Larian Studios
Since we are now in beta, please report any game blocking issues here. This can range from technical issues to gameplaye or story progression problems. Anything that stops you from actually playing the game.

There were some known issues in the alpha:
- stability problems (crashing in certain regions or when doing certain things, like black cove or level swapping)
- stability issues on 32-bit machines with lower amount of memory
- network issues resulting on your starting a new game and being returned to the main menu (even when you were playing single player)

If you have any of the above or similar issues, post here AND contact supportdos@larian.com with a report.zip attached from our support tool: http://www.larian.com/OriginalSinAlpha/AnalysisTool_DOS.exe

By doing this, you will not only help yourself play the game, but hopefully help other people experiencing the same issues.

Thanks and if you have any blocking issues, we apologize in advance ouch
A save in the cemetery don't want to load, it just make the game crash ! And please, make a french version, we bought the game too. Thanks for your amazing job, we love the game.
Hi,

In Homestead after speaking to the weaver of time and Zixzax about it I never get the rune stone to get back. Only the (first) pyramid is in my inventory.

Also the dialog 'breaks' sometimes. I cannot get the dialog interface up and running again. Sometimes it gets to 'normal' after I commit a crime (stealing) but it does not work all the time.
Look on the right side of your screen for the rune stone, it's a button to let you teleport.
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Look on the right side of your screen for the rune stone, it's a button to let you teleport.

Thanks, I saw this in an other post just a minute ago.

Still, there is this issue with the dialog system breaking sometimes. I'll try to reproduce it hopefully.
Heroes are not following each other, making navigating the map in explore mode incredibly tedious. It doesn't STOP me from playing the game perse, but it does in fact make me not want to play it anymore.

EDIT: So far I have tried linking, unlinking, changing the order in which they are linked/not linked. Deleting the installation folder from Steam, downloading a fresh install, deleting the config folder from My Documents, savegames and all and letting the game create a fresh one, turning dual dialog on and off (I'm not sure why I thought that would effect it but I did it anyway!) and starting a new game with four or five different team configurations. None of it had any effect. The heroes just completely refuse to cooperate.
Originally Posted by Prague
Heroes are not following each other, making navigating the map in explore mode incredibly tedious.

Have you checked the connection between the characters (if the portraits are connected via a small chain)?
Yes he has, and it isn't working no matter how much he tries linking and unlinking characters.
There are two quests in Cyseal that I've done so far that both lead to infinite loading screens, i'm not sure if it's because I die or what, but I have to exit the game.

The first quest is given by Evelyn the medical assistant. She asks me to choose which of two patients to save. When she uses the healing stone I get zapped away to the loading screen. The blue loading bar shows as complete while the purple loading bar is empty. The first time this happened I waited 15 minutes for it to load before I exited, the bars didn't budge.

The second is the quest to find out who murdered the councilman, Jake. I enter the crime scene in the King Crab Inn and get shocked, knocked over, and this time it leads to a white screen that gives a message about how the beta is incomplete.
Originally Posted by vidonism
Heroes are not following each other, making navigating the map in explore mode incredibly tedious.

Have you checked the connection between the characters (if the portraits are connected via a small chain)?

So far I have tried linking, unlinking, changing the order in which they are linked/not linked. Deleting the installation folder from Steam, downloading a fresh install, deleting the config folder from My Documents, savegames and all and letting the game create a fresh one, turning dual dialog on and off (I'm not sure why I thought that would effect it but I did it anyway!) and starting a new game with four or five different team configurations. None of it had any effect. The heroes just completely refuse to cooperate.
In the King's Crab inn, second floor.
The party includes Madora.

Spoke to Shereth, talked about how her services are dangerously close to sourcery, but I/we let her carry on.
Didn't see any exclamation mark above Madora's head after this.

Then went and talked to Eglandaer (the old Elf), conversation triggered a fight, killed him. Saved and quit right after that.
Next day, I load the save and there's an exclamation mark above Madora's head, but I can't talk to her - now I can't talk to any NPC, in fact.

Tried to reload the save several times, didn't help.
It is possible to break the Jake's murder Questline, if you go do things at this order after arriving the city;
1 Go to the Mortician.
2 Find the sheep's corpse.
3 Go to barracs.
4 Go to the crime scene'n'stuff.
5 THEN go find the morticians ledger.
6 Go pointing fingers at Esmeralda.
7 Go Talk to the healer and the apprentice.
8 Go to Esmeralda's basement and go blame Esmeralda again.
9 Now the healers apprentice wont go away and boom, I'm stuck.

(Also a way to get the mage guy at the barracs to be stuck as a cat. Fixed with saving/loading though.)

Also, it is possible to get your characters stuck outside the map in:
1 The very first mummy encounter, if you position a mage just where you come down from the stairs above the oil where the mummies stand and end the encounter with a spell.
2 The dungeon which opens in the graveyard, where you can go to the house full of traps. If you cannot get past the door on the other end of the room and try to open it with multiple spells.

In conclusion, I'd say that damage-spells sometimes throw characters out of the maps if some game-status changes happen. And you can apparently walk a pretty long way from the house on example "2".
Either it is on a different stage or an area in development, beats me.
Hello, I have a graphical bug, no pictures appears for personages icons and items in the inventory, the bar in bottom edge is empty to. any idea ?

Thank you
Hello,

- stuck in zixzax realm: I had the same problem, could'nt get out of the plane with zixzax. Maybe you should change this button to something more userfriendly, before being flooded by this remark at the release.
I dodged the choice for the patient to save as i was forced to warp, so when i went back with the information to jump out of the plane, both were dead. Don't know if i can catch back this arc later.

- All merchants are gone: I could sell rubish to only one seller on the docks at the early game, then to the source item seller in the tavern room, but then the conversation disappeared. So I'm full of rubish, and can't buy resurrection scrolls or new powers. Even the arrow seller on the market place doesn't propose anything. The widow of Jake doesn't trade. I don't even know if it's normal because i can't meet merchants.
I'm virtually blocked. After the hell of an armegeddon as a fight with the orcs on the beach, i'm broke with parchments and rez scrolls.
forget about it, just found the button now i'm more focused on these buttons. Need to improve interface. Sorry for bothering.
Can't find how to craft neither, to help me with merchants missing.
I'm level 4, did everything i could which is not fighting, i can't repair my weapons nor buy new ones. "repair level too low"

- After a fight (which is really often close to group death) i'm regularly surronded by fire and or acid (As fight are too hard for me, i'm a heavy user of barrels). Then all my comrades run toward my main character and all but one die. => ragequit, happened several times.
I tried running the Analysis tool multiple times but it would keep crashing after I tried to generate a report.

I am crashing when I come along the right side of the desecrated church. I have already had the battle with the cultists inside of it though. I'm not sure if it is broken because I did things out of order (SPOILER) like I hadn't fought Evelyn at this point yet. After fighting the cultists I would try to get the key at the far back right side of the room and would crash.

Also, another crashing situation is when I was running over the bridge to the northern cave with the machine in it. Also, I did this out of order. I didn't join the Fabulous Five or talk to the magician to get the control panel for this quest. I visited the cave, recalled that I needed to talk to the Fabulous Five for the quest so I did and I headed back. As soon as I crossed the bridge (keep in mind I already defeated the undead/boars) I would crash. Could easily repeat.

I hope this helps. I love the game and am so insanely excited to play the final release! One of my most anticipated of the year!
We are currently working on a hotfix for the crash people are having simply running around in the world or clicking a ladder/stairs.
Originally Posted by Chrocus
... now I can't talk to any NPC, in fact.

This is basically the same issue I have. Do a crime (steal from someone that can see you) and the dialogs will reappear.

The only issue is (I have yet to confirm) that you cannot travel to ZixZax after that, a message appears that one of my main characters needs to finish a dialog even if no dialog is ongoing

Cheers,
Game keeps crashing after completing the lighthouse quest (after talking to the guards next to the tree, close to the lighthouse ). The game crashes after walking towards the houses north of the lighthouse. The game is unable to send the generated crashreport to your servers ( fails shortly after reaching 100% ).

I've sendt a report.zip to supportdos@larian.com

The crashing seems to be related to talking to the guards close to the lighthouse, after killing the boss. The game does not crash if I avoid talking to them.
Plot related, different from Alpha.

Is Zombie Jake supposed to talk to you?
He died during the fight. I rezzed him and then he refuses to talk to me at all. I then killed him and rezzed him again. He now talks to demand a bribe to be friendly but nothing else.

I don't have the save any more frown
My game is crashing after I go out in the north gate.

Any way I go.

PLz, make this game in portuguese!
[quote=Chrocus]... now I can't talk to any NPC, in fact.

This is basically the same issue I have. Do a crime (steal from someone that can see you) and the dialogs will reappear.

I tried stealing in the Cyseal market square, I found that I can steal anything on the vendor tables without any reaction from the NPCs!
I'll add a few items I ran into that have not created a hard stop in my progress, but are creating some aggravation
(the kind of thing that could be very frustrating over time.)

• Item Hover-Text stopped working for a while. Hard to pinpoint the exact cause, but I noticed it around the time I was trying to barter with various patrons of the Inn in Cyseal. There were no hover pop-ups for the items (mine or the trader's,) so it was nearly impossible to tell what items I was trying to buy. For example, a vendor with dozens of potions just looksed to be carrying bottles with red, white, or green liquids; I had no idea what each did. smile I was able to get them to come back, but I don't recall whether it was be opening up my own inventory screen, or just reloading a previous save.
  • Poor click recognition. I've seen some forum reports about having a hard time targetting enemies, and I agree with that, but I am particularly having issues with D:OS recognizing my clicks. It seems like I have to click 2-3 times for my Source Hunters to move, interact with an object, talk to an NPC, etc. It appears that some combat actions do require 2 clicks to select/confirm action (at least I think those are intentional,) but I'm not talking about only those. It's jsut moving around the world and interacting with things. I am using a Bluetooth mouse in this case, but I do not see this issue with input in other applications or OS.
  • Trouble clicking wandering NPCs. Combined with my previous issue (clicks not registering,) I'm having a heck of a time just talking to NPCs that have a patrol route. For example, I had to follow Madora around her patrol route 3 times just to get her targetted long enough when she paused to start conversation with her. Same with the bartender. It seems like the game is slow to register/highlight targets when hovered over with the mouse, so that when the target is in motion, they keep moving out of range before they are targetted & clickable. Even if I try to "follow" them with my mouse, it doesn't seem like I can get the game to recognize my click on them and get my characters to start conversation. Even giving NPCs a longer pause between patrols would make this a little easier, though the problem would still be an annoyance.
  • Hard to cancel steal actions. I've just recently realized that the mouse cursor is a yellow or white color when interacting with "legal" items, but ORANGE when hovering over illegal items (where the yellow and orange still look pretty similar.) This solved an earlier issue where I was curiously poking around some environments and getting accused of being a thief! But now, there's still problems when I try to do some intentional pilfering, particularly when the object I click is too far away to reach, so the PC walks toward it BEFORE attempting to steal. There are a couple problems with this. One, I can only use instincts to know if I can reach an item before I click; there is no visual indicators to tell me this. When I am trying to be quick or remain out of line-of-sight, it is valuable to know exactly what will happen when I click. So two, the situation becomes one where if I could reach an item from where I stood, I'd have a chance to successfully steal an item by grabbing it quickly while out of sight, but in some cases, I begin walking through an NPC's field of vision, then grab the item in plain sight before I can click elsewhere to convince my PC to cancel the futile steal action. In situations where getting caught more than once will cause an awful fight to break out, just one of these inadvertent walk-&-steals can be a huge interruption, requiring me to reload the game when I would have preferred to just NOT steal the item if it was going to cause a scene... smile At the very least, if my PC is sneaking, and I tell him/her to steal and item, and this forces him/her to walk toward the item, and they get seen/fail sneak on the way there... I would like them to GIVE UP trying to steal the item. Continuing to walk over & grab it is just brain-dead, but it has happened to me several times now. I'm nearly forced to give up on a sneak-and-steal character entirely because of this, as it can sometimes be heard to tell line-of-sight well enough to avoid these kinds of unhappy surprises.

That said, I'm really enjoying the beta overall so far; it's already visibly ahead of where it was during alpha. I can even run D:OS fairly well on my tablet now! This was a non-starter before the performance fixes at the end of alpha. So thanks! Still very much looking forward to the game, but do hope some of these quality-of-life issues get addressed in time!
Two issues mainly and a bit of a third:

>Occasionally when two enemies that are near each other are knocked down simultaneously they fall into the same space which makes it incredibly difficult or impossible to differentiate between them in the subsequent turns (the main instance that I remember of this is with the stone guardians outside of the church).
>When fighting in Evelyn's hideout the pool of ooze under Jake was ignited (to which he takes damage outside of the turn-based time of the fight itself i.e. much more quickly) but before he died from it I got a rain spell off. This removed the Burning debuff from him but he continued taking fire damage until he died, thus forcing me to restart the fight.
>When the game has been running for a while two things start to happen: After ~20 minutes without a loading screen, the background music and ambient noise cuts out except for an occasional little burst of noise and maybe 50% of the time when a weapon noise actually works in a fight; then when I get to an area change with a load screen the music starts back up again. The second seems to be unaffected by the absence of load screens, but after maybe 45 minutes to an hour in the game there's a pretty noticeable decline in responsiveness, i.e. having to click 4-5+ times on an item to use it; Whereas when I've freshly opened the game it goes on the first click.

Apart from these I believe most of the other things have been covered (hard to click enemies, unclear theft icons). These aside I have still been enjoying the game quite a bit.

Thanks.
Hello everyone, firt post on the forum so please forgive if it's not in the right place (though i guess i am...). Forgive also if my english is not always clear and understandable (i'm no native speaker).
First of all i must say THANK YOU LARIAN for this great game, i have been hooked since the first glance at the first video i've seen and now that I got to play a little with it i must say that i definetly love it! So thanks again for bringing us such a game...

Now the bug part (i sent a report for every game crash so i won't be boring you here with those):

- As reported by others i experienced the dialogue bug: one of my companions got stuck wityh an exclamation mark and dialogues broke for players and npcs. No way to get it working again. Noticed that the mark got orange while on first floor of buildings, got yellow again on ground level. Some dialogues still worked (like with animals or some uninfluent npc) but have been unable to talk to the npc carrying the nmark and to get it go away. So new game. =)

- Second new game, i progressed a little in the story. I thought i solved the murder mistery killing evelyn in her liar but wehen i got back to report (i din't quite remember to who i should report so i went speaking whith captain, mayor, the cat/sorcerer...) but i had no new dialogue options to end the quest. Went back to liar too, nothing seemed to be there to help me progress... idk if I missed something or if it's a bug...)

- From that moment it seems to me that i don't get new quests and quests i had opened don't progress in any way. Journal doesn't update (eg: found the skeleton King but no new mission, no journal update... or i found the charred ppl, same thing, or found the Undertaker's Hut, read some letters that linked him to some cult or something - i confess i deliberately didn't go deep through the plot, missed some nice bits... - but again no journal update, and back to the Doctor's no new dialogue option...). Again i may be missinig something big, but it seems more like a bug to me.

- Casting a spell (happened with Lightning Strike and others) may get the caster to be teleported to some random location at the end of the screen. This may result in the character stuck outside the map when playing near map's boreders...

- Also, i couldn't enter some "entrances" (like the well that leads down the cave, from which i came up) and one cave entrance in the north (maybe still not implemented, idk)

- I sometimes i have trouble targeting characters that are close to each other

- I foud that camera rotation is VERY limiting (please make it 360°)

- Last (not a bug but...) PLEASE MAKE AN ITALIAN VERSION! It's really hard to want to dive through all the lore if text is in english (and not always in a modern, plain, simple english...) PLEASE! smile

Sorry for being so long =)
Keep up the great work and thanks again for this great game

You should be able to go up or down the well that leads to the tunnel under Cyseal.

360° camera rotation - How to
Thanks for reply...
I know I SHOULD be able to go up and down but it won't work...

Thanks for the 360° fix, will try in a second.
Cheers
I have no idea if you are already working on this issue. But ever since alpha my friend and I get annoyed by the fact that its not possible to switch out supporting characters. So each time we load I need to unsommon one and he has to go to the cafe to pick up Jahan or Madora. Time consuming and frustrating.

Its an issue which I recon will get fixed wheter I posted this or not but I would like to see it fixed in a beta update so playing the beta is fun in multiplay and not frustrating.

That was fixed in the recent update. In the game, hit Esc, and at the top of the menu is a button 'Assign Characters'.
Wildfire/haste crashes the game for me. In battle or out.
And now rain...
Have you tried verifying your files?
There were a few files updated with the integrity check but the game still crashes out on haste (also seem to get some green glowing effect when cast).
When I try to save the game I get the error message.
Savegame failed (copy to levelcache failed)
It doesn't seem to save my profile either.
Tried reinstalling twice, no luck. Before last weeks patch I was able to save and no problems at all.
*spoiler*

First and foremost I am not sure this is the correct place to post this problem, and I apologize if I am in error, but I think it fits the given definition of a game blocking issue.

After having arrived at Evelyn's lair everything seemed to be moving ahead normally up to the point that I entered the eastern most room. At this point it becomes apparent there is no Councilor Jake present. He simply does not exist; I did not kill him he simply was not there to begin with. To some degree I think he may have been replaced by a rat standing in the center of the rung in about the center of the room.

For the record I think I was doing things in a relativity random order. I had completed all of the Legion investigation quests, but had gotten stuck at the blue force field. I had also destroyed the Baron and his court.

Something that may be significant is that fact that I had never recruited the wizard follower, in fact I never even went and spoke to him.

I tried re-installation, reloading saves and restarting my computer. At the moment I am trying to replicate the problem, although some discussion with fellow players on global chat leads me to believe that I am not the only one with this problem.

Other than this game blocking issue everything seems to work perfectly ( I have not enjoyed an RPG this much since Baluder's Gate II).
Caves' entries and exits *should* be marked on the map. I have spent hours stuck because of this. (I have had to read some spoilers in forums to find out where to go).

Nevertheless, it's a great game. It should be released in Spanish, isn't it? smile
Originally Posted by ajotatxe
Caves' entries and exits *should* be marked on the map. I have spent hours stuck because of this. (I have had to read some spoilers in forums to find out where to go).

Nevertheless, it's a great game. It should be released in Spanish, isn't it? smile

Just as a small note: you can make your own notes on the map, marking cave entrances for example. wink
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Originally Posted by ajotatxe

Just as a small note: you can make your own notes on the map, marking cave entrances for example. wink

The problem is that I find very difficult to find the caves. I can't mark anything if I don't even know whether it exists. I found two cave entrances: the first I found it by chance, because I hovered the cursor over it and it became of gear's shape. The second I found after hours of exploration, going over the same places again and again.
Heroes are not following each other, making navigating the map in explore mode incredibly tedious. It doesn't STOP me from playing the game perse, but it does in fact make me not want to play it anymore.

Seems the issue is somehow connected to the processing power. My story goes like this: I was playing on my relatively powerful desktop up to about half the available content with no issues whatsoever. Then I transferred the D:OS user folder to my laptop and tried playing there (ivy bridge i7 with 10GB ram and NVidia 620M). The first encounter triggered the bug. I also managed to trigger it by just summoning a fire elemental. Tried several more encounters with the same outcome. Then I got back on my desktop and no issues whatsoever with the same encounters. I hope this helps.

EDIT: Submitted a detailed report to supportdos@larian.com
Doing things in the wrong order bugs quests out and there's no way to tell if you are doing something wrong.
Not believing Esmeralda did it=not wanting to put her to jail(was not aware it was meant to happen).
Finding out the White Witch is responsible for Jake's murder you can no longer arrest Esmeralda-can't get her to blame anyone else and Aureus doesn't believe me, he thinks I'm telling a fairy tale
-> can't finish Councillor's wife. So stuck there.

Perhaps have some indication which quests should be able to be completed as of current build, either in the game or as a list somewhere OR point out which are blocked.

Elemental arrows should have a more visible effect when targeting the ground. Currently it's hard to tell they did anything at all and/or are just used up. Unless the area they affect is as small as the tip of the arrow in which case it's hard to want to use any at all. Or the effect doesn't last long without enemies to affect.
It would help if way of the ranger lowered the crafting skill needed for creating arrows. Or stated somewhere on the arrowhead perhaps, what the skill is needed.

Arhu is both a cat AND a mage at same times.

Is some NPCs selling unidentified items intentional? As a lottery of sorts?

Regarding Jail:
Is "the deal" the only way that is supposed to get you out, is there a time limit? Is there an option for a trial/pleading with the guard/charm him perhaps?

Getting thrown in jail I didn't agree to the deal and chose to escape by own means.

There are no repercussions after ESCAPING the jail if using Tactical Retreat. I just jumped out behind the guard, went up, stole my gear back and carried on. I didn't talk to the prison guard after escaping though. NPCs outside act like nothing happened.
I don't know if this is the right section.

I encountered a few bugs, all kind a like with a little different effect, that made me reload my saved game:
1. I used the pyramid to enter cecilias house. I tried to leave her house, by enterign the room of the mayor. suddenly my char that touched the door froze, it looked like he was talking with cecilia, but now text windo, only the zoom.
my other chars were totally free, no problem. I needed to attack to undo this.

2. Docter's apprentice room, with the 2 duying people. I left the room without making a decision.
The apprentice talked to me that i needed to make a decision. I choosed later, and I couldn't move anymore. I could click, and see the white circle, they even stayed on the screen, but none of my char moved.

For the second problem, were you using the Steam overlay, while the in-game chat window was open? That can produce the same symptoms (white circles but unable to move or click on things), but hitting Shift or clicking and holding briefly to move will fix that.
There is a bug when I begin a fight with my mage using the lightning strike skill ( I mean casting the spell while not in combat mode ). The combat begins but the mage is unresponsive. Other chars work normally but the only option for the mage is to end turn. He is still stuck when the combat ends.
I think that the game is switching to the combat mode before the end of the execution of the skill and the "using a skill" flag for this character is not reset.
Originally Posted by thorska
There is a bug when I begin a fight with my mage using the lightning strike skill ( I mean casting the spell while not in combat mode ). The combat begins but the mage is unresponsive. Other chars work normally but the only option for the mage is to end turn. He is still stuck when the combat ends.
I think that the game is switching to the combat mode before the end of the execution of the skill and the "using a skill" flag for this character is not reset.

I'm not sure, but it could be that the bug is related to the fact that Lightning Strike teleports the caster to behind the last target hit (and boy is that ever buggy).
Hi,

I resurrected one of my main characters, but now he can't speak and he doesn't take part in battles.
He sees the enemies in yellow circles instead of red and he can engage them in real time instead of turn based.

Grtz
Originally Posted by FunnyBunny
Hi,

I resurrected one of my main characters, but now he can't speak and he doesn't take part in battles.
He sees the enemies in yellow circles instead of red and he can engage them in real time instead of turn based.

Grtz

Which fight was this? Was the character in question under the effects of a Charm spell when he was killed?
He got poisened by the Pontius the pirate. He died because the poisoning was endless. I let him die and resurrected him. Then it went wrong.
Is there anything I can try to "add" my main character back to the team so that can speak and take parts in battles again?
I think the quickest way would be to reload a previous save game, i.e., the one where you still had control over this character... You could also try killing and resurrecting the character again.
Well I've overwritten my recent saved games because I didn't know it was broken. I tried to kill my main character, but it seems he's invincible too smirk
I solved my problem by seperating my main character and teleporting him away with the piramides. When teleporting in front of the enemy he finally got "restored". smile
I dealed with Evelyn before she could summon a zombie...

Quest can not be ended this way...
I cannot save the game, when I save the game or the game autosaves I get the saving banner at the top of the screen, spinning icon at the bottom, chat keeps refreshing but the saving never finishes and I have to kill the game
My problem lies within a number of issues that I have not heard or am unsure of how to correct.

- Crashes when I save
- Keyboard support is very limited (can only use it to chat - no hot keys [I = Inventory doesn't work)
- Intro video doesn't skip because no key on the keyboard does not function properly?

Very frustrating - haven't got past the seashore yet smirk
Mac Yosemite 10.10 DP2 on a rMBP Late 2013 2.3GHz, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris Pro + nVidia GT750M 2GB

- Both 10.10 DP1 and 10.10 DP2 fail to launch. I get the splash window with the version number (1.0.115), it turns to a black screen, then switches back to the desktop with a "Video System Failure" message
Originally Posted by Thanos
Mac Yosemite 10.10 DP2 on a rMBP Late 2013 2.3GHz, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris Pro + nVidia GT750M 2GB

- Both 10.10 DP1 and 10.10 DP2 fail to launch. I get the splash window with the version number (1.0.115), it turns to a black screen, then switches back to the desktop with a "Video System Failure" message

Ok I managed to fix it.

I had the game installed on 10.9 and then upgraded to 10.10 DP. I was getting this error, and managed to launch the game by deleting the "Larian" folder in my Home directory, the game now starts fine.
Early in the game when you fight the orcs, shaman and ranger on the beach.
The shaman backed up real close to the city gate, My melee character followed and that seemed to prompt the encounter with the wizard. After the battle ended (the shaman died last), the conversation with the wizard started. After the conversation, the city gates hadn't opened and remained shut.

Ok I managed to fix it.

I had the game installed on 10.9 and then upgraded to 10.10 DP. I was getting this error, and managed to launch the game by deleting the "Larian" folder in my Home directory, the game now starts fine.

Ok this didn't last long. After playing for a while, I closed the game then tried to start it again, and I'm getting the same error message. I tried removing the Larian directory again, but this time it didn't work.

Edit: I found a proper fix, tried it a few times and it always works. I have the "gfxCardStatus" installed. If I force the nVidia card before launching the game it works fine. If I leave the default setting for dynamic switching, it fails.
Apologies if this was reported in one of the other threads.

I have a few essentially blocking issues relating to characters with fairly negative relationship levels (SP/solo campaign)

- My 2 characters, fighting together, against (innocent) civilians will cause my characters' reactions *to each other* to drop drastically, even if they both 'agree' with each other in any related dialog options. I was able to get my 2 main characters to have -75 relationship with each other, which leads to bug part #2...

(Blocker)
- When your 2 main characters have very low relationship levels to each other, they become attack-on-sight to each other. Even if they are in a party, combat will be started and can't end until one dies, or one flees (breaking the party). Once they resurrect or rejoin, combat immediately starts again. I found no way to get past this, meaning I could never use both characters together again.

This all started because I attacked a mobile campfire (that I made!) and a legionnaire decided that was a crime, so I had to kill half the guard camp in the main town. This made the market in the town attack-on-sight, so I had to kill them... etc, eventually ending up with -75 reactions for my main characters.

This is a somewhat odd series of bugs, but certainly made the game unplayable and not particularly fun even leading up the main problems.

*EDIT - forgot some related issues

* I was at -50 global reaction, spoke to Evelyn for her initial dialog (choose which patient to save). I then attacked the patient. Guards rushed in, but Evelyn dropped the Stone, which teleported me to the observatory... with the guards. I was stuck in combat, and Zixzax (or whatever) was also attacking me. I could neither flee (no valid portals), nor hope to kill the NPC.

* There seem to be a huge number of quest-breaking issues (main quest and seemingly all side quests) if you kill any related NPC, or really even do anything out of order. I had a quest log full of uncompleted quests, that I had never even started, and couldn't actually complete because the NPCs were dead.
Game crashes often when trading. Happened 2 times trading with Shereth and one time(so far) at the Quartermaster above the Chef.
Consistent in all cases are that it happens when I drag something back to my inventory from the trade-slot.

Crashreports in spoiler
(Click to see Windows error info)

Problem signatures:

Quartermaster:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: EoCApp.exe
Application Version: 1.0.115.0
Application Timestamp: 53a1be02
Fault Module Name: EoCApp.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.115.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 53a1be02
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00099c90
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1044
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Shereth1:
Faulting application name: EoCApp.exe, version: 1.0.115.0, time stamp: 0x53a1be02
Faulting module name: EoCApp.exe, version: 1.0.115.0, time stamp: 0x53a1be02
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00099c90
Faulting process id: 0x2dd4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf90c2424c6504
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe
Report Id: 7ba428ab-fcbe-11e3-84bf-bcaec5369e2a

Shereth2:
Faulting application name: EoCApp.exe, version: 1.0.115.0, time stamp: 0x53a1be02
Faulting module name: EoCApp.exe, version: 1.0.115.0, time stamp: 0x53a1be02
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00099c90
Faulting process id: 0x4e04
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf90cb45cb7439
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe
Report Id: 1f8cab56-fcc1-11e3-84bf-bcaec5369e2a

Zipfile with crashreport 1
Zipfile with crashreport 2
Zipfile with crashreport 3
Bug: Invisible henchman that cannot be controlled / dismissed.

I've unfortunately found a pretty severe bug that leaves you unable to have a 4th henchman that follows you and thus unable to use any teleports once you leave the location where they are (or aren't.)

I selected a Level 5 Shadowblade Henchman called Ambrosia and after completing the transaction her portrait showed up by she was not visible.

Checking the map it showed her up near the hand portal. We went to see where she was and a short time after the "Homestead Unlocked" notification appeared.

Clicking her portrait resulted in an error sound. Dragging her portrait resulted in the same. She does not show up in the Assign menu.

We had to move to where it said she was on the map near the portal and then use the pyramid to fast travel back to the North gate. Her model then appeared without armour, and just in her underwear.

The more we travelled the more clones of her appeared with different hair colours etc.

Please see attached screenshot. Sorry I was unable to provide an a report as the tool crashed after I hit generate.

[Linked Image]

Album of errors
© Larian Studios forums