Larian Studios
Posted By: p0lar_light Which Quests are solvable? - 21/12/13 06:28 PM
Hey,

Due to the fact that there are a few barriers in the alpha, I would like to know which quests are possible to finish.

So far the Quest screen shows as finished:

- Guards at the Bridge
- Orc Fight on the Beach
- Fire! Fire! Fire!
- The Shipless Sailors
- The Apprentice and the Stone
- The Fish Thief
- The Teleporter Pyramids
- The Scaredy Pact
- The Grieving Orc
- Another Grazed Mage
--------------------------
For the other quests (see picture below) I have done parts, but apparently they can't be finished.

dropbox

Thanks!

p0lar light
Posted By: Inanna Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 21/12/13 06:42 PM
Elf-Orc bloodfeud can be done.

Looks like you're missing the talking shell I think.

Arhu's failed expriment can be done.

those are the ones in your screen shot and one from the beach before the guards on the bridge I think.
Posted By: El Zoido Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 21/12/13 06:51 PM
I couldn't finish Arhu's failed experiment so far, either.
Tried talking to Arhu and he thanked me, but quest remained open. Haven't bothered much after that, though.
Posted By: p0lar_light Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 21/12/13 10:51 PM
I have the same problem. I stopped the robot with the remote control and talked to Arhu but the quest remains in the list.
Posted By: macburn Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 21/12/13 11:06 PM
Has someone found the church that the legion commander is talking about, or is it in an area we cannot get access to?
Posted By: Janju Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 21/12/13 11:10 PM
This is a good thread keep it up!

I am also interested in that chapel.

Btw. does anyone know where i have to go to find the entrance to evelyns chapel?
Posted By: macburn Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 21/12/13 11:53 PM
More finished quests:

- the talking statues
- fabulous five
- bertia lost her sheep
- warming the crowd
- the strongman
- headless nick
- lost archeologist
Posted By: Windemere Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 23/12/13 01:57 PM
I have a question about Another Crazed Mage, the quest related to the puzzle rooms with the levers...

So after pulling the levers in the order I suspected as being required, it spawned an encounter in one room and opened a hatch down to another level. When I went down the hatch, the room itself was very weird, almost like a placeholder room, and there was an arch with something like a force field preventing me from going any further. Did anyone else get that? I'm wondering because I have had glitches trying to leave other areas like the black cove, that dump me into bizarre unfinished areas outside of the alpha zone.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 23/12/13 02:29 PM
That area clearly needs polish, but it is solveable. That is not a bug.
Posted By: Aramintai Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 23/12/13 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Stabbey
That area clearly needs polish, but it is solveable. That is not a bug.

Yea, it's definetly solveable :):
[Linked Image]

But besides polishing I think it also needs some nasty critter guarding all Dat Loot. A baby dragon maybe?

Btw, has anyone found Evelyn's lab? Is it even in the alpha?
Posted By: Grokalibre Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 23/12/13 11:21 PM
Evelyn's lab is on the beach on the West/top left screen direction, close to the rogues who have the mayor's staff. Your characters say something about the lab once you get in the area so that you know you have to use the reveal scroll. I think I got there by exiting town by the north entrance then moving west, I'm not at home for a week so I'm afraid I can't give more precise directions.
About the puzzle rooms loot, for me there was some sort of water door preventing me from accessing it.
Posted By: Aramintai Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 23/12/13 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by Grokalibre

About the puzzle rooms loot, for me there was some sort of water door preventing me from accessing it.

You have to pick up amulets dropped by defeated enemies and put them on pedestals near those doors.

And nope, I'm not seeing any way to enter that north-western beach.
Posted By: Grokalibre Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 24/12/13 12:05 AM
Hmmm now that I think more about it, it my be just straight north from the town, I think once you get past the woods there's more beach and that may be where I found the lab. Again, sorry for not being able to help more.
Posted By: Aramintai Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 24/12/13 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by Grokalibre
Hmmm now that I think more about it, it my be just straight north from the town, I think once you get past the woods there's more beach and that may be where I found the lab. Again, sorry for not being able to help more.

There's noting to the north except a burning chest, a cave to one of the Arhu's failed experiments and closed off areas to the woods and Silverglen.
Edit: Hmm, ok got it. It's IN the cave to one of the Arhu's failed experiments.The camera in this game is not of big help being fixed as such. Not to mention the weird look of some trees at a different angle:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: Stabbey Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 24/12/13 01:04 AM
I've heard that there's nothing special about that tree. This game uses pink as a placeholder indicator, so that might just be a tree that they haven't un-plaeholdered yet.
Posted By: Aramintai Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 24/12/13 01:26 AM
I've heard that there's nothing special about that tree. This game uses pink as a placeholder indicator, so that might just be a tree that they haven't un-plaeholdered yet.

I didn't mean the color, but the pseudo 3D, which only looks good at a certain angle. The second pic shows the textures are actually flat. There are some green tress that show their flat textures as well.
Posted By: El Zoido Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 24/12/13 11:39 AM
Yeah, I think that is due to how they build their models and why they use a semi-fixed camera.
A lot of props might look like that when seen from the wrong angle.
Posted By: macburn Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 24/12/13 11:41 PM
I already posted this in another thread, but the pseudo-3d is also used in other isometric RPGs. There is a nice video from the Game Developer Conference where a developer from Blizzard explain how and why they used it in Diablo 3. It has been a while, but I think it's mainly used to improve performance.
Posted By: Aramintai Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 25/12/13 01:26 AM
I'm not against pseudo 3D in a game with a fixed camera. But in D:OS devs for whatever reason decided to allow some tilting for it and therefore we can all see that pseudo 3D magic gone when looking at some things from a different point of view. I've seen only one cheap workaround for this in other games - make the asset turn to face the POV. It would look like the tree is turning.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 28/12/13 08:46 PM
I'm not sure the proper steps to solving the Jake's murder quest are. I get as far as the list of suspects, and then the journal stops being helpful. I do know one way to proceed, but it feels like I'm skipping some steps when I do it that way.

Without using Pet Pal - which should not be required to solve this - are there supposed to be some steps in-between
talking to the four major suspects in the body-stealing and using spells to bust down Evelyn's door?

Posted By: Aramintai Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 28/12/13 08:58 PM
Well, there is a way -
collect some incriminating evidence and accuse Jake's wife. She goes to jail and you get to interrogate her. She then tells the name of the real suspect. Go to the the healing house - Evelyn leaves her backpack there and a key to her house. Read her journal and take reveal scrool and then go to the north-west beach (through the north cave). And I'll leave the rest to you.

I also managed to get cemetery keeper in jail because I found some evidence in his house as well smile. But really, if you have a Pet Pal then the dog will find you the culprit easily - just bring suspects' smelly stuff.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 28/12/13 09:00 PM
Without using Pet Pal - which should not be required to solve this - are there supposed to be some steps in-between
talking to the four major suspects in the body-stealing and using spells to bust down Evelyn's door?

Have you gone back to talk to Thelyron?
Posted By: mirek83 Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 01/01/14 09:51 PM
Alternatively, confronting Esmeralda with three pieces of evidence gets her to reveal Evelyn as a suspect without the former going to jail.
Posted By: Arkham Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 06/01/14 09:38 AM
I feel foolish for asking, but how is the ship fire quest intended to be solved?
I tried grabbing a bucket to help (figuring maybe I could get water from the harbor somehow) but then the townspeople attacked me for stealing.
Second time around I tried casting the one ice spell from a wizard character, but it wound up hitting a townsperson and... everyone attacked me. (Also, it didn't seem to help put out the ship fire anyway.)
I tried doing nothing and naturally the ship burned down, and the one guy was mad at me for not helping.

I feel like I must be missing something obvious here. (The only other thing I can think of is the rain spell that I've heard of, but I don't have it by default, and if you can find it before entering the town, I don't seem to have found it.) If anyone can clue me in I'd appreciate it.
Posted By: Raptor 2101 Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 06/01/14 09:45 AM
you found a "rain"-Speel at the corpse (the guy who jump of the rocks, because he believes he can fly...)

us it it at the burning ship

(or watch any video from larian ... don't know how often they show this scene...)
Posted By: Arkham Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 07/01/14 12:33 AM
Hmm... I've never seen that guy. I probably need to explore more. Thanks for the tip.
Posted By: Dmitriy Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 12/01/14 01:08 PM
Greetings everyone! smile
Here is my list of completed quests:

Mysterious Murder
The Talking Statues
Guards at the bridge
Orc fight on the beach
Fire! Fire! Fire!
Shipless Sailors
Elf-Orc Blood Feud
The Teleporter Pyramids
Tom the Wannabe Adventurer
Cecil's Mighty Staff
The Scaredy Pact
The Lost Archeologist
The Apprentice and the Stone
The Fish Fhief
The Fabulous Five
The Grieving Grc
Kitty Love
Another Crazed Mage
Headless Nick
Talking seashell

Also solveable:
Strongman (tnx X-tasy smile )

The quests that I could not complete yet due to various reasons:
The Philosopher (didn't find the book)
Repairing the Tapestry (I doubt it can be completed now)
Legionnaires at the Church (where's the church?...)
Upgrading the Homestead (I doubt it can be completed now)
Lost Love at the Lighthouse (I've had a bug - could not leave the Black Cove during this quest as the game crashes)
Arhu's Failed Experiment (I think I've done everything, but it is still not listed as completed)
Crabs Versus Skeletons (Maybe I have missed something... don't know what to do to complete it)

P.S. I could miss some quests in-game so this list is likely incomplete...
Posted By: X-tasy Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 12/01/14 08:01 PM
I cant complete the grieving orc quest. Only if I i wont dig his brother up, i cant find the orc with the armor, only some orcs with gold or a healing pot.
Did you talked to Yoranus and everyone for the Failed Experiment? He is guarding the prison treasure now, maybe turn the camera to see him better.
And you missed the Strongman quest, its also solvable.

What are the Another Grazed Mage and The Philosopher quest? Not sure right now if did them.
Posted By: Raze Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 13/01/14 02:12 AM

I didn't get any loot from any of the buried orcs.

'Another Crazed Mage' is in the Black Cove; 'The Philosopher' in the graveyard.
The mage can be encountered in the room with the source creature. [spoiler]Explore the room up the ramp; the first character will step on a booby trapped pressure plate, the other can disable the trap.
The ghost of Nemris can be found near Jake's grave
getting a copy of his book to read may need to wait for the library function to be implemented.
[/spoiler]
Posted By: Dmitriy Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 13/01/14 05:54 PM
About the Grieving Orc:
You need to aks the orc specifically about the location of his brother's grave and persuade him to show it. It turned out there was no totem above it...
Or, if You decide not to dig, the quest will simply be concluded.

For the Failed Experiment I'll try to find Yoranus, then.
Also, could You please tell where to look for the Strongman quest? smile
Posted By: X-tasy Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 13/01/14 07:09 PM
Well you can look into the hatch of the little house before you meet the two terrified soldiers who dont wont to go to the lighthouse.

And thanks Raze, i already encounterd the Crazy Ghost but not the Philosopher.
Posted By: Meph Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 24/01/14 01:58 PM
Hi everyone,

Originally Posted by Dmitriy

Crabs Versus Skeletons (Maybe I have missed something... don't know what to do to complete it)

For this quest you just have

to find the right lever (the blood stained one), the one that will make the big stone head vanish. Once the path is clear you're in for quite a fight against ghost and then skeleton pirates. The elusive black ominous key is there for grab too.

You have to be in the hidden hatch to find a place with a lot of lever

Good hunt.
Posted By: Darlken Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 24/01/14 10:55 PM
Trying to find out if I've missed any quests, in the interest of testing the quests out for bugs.

Here is my list so far.

A mysterious Murder - Solved
The talking Statues (Not sure what to do here)
Guards at the Bridge - Solved
Orc Fight on the Beach - Solved
Fire! Fire! Fire! - Solved
The Shipless Sailors - Solved
The Apprentice and the Stone - Solved
Little Bo Bertia Lost Her Sheep (Not sure what to do here)
Warming the Crowd - Solved
Repairing the Tapestry (not sure you can finish it)
The Teleporter Pyramids - Solved
The Fabulous Five - Solved
The Scaredy Pact - Solved
The Lost Archaeologist - Solved
Legionnaires at the Church (Not sure you can finish it)
The Councillor's Wife (Already Solved the Murder with Pet Talking)
Cecil's Mighty Staff - Solved
Tom the Wannabe Adventurer - Solved
Elf-Orc Blood Feud - Solved
The Grieving Orc (Killed him, Think I found the Orc Body Without the totem But No Armor, cant complete)
Upgrading the Homestead (Not sure you can finish it)
Crabs vs Skeletons - Solved
Another Crazed Mage - Solved
Headless Nick (Not sure how to finish it)
Arhu's Failed Experiment (Haven't Talked to the guard yet)
Kitty Love - Solved
Lost Love at the Lighthouse (Bug game crashes when I tell her)
The Philosapher - Solved (Didn't find the book but was able to answer his questions correctly)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Know about the strongman quest but not strong enough to open his grave

Can anyone please let me know if I have missed any of the quests or if you know the solution to any I haven't complete yet. Would like to be able to test the other quest out for any issues.
Thank you

Posted By: lokitrixter Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 24/01/14 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by Darlken
Trying to find out if I've missed any quests, in the interest of testing the quests out for bugs.

Here is my list so far.

The talking Statues (Not sure what to do here)

use elemental powers Fire, Earth, Water, Air. will summon demons. Defeat them

Repairing the Tapestry (not sure you can finish it) can't be finished yet
Legionnaires at the Church (Not sure you can finish it) can't be finished yet
Upgrading the Homestead (Not sure you can finish it) can't be finished yet
Headless Nick (Not sure how to finish it)

go to town and find the attractions and there you will find the head.

Lost Love at the Lighthouse (Bug game crashes when I tell her) can't be finished yet. It's bugged
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Know about the strongman quest but not strong enough to open his grave

Can anyone please let me know if I have missed any of the quests or if you know the solution to any I haven't complete yet. Would like to be able to test the other quest out for any issues.
Thank you

Missing Warming the Crowd
Posted By: Darlken Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 24/01/14 11:14 PM
Thank you for the information.
Can't believe I didn't try the solution to the talking statues.

I know what you mean about the talking head, I forgot all about that, Thank you again.

Posted By: Darlken Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 24/01/14 11:16 PM
I just saw some quest about the talking seashell, anyone know where that one is?
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 24/01/14 11:31 PM
I just saw some quest about the talking seashell, anyone know where that one is?

Back at the beginning of the game. Hang a left after the crab fight then head back down the beach after finding the waypoint.
Posted By: Darlken Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 25/01/14 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by lokitrixter

Back at the beginning of the game. Hang a left after the crab fight then head back down the beach after finding the waypoint.

Awesome thank you again smile
Posted By: DosBoot Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 25/01/14 04:24 AM
Where are Kitty Love and the Philosopher quests located?
Posted By: Raze Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 25/01/14 04:41 AM

The mayor's office and the graveyard, the latter
near Jake's grave.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 25/01/14 05:18 AM
Ok so it's technically possible to finish Legionnaires at the Church quest.
You need to send your companions over the alpha line and explore some and you will find the church. Then just have your mains talk to Aureus to finish

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Darlken Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 26/01/14 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by DosBoot
Where are Kitty Love and the Philosopher quests located?

To get the Kitty Love quest you have to have pet talking. Then Speak to the cat in the Inn.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 29/01/14 11:11 PM
**BUMP**

People spamming stuff, this thread is useful.
Posted By: Bittereinder Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 02/02/14 03:42 PM
I appear to be stuck in the Black Cove, can anyone tell me how to get past the Black Ominous Gate? I tried Unlock and Magical Unlock but it didn't work.

I also still have Kitty Love, Tom The Wannabe Adventurer and Lost Love at the Lighthouse in my quest log, are they solvable?

Finally, I can't figure out Little Bo Bertia Lost Her Sheep. I tried talking to her with the dead sheep in my inventory, but I can't tell her I found it, and no one else seems to have dialogue options related to this quest.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 02/02/14 04:02 PM
To get past the door
go to the room behind where you fought the Source Abomination. There's a picture on the wall. Behind it is a switch.
All of those quests can be completed. There was a bug that crashed the game for the Lighthouse quest, but reports are in that it works now.
Posted By: Bittereinder Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 02/02/14 04:21 PM
I couldn't move the picture, I had to use Whirlwind to bring it down.

Is there a way to get off the island you're teleported to after pulling the Ominous Lever?
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 02/02/14 04:25 PM
I had separated the party and was able to use the pyramid to get down. Maybe use the Homestead button if you have no other option.
Posted By: Bittereinder Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 02/02/14 05:23 PM
I have the following quests still in my quest log:

[Linked Image]

Of these, only Bo Bertia and The Wannabe Adventurer are solvable, right? I can't figure them out.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 02/02/14 05:37 PM
Headless Nick is solvable.
Another Crazed Mage is solvable as far as I recall. EDIT: The hidden switch can't be interacted with. Stepping off the pressure plate does nothing. It would appear this quest is broken at the moment.
Bo Bertia I'm unsure of. I've heard it is, but haven't completed it personally.
Tom is solvable:
In the cave with Arhu's Failed Experiment there is a corpse. Look at it.

The other's aren't solvable. The Church and Braccus WERE solvable through an exploit in the previous build but not this build.
Posted By: Berethor Re: Which Quests are solvable? - 24/02/14 08:47 AM
The talking Statues are located at the North, in the area, where you can get through the cave
Attacking each of them with the spells of statue's element will summon the deamon of this element. defeating all of them will open a magic prison, where you will met an old friend
© Larian Studios forums