Larian Studios
Posted By: Mr. C Bring Back Global Chat. NAO. - 03/07/14 12:10 AM
NAO.
Posted By: Kingslayer Re: Bring Back Global Chat. NAO. - 03/07/14 12:12 AM
I thought it was just me that couldn't connect. So this is a problem we're all having?
Posted By: Horrorscope Re: Bring Back Global Chat. NAO. - 03/07/14 12:29 AM
No, they just added Mr C to the no Global Chat list today. Just you two! lol

Yeah it is all of us, we overwhelmed it.
Posted By: Kingslayer Re: Bring Back Global Chat. NAO. - 03/07/14 12:48 AM
Well I thought it was some port forwarding thing, you know how PC online stuff goes.
Posted By: Hassat Hunter Re: Bring Back Global Chat. NAO. - 03/07/14 12:57 PM
Works fine for me (ingame, not during char creation or main or whever I saw it before the main game loaded)... so I instantly switched it off.
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Bring Back Global Chat. NAO. - 03/07/14 01:11 PM
Larian Studios @larianstudios

We're sorry to announce that until we have better moderation options, we will switch off the global chat in Divinity:Original Sin
Posted By: dreyk Re: Bring Back Global Chat. NAO. - 03/07/14 01:46 PM
Oh thaaat's a reason behind this. Well what did they expect it to be, little-pony-friendship-is-magic kind of talks?
Posted By: Knallfix Re: Bring Back Global Chat. NAO. - 03/07/14 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by dreyk
Oh thaaat's a reason behind this. Well what did they expect it to be, little-pony-friendship-is-magic kind of talks?

In early access, it was like that smile
Posted By: meme Re: Bring Back Global Chat. NAO. - 03/07/14 02:39 PM
Yea it was pretty good in Early access; to be honest I can see how it would be rough with 200K people on the same time (even if everyone is well behaved; and then when you throw in a few rotten apples it would be out of control very fast)
Posted By: Horrorscope Re: Bring Back Global Chat. NAO. - 03/07/14 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by meme
Yea it was pretty good in Early access; to be honest I can see how it would be rough with 200K people on the same time (even if everyone is well behaved; and then when you throw in a few rotten apples it would be out of control very fast)

Yes, it's a super cool feature, but not only moderate it, but also organize it wisely. Really to break up the thousands of players we'd need several different chat room types.
Posted By: Lar_q Re: Bring Back Global Chat. NAO. - 03/07/14 02:49 PM
Given Early Access we were hopeful, but indeed, our optimism seems to have been misplaced. We'll bring it back but more segregated.
© Larian Studios forums