Larian Studios
Posted By: Eamid A new modding team, join me - 18/07/14 05:04 PM
Hi everyone

I'm looking for fellow modders and writers to form a small team and create something beyond a single person's capabilities. If you're interested and have some time to devote, send me a pm or just reply here with some information about yourself, your previous expirience and how you would like to contribute. I'm looking forward to your replies!

Eamid
Posted By: rayDawg Re: A new modding team, join me - 18/07/14 06:01 PM
I'm a bit interested, from what I understand about the current limitations of the editor, I'd say that you'd be limited to creating quests and levels but not anything in depth such as adding voice over, custom animations, custom talents (the passives), etc.
Posted By: Tiaexz Re: A new modding team, join me - 18/07/14 06:06 PM
Generally mod teams are also formed around a shared idea or concept. So providing no thoughts, concepts or theories, leaves the appeal rather lacklustre perhaps to those who may be interested.
Posted By: Feared Re: A new modding team, join me - 18/07/14 06:16 PM
Hmm... I am interested in participating with such a group. I never did real modding on my own until the day the Divinity engine tool came out. Since then i have been spending a unhealthy amount of time with modding. I also like to write story's and have a particular interest in being a director of Photography.

I could tell you more but that's the boring part of my live :>
Posted By: Eamid Re: A new modding team, join me - 18/07/14 06:57 PM
Thank you for your replies. Please leave me your steam id or another way to contact you so we can dicuss things.

What we will start with is to be defined and discussed. I guess creating the concepts, theories and what not is the most exciting part of it and what our first mod will be is most definitively a team decision.
Posted By: Feared Re: A new modding team, join me - 18/07/14 07:02 PM
This is my steam ID http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058569616
Posted By: Tiaexz Re: A new modding team, join me - 18/07/14 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Eamid
I guess creating the concepts, theories and what not is the most exciting part of it

But but.. that is my favourite part. sad

Imagine all these wonderful worlds and stories, then get lost in them, then completely forget to write them down or create them.
Posted By: ITheWestSideI Re: A new modding team, join me - 18/07/14 07:39 PM
Tiaexz brings up a good point. A team should be formed around an idea that everyone wants to contribute to, not just because people want to start modding something. That being said, I would be interested with helping create a mod. I have been using the Elder Scrolls Construction set and Creation Kit for The Elder Scrolls and Fallout since Oblivion. I have never released any content online, but I usually make myself a house or try my hand at a simple dungeon when I mod those types of games.

Currently I am attempting to start a remake of the Shivering Isles from the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion DLC. I pulled a heightmap from the TES construction set and imported it into the divinity engine with Chriskang's heightmap importer. (http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=518432#Post518432) If anyone is interested in my progress or helping me out let me know and maybe I can make a thread about it.

As a modder I am mainly interested in terraining, town building, dungeon building, and level design. I have dabbled a bit into programming (Mainly MATLAB) but have no idea how the scripting in this engine works.

It is likely I wont really put much time into modding until my friend and I finish our playthrough of vanilla Divinity. (but that shouldn't be too long)

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037780007
Posted By: Spaceman Re: A new modding team, join me - 18/07/14 08:00 PM
How about making a steam group ? Or any other support that would allow discussing/writing concepts/ideas ?

Could be interresting.

Posted By: Eamid Re: A new modding team, join me - 18/07/14 08:06 PM
Just keep posting your steam id's, I'm not alone anymore and we're already talking about where we would like to go smile
Posted By: Feared Re: A new modding team, join me - 18/07/14 08:11 PM
Time to open the "Book of knowledge"

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Eamid Re: A new modding team, join me - 18/07/14 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Spaceman
How about making a steam group ? Or any other support that would allow discussing/writing concepts/ideas ?

Could be interresting.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DivineModding

It's public for now and you're very much invited to join.
Posted By: Tiaexz Re: A new modding team, join me - 18/07/14 08:31 PM
I don't know if I can commit, but I am curious/interested, or I could simply give ideas.

There are many parallels with real world Mythology and in Original Sin, you have insight into 'Ragnarok' from Norse Mythology, Pandora's Box from Greek Mythology, etc.

The game alludes to many factions sponsored by the Seven Gods which have their conflicting aims but work on some divine 'council',
Posted By: StrikerShane Re: A new modding team, join me - 18/07/14 08:38 PM
Hey, I saw this thread as I was browsing through and figured I'd finally create an account. I'd love to be part of a group like this as I've had ideas and such swimming in my brain ever since I looked at the Divinity Engine. All though I don't have a massive knowledge of modding (my only time really dabbling into a game's engine was the old toolkit for Dungeon Siege 1) but I'd like to pitch in with the writing. I'm an aspiring author/writer currently in University so I'm thriving to write as much as I can. :P

Also I hope being part of this will finally push me to dive fully into Original Sin. I've been unable to really sink my teeth into it due to commitments and distractions.

Anyway here's my Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197989927453
Posted By: Spaceman Re: A new modding team, join me - 18/07/14 08:47 PM
Yeah i guess this could be really interresting. Mapping and writting for me, we really need worlds and stories that give you "the" feel and thanks to Larian this could become soon a reality. Been a long time since a game had me involve that much.
Feel free to invite me if you feel like it ; http://steamcommunity.com/id/chatlioncrocodile
Posted By: Tiaexz Re: A new modding team, join me - 18/07/14 10:14 PM
With my art-skills looking rather cruddy, I think I might be best in the dialogue department/Story Editing/Stats/Skills/etc. I am good at tinkering and coming up with stuff. http://steamcommunity.com/id/tiaexz
Posted By: rayDawg Re: A new modding team, join me - 18/07/14 10:15 PM
Well in any case my interests are:

1. Active and passive skill design
2. Map design and story writing
3. Creature combat design

As for what I can do, I've used Unity3D, UDk and Unreal Engine 4, I know programming syntax because I can script in C#, python and JS. I've got experience with photoshop and maya 2012. As for modding engines, I've done the RedKit (CDProjekt Red's Witcher engine), Skyrim Creation kit, Source SDK, and Torchlight 2's GUTS. Unfortunately, I would have suggested motion-capture, but I don't have access to a studio anymore, and the funny thing about Larian's video about the mo-cap animators: I have experience with the motion capture hardware that the recording studio uses. Send me a PM and I'll send you a link to my steam profile.
Posted By: SlimJims Re: A new modding team, join me - 23/07/14 07:20 PM
hey man, I got this story/campaign that I've already kinda written down from a couple years back but it never materialized or anything cuz I'm just one dude and no one's really that interested

not sure if that's exactly what you guys need, I mean I bet you already have some kind of adventure in mind to be looking for a crew here in the forums
© Larian Studios forums