaha !)
Maybe Curse can be a good skill here, but I choose to not invest in this skill until FoV, because in FoV many extra skillpoints should come my way biggrin ... then it's time to invest in Curse .
and Way of the Wise Wizard ... .
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 10/04/12 05:34 PM
On the 7th of april I succeed in the finale battle in Ygerna's Memory ... jiiihaaa!!
Only sad I missed 1 sac of loot that Zandalor dropped and he was the last to kill, but after the last is killed IMMEDIATELY the cutscene starts where you see Ygerna and Damian and the next part, Flames of Vengeance, is starting ... So Hope Larian fix this issue ... or, at least, give the (fe)male hero TIME to take all the loot the enemies dropped (btw: using Hide in Shadows give me this time the chance to take all the loot and the skill book, but not the very last one frown ) ... and can control the start of the next video, is that clearly ? wink

Now a new world of quests, many funny NPC's and lovely shopkeepers has come my way smile ! And I defenitely go further as a Priest, fantastic & fun to play for me !! Love it !! Give Divinity III also a Priestly character to START with, will you ? (asking to Larian developers) ... Many thanks in advance !!

What is strange I already experienced many times with the Priest skills:
When I try to Charm/Blind/Fear ... sometimes it didn't succeed (I than can read something like: "Can resist ..."), but try it immediately a second time on the same enemy it worked !

And I wonder if there is more the do in High Hall :
at the end 'Mona' have still a "?"-mark above her head ... her compagnon is running away and that funny Gobie stands there doing nothing but standing biggrin ...

Stupid me sell away the Gloves of Ulthring :hihi:
But in Fov I go for other equipment with higher level requirments ... smile
I've bought Maxos Mallet in Orobas Fjords from the traveling merchant. But now I already did a "talking & walking trading tour" at the Great Market ... mindreaded most of the shopkeepers and take a few new tasks on my logbook to solve laugh ...

Really LOVE this second part, Flames of Vengeance ... it's beatiful, it's so strong written : full of fantastic quests, happy tunes, very funny NPC's, lovely conversations, great quests and last but not least Tons of Humour !! claphands

Happy Poetry Priest Ronja &
all her allies ... Deadly Undead, Rush Attacky & Ghosty Ghost ...
... not to forget to thank you all, the charmed victimes, I used so far in this Majestic Masterpiece, Divnity II : The Dragon Knight Saga ! wink
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 12/06/12 01:08 AM
I just finished my run of Dragon Knight Saga with an unarmed female warrior.

She didn't start out on Nightmare, but it was tough enough. I never really played Nightmare much until this time, and now I've realized something - the expansion is so much better if you up the difficulty to Nightmare after reaching level 40 or so. (Change from Normal to Hard at about 30.)

In Normal, I breezed through a lot of the expansion, it wasn't challenging much at all, but wow, was I surprised at how much more exciting and dangerous things got on Nightmare mode.

The fights with Bellegar's monsters were snoozes on Normal, but I actually ran out of time with the last one once. The boss fight against him was also surprisingly dangerous. And even though I was a level higher than Ygerna at the end, and even though I had over 1550 HP, she did crazy damage to me, and I died like four times fighting her.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 12/06/12 08:28 AM
I've changed my mind about "making notes" while playing a (rgp) game ! By me it was becoming too far making notes of many things :hihi: ...

In some way making too much notes get me out of the good mood & story that a game can give !
Only the really needed info I collect during a playthrough. For DKS it's handy to have a list of some items (Creature Body Parts, Formula's, ...) you've already collected .

Hope Larian Studios change such things in div Original Sin :
that we, gamers, can SEE which kind of formula's etc etc ... we already have collected if such thing is included in D:OS ?

Further on (on topic) I hope I can start soon again with Ronja the (Ranger) Priest in the Flames of Vengeance part, the most fantastic part with tons of quests & humour, in one word :
LOVELY !!!

@Stabbey:
Congratulations with your Unarmed Hero ! horsey

With my very first build (Jurdenson(a)) it was a peace of cake killing Ygerna, but now I remember back that I lowered the difficulty because of the part just before that battle I can't beat it (dying dying & dying again because I was TOO slow!!): the Escort Mission !

Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 02/08/12 06:38 AM
Joram, Joram ... you darf too forget Ronja, your Heroïn in FoV !! She is still waiting somewhere in Aleroth !
But I, Joram, started in the meantime a new hero, a male Priest. Plus started a new hero in the FoV part also !
So what is this all about ?!? Playing with 3 different heroes at the same time period ?

Sorry to you all readers, waiting for a new update while you didn't know I was going to have some fun with two other heroes starting a new adventure while Ronja the Ranger Priest will fall asleep of boredom, standing all day & night on the same place !!
Shame on me .. shame

Hope Ronja did not change in a stone statue like Rhode ... :hihi:

Posted By: Demonic Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 21/08/12 04:53 PM
I'm starting a new playthrough on nightmare as a Ranger.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 22/08/12 08:56 AM
Good luck to you, nightmare Ranger wink

My male Priest is now level 28, "Poem Priest" I've named him.
I've tried to find a Cuirass, Leggings, Belt, Helmet & Gauntlets that have the name "Priest" in it ! This is great to try and only my Gauntlets are a "Mage" one, but every level I do again a "Travel & Trade Tour of The Ten Thousand Traders" ... no no no , not sooooo much of course, it's just because it sounds more funky this way :hihi: ! hahaha

This time I've stopped to wear pieces of a Set (like the Archmage Belt etc!) because it feels a little bit like "cheating" when worn the Archmage Belt + another piece of that Set so the Belt gives + 5 Mana Regeneration per second (and more) !
Even without this boost and using many Mana as a Priest (Hide in Shadows, Charm, Blind, Fear, ... and Fireball as offensive spell), the Skill Mana Efficiency is a wonderful help !! Together with Lifetap it's already a looooong time ago since I need a Mana potion (or Healing potion, thanks to my Summon Ghostly Ghost!).

The only skills I've invested in are Priest skills, eccept Fireball and 1 point in Mana Efficiency & 4 points in Encumbrance * and 5 in Lockpick.

* way more easier to pick up all the goodies and I've now ALL the Books from Broken Valley & Sentinel Island taken with me to my Battle Chest, so if I'm hungry for letters I can read so many letters while Kirill play for me his lovely "Slavic Theme" ! smile

Happy Hero,
Poem the Priest
Fun, at least !

Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 11/10/12 01:41 PM
Hi,
it's already 1 year ago since I started the journey of Ronja the Ranger Priest.
In the meanwhile I played a Mage Priest, do some 'testing' starting a new game with the add-on FoV (deleted this save game now) and around the start of october 2012 I'm playing with a Warrior Priest, the last(?) remaining option I wish to try. I've the feeling this time I go to the final end (Ygerna) with the ultimate build for me.

At the moment 'Wirlpriestly' is level 8.
Two things I don't wish to neglet :
1) never use any bow
2) always play Quest - driven : all the Quests I discover/accept from NPC's I try to solve one after the other, all the time ! Of course I replay DKS for the "I-don't-know-how-many-times", so I can plan a little bit which quest to do on a sertain level.

I never reload for better stuff from a vein or chest .
I go this playthrough for a Two-Handed Sword all the way and invest already a point in T-H Expertice. Not planning to start again a "collecting mania" of Formula's (potions, enchantments) ...
Don't wish to relearn all skills, so it's always thinking in beforehand about the skills my Warrior Priest really is planning to use frequently . And the collection mania for yewellery items with a skill boost is also more or less over :hihi: ... only those items I really use .

Nightmare mode is now a nice challenge !
I'm busy trying to make my way to Lovis Tower, but Oooo my, the Skeletons L8 are a pain in the ass hahaha ... like the Seekers Hating Troll L11 was ! Didn't remember this Troll was so hard to kill (but yeah, with a good bow and a higher level than L7 it's probably a piece of cake) ! The funny thing was that I used the Goblins from the Tribale Shrine and surounding area to helpp me kill the Troll (use Charm each time again). Especially the Warrior Goblin did many damage and after a while that Goblin was no more, but the Troll was also almost no more lol !
This appeared by charming a Goblin Chief too : the Chief killed a Healer Goblin while my heroïn is looking in a chest for loot :hihi: ...

Since I use no bow I didn't invest any statpoint in dexterity. I go for Strength and Intelligence (weapon damage & faster regeneration of HP & MP) & Vitality & Spirit too, but try to find those equipment items that give a nice high boost to Vitality/Spirit + charmslots filled with +2/+3/+4 bonus to both stats .
Enchantments I go for at the time I'm planning to kill Laiken or after taking over the Battle Tower. So now I sell back all the stones I find and only collect (and use) herbs.

So, now you all know what I'm doing in my free time wink
It's okay if Wirlpriestly come to the finale end of FoV at the time div Original Sin is a fact ... or later ...
"As long as I'm big fun, I've reason to be happy !" *
(* signed, Joram)
Posted By: Demonic Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 16/10/12 05:13 AM
Almost 2 months later and I'm nearing the end of Ego Draconis as my nightmare Ranger. I would have completed it earlier if I wasn't going through Thief 1 and Dragon's Dogma again as well. Anyways, my ranger is LV 32 and pretty powerful with the ranger surprise and way of the ranger abilities. Nightmare wasn't as hard as I once said it was (I based these claims on the little parts that I did play on nightmare once) but there are some very difficult mobs especially on the Flying Fortresses.

I've probably died around 14 times throughout the whole playthrough. Baal was pretty difficult to defeat but I had no problems with Zagan (I did have problems with his allies but I managed to kill them *after* killing Zagan and then saving the game). I also find myself having to use the pause function to choose abilities to use and you definitely have to be more tactical on nightmare difficulty. Seriously, Divinity 2 is extremely fun on nightmare and once I complete the entire saga again, I'll be going back to Divine Divinity to play it on its hardest difficulty (which will probably be harder considering normal difficulty was quite challenging at times).
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 18/10/12 01:41 PM
Yeah, the nightmare mode is astonishingly less difficult playing a Warrior Priest ! smile
But still this nightmare mode give me the most satisfaction killing enemies !

In a rpg I always mostly love the quests, humour, nice & funny talks with npc's (and the mindreadings), skills & skillboosts to find on equipment, equipment and last but certainly not least: trading ! Killing is also fun, especially in DKS with my current build, the Warrior Priest, and on nightmare ! Really love it, more than I love to kill lots of enemies in DD ! The story of DD, and some quests too + the music is fantastic in DD, but the combat I like more in DKS for personal reason.
What I hope is that Divinity: Original Sin offer us more different kind of enemies than in DKS ! I hope Spiders, little devils, big rats or butterflies, wasp or bee, funny looking imps see the day/night in D:OS !
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 31/10/12 01:55 PM
Finally a new update of my current gameplay:
the female Warrior Priest Wirlpriesly, here she stands before you ! grin

Naked stats on level 19 are :
Vit 35, Spi 11, Str 25, int 25 .
With all her gear on (not included Earrings, Amulet or Bracelet because she often switch between different pieces) her stats are :
Vit 49, Spi 17, Str 25, Int 25, but also boosting HP (+76) & MP (+59).

Skills (3 points left), invested points :
Summon Ghost 6 ; Fear 1 (+2 from Earrings if needed); Hide in Shadows 1; Charm 3; Blind 2, Life Tap 1; Summon Mastery 1; Master Herbalist 1; Mana Efficiency 1
Life Leech 1; Bleed 1; Regenerate 1; Rush Attack 1; Wirlwind 4; Thousand Strikes 1 .
Two Handed Weapon Expertise 4 .

Creature : bought by Grimm a Ghoulish Head Level 8, found a Torso L10, Goblin Arms L4 and Legs L6.

Weapon : (Legendary) Balanced Heavy Steel Flamberge of the Mage Priest (Mana Leech L5) with +5 to Strength and put a charm +8 to melee dam on it, gives melee dam 12 - 82 + 8, magic dam 4 - 25, CC 9 (+8 CC via Belt & Ring!).

Some Memorable Moments
Facing Amdusias wasn't easy because I was only L13 & I must be very fast before he kills me in one shot with his explosiv arrows! First a big healing potion, some resistance potion and potions to boost stats also, then jump and run and jump and run while my Creature (a ranger L3) bring up some distraction for a very short moment ... then Summon the Ghost, use Hide in Shadows while I run back to Amdusias, Rush Attack him and start to attack him with a level 10 TH sword and don't stop attacking him, but he use Stun Arrows too, so it was a luck I play this time "the distraction" so my Ghost has time to heal me and even then I remember using a second healing potion (not sure) ...
The fight was very heavy, but also very short !

After all open quests were solved in Broken Valley and Sentinel Island (I was ready to face Laiken & Razakel) I was level 17. The only thing I didn't yet was goiing back to the Bandit Camp to help the soldier's killing all the bandits. I count a little how much rabbits I had killed and knowing in the camp are at least 5 - 6 rabbits .... I count on all "luck" and go to the camp facing the bandits ... After the bandits were all killed I start killing rabbits in the hope the killer rabbit would appear now and luck (or not so lucky?) was on my side: after the third killed rabbit .. Aaaahhh, look, a very big big rat ! Noo, it's a rab-bite !! Run for your life !!
I did and funny thing is that the soldier's start to attack the Killer Rabbit(they did what I was hoping for!) while I watched the scene from upon a rock. Then I summon my Ghost and Rush Attacked the rabbit, use Thousand Strikes and Wirlwind, jump & run back on a rock and let the soldier's do more work for me ... use Life Tap and of course my Creature hurling fireballs too ... This way was more funny than shooting plenty of arrows with a bow ...

Facing evil Sassan, then Razakel & then Laiken + Razakel was never so fast done as before ! It was a pleasant suprize for Laiken I can imagine hahaha !
His Battle Tower ? No, mine Battle Tower !!!

After that fight it was time to chat with all my servants, reading all their minds and those of the trader's I traveled to ... and many more ....
It was also a time for meditation & philosophy together with Simeon ... I give him 2 Malachite Gems ... after I did my first TTT (Travel Trading Tour) in Orobas Fjords.
Forgot to say that there was a time of flying and Searching too :
found all the 9 Zeppelin parts and give them to Sepp.
Last I did was killing BIIIIIIIG TROLLLLS in High Hall and solve the quests bringing the Earth Mage a Chicken Rune ! (I used Hide in Shadows 1(+1 from yewellery item) running throught the cave behind the waterfall so I didn't need to kill any enemy their!) where I foudn that Chicken Rune.
O and besides, it's fun to jump in the middle of all the summoned chickens and use Wirlwind ! grin

wave
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 03/04/13 10:01 AM
I believe it's time to wake up one of my heroes in the Divinity Universe that is Rivellon at the times of the Dragon Slayers and a hero who become a Dragon Knight !

But who ? Wirlpriestly is suddenly searching for her mental coatch, me, but do not find me, Belgium isn't a part of Rivellon !
Ronja the Ranger Priest ? She's standing there somewhere nearby the stone statue of Rhode, being a stone statue too ! I asked already sooo many times Hermit to cast a magic spell on here to bring her back to the living people, but all Hermit do is speaking latin words or something .. but without any magical effects !

Who's next ? O, a neeeew heeeeerooo ? Yeesss ?
That's a fantastic idea ! Never such a brilliant idea as beginning a brand New Journey in Farglow !
Let's start !

After a few years I can start also a party and hope all my heroes will come and dance, drink beer or wine, or just water, a soda or 'jus d' orange' ( me oui, sa c'est bien ... pardon ? ) ... and hope my own heroes don't kill me because I let them wait for sooo long time !
oops

Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 05/04/13 02:11 PM
Can't wake up and yesterday I discovered I forgot to name a hero or two laugh ! I can already play with them ... with the cards ! hahaha

No, nothing of this happended ... a new female hero start her new adventure in Farglow with no pants on :hihi: ... sell away all the starting gear (the Light Guard's equipment) & weapons too & start in Broken Valley with nothing but the Fireball spell and Unarmed combat to fight with.
By a vendor Primellina bought the "Deadly Beaded Necklage of Eternal Burning" that gives her the possiblilty to summon the Undead ! With the skillbook in Farglow she learned her first lesson how to pick locks and opened that chest nearby Alberic who's still trying to create a Perpetum Mobile or something of eternal turns ...
Growing up to level 2 Primellina learned from her Undead that there're Ghsots too in the "world of eternal restless beings" ... and so it starts out I'm now skilled enough to summon a Ghostly Ghost ! smile
And growing up to level 3 I'm still busy searching my memories to find the knowledge of new skills or increasing current skills, but so far my mind is a restless being too hahaha ! And th emost crazy thing is that I feel I can grow up a level more only killing one rabbit or one chicken !! Aaaahhh, this can not be !! eek

Lucky the sun is always shining in Broken Valley because with only a Necklage on ...
The simple rule is that Primellina may only buy an equipment item with a boost to a skill (especially Yewellery items) IF she immediately can make use of it and no "If ... than" ...
All the gear she find in barrels, chests or loot from enemies she may wear (or sell), but only if Primellina find that piece of equipment nice and it suits her taste or have the boosts she need (boosting Intelligence or mana regeneration is a must to have), otherwise sell it. No need to carry all that stuff with you !

So, this is the first part of a new loooong journey ...

Auf Wiedersehn / Tot ziens / Au revoir / See you later wave
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 10/04/13 10:03 AM
Seven years (levels) later ...

As I said, I just only killed one chicken at Jackson's farm and woopsy doopsy ... I gained new insights and become more skilled ! But I don't wanna make this story too long, so let's tell the most memorable moments :
Skill - wise I learned handle my mana pool more efficiently(Mana Efficiency L2 now) using most of the time magic and summons. And because of the two summons, "The Undead and the Ghost" are always helping me in battle they become stronger (Summon Mastery L1). I give the Ghost all the views of Broken Valley and dungeons too and in return he's so grateful to heal me more and more each time I need it (Summon Ghost L3). smile I'm not that strong as a man, but because of I'm a woman I use all my charms by traders and other people in Broken Valley so much that even a Goblin starts to fight for me ! (Charm L1) :hihi:

Equipment - wise I walk the first 5 years just only with pants on, nothing more . Maybe that's why the Seekers looking at me aaaall the time when I visit the Black Boar Inn the very first time !? Searching in the Lost Cavern was a good idea. My first hat found in a chest, the Wild Dwellers Helmet. Visiting the Tomb of Ghost Arben I found the Rivellon Guards Cuirass. My first leggings I choose as a quest reward at year seven: the Illusionist's Light Champion Leggings of Hope. Sounds very nice and indeed, also nice to look at walking, jumping, running, sleeping, eating with it ...

From David I receive his gauntlets, but found my first gloves in Arben's Tomb. Later I sell them. Louis' his Power Belt I'm still wearing.
I bought only new Earrings by Locke for a reasonable prize: the Hasty Fushia Droplet Earrings of the Snake Gods. With this earrings I can magical rush in and stand right before the enemies face ! Attack !!(Rush Attack +1)
Helping the Upton & his daugther Linda to kill Penumbra I get my hands on a nice piece, the Heroic Efficient Jewelled Bracelet of Static Charge: now drinking a small potions feels like drinking a large one, great ! (Potion Efficiency +2)
My first ring is given by Eugene. He didn't like Jackal's Ring, he prefer to swing with his Axe! :hihi:

Weapons aren't that important for a Mage Priest, but I just use what I find. First I found a shield in a corpse where I kill my first two Goblins. Later on a Goblin left behind a one-handed sword and later in the Lost Cavern another one-handed sword in a chest I used till the time I found my first two-handed sword (Flamberge) in the Secret Passage : a Legendary Steel Normal Light Iron Flamberge of the Mage Priest! Later on I found 2 other Flamberges almost at the same time in the Delerect Tunnels ! Spoken of luck, the second one I like most and use it now, selling away all other weapons & shield : a Magical Bear's Well-Crafted Heavy Iron Flamberge of the Vampire with Life Leech L3 & giving extra health of 27, great. From now on I only wish to use a two-handed sword and hope I learn to handle them even better a couple of battles later ....
For a very short time I used Hallorn's Ring, but give it away as evidence of killing him. Teh reward was also nice : my first bow : Rare Ashen Short Bow of Doom with extra damage on (ID3). I can handle bows thanks to the Champion David's Gauntlets wink ...

All the food and drink I find I eat & drink them, but give away with all pleasure 1 red apple, 1 healing potion and 1 mug of beer to 3 sleeping beauties laugh ! All Gems & Ores I sell till I can really make use of them. I'm still waiting for the day I meet an Enchanter. smile

I'm Locke's best client and maybe Gold is all I need to get rich hahaha ... "Money makes the world go round" ... yes ? I've now 8995 glitters of goldcoins in my pocket ! evil

Till next Year ... or later on, that depends on how much I can do, besides of flirting with Tim in the Black Boar Inn :hihi:
New advnetures of wonder & hot fire ... of the charming lady that is Primellina the Mage Priest .
Posted By: Demonic Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 12/04/13 02:15 AM
How many times have you beaten the game Joram? I've beaten it five times.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 12/04/13 05:28 AM
The Ego Draconins part I've beaten at least 4 or 5 times, but the FoV part just 1 time to the final end. I darf not to staart FoV with a few heroes waiting for me to wake them up at the start of FoV part because I already know how addicted I can become with that part !! My sleeping time then become horrible low ... hahaha

Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 19/04/13 09:52 AM
A last moment of relaxing in the sunlight before I go kill Amdusias ! The Killer Bunny is no more and Sosostra run away as like the Devil got her !

Here she stands, Primellina the Battle Mage Priest, nearby the tombe of Penelope with a nice view of Lovis' tower.
She's wearing the Wild Dwellers Leggings & the Cuirass of Jurak. And look at her Heroic Necromancer's Gauntlets of Spiritual Power & her Two-Handed Sword the Bear's Flamberge of the Vampire.
Isn't she lovely ?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Macbeth Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 19/04/13 12:04 PM
Primellina looks great!

Don't forget to mindread Amdusias; that'll get her a shiny new helmet! smile
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 19/04/13 12:15 PM
O no ... I don't wanna wear any helmet at all this playthrough because I like to see Primellina's hair blowing in the wind ... wink
I Already mindreaded Amdusias and got his helmet, but sell it to Locke, he really likes it! Now he can do more 'hocus pocus' ... stuff go out, more money comes in ... in a so much faster way ! biggrin
Posted By: Demonic Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 20/04/13 02:53 AM
That reminds me...

Hair and clothing physics for Divinity 3. Make it happen Larian.

Oh and Ygerna wasn't that hard to slay on nightmare. I beat her first go. Mind you, she couldn't reach me, my summoned creatures made sure of that and I just fired poison and explosive arrows from afar at her.

The Divine and Zandalor were much harder bosses but FoV does make you way more powerful so that's why Ygerna becomes easy.

I think it's time for another Divine Divinity play-through now.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 21/04/13 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Demonic
That reminds me...

Hair and clothing physics for Divinity 3. Make it happen Larian.

Oh and Ygerna wasn't that hard to slay on nightmare. I beat her first go. Mind you, she couldn't reach me, my summoned creatures made sure of that and I just fired poison and explosive arrows from afar at her.

The Divine and Zandalor were much harder bosses but FoV does make you way more powerful so that's why Ygerna becomes easy.

Correct, Ygerna was on nightmare easy, the fight was over before I noticed it was started ! But yeah, my summons and creature do a good job too ! The Divine & Zandalor are indeed harder!

Originally Posted by Demonic

I think it's time for another Divine Divinity play-through now.

Ooooo Yeahhh !! Go for it Demonic !
My Primellina is now level 16, soon a new update will follow!
And it was the first time I killed Amdusias in one trip (without dying!) smile
Yes!, I've got him ... "Maxos!!" ! :hihi:

Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 24/04/13 07:43 AM
[Linked Image]

Two Ghosts and my Creature ... sixteen years (levels) are pasted now ... Busy with killing and Quests solving here on Sentinel Island !
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 20/10/15 08:04 AM
It's a very looong time since I write down here !
Back addicted to DKS !!!
Playing now a Battle Priest, Astrid Zola is her name and she's now level 26.
Focus on Priest & Warrior Skills only, except Lockpick and if I find a piece of equipment with a skill on I really gonna use, like my Earrings with Healing +2, for instance.

I was a very lucky hero finding a bracelet with the skill Thousand Strikes +1 before the fight against Amdusias so with my Ghost, Creature (but didn't found a ghoulish head) and the skills Rush Attack & Thousand Strikes ... Amdusias was fast stone death!!
Skillpoints invested so far :
Priest skills :
Charm(4/5), Life Tap(3/5), Hide in Shadows(1/5), Master Herbalist(3/5), Summon Mastery(3/5), Summon Ghost(8/10), Sommon Demon(4/10) (Summon Undead I used in the beginning via a bonus from an amulet) & maybe later on take Blind too.
Warrior skills : Whirlwind(8/10) !, Rush Attack(3/5), Thousand Strikes(5/10) & maybe later also Regenerate if I've skillpoints left ...

Stats (without gear) :
Strength & Intelligence: both 34
Spirit & Vitality: both 22
Dexterity : 5
Especially gear on that boost my Spirit & Vitality & buying charms of str, int, vit, spirit & some dex ....
Use this time only 1-handed weapons + shield and a bow, but no 2-handed melee weapon !

Trading in the Orobas Fjords, I love it ! My Travel Trading Tour is still in use ! :hihi:

Till next time !
Posted By: vometia Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 20/10/15 08:27 PM
Yay! smile

DKS is one of those games that keeps calling me back too. I wish there was more of it to explore... For me, Broken Valley remains my favourite bit, though I can see why you like the Fjords.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 21/10/15 05:25 AM
I like the whole DKS . Each aera (Broken Valley, Fjords, Aleroth (FoV) ) on it's own has their very good parts & some less wel parts ...
This time I really gonna play till the final end: killing Ygerna ! laugh
I just play now my most favorite build with the skills I love most, although there're more skills I do not use now I also love I must honestly say, but I wish to focus this time on less different kind of skills, but specialize more in each skill I go for and I realize that's way stronger than making a mess ... :hihi:

On this moment I play not on "nightmare mode", but maybe later on I will do ... now I play on hard, starting on normal. Some dangerous enemies like Zagan in the High Hall Well Cave I lower the difficulty a bit.

I love the trading part in rpg's, especially in the Larian games !! That's indeed one of the reason's I love the Fjords .... and because I love to fly and burn down towers of the Black Ring hehehe !!
hehe
Posted By: vometia Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 21/10/15 06:54 AM
Actually, getting to Ygerna reminds be that there's one part of DKS I don't like, and that's the bloody Zeppelin escort mission! I know some people walked it, but I found it incredibly difficult and it took loads of attempts. It was even harder than keeping the hordes of spooks, gremlins and creepy-crawlies away from Zandalor during his interminable spellcasting!

I also love stuff like trading, as well as exploring and meeting people. I miss it in games where I can't just randomly wander off somewhere of my own volition. It's much nicer to be a part of a living world rather than a "the world is your shooting gallery" type of game! Especially as Larian's worlds always have randomly interesting or amusing stuff to discover.

As far as the difficulty goes, the original Ego Draconis even on easy was pretty much anyone else's nightmare setting! I don't think I've ever died so often. :o
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 21/10/15 11:02 AM
Yeah, the Zeppelin Escort mission is annoying difficult ! And then Ygerna was so easy ... max 10 seconds and that fight was over ! End of game .
After reading some hints & tips on the forum boards here I succeed in the escort mission, otherwise ....

You mean that fight in the Aleroth Ministry with Zandalor and Deodatus ? I'm planning to do that quest as soon as possible so I can trade with Deodatus too LOL !
Still many open quests and so far nothing done in the Flying Fortresses(FF) ... but next playround I'm planning to start in Stone's FF ...

I'm also wondering how many gamers still play DKS.
I've the Ego Draconis dvd also (Xbox), but only play the DKS (also on Xbox) version now ... I've tried to play DKS on pc(the Developers Cut), but I'm sooooo clumsy with mouse (and keyboard) if the fights are real-time combat ...
Posted By: vometia Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 21/10/15 04:54 PM
I definitely had to read up on various tips and tricks to complete the Zeppelin mission! I don't think I would've ever survived otherwise. I was rather bummed out when the Zeppelin in question got into trouble near the end, but after trying a couple of times I concluded that it was probably fated to happen that way anyway. Ygerna was definitely easy in comparison, but she still gave me a bit of a kicking!

And, yeah, it was that battle in the Ministry with Mr Deodatus (well remembered! I didn't) that I was referring to. First time through ED, I got completely stuck here and had to go away and sulk for several months. Though that's a fairly regular occurrence with me: discovering that not every fight in Morrowind was a fair fight for some noob fresh off the boat meant a three month sulk; Bioshock Infinite's daft save system caused me to sulk for nearly a year; The Witcher's encounter with the wolf thingy in the Outskirts made me want to throw my PC out of the window. etc. All my favourite games, but all with a generous measure of frustration.

Ego Draconis was definitely a lot more difficult than DKS. I'm quite ambivalent about the changes made to the fortresses in transition: in ED they were actually quite a lot more interesting than in DKS, but the could be so, so frustrating...
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 23/10/15 08:26 AM
I find the fortresses a lot more enjoyable in DKS, but that's my experience of course wink

Yesterday I've tried starting that battle in the Ministry, but Astrid Zola is just 1 or 2 levels too low for that battle so she gonna do further other area's first.
At the moment she's in the Sinister Cave* ....
.... for a "meet & great" with Barnabus :hihi:

* enemies with level 22, so sure the jumping puzzles in the cave are way more dangerous to fail than getting killed by an enemy!
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare mode on Xbox of a female hero - 07/11/15 08:49 PM
In the meanwhile Astrid Zola is in Aleroth city ! Level 35 when she came in Aleroth. Yesterday she reached level 36. The first thing she did in the Flames of Vengeance part is talking with as many NPC's as possible for accepting all the great Quests !!
Done a few quests already. The atmosphere, the sounds, the music, the dialogs .... I forget how magnificent they are in this FoV part !!
Only the Escort Mission at the end is something I'm not so happy with, but if that's all ....
© Larian Studios forums