Larian Studios
Posted By: EddyCosta32 Game release continues the same? - 06/04/14 09:18 PM
In wikipedia it says that the game was delayed from february 28th to april 25th. Do you all think it will be released in this date, with all the bugs that we've discovered in the beta so far?
Posted By: EddyCosta32 Re: Game release continues the same? - 06/04/14 09:19 PM
Just for the record, i'm not complaining or anything, at least that is not my intention. I just want to know opinions about the game's release date.
Posted By: Hassat Hunter Re: Game release continues the same? - 06/04/14 09:28 PM
Extremely unlikely.
Posted By: Darth_Trethon Re: Game release continues the same? - 06/04/14 09:43 PM
Unlikely for April 25th but it shouldn't be more than a couple months behind I think. The game is just about feature complete so it's a matter of ironing out bugs and such so it shouldn't be too much longer.
Posted By: RtM Re: Game release continues the same? - 06/04/14 09:48 PM
I'm loving the beta. It's difficult not to continue playing but I dont want to ruin the experience of a proper play through. I was upset about the previous delay. This one I will only be slightly upset since my hopes and dreams have already been crushed previously.
Posted By: Mikus Re: Game release continues the same? - 07/04/14 11:02 AM
I'm actually a little concerned that even if they release two/three months from now, the game will still be pretty buggy, considering all the bugs/crashes still present in Cyseal even after the alpha - let alone the other 3/4 of the game that thousands of playtesters (us) still haven't had a chance to report on. Just saying.
Posted By: meme Re: Game release continues the same? - 07/04/14 12:40 PM
April 25th was never an official announced date; they are not going to be ready by the 25th but that will not be 'yet' another delay smile
-
My guess is June but maybe the second beta patch will show amazing progress. You can sort of gauge the progress if you look at the game stopping bugs in the other forums for the current beta. It is quite massive so I think no one should be surprise if it takes 4 or 5 more iterations; if each iteration takes 2 weeks then 2 months would be the earliest.

Originally Posted by EddyCosta32
In wikipedia it says that the game was delayed from february 28th to april 25th. Do you all think it will be released in this date, with all the bugs that we've discovered in the beta so far?
Posted By: EddyCosta32 Re: Game release continues the same? - 07/04/14 04:06 PM
That's a pity =/. I can't wait to play the full release.
Posted By: Abbie Re: Game release continues the same? - 08/04/14 12:09 AM
I know...it's getting hard not to spoil the game by just playing through it. >.> I always have to tell myself to *not* play...

But hey, at least we (those of us who are interested) may have Wasteland 2 to tide us over? It's looking like W2 will be out before D:OS's final release...^.^
Posted By: Edvin Re: Game release continues the same? - 08/04/14 12:51 AM
I see that there are a lot of people who underestimate the skills of our developers.
If it is not a MMORPG, game beta phase usually takes about a month.
This is also a public beta test, so that means even more players who may looking bugs.
In addition, it was said that now the whole team will concentrate on correcting errors, buggs and game balance.
Posted By: EddyCosta32 Re: Game release continues the same? - 08/04/14 02:56 AM
May the gods hear your words, Edvin! I truly hope it launches this month laugh
Posted By: Chaotica Re: Game release continues the same? - 08/04/14 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by Edvin
I see that there are a lot of people who underestimate the skills of our developers.
If it is not a MMORPG game beta phase usually takes about a month.

well I am a bit sceptical about your assumption
Posted By: Hassat Hunter Re: Game release continues the same? - 08/04/14 09:41 AM
Wow, beta takes a month?

No, no, I don't think you know what beta means.
Posted By: meme Re: Game release continues the same? - 08/04/14 12:17 PM
Data point from ifferent company; different people; different game; wasteland beta is schedule to take 3 months.
Posted By: Edvin Re: Game release continues the same? - 08/04/14 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by meme
Data point from different company; different people; different game; wasteland beta is schedule to take 3 months.

I think you misunderstood what I meant.
Beta phase USUALY takes about a month.

Beta means that game is in the final stage and they just fine-tuning details. Public beta can not last long because it is only a matter of time before game appear at some pirate servers. Some players are impatient and too long beta can compel them search "different methods" how to get game. In short, too long beta means reducing profits.

I'm not saying that the game will be released in a month, I'm just saying that it's not impossible.

BTW: InXile entertainment (studio responsible for Wasteland 2) definitely isn't studio which can be compared with Larian.
Posted By: Hassat Hunter Re: Game release continues the same? - 08/04/14 09:10 PM
No, no, no.
That's not what Beta means, nor does it take that short.

No wonder people go all "it feels like beta" if people think Beta is that!
Posted By: Horrorscope Re: Game release continues the same? - 08/04/14 09:23 PM
Beta times can vary on pretty much any variable. Us on the outside cannot say what Larian can and can't do in a month. We can look at the industry as whole and make guesstimates and we do.

M&M X, they surprised us and popped out the final version much quicker than planned. It wasn't polished enough, it was still a fun game and all, but there were several game breaking bugs, performance issues etc.

One of the pluses for Larian is they have a patient group of players, to me most people have stated, released when done, because they know how good the game can be. I hope the EA $$$ etc allows them to wait until it's done. (So the next time you are in the middle of a "Why pay for beta" thread on Steam or the like, mention that it also allows the dev's to develop longer and not have to rush things out.

We all win when the game is well done.
Posted By: EddyCosta32 Re: Game release continues the same? - 09/04/14 04:17 AM
Yeah, i'll have to agree with you, Horrorscope. I just hope that it doesn't take too long to launch it, like, going beyond June or something like that. Let us all pray, gentlemen!
Posted By: Muslim Re: Game release continues the same? - 09/04/14 09:30 AM
Even if the game will create another 6 months it will not be so terrible if Larian representatives will get in touch for more and tell what they are doing and what is now engaged .
Fans need to wait for the makeup game , now a lot of topics on the forum discussed by the players and not a clear answer to a question we do not get . It is very sad.

Larian studio, we ask you to look into the thicket of the forum and often give clear answers to what you do and what you can not do from the fact that we would like to see in the game.

We would like to hear at least the surface causes various problems in development. We are your fans who supported you money, and the only thing that we want is that you do not forget about us and hear our prayers , which would eventually create our game and your dreams smile
Posted By: DarkHawk Re: Game release continues the same? - 14/04/14 03:08 PM
No, Larians don't concentrate on the forum, keep with the game.
It's done, when it's done, the earlier the better but please take all the time you might need.
Posted By: Noxine127 Re: Game release continues the same? - 14/04/14 03:45 PM
I would love the game to be released as early as possible but as DarkHawk said they should take as much time as they need as they were always rushed to realize the games as quickly as possible which makes the games lack features they wanted but they still where greate games.

As for now i am happy with beta which added some new content that i still need to explore and eaven without beta i have already spent 50 hours on it messing around killing everyone and so on.

And as beta have bean relised i dont think it will take them long till they relise the game i think it might take them up to 2-3 months if not more but i will weate as i love the game and i think they deserv to use what time they want to do everything right
Posted By: Darkmoon Re: Game release continues the same? - 18/04/14 02:25 PM
Amazon now lists the game with a release date of June, 24th.
Posted By: EddyCosta32 Re: Game release continues the same? - 19/04/14 03:28 AM
So, any news? Is June 24th the confirmed release date?
Posted By: Raze Re: Game release continues the same? - 19/04/14 03:35 AM

No, and no. There has been no official announcement.
Posted By: EinTroll Re: Game release continues the same? - 22/04/14 02:40 PM
Surprised nobody mentioned the fairly short duration of the Dragon Commander Beta.

I personally estimate the game to be out soon, during May at the latest. But the official release date is, as stated by Larian since sometime in the past, when it's ready.
Posted By: Crise Re: Game release continues the same? - 24/04/14 06:21 PM
The official release date as of right now is "Spring, 2014" which can safely be interpreted as "by the end of Q2, 2014" to avoid any unfortunate ambiguity in what is considered spring and what summer.
Posted By: Kein Re: Game release continues the same? - 25/04/14 01:11 PM
it's june 20
© Larian Studios forums