Larian Studios
Posted By: Stabbey Know your Dragon's Skills - 23/06/13 11:32 PM
Welcome, fellow Beta Players! In the top-level of your Steam Apps\common\Dragon Commander Dragon Commander directory is a manual that tells you what all the upgrades do, and what your Dragon Skills are.

There isn't any way to see these in-game as far as I know at the moment, and understanding how best to use your Dragon is important.

There are three different types of Dragons, each with it's own skill loadout:

Sabre Dragon
  • 1) Acid Blaze - The Dragon's glands add acid to its fireballs, which do extra damage on impact and damage over time.
  • 2) Call of Valour - The Dragon roars defiantly around him, causing all friendly units to gain an increase in damage output and armour for a limited amount of time.
  • 3) Mass Restoration - The Dragon replenishes the health of target allied units and all friendly units in its vicinity.
  • 4) Bastion - The Dragon casts a defensive shield around itself, increasing the amount of punishment it can take for a limited amount of time.
  • 5) Unveil - Allows the Dragon to see through enemies’ disguises, revealing cloaked units in an area around it.
  • 6) Berserker Roar - The Dragon roars ferociously in an area around him, causing all friendly units to gain a huge increase to attack speed, but taking increased damage in return.
  • 7) Salvation - The Dragon heals a portion of its health over a small period of time.
  • 8) Aegis - The Dragon casts a protective spell around an allied unit, significantly increasing its defence for a set amount of time.

Mountain Dragon
  • 1) Breaching Fire - The Dragon overheats its breath, dealing increased damage to medium and heavy units, such as Devastators or Armours.
  • 2) Advance! - The Dragon invigorates those around him, significantly increasing all friendly units’ movement speed.
  • 3) Dragon Heart/Eye of the Patriarch - Unleashes a single, massive fireball dealing extreme punishment in an area of effect.
  • 4) Pillar of Flame - The Dragon casts a column of consuming fire that deals damage to units within its vicinity for its duration.
  • 5) Dread Roar - The Dragon strikes fear into the hearts of many, paralyzing them in place and stopping them from acting for a limited amount of time.
  • 6) Friends with Benefits - The Dragon casts a protective shield on a friendly unit, which reduces damage taken and, in turn, the Dragon receives healing whenever the unit deals damage.
  • 7) Sabotage - The Dragon fires a burst of energy that disables the primary function of an enemy building or unit. This will stop the building from being able to construct or research for a limited amount of time. It will also stop enemy units from being able to attack or use skills.
  • 8) Ray of Power - A ray is created between the Dragon and an allied unit, giving the unit a huge damage increase as long as the link between both remains.

Zephyr Dragon
  • 1) Purifying Flames - The Dragon invokes a healing breath, infusing its fireballs with a restorative power capable of mending the wounds of friendly units.
  • 2) Crippling Roar - The Dragon roars powerfully in an area around him, rendering all enemies incapable of attacking or using skills for a limited amount of time.
  • 3) Charm - The Dragon casts a domination spell upon an enemy unit, gaining total control over it for a limited amount of time.
  • 4) Pillar of Restoration - The Dragon casts a pillar of restoring energy that reaches skyward and heals all the units in its vicinity for its duration.
  • 5) Cleansing Charge - Cleanses friendly units within the Dragon’s area of effect from negative effects such as Fear, Sabotage, etc.
  • 6) Unveil - Allows the Dragon to see through enemies’ disguises, revealing cloaked units in an area around it.
  • 7) Chameleon Hide - The dragon almost completely disappears from sight for a limited amount of time.
  • 8) Inspire - The Dragon inspires a friendly unit to increase its attack speed and movement speed significantly.
Posted By: ForkTong Re: Know your Dragon's Skills - 24/06/13 08:56 AM
Before anyone makes a Steam guide out of this: as this is beta, all this stuff may change. One of the reasons for beta is not only find bugs and gather opinions, but also collect data for balancing smile
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Know your Dragon's Skills - 24/06/13 12:52 PM
Yes, I know it's not final. I had to take screenshots of each of the Dragon's skills and then match the icons to the manual to figure them all out myself, so I thought I'd put this information here so the other testers didn't have to.
© Larian Studios forums