Larian Studios
Posted By: Foodchain Enhanced Edition Editor - 27/10/15 06:40 PM
Not seeing the Divinity Engine tool set for the enhanced edition popping up in my Steam tools list. The tool set from the original game doesn't seem to be compatible. Granted, I only tried it for about a minute or two, but it seemed to just be spitting all sorts of errors and exceptions when I tried to load up the EE Campaign.

Any official word from Larian on this? Will we be getting tools to make campaigns for the EE version of the game?
Posted By: Foodchain Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 27/10/15 07:09 PM
From Q&A (http://steamcommunity.com/app/373420/discussions/0/483368526589526428/#p1)

2. Where is the game editor?

There currently is no game editor for Divinity:Original Sin Enhanced Edition. You can make and play mods with the original version of Divinity:Original Sin.

--

Ouch. I'm really bummed out now.
Posted By: Baardvark Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 28/10/15 07:40 PM
Well, the full quote is:

There currently is no game editor for Divinity:Original Sin Enhanced Edition. If you own Divinity:Original Sin, you can make and play mods with the original version of Divinity:Original Sin. We are looking into releasing a new version of the editor that will allow you to make mods for Divinity:Original Sin - Enhanced Edition. Mods from Divinity:Original Sin will not be compatible because too many changes were made to the game.

Who knows when though. The last sentence is the real bummer, but not surprising.
Posted By: Foodchain Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 28/10/15 07:45 PM
Yeah, they actually edited the quote about an hour after I posted this.

It's pretty nice because their initial verbiage seemed to indicate no immediate plans for the editor. With the revised answer, there's clear indication they're planning to release the editor at some point, though it might be long while from now.

The original mods being incompatible with EE was something that was clear to me before release of EE. The lack of modding tools on EE launch wasn't though. I'm glad they're at least looking into it, because mod tools were one of the reasons I bought the original game.
Posted By: bigironvault Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 30/10/15 01:55 AM
Totally agree... mod tools. Need. smile
Posted By: Aenra Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 30/10/15 05:41 AM
Definitely. Give us toys, then leave us be. But give us our toys ^^
Posted By: Festivus Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 24/11/15 06:55 PM
Considering I bought this game specifically because it said it had an editor... yeah I would love it. I want to make mods like I did back in the NWN days. The story is fun, but I really get more out of making my own stories and sharing them with friends.
Posted By: Aenra Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 28/11/15 03:12 PM
Nothing to do with F4 "modders", this is Larian dropping the ball (again, on the same 'front' ffs) all on its own.
- First time around, and after quite some patches (wasn't even usable before if you may recall, not by GOG users) it was too strict, complex and forbidding for anyone to do anything worthy of note with it. Second time around .. well it hasn't even shipped yet. Who knows, might never -

This all being from my perspective of course. Something tells me that the effort having gone into "polish" no one should give a damn about is much more profitable than extra man-hours spent on editor functionalities or services.. in the short run.

I half hope i am proven wrong, but unless they are fine with a direction having nothing to do with what they were about, they will soon come to realise that, in the long run, it is other factors that could have benefited this studio. Ones having fuck all to do with voice overs, flashier graphic"z" or console ports.
Posted By: Baardvark Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 28/11/15 08:08 PM
I think they basically decided the D:OS1 modding scene wasn't worth cultivating at this point, and they're going to put their efforts into D:OS2 for modding. GM mode is pretty ambitious, after all.

And sorry, but voice overs, flashy graphics, and console ports probably do sell more copies than good modding support for 99% of games, as much as I love modding. Only Skyrim, NWN, and the fallouts have probably really seen a great number of sales because of a huge mod community. D:OS's editor was too complicated to join that camp, and the EE wasn't going to rectify that (though I admit, a delayed release really hasn't helped), but based on their kickstarter stretch goals, I think they will make a much stronger effort for D:OS 2.
Posted By: Drobkomant Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 02/12/15 09:14 AM
Hope the editor for EE would be much more user friendly. I Tried the first one, bud even that I am a programmer, it feeled too clumsy. Inspire in NWN editor which had some bad things, but generally was very usable.
Posted By: Aenra Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 05/12/15 01:23 PM
@Raze?

Any word on where we stand regarding an EE editor? Good or bad, long as it paints a clear(er) picture.
I can understand the reason behind the ambiguity of a statement denoting "currently", but some months past, i suppose someone must have a clearer idea of what's going on. And if so, maybe it's high time you guys clarified, even if only so we can put this to rest. Seriously.
Posted By: Raze Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 05/12/15 06:31 PM

I'll check.
Posted By: Aenra Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 05/12/15 07:51 PM
Thanks! :P
Posted By: Raze Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 07/12/15 09:14 AM

The focus right now is on the next patch (testing has started), but once that is done, an updated editor will be released for the EE. If everything goes smoothly (with the game and editor) and no critical issues found, hopefully the editor could possibly be released before Christmas... if not, after.
Posted By: SniperHF Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 07/12/15 10:40 AM
Sounds good. Glad to hear it's still in the plans

And if you happen to wander over to the tools programer's system before the editor ships and enable developer mode I won't tell anybody silence
Posted By: Abraxas* Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 08/12/15 08:45 AM
Won't tell it either ;-)

In regard to some balance-modding (like Baardvark does) and to create really new game-experiences it would be very helpful to be able to modify and add new attributes, abilities, talents and traits, for example. A quite basic thing that is impossible at the moment. Maybe one of the improvements in EEE for christmas?

Anyway, thanks for the good news. I'm really looking forward to the release!

Posted By: Aenra Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 08/12/15 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Raze

The focus right now is on the next patch (testing has started), but once that is done, an updated editor will be released for the EE. If everything goes smoothly (with the game and editor) and no critical issues found, hopefully the editor could possibly be released before Christmas... if not, after.

Woot!!!!! laugh
Posted By: norD Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 21/12/15 09:03 PM
Swen also confirmed that the editor is coming along with the release on Steam OS and all in the update #20 video.

Posted By: SniperHF Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 22/12/15 03:28 AM
Is the editor going to be a frozen version from when the EE was being developed?

Or will it include some of the newer features like the snazzy new dialog editor and stuff like terrain undo, assuming you got around to adding that?.

Another thing before I forget:
Awhile back Raze mentioned that some changes to the workshop make it possible for larger Steam Workshop file sizes. The old version had a 100mb limit which was way too small. I actually had to cut stuff out of my mod to make it fit.
Posted By: norD Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 22/12/15 04:40 PM
I seriously have no idea @SniperHF.
I asked myself the same question and got no answer. Lots of people are on holiday vacations already.
I can say to you though that the terrain undo won't be in since we don't even have that ourselves (sadly).
Posted By: SniperHF Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 22/12/15 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by norD

I can say to you though that the terrain undo won't be in since we don't even have that ourselves (sadly).

That's rough stuff. It was annoying enough with my one medium sized map. Couldn't imagine doing a game the size of D:OS or bigger without it.
Posted By: norD Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 22/12/15 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by SniperHF

That's rough stuff. It was annoying enough with my one medium sized map. Couldn't imagine doing a game the size of D:OS or bigger without it.

You know, we develop techniques! haha
Posted By: Windemere Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 23/12/15 01:29 AM
It's kind of like honor mode for modders. silly
Posted By: Rumm Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 23/12/15 06:34 PM
Platform update is now released. Any information about EE Editor?
Posted By: SniperHF Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 23/12/15 06:47 PM
I don't think the editor is coming quite yet, but if you launch the game with the new patch they clearly added the mod menu back.
Posted By: Rumm Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 23/12/15 06:56 PM
Yeah I figured! Nice to know we're definitely getting there. I guess we just have to spend the Christmas playing instead smile
Posted By: RoguePaladin Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 25/12/15 10:58 AM
I'm glad the editor is still planned to come out this soon; I was starting to wonder if they were just going to not bother with it and focus only on D:OS2 and an editor for that instead.
Posted By: Luckmann Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 28/12/15 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by RoguePaladin
I'm glad the editor is still planned to come out this soon; I was starting to wonder if they were just going to not bother with it and focus only on D:OS2 and an editor for that instead.

"This soon"?
Posted By: Abraxas* Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 08/01/16 11:20 AM
Hallo everyone,

I think it would be a good time to get a little update on when the Editor is going to be released and, maybe, what new functions can be expected.

Do you have any news for us, Raze/norD? Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Raze Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 08/01/16 11:34 AM

I don't think there are any/many new features for the EE editor. There is no updated ETA.
Posted By: Abraxas* Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 08/01/16 01:51 PM
Okay, thanks for your quick reply.

Quite a triste situation for modders over the last months, to be honest (actually, since the first version of the D:OS Editor was released). Your fantastic game and its (quite) mighty editor have the potential to evolve really good mods. But there seem to be no ressources and/or there's no interest in supporting that properly since the focus is on D:OS 2 and its editor as RoguePaladin had supposed?
Posted By: SniperHF Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 10/01/16 09:55 AM
Well some new features would be appreciated, but with it being mostly the same I'll be able to work without a learning curve. Assuming there's no horrible bugs or something.

Also don't forget to include all the fancy stats macro enabled excel sheets wave
Posted By: Aenra Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 15/01/16 08:40 PM
/shameless bump

(though am not complaining, happy it's in the works!)

((the sooner the better of course))

(((if someone gave an ETA, no one would mind)))
Posted By: norD Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 16/01/16 06:42 PM
I've asked the question myself @Aenra and I don't have any answers smile
I would be happy, like all of you, to have an ETA.
Posted By: CautionTape Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 24/01/16 05:13 PM
Hey everyone, looks like this thread has stagnated a bit, so I figure I'll hop in and give it a bump. Just wanted to say I absolutely love this game. I started on Enhanced Edition, so I don't have access to any game editor right now. I actually bought EE the week it came out, and I've put nearly 200hrs into the game. I felt a little deceived about my purchase when "build your own adventure" was stressed as a big feature of Divinity, and wasn't actually available to me when I went looking for it. The last ETA mentioned that the editor could have possibly been out before Christmas. Its a little bit scary to think that after missing that estimate by a month, there's still no idea of when the editor will be ready. If not a new ETA, could someone at least give an update on what went wrong?
Posted By: Aenra Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 25/01/16 03:07 AM
Nothing went "wrong" as far as i know smile

Simply put, the console/other OS ports got delayed, meaning in turn the inevitably required (extra) patches got delayed, ultimately resulting in the editor itself getting delayed as well, since it would have to be released after both the afore mentioned milestones were met.
Which is why am saying above that i'm happy it's still in the works. This game took them a hell of a lot more time than they originally anticipated. And they're still not done.

It's all about starting to get a hang of Larian's sense of time, which in true form, lol, really is ..relative.. smile
Posted By: Retrac47 Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 13/02/16 03:58 PM
Bump!

Any updates on the progress? I'm definitely excited about all the updates we've been getting on DOS:2, but I would love to play through enhanced edition with 3 of my friends.
Posted By: Aenra Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 13/02/16 04:27 PM
As far as i know the editor will be released after the upcoming patch (the one currently being worked on). Since there's no ETA for said patch's release, there's currently no ETA for the editor either.
Posted By: Abraxas* Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 13/02/16 04:38 PM
But might there be an ETA for the ETA...? wink
Posted By: Aenra Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 13/02/16 11:02 PM
bah, wanted to post an image..

Ever read Asterix? Remember the "fish diviner"? smile
Posted By: Raze Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 13/02/16 11:05 PM

What was the link? I can remove it from the spam filter.
Posted By: Aenra Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 14/02/16 10:22 AM
heh, very kind of you, but i deleted it when i edited the post..

No big deal anyway, just a scan from the actual cartoon, the diviner politely asking if he could perhaps "facilitate" the process by "reading" Idéfix, lol
Posted By: Einherjar101 Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 14/02/16 08:34 PM
Just wanted to chime in and ask if we could even just get a status update. Even if there is no release date, just let us know whats happening with this atm / were are the team and/or what are they stuck on.

Would just be nice to hear what the progress is and the reason its still in production?
Posted By: Raze Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 15/02/16 01:26 AM

AFAIK the editor just needs to be update/tested with the game update that is currently being worked on.
Posted By: NutJob Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 15/02/16 03:55 PM

AFAIK the editor just needs to be update/tested with the game update that is currently being worked on.

Well, that certainly can reflect a broad time range from tomorrow to months down the road but glad to hear it's on the way someday.

I recently beat the game (which was difficult; fantastic!) and would love to delve into making my own stories and world.

Can we allow other races in our mods at character creation? Sorry, it's a burning question I have in anticipation of the EE editor.

Posted By: SniperHF Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 16/02/16 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by NutJob

Can we allow other races in our mods at character creation? Sorry, it's a burning question I have in anticipation of the EE editor.

Yeah it can probably be done, but would require a bit of hackery to make it work elegantly. Also you wouldn't have all the options for portraits and such.

The other problem is many of the other models for NPCS do not have all the animations the human player templates have.
Posted By: NutJob Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 17/02/16 05:35 PM
I think I need to stop checking this thread hourly. -laughs-
Posted By: EinTroll Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 06/03/16 01:17 PM
It's, uh... been some time. Is the next EE patch still coming with the EE-updated editor?

I'm sure I'll notice Steam updating the game when it comes, but I've been wanting to get back into the EE recently and have this nagging desire to only do so if I can create some items in the campaign from an editor...
Posted By: Aenra Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 06/03/16 01:43 PM
Unless i'm mistaken, the editor won't be out simultaneously with the patch. First the patch coming out, then some extra QA with the editor so they can see how well it 'behaves' with the latest game version. This is the best case scenario (dreadfully* long as that can take) at the moment.

Worst case scenario is they finish all patches for all versions (rather than pushing the console port patches further back, delayed as they already are), and THEN start QA-ing for the editor.

*edit: ok hyperbole, lol.. but it HAS been too damn long already :p
Posted By: NutJob Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 10/03/16 04:19 PM
Steam is updating! Can't wait to get into the editor and start creating.
Posted By: Foodchain Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 10/03/16 06:18 PM
Don't think this is the editor patch. This seems to a small bugfix patch.
Posted By: Namea Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 16/03/16 10:09 PM
No editor yet but excited to see that it's forthcoming! After untold hours spent modding NWN, the Elder Scrolls series, the Fallout series, and Dragon Age: Origins I am excited at the prospect of modding and downloading community creations for the enhanced edition.

I mean as great as the game is already there are a few aesthetic tweaks I'd like and of course the idea of whole new worlds and stories to explore from other players is just super exciting.
Posted By: SniperHF Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 18/03/16 05:59 AM
So, is today the day or do we roll into next week suspicion
Posted By: Raze Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 18/03/16 08:50 AM

Maybe today, if a remaining issue can be resolved.
Posted By: Aenra Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 19/03/16 03:10 AM
Guys make a proper announcement. The more awareness, the higher chances for some 'real' mods.
(ie non-graphical ones..)

I suppose further incentivising through some 'official' competition or other is out of the question?
edit: Perhaps three D:OS2 copies, for the three best voted?
Posted By: norD Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 19/03/16 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Aenra
Guys make a proper announcement. The more awareness, the higher chances for some 'real' mods.
(ie non-graphical ones..)

I suppose further incentivising through some 'official' competition or other is out of the question?
edit: Perhaps three D:OS2 copies, for the three best voted?

I'll pass the idea to the team. I like that.
Posted By: Aenra Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 19/03/16 11:35 AM
ooh, nice!
Thank you ^^
Posted By: EinTroll Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 19/03/16 03:40 PM
So the EE Editor is going to be ready soon, then? That's quite shiny.

One question, though. Will the EE Editor be separate from the D:OS Editor (The Divinity Engine), or will it be an upgrade, requiring just an update?

My apologies if I'm missing important facts, I haven't been following the forums for anything other than spam cleaning for a good while now.
Posted By: Raze Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 19/03/16 07:26 PM

It will be separate from the D:OS editor.
Posted By: SniperHF Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 21/03/16 05:08 PM
Sasquatch sighting
http://i.imgur.com/VIu6J3T.png?1
Posted By: Raze Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 21/03/16 05:39 PM

Steam just has to push a button.
Posted By: Aenra Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 21/03/16 05:39 PM
what is ..sasquatch? smile
Posted By: Raze Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 21/03/16 06:06 PM

A sasquatch (AKA bigfoot) is a mythological creature, rarely sighted (only at long distances or by those with cameras that are out of focus) but with no actual proof they exist.
Posted By: Aenra Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 21/03/16 06:12 PM
aaah.. got you smile

am NOT excited, am NOT excited, am NOT excited. Nuh uh
Posted By: Abraxas* Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 21/03/16 07:06 PM
Could it be? Looking forward to your mod Dunamis, Sniper. Haven't played it yet, but I will when it's updated!

Posted By: RiiJ Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 22/03/16 05:17 AM

Any chance that GOG push it first?
Posted By: Windemere Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 22/03/16 12:07 PM
I wouldn't count on it, GOG has always lagged behind Steam when it comes to game and editor updates.
Posted By: Thiev Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 22/03/16 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by RiiJ

Any chance that GOG push it first?

It should be added today (if it works with GOG version)
Posted By: Abraxas* Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 22/03/16 05:43 PM
Can't steam find the button, or is it trap-trouble?
Posted By: DM1311 Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 22/03/16 09:10 PM
From the GOG Galaxy update window for DOS:EE:

Patch 2.0.113.775 (Editor) (22 March 2016)

This patch adds the Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition Mod Editor.
Please note that this Editor is for Windows only.

:D
Posted By: SniperHF Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 22/03/16 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Abraxas*
Can't steam find the button, or is it trap-trouble?

My guess would be Valve pushed back with something and Larian are understandably not operating right now with the attack that happened.

Originally Posted by DM1311
From the GOG Galaxy update window for DOS:EE:

Patch 2.0.113.775 (Editor) (22 March 2016)

This patch adds the Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition Mod Editor.
Please note that this Editor is for Windows only.

laugh

Heh, I was planning on switching to Steam for the EE (I Used the GOG editor for the original) and this is the ONE TIME GOG gets something first.

Downloading I guess horsey
Posted By: norD Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 23/03/16 01:51 AM

My guess would be Valve pushed back with something and Larian are understandably not operating right now with the attack that happened.

Larian is in Gent. So, on a positive note, everything was still running on our side.
I've no idea why the editor is still not released on Steam though.
Posted By: Raze Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 23/03/16 01:59 AM

Steam approved it, but there was a delay for some reason.
Posted By: Thiev Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 23/03/16 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by norD

Larian is in Gent. So, on a positive note, everything was still running on our side.
I've no idea why the editor is still not released on Steam though.

I could download it yesterday without problems think
Posted By: Raze Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 23/03/16 07:27 AM

It is visible in Steam for developer accounts.
Posted By: Windemere Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 23/03/16 12:48 PM

Heh, I was planning on switching to Steam for the EE (I Used the GOG editor for the original) and this is the ONE TIME GOG gets something first.

Downloading I guess horsey

I know, right! delight
Posted By: Windemere Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 23/03/16 01:08 PM
Seems to be working for me. I was happy to see a working resize button on the terrain editor too.
Posted By: Abraxas* Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 23/03/16 03:54 PM
Still not visible on steam? - Yes. Poor me. frown
Posted By: Rhidian Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 23/03/16 06:06 PM
For Steam, would it be a separate Tool from the classic Editor, or is it an update to it instead?
Posted By: Abraxas* Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 23/03/16 06:14 PM
It's separated (s. page 3 of this thread).
Posted By: SniperHF Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 23/03/16 06:22 PM
It's separated (s. page 3 of this thread).

The GOG version isn't even a separate install, it's a regular patch. So maybe the steam version will just be a patch?
Posted By: Abraxas* Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 23/03/16 06:42 PM
You mean you have the EE Editor now instead of both the old and the new one?

Just for interest: Did you try to use your level-files with the new editor already?
Posted By: Aenra Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 23/03/16 11:07 PM
You mean you have the EE Editor now instead of both the old and the new one?

goblin tired, may have misunderstood.

For GOG it was a patch executable (or was it a batch? Am tired..) with the typical numeric sequence, ie had i not known, i wouldn't have expected it to have the editor; after i run it, a subfolder named "The Divinity Engine Enhanced Edition" was automatically created within my D:OS directory; i assume it read my registry keys, as i have a non-default location.

Inside that folder it saw muuuuuuch magikz!!! But too stoopid to understand.. silly

edit: i guess @Larian decided to forgo making even a simple announcement?
(unless i'm missing something anyway. Why...)
Posted By: Baardvark Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 24/03/16 12:42 AM
Well, I assume they'll announce when it actually gets released on Steam where 90% of Windows owners own D:OS. Still not showing up for me. I can wait a few more days after waiting six months, but still feels kind of anticlimactic.
Posted By: Raze Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 24/03/16 01:25 AM

There will be an official announcement when it is released on Steam.
Posted By: Aenra Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 24/03/16 09:30 AM
Alright..won't ask again, lol, i promise smile
Posted By: Abraxas* Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 24/03/16 09:36 AM
Alright..won't ask again, lol, i promise smile

Sounds like a question to me wink
Posted By: Aenra Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 24/03/16 11:19 AM
rhetoric dear, just rhetoric.. if all else fails (try Wales) i can always plead for cultural differences, lol
Posted By: Abraxas* Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 24/03/16 11:31 AM
Cultural differences... Hmmm, so not everyone has to be like Abraxas?

Edit: But this interludium is a bit off-topic. Let's get back to asking and start complaining about steam. Usual business smile
Posted By: Airos Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 24/03/16 07:36 PM
Unless I'm misunderstanding something, it would appear that the editor is now available in the Steam client (Library>Tools>The Divinity Engine Enhanced Edition).
Posted By: SniperHF Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 24/03/16 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Airos
Unless I'm misunderstanding something, it would appear that the editor is now available in the Steam client (Library>Tools>The Divinity Engine Enhanced Edition).

Don't have it yet here.
Posted By: Pavaman Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 25/03/16 05:03 PM

I have that too but not sure what to make of it, also shouldnt that prompt the steam workshop to appear for EE?

Posted By: Abraxas* Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 25/03/16 05:09 PM
I have that too but not sure what to make of it, also shouldnt that prompt the steam workshop to appear for EE?

I would like to be in that situation, too. But it doesn't appear under tools for me; there's still just the old editor.

Can't you right-click on it and install/play?
Posted By: SniperHF Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 25/03/16 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Pavaman

The workshop tab has been available since last week. Nothing is there of course.
Posted By: Pavaman Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 25/03/16 07:47 PM
My bad, missed it on the library/store page but I see now it is on the community page smile
Posted By: Baardvark Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 25/03/16 08:55 PM
So uh... yeah, still no editor for steam? I'm not seeing anything. Uploaded a tuesday, still nothing friday, so we'll have to wait till monday? I assume this is steam's issue, but not sure what's happening and why some people seem to see the new editor and others don't.
Posted By: Raze Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 25/03/16 10:28 PM

It should be available some time next week.
Posted By: Airos Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 26/03/16 08:45 AM

I would like to be in that situation, too. But it doesn't appear under tools for me; there's still just the old editor.

Can't you right-click on it and install/play?

Yep. I was able to download, install and launch it. It asked where the game data was located, I figured I didn't want to mess around with anything until the official launch, so I closed it.
Posted By: Abraxas* Re: Enhanced Edition Editor - 26/03/16 09:58 AM
Yep. I was able to download, install and launch it. It asked where the game data was located, I figured I didn't want to mess around with anything until the official launch, so I closed it.

So you had higher values in lucky charm (I never max it out); and quite much willpower it seems. wink

Raze gave some more information on Steam Forum:

It won't officially be out until next week sometime. Steam enabled it early (for some people), due to a miss-communication.

Still not clear why it was/is delayed (for Steam or for the official launch) but, well, it will be out next week.

© Larian Studios forums