Larian Studios
Posted By: Lar_q Patch V1.0.107 - 08/08/14 10:43 AM
Hello everybody!

We had a small holiday to recuperate from the release but are back now and are going to continue with updating and improving Divinity:Original Sin.

Expect new companions, plenty of quality of life improvements (in the game at least wink ) and more from us in the coming weeks.

Today's update includes a number of fixes and also introduces UI scaling.

Just go to options/game and use the UI scaling slader if you the user interface is too small/large for you.

Here is the list of other changes:

Introduced UI scaling
Fixed translations of the journal, level names and secrets
Fix for corrupted packed files
Fixed the modding menu
Fixed Henchman XP issue when hiring
Fixed status icons being empty when a character is charmed
Fixed issues when characters stopped following each other
Fixed crash when closing trade before icons are loaded
Fixed invulnerable status of death knights being reapplied after save/load
Minimap moved back to top layer
Fixed rare crash when resurrecting
Fixed Henchmen changing visual after save/load
Fixed race condition with cooperative dialogs
Improved memory footprint on win32
Fixed enemy portrait targeting with special arrows

Editor fixes

AI grid generation fix
It's now easier to add new scripts
Fixed a number of crashes
Improved error reporting when there's an issue with file copying
Remove Perforce status icons if you don't have perforce

Have fun!
Posted By: eidolon Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 08/08/14 11:05 AM
Sure, game breaking bugs are a higher priority, but a lot of gamers were hoping to see some balancing changes as well.
Guess I just have to delay my next playthrough for a bit.
Posted By: OJ191 Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 08/08/14 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by eidolon
Sure, game breaking bugs are a higher priority, but a lot of gamers were hoping to see some balancing changes as well.

Did they ever make coop dialogue work better so that the person who did not initiate the conversation can still see what's going on? That's all I'd really bother waiting for (my coop partner isn't ready to do DOS for a while yet any way so waiting is no biggie lol).
Posted By: tarasis Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 08/08/14 11:32 AM
Thanks Larian

OJ they have tweeted that they are doing some changes to the co-op dialog stuff. No idea what though.
Posted By: Jacob Marner Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 08/08/14 11:38 AM
Awesome. Thanks!
Posted By: Cattletech Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 08/08/14 12:09 PM
Looking forward to future updates, that will surely also lay the foundations for even better and more successful expansions and new games.

Particularly I would like to see AI improvements (esp. making it consider immunities when selecting targets and ignoring or deprioritizing summons), and please make Hard mode increase monsters' initiative too.

Also if you're hesitant about things that affect balance, you should consider Beta Patches, it's a great tool.
Posted By: dirigible Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 08/08/14 12:35 PM
Thanks for the patch, Larian, you guys rock.

I too, am looking forward to some balancing.
Posted By: Aslam Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 08/08/14 12:41 PM
Lar Q,

does the Homestead Doors not opening bug fixed?

I am stucked ingame waiting to thos fix.
Posted By: Revani Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 08/08/14 02:23 PM
Hi there, new forum member here. I have been playing this game cross'platform' with a friend for a while now. I downloaded it on GOG.com and she's on steam.
The game is patched on steam but there isn't a patch out on Gog.com yet.
We can't play now. Anything we can do?
Posted By: Trainspottingg Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 08/08/14 02:24 PM
Fixes are always welcome! Btw, I have hired my both henchman at level 3 (they were level 1) but they didn't get the corresponding attribute to level 2. I guess it will be permanent and there is nothing I can do about it, right?
Posted By: bzombo Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 08/08/14 04:15 PM
It's great to see the game getting bugs fixed and also the extra content that seems to be on the way. I really like what Larian is doing. This game feels so much like Baldur's Gate/Dragon Age:Origins. Keep the patches coming! smile
Posted By: Archaven Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 08/08/14 04:56 PM
Awesome. Love the UI scaling!
Posted By: kalniel Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 08/08/14 06:34 PM
Thank you!
Posted By: SniperHF Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 08/08/14 07:10 PM
I noticed that the editor download from GOG.com is still the same number (2.2.0.9). The game patch seems to be up though.
Posted By: dwelfusius Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 08/08/14 07:27 PM
scalable ui! f*** yeah smile

Now I can make finally good use of my combat text log

Love u Larian!
Posted By: LightningLockey Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 12:46 AM

You got that right. This game has turned into a complete waste of time on "Normal" difficulty and even on Easy some of the battles are hard to get threw. After Cyseal, the game balancing just went to shit. My disappointment is rather huge.

Even on easy, I need to summon a few monsters to surround a target so that my chance of melee or ranged hit is 80% or better. This is a game where unless your nothing but all mages, it is just too difficult. Need to know your terrain and predict what the enemy will do to counter it. Not to mention all the wasted turns with just re-healing and buffing.
Posted By: BlackMarch Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by LightningLockey

You got that right. This game has turned into a complete waste of time on "Normal" difficulty and even on Easy some of the battles are hard to get threw. After Cyseal, the game balancing just went to shit. My disappointment is rather huge.

Even on easy, I need to summon a few monsters to surround a target so that my chance of melee or ranged hit is 80% or better. This is a game where unless your nothing but all mages, it is just too difficult. Need to know your terrain and predict what the enemy will do to counter it. Not to mention all the wasted turns with just re-healing and buffing.

No, you're doing it wrong. Use mages to buff and prot melee, that's when you really rape your foes.

That said, I'm very annoyed they didn't do anything about the vendors. Current state of the game where you can get to level 15 without having found essential skillbooks like Whirlwind one single time is just too much.- And the constant vendor checking every single level as well.
Posted By: Klixen Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 04:10 AM
Wonderful! I've been waiting for a Windows 32 fix.

As for 'game balancing' I'm actually rather relieved to see they've left it alone and just concentrated on fixing the bugs.

I know some people don't like Leech and some of the other talents, but some of us do like them. So I hope Larian just continue to focus on bug fixing and leave everything else up to the modding community (who are unbelievably talented and awesome) smile
Posted By: Adnan008 Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 05:38 AM
shovels have no name still havent fixed
Posted By: PeteNewell Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 06:00 AM
Originally Posted by BlackMarch
No, you're doing it wrong. Use mages to buff and prot melee, that's when you really rape your foes.

This word "rape" that you use.

I do not think it means what you think it means.
Posted By: eidolon Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 08:29 AM

I meant the exact opposite: There are some strategies / game mechanics / bugs that make the game just way too easy:
-Leech, especially in combo with Bloodletting + running or Comeback Kid
-Sneak / Invisibility at the end of your turn makes the enemies ignore your char. If all party members are in sneak mode, the enemies won't attack you at all.
-the massive AP boost from Glass Cannon and how easy it is to get around the HP malus
- Resistances can be increased to > 100% vs all without problems (primarily because of crafting)
- Crafting/Blacksmithing allows you to craft and buff weapons that deal more than twice the damage of the weapons that you can find/buy. A few 0 AP Voodoo Dolls can just kill anything you want and upgrading your heavy armor completely ignores the big movement penalty of these items.
- There are so many CC effects available that you have always a few that will work on your target (including bosses) to keep it permanently locked out of the fight.
- some spells don't match the description, most notably the shield spells that will absorb damage of any type equal to the max health of the target
- the Seller of Secrets exploit has not been fixed yet, allowing parties to buy 10+ additional attribute/ability books.
Posted By: PredatorV Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 09:00 AM
When finally allow the translation of new texts?
When the place in main.pak appear in english.xml?
Dozens of other countries want to translate the game into their languages ​​!!!!
Posted By: Condor Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 09:45 AM
Cheers for the update and appreciate for all the hard work you guys put into your game.

+1
Posted By: Nasmodok Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 10:13 AM
I don't recall allowing updates or patches?

Why did you guys mess up the mercenaries. I logged into my game today to find that they no longer level up when you hire them to match your heroes.

I'm sorry, but in a game where enemies do not respawn you CAN NOT take that feature away.

You're basically telling us we HAVE to use Jahan and Madora or be penalized by being stuck with your extremely bad (or in other words, not what I would choose) choices on skills and talents.

I sure hope you plan on "fixing" it back the way it was. They need to match our levels. It's bad enough I'm stuck with these two until I finish the tiberium (sp?) quest, but now I can't ditch them for hirelings I've had waiting either.
Posted By: Condor Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Nasmodok
I don't recall allowing updates or patches?

Why did you guys mess up the mercenaries. I logged into my game today to find that they no longer level up when you hire them to match your heroes.
Try this trick

When you get access to the Hall of Heros, you can hire henchmen. By hiring a low level one, then getting them to leave and rejoin, they automatically level up to the rest of your characters.
Posted By: Nasmodok Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 10:21 AM
ya.. they don't anymore.

I know it it's supposed to work.
Posted By: Nasmodok Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 10:39 AM
Well, hopefully they get this working like that again soon as a hotfix or something.

If it's still working normally for someone else let me know. I'm currently not running any mods on my game, and even started a new game just to check. But I would feel better if it was only a problem on my end. That would be fixable.

I have my coop game where we're lvl 14 and off to the mines, and I have my single player game. But my single player game I had to restart and it really sucks that I can't remake my old characters.
Posted By: prodigydancer Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 01:52 PM

+1
Same here (GOG version).

Henchmen were already broken in 1.0.81:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=505229

And now it's even worse.

Maybe it's time for less patching and more QA? smile
Posted By: LeBurns Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 02:08 PM
I noticed that the portals have their names now on the map. No more guessing which portal is what.

Now if they can just redesign the portal locations with tabs or something so you're not scrolling all over the place near end game.
Posted By: TheChezDispenser Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 02:24 PM
I'd like to hear about any optimization improvements being made. This game should not be running as poorly as it is on my computer.
Posted By: Larathiel Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 02:26 PM
Any chance that we can get support for lefties in the next patch (i.e. rebind NumPad without needing AutoHotKey)?
Posted By: Corence Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 04:23 PM
My wife plays on Mac and I'm on PC so as of yesterday we now have different versions (Auto-patched to 1.0.107 for me and she's still on 1.0.81) About how long should it be before the mac version gets its update?
Posted By: Elwyn Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Corence
My wife plays on Mac and I'm on PC so as of yesterday we now have different versions (Auto-patched to 1.0.107 for me and she's still on 1.0.81) About how long should it be before the mac version gets its update?

This shouldn't be a problem at all - we are also playing on Mac and on Windows and we both have version 1.0.107. Maybe Steam just didn't update the game? Try restarting Steam client, then the update should start.
Posted By: LightningLockey Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 08:55 PM

That said, I'm very annoyed they didn't do anything about the vendors. Current state of the game where you can get to level 15 without having found essential skillbooks like Whirlwind one single time is just too much.- And the constant vendor checking every single level as well.

Um, this is what I'm doing lol. I got two mages, a warrior and an archer. If I played this game as just warriors and archers it would be impossible to play. If I play the game with all mages, I can tear threw everything. Even my stinking warrior needs to summon stuff.
Posted By: Corence Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 10:05 PM
I have the steam update on PC that is 1.0.107 she has her version from GOG on Mac which is 1.0.81 Is there a way to download the patch for her?
Posted By: Elwyn Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by Corence
I have the steam update on PC that is 1.0.107 she has her version from GOG on Mac which is 1.0.81 Is there a way to download the patch for her?

Gog is always a little bit behind with patches, but my guess is that they will update the game at the beginning of the next week.
Posted By: antip0q Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 11:08 PM
Please optimize the game.
Cyseal Market 35 fps
Phantom Forest, teleport near Cassandra 30 fps
Phantom Forest, poison cloud 17-21 fps
Final Boss Fight 16-18 fps, with doing nothing. I know, there a lot visual effects on this area, but i don't think they should drain performance that much.
I running on Win8.1 64bit, Intel HD4000/AMD 8800M (latest AMD drives), Intel i5-3230M, 8GB RAM.
Posted By: Waltc Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 09/08/14 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by prodigydancer

+1
Same here (GOG version).

And now it's even worse.

It seems to me that 1.0.107 has in fact *fixed* a bug that was present in earlier versions--the henchman are obviously *not* supposed to lvl-up to whatever level your party members currently are. The fact that they were doing it was the bug...;)

How do I know? Because you can buy Henchmen all the way up to lvl 20 or so, provided someone in the party is at least within 1 lvl of lvl 20 (or very close in level, etc.) IE, if your party is mainly lvl 10 it would be idiotic if the game let you buy lvl 20 Henchmen...;)

OTOH, Because you can buy Henchmen at various levels either below or at your party's lvls, it makes no sense at all for a lvl 10 party to be able to buy a lvl 1 npc, who then lvls up to lvl 10 automatically. It makes no sense because *you can already buy a Lvl 10 charcter*. Yes, and as we might expect, lvl 10 characters cost a lot more than lvl 1 characters because they are 10x stronger...;)

The point to the Hall of Heroes is that you can buy a Henchman who is at or below your party lvl, your choice. You have a level 5 party, then buy a level 5 henchman. *Or*, if you don't want to spend or don't have the cash, buy a lvl 1 Henchman and take him with you. Should he *survive* your next few encounters he'll level on up to lvl 5 pretty quick--as the first few levels in the game happen much more quickly than later levels, for obvious reasons.

It's obvious that the auto-leveling of Henchman was not intended from the beginning and has now been fixed.

Posted By: Corlexys Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 10/08/14 12:40 PM
Some dialogues (b.e. Icara, white witch and her servant) are not visible to players, so you only see "Icara:".

If you get this bug while solving some minor quests, its really frustrating, because you only see your own spoken text.

Please fix that, as soon as possible.

Thx so far for such a great game, the best over the last 15 years!

Go on with patching and please deliver us addons! We love your work!

Regards,

Cor
Posted By: Sabi Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 10/08/14 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Waltc

+1
Same here (GOG version).

And now it's even worse.

It seems to me that 1.0.107 has in fact *fixed* a bug that was present in earlier versions--the henchman are obviously *not* supposed to lvl-up to whatever level your party members currently are. The fact that they were doing it was the bug...;)

How do I know? Because you can buy Henchmen all the way up to lvl 20 or so, provided someone in the party is at least within 1 lvl of lvl 20 (or very close in level, etc.) IE, if your party is mainly lvl 10 it would be idiotic if the game let you buy lvl 20 Henchmen...;)

OTOH, Because you can buy Henchmen at various levels either below or at your party's lvls, it makes no sense at all for a lvl 10 party to be able to buy a lvl 1 npc, who then lvls up to lvl 10 automatically. It makes no sense because *you can already buy a Lvl 10 charcter*. Yes, and as we might expect, lvl 10 characters cost a lot more than lvl 1 characters because they are 10x stronger...;)

The point to the Hall of Heroes is that you can buy a Henchman who is at or below your party lvl, your choice. You have a level 5 party, then buy a level 5 henchman. *Or*, if you don't want to spend or don't have the cash, buy a lvl 1 Henchman and take him with you. Should he *survive* your next few encounters he'll level on up to lvl 5 pretty quick--as the first few levels in the game happen much more quickly than later levels, for obvious reasons.

It's obvious that the auto-leveling of Henchman was not intended from the beginning and has now been fixed.

Which simply make game more broken in one of worst ways possible.

Let me remind you - this game have NO respawning enemies or any other way to grind your team from low level.

When henchmen used to level up to fit your team, it was allowing players to play as they see fit - try different character or classes, experiment with different builds or just to make separate characters for trading, lockpicking or crafting. Or just to get rid of companions for a moment and try something different. Not to mention that those pre-made henchmen usually have terribly distributed statistics and abilities (mage with str bonuses and 3 con?) and that it kills the freedom of designing your own team - one of most important aspects of team-based RPGs.

In current situation, game FORCE people to stick with same team for whole 60 hours + long game. They didnt remove a bug - they removed FEATURE.

Posted By: kurausu Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 10/08/14 04:46 PM
In my cooperative game, me and my friend got Pholus at level 1 and by level 13 he was at bartering 7 and charisma 5 with items. We just noticed he wasn't leveling with us when we got to level 16, usually we would look at all the shops and plan a route with him to buy everything we wanted.

The only real problem we saw was that he doesn't force a new inventory to be generated for vendors.
Which is easily solved by talking to the vendors yourself and then using him.

To be frank, i think this bug:

Made using higher leveled henchmen pointless. Why use them when you can get a level 1 and tailor everything to your needs? Do note that if automatic level up for henchman wasn't planned, then indeed it was a bug and i'd prefer that Larian solved the bugs to make the game like they envisioned. However i would like the hireable henchmen to have more diverse dialogue (no need for personal quests, just more diverse dialogue).

Made the game way easier than it is, because without this bug you would be forced to decide if you wanted to have crafting, blacksmithing, bartering, lockpicking and pickpocketing, thus making your character more than something that only knows how to kill and accompanied by mindless slav... i mean hechmen.

Finally, maybe not everything in the game is/was supposed to be played 'as we see fit':

Maybe we HAVE TO sneak past death knights and collapse a mine unto them
Maybe we HAVE TO have a tenebrium weapon to break the big blood stone
Maybe you HAVE TO let Thelyron die even though you can have an unused blood stone with you that you could use to save him.
Maybe we HAVE TO make some important choices regarding our henchmen.

I'm sure other people can say that there are lots of things in the game that can be done only one way and lots of things that can be done in multiple ways or bypassed. Now that i've ranted, i think i like the change, since it will make my next playthrough harder, which is always good.
Posted By: prodigydancer Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 10/08/14 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by kurausu

Made using higher leveled henchmen pointless.

Well, now ALL henchmen are pointless.

Enjoy.
Posted By: Corlexys Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 10/08/14 05:42 PM
News: So b.e. there are a lot of citizens in Cyseal now, who have no dialogues, if you talk to them. I think, this bug is after an update, because as we started the game, weeks ago, every citizen had his dialogues, if you talked to them.
Posted By: kurausu Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 10/08/14 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by kurausu

Made using higher leveled henchmen pointless.

Well, now ALL henchmen are pointless.

Enjoy.

Not really. Now all henchmen are pointless TO YOU.
Posted By: Ichthyic Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 11/08/14 04:18 AM

Um, this is what I'm doing lol. I got two mages, a warrior and an archer. If I played this game as just warriors and archers it would be impossible to play. If I play the game with all mages, I can tear threw everything. Even my stinking warrior needs to summon stuff.

sounds like you are not putting enough points into your primary stats. If you are summoning stuff just for the flanking bonus, I'm guessing your strength on your warrior is too low for their level, likewise dex for your archer.

respec your stats in the appropriate room at the end of time.

or, use precision stances to improve your hit chance.

use souls on your weapons; they boost both strength and dex.

focus on armor and items that boost those stats, as you can put resists on nearly anything.

seriously, I play the same setup you do, and my archer and warrior kill just as many things as my two mages do, and have since about level 12 (now level 20).

I found this game to have very little challenge past Cyseal. the enemies are not strong enough or numerous enough to overcome the poor ai.

Posted By: Ichthyic Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 11/08/14 04:24 AM
I never tried it, but can you respec henchfolk like you can respec your mains?

Posted By: Blablabla Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 11/08/14 05:35 AM
Patchlog.txt:

Incorrect version of: C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Games\Divinity - Original Sin\LanguageSetup.exe

Will there always be something not working correctly in GOG patches?
Posted By: iru Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 11/08/14 06:11 AM
Have you changed the early undead encounters as well? I ran unto a group of level 3's that I was very sure about being level 4 before this latest patch.
Posted By: Nasmodok Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 11/08/14 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by Sabi

+1
Same here (GOG version).

And now it's even worse.

Let me remind you - this game have NO respawning enemies or any other way to grind your team from low level.

When henchmen used to level up to fit your team, it was allowing players to play as they see fit - try different character or classes, experiment with different builds or just to make separate characters for trading, lockpicking or crafting. Or just to get rid of companions for a moment and try something different. Not to mention that those pre-made henchmen usually have terribly distributed statistics and abilities (mage with str bonuses and 3 con?) and that it kills the freedom of designing your own team - one of most important aspects of team-based RPGs.

In current situation, game FORCE people to stick with same team for whole 60 hours + long game. They didnt remove a bug - they removed FEATURE.

Exactly!

You can't buy the level 10 merc that they have for sale and actually enjoy it. It's built completely wrong. Plus what if you're playing with 4 people and they want to build their character from the ground up, they used to be able to..

What if you want to hire a merc at later levels to try out one of these so called options.. then realize it's crap.. guess you really have to use madora and jahan, but now they are a level or two behind you. Greaaaaaat.

Having them catch up to you is the only way for it to work in a game like this with no mob respawn. It needs to be fixed back.
Posted By: ss7877 Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 11/08/14 08:22 AM
I have a serious problem after Update V1.0.107. Any Skull + Mortar & Pestle give me nothing instead of Bone Dust.

Another problem with skulls - I can't throw them to earth from inventory (at the same time, option "drop" works correctly)

I hope, developers will correct this bug as soon as possible.
Posted By: Tripledragon Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 11/08/14 11:34 AM
Good a patch showed up. Now... how to use it? I cannot find a link anywhere or an "auto update" from within the game. I have the gog-version and it still runs 1.0.37, which I think is a bit outdated...
Posted By: tarasis Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 11/08/14 11:54 AM
For the GOG version you need to manually download the patches from your shelf and apply them yourself. I'm not sure if you have to apply them all or if there is a mega patch from one version to the latest (my copy is on Steam, I haven't yet redeemed the other)
Posted By: Morrandir Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 11/08/14 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Tripledragon
Good a patch showed up. Now... how to use it? I cannot find a link anywhere or an "auto update" from within the game. I have the gog-version and it still runs 1.0.37, which I think is a bit outdated...
On GOG there's a single patch from at least version 1.0.74 to 1.0.107.
So if you're running 1.0.37, I fear you need to download the complete game again.

Posted By: Tripledragon Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 11/08/14 12:04 PM
Thanks for the answer, I'll just get to do it.

In all honesty, Larian: What? The? Fuck? I got the release version, there was no notification at all anywhere, and now I have to re-download it all?
Posted By: Raze Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 11/08/14 12:05 PM

GOG has updated the main installer a couple times. Unfortunately, they also removed the older patches from the download list for D:OS in 'My Games'. You will either need to re-download the latest full installer, or search online for the older patches (see here for a list of file names and checksum values). You could try contacting GOG support, and see if the older patches are still available, but just unlisted.
Posted By: Mikanoshi Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 11/08/14 03:09 PM
I don't think Icara should be selectable for teleportation skills... Now I can transfer her to lava and she unfreezes laugh but without dialog.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: labguy23 Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 11/08/14 09:15 PM

+1
Same here (GOG version).

And now it's even worse.

Please change it back to the way it was. Why would a I want to hire a pre-made henchman with a TERRIBLE build? Let people play the game the way they want to and stop trying to pigeonhole the people playing your game.
Posted By: OniEikichi Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 11/08/14 09:46 PM
I miss the last portal in The end of time. I've used a bloodstone but the portal has not opened (until now it was a portal for every bloodstone i've used). Is it a bug of this last patch or is it normal
Posted By: Waltc Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 12/08/14 01:00 AM

You don't need re-spawning when you start from the beginning...;)

So, OK, when you--at lvl 10, say--go to the hall of heroes and buy a Lvl 1, character...he'll most likely lvl up to lvl 10 before you hit lvl 12 or lvl13, because it takes a lot fewer points to level up from 1 to 2 than from 9 to 10, etc.

But...since you are no longer in the beginning of the game...and, yes, the game doesn't have you repeatedly killing everything you have killed before--over and over again just to mindlessly rack up experience points--you will be fighting very tough foes from whom your characters will receive *many* experience points when they win the battles--and in the process your LvL 1 character will get lvl 10 *much faster* than he would if you did the tedious respawning thing. BUT...the catch is, of course, you have to keep him *alive* in order to level him up quickly. That is more difficult to do than the respawning thing, by design. Mercenaries are meant to be *bought* and brought on board--this is *not* "character creation* as happens only once in the game--when you begin the game! So...buying the mercenaries as they are is done exactly right--the "Character Creation* aspect to that was evidently the bug--which has now been fixed. Buying Mercenaries is not to be confused with character creation...Lol...;) Entirely different thing.

You can also build XP from competing Quests--many of the quests you complete in this game give you 2x-3x the XP even tough fights will give you--so if you pick up a character later on from the HoH who didn't complete any of the 4500XP quests (for example) with your party, where's the in-game justification for simply giving those points to the Mercenary...? If you don't like the lvl 10 mercenary character builds, then what that tells me is to be more careful with building up my original party characters so as to be able to get the kinds of party members I want.

Just because a game has different rules than those you think it *should have* is certainly no reason to call it "broken"...Lol,,,:D Just learn how to play it according to its *rules* and I guarantee you'll get a lot more from it.

I understand your frustration--you were exploiting a bug that has now been fixed and you don't like not being able to do that anymore. That's entirely understandable. But...I think it is wrong headed. The Hall of Heroes is not meant to help a player correct the wrong character development decisions he's made--it's for buying *pre-configured mercenaries* just as you would buy them in real life. If you want to wholly correct poor character-development decisions in the game--that's what the New Game button is for, imo. Heck, I've already started over three times and I am considering a forth...;)

It's part of the fun for me--sorry you can't see it because it isn't nearly as bad as you think--you just have to adjust your thinking a bit, that's all.

I like "long games" and always have...I'm not insulted if if Make a few wrong decisions and the game penalizes me for it--heck, I *expect* a game to do that and believe that any game worth owning and playing will do that. I didn't like the click-fest Diablo I when it shipped (I liked D2 much better), but I want a lot more from an RPG than D1-style click-fests and level building--that's far too easy and boring, imo.

Posted By: Sabi Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 12/08/14 01:26 PM
All those ";)" and overuse of "..." - please stop.

So, OK, when you--at lvl 10, say--go to the hall of heroes and buy a Lvl 1, character...he'll most likely lvl up to lvl 10 before you hit lvl 12 or lvl13, because it takes a lot fewer points to level up from 1 to 2 than from 9 to 10, etc.
But...since you are no longer in the beginning of the game...and, yes, the game doesn't have you repeatedly killing everything you have killed before--over and over again just to mindlessly rack up experience points--you will be fighting very tough foes from whom your characters will receive *many* experience points when they win the battles--and in the process your LvL 1 character will get lvl 10 *much faster* than he would if you did the tedious respawning thing.

First of all - check how much experience points you ACTUALLY need to get from 1 to 10.

All of this while he/she will make rest of possible companions falling back and usuable later, due to missed experience points and while being completely useless for whole time by lacking levels for equipment or skills. Brilliant idea indeed.

BUT...the catch is, of course, you have to keep him *alive* in order to level him up quickly. That is more difficult to do than the respawning thing, by design.

Do you have some kind of fetish for "difficulty", which is just being "bad design" and not actual obstacles?

Mercenaries are meant to be *bought* and brought on board--this is *not* "character creation* as happens only once in the game--when you begin the game! So...buying the mercenaries as they are is done exactly right--the "Character Creation* aspect to that was evidently the bug--which has now been fixed. Buying Mercenaries is not to be confused with character creation...Lol...;) Entirely different thing.

In other words, when there existed possibility to design your own team by yourself - option desired by many players, expressed over various internet boards and in form of mods, like "4 player creation" or "Fourplay" - and devs for some reason disabled it, calling it "bug" for no reason, you eat it up for no reason as well and right away call it good decision? Perfect.

Actually, creation might happen once - but respec is possible, for rather low price, considering usefulness. Yet, it is limited to main characters, who usually dont need respec at all, unless it was your very first play and had no idea that, for example, "My Precious" is worthless talent.

Just because a game has different rules than those you think it *should have* is certainly no reason to call it "broken"...Lol,,,:D Just learn how to play it according to its *rules* and I guarantee you'll get a lot more from it.

In short - "Bend over and stop complaining". Maybe you dont remember or never tried it - but when I started playing, bending rules and using your imagination was pros, not a con.

I understand your frustration--you were exploiting a bug that has now been fixed and you don't like not being able to do that anymore.

"Bug" only because you got told to think about it like that. I call it "good game design" and somehow, devs of various other games with similar setting shared that.

That's entirely understandable. But...I think it is wrong headed. The Hall of Heroes is not meant to help a player correct the wrong character development decisions he's made--it's for buying *pre-configured mercenaries* just as you would buy them in real life. If you want to wholly correct poor character-development decisions in the game--that's what the New Game button is for, imo. Heck, I've already started over three times and I am considering a forth...;)

Sure, playing over again 40+ hours is great solution. Let me correct you - it is not about "fixing" party - it is about "enchanting" it. About making balanced party where members complement each other. A great joy in basically any team-based RPG.

It's part of the fun for me--sorry you can't see it because it isn't nearly as bad as you think--you just have to adjust your thinking a bit, that's all.

I never said that game overall is "bad" - maybe another sign of modern times, where point out something bad in game is equal to bashing it or people think that games should have binary scores - either 0/1 or 1/1 - only that it have certain bad elements. Or rather - had way to deal with them, now removing it.
Posted By: Nasmodok Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 12/08/14 02:28 PM

All of this while he/she will make rest of possible companions falling back and usuable later, due to missed experience points and while being completely useless for whole time by lacking levels for equipment or skills. Brilliant idea indeed.

I would quote everything he said but for the sake of space this is the bulk of it.

In any RPG you miss out if you let them die, but you can take those low levels and farm respawning mobs to catch them up. I have no problem leveling mercs if it were actually an option. The problem is that it's NOT in this game. If you EVER stop using Jahan or Madora, you will always be higher level than your mercs unless you higher new crappy ones.

Also the 4 player aspect. People drop in to my games all the time to play for a bit. It used to be they could pick a level 1 and level it they way they want, we could go buy some skills and gear and play. Someone might play with me Monday and Wed while someone else on Tues and Thurs. All we had to do was leave them in the hall until next time and they wouldn't fall behind. Now we can't. It was perfect for social casual gamers.

Until this is fixed back, and/or a mod is made to change it back, and/or mercs are allowed to respec at the demon (still forcing you to use Jahan and Madora btw, >.<) this game has lost all fun value.

Currently I log in to the forums to see if this is fixed, then log in to a different game and D:OS is put on hold.
Posted By: labguy23 Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 12/08/14 03:09 PM
[quote=Sabi]
Currently I log in to the forums to see if this is fixed, then log in to a different game and D:OS is put on hold.

Same. I don't plan on playing this game again until this is resolved.

It's a single player game for crying out loud. Just let people play the way they want. There is no good reason for not letting the henchmen autolevel other than the Devs just want to be stubborn about it.

The only other option is to research modding the game so it works correctly again. I consider how it is after patch 107 to be a SERIOUS bug.
Posted By: Skryia Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 12/08/14 04:16 PM
The patch seems to have broken highlighting, at least on the Mac Steam version of the game. I really liked that as I am old and it made it *much* easier for me to verify targets and such.

I'm also disappointed with the henchmen change, it really constrains how you can build a team as the pre-built henchmen have builds that range from merely sub-optimal to downright terrible. I had to start a new game and stick with Madora and Jahan to work around this. Hopefully this gets fixed or someone makes a working mod that replaces the henchmen templates to something more palatable. I'm still amazed Larian did such a nice job making a variety of henchmen, giving them custom looks and even back stories, and then made seemingly random builds for them all.
Posted By: ivra Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 12/08/14 08:22 PM
I started a game to see how little XP I could get before being able to hire companions in the Hall of Heroes. I followed these steps to achieve this:

• Fight the 3 undead encountered before the tutorial cave, 350XP
  • Skip the tutorial cave and head for the bridge.
  • Pass the two drunken guards at the bridge, 900XP.
  • Complete the quest Orc Fight on the Beach, 670XP.
  • Talk to Arhu at the gate, 1000XP.
  • Make sure you do not start the quest Fire! Fire! Fire! by walking close to the wall.
  • Discover the Cyseal Harbor portal, 90XP.
  • Enter Thelyron's House of Healing using the back entrance (where the sheep are) to avoid starting the quest The Fish Thief.
  • Open the door to the two sick men and do the quest The Apprentice and the Stone, 390XP
  • Look into the telescope and go to the Homestead Hall.
  • Talk to the Weaver of Time and then to ZikZax to get the teleporter pyramid.
  • Teleport to Cyseal Harbor.
  • Walk to the Legion Headquarters. Make sure you avoid the marketplace.
  • Talk to Aureus to be allowed inside the crime scene, 900XP.
  • Walk to the King Crab Inn without getting too close to the North Gate Portal or the marketplace.
  • When Mendius starts to talk to you, just select 'I'll take my leave' and enter the inn.
  • Talk to the guard outside and get him to open the door
  • Enter the crime scene, 1080XP
  • Teleport to the End of Time
  • Talk to John Smythe and hire your companions

At this point you only have 5380 XP and are level 2. Hiring a level 1 companion now will not hinder your progress at all. Remember that when the game ends you will probably have reached at least level 20. When you reach level 21 you have 3080000 XP. Why all this fuss about companions being useless? If you are going to stick with two companions the entire game, the current system is not a restriction at all in my opinion. If, however, you would like to create a lot of companions and level them all up, then you cannot get them as high as your two heroes. But why should the game allow that? It is almost like cheating if you have 20 companions to choose from and can pick the two most suited for each and every task in the game.
Posted By: Ichthyic Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 12/08/14 11:48 PM
Why all this fuss about companions being useless?

how about instead of dismissing people's concerns without any thought, you actually try reading them instead.

in fact, you could have even read the post directly above yours on the the subject.

Posted By: ivra Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 13/08/14 08:02 AM
I am not dismissing their thoughts. I am just not getting why it is so hard to adjust to the rules of the game. Also, among all those posts against the current solution I have read a lot of yelling and whining. That does not help at all. I am going to comment on two of the arguments against the current system.

Valid argument. However, why do you assume that you can design you companions exactly like you want too? You hire your companions after all. You have to select from what is available and do the best out of it. The game allows you to design your two heroes from ground up. It also allows you to select up to two companions to follow you. Why must the game use the same rules for both of these situations? Why is it so hard to accept that your followers cannot be designed exactly to your liking?

Also the 4 player aspect. People drop in to my games all the time to play for a bit. It used to be they could pick a level 1 and level it they way they want, we could go buy some skills and gear and play. Someone might play with me Monday and Wed while someone else on Tues and Thurs. All we had to do was leave them in the hall until next time and they wouldn't fall behind. Now we can't. It was perfect for social casual gamers.

Valid point. That option is not available in the current version.

As I see it there are pros and cons for both companion systems. Two of the pros of the old systems are quoted above. The problem with that old system is that it invalidates all the level 2-20 companions. Why buy an expensive one, when you can buy a level 1 and get it auto-level to your level. With the old system, the aspect of doing the best of what you are offered is totally removed.

I guess what surprises me is all those strong feeling of how it should be, without being able to see that there are pros and cons for each solution. Remember that if you get it the way you like it to be, somebody else will be disappointed. There is almost never a right answer that makes everybody happy.
Posted By: Nasmodok Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 13/08/14 08:10 AM
Well thank you for addressing it that time. I was thinking you didn't even read them either.

And I see your point, and I can see their reasoning.

But it still doesn't work because if you hire someone at the appropriate level, and then it doesn't work out, your other two are now lower level than you.

I understand the idea of hiring people and that when you hire people they may not be the way you want.. but the point of this game is to be able to play and to have the ability to play with FOUR people. And people are not so keen on start at level 16 with the abilities that the mercs get.

And how could you even expect someone to play from start to finish together every time. We all don't get to marry the person we game with. 9 outta 10 times we will not be able to play with that person all the time, and I leave their characters in the Hall when gone.

The selling point of the game is a social one, playing with friends multiplayer. You've got the obvious character creation (hopefully 4player version of it soon). You've got the paper scissors rock thing to allow everyone's input. It's a social game. Therefor it either needs to autolevel so we can play together, or mobs need to respawn. Or it's not worth playing atm. Unfortunately.

I was having a blast with this game, and I will continue to watch for a change or mod.
Posted By: Tsort Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 13/08/14 12:26 PM
How about this:

New room in the End of Time: Training Room. You can fight random creatures in there, in random environments. If a character or henchmen dies, it is automatically revived at the end of the fight.
This would allow to:
- xp with your henchmen, BUT only the henchmen would get xp in there, up to your lowest level character as a limit. That way you cannot farm xp and break game balance. It allows you to try out and use a whole bunch of different henchmen. Also, nothing would drop from mob there.
This would also allow to:
- train (as a player) and try stuff out without save-scumming.
- add replayability within a run.

How about that?
Posted By: prodigydancer Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 13/08/14 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by ivra
Why all this fuss about companions being useless?

Companions aren't useless (though 2xLW is arguably stronger). But henchmen were broken before and are still broken in many ways (e.g. Cain is clearly overpowered with 5MA at level 1). Henchmen needed a lot of thinking and fixing. Instead of almost all of them are plain useless now.

Originally Posted by Tsort
How about this:

New room in the End of Time: Training Room.

+1

We'll "earn" XP for our henchmen, no problem. But at least give us means to do so. Right now it's just another broken piece in the puzzle.
Posted By: Waltc Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 13/08/14 11:20 PM
All those ";)" and overuse of "..." - please stop.

No...;) They are called "emoticons" and "expressive punctuation" ( "ep" is commonly used in novels) and I use them at times to inject a bit of levity into conversations which have lost their sense of humor because people are taking the topics involved far too seriously.

First of all - check how much experience points you ACTUALLY need to get from 1 to 10.

As I said, you need far less going 1 to 2 than going from 10 to 11. It's a fact, no kidding. Check it out.

Do you have some kind of fetish for "difficulty", which is just being "bad design" and not actual obstacles?

The design is fine...Lol...;) You want a lvl 10 Merc? Buy one. You want a lvl 1 Merc you level up to Lvl10 "your way," buy one and level him up through game play. What's the problem?

In other words, when there existed possibility to design your own team by yourself - option desired by many players, expressed over various internet boards and in form of mods, like "4 player creation" or "Fourplay" - and devs for some reason disabled it, calling it "bug" for no reason, you eat it up for no reason as well and right away call it good decision? Perfect.

The opportunity to "design your own team" has always been there, right from the start--you design the first two party members. All members you either pick up in your travels after that, or that you buy as Mercs after that, are optional. You *can* do what you want like this: start a new game, then get to the Hall of Heroes as fast as you can, buy a couple of Lvl1 or Lvl2 Mercs that appeal to you, and then take them with you and level them up.

But again, hitting a high-level with your *created characters*--just say lvl 10--then going to HoH and buying a Lvl 1 Merc who them automatically levels to up to 10, no extra money or XP earned in game play, is a pretty stupid darn way of doing that. If that was Larian's intent, then they'd simply have made the game to *start* by creating four characters instead of two, and there you go. Since Larian has fixed what it calls an XP bug relative to purchased Mercs in the HoH, then I think we pretty much have to accept that's the way Larian intends the game to be played.

This is getting tedious: there are ways (as I pointed out...three times?) to do exactly what you want to do in the HoH--but you want the game to continue broken as it was. But they've fixed the bug and said so. Accept it and move on. You'll have to grind a little more to take a lvl1 HoH Merc and turn him into the lvl 10 character of your choice--but if Larian had intended the game to start with *four* 100% player-created characters then that's the way Larian would have made the game, seems to me. You aren't arguing with me--you are arguing with Larian. Good luck there...;)

I'll tell you though...I'm not emotionally invested in this issue--it's simply a part of the rules of the game AFAIAC. If Larian wants to reintroduce the auto-level of the low-level Mercs we can buy in the HoH, well, I'll play it that way, too. I'm just pointing out that I can see why they did what they did with the HoH Merc XP, and that it makes a lot of sense to me.

Posted By: Nasmodok Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 14/08/14 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by Tsort
How about this:

New room in the End of Time: Training Room. You can fight random creatures in there, in random environments. If a character or henchmen dies, it is automatically revived at the end of the fight.
This would allow to:
- xp with your henchmen, BUT only the henchmen would get xp in there, up to your lowest level character as a limit. That way you cannot farm xp and break game balance. It allows you to try out and use a whole bunch of different henchmen. Also, nothing would drop from mob there.
This would also allow to:
- train (as a player) and try stuff out without save-scumming.
- add replayability within a run.

How about that?

I fully support this idea (from them or a mod). If there's a portal not being used that'd be a great spot for a mod portal.
Posted By: kurausu Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 14/08/14 01:27 AM
I kinda agree with ivra and Waltc on the henchmen issue, they explained what i thought better than I had done =D.

Any news on what they are working on for a new patch?
Posted By: El Zoido Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 14/08/14 10:31 AM
I wondered myself why henchmen were offered at different levels if they anyway automatically level up to your main chars. Not auto-leveling them makes much more sense.
Posted By: Corlexys Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 16/08/14 01:48 PM
Dear developers,

thank you so far for such a great game! Over the last months, we had so much fun (with fluids :P) with your game, restarted with some new constellations and still didnt proceed through the whole game. Atm. we are at 250-300 hrs of gameplay with fun in every minute. There is so much love in your game, you let us feel your heartbleed smile

After getting fixed some bugs, there is still one thing occuring.

We cant reproduce it if we want to, but there is still a bug after reloading a savegame while playing coop. After reloading sometimes my joined teammates duo is just in trousers, no weapons, no armor in his view. The problem is, that all stats are down. In my view, his duo wears their clothes with all equipment. So he has to leave the game and rejoin it.

Sometimes I load a savegame, and everything is ok. But it happens very often (lets say 60%), that he has to rejoin the game after the host was loading a savegame to get his duo in armor and weapons.

It would be very nice, if you get this issue fixed smile

Go on with your (nearly perfect) work, weï½´re looking forward on addons, delivered by larian!

Thank you,

Cor
Posted By: El Zoido Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 16/08/14 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Corlexys
After reloading sometimes my joined teammates duo is just in trousers, no weapons, no armor in his view. The problem is, that all stats are down. In my view, his duo wears their clothes with all equipment. So he has to leave the game and rejoin it.

I had this as well recently. I joined the game of a friend (he started it in singleplayer). He retained controll of Scarlett and handed Roderick over to me.
His Scarlett fought in underwear, my Rodericks stats were all set to 5 and abilities to 0, with only the bonuses from equipment.
Leaving the game and re-joining fixed it.
Posted By: harmar Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 18/08/14 08:59 PM

What really?? I find this game wayy to easy. I have it on hard and wish there was a harder difficulty.
Leech is OP and I only have it on my warrior.

My setup is
Rogue
Warrior
Hybrid Water/Air DPS+Heals
Hybrid Witch/Pyro.. Mainly a buffer/debuffer

With rogue you can literally cc 3 or 4 mobs in 1 turn.
Summons from my 2 mages tank a few mobs (but rarely do I bother summoning. and if I do I rarely do both at same time unless 5+ mobs)

I don't use much of the pyro abilties frmo my one mage
My water mage can basically keep 1 or 2 mobs completely frozen.

There is just wayy too much cc in this game making it too easy. Also, CC lasts too long. I think CC should only last 1-2 turns not 2-3
Then just keep haste on warrior and rogue, as well as 50% dmg buff and go to town.

Anyways, love the game.. only thin that would immensely improve this game is making it so in coop everyone can see dialog without having to read the chat window.

Posted By: prodigydancer Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 18/08/14 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by harmar
What really?? I find this game wayy to easy. I have it on hard and wish there was a harder difficulty.
Leech is OP and I only have it on my warrior.

Very true. To be honest after level 5 things are easy even without Leech. You get so many summon spells and crowd control options. Knockdown, stun, freeze, blind, charm. Blind almost never fails if your mages have decent INT. So I don't even bother with soft CC like slow or mute. And summons. Spend one measly point in Geo on every character and you can start each fight with 4x spiders. A meat shield multiplied by 4 is a meat wall - practically impenetrable because you can always summon another spider. Or skeleton. Or elemental.
Posted By: Corlexys Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 19/08/14 08:46 AM
Hello Larian,

quite another "bug" in your masterpeace.

If you have to "stone-paper-scissors", you change to another partymember. Then, switch back to the one with stone paper scissors. After that, you have to end the dialogue and you automatically won the stone paper scissors.

I hope itï½´s not a feature smile
If possible, please fix that; god-modes are annoying smile I know, I dont have to use it, but if I have to check something in another members inventory, i have to switch the chars...

Regards,

Cor
Posted By: john carmack Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 19/08/14 11:59 AM
hi,

will there be another big patch in August with new companions?

Hope the next patch will include some balancing wink
Posted By: prodigydancer Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 19/08/14 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Corlexys
If you have to "stone-paper-scissors", you change to another partymember. Then, switch back to the one with stone paper scissors. After that, you have to end the dialogue and you automatically won the stone paper scissors.

I wish there was a bug that would let me automatically lose the minigame. wink Because sometimes losing is clearly better.
For instance, when you enter the abandoned church in Cyseal you need to convince stone guardians. If you succeed, you get 2.1k XP and can't fight them. If you fail, you get 6.5k XP for killing them and they drop a nice 1h sword.

Originally Posted by ivra
I started a game to see how little XP I could get before being able to hire companions in the Hall of Heroes. I followed these steps to achieve this:

At this point you only have 5380 XP and are level 2. Hiring a level 1 companion now will not hinder your progress at all. Remember that when the game ends you will probably have reached at least level 20. When you reach level 21 you have 3080000 XP. Why all this fuss about companions being useless? If you are going to stick with two companions the entire game, the current system is not a restriction at all in my opinion. If, however, you would like to create a lot of companions and level them all up, then you cannot get them as high as your two heroes. But why should the game allow that? It is almost like cheating if you have 20 companions to choose from and can pick the two most suited for each and every task in the game.

Wow, all this metagame and you still couldn't get to them at level 1. That's a solid fail, bro. smile

But here's the real problem: henchmen (except Cain) just can't compete with companions now. You get companions for free, they start at level 3 and have some nice abilities. Particularly, Madora has Dust Devil which is otherwise unavailable so even Cain is of limited appeal. Jahan's preset is less exciting but he has Minor Heal and Rain so in my eyes he qualifies as a utility/healer.

Buying skill books early on without points in Bartering costs you arm and leg so it's awfully unfair that henchmen come with just one starting ability.

If there were a "create custom henchman" option that would let me make all the stat/skill choices and select 3 abilities like I do for main characters, then of course henchmen would be very useful. Right now they are totally useless. Full stop. End of story.
Posted By: dlux Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 23/08/14 08:42 AM
Is Larian on vacation again or why isn't the game being patched anymore? xD
Posted By: phantomphysicist Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 23/08/14 11:51 AM
does anyone know of plans to allow for more players than two in the same session? or is this simply mod territory?
Posted By: El Zoido Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 23/08/14 12:07 PM
Since the game's concept is build around 2 player co-op, I'd suppose 4 player mode is purely mod territory, but who knows what the future brings...
Posted By: Jito463 Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 23/08/14 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by dlux

Larian called, they'll continue patching the game, but you're not allowed access to the patches. You'll never get another patch again. oops
Posted By: kurausu Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 23/08/14 03:44 PM
Also, patch 1.0.130 is live, maybe we should build another thread and discuss the new changes there?
Posted By: wibble Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 27/08/14 04:37 AM
Aren't Larian releasing changelogs? They are needed considering all the patches and changes.
Posted By: dlux Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 29/08/14 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by Jito463
Originally Posted by dlux

Larian called, they'll continue patching the game, but you're not allowed access to the patches. You'll never get another patch again. oops

Oh, i'll get my patches all right!

rpg003

I started a new play-through and noticed that despite having the equipment and abilities to exceed 100% on my resistances, they all are capping at 80%. I then re-loaded an older save of a party that was over 100% in Fire and Poison and they, too, are now capped at 80%.

Is this a deliberate move by Larian or a local error? It completely changed the way I play and nullified my melee character who can no longer get close to the enemies my mage has fire-bombed or poisoned.

It's a single-player game and I really enjoyed playing this way. What the heck?

Yes it is deliberate, it is an 80% softcap though, so you can go over 80% when using spells and/or potions.

With kind regards,

Rashar.
Originally Posted by Mick Danger
I started a new play-through and noticed that despite having the equipment and abilities to exceed 100% on my resistances, they all are capping at 80%. I then re-loaded an older save of a party that was over 100% in Fire and Poison and they, too, are now capped at 80%.

Is this a deliberate move by Larian or a local error? It completely changed the way I play and nullified my melee character who can no longer get close to the enemies my mage has fire-bombed or poisoned.

It's a single-player game and I really enjoyed playing this way. What the heck?

As Rashar stated, it was an intentional change. However, if you still want to go over 100% resistances, there is a mod in the mod forum that changes it back.
Rashar and Jito463:

Thanks for the quick replies. I suspected as much; I appreciate the confirmation. I'll look for that mod. Unfortunately I can't mod on my Mac (boooo!) and my PC is too much of a dog to effectively run the Engine.

Disappointed about the nerf but I do love this game.
is there any newer patch than 1.0.132.0?
Originally Posted by electraflux
is there any newer patch than 1.0.132.0?

They just released version 1.0.169 and there is another free DLC upcoming later today.
Hmm where are the patch notes and do we need to restart any campaigns we have going?
The patch notes is on Steam, as usual.
Might be nice if they took the time to post them on their own forum.
I still do not see them there.
Posted By: blinkicide Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 16/09/14 07:46 AM
Looking forward to the difficulty / gameplay changes hinted in the update video released today. I assumed that was coming, so I didn't let myself finish the game (I always find excuses to restart rpg's I like, it lets me enjoy them longer).
Posted By: bigbripa Re: Patch V1.0.107 - 19/09/14 01:15 AM
Love that you added new companions! Thank you so much for this awesome game and the time I've spent with it. One nagging issues for me though:

Can we please see at least one each, companion Orc and Goblin? I feel like they would prove a chance for interesting backstories. I think a big draw to Fantasy RPGs is the idea of Fantasy races and I myself was holding out for a goblin companion ever since I first caught word of a Goblin village!

I actually chose to forgo the mage companion in hopes that some more interesting companions would come along, so I spent whole game with 3 fighters. I actually prefer it, made it more difficult, but would it be out of the question to scale the XP? Or is this already a mechanic?

Contrary to what I've heard here I went through the game with one mage (all Hydro, Lore, Bsmith), one rogue (crossbow, glass cannon, no magic, crafting), and Madora (pure damage, speed, vit, and man @ arms) and all the fights required planning (I fought Mangoth or w/e at level 13 because I missed a LOT of plot points) but none of them were impossible. I feel like the game gives you a lot of options. There are a lot of ways to make money and money gives you scrolls and scrolls/planning can win almost any fight if you can find the right way to pick the lock.

Anyway, I'd gladly start another game if there was a Goblin Rogue or Orc Berserker with compelling backstories to look forward to. Food for thought!
© Larian Studios forums