Larian Studios
Posted By: henryv 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 17/01/14 05:30 PM
Well, since there are no threads for the new update, I'll create one.

Crash:
-trading with Arhu: I sold branch to arhu. shift click again to get the branch back from the trading screen back to my inventory and a sudden crash.
-double clicking roderick's icon on upper left made me crash.

Bug:
-Experience sharing: characters who fainted or died during battle can still get experience. WAD?

-noticed the other abilities does not give the benefits for the initiative.

[Linked Image]

-(can be duplicated) black screen. I just alt tabbed to post this post and this happened: my bad lol

-uhh, alt tabbed while updating this post made me fight the orcs instantly in front of first town lol. I was at the bridge with the legionnaires when I was typing this (idle for a moment)

Balance:
-Traits independent and obedient gives the same stat (Willpower). WAD?
-Speed stat is irrelevant. Basically, speed is just relevant at the START of the battle not throughout. So, when you expect a boss fight or a long drawn out battle due to an enemy having gazzillion HP, speed will do nothing. Constitution all the way if you want survival and speed (or additional AP per turn).

Interface fixes:
-escape button to exit all windows before main menu window. It's out of habit
-Tooltips for option menus. TB (youtuber) is very critical on that lol.
-Abilities Fleetfooted tooltip description needs to be elaborated. "Fleetfooted increases your number of action points" is quite vague. Is it refering to the total AP like Rosy-cheeked, AP points during initiative, or AP points per turn? The latter is irrelevant since I've tested it out with another character that has no fleetfooted abilities. It could only give initiative? (see image above)
-pressing quick save (f5): have a window open or a readable text in the background saying "autosavin..." or "saved"

Other issues:
-dying/fainting. Is it me or is the chracter who dies/faints only have one animation or stance. Lying face down with his/her buttocks out? I found it hilarious though haha (http://i40.tinypic.com/2j5c1o2.jpg ; http://i41.tinypic.com/xd6scp.jpg ; http://i41.tinypic.com/2zfmplz.jpg)
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 17/01/14 05:53 PM
- Arhu’s Sparkmaster controller is listed in his sell list when you meet him at the gate, but it’s flagged as “stealing”… while in his sell list. Clicking on it doesn’t do anything either. I do think it’s fine that he can’t sell it at this point, though.

- The ships on the southwest docks (x: 199, y: 2)are all black as if that area no longer has lighting. Given the y coordinate, I suspect the reason is that those ships are outside the boundary of the map.

- (x: 199, y: 10) – I can walk through the netting decoration.

- When Jock the chicken dies, he says "I thought I could trust you"... even if no one has Pet Pal.
Posted By: BlackPhi Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 17/01/14 06:20 PM
Minor bug: there's an archway in the wall on the beach, at 427,92, which you cannot walk through. Particularly noticeable as that is the obvious route to the next bit of beach.
Posted By: Reki Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 17/01/14 06:44 PM
That black screen, I bet that's just because of the whole thing where you move the mouse to the edge of the screen to move the camera, it's not hard for it to go out of control, and when you come back from alt tabbing it has moved the camera to black unexplored space.
Posted By: henryv Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 17/01/14 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Reki
That black screen, I bet that's just because of the whole thing where you move the mouse to the edge of the screen to move the camera, it's not hard for it to go out of control, and when you come back from alt tabbing it has moved the camera to black unexplored space.

Edited my post for this. Thanks for pointing it out.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 17/01/14 08:13 PM
  • The map in the Homestead - Hall of Heroes only shows the background, not the floor.
  • You can fall through the upper-left stairway in the Homestead’s central room. (x121, y 79)
  • Something seems off with the damage calculations. How can my level 3 warrior with 7 strength possibly be doing 2 and 4 damage when using a 12-24 Crushing damage cudgel on a level 3 zombie who is knocked flat on the ground and unable to move? I know a sword isn’t the best weapon to use against the undead, but is a 29-54 damage two-handed sword really not supposed to break double digit damage on undead enemies?
  • You can only pick up arrows from certain sides of the arrow sellers table, even though they should be in easy reach from one side or another.
  • Madora died in combat by a phoenix dive next to an exploding scarecrow (and she didn’t even damage the targeted skeleton much). After the long painful combat was over, her health was restored to full, but she still was considered dead, and didn’t auto-resurrect like Roderick does. I can select her portrait, which centers the camera over her grave, but she doesn’t move. I was able to bring her back with the Resurrect scroll Roderick started with, though.

Posted By: Larian_QA Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 17/01/14 08:14 PM
Thanks for the topic and keeping the issues in one place ! We're keeping an eye on things, but are still very busy wink

Hope you guys are having fun though.
Posted By: Dmitriy Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 17/01/14 08:52 PM
I am having rather frequent crashes which happen when I try to save the game (about a half of my attempts to save game resulted in crashes). Did not have such an issue in 1.0.47.
EDIT: It only happens when I launch the game under 32bit Windows, (using the workaround by scanti to avoid crash on start):
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthr...mp;Words=hack&Search=true#Post477192
No such issue under Win7-64.

Also, there's something wrong with the map:
[Linked Image]
It was normal before I reloaded the game...
Posted By: Elwyn Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 17/01/14 08:54 PM
- some items like crossbows, shells etc. disappear out of the inventory when loading a saved game (you see empty slots where there should be some items)

- if the crab matriarch summons new crabs, they do not necessarily join the combat if your characters are too far away in combat mode (mage + ranger)

- your characters can still walk "into" the one gate right on the start beach
Posted By: DukeNukem Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 17/01/14 09:24 PM
If both your characters die they may be selectable but you can't do anything. This happened to me at the very beginning, and I didn't get any game over screen.

Screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=217633841
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 17/01/14 09:39 PM
I split up my party and sent Roderick alone to go resurrect Madora, then linked her to him and had them teleport back to Scarlett. But after I linked them up again, there were issues with Roderick not following Scarlett, all three of them had trouble following each other out of the King Crab tavern.

When I went to recruit the other guy in the library, things got really bizzare. Even though they were all linked together, and even though I was in single-player, during the recruitment conversation I got the "waiting for player" message for Roderick. Then the Jalal guy told me off because Rod didn't respond in time. I tried clicking Rod and eventually, he did weigh in on the conversation and Jalan joined. I tried to rearrange my party's chains, but it didn't work right. I decided to try and go to the homestead and try and fix things there, but the game got stuck on the loading screen for 5-10 minutes until I decided to force-quit the game.

If this was a case of someone joining my game, I sure didn't see any feedback telling me someone was joining.

EDIT: Yes, it was someone joining my game at the same time. that is what the problem was.

BUG: There is no feedback to let you know that someone has joined the game!
Posted By: Bittereinder Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 17/01/14 11:39 PM
- New games take quite some time to load for me. Fortunately, saved games don't seem to take as long.

- One of the Talents is called 'Comback Kid', which I think should be 'Comeback Kid' unless it's a reference to something.

- This is not really a bug, but it's a bit annoying that NPC allies can 'steal' your xp if they happen to get in the killing blow on an enemy.

- Typo: if you ask Marv about the attacks on the harbour, he will state a reply that starts with 'That burnng ship?'

- The Resurrect Scroll is called 'Resurect Scroll'

- The level-up arrow stays on your character portrait until you spend all your points. I imagine that would be somewhat irritating if you wanted to save up some of your points. The most logical solution would probably be to have it go away once you've approved the allocation, even if there are some points left.

- I don't know if it's possible to delete markers, I personally couldn't figure it out after accidentally putting a marker in the wrong place.

- Suggestion: Ninnius' attitude towards you should decrease if you decide to have his Orc girlfriend killed.

- At one point, Reginald talks about 'hubub' instead of hubbub.

- When talking to Zyzax at the homestead for the first time, one of your characters' text reads enigma's instead of enigmas (a common mistake for native Dutch speakers)

- Scrolling problem still isn't fixed, the skill bar, the minimap and the party roster (during combat) still prevent your cursor from scrolling in their general area.

- Completed quests still don't get filtered automatically, you have to deselect and select the checkbox every time.

Generally speaking, the game has improved a lot with this build. The shadows look good, the fog of war is working correctly, the pathfinding is (still) great, the combat is harder and the sound effects are a lot better. The interface is smoother as well, except for the two issues that I mentioned at the end of my list; the scrolling obstacles and the quest filter not working properly. I hope that these problems will be prioritized

I'll give more feedback tomorrow after I've gotten a little farther in the game.
Posted By: Rainer Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 01:03 AM
all in coop-Mode:

- there was no reward for rescuing the lonly legionaire back to town

- no resurrecting partner possible after battle at bridge

- chargeneration with already joined coop is irritating because the joined partner can move his char around

- the companions are linked to the game-server-player only so he has to move all units save one in combat or not linked but the coop cannot link with companions

- crush-damage of branch is very high 8-20, branch with nails -38 in comparison with bow with 2-6 damage for ranger very weak (too weak)

- levelup-points skill only 3 points no longer resemble intelligence like said in description of intelligence
increasing cost is good but you should get more points for level up

- stealing is harder

- the balancing is more challenging (more fun to play)

- durability-loss is working

well done for second public alpha
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 01:56 AM
- While wandering through Cyseal, I was bothered by the -1 next to my Warrior, indicating that he still had his "Higher damage/Lower accuracy" stance engaged, so I hit the skill to toggle it off. From that he unsheathed his weapon for fighting. I sheathed it immediately, but after that basically everytime Roderick started to talk to someone, they told him to sheathe his weapon (which was sheathed and stayed sheathed, and yet people kept telling him to sheathe it).

- Firefly no longer leaves a fire surface trail, it only hits enemies. Also, 7 AP is a really high cost for a skill that does basically no damage and just basically puts down a surface. Those are the kind of skills that should have a LOW AP cost, not a high one.

- When combining two branches together with 0 crafting skill (1 at most), I was able to make huge, high damage staves that required level 14. And yes, at least one had a +Int mod on it.

- The Regenerate skill says it heals for two turns. When you cast it on an ally, it heals once immediately, and then once halfway through. However, when you cast Regenerate on YOURSELF, it heals three times: once immediately, once halfway through, and once again as the cooldown ends. Correction: It seems that Scarlett casts the spell on Roderick it lasts for three heals. I'll have to look at this again to see what it's doing.

Also, this spell is really far too weak. It heals 14 damage total over two turns (21 for the caster), which is not a lot of health compared to how fast your total HP grows as you level, AND poor to handle the damage the large numbers of enemies put out. Healing after combat is useful, but the low amount it heals means it takes a long time - a lot of waiting around. It does seem to scale as your level increases, but only by like 2-3 HP per level, nowhere close to matching the rate your HP and the enemy damage goes up.
Posted By: StSloth Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 02:34 AM
Docks - the ships in the bottom left section are covered in fog of war or the textures are not loading:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 04:10 AM
Enemies who are killed by your damage-over-time effects like burning do not give you experience, which is wrong.

There's no way that my level 5 warrior's 29-54 damage 2H Sword should be doing only 4 damage to a level 3 skeleton.
Posted By: Absynnian Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 04:51 AM
There is a bug where gold doesn't stack into a single item slot.
It just clumps together in random amounts.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 05:34 AM
You know how you fixed the shroud recovering the map after your first visit to the Homestead? Well guess what? The shroud resets after your second visit to the Homestead.

Sometimes your followers stop following you when you enter/leave buildings, and you need to manually move them in or out to get them to know to follow you.

I'm just going to remind you that Winterbreath is insanely broken if you cast it when it's raining. It extends farther than you would expect and does a crazy amount of damage.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 06:26 AM
Bug (Steam Release)

Priority - Gamebreaking (mid-high)

I used the Councillor's key on his door (when he went upstairs), however the animation to open the door froze/reset (I suspect the chest next to it, which I'd moved slightly, interfered) leaving the following issues:

1) Door cannot be opened (has icon of opened door + illegal tint)
2) Characters cannot open / use any item (character simply does the shrug animation) - this includes chests, NPCs and stairwells
3) Major Slow down / FPS loss

These appear permanent, even after exit / reloading.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 08:12 AM
Bug (Steam Release)

Priority - Gamebreaking (mid-high)

In the cook's house (with the chicken), the transition to the cellar is flagged as 'stealing'; if the NPC's back is turned, you can access it & initiate level change. On loading, the NPC's dialogue automatically pops up, but doesn't load the dialogue (because, since you've zoned, the NPC is no longer present?). This leads to an empty dialogue screen with no way of cancelling it, nor of zoning back up.

Reloading is the only way of getting out of this.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 08:28 AM
Content Omission (Steam Release)

Priority - Low

Completing the "Buried Orc's brother" quest when you get the +1 pragmatic bonus leads to there being no armour (corpse is empty).
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 08:39 AM
Content Confusion / Mislabeled (Steam Release)

Healing spell skill book (level 1) is the same as the starting spell "Regenerate". Character states: "I've already mastered this material". Obvious confusion.

Posted By: Sydius Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 09:29 AM
Script bug

Quest: Fire! Fire! Fire!

It is possible to save the burning ship with the rain scroll right after you defeat the orcs on the beach. As far as I can tell, you still receive the XP for it.

The problem is when you first enter the city, a NPC comes running to warn you about the ship. Even if the quest is completed, which causes several NPCs to stand on the dock and "shout" for your help. But since you already take care of the problem, you can't do anything.

The bug won't be affected by reloading.

---------------------------------------

UI/Visual bug: There is no feedback on quicksave (no "Saved" text or anything).

UI/Visual bug: The XP bar stays full after levelup.

Will edit with more bugs as I find them.
Posted By: Dmitriy Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 09:55 AM
At the docks of Cyseal there are a couple of NPCs standing with fishing rods.
The funny thing is, I could freely drag their fishing rods, and even throw them away to the sea, without any objections from them smile
However, when I tried to drag the bucket standing next to them - they reacted and asked not to misplace it...
Posted By: venome35 Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 09:59 AM
Hi everybody,
I hope my english is good. A little graphic bug exists when you create your character. Talents are badly highlighted. Talent is not lined up with the grey box.
Posted By: henryv Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
At the docks of Cyseal there are a couple of NPCs standing with fishing rods.
The funny thing is, I could freely drag their fishing rods, and even throw them away to the sea, without any objections from them smile
However, when I tried to drag the bucket standing next to them - they reacted and asked not to misplace it...

Don't misplace it, or....

[Linked Image]

We'll punch you to death! Weapons are overrated anyways.

Kidding aside, I was alt clicking an item on text not knowing that it is considered stealing because the mouse pointer did not change. You need to meticulously put the mouse pointer on the icon itself to have the mouse pointer change and know it is considered stealing if that item was picked. I thought this was a bug at first, but I learned my lesson :P. Anyhow this is just an interface problem. No biggie.

Posted By: Texoru Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 10:13 AM
it has been reported on the first page:

- Missing looted items when loading back to the game.

- Our character can go through the giant stone door.

New bug:

- When equipping the broad sword to the character it still holding an training sword.

- The sorting out inventory system not working properly still shows all my items when clicking on selected icon.

Suggestion:

I would like to change the controls on the mouse, I have an left handed mice (buttons 1 and 2 are mixed around). I found to change the settings on the config file but that's only in the main menu and not in game.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 10:27 AM
Bug (Steam Release)

Priority - High / gamebreaking.

Quicksaved at location "Snorri's Tomb", picked up "hidden hatch key", entered tomb. Spoke to Snorri, guessed that his ghost might have something to do with circus quest, fought him (assuming he'd surrender / help out). No such luck, but wanted to keep options open so reloaded.

Issue: hatch is locked (correct), hidden hatch key has vanished from game world. Note: this is different to "losing items from inventory" as I certainly hadn't picked up the item at that quicksave - obviously, the game isn't resetting fungible items correctly.

Nicht gut.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 12:17 PM
Broken Trigger(Steam Release)

Priority - Low

Trigger in treasure room with blue force fields (archeologist quest) doesn't appear to be working -
round pendant when placed on plinth doesn't do anything, and there doesn't appear to be any other way of removing said force fields - you cannot equip the round pendant and/or use it

[edit]

Found two another bugs with this quest:

1) If you have both parchments in your inventory (two separate codes), then drop them both, then pick them up, they both become the
EFWA
version. Looks like the other one gets "over-written" and replaced by the first version. (Note: I picked up the
EFWA
one first, if this is relevant). Thus, there's the potential to spoil this quest via inventory management; more worryingly, it points to further issues with item IDs.

2) Entering the wrong code in the first basement you enter, then using the correct sequence lights two fires in the other chamber, not four - so you need to then leave & re-enter the correct code twice to actually trigger it
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 01:04 PM
Content / Loot tables

Priority - Low

1) Unique chest behind
the cowardly lighthouse legionaries
that requires the unique
sturdy wooden chest
key has lowest loot table

2) Likewise the chest that
is on fire, then runs away & spawns an undead bomber
has the same issue.

Loot tables for green / blue weapons are working
see lighthouse boss
just doesn't appear to have been linked to chests

[EDIT]

Looks like all chests, even level 10 ones have the same (crappy) loot tables.
Posted By: Ois Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 01:28 PM
(Steam release)

Crash-
D:OS crashes on any attempt to load a game including the QuickLoad option. Windows (Vista64) will briefly show a DEP warning after the EoCApp.exe crash dialogue box. Submitted these with the game's reporter.

Bug-
At the stone path/steps area North-East(?) to the starting area, characters can become sometimes stuck on the old steps near a stone gate. I'll see one start the walking animation, however they refuse to do anything but spin on the spot. This appears to also cause the 2nd character to refuse to move, even if they are not on the steps.
So far, this is the only location I've seen it happen, and be able to duplicate it.
Posted By: Sydius Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 02:02 PM
You can combine an item with itself, resulting in a crash.

When moving an item in the inventory (for example, a stick), you can drop it on itself. This would start the crafting process (2 stick would create a staff), but since there is only one item, you can't craft and the game will crash.

------------------------------

After crash, the XP bar becomes full, even though I am not even close to level up.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 02:30 PM
Content - Loot suffix / prefix miscalc's

Priority - Low

I PrntScr'd this, but somehow the cache cleared.

Normal vanilla leather armour - 12 AC / 5% slashing

Green Fortifying Leather armour of Earth Resistance - 10 AC / 5% slashing

Thus, at least on armours, you get a worse base AC and resistances don't seem to being added; not such a happy feeling after maiming the
big bad undead robot

[EDIT]

Found a random vanilla leather armour drop with 3 AC, 100% durability. I'd say leather armour is just plain bugged atm.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 02:33 PM
Bug - Unique hang / CTD. DOS simply hung, mouse cursor switched to normal (i.e. non-hardware / win pointer) and Alt-tabbing out showed that a "This program has stopped working" error message. On cancelling the "searching web for..." win7 dumped it.

Priority - med / high

At the
Watcher Statues
I killed the
Fire then Water elementals
by passively spawning the
water elemental
via AoE rain. Combat ended, I quicksaved, CTD'd.

- Note, there were two effects on the floor
fire and ice
which had just worn off. So, unsure if it's a quick-save error, or to do with the overlays on the unique flooring (??)

[EDIT]

I've located the reason (or, at least, the symptom):

Massive memory leak. Just had exactly the same issue, and DOS was using 1.9 gig memory before I squished it. This has only happened in the Watcher Statue / Beach areas.
Posted By: mPriyank Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 03:14 PM
The tool tips for the bottom skill bar obscure the action point display - can't see how many APs will be left / consumed if the skill is used. This was not a problem before the last patch, I think.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 03:39 PM
Bug

Priority - Med

Rain + Storm spell + Ocean + 5 people mass electrified for 4+ turns (single char unaffected) => after ending combat, every subsequent combat those characters cannot move, permanently unable to move in combat. i.e. you get the white trails, however the game refuses to accept that they can move.

This was also coupled with a memory leak, so it might be breaking things simply due to swamping the engine.
Posted By: venome35 Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 03:41 PM
Another little one :
All my quests were deleted after visiting the scene crime at the begenning. I reloaded the game and that was good.
Posted By: BelialRus Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 03:41 PM
During Englander quest to kill Victoria:
- I atacked her by unsheathing my weapon and talking to her, which caused other library visitors atack her too, which doesnt make sense.
- Killing her basically next room (floor) to her father doesnt have any kind of consequences which also doesnt make sense.

Sometimes, weapons doesnt sheathe properly:
I happened to me, when I entered warriors stance to break a chest. After ending the stance my warrior kept on walking around with his sword unsheased (which didnt trigger no hostile dialogue), then I sheathed it and all my dialogues started with "Sheathe dat weapon sir" etc.
When you anwer "Of course I'll sheathe it" normal dialogue initiates immediately, but weapon remains unsheathed (or is consireder such during that bug).
Anyway solution is to flip through combat stance one more time.

EDIT: Esmeralda not acting herself:
If you try to pick up an item in her shop and Esmeralda asks "if you're interested in buying" and you go on with the dialogue she acts as if she is not herself (just a random placeholder dialogue tree it seems)
Posted By: Mooney Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 04:01 PM
Bug

Using scarletts teleport spell on a character who is stunned (electified) will cause it to bug out, if an enemy it will force pass turn until killed, if a player, it will pass turn, and refuse to move or do anything after combat has ended, reloading the game fixes the issue for the player character

having a bit of a read of the previous topics looks like there is something wrong with how electrified interacts with other effects

this could probably be abused to make fights with certain mobs extremely easy, essentially taking a powerful mob that can be stunned out of the fight, but i guess anyone who does that on early access is missing the point smile
Posted By: Titoxasis Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 04:25 PM
Hey! i´m making my characters kill one another to level up (they do gain experience that way).

I managed to make my mage kill my warrior until they´re both level 2 then used a resurrection spell on the warrior (until the lvl up he just respawned low health). Once both at lvl 2, with their skills up and everything I continued throughout the process, but, once one third of the experience bar became filled, my warrior suddenly became full health (on the little character windows up on the left) and a grave (so dead) at the same time. Game crashes (I mean, immediately after)
Posted By: Von_Rotten Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 04:29 PM
The mast on the ship in the docks is still cimbable.

[Linked Image]

And the ship appears to be partially off world

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

When both characters are in sneak, if you select the other char not currently in control, the sneak animation gets desynchronized.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: CamoReaper Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 04:42 PM
When talking to Bognard to ask about the totems it would not ask the question. Had to back out and talk to him again. In the same area towards the left and a little down there was an item starfish that didn't show while pressing alt.
Posted By: Koon Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 04:42 PM
Hello! Today I bought this game on Steam and find some bugs:

1. The tabs in inventory (armor, weapons etc) don't work.

2. When I open the first player inventory and give something to the second, the next pressing key 'i' show me the second player's inventory, but the third pressing 'i' show me the first... I think the inventory should be closed.

3. Smt with music... It's weird to hear battle music and usual music together in one battle.

4. Work of a teleport is strange. For example: I can't teleport my partner to some places, where it would be working (to the boxes after rope on the first pier).

5. Why fire don't evaporate water from destroyed barrel? IMHO it should be work like in real world, doesn't it?

6. Some types of clothing (robe, smelly coat) don't have an animation on player (player looks naked).

7. The image of cupboard inside (and some others too) looks like barrel inside.

8. I can't remove things and spells from hotkeys in the lower side on screen.

9. The camera won't be rotating on 360 deg.

10. Also camera doesn't move to the sides where some parts of interface open.

11. NPCs don't rotate to you, when the dialogs begin.

12. All quests in journal indicated after loading.

13. The weight icon in inventory doesn't update in real time (you should close inventory and then open it again with a view to see your weight).

14. The picture stolen by me from the wall doesn't hung on the wall again (only on the floor).

15. Quicksave save the game on the latest name in saves, but not on the file with the name 'quicksave'.

16. Strange texture of ice on objects after spell winterbreath.

17. Not a bug, but where is the key for autoregulation of inventory?

18. Smt weird with stacks of gold in inventory. I can't combine them together.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 05:09 PM
Content omission

Murphy (Jake's dog) will
smell the smelly panties, but won't smell the smelly scarf
By that point it doesn't matter, but...

Broken Quest Triggers

Esmeralda, after you've discovered Jake's fate, has no dialogue (I spoke to the commander first), and with a +60 disposition still refuses to talk to you, barring wanting a gift. I attempted the
smelly scarf and the love letter
with no joy from either. You'd think she'd have some dialogue about the entire murder business...

Unfinished Quests

I cannot finish Esmerelda's quest, nor can I finish
the robot out of control
despite having spoken to the commander, the mage, Esmerelda or the Councillor. Despite obviously being completed, they simply won't trigger.

Likewise, I have the
staff of pergamon
and the quest text has got to the completion point of "...Cecil will be pleased". However, speaking to Cecil gives no option to hand the McGuffin over or refuse etc etc. Broken trigger!

[EDIT]

I was able to finish the
staff of pergamon
quest after completing Cecil's daughter's quest. Dialogue option simply didn't appear until that one was closed (!!)

So, basically - it appears very easy to break quest triggers for no apparent reason. i.e. they simply break, even if done in the correct order and/or totally fulfilled.
Posted By: JFSeiki Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 05:21 PM
Small graphical bug, a lot of clipping with hairstyles and helmets on both my own characters as well as the new companions, most noticeably with the cloth bonnet.

Edit: Also noted that when destroying a barrel of oil and engaging combat on it, when someone is hit before it is lit on fire the blood will splash out and cancel the oil on the floor out and not leave any blood, just clears the ground in the splash area. Made my plan to kill the people inside the warehouse work less well than intended. Perhaps do something so that in those situations blood can't overwrite or cancel out the oil, as I'd think on the ground at least oil would be the harder thing to remove.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by SteamUser

Unfinished Quests

I cannot finish Esmerelda's quest, nor can I finish
the robot out of control
despite having spoken to the commander, the mage, Esmerelda or the Councillor. Despite obviously being completed, they simply won't trigger.

To finish Arhu's failed experiment you have to
go to the jail and talk to the guard by the treasury. He should thank you for saving him from the machine. He can also be made to let you into the treasury

Also check out this post for quests that are solvable. It should help cut down on false bugs about quests not completing.
Posted By: Bittereinder Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 05:54 PM
Here are some more issues that I encountered today:

- The legionnaire at the crime scene says 'Ready to have another look?' even if it's the first time you've ever been there. Very minor complaint, of course.

- It seems to be impossible to scroll down at the start of a conversation. This is annoying if there are a lot of dialogue options; for example, upon accidentally clicking a vendor I could not immediately click 'I think I'll take my leave', which is at the bottom. I had to select a different option before I was able to scroll.

- Glitch that occurred to me at a certain point: clicking or double-clicking items during trade did not work as they would immediately disappear from the transaction screen again. I had to drag them there. I think this got resolved after reloading.

- You can't simply use Enter when placing markers, so you always have to click Accept.

- Graphical glitch: Bognard the mourning troll's axe is clearly floating in thin air.

- I was able to use Rush to get inside the stone door in Esmeralda's basement.

- I seem to be incapable of equipping more than one ring at a time.

- Suggestion: the beggar's attitude should improve if you decide to give him money.

- Looted weapons disappear when you load a game, I was able to replicate this bug; it doesn't seem to matter if they're equipped or not. Not sure if this also holds true for other types of items, the golden cups I stole still seem to be there.

This last issue is probably the most serious one that I encountered during today's run. I believe it was reported by others as well.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by lokitrixter
It should help cut down on false bugs about quests not completing.

Thanks - however, that thread only explains the end point to Ardu's (Erdu?) quest, and doesn't explain why Esmeralda
having been exonerated
has no dialogue. There's also the small matter that her guard vanishes without trace.

As a complaint - the end point NPC to Erdu's quest (mage) has no dialogue linking him to the story, and is present at his station before the quest is activated. His dialogue runs along the lines of "That's the treasury, stay away, no joke", and he appears to be stationary during the quest. In fact, the story
heavily implicates the 5 as the instigators / protagonists, not only by the NPC at the scene's dialogue ("the 5 sent us in and didn't back us up"), the missing Tom quest (? unknown if it's linked), but the fact that afterwards they are all absent from the tavern.

Basically, having the quest finish there, with no surrounding support dialogue is totally bizarre. Logically, it should follow something like this:
5 at tavern > either join + get given quest to cave or > refuse and have Tom's sister quest lead you to another trigger > cave. Then *after* this, talking to Erdu should finish the quest and/or lead to denouement & wrap up Tom's quest as well

At the moment, the quest makes no sense, and there's zero dialogue leading up to it, since it isn't part of the commander's three expeditions.

/derail over
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 06:41 PM
I'm assuming you joined the Fabulous Five. If so you may want to
speak to the mayor

Also depending on where you are in the murder mystery and what you have done you will find more info about it. I'd ask you to screenshot your quest log with the quest open and I'll see what might be missing if that will help.

I like that the game isn't super hand holding with it's quests. Yes, at times it can be annoying, but I like that I have to hunt to figure out the rest of the quest line.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 06:52 PM
I'm assuming you joined the Fabulous Five. If so you may want to
speak to the mayor

Nope, I declined their offer; I triggered it by entering the cave & speaking to the NPC in there, so obviously missed the beginning. However, it still doesn't make sense!
Why would the 5 have legionaries helping them? There's no link between the two

Back to bugs:

My game now appears to be a bit unstable after the 3+ memory leaks; constantly (4+ times, all within 30mins) getting "left click refusing to work" just from walking around (see earlier, visa vie Cecil's door error), although quick-loading fixes it temporarily. This isn't improved by a full close / restart. I've been using quick save almost exclusively.

Content Bug / Misplacement.

At the entrance to the
Black Orc dungeon
there's a parchment
outlining the Orc Queen's exact plans, and stating that their goal is to obtain the Star Stone. Although this is discussed beforehand, notably by the Orc burying his brother, this is the only solid proof I've found
This item is found
past the second bridge with bodies on it (past the electric field); using alt lets you see it buried in the stone wall to the right / underside of the bridge.
and is only visible using <alt>. Dragging allows you to pull it out; item name is simply "parchment". Given the storyline of the Orc's attacking the town, I was surprised that this wasn't a quest item, and at the rather obscure location; you'd think the legionaries, the council and the mage would be looking for confirmation!
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 07:44 PM
This bug still persists from previous version and should probably be looked at.
Stand off to the side and attack Junius. Bibius will not join combat. You can't talk to Bibius afterwards. Seems weird he would just let his friend die. I know he's drunk but is he THAT drunk?

Upon quick loading, if you have a barrel or container in your inventory you are now unable to open it without first placing it back on the ground and opening it.
Posted By: YoungFreshNewbie Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 07:49 PM
Bug List:
1) When assigning bonuses to things such as "+5% damage", you should say "Increases damage by +5%" and not "with +5%".

2) The two "Cute Dog" enemies just north of town that turn into zombies actually initiate combat as "Cute Dog"s. Combat will end after one turn where the dogs then turn into zombies, regenerated to full hp, and come after you again. I suspect the Cute Dogs should not be engaging you in combat until they turn.

3) The Duke of Ferol, after speaking to him the first time and not saying much, suddenly believed me to have wronged him when I spoke to him again, and demanded a gift from me. I declined to do this, and I suspect something strange might trigger his hostility, but I know not what it possibly could have been. I did not manipulate any of his possessions as far as I can tell, nor did I ever accuse him of anything anywhere.

4) When talking to animals that can grant you conversational bonuses, you do not need to have "Pet Pal" to receive it. For example, the characters may talk to the rat in the burial mound and both get +1 Pragmatic, even though all they saw was "Squeak!".
Posted By: Palehorse Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 08:08 PM
I'm new to this, hopefully my descriptions are clear enough.

Bug list:

1) Fish Thief dialogue in the market - I started it while controlling Scarlett, I then had the debate internally and both Rod and Scar chose the 'Reason' response. Scarlett won and the thief didn't take the fish, however once the dialogue box closed I was in control of Rod. I walked around a bit with him but Scarlett didn't follow me. I swapped back to Scarlett and the fish thief spoke up again saying he wouldn't steal anything and then he walked away.

2) the Crowd Warmer quest. I spoke to the crowd warmer first, then the quest giver who asked me to hire the crowd warmer for him. I went back to the crowd warmer and he asked for 6 G. The accept request was 'that seems reasonable' which I chose. I didn't have 6 Gold and the crowd warmer's dialogue reflected that. But when I checked the quest in the journal it said that I had successfully hired the crowd warmer.

3) Typo: When the mayor shows us to the library after meeting him, his dialogue in the library misspells Victoria as 'Vicotria' in the third paragraph.

4)Map - I tried to make custom markers several times but they did not stay on the map.

Love the game!
Posted By: NomekSan Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 08:37 PM
I was talking to Victoria in the Mayors library. After ending the conversation I went down the stairs and then the dialog windwow popped up again. There is no option to end the (non existant) conversation. At the bottom of the scrolling area is the usual "I will go now" option but it is not klickable.

Only way out was to load a previous savegame.

The other thing was that I stole about 70 Gold out of a chest in the mayors house. This didn't stack with my other gold, not even manually. After loading the game, this stack of gold was gone.

I stole more gold (can't help it) and got this problem again. Now i have three stacks of gold. Two which actually say "Gold" but don't stack and one with has only the Icon of gold, see pic below. None of them stack. Although it adds correctly in the total gold amount.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: HeMet Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 08:56 PM
Bug list:

1. The tabs (item filters) in inventory don't work.

2. If container (barrel, chest, etc.) near enough to start interaction but not reachable to open it, it's UI blink on screen (first it appears as if you opened it when instantly disappear). Good place to reproduce is barrel after rope on the first pier (x: 240, y: 23).

3. Gold pile can't be combined in inventory (however you can trade multiple pile to equal one from merchant smile ).

4. Character creation screen - Talents list: active area of list item (highlighted) doesn't match the text.

5. Inventory - Action Points line: highlighted area shorter than text.

6. After you save the boat in harbour with rain spell sailors continue to shout.

7. Typo in tombstone text at (x: 227, y: 254).
Posted By: Bittereinder Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 09:04 PM
- Graphical glitch: if you go down the hidden hatch in the ruined cabin, there is a chandelier that appears to be floating in the air.

- When you land the killing blow on an enemy, it doesn't tell you how much damage you did, which would be useful to know.

- At one point when exploring to the NW of Cyseal, your characters come across a body and one of them exclaims something like 'The further I go, the more bodies I find heaped', but it is immediately cut off by the Exploration XP message and almost impossible to read fully.

- Quest markers only seem to work right after you are given a quest, once they are gone it's apparently impossible to get them to show up again, no matter which quest you select.

- Weird glitch: after I had defeated the enemies in the ruined cabin with the hidden hatch, the game told me Scarlet had leveled up. I tried to boost her Intelligence to 10, but it immediately reverted to 9 and I lost all my points.
I reloaded and this time it said Scarlet still had 180 XP left until her next level. When I reached said level, everything worked correctly. I think in the first instance the game had incorrecty calculated the amount of xp gained or something.

Originally Posted by Palehorse
4)Map - I tried to make custom markers several times but they did not stay on the map.

You need to click Accept, if you just press Enter the prompt will disappear without creating a marker. It's a bit annoying and I hope they'll just let us press Enter in future patches.
Posted By: Raze Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Koon
15. Quicksave save the game on the latest name in saves, but not on the file with the name 'quicksave'.

Are you sure? The saves may not be correctly sorted in the save lists, but quick saving should save to a 'QuickSave' named folder. What happens if you delete the quicksave and make a new one?
Posted By: Elwyn Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 18/01/14 11:47 PM
- Sometimes, the cooldown for the phoenix dive seems to calculated incorrectly. In the description it says 3 turns but in a few situations I could use it again just the very next turn (maybe it is just a memory leek or something)

The following is rather a suggestion than a real bug:

- If you lure the enemies who are in the vicinity of Cyseal to the town gates so that the guards at the gates also join the fight, the guards do not go back to their posts after the fight is over. It would be nice if the guards would walk back to their original positions after the fight.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 12:20 AM
Even after the scarecrow explodes, you can't walk through the empty space where it used to be, something is blocking you. (Also, there needs to be some loot placed besides the scarecrow to lure players close.)
Posted By: Dr Koin Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by Bittereinder

- Looted weapons disappear when you load a game, I was able to replicate this bug; it doesn't seem to matter if they're equipped or not. Not sure if this also holds true for other types of items, the golden cups I stole still seem to be there.

Just wanted to note that it looks like only world-spawned weapons will apparently disappear in that fashion. Drops, weapons collected from containers, and crafted weapons won't disappear.
Weapons in stands, or found on the ground or on tables or whatever, will disappear.

This also seem to happen only on the second player in a coop game. I, as the client, am the only one to loose my g*ddamn bow each time we reload.
Quite a bummer when, come level 9, you're still using the starting weapon :^p
Posted By: GDwarf Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 02:17 AM
-One of the two legionnaires that you first encounter says, of Scarlet, that "...he doesn't look like an Orc." While the man is drunk, I don't think he was *that* sozzled. :P

-Trying to open a container you can't reach still opens it for a split second.

-Using alt to highlight objects doesn't highlight containers. I'm not sure if this is deliberate or not.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 03:54 AM
Bug - Trigger

In the quest "Another crazed mage", there is a random rat outside the door - if it enters before you, as you open the door, it triggers the NPC, not you, resulting in the NPC never talking to you.

I suspect that this can happen with any background NPC + floor triggers.

Content - Smelling & Grammer

In Black Cove, the item "Piratcy Notes" is spelt incorrectly, should read: "Piracy Notes".
Posted By: Absynnian Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 04:16 AM
I put a robe bought from the magic merchant in Cyseal on Scarlett. it gives me the bonuses but scarlett might be feeling a little cold.
Posted By: GDwarf Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 05:00 AM
Found a graphical bug on the King Crab. Moving the camera near it causes the texture on the top of the wall where the two wings of the building meet to flicker.

I'm using an amd Radeon HD 6950, Driver version 13.12.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 05:47 AM
Content Bug - Unassigned skill / misnamed skill book

Priority - low

You can purchase a skill book "Unlock" from the arrow vendor, and learn it - no skill is learned (separate from the pick lock skill or the spell)

Content Bug - Anvil oddities

Priority - Low

With 10 strength, you can drag / drop the anvil around. Let's just say, it looks a little odd sitting on its earth mushroom. (You cannot put it into inventory, sadly).
Posted By: Koon Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 07:35 AM
Some bug, which I detected today: the animation of a teleport people shows one man fall down into another.
Posted By: venome35 Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 08:16 AM
Some minors bugs :
- when I sell items, the sailor doesn't give me my money. I can only make exchanges if i don't want to lose my items.
- I have to give more money than the recommended price of the item.
- Sometimes, damages sustained are not taking into account : character's life doesn't decrease.
Posted By: Raze Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 08:41 AM

In the trade window are you hitting the balance icon to equal out the value in gold? Does the NPC have enough to cover the difference?

If the seller is 'insulted' by your offer of the asking price, do they have a low opinion of you? (shown below their name and level on mouse over)
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 08:45 AM
Bug - Crafting

Priority - Low

There seems to be a random chance that crafting on the anvil doesn't create items. I've had this happen with iron bars and cloth scraps. There was also mention in the combination thread that you could smelt down items (vanilla only?), which no longer works.
Posted By: Creed Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 09:07 AM
I can't even start a New Game. Just fades out and crashes.

Why would this happen? This has never happened in any other alpha game I have tested, nor any game I have ever owned.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Creed

Why would this happen? This has never happened in any other alpha game I have tested, nor any game I have ever owned.

Try this thread: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=476120&nt=8&page=1

This is for in-game bugs. As an aside, on first loading, my client paused as it was asking my firewall to access the internet - I had to swap out, allow DOS permissions, then manually dump the client due to swapping in seemingly crashing it. The client also takes 5-10 mins to fully load on the first instance, at least for me.

Bug - Content

Priority - Low

On upgrading the
Hall of Heroes
to an air theme, two bugs occur:

1) The way gate doesn't work
2) If you run into the cloud of lightning behind the way gate it will electrify your character, then permanently cancel itself, including the lightning effects on the large crystals. Confirmed on zoning in/out of the entire area, not just that particular room

Bug - Content

Priority - Low

On an electrical theme, if you return to Black Cove to the part where the quest "another crazy mage" happens, a random storm cloud is spawned in the lower (right hand side) room just by the closet / hole in the floor. No reason for it at all. Strange.
Posted By: Raze Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Creed

There is a known issue matching that problem, related to 32 bit versions of Windows. Larian is working on it. It may help if you email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 09:32 AM
Bug - Content

Priority - Unknown

In the homestead, your friendly imp has no dialogue for recovering either the
inert or blood stone
I'm perhaps confused to the nature of the
star stones
but it's heavily implied that these two are of the same nature.

I'm presuming, although not certain, that these two are the triggers for the two upgrades to the homestead that are unlocked in the alpha (?).
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 09:45 AM
Bug - Dialogue mechanics

Priority - low / Medium

Not sure why, but I've been receiving a lot of randomised bonus traits (aka, on repeating the dialogue, doesn't occur again), but only to certain traits.

From notes: (since this, I received another +3 points, lost on ditching the save).

Level 8, ~95% alpha complete:

Pragmatic 6
Romantic 1
Independent 0
Obedient 5
Bold 4
Timid 1
Righteous 4
Renegade 0
Spiritual 1
Materialistic 1
Compassionate 3
Heartless 1
Altruistic 6
Egotistical 0
Forgiving 4
Vindictive 0
Blunt 1
Considerate 0

In red are the three that are most notable - on reloading I won't gain those bonuses even using the same choices in the same order. Without reloads, this character would have +2-4 on each of the listed in red. Note: they're being given simply through dialogue choices, not inter-party banter.
Posted By: Cromcrom Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 10:35 AM
Muted icon stays in place after fight ends.
picked up barrels and crate disappear on reload, with stuff in it.
Actually, crates and barrles should not be possibly put in inventories imho. We should be able to craft bags, with various inventory size would be great.
I really really love the game guys, but it is incredibly buggy for now (well, in alpha state, CQFD), so I will keep spamming with bug reports. No offense please hehe
Posted By: Cromcrom Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 10:39 AM
Some objects (gold), don't alt-show their name after as they have been dropped from a battle.
Posted By: Cromcrom Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 10:43 AM
I think "hidden key" lying on the ground should not be alt- visible...
Posted By: Cromcrom Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 11:17 AM
outdoor rain should make things wet too.
Posted By: Fristi Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 01:26 PM
Moving my mouse to the bottom of the screen does not do anything. Up, left and right does scroll.
Posted By: EyeGuy Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Texoru
I would like to change the controls on the mouse, I have an left handed mice (buttons 1 and 2 are mixed around). I found to change the settings on the config file but that's only in the main menu and not in game.

There're 2 config files, 1 under player and 1 under Eoc. Change the mouse button assignment in default to swap the in game functions.
Posted By: Dr Koin Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 03:32 PM
Alright, various feedbacks based on a full playthrough :

- [Crash bug], happened once : either because of leveling up during the fight, and/or the second player having to flee the fight leaving me dead on the ground, I could never get back up again. Got back to full life when the fight was concluded, but no movement or action available. Leaving the game and joining it back didn't fix the issue, the host simply got back a dead, immovable Scarlett, which TPed with him to the homestead or any waypoint.

- [Crash bug] happened a lot : game often, randomly crash when crafting. Either the host or the client, either craft by combining items from the inventory or with craft "tables" like anvil, whetstone, mobile kitchen.

- [Bug, display] : The other player characters will often leave "ghosts" in the world. Those appears like the armor model without the body "imprinted" in the world, stuck into any animation : running, standing, walking...

- [Bug, network] Desync : sometimes I saw the host, idle, when actually he was already a few screens away. This was further complicated when, sometimes during long sessions, Roderick-host simply lost any animation, sliding on the ground instead of walking/running, up to the point he simply entirely stopped moving, staying at the entrance point of any given map. The host was still playing him, but the client couldn't see him anymore.
This was very annoying during fights, as I couldn't say where he was anymore, and the camera kept warping to his inanimate model at the entrance at the beginning of each of his turns.

- [Items, major bug] : disappearing world-spawned weapon. Already mentioned here and there, it only seem to affect manually placed weapons, maybe armors too.

- [Companion, Feedback] : The two companions are really, really powerful compared to you. My guess is that, since this isn't the very beginning of the game, you are meant to be level 3 to 5 when reaching this point in the story and they will roughly match your strength. Still, Madora's phoenix Dive and Jahan's frostbreath are extremely powerful compared to what you can do, even with the same skill.

- [Companions, bug] : Jahan came with an exclamation mark as if he had something to talk to us about, but no dialogue were ever started. At some point, Madora presented the same symptoms. Even worse, sometimes, they had TWO exclamation marks each, on top of each other.

- [Abilities, Feedback] : Frostbreath is clearly overpowered as it stands now. Or everything is a tad underpowered. A single Frostbreath from Jahan can wipe an entire orc platoon in one go. I guess there is a balance to achieve there wink

- [Bug, Abilities] Charm : If the client's character is charmed, upon getting a successful save roll, the client's character and the host's will be swapped. What this means is that the host will be able to play as Scarlett, BUT! I wasn't able to do anything as Roderick. Couldn't move or attack or cast anything. Had to leave in order to give Roderick's control back to the host, and join again whenever it wasn't Scarlett's turn to act.
BUT!
This happened while the previous bug was happening, and I ( client ) wasn't able to see Roderick at all during a fight.
What makes it hard to reproduce is that it seems only one ennemy in the whole alpha is able to Charm, during the very last fight of Jake's murder quest.

- [Bug, Abilities] Charm, still : Charmed foes never did a thing except stand there and take hits.

- [Combat, Suggestion] : what is sorely missed is a way to preview a spell or ability range, or any max distance indication.

- [Combat, suggestion] : Pleeease add a 'defend' option? You maybe gain half AP but you reduce damage taken, or just no AP at all, improvable with a talent ?

- [Combat, Suggestion] : Backstab : it really only works when standing EXACTLY behind the target. Maybe wide the angle a little? Or give a little direction-facing arrow to the ground indicator ? This is especially puzzling when a target has been knockdown, although one could argue an ennemy lying on his back can't be backstabbed. This is also true when fighting some foes with shields, where they have this particular stance, shield up-front, body twisted, and finding where their back actually is can be a bit deceiving.

- [Specific ennemy, bug] : The giant crab holding on to Sam's collar as well as being in the way to reach Desdemona has a funny hitbox, stretching far too high, making it impossible or really hard to see status icons or damage received.

- [Specific ennemy, possible bug] : Evelyn will keep summoning zombie boars, which can be killed for 550xp each time. While not a very convenient way to level up, this can still be exploited.

- ["Class", Feedback] : Rangers are underpowered, clearly. Even with a good crossbow and every available skills, I couldn't dish out as much damage as a mage, let alone a warrior. As it stands now, there are absolutely no reasons to play a ranger except reaally loving them, or loving a lot of challenge, or simply being masochistic :p

- [Talents, minor bug] : Quick Witted ( the 10% experience talent ) is probably badly worded. The description leads one to believe the overall experience gain will be increased by 10% while actually it seems to decrease the experience needed to reach the next level by 10%.

- [Quest, Crash bug] : the Lighthouse love quest : telling Desdemona the truth about her husband results in the host's game crashing upon leaving the dialogue. Either talking to her with the host or the client.

- [Quest, medium crash bug] : During the lost head quest : Talking to the, well, talking head with a companion during a coop game will result in the companion and the host's controlled main character having the argument about whether to leave it be or take it back, instead of the two main characters. The game will then hang and will have to be reloaded/restarted.

- [Quest, minor bug] : the kitten love quest : it will probably first be triggered when talking to Unsinkable Sam, yet the first line in the quest log will be that the player(s) found a collar belonging to "SAM" on a crab, which is more or less the last step of the mission. ( yeah it can be found before talking to the cat, but when this isn't the case it shouldn't be printed out as the first step of the quest smile )

- [UI] : Quite a lot of UI missing features, which may be dismissed for now, like gold can't be stacked, the category buttons on the left not working, or a really, dearly missed "auto-sort" feature.

- [UI] : Skillbooks lack the skill description, making it hard to anticipate what the skill will actually do.

- [UI] : mentioning it for the sake of ... mentioning : Full dialogue will need to appear on both players screens, and we can't see the final line during coop dialogues. We know from the various videos and dev diaries this is coming, though smile

- [UI/Abilities, suggestion] : If some doors aren't meant to be lock-picked and can only be opened with a specific key at the right time, just say it can't be picked smile I'm thinking Evelyn's house doors, which, given her status in the main quest, Jake's murder, could indeed lead to the players being able to short-circuit the entire questline and maybe break the game. However ditching points into the lockpick skill for virtually nothing can be very frustrating and game-breaking too !

- [UI, suggestion] : ESC key to close panels before invoking the main menu.

- [Environment, Traps] : any way to disarm them other than shooting them from afar? Maybe later? smile

- [Character creation] : joining a game still in the character creation phase is still buggy. The second player will gain control of Scarlett and be able to move, disrupting the camera of the host. I didn't experienced it as I wasn't the host, but the host was very annoyed.

/Various feedback:/

- "finished" the alpha at level 9, my Scarlett got the level killing the talking statues demons thanks to Quick Witted, before we head out to Evelyn's lab. The host got the 9th level near the very end. The 10th level may be achievable during the beta by getting quick witted earlier, maybe.
- Steam was displaying 17 hours of playtime to completion, with a few loose ends remaining. It's more than, like, 80% of other complete, finished games?
- I think the weapon and armour scaling is very, very good. Overall, we really felt like we were gaining in strength and utility with each passing level and every new weapon we equipped.
- The same can be said about the overall combat feeling : challenging yet not impossible, winning a fight felt extremely rewarding more often than once. Although this balance could be due to our characters being underleveled ( since this is clearly not the game true beginning and they should reach this point level 3 to 5 ), and Jahan's Frostbreath and Madora overall melee abilities being so awesome/overpowered. With a toned down frostbreath, the fights in the Alpha may become too hard, and with leveled up characters at the start of the chapter, combat may feel too easy.
- Ranger, ranger. I struggled to find a bow, especially with the disappearing weapons bug, and I ended up switching from the STARTER BOW to a level 9/skill 4 crossbow, right before the very last fights. Needless to say I was a complete spectator from start to finish, even with a melee weapon and the Assassin talent. I chose to go the "utility" way with leveled loremaster and lockpicking, so I had no spare points for advanced weapons other than my ranged weapon of choice. In the end, though, I probably used Flare ( which we got from a chest at the very beginning ) and my trusted crafted spear way more than I used ranged weapons. This was essentially bad luck on ranged weapons find.
- Dialogues and main characters interaction between each other is an excellent feature. Right now the UI isn't polished enough but it will definitely lead to great things. I loved how we kept arguing in front of the Fabulous Five recruiter, and he kept trying to convince us until we found some common ground. Great jobs here, guys, great job. I knew you wouldn't let us down.
- Pet Pal isn't a gimmick. I asked the host to take it for my character, not really believing it would actually be useful. Turned out it was. Can Unsinckable Sam's quest even be obtained without Pet Pal ? A no brainer for future playthroughs.
- Great writing quality. Maybe sometimes too much, when the most common of folks speaks in a Shakespearian manner. However this brings some personnality to the game, and it's pleasant to read clever dialogues for once.
Posted By: El Zoido Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 03:32 PM
Thanks for the new version!

Just played a few minutes so far, here are two things I noticed:
1) After throwing the shell back into the sea, the chest that I receive is empty
2) There are still items vanishing on save/reload. I had picked up the sword on the beach with the 1st orc fight, saved the game, and upon reloading a few minutes later the sword had vanished from my inventory.
Posted By: Loug Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 03:51 PM
Hi,

I found a bug with the main quest.

I was restarting a new game from scratch. When arriving in town (just after the encounted with the 3 orcs) I had the option "about Jack's body" in the dialog with ahru. Quest log updated to "The wizard Arhu greeted us and asked us to meet him above the barracks for a briefing on Jake's murder" but it was impossible to continue further (dialog options bugged when speaking to Ahru in the barracks).

Started 2 other games, same bug.

The only workaround i found was to delete all my savegame.

Posted By: mithrandir Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 04:22 PM
Two "bugs" I noticed on the last 1.0.87.0 alpha:

- Problems in characters visibility? : The sheep in the clinic backyard in Cyseal may disappear (only from the UI) in certain cases. For example, the first time I get there, the fence was closed, and the sheep was visible, then I opened the fence gate and entered, and it was still there, when I exited by this gate (without closing it), it disappeared. I reappeared again when I was close enough to it.

- On the quest when the sailors ask for work, I found work for them and closed the quest, then I deleted (some time after) my save and created a new game, when I encountered them they thanked me because I seemingly found work for them at the same place.

And then 3 UI things (which are not bugs):
- It would be great to have a progress bar when loading levels

- I still don't know how to switch to another character without having spent all my AP. I don't know if its possible yet in the alpha

- The UI in the alpha could be clearer when there are discussions involving the two characters (I only used the game in single player), sometimes it's possible to make a mistake and choose an option thinking that the dialog option was from the other character (maybe because there is only one character portrait visible between the two at one time). The dialog UI in the kickstarter videos was easier to understand for me.

- being able to trade anything is very good, but it took sometime for me to understand how to trade for money (the simpler option). There is nothing preventing you to give something for free, because putting an object on your side of the trade without anything on the other side is perfectly possible without warning

- also that would be great to be able to share items between the two characters without having to throw them and pick them by the other character
Posted By: Koon Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 04:30 PM
There are some more bugs:
1. There are no minimap of The Hall of Heroes
2. Killing the woman near Tarpesty of History without before her turn leads to situation which I can't end the battle.
3. Not bug, but why players can't see action points of enemies? It's very difficult to plan battles in the game for this reason.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by mithrandir

- I still don't know how to switch to another character without having spent all my AP. I don't know if its possible yet in the alpha

Press Enter

- also that would be great to be able to share items between the two characters without having to throw them and pick them by the other character

Drag item to the picture of the person you want to give it to. Or you can open the inventory with Player A, hit F2 to target Player B and open their inventory and drag and drop
Posted By: mithrandir Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 04:54 PM

Press Enter

Drag item to the picture of the person you want to give it to. Or you can open the inventory with Player A, hit F2 to target Player B and open their inventory and drag and drop

Thanks!

For switching to another character in combat, maybe they could also provide a button like there is already one for ending your turn.
Posted By: Bittereinder Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 05:31 PM
Great feedback, Dr Koin.

Originally Posted by Dr Koin
- Pet Pal isn't a gimmick. I asked the host to take it for my character, not really believing it would actually be useful. Turned out it was. Can Unsinckable Sam's quest even be obtained without Pet Pal ? A no brainer for future playthroughs.

It might be a little too much of a no-brainer, since you miss out on a lot of content if you don't have it. I don't necessarily have a problem with that since it comes with an obvious opportunity cost, but I think some people are going to complain about this if they find out about it halfway through the game.

- Great writing quality. Maybe sometimes too much, when the most common of folks speaks in a Shakespearian manner. However this brings some personnality to the game, and it's pleasant to read clever dialogues for once.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I was going to mention this since it's a bit of a strange complaint. I kind of wish more people would speak 'normally'. Everyone, even the common people, seems to have this poetic, lyrical way of speaking. It tends to make dialogues a bit unnatural and hard to relate to since every character is kind of a tongue-in-cheek caricature. Basically, the writing is too good/complex and I feel like it's only the upper-class and/or 'pretentious' NPCs that should speak in this way.
Posted By: Razzmann Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 06:07 PM
(this is the only bug I know which seems not to be mentioned on this page so sry if this is a known bug)
I crafted a pretty powerful axe with a simple steel ingot and an anvil, I don´t know whether this is a bug or it´s only in alpha. here is a link to the screenshot:
http://gyazo.com/f4f784853f2837158a272542464c3229
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 06:33 PM
Using Teleport or even Phoenix Dive at the edge of the alpha zone will allow for the companions to get past the alpha zone and explore some more. Trying to get Scarlett or Roderick over the zone barrier will send them back to the beginning of Cyseal. I was able to explore a bit of the area with Jahan and Madora.

Able to gather a new quest
[Linked Image]

Get to venture around a bit. This guy has purple arms.
[Linked Image]

This is as far north as I was able to get
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mithrandir Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 06:36 PM
Another small bug about trading, maybe already posted there:

- When you drag and drop an item to trade it at the middle of the trade window, sometimes it wont go, and sometimes it removes another item which was put there before. Most of the time, the workaround is to to the trade item by item
Posted By: Razzmann Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 06:54 PM
another bug (dont know whether it was already posted):
when leaving the black cove (east of the beach at the harbor) Jahan & Madora are, like it should be (i think), outside at the entrance whereas Scarlett & Roderick ended up in a mysterious room which is surrounded by an empty landscape...hard to describe, here are some pictures:

Jahan & Madora
http://imgur.com/yN9u8E9

The mysterious room
http://imgur.com/2w5F2th

The landscape around it
http://imgur.com/YkZucuL
http://imgur.com/yefkH5Z
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 07:06 PM
Yeah Razzmann in a thread for an earlier builds bugs I posted a video of myself running around. If you head to the right far enough you will be returned to Cyseal entrance.
Posted By: hello_its_Me Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 07:53 PM
my quick-save-game-file doesn't want to load anymore
quicksave on speedy share
Posted By: Rainer Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 19/01/14 11:08 PM
I had a new coop play today and we found a bug that I didn't find in the forum so here it is:

after playing 3 to 4 hours my Host Roderick got immobile after leaving the basement of the legionnaire office (maybe it was because the game asked me to leave the things like i did steal something, but I only clicked the stairs to get up, but the stairs had the colour of owned items the characters all got out of the basement but the conversation ended after clicking continue I could move the companions, I could enter rodericks inventar, but he could not move.

A save was made and the symptoms remain after loading it - where can I upload the save???

other noticeable things:
- Gameplay was fun for the mage but the ranger is somewhat underpowered (like mentioned before) and often does only 1 HP with her bow (Up to level 4)

- water pools of the rain spell doesn't flow down (on gradients or bridges)

- the AI doesn't avoid poison or fire areas (companions following the mainchar don't too)

- there is no physical behavior of water and fire
e.g. if I shot a barrel with oil with the ranger and then my mage place a fireball on the oil it burns a lot of ground - but when the companion mage does the rain spell theres alot of steam but also a pool of water in the fire which I can electrocute - it's the same the other way around first rainspell then oil then fire

- in conversations you have short-keys like 1 to 8 but 9 doesn't work!

- in combat
-- there is often missing the red sorounding of enemys to display a possible hit
-- you can't fire through blocking walls but the enemy can
-- the icebreath is blocked by a fence?!
-- not frozen enemys in the icewall can fight and shoot arrows but not move!?
-- the ballista doesn't shot at the zombies, skelletons or boars which we lured to the north gate and the legionaire on the ballustrade ignored the incoming enemys until the undead mage teleportet a boar up the ballustrade to my mage which could't cast spell down on the oncoming horde on the bridge?! smile

- outside combat I would like to heal my comrades with the heal-spell but the portraits aren't clickable, despite the character is in range - you have to select the person on the map to do it

- another companion bug:
if your coop recruits the companions they move to the host-character, but the mage in the library doesn't because he is not able to get down the stairs (my host-char did recruit Madora in the tavern) - so he could only join if the host got to the library himself
or like we did: the main char did flee a combat (scarlett and Madora at his side) but only the host char with Madora got to the other companion mage in the library still in combat mode scralett had also to flee to get back together!
Posted By: BelialRus Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 12:10 AM
Bugs:
- Heroes get randomly ressurected during combat
- Sometimes corpses of dead heroes disappear after combat, making further gameplay impossible
- Enemy archers will try to atack you even through obstacles, always missing
- Enemy Giant Orc will always skip turns
- Item disappear bug
- Music layover bug
- Certain equipment doesnt display on characters (naked look)

Fixes:
- Companion abilities do not match their level (ex: Madora gets Phoenix Dive at lvl3, which is lvl5 skill)
- Quest log displays in an order you discover stuff, not in an order quest should progress (Ex: If you visit mortician first it is the first record for the quest)
- Combat option "flee" is exploitable. You can kill off enemies one by one, fleeing after each kill.
- Load times are obnoxious even on high end PC.
- Some descriptions are missing or incomplete (alpha?)

Suggestions:
- Make numerical life bars visible (no way to tell how much health you or your enemy has)
- AOE CC spells like Fear are imbalanced (low level AOE Crowd Control that lasts through turns?)
- Make companion portraits targetable for friendly-targeted spells like regenerate, ressurect or teleport
- No way to recover companion health except "regenerate", which is very time consuming at higher levels.
- Healing potions are imbalanced (cooldown and "heal over time" would be nice instead of infinite instant recovery)
- Loot is generated per save, exploit-happy.
- It is possible to craft extremely high level items regardless of your crafting skills.
- Skillbooks not showing spell descriptions
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 12:21 AM
- Make numerical life bars visible (no way to tell how much health you or your enemy has)

That's intended, you need points in Loremaster, then hold Ctrl and mouse over the enemy to see the numerical value of their health.

- Loot is generated per save, exploit-happy.

No easy solution for that, probably not worth fixing. If someone wants to save/load a thousand times before opening each of the 10,000 crates they see, that's their own foolishness.

- x:108, y:171 fight: a zombie was able to use it’s poisonspray ability through a wall. EDIT: Correction: All spells can be cast through walls. A mage tried to silence Scarlett through a wall (and she made her save), so I had Jahal shoot blitzbolt at an archer through a wall and he also hit.

- Flare is listed as doing a total of 17-19 damage divided over 2 projectiles… so why is it doing things like 13 + 15 damage? 26-28 is more than 19.

- I teleported a zombie farther away. Once its turn came back up though, it appeared at the spot where I teleported it FROM and it ended up a couple steps closer. I think that was just some kind of display error, and it actually did properly move from where I teleported it to its final position.

- Ice surfaces don’t go away after a while like the other surfaces. (Note: when they do, maybe they should first become water and then the water goes away?)

- The icon for Thread is incorrect and uses the icon for Needle and Thread.

- I thought the map resetting after leaving the homestead was supposed to be fixed? It isn’t and still resets.

- I reported this already, but after further experimentation I determined that the Regenerate spell works for 3 ticks of healing on Roderick and Scarlett, but only 2 ticks of healing on Madora and Jahal.
Posted By: Exsilium Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 12:58 AM
CRAFTING
========
I have been randomly, but consistently, crashing before the crafting action progress bar fills. Everything from using an anvil to cooking a fish (both using world objects) to combining items in my inventory.

I haven't been able to repeat it reliably to determine cause. For example, I cooked a fish on a portable kitchen and didnt crash, but immediately after cooked another fish on the same portable kitchen and it caused the game to crash.

QUESTING
========
Was able to ask questions about the Staff quest even though I hadn't spoke to the mayor yet to obtain the quest to find it.

PATHFINDING
===========
Twice I have had to individually walk each of the four members of my party out of a building because they couldnt seem to walk past a door and follow the leader.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 01:02 AM
You triggered the crafting bug where if you craft something that stacks it will crash the game.

Do you have another save where you know about the staff? Sometimes the game will show options or have dialogues that you knew from a previous save.
Posted By: BelialRus Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 01:08 AM
Actually I just remembered, that sometimes Regenerate spell doesnt last through turns.
Occrued to me many times, when enemy "rain" spell was active, maybe "wet" effect replaced regeneration effect.
Posted By: GDwarf Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 01:39 AM
Just loaded a quicksave inside the barracks and Aureus appears to be stuck in place. He tries to walk, but just ends up "stuttering" and rotating without actually moving.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 02:06 AM
Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Low / Medium

Path finding can trigger "rubber banding" and character warping if combined with a stealing / illegal trigger. This is most notable in Esmeralda's shop, where once you have accessed the shop via the back door (flagged illegal space) but leave by the front entrance, companions can/will repeatedly attempt to leave via the back door, which then triggers the automatic NPC "caught stealing" dialogue pop-up.

This leads to you auto-warping back into the shop, and a large negative reaction penalty being applied, merely for walking out the correct door.

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Low

Alt-tabbing out of the game sets your keyboard to an EU variant. i.e. SHIFT+2 becomes @, not " and so on. Not sure why the game is altering the keyboard default, but there you go.

p.s.

The lack of a toggle for "Follow me" or "stay here" is totally bizarre, especially since the mechanics of the pyramid encourage teleporting. Not being able to tell a character to stand still = most frustrating. Make it like Ultima VI / VII please.
Posted By: BelialRus Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 02:44 AM
Bugs:
- Game loves to crash on reloads

Fixes:
- When you try to steal something twice and get caught, person caught you stealing runs away. This may cause you to lose crucial NPC's
- Frost Breath spell is obviously bugged, the damage is dealt multiple times to same targets.

- Ability targeting system seem to be off. AOE highlights never work as suggested.
Ex:
Fireball spell explodes in the middle of your party
All AOE spells DO NOT hit as highlighted, missing randomly or hitting other targets
Flare spell, for instance has this issue too, but poison dart never misses.

Suggestion:
- Speed up combat somehow. Probably both combat speed needs increase and all characters HP needs to be lower. large battles are very monotonous as of now.

Steam User:
Doesnt "unlink" option that is explained in the beggining of the game not solve the "unfollow" problem?
Posted By: GoodGuyA Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 03:37 AM
I seem to have gotten caught in the Shelter Plane. None of the accessible Waypoints (of which there are 2, two for Hall of Heroes and back, and the Observatory and back) allow either me or my friend to exit the plane. Are we just doing this wrong? What's the issue?

The return to homestead button doesn't work, if it's supposed to. Also, curiously, Madora won't talk to us regardless of the fact that she has an exclamation point. Anyone know what's up?
Posted By: JFSeiki Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 03:47 AM
The exclamation mark above her head I have managed to duplicate when she has something to say but you quick save or save before talking to her, upon reloading it doesn't go away, you might have enabled it in another manner but that's almost a 100% chance for it to happen, it does disappear after a while, but no set time that I've seen or specific event for it to stop.
Posted By: GDwarf Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 03:48 AM
Upon loading a saved game my partner won't follow me automatically. I have to switch control to them, at which point following works again.
Posted By: BelialRus Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 03:52 AM
- In an orc cave (with Undead pirates) during fight with Source Abomination Madora got randomly teleported.

- A lot of dialogues trigger even if the cause for them is gone. Ex: same location as above, when you walk into oil barrels and explode it with something like Fireball , the oil and barrels are gone, but your character will still talk "so much oil", when you descend
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 03:56 AM
Originally Posted by GoodGuyA
I seem to have gotten caught in the Shelter Plane. None of the accessible Waypoints (of which there are 2, two for Hall of Heroes and back, and the Observatory and back) allow either me or my friend to exit the plane. Are we just doing this wrong? What's the issue?

The exit to the world is in the Observatory, not the main room. There should be a "Waypoint Portal" in the Observatory that you can use to return to the world.
Posted By: GoodGuyA Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 04:09 AM
Originally Posted by Stabbey

The exit to the world is in the Observatory, not the main room. There should be a "Waypoint Portal" in the Observatory that you can use to return to the world.

We tried that. The portal exists, but it does not allow us to interact with it. We tried verifying game files, but that did not bring back the functionality.
Posted By: Raze Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 04:28 AM

Did you talk to Zixzax again, etc, and see if that will enable the observatory waypoint? Can you use the teleporter stone from the homestead? (I never tried that)
Posted By: Exsilium Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 04:32 AM
I have been able to reproduce the crashed caused when crafting! I think there are multiple issues, but below are two of them.

ISSUE #1
========
I had a stack of 3 wheat. Ground 1 wheat via motar/pestle into flour. Repeated the process with the 2nd wheat and it crashed the game.

Reloaded the game and repeated the process and it crashed at exactly the same point. It is my belief that it is crashing when it tries to put the result, in this case flour, into a stack of existing flour.

I have seen this before when cooking fish and when the meal goes into an existing stack it crashes.

EDIT: I have been able to further verify this by reloading again and this time moving the first flour to different character, and each time moving the result to a different character allowing me to process all the flour.

ISSUE #2
========
I have also been able to reproduce another crash when dragging a branch around in the world, in this case looking to see if it will interact with objects, and when I dont find anything it will interact with I put it back onto itself in the inventory... which starts a crafting action... and crashes. I assume this is because its an invalid action.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 04:34 AM
Originally Posted by Exsilium
I have been able to reproduce the crashed caused when crafting! I think there are multiple issues, but below are two of them.

ISSUE #1
========
I had a stack of 3 wheat. Ground 1 wheat via motar/pestle into flour. Repeated the process with the 2nd wheat and it crashed the game.

Reloaded the game and repeated the process and it crashed at exactly the same point. It is my belief that it is crashing when it tries to put the result, in this case flour, into a stack of existing flour.

I have seen this before when cooking fish and when the meal goes into an existing stack it crashes.

ISSUE #2
========
I have also been able to reproduce another crash when dragging a branch around in the world, in this case looking to see if it will interact with objects, and when I dont find anything it will interact with I put it back onto itself in the inventory... which starts a crafting action... and crashes. I assume this is because its an invalid action.

Both are well documented, known bugs, that are high priority to Larian. One is caused by crafting stackable items and the other is trying to craft an item with itself.
Posted By: GoodGuyA Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 04:39 AM
Originally Posted by Raze

Did you talk to Zixzax again, etc, and see if that will enable the observatory waypoint? Can you use the teleporter stone from the homestead? (I never tried that)

Yes, we have tried exhausting all of his dialogue options. What is the teleporter stone? If it's not accessible from the plane, then I'm afraid we don't have it. If it's the Homestead button, then we have all ready tried that.
Posted By: Exsilium Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 04:39 AM
Originally Posted by Exsilium

ISSUE #1
========

ISSUE #2
========

Both are well documented, known bugs, that are high priority to Larian. One is caused by crafting stackable items and the other is trying to craft an item with itself.

Figures, I was so proud of myself too frown I read all through this thread and didnt see anything on them... oh well.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 04:40 AM
Originally Posted by GoodGuyA

Yes, we have tried exhausting all of his dialogue options. What is the teleporter stone? If it's not accessible from the plane, then I'm afraid we don't have it. If it's the Homestead button, then we have all ready tried that.

After trying to use the Waypoint in the Observatory you should get a red teleporter pyramid. Check your inventory for it.

@Exsilium I know I've posted about it a lot because crafting is something I've done a lot of. It may not be as prevalent in this thread as the other thread we had for bugs in previous build. Will be nice when it's fixed.
Posted By: GoodGuyA Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 04:51 AM
After trying to use the Waypoint in the Observatory you should get a red teleporter pyramid. Check your inventory for it.
'Fraid that isn't the case. Tried it with all four characters and it wasn't in any of their inventories.
Posted By: gbnf Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 06:16 AM
Tried to purchase Fortifying Leather Boots & Well Made Bonnet of Skill for 165 gold from Esmeralda and she said that my offer insults her even though that was the listed price. Did this with both Roderick & Scarlett. I offered all the gold I had at the time (215) for the two items & she still said the offer insulted her. At the time I had neutral attitude with her (0), now it's -2

PS: the "Fortifying Leather Boots" seem to be the issue, I was able to purchase the Well Made Bonnet of Skill with no problem, but the same issue came up when I tried to purchase the boots
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 06:17 AM
Interesting bug: In a fight, I teleported a skeleton mage. The next turn was a skeleton archer, who attacked and killed the mage. It is slightly possible that he was meaning to attack Madora who was kinda nearby and sort-of between the mage and the archer, but I doubt it, archers hit what they aim for.

If you teleport a party member who is in the “downed” state after falling on ice, they stay downed even after teleporting and don’t get up. I'm not 100% sure on this bug, it might have been the giant robot standing on my corpse, although I don't think that's allowed to stop you from getting up.

I also got the red portraits for party members thing. I think after leaving the Homestead, Madora's portrait turned red. I clicked on her portrait a couple times, and that turned everyone ELSE's portrait red. I also lost the icons for the status effects when that happened as well. The skill icons were fine, though.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 06:21 AM
There is line of sight for archers. I had it where I was trying to attack the source abomination when it was downed yet it kept hitting the summoned crab in front of it. So it is likely the mage got in the way.
Posted By: venome35 Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 12:32 PM
Razen

In the trade window are you hitting the balance icon to equal out the value in gold? Does the NPC have enough to cover the difference?

If the seller is 'insulted' by your offer of the asking price, do they have a low opinion of you? (shown below their name and level on mouse over)
----------------------------------

Yeah you were right i made a mistake, it wasn't a bug
Posted By: venome35 Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 02:43 PM
Another one :
When i learned resurrect spell with Scarlett, it didn't appeared in my list of spells.
Posted By: Benwa69 Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 02:49 PM
Can pull the chain apart from their pictures and they won't follow each other
Posted By: Benwa69 Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 03:01 PM
Question - Still can't load any save -fast save or regular save - deleted and re-installed entire game still nothing - tried using the EOP exe app as well - still causes error crash - have seen it in other threads but some seem to have been able to play after the EOP fix - is this still a known problem? are there fixes in the works? - enjoying the play but keep trying to save so I can do stupid things and then have to start over
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by venome35
Another one :
When i learned resurrect spell with Scarlett, it didn't appeared in my list of spells.

It appears under the survivalist tab in her skill menu, which is a bug but a minor one.

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Low

You can use the quest item "bloody dagger" to craft unlimited free spears from branches; since it is a quest item, it isn't used up in the process. Tested x3.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 04:35 PM

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Low

You can use the quest item "bloody dagger" to craft unlimited free spears from branches; since it is a quest item, it isn't used up in the process.

Daggers, axes, knives, hammers aren't used up while crafting. Just the item (branch, log, animal hide, etc)
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 07:13 PM

Daggers, axes, knives, hammers aren't used up while crafting. Just the item (branch, log, animal hide, etc)

Think about what you just wrote for a second, and then wonder why I specified / was testing only daggers here.

Hint:

log + sharp metal axe = firewood + axe

branch + sharp metal thing = stick with sharp pointy tip attached to it, otherwise known as a spear

They're not the same class of crafting. If this is the case for all daggers, then they're in the wrong type of crafting subcategory. i.e. should be in the class where both items are used up.

However, it's still the case that a quest object shouldn't have the vanilla item tags, in case of selling etc.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 07:25 PM
A spear is also just a stick with a sharpened end. Doesn't have to be a metal tip on the end. You can't sell quest items so that isn't an issue.
Posted By: jchavanel Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 07:49 PM
Ok, my time of humble contribution:

Inventory:

when reaching a number of items superior to limit, new items are not refused but placed within inventory in non reachable area. They can still be seen from trading interface, but no longer in regular inventory.
Of course, it happened to me whit quest items so I can no longer finish main quest...

Craft:

same bug as reported: when dismantling some item in furnace (hand axe), game crashed. Seems caused by non stackable crafted items.

Not a bug:
swapping items from one inventory to one of a companion is far from user friendly. Contextual shortcut would be welcomed (ctr + click or something similar)

I would welcome as well the opportunity to swap companiongs while inside trading interface (did not find the option if there is one)

Posted By: venome35 Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 09:35 PM
Thx for the answer "steamuser".
I think there is another one with the main quest. I can't buy smelly items to bring them to the dog at the cemetery. I can't identify the suspect one.
Posted By: Dr Koin Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 10:52 PM

Think about what you just wrote for a second, and then wonder why I specified / was testing only daggers here.

[etc]

Apart from sounding a bit obnoxious, you actually didn't specified anything about testing daggers only...
However, a common dagger won't get used too, which is, indeed, probably not intended. So yeah, that's still a bug.

Thx for the answer "steamuser".
I think there is another one with the main quest. I can't buy smelly items to bring them to the dog at the cemetery. I can't identify the suspect one.

I think this is perfectly normal actually : you can't expect people to just sell you their private, smelly clothes... Panties, socks, rings, scarf, etc.
Victoria also "sells" her medallion the same way.

My guess is that they are shown only to give a hint. This was a common thing to do in old RPGs. There are probably other ways to get them. I didn't find how in my playthrough, but I reckon a good ol' pickpocket could do just fine. I'm just not sure pickpocket is actually available...

As for myself :

- [Sound, minor bug] In some areas of the game, music, as well as combat or walk sounds, will just stop. Ambient sounds will keep playing.

- [Ability] I mentionned Charm earlier. Looks like it sometimes works correctly and the target don't just stay there doing nothing but actually moves around and fights. I believe the reason my Charms never worked is because I was the client, and the 'passive control' of the target can only be given to the host. In short, the charmed monster is just ignored by the game until the charm breaks, or something.

- [Script, minor bug] Some strange script behaviours near the end in Evelyn's lab.
Roderick Host started the first room fight, I got in late. Once I hit the top of the stairs leading to the actual room, the "welcome" dialogue started playing for me, regardless of the fact that Roderick already had gone through it.
By that time I was in the "desync" zone, where I was seeing roderick idle at the entrance no matter what his player was doing. So maybe my client hadn't registered that a main character already had triggered the event.

Also, still on scripts behaviour, I, as Scarlett-client, took point and opened the second door ( leading to the actual evelyn fight ). Fight started against the minions. I walked in to get a better position, Evelyn's dialogue started. Then my turn was automatically resolved and I got pushed back to the end of the list. I had only spent a few points to move, sad panda.
Posted By: Texoru Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 20/01/14 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by EyeGuy
Originally Posted by Texoru

There're 2 config files, 1 under player and 1 under Eoc. Change the mouse button assignment in default to swap the in game functions.

Thanks for the reply, it worked I changed the input config from the Eoc folder. Thanks so much!

Posted By: DrugstoreMT Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 21/01/14 12:17 AM
You can drag and drop inventory items from your inventory to the portraits of your henchmen/co op player. Works even if your very far away from each other.

I have also noticed that those things on NPC's that they wont sell are usually quest items or probably items you would get for killing them. But like the wizard in the upstairs of the guards place has the remote on him. He will give it to you later on for the quest involving it.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 21/01/14 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by DrugstoreMT
You can drag and drop inventory items from your inventory to the portraits of your henchmen/co op player. Works even if your very far away from each other.

That's working as intended.

I have also noticed that those things on NPC's that they wont sell are usually quest items or probably items you would get for killing them. But like the wizard in the upstairs of the guards place has the remote on him. He will give it to you later on for the quest involving it.

Oh, he'll give it to you once the quest starts? That's a good idea, better than letting you buy it at the harbour entrance.
Posted By: venome35 Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 21/01/14 02:29 AM
Ok thx Dr Koin
Posted By: Larzare Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 21/01/14 07:47 AM
So has the "walking through faded out doors" already been mentioned?

I noticed this particular bug in the first version and thought that it is really obvious and will get fixed pretty quick but it is still around.

It basically works like this: doors, gates etc. are faded out and not computed when both characters have a specific distance between them. But you can set a waypoint into rooms/buildings with locked/closed doors and these doors will not be rechecked/recalculated for the waypoint even if the character is getting closer and doors are faded in. This leads to the character walking through the door and basically getting trapped if you do't have a key or lockpicking.

I made a small youtube-video, switch annotations on for better info on what I'm doing/wanting to say:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHvPuHSsxvs

I haven't read through every post. It might have been mentioned already!
Posted By: Deithrian Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 21/01/14 08:11 AM
I'm sorry I don't have the time to read if this one has been mentioned.

Bug: While solving the murder case.
- I had the buried sheep in inventory and was talking with the Mortician.
- I choose to "Reason" with him and the option was that I will "give the money he gained to the woman he stole the sheep from" and he agreed.
- After that, it all goes wrong. One party member criticizes me for taking the gold for myself, which was not the intent, there's no option to mention that we are giving the gold to the lady who lost a sheep.
- When you speak with the woman with the lost sheep, there's no option in the dialog to "give her the monies" and she goes to report the Mortician and the Mortician gets jailed.

I hope you will fix this. smile
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 21/01/14 01:37 PM
I referred to the "smelly" items previously, but since I've not kept saves, I'd have to do another play through to test it properly. However, it appears that the class of items hasn't got enough dialogue options with Murphy:

Smelly Panties - works
Smelly Boots - doesn't have dialogue flags / triggers
Smelly Scarf - doesn't have dialogue flags / triggers and I suspect if it did, and you pick-pocketed the item early, you could break the quest (because the person who drops the item is the culprit). The real bug here is that the item still drops when the NPC in question has already been revealed - the item should get pruned on the trigger / flag of her final battle dialogue.

There's a few more "smelly" items, but they also look unimplemented. Ideally, each would trigger a response from Murphy, and eliminate suspects. e.g. a smelly handkerchief in Cecil's locked chambers etc etc. Again, ideally, you'd then face explaining your suspicions to the already cynically dismissive commander as coming from Jake's pet dog (lot of potential for humour there... "Sooo, great and powerful source investigator, I'm arresting prominent members of the community based on your claims to be speaking to Jake's pet mutt? Guards, through these imposters in jail!").

File under "not complete". TBH, without access to the dialogue trees, this is all stuff that can only be done "in house", and isn't really useful for alpha testers outside of the code loop.

~~~

Bug - Content

Priority - Low

Basement of the lighthouse & upstairs of the inn share the same level/map (weee! I remember doing this, but with LoS tricks meaning you could look out of the windows, 7 tiles of copy/pasted lower level as an illusion, but I digress), however the inn is visible from the lighthouse. Needs shunting a few tiles NW.

Tested: you can leave a character in the upstairs of the inn, and teleport to them from the lighthouse basement using the pyramids. Kinda funky - but begs the question:

If teleports are map based, what kind of damage can you do? i.e. pretty sure you could hang the client (see above - chars zoning into basements cause inescapable hangs, c.f. cook) and/or get into some heinous rubber-banding (player warping).
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 21/01/14 06:06 PM
- Ice Shard seems to hit each target 5 times, forcing them to save against freezing five times. I know it can pierce, but I'm not sure that this spell is intended to hit each target five times.

- When you throw Ismashell into the sea, his “The sea, where every wave feels like a mermaid’s kiss” dialogue follows the toss right off screen. I guess that’s a consequence of making the dialogue stick with the speaker, but in this case, it’s hard to read it because it goes completely off the screen.
Posted By: venome35 Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 21/01/14 08:14 PM
New bug :
Since the update, i can't recruit Madora.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 22/01/14 04:48 AM
Since the update the crafting bug for stackable items is gone. However, it has had drastic affect on the crafting. Here's some of the things I have found that no longer work or work in mysterious ways.

Some of the items will only craft when placed a certain way. Unsure if that is intentional. A few things seem to not work as intended.
Works unidirectional:
Potato + knife = Cold fries Potato to Knife only
Mortar and pestle + bones of any kind = Pouch (of crushed bones?) mortar and pestle to bone only
Dough + Apple = Apple Pie Dough dough to apple only
Thread + Needle = Needle and thread needle to thread only
Animal hide + knife = Leather scraps hide to knife only
Pillow + knife = Feather pillow to knife only
Axe + log = wooden chips log to axe only
Pumpkin + knife = Pumpkin helmet pumpkin to knife only
Log + knife = Wooden stake log to knife only
Feather + knife = Quill works only on companions???
Crafts with itself:
Wool + wool = yarn works with having only one wool
Yarn + yarn = rope works with having only one yarn
Sinew + Sinew = bow string Works with having only one sinew
Minor healing potion + minor healing potion = medium healing potion Can be made using only one potion
Branch + Branch = Quarterstaff Can be done with only one branch.
Not Working:
Tooth + knife = Arrowhead BROKEN
Augmentor + Any Potion = Raises Potion Level (minor > medium > large) BROKEN

EDIT: When carrying containers, barrels, baskets, and crates you can only open them in your inventory when close to the spot you picked them up. Otherwise you must drop it before it can be opened from inventory.
Posted By: Drakz Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 22/01/14 10:01 AM
Part of the quest involving the crowd pleaser after giving him the 6 gold it updates the log saying you have paid him but does not finish and he keeps asking for 6 gold.
Posted By: venome35 Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 22/01/14 01:31 PM
At the end of the quest "the lost archaeologue", characters are teleported randomly on the map.
Posted By: jchavanel Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 22/01/14 08:06 PM
General Bug:

not sure whether it was reported yet: if it happens that main characters die (scarlett & rodrick) but not a third companion and you go into the imp world (sorry, don't remember the name yet), you got stuck there since the imp refused to talk to underlings...
Posted By: Raze Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 22/01/14 09:17 PM

Both main characters dying should give a game over message; it just hasn't been implemented yet.
Posted By: jchavanel Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 22/01/14 09:34 PM
Latest update bug:

healing quest at thelarion's is totally scrambled (first time I speak to evelyn, she mention that both injured buddies will die and the stuff about us absorbing stone's power). Besides, asking about evelyn's triggers (falsely) main quest follow-up with back-pack mention ("she left in a hurry" etc...) but Evelyn still being present.

If we save the ship from fire, the three sailors at the end of the dock are just thanking us and usual jobless quest does not trigger any longer.
Posted By: venome35 Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 23/01/14 01:03 AM
In coop mode, Zixzax doesn't appear
Posted By: Sily Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 23/01/14 02:02 AM
I bet this has been reported before.
Lightning Strike?

In our fight with thugs at x72 y362, my coop partner used Lightning Strike (as Scarlett) against the thugs. The spell animation was correct and all, but then Scar just casually slided her way to the enemies on my screen. AFter the fight, she got stuck in some idle animation, and even if she moves around, I don't see it (On my screen she's stuck in an idle pose, standing in place. If she moves, and I teleport there, the model is still stuck in the place where it got stuck.) This bug is however only on my side. My coop partner says everything works fine on her end. Saving and loading fixed the problem.

----

After saving and loading, another battle at x53 y330 caused the same problem. Scarlett is happily sliding around. I guess this is the Lightning strike spell bugging on us.

----

Can provide screenshots and video if wanted. Tell me where to host it and you have it.

----

However, venome35 above me said Zixzax dosn't appear. We had no such bug. All the quests have so far worked surprisingly smoothly.

----

Is it intentional that waypoint shrine at x 18 y 360 cannot be used?
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 23/01/14 04:39 AM
In coop mode, Zixzax doesn't appear

Sorry if you know this already, but just to be sure this is a bug, but...

The patch after the break changed how he appears: either visit the Crime Scene room or make a decision about the two sick patients at Thelyron's clinic, right?

You need to do one or both of those things before Zixzax can appear. Before then, he won't appear if you leave town.
Posted By: venome35 Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 23/01/14 08:21 AM
Ok thanks a lot Stabbey. Didn't know this.
Posted By: krist2 Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 23/01/14 11:10 AM
v 1.0.95.0

When I try to enter or leave the tavern only the character I'm controlling enters/leaves. The 3 others just stand still by the door. Have to manually move each of them out/in.
Edit: hmm, no it works again..

I also have a game now where I didn't get the teleporter stone after my first visit to the homestead.
It can be that my inventory was full at the time.. So some sort of warning should be given.

One more thing:
At some of the waypoints you the character goes to the "back" of the waypoint to travel. Would be better if the character entered from the side that is closest.
Posted By: Shadely Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 23/01/14 09:21 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if this were already reported but thought I'd mention it just in case...

When selling to the vendors in the market, the item is always taken but no gold is received by either character and the vendor gold on hand remains the original amount.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 23/01/14 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Shadely
Wouldn't be surprised if this were already reported but thought I'd mention it just in case...

When selling to the vendors in the market, the item is always taken but no gold is received by either character and the vendor gold on hand remains the original amount.

Are you using the scale/balance button before selling items?
Posted By: Shadely Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 23/01/14 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Shadely

Are you using the scale/balance button before selling items?

Aha! I did not. Just started playing last night. So thanks for the heads up!

It seems like an unnecessary step, however. Unless there is more functionality planned for the scale button? I didn't even notice it until I saw your reply, it seems that automatically adding the vendor gold along with the item in the trade window would be more user friendly for new players unfamiliar with the UI, like myself. wink
Posted By: ForkTong Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 23/01/14 10:34 PM
It's bartering. You can try to pay less than what they want.

You can also give people stuff without wanting anything back to boost their attitude.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 23/01/14 10:35 PM
Well if you offend vendors and people you can give them gifts by just giving them items for free. It's a mechanic that has been in other Divinity games. I would hope that they will add a tutorial to the selling part for newer players.
Posted By: Shadely Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 23/01/14 10:41 PM
Ah, ok. But that wasn't immediately clear to me, as a new player. When I got the pop up that the trade was successful and yet found no gold in the inventories, it was a head scratcher for me, so I thought it might be a bug.

So even though it wasn't a bug, hopefully this feedback will be helpful, nonetheless. smile
Posted By: Dexyd Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 23/01/14 10:48 PM
If i extinguish the flames of the boat that is burning in the harbour, before I get i to the city, the quest still gets triggered when i enter the city. but there ar no flames. dunno if i can extinguish none existing flames.
Posted By: Shadely Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 23/01/14 10:50 PM
Well if you offend vendors and people you can give them gifts by just giving them items for free. It's a mechanic that has been in other Divinity games. I would hope that they will add a tutorial to the selling part for newer players.

Definitely good to know, thanks. I played Divine Divinity a long, long time ago but must have completely forgotten about the barter mechanic because nothing jogged my memory while interacting with a the vendors.
Posted By: dakkai Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 24/01/14 02:07 AM
- Inventory weight doesn't seem to have any effect
- Rosy Cheeks and Fleet Footed talents seem to be identical
- Talent tooltips in the character creation screen are positioned weird and don't emcompass the whole word like stat and ability tooltips
- A lot of town NPC's besides guards only do 1 damage
- Interrupting crafting by moving the character cancels the progress bar, but the craft still completes
- Gold piles in harbor treasure room only give 1 gold
- The Fireball scroll seems to be the only scroll with an Intelligence requirement
- Pressure plate in Tavern basement doesn't do anything?
- If you fail the quest "The Philosopher", the journal update states that a fight should start. It does not.
-
When mortician is arrested, the guard enters from the bedroom. They then both leave through the bedroom

- After retrieving Arhu Sparkmaster 5000 Universal Controller, you get a message about a journal update. There is none
- Teleportation scroll is mislabeled "Teleportation Free Fall"
- Battle ends if the only remaining enemies are charmed. When charm wears off shortly after, combat starts again
- If you ignore the burning ship and head into town, you get a message that journal is updated. There is none. I assume this is the entry about the ship being destroyed but you don't even have the quest in your journal.
-
When you tell the captain to release Esmeralda from prison, he runs into the wall to "exit". After the event in the prison and he returns to his room, you cannot interact with him anymore

- Healing spell animation continues to fire for dead characters

Posted By: Shadoworg Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 24/01/14 02:58 PM
Purchased Robe that works but is not visible as being worn on the character. Looks like He is running around in his underwear.
Posted By: fenikske Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 24/01/14 06:19 PM
A major bug (yes I know it's allready mentionned but it's a real pain in the ass) is the following:

"Scrolling problem still isn't fixed, the skill bar, the minimap and the party roster (during combat) still prevent your cursor from scrolling in their general area."

There is a new game update but that problem is still not fixed.

It would be nice to know which bugs are spotted by larian by this channel and which ones they allready are working on.
Posted By: NomekSan Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 24/01/14 06:27 PM
Got the following issue:

One of my companions died during a fight. She died while lying on the ground because of ice. So to rescue her, I revived her, healed her a few times and used the spell (forgot the name) which teleports a target which results in fall damage to get her out of the ice area.

The whole time, the character was lying on the ground and she would not stand up. She was outside the ice area and should have been able to stand up. The only way to get her beeing able to act was to escape the fight, punch her to death again and revive her.
Maybe I'm missing sth. but I think this should not be possible.

In addition: I think that ice spells which creates an ice surface are way to powerful. I was able to control a really large group of orks for countless rounds ( I only fled from the fight because of the above issue) only using ice golems and their ice walls.

Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 24/01/14 07:56 PM
Yeah, when you teleport a character who is downed, they won't get up ever. That's a bug.

The ice surfaces are quite powerful, but I think that's in part because the ones from a golem and ice wall are bugged and last a lot longer than they should.
Posted By: NomekSan Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 24/01/14 08:03 PM
Yes, thats what I thaught. My ice field just became bigger and bigger and nothing was gone after about 30 rounds I think. At this point there is nearly no way to cross it because you fall an almost every turn when crossing ice laugh
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 24/01/14 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by NomekSan
Yes, thats what I thaught. My ice field just became bigger and bigger and nothing was gone after about 30 rounds I think. At this point there is nearly no way to cross it because you fall an almost every turn when crossing ice laugh

Using rain will help melt the ice.
Posted By: Pointman Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 24/01/14 08:49 PM
Hello everyone.
Stumbled upon a rather nasty bug, after I finish dialog (see screenshot) the game crashes to the desktop. Quest can not be completed. Game Version v1.0.102
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dakkai Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 25/01/14 12:56 AM
- Maybe not a bug but just something I thought I would point out as I found it odd.
Three out of four statue demons are healed by fire spells. The other elements work as I expected they would and only heal their respective demon. Maybe it's just because they are demons :P

- Can only equip one ring at a time. I assume that second slot is for rings?

- The pressure plate in the room for the quest "Another Crazed Mage" doesn't do anything despite what dialog says

- The parchment droppped by the orc shortly after entering the Black Cove, which is readable, could use a different name than "Parchment". Easy to mix up with regular "Parchment" ingredient item.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 25/01/14 04:49 AM
- Graphics Bug: When an enemy attacks the Ice Elemental (whether it hits or misses), that produces a graphical glitch where the experience bar shifts to the left. It fixes itself later on, though.

- Version 1.0.102 - I spotted Scarlett as having a health of 65… out of 62. I don’t know why. Maybe because I loaded a saved game from v99? She was wearing only her starting gear. Other party members also can have health greater than their maximum.

- Bug: I was trading with Arhu. I split one Resurrection scroll off of Arhu’s stack, and the price was 151 gold. I could get the spellbook for that price, so I hit the close button. After that “Romantic +1” popped up over Scarlett (I’d split her off from the party).

- Bug: When attempting to Phoenix Dive with Madora from an outdoor area to inside a building, the damage went off on the enemies, but she seemed to stayewhere she was, until her turn ended, and then she appeared where she landed. Similar things have happened in co-op as well, but since that was entirely outside, the roof probably isn’t the issue.
Posted By: Dracarius Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - Sound Problems - 25/01/14 04:59 AM

Not sure if it's been addressed, but whenever I enter battle, I get both the "battle music" and the "general" music over top of one another.

Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - Sound Problems - 25/01/14 05:44 AM
Okay, I've completed my extensive tests of the Regenerate Spell:

Regenerate heals the target three times if:
- The target of Regenerate is the caster, Roderick, or Scarlett
- If the caster is Madora and the target is Jahan

Regenerate heals the target only twice if:
- Roderick or Scarlett cast it on Madora or Jahan.
- If the caster is Jahan and the target is Madora

Good luck figuring out that one, coders.
Posted By: dakkai Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - Sound Problems - 25/01/14 06:43 AM
The spell seems buggy in general. Sometimes I cast it and get the cooldown but no healing is received and no icon next to portrait.
Posted By: tetsuoinfernal07 Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 25/01/14 02:15 PM
Let me start by saying what a fantastic game even in Alpha, I've never played the previous Divine Divinity games but am sure to try them out given time.
I apologise if I might mention a bug or issue previously mentioned. The bugs are also in no particular order.
Starting Game
Priority - Low
- While loading a saved game does not take long (3-5 seconds), starting a new game takes a full minute.

Character Creation.
Priority - Medium
- While stats have descriptions, there are no statistical descriptions. Thus when choosing stats, players (unless already familiar with the statistics of the game) have no idea what difference they will have between having a stat of 5 , 6, 7 etc. This could be clarified either by giving a more detailed description in the highlighted tooltip itself or by providing another window that would display such statistics as "Vitality, Max Action Points, Action Points recovered per round, Initiative Bonus" etc at character creation as opposed to in game. This would allow people an understanding of how these stats will affect their skills without needing to replay through the starting sections again (and possible again and again) as they become more familiar with the statistics. [This is not to say that people won't be playing through the starting section again and again but at least if people can inspect their stats at the start, it will give a much more detailed understanding of just how it will affect them in game.
- The same statistical descriptions would be helpful for certain abilities and talents e.g. Fleet footed and Rosy-Cheeked, to see how those abilities actually differ from one another.
Priority - Low
- Under Abilities -> Wizard -> Sorcery, when highlighted it states "Sorcery determines..."
Priority - Low
- Under Abilities -> Survivor -> Way of the Ranger, when highlighted it states "Way of the Ranger is required for your levels your ranger skills and special arrows." I believe this should be "Way of the Ranger is required for your ranger skills and special arrows." This would put its description in line with the Way of the Warrior.
Priority - Low
- Under Abilities -> Survivor -> Crafting, when highlighted it states "Crafting determines the what you can craft and the quality of your crafted items." I believe this should be "Crafting determines what you can craft and the quality of your crafted items."
Priority - Low
- When highlighting Talents, the gray bar does not cover the entire word as it does under Abilities but rather covers only a portion of the word.
Priority - Low/Medium
- The stat Intelligence seems to only affect the number of ability points you can receive as well as acting as prerequisite for certain armours (as far as I have seen playing the game so far). Rather than necessarily adding more benefits to intelligence (such as spell power etc) why not instead use it as a prerequisite for learning spells. As it stands my Range is able to learn all the same magic's as my Wizard and is able to do the same amount of damage with no wizardly training or penalty apart from needing to pay a gold cost for the book. As far as I am aware, magic should be exclusive meaning that only the smartest and strong willed should be able to learn and cast spells from memory (scrolls I do not believe should be included as needing an intelligence requirement to cast from).

In Game Issues
Priority - Low
- I'm not sure whether this was intentional or not, but the shells at the beach do not becoming highlighted as items you can interact with when holding 'Alt'. I would also suggest removing the generic "Shell" tooltip from the shells that cannot be picked up in that case or to add some sort of short text (e.g. "This shell is far too big to carry home. Besides, it looks like something has already made a home for itself inside!")
Priority - Medium
- Moving the camera with use of the "W, A, S, D" and the arrow keys, the camera often simply stops moving and then refuses to respond. This can last a few key strokes or as long as a minute before it (miraculously) starts to work for a moment or two before again failing to move the camera. This seems to also function differently in various locations, with some locations scrolling around very easily and others 'bugging out' and not moving the camera at all for x amount of time.
Priority - Medium
- The Inventory tabs for Armour, Weapons, Potions etc do not work. The inventory sorting system at the moment also appears to be broken in a few respects. There does not appear to be a clear set amount you can carry and when you attempt to carry more (unique) items than you have character slots, any new items you pick up simply disappear (this happened to be during the Evelyn quest).
- Gold does not stack. This means that you often are having to sacrifice multiple inventory slots to gold coins in stacks of 2, 57, 103, 326, 41.
Priority - Low/High
- This next one is a personal pet peeve. I would REALLY like to be able to zoom out further, especially if I have a locked camera angle. Given the opportunity, I would love for the camera to be able to go completely around if possible. I'm sure there are many other people who would agree that the "360 degree view" is awesome for any RPG. As an example, Wasteland 2 does a brilliant job with regard to camera angles and the ability to swivel the camera around on the spot.
Priority - Medium
- After completing the quest for the three sailor brothers who were looking for work by recommending them to Captain Jack, Captain Jack was not to be found in the marketplace where he originally was located. When he was needed for the continuation of the Staff of Pergamon quest, he was no longer to be found at the Market place. I'm not aware if he's meant to change locations but I would assume he should still be found within the confines of the city to continue the quest.
Priority - Medium
- Inventory Space. This needs to have a set limit (that may or may not be increased through the use of bags, sacks, boxes etc) as at the moment the limit seems to increase continually until you start to pick up items that simply go nowhere.
Priority - Low
- In the first encounter with the crabs, if you simply run towards the crabs, rather than them engaging you in a fight (and thus getting first initiative) you always seem to get to attack first, even if you blindly blundered in. Surely, even crabs would get the upper hand on the first attack when some idiot tries to walk/run past them?
Priority - Medium
- This is only an opinion but I believe that Magic spells such as flare should require more AP or otherwise have prerequisites to cast (e.g. Intelligence 6, Willpower 1). This would allow 'smarter' characters to learn a little magic without being able to cast magic as powerfully as any wizard would, which is currently what the "Level requirement" system with spells allows. The level requirement for spells itself is NOT a bad thing, however I believe it would be more balanced to add additional prerequisites: The higher and harder the spell is to cast, the more intelligence and willpower is required.
- Another option would be to allow Intelligence to lower the AP cost of spells (although this would require all spells to have a higher base AP cost (e.g. Flare = 6 AP). For example, Intelligence could then lower the AP cost by 1 for every 2 points above the base intelligence required to cast magic (lets go with 5 being the lowest base stat at the moment). Thus with 9 intelligence the spell would only cost 4 AP. This would again give wizards an advantage when using magic and require a above average intelligence to make more effective use of magic. There would however need to be a Min AP Cap in place for all spells to avoid being able to cast every spell for 1 AP should someone be able to raise their intelligence high enough. E.g. Flare starts at 6AP to cast and can go as low as 3 AP if the character achieves an Intelligence of 11 or higher.
Priority - Low/Medium
- In the starting zone on the beach, at coordinates x:427 y:92 there is an archway in the wall that you cannot pass through.
Priority - Medium
- Let me start by saying that the ambient music is great as is the combat music but variety is the spice of life and hearing the same music tunes over and over again especially some of the, for want of a better word, blander ones, can cause a number of players simply to choose to turn the music off. What I would suggest (if at all possible) would be to add additional music that would play to give a subconscious lift of "freshness" to the player, as psychologically hearing the same sounds over and over again makes you first become more desensitised to them and then progress down the path of loathing.
Priority - Low
- Many of the shells you pick up at the beach have a "Use: 1 AP" in their description yet you cannot use them in the same way as other shells (for the temp +10 Water Resist) nor do they stack, instead taking an individual space with each shell.
Priority - Medium
- Unable to combine Explosive Arrowhead + Arrow Shaft.
Priority - Low
- Little to no descriptive qualities to new areas, interesting formations and architecture, wrecked ships on the beach etc. While the visuals are FANTASTIC, a short text description or even character commenting on what they see (the way that the companions you get do) would be fantastic and great for building atmosphere and character.
Priority - Med/High
- Wizards need balancing. Lessening the damage of their spells would not help nor would a flat AP increase or increased cooldown rotation. However, a mana pool would solve that problem somewhat. E.g. Base Mana pool for a Wizard is 100, a spell such as Flare costs 15 mana. Mana regens at 5 per round and you can sacrifice AP for a Mana recharge (possibly a new ability?), e.g. 3 AP for 35 Mana. Otherwise there is little incentive in playing a ranger/warrior beyond role playing as the wizard outshines both in terms of DPS, versatility and overall use and currently can easily learn to use weapons and armour as efficiently as any ranger/warrior.
Priority - Low
- Sneak outdoors gives you a plant/bushes behind which you hide. Great! Indoors however a different animation would be more appropriate such as a pot plant or box/crate.
Priority - Medium
- When single clicking on containers, occasionally they jump (as if click + dragged). This however sometimes leads to containers 'jumping' to an unreachable spot and thus unable to be looted.
Priority - Medium
- Saving during open world dialogue (text above heads) and reloading that spot causes the concerned npc's to go silent and non-interactable.
Posted By: NomekSan Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 25/01/14 04:42 PM
I'm following my last bug report here:

After solving the issue of my companion who was stuck on the ground I went back to the area:

I found a dungeon entrance guarded by an elite ork (I think, don't remember the name].

This guy didn't move or attack the whole time, he was just standing there so I was able to kill him without taking any damage.

Inside the dungeon on the top left area of the map I encountered a source abdominance. This guy seemed to be very powerful so I iced the area. He wasn't able to stand up the whole fight and it was really easy to beat him. He just got one hit on my ice elementar and killed him instantly.

I think if he had been able to stand up, he would have killed me in no time. I don't think this is supposed to happen.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 25/01/14 07:46 PM
Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Medium

If you attack NPCs from range with spells, and the NPC is set as "stationary", it seems fairly random if a combat is triggered; they will stand still taking damage. Having said that, NPCs who are supposed to trigger flags, e.g. the drunken guards, will switch into combat without triggering dialogue. Doing this to the drunken guards & killing the one on the left leaves the one on the right "incommunicado". i.e. doesn't respond to dialogue tooltip, although you can force combat in the same manner.

I've seen this mentioned for Evelyn in the healer's hall breaking the main quest progression. i.e. you won't be able to obtain her stone as she won't give you the options to heal either NPC.

Solution - quest specific NPCs should definitely force dialogue on taking damage.

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Low

Hostile mobs don't seem to target non-hostile combatants. In the first orc assault, the orcs will target you and ignore the green legionaries and you do not receive XP if the legionaries kill the orcs. This is opposed to Black Cove, where the orc<>undead battle works fine.

Solution - set friendly NPCs as temporary party members?

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - High

Fairly sure you can massacre the entire of the city abusing the infinite range of flare and never trigger any quest progression, but also never trigger being thrown into prison. This isn't that easy with level 1 chars, but I suspect it's doable.

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Low/Medium

Not being able to loot bodies is just plain weird, especially given the amount of containers lying around. Surely, on death, all NPCs / mobs should become containers? (With If Empty = Decay) This is notable in that weapons used by humanoid mobs have a seemingly random % at dropping - the orc from the 'buried brother' quest is a particular one; occasionally, you'll get a very nice weapon drop, but most of the time nothing at all.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 25/01/14 07:48 PM
You can do this with either guard, Junius or Bibius. I've posted video of me doing just this against Junius
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 25/01/14 08:01 PM
You can do this with either guard, Junius or Bibius. I've posted video of me doing just this against Junius

The point is that Junius is the trigger NPC for the quest; I suspect (and will go test) that killing Bibius won't impact anything at all.

[Edit]

If you kill Junius first, then Bibius (in separate combats), you get no inter-party dialogue (the golden ! = "Do you think we should have..." leading to +1 in traits); however, killing Bibius first, then Junius leads to it triggering.

Which is a bit odd.

On the other hand, if you do the same to the NPCs on the beach, on taking damage they spam you with a dialogue threat, but do not start combat, nor do they loose attitude, and are quite happy to have chats even after loosing 90% of health. On dying, the inter-party discussion about killing innocents does trigger.

So, basically - looks like DoS doesn't like the quest trigger NPC dying first.

Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 25/01/14 08:06 PM
You can kill Bibius and Junius doesn't react. No dialogue is initiated if you go up to him after.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 25/01/14 08:25 PM
You can kill Bibius and Junius doesn't react. No dialogue is initiated if you go up to him after.

See above; I'd already stated that dialogue doesn't start, it's the quest trigger I was looking for. Which does trigger if Junius is killed after Bibius, but not if Bibius survives him. Hint: there is no us and this isn't a pissing match.

Far more interesting is that it seems no-one has set 'team tags' for these early NPCs, unlike the Black Cove fight, which is why I mentioned it. Likewise, the guards on the beach don't seem to protect each other, which is a little broken. But yes, your earlier report made me investigate this a little more closely.

[Edit]

Attacking Arnu leads to combat being initiated instantly, and a hilariously short fight - interestingly, legionaries in range also join the fight correctly. So, his flags are set correctly and they're allied.
230 damage x4 ... which means that certain NPCs are set to "God-like" levels, preventing them being killed off. A bit cheesy but hey
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 26/01/14 02:15 AM
I kill Junius first and then Bibius and Scarlett and Roderick have conversation about killing innocents. I kill Bibius first and then Junius and Scarlett and Roderick have conversation about killing innocents. So I don't know why you aren't that's weird. I at first thought you meant the conversation about being off to see the wizard. One person said they were able to get that dialogue even though Bibius was killed. But I was unable to replicate. Don't understand what you mean by "there is no us and this isn't a pissing match." All I was doing was stating my findings in this matter. It was very similar to another one I had in a different thread. But yeah if I'm understanding you correctly now, you aren't getting the killing innocents dialogue after killing the guards in a certain order. But I got it both ways. So there's something strange going on there.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 26/01/14 04:18 AM
- The mage at the Tiny Twins burial mound spends most of his turns just pacing back and forth near the hatch, unsure what to do.

- I had trouble getting the zombie dog burial mound fight to trigger. One of my main characters was too far away to get the two-person version of the “is that a zombie dog” line, and then I did the escort quest, saved and quit. When I loaded, the zombie dog wouldn’t bark to trigger the fight. It didn’t react when I attacked it. It was only after I killed it that the fight triggered.

- The huge gold piles in the underground room are non-blocking.
Posted By: PUVer Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 26/01/14 05:16 AM
Trade with the undertaker does not work. Textures of interface disappear.
Posted By: dakkai Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 26/01/14 05:37 AM
Originally Posted by tetsuoinfernal07
I'm not aware if he's meant to change locations but I would assume he should still be found within the confines of the city to continue the quest

He is still within the city/harbor

Originally Posted by NomekSan
I think if he had been able to stand up, he would have killed me in no time. I don't think this is supposed to happen.

The elemental summons are just very weak at the moment and die quickly
Posted By: dakkai Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 26/01/14 06:02 AM
- Killing your own elemental summons grants experience. Should be obvious that this can be exploited.

- A "Backstab Failed" message is displayed when charming an enemy from behind wink

- Locked chests can be destroyed to get their loot. I don't know if this is intended but it diminishes the value of lockpicking. This also applies to some locked doors. One solution is to not have destroyed chests drop anything (The items were damaged in the destruction)

- Damage number text is not displayed if it was the killing blow

- When I load a quicksave, I get a message on screen about a trophy unlocked. There is nothing in the Trophy screen.

- On my current playthrough, all normal crabs enemies in the Black Cove were not attacking me. I purposefully skip turns to let them attack me and they would just run up to my characters and skip turn.

- When enemies are feared by the Fear spell, they will 'teleport' around the battlefield during their turn instead of fleeing normally.

- The silence spell graphic remains over the enemy after the effect ends or the enemy dies

- Some bonuses on items are not being correctly added. Examples are "Charm Quality: 1" on "Fortifying Bonnet" and "+ Initiative" on various chest armor pieces.

- On reload of a saved game, the experience bar will sometimes revert to a full state. When in combat and casting certain spells such as Inspire, the bar will update properly to where it should be.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 26/01/14 01:13 PM
Charm Quality does not boost the Charm skill. Charms are what Larian call things that can be socketed into equipment. That means that you can socket one bonus-granting item, called a "Charm" into that piece of gear.

Posted By: dakkai Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 26/01/14 02:15 PM
Ah ok, thanks for pointing that out. I assume those aren't in the game yet.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 26/01/14 09:22 PM
So in my attempt to rid Cyseal of all it's inhabitants I came across these two legionnaires who take 0 damage. They can be frozen, electrocuted, etc yet take no damage. Also in the course of the battle they dealt 0 damage out as well.

Unkillable legionnaires

Posted By: JFSeiki Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 26/01/14 09:27 PM
That's probably in place cus as you must have seen before engaging them, all they do is sit and hit each other over, and over, and over... Something will have to be done about that though if larian want's to keep it's promise of us being able to kill everything :P.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 26/01/14 09:30 PM
Yeah, but they are two of three people I can't kill. And Aureus runs away from the fight.
Posted By: poppiecock Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 26/01/14 09:43 PM
when i press on a crate at the start of the game i see the crate symbol, and when the box opens up showing me the content the crate symbol is still showing and over the content menu. in one instance the crate symbol was left over a dialogue box and i couldn't read some of the message.

Also when i went into town to talk to the mayor (start of the ganme). i went upstairs and the dialogue box opens up showing the a history of everything that was said since the last save and it wont close. i tried every button and pressing anything that looked intractable on the screen with my mouse cursor. i hate to re load the game.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 27/01/14 03:18 AM
Okay, another bunch:

• Unlike Aureus, Arhu’s dialogue “About Jake’s Body” doesn’t change if you’ve already talked to Roberts or found his ledger.
  • Bug: I fought the Sparkmaster 5000, and it killed Scarlett (and after I resurrected her, he did it again straight away. Jerk.) After the fight was over, I hadn’t resurrected Scarlett yet, but Madora had something to say and I talked to her. So there was a dual dialogue… between Roderick and Jahan! (Jahan didn't get the Trait though).
  • Bug: I loaded up a game and went to the Sparkmaster cave. I had some kind of audio glitch and all sound effects stopped playing entirely. Spells, walking, menu buttons, nothing. I think it might have ben caused because while the game was loading up, I pressed the play button on my keyboard which started playing music from Windows Media Player (not because the game’s music is bad, because I can’t stand the two-tracks-playing-at-once bug in the game). Normally, this works just fine, but this time when the music started it sounded glitchy at first, and after that I think there were no sound effects. After I quit and restarted the game, the audio was back. I guess I should wait until the game has fully loaded before trying that. EDIT: Later on in the black cove, the FX went out again. This time it sounded like the rain sound effect was the problem. Maybe that was also the problem in the Sparkmaster tunnel as well? I’m not sure.
  • Bug: After loading said game above, the legionairres who fight each other constantly stopped fighting, they just stand there.
  • Near the “Cyseal East” waypoint (which is not east in any way) waypoint, you can trigger combat with the thugs below from walking too close on the road. This leads of course to an annoying situation where it takes several turns before either side is near enough to the other to actually fight.
  • When you click on a waypoint in combat, the message says “you cannot go to the homestead while in combat. It should say waypoint (and I’d actually like to be able to use the waypoints to retreat from combat).
  • The statue demons don’t seem to like each other. After they finished crushing my party easily, they started attacking each other until only one was left. I guess they may have hit each other with friendly fire and the others didn’t like it?

Attempt 2: I killed the Fire Demon alone, brought out the Earth Demon, but when I tornadoed him, the air guy came out. The bug is that the Earth Demon immediately attacked the air demon. Because he was most recently damaged by air?
  • When I met the grieving orc, both Roderick and Scarlett were in agreement to dig up the body for the awesome loot it had. But when we did, combat started, and Bognard’s dialogue was “Hypocites! Liars! Fiends!” Okay, maybe the third one, but we didn’t lie, we were quite clear and in agreement that we wanted the awesome loot on the corpse. … and after combat ended, the damn body had nothing on it. This is not my lucky day.
  • Earthquake does damage at the CASTER’s location still.
  • The big huge fight with orcs and skeletons went badly, in fact everyone died, and they failed their saving throws “for dead” (should be “for death”) from the Comeback Kid trait. But strangely enough, after Roderick, who was the last to fall died, Jahan and Scarlett got back up to finish the fight. That shouldn’t have happened, it should have been a game over. It ended up being game over in a few minutes anyway, because after I won, Roderick’s corpse wasn’t around for Jahan to Resurrect. He might have gained a level while dead, though, I know that’s buggy.
  • My rogue did a Phoenix Dive behind some enemies and the message “Backstab Failed” popped up.
  • My rogue was inexplicably teleported into some bushes somehow. The white circle was the approximate spot where she had ended her previous turn.
  • When standing on an elevated platform, Boulderdash can be sucessfully cast on an enemy on the level below. Oozespray cannot.
  • Crash: Crashed for no apparent reason while walking around the room with the "Piratey Notes" in the Black Cove (past the Source Abomination). I was coming back from meeting Headless Nick. Just crashed immediately to desktop for seemingly no reason.
  • EDIT: I've had a second crash when walking into that same room. Unfortunately, the bug reporter is saying there's no connection, so I can't send in the reports.
  • It's unlikely to occur, and doesn't really matter, but the "So much oil, this place could explode any minute!" can be triggered even after the stuff is detonated and gone. One way is to summon an elemental and send it down the hill first.
  • After the crash, I noticed that one of my saved games had the wrong thumbnail image - it didn't match where I actually made the save.
  • Elementals have a yellow diamond with an exclamation point as their weapon in their inventory screen. Elementals inventory screen persists after their death. You can drag items over the elemental's portrait to add them to its inventory. Weapons can be equipped to replace the yellow diamond, but the game crashes if you drag the yellow diamond onto the ground or out of the elemental’s inventory.
  • Elementals can touch items owned by other people without complaints. Sometimes it heals them (if it’s food.) They can also move and open chests and take the items within, which vanish once they die.
Posted By: Raze Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 27/01/14 04:29 AM
Earthquake does damage at the CASTER’s location still.

That is by design, there just isn't an appropriate description, or range indicator when cast (presumably there will be).
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 27/01/14 06:02 AM
Originally Posted by Raze
That is by design, there just isn't an appropriate description, or range indicator when cast (presumably there will be).

It's hard to tell if a spell is working, when some spells like Tornado and Earthquake do as much damage to the caster as to the enemy. That's a bit unintuitive and doesn't come across as working as designed. I suppose that's a use for the XShield spells.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 27/01/14 03:29 PM
Played a co-op game where I was guesting in someone else's game. I died in combat, and the other guys retreated... and my body was left stuck there. I suppose that might be the case in the full game, but in single-player the body travels back with you.

Getting stuck dead out there ended my session right there.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 27/01/14 07:12 PM
Okay, another bunch:

• The statue demons don’t seem to like each other. After they finished crushing my party easily, they started attacking each other until only one was left. I guess they may have hit each other with friendly fire and the others didn’t like it?

The elementals are set to "hostile=all". It's also logical that elementals of opposite elements hate each other.

Attempt 2: I killed the Fire Demon alone, brought out the Earth Demon, but when I tornadoed him, the air guy came out. The bug is that the Earth Demon immediately attacked the air demon. Because he was most recently damaged by air?

Works for fire => spawn water via rain. I'm assuming that the AI prioritizes the closest / most dangerous foe. See above. Water <hate> Fire; Earth <hate> Air. Working as intended, imo.

When I met the grieving orc, both Roderick and Scarlett were in agreement to dig up the body for the awesome loot it had. But when we did, combat started, and Bognard’s dialogue was “Hypocites! Liars! Fiends!” Okay, maybe the third one, but we didn’t lie, we were quite clear and in agreement that we wanted the awesome loot on the corpse. … and after combat ended, the damn body had nothing on it. This is not my lucky day.

Been reported - armor doesn't spawn / exist atm

When standing on an elevated platform, Boulderdash can be sucessfully cast on an enemy on the level below. Oozespray cannot.

It's probably also to do with planes - I suspect cone shaped spells are on a flat plane, determined by the first tile they spread from. Also note: target arcs; some things (arrows, sprays, fireball) have a direct line LoS targeting, others (flare, balderdash) have arcs. I reported issues with arrows & height differentials.

It's unlikely to occur, and doesn't really matter, but the "So much oil, this place could explode any minute!" can be triggered even after the stuff is detonated and gone. One way is to summon an elemental and send it down the hill first.

It's a trigger on the floor and isn't context sensitive - you could probably change it to be attached to the barrel (?)

Elementals have a yellow diamond with an exclamation point as their weapon in their inventory screen. Elementals inventory screen persists after their death. You can drag items over the elemental's portrait to add them to its inventory. Weapons can be equipped to replace the yellow diamond, but the game crashes if you drag the yellow diamond onto the ground or out of the elemental’s inventory.

Probably the best QA testing I've seen so far; very very sneaky find there. Also shows that "cursed / permanent bound" item class isn't coded wink

Elementals can touch items owned by other people without complaints. Sometimes it heals them (if it’s food.) They can also move and open chests and take the items within, which vanish once they die.

Have you tried this with items flagged as Quest items? Might be possible to really break things. Also, since you can add via their portrait, do they still trigger stealing penalties / dialogue?
Posted By: poppiecock Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 27/01/14 10:48 PM
when i go into the innn in the main town, i encounter the duke. i ask him some questions, and then i notice his name changes from orange to red during the conversation. after the conversation is done something hits him with a ranged attack and then the entire inn is aggroed to me. i tried several different times and it always happens. is this a bug or part of the story?

also is everything/one supposed to drop me in 1-2 hits. npc's are cause on average 30-50 points of damage. so much so that i have only fought 2 orcs and some crabs at the start and then everything else is too hard. is this something they are going to fix or is it supposed to be this hard?
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 27/01/14 11:07 PM
Okay, the statue demons attacking each other is intended. I wasn't sure. It's probably a good idea, because even ONE on their own is a full-fledged boss (except for the terrible drops).

Yep, elementals can happily accept quest items into their inventory as well, which vanish when they die.

They can also drag items around without store owners caring. I wasn't able to get it to drag into someone's inventory, that didn't work. But when controlling a main character, I could drag owned things into the inventory of the elemental without complaints.

Found another bug. I picked up a fish the elemental had moved, which prompted Esmerelda to ask if I was interested in buying it. I said yes... but the fish wasn't in her window of things for sale.
Posted By: Yohdono Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 27/01/14 11:45 PM
Zixzax made my game crash when he teleported me. I set my settings from medium (autodetected) to very low, and it worked.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 28/01/14 04:35 AM
  • The bookcase in Evelyn’s house next to the door can’t be accessed from the inside, you walk outside and access it through the stone wall.
  • When you give Murphy items to smell, there’s extra lines in the dialogue screen, but the game fast-forwards through the screen quickly and you can’t read them.
  • The unusuable waypoint shrine at (x:12, y:358) has the portal effect, even though it us unusable.
  • Also, today, I've started getting a strange bug where if I try to quit to the main menu or the desktop, the game dumps me into an infinite loading screen. It isn't frozen, or "not responding", or "Original Sin has stopped Working", I can go back to the infinite loading screen if I want, it just never ends. I have to close the program. That also doesn't produce the crash reporter tool either.

I can however start up the game and load the first save fine. Trying to load a second time though, might not work well.

Spoilers through the end of “A Mysterious Murder”:

• You can walk through the rock where you use the reveal spell. In a previous version, the entrance was set as blocking, you couldn’t walk there. That was actually a good thing. Now you can walk into the spot and materialize inside solid rock.
  • The Black cultists automatically attack when you get within sight, although their dialogue triggers and combat ends if someone gets to the top of the stairs, only to start again at the conclusion of dialogue. The same thing happens for the Evelyn fight: they attack, and if you enter the room, then the dialogue happens, and you start to fight again.
  • Something glitched out with the display of Madora’s AP in the second Black cultist fight. It appeared like she was only getting 3 Recovery AP a turn, but she did have them all, as you could see by moving the cursor around and executing commands.
  • When you pick up the Blood Stone, nothing happens. It’s when you right click it in your inventory (which drops it) that you get the blue lightning.
  • You can’t tell Arhu about solving the case until you talk to Aureus first.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 28/01/14 05:40 PM
The Black Cove's sound FX audio seems to come and go randomly.

Some probably lag-related issues I encountered in a Canada-Russia game:

- I occasionally saw characters just walk (or glide) off-screen in one direction. After a while their position was correctly updated.

- I, as the guest, was the victim of one such event. I was walking at the start of the first skeleton house, but found myself moving until the server thought my position was farther away... within the trigger zone of a SECOND encounter, which triggered. Not good, so my partner had to retreat so we could reset the encounter.

- Once I picked up the bucket and had it in my inventory, then put it on my head... and a minute later it was gone, and my host was using the bucket to fill with water from the well.
Posted By: TearsDuct Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 28/01/14 11:42 PM
I just want to report a bug:

If I go out of a house, the follower doesn't follow me and he stays still. But if I switch the control on him, I move it outside the house and then I switch again on the main character, the follower starts to follow me correctly.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 29/01/14 05:06 AM
- In the wizard’s prison, you get the “Entering Wizard’s Prison” message every time you pass the dip in the floor, going either way.

- Sometimes the (Air/Water/potion) Vendor doesn’t have “I’ll take my leave” as one of her dialogue options. You have to click something else to get it to appear.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 29/01/14 04:41 PM
When crafting if you take wood chips to a bucket of water, the animation for crafting appears yet results in nothing. No items are used up in this process. Taking the wood chips to a barrel does the animation for crafting and results in mush of wood.
Posted By: Yohdono Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 29/01/14 06:52 PM
First i'm playing with a 32bit version of windows 7, so it may explains some bugs.

My saves (when i manage to save without crashing, so half of the time) doesn't correspond to what they say since a little while now. They are someway shifted with other ones. Some doesn't even have an image. I don't really get the pattern.

When I tried to exit the black cavern, with Scarlett dead (I didn't managed to resurrect her), only the two minions get out, my main character was teleported in a room with a chimney, some bookcases and a large empty floor. I think this one is new.

Bon courage !
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 29/01/14 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Yohdono

When I tried to exit the black cavern, with Scarlett dead (I didn't managed to resurrect her), only the two minions get out, my main character was teleported in a room with a chimney, some bookcases and a large empty floor. I think this one is new.

This is known. If you continue to travel to the right of that unfinished area you will be transported back to the entrance of Cyseal.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 29/01/14 08:59 PM
Bug - Content

Priority - Low

There's a chest in an inaccessible place in the town; just SE of the bridge that connects the west gate / docks to the main town, in the gully. I wasn't able to throw a pyramid down there, and there's no other way (?) to reach it.

This might be incorrect - given the random loot table issues with chests, it wasn't a major concern to reach it.

~

Missing Content

Priority - Low

You can learn about three cases where the Watcher Stones gave fatal advice to gullible people (dead jumper [air] / crab telling you about pearl diver [water] / one I forget - from memory, something about poison [earth]). There doesn't appear to be a fourth about fire; added to this, there's no reward / reason for learning this. (If anything, it'd make a nice 'hidden' achievement. e.g. "Watcher's wipe outs")
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 29/01/14 09:00 PM
If you mean the one by the tree you can either:
A) teleport character down to get it
B) teleport chest up onto the bridge
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 29/01/14 09:22 PM
If you mean the one by the tree you can either:
A) teleport character down to get it
B) teleport chest up onto the bridge

Yep, you're correct; I forgot about the teleport spell*.

I've also never attempted to break things with it - I've a feeling this will be fun. Oh yeah.. jackpot.

~~~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - High

Teleporting a static NPC [such as vendors] will result in a fixed teleport to the NW with no criminal / hostility penalties.

You can do this to vendors, and they have a % chance to drop any of their items.

I'll repeat that - they drop can drop 100% of their items, with no criminal / dialogue / reputation penalties.

Edit - on testing, it seems determined by the amount of free space they have surrounding them. The painter dropped x20+ paintings, as he had a x9 grid free around him. Arrow vendor dropped less, as she'd been moved up past the fish vendor to the NW, and only had a couple of squares free.

Level 2 vendor (NE of market) dropped 759 gp, x50 minor healing potions and other assorted crap. Oh yeah...

NPCs who die on stairs don't drop loot. >Sad Panda< Not sure if this is do to with "empty tiles" or just an oddity.

Waitress in the tavern: 850+ gp. Thanks!

Off to test on Arnu, at the start of the game...

~~

Basically - you can kill quest NPCs like this easily, and non-important NPCs tend to drop massive amounts of gp / items (and you can reload if you miss the good loot drop rolls).

Suggestion - yeah, no way should this be able to effect non-hostile NPCs. I am now the richest source hunter this side of Narnia, and you can :cheese: this so you're only targeting the wealthy non-important NPCs.

~~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Low

If you teleport a NPC who is in the "getting up" animation (requires x2 mages), they receive no damage, but they lose their sprite, i.e. become invisible. Using <alt> you can highlight them as an invisible ghost outline, and their dialogue works fine. Teleporting them again restores their visibility.

~~

And yes, you can kill
Evelyn
from the moment you meet her. It takes quite a long time. She drops:
Bloodstone
House Key
Smelly Scarf
x2 random magical loot

This pretty much breaks the game, since you cannot get the
exhausted star stone
from this point onwards. I've not played around with the linked quests to see how / if the client can handle it, but pretty much broken. I expect Zixx the imp won't appear, but you never know.

So, yeah. Currently you can speed run the alpha in under 30mins, if
bloodstone
= winning wink Do I get a cookie?
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 29/01/14 11:14 PM
Moved over from another thread, useful:

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Medium

It was mentioned that AC / armour had been tweaked - not seeing this in action, starting bow does 1-4 damage on all the pre-town gate mobs. (Advertised - 5-12?).

As an aside - given that there's no mana mechanics now, having the special arrows as fungible is incredibly cruel / unbalanced. At the very least, they should come in quivers with x20 (x12 bolts) uses each. i.e. 1 special arrow item = 20 charges. At the moment, the incentive to use them just doesn't add up.

~

Bug - Loot tables

Priority - Low

Reward chest from throwing giant clam into the ocean can be empty. Looking for other 'generated' chests to see if they're not connected to loot tables. Will restart a game to see if this is a one off.

[Edit]

Tested again - got a single light healing potion, so it's random. Random loot tables with a chance at no items? Ugh.

~

Bug - Character generation

Priority - Low

The male character initially gets x1 resurrect scroll as starting gear (I think?). If you swap classes on both characters (female wizard > ranger, male wizard > fighter > wizard) you no longer get this.
~

Priority - Low

Selecting the "Big and Better" perk (+1 stat) in character generation doesn't give you the +1 to spend. I suspect this won't be available straight off the bat, but interesting.

Reported that you get the +1 on entering game.

~

Bug - Content

Priority - Medium / High

Already been mentioned, but choosing to fight the initial drunk soldiers is now suicidal. However, due to the level =/> 2, you can enjoy unlimited respawns to chip away at them because your second character is coded not to die under level 2. Totally ruins the entire immersion straight off the bat. They also drop no gear, which is a bit meh.

Solution - since they're drunk, they should have massive penalties to hit and their level lowered?

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Medium

Again, it has been mentioned that spells / arrows use LoS targeting, and ignore barriers / other mobs, however it also has issues with heights. In the orc beach assault, attempting to shoot downwards from the road/spur onto the beach (targeting the shaman) results in your arrows impacting the road if you're slightly to the right hand side, because the engine is calcing a direct line from your higher position to a lower position, resulting in the angle being steep enough to impact the terrain i.e. the road / spur has a raised middle and your arrows will not arc at all.

At the very least, LoS should calc this and report that you can't shoot (a better fix would be that arrows have an arc targeting, but...)
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 29/01/14 11:19 PM

Priority - Low

Selecting the "Big and Better" perk (+1 stat) in character generation doesn't give you the +1 to spend. I suspect this won't be available straight off the bat, but interesting.

It is available at the start of the game just not in character creation

Bug - Content

Priority - Medium / High

Already been mentioned, but choosing to fight the initial drunk soldiers is now suicidal. However, due to the level =/> 2, you can enjoy unlimited respawns to chip away at them because your second character is coded not to die under level 2. Totally ruins the entire immersion straight off the bat. They also drop no gear, which is a bit meh.

Solution - since they're drunk, they should have massive penalties to hit and their level lowered?

Both characters can die in this fight. Had it happen a few times. Haven't been able to replicate this not dying thing.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 29/01/14 11:23 PM

Both characters can die in this fight. Had it happen a few times. Haven't been able to replicate this not dying thing.

Second char, level 1 = infinite respawns. Tested twice in single player.

And please: you know this is a repost, you replied in the original thread, allow time for editing, ffs. i.e. Having read the feedback from other threads, I'm well aware that some of my reports are false - CTRL+C / V then post, I'll add some updated strike through in a mature fashion. For the record, 15 seconds before your nitpicking, Mr. Man.
Posted By: lokitrixter Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 29/01/14 11:37 PM

Second char, level 1 = infinite respawns. Tested twice in single player.

Still cannot get this to happen. I have a save right before the bridge to test the Junius/Bibius bug. Both characters died and no respawn.

Also if you know something is false instead of posting the false info, edit the post before posting. You also don't need to get an attitude with those of us helping identify what is and is not a bug.
Posted By: Teelo Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 30/01/14 08:34 PM
Selection from my previous post :

- Crash twice when getting close to the jumping chest:
* cast rain on the chest to stop the burning
* get close to it => chest jump away
* flare the chest until it's destroyed
* try to grab the gold from the destroy chest (in other word get close to the chest)
* crash is osiris dialog system access to a null pointer. my guess is that the trigger of the event try to make the destroyed chest talk and the handle is now invalid.

- You can trade gold for gold... with the barter skill you trade it for benefit... ("lets trade my 80 gold for your 100", "oh yes nice trade"... repeat until the vendor is broke)

- No feedback that you gain a talent point. At first I thought it was a perks you choose at the character creation it was done. When you level up the level up arrow on your portrait disapear as soon as you have spent all your attribute and ability point, even if you still have talent point available. I discover it on my second play and just check with my first play there is nothing that indicate that I have 2 talents point left if I don't go to the talents screen.

- Unusued AP seem to be preserved even if you don't use it because of a disable action from the ennemy, well if I stun/freeze/... someone it's not to have him do twice as much action the next round!

- Teelo -

p.s. I had the infinite respawn issue once.
Posted By: SteamUser Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 30/01/14 09:44 PM
You also don't need to get an attitude with those of us helping identify what is and is not a bug.

Look at this in a different way: you corrected me and by correctly identifying a mechanic, drove me to test something that no-one else had (I think?), leading to discovering a massive issue. Without your input, would I have tested this? No.

Some of us need whips n spurs, don't take it personally. Without your input, I wouldn't have discovered this issue, which makes your input more important than me just finding out the implications.

So, yeah: be annoyed, but more importantly, feel satisfied, 'cause you generated the idea. smile

Originally Posted by Teelo
Selection from my previous post : <snip>

p.s. I had the infinite respawn issue once.

Thank-you. While the Larian gals/guys are cool, and will read all feedback, it's useful for 'normal' players to be able to read a single thread & note what is-and-is-not intended during an alpha build. It also helps the twisted people who love breaking stuff start testing new things.

Pretty sure (99%) you're spot on about the trigger, btw. Now looking for other triggers you can break & cause 100% crashes - the conditionals are a trigger set to launch and removing the item that it depends on.

Upthread: there's a user called "Stabby" who got a summon to steal items & delete quest specific items on death. I've been trying to think of other ways (barring throwing into the ocean / water) of actually breaking / deleting quest specific items, and (s)he has me beaten. [Teleporting them is no fun].

/metagame, don't take my spikey responses personally so you're a star for taking time to post here. Thank-you! 100% genuine - the 'endgame' of this is a better game*, everything else is kinda fluff smile

*If you can remember that bug in Ultima VII - Serpent's Isle, or the lack of polish / wrap up to the 'Shamino madness' quests, well, you get a cookie. Yeah - poor girl, never got her head sorted out. >sad panda<

p.s.

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Medium

Already shown via 'porting chests into water (leading to crashes), but yeah - you can 'port quest specific items into water making them unavailable.
Posted By: Maede Re: 1.0.87.0 bug reports - 31/01/14 02:32 PM
2 small bugs:
- If you hold a two handed Axe, the weapon is wrongly positioned, it's hold with one hand.
- At Character Creation the Skill Description popup dont show if u mouse over the Text u have to hold it slighly left of the word.
© Larian Studios forums