Larian Studios
Hi all,

I backed DOS on KS at a collector's tier. I haven't yet got around to playing it, been waiting for patches and rewards to be finalised/stabilised.

Thinking of jumping in again now, but before spending a couple of hours downloading it to find out, I was wondering if anyone could speak to whether Larian ever made a decision to include or forgo the engraving tools that were originally promised as a reward?

Cheers!
The last I heard, it seems like Larian is not going to bother with those. No explanation given.

Frankly, I think that's pretty lousy.
Posted By: Lar_q Re: What is the status of the engraving tool? - 13/03/15 05:34 PM
It was very low at the priority list and the reason for that had everything to do with the surprising complexity of the task which has everything to do with the multiplayer side of things. The risk of it breaking things too much was judged too high and we didn't think it was worth it. It was never removed from the task list however, and it's been moving up recently, so we might still end up surprising even ourselves by it being included in a next version of the game.
Posted By: Aenra Re: What is the status of the engraving tool? - 13/03/15 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by dancingcrab
I haven't yet got around to playing it, been waiting for patches

I'd wait some more in your shoes. The patch to hit next (Raze will hopefully correct me if i'm mistaken) brings some very necessary changes to balance and gameplay, including a harder mode.
Depending on what kind of build you may end up with, game as is now may disappoint you in terms of challenge/difficulty/pacing. For example, assuming you fancy running it with casters, you will find it ridiculously easy, even when lacking any companions
Originally Posted by Lar_q
It was very low at the priority list and the reason for that had everything to do with the surprising complexity of the task which has everything to do with the multiplayer side of things. The risk of it breaking things too much was judged too high and we didn't think it was worth it. It was never removed from the task list however, and it's been moving up recently, so we might still end up surprising even ourselves by it being included in a next version of the game.

See? That's a better thing to hear than "Yeah, we're not doing it" or silence. Thank you.

(When's your next blog entry coming?)
Posted By: Joram Re: What is the status of the engraving tool? - 16/03/15 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by Stabbey

See? That's a better thing to hear than "Yeah, we're not doing it" or silence. Thank you.

(When's your next blog entry coming?)

I fully agree with this !!!

Thank you! I'm hopeful it'll be included at some point.
© Larian Studios forums