Larian Studios

EE pak extractor

Posted By: Draba

EE pak extractor - 28/10/15 03:55 AM

Is there any official word about the new pak files? Is their content supposed to be accessible/what format do they use?
Posted By: SniperHF

Re: EE pak extractor - 28/10/15 04:29 PM

I have no idea and unfortunately this kinda stuff is over my head. Hopefully one of the people who worked on this in the past are still interested.

I do know that none of the old stuff works as it looks like they changed something under the hood.
Posted By: Norbyte

Re: EE pak extractor - 28/10/15 09:21 PM

An experimental version is available, no guarantees that it'll work though smile
https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool-v1.7.2.zip

Re: EE pak extractor - 28/10/15 09:54 PM

Many thanks.
Posted By: Draba

Re: EE pak extractor - 28/10/15 10:19 PM

Extraction works like a charm, deleting the pak and replacing it with the raw(and edited) contents worked without an issue so far.
That was fast, thanks!
Posted By: bigironvault

Re: EE pak extractor - 28/10/15 10:50 PM

Now we need 4 players! pretty please!
Posted By: Aenra

Re: EE pak extractor - 29/10/15 06:51 AM

Norbyte you are amazing! Thank you very much man smile
Posted By: Luckmann

Re: EE pak extractor - 29/10/15 09:49 AM

Absolutely wonderful! Will try out immediately! laugh

Re: EE pak extractor - 29/10/15 05:47 PM

UPDATE: v1.0.1 released; this version can properly read and write D:OS EE model and animation (GR2) files.
Posted By: Parkan

Re: EE pak extractor - 29/10/15 08:57 PM

greeting to all.I have few question regardless extractor and editing game files.

1.Downloaded extractor,in this program i chose main.pak to extract.Extracted files,then i copy them to Data folder of Divinity EE.Delete main.pak,laucnh game.All work fine.If i try to edit something like this:In folder data\mods\main\charactercreation\properties.lsx i change this lines:
<attribute id="NumStartingAbilityPoints" value="5" type="4" />
<attribute id="NumStartingAttributePoints" value="5" type="4" />
<attribute id="NumStartingTalentPoints" value="2" type="4" />

The game after lauch say about error,but loading fine and without any changes.

Is anyone can help me to find few things:How edit start ability,talent,stat points of characters and ability of increasing party to at least 4-6 members?

Re: EE pak extractor - 29/10/15 09:41 PM

Thanks again Norbyte smile
Posted By: bigironvault

Re: EE pak extractor - 29/10/15 10:09 PM

Does this allow for 4 custom characters or just for connectivity?
Posted By: pscz

Re: EE pak extractor - 30/10/15 07:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Parkan
greeting to all.I have few question regardless extractor and editing game files.

1.Downloaded extractor,in this program i chose main.pak to extract.Extracted files,then i copy them to Data folder of Divinity EE.Delete main.pak,laucnh game.All work fine.If i try to edit something like this:In folder data\mods\main\charactercreation\properties.lsx i change this lines:
<attribute id="NumStartingAbilityPoints" value="5" type="4" />
<attribute id="NumStartingAttributePoints" value="5" type="4" />
<attribute id="NumStartingTalentPoints" value="2" type="4" />

The game after lauch say about error,but loading fine and without any changes.

Is anyone can help me to find few things:How edit start ability,talent,stat points of characters and ability of increasing party to at least 4-6 members?

I've done pretty much the same thing, with the same result.
I've also tried to change HenchMen and ClassPresets, to no avail.

It seems the game engine just doesn't care about the .LSX files. Just to make sure it wasn't still loading old files, I deleted the original .PAK files after extracting them. The game starts fine, but my changes are still ignored. Has anyone been able to figure out why this happens?

As a side note, you can make the game shut up about the invalid files by clearing the "MD5" value in the meta.lsx file,
which I suppose immediately invalidates my previous claim about the game engine not caring about the .LSX files.

I guess the CharacterCreation stuff is handled differently than the other .LSX files...

Has anyone been able to figure out if there is some way to get the game to accept your modified files?
Posted By: Nii

Re: EE pak extractor - 30/10/15 08:36 PM

EE has new MainLSF.pak that contains henchmen files and many other that overwrites all your changes. This is Larians way to say have fun modding.
Posted By: PredatorV

Re: EE pak extractor - 31/10/15 09:58 AM

I have the same problem - when I inserting Localization / English.pak
When i translated into another language, is still loading English texts (I do not know where) - do not take it new file .pak.

Please, solve this problem...

Re: EE pak extractor - 31/10/15 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: PredatorV
When i translated into another language, is still loading English texts (I do not know where) - do not take it new file .pak.

I've updated the tool today to fix some packaging problems:
(v1.0.2)
* Fix some incompatibilities in the handling of deflate streams
* Fix CRC calculation on compressed files
* Add CRC verification when decompressing
* Save file compression flags properly
Posted By: pscz

Re: EE pak extractor - 31/10/15 05:47 PM

Same link as before?

Re: EE pak extractor - 31/10/15 09:21 PM

Yep
Posted By: pakhelp

Re: EE pak extractor - 02/11/15 12:34 AM

can someone help me? when I try to use the editor I get this error

http://imgur.com/Cx8lQfs

Re: EE pak extractor - 02/11/15 06:09 AM

Redownload the extractor again, should be OK now

... scratch that, it should be working fine.
The app is targeting .NET 4.5, and the "BinaryReader(Stream,&#8194;Encoding,&#8194;Boolean)" ctor was added in v4.5, yet yours is missing it. A mystery ...

Can you redownload this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653 and try again?
Posted By: Did Kokos

Re: EE pak extractor - 02/11/15 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: PredatorV

So. I have the same problem.

Re: EE pak extractor - 02/11/15 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Did Kokos
So. I have the same problem.

Well ...
What did you change in English.pak exactly?
How did you recompress the package? (What options did you use, was the input path the same as the output path during decompression?)
If you're sure that you did everything correctly, can you upload a copy of the broken .pak somewhere for inspection?

Re: EE pak extractor - 03/11/15 08:38 AM

I edited the file is not English, so I do translation into another language. and I want to leave English as any other edits. But when unpacking any localization file when you start the game it switched to English only. If you replace the default file pak everything is working properly. But even if you edit a purely English localization, the game strangely does not accept the changes. It will display a standard text. WHERE IT TAKES?
Unpacking and packing files made in standard mode.
Here repacked file
I do not know whether I'm doing right or not. Just want to ask how to do it right?

Re: EE pak extractor - 03/11/15 05:28 PM

You should repack the directory where you unpacked the original .PAK to; otherwise the relative paths inside the .PAK will be incorrect.

Let's take an example:
Extracting Russian.pak to C:\stuff\ will get you:
PAK Localization\Russian\Fonts\fonts.lsx --> Filesystem C:\stuff\Localization\Russian\Fonts\fonts.lsx
PAK Localization\Russian\russian.xml --> Filesystem C:\stuff\Localization\Russian\russian.xml
[etc.]

When you later repack C:\stuff, the prefix of the paths will be stripped, so you'll get:
Filesystem C:\stuff\Localization\Russian\Fonts\fonts.lsx -> PAK Localization\Russian\Fonts\fonts.lsx
Filesystem C:\stuff\Localization\Russian\russian.xml --> PAK Localization\Russian\russian.xml

... however, when you only repack a *subdirectory*, eg. C:\stuff\Localization\Russian, you get:
Filesystem C:\stuff\Localization\Russian\Fonts\fonts.lsx -> PAK Fonts\fonts.lsx
Filesystem C:\stuff\Localization\Russian\russian.xml --> PAK russian.xml

Notice how the relative paths in the PAK are different; the new package has "Fonts\fonts.lsx" instead of the correct "Localization\Russian\Fonts\fonts.lsx", this is why your package doesn't work.

Re: EE pak extractor - 04/11/15 08:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Norbyte
You should repack the directory where you unpacked the original .PAK to; otherwise the relative paths inside the .PAK will be incorrect.

... however, when you only repack a *subdirectory*, eg. C:\stuff\Localization\Russian, you get:
Filesystem C:\stuff\Localization\Russian\Fonts\fonts.lsx -> PAK Fonts\fonts.lsx
Filesystem C:\stuff\Localization\Russian\russian.xml --> PAK russian.xml

Notice how the relative paths in the PAK are different; the new package has "Fonts\fonts.lsx" instead of the correct "Localization\Russian\Fonts\fonts.lsx", this is why your package doesn't work.

Thank you for the explanation. Everything works.

Re: EE pak extractor - 05/11/15 08:53 PM

Updated the extractor again.
Changelist for 1.1 -> 1.3:
- Add LSF write support
- Fix TranslatedString serialization for LSF
- Fix conversion of GR2 models that use 16-bit vertex indices
- Add support for v7, v9 and v10 package formats
Posted By: Parkan

Re: EE pak extractor - 05/11/15 09:10 PM

Link?

Re: EE pak extractor - 05/11/15 09:24 PM

The usual, https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool-v1.7.2.zip
Posted By: Kidling

Re: EE pak extractor - 06/11/15 12:00 AM

1000x Thanks Norbyte!! Working great, just did the movement speed increase mod :)
Posted By: Corgan

Re: EE pak extractor - 08/11/15 06:03 AM

Awesome tool, been using it to change up some dialog options, but it looks like the LSX->LSF writing seems break when it encounters a <children> element in the LSX xml tree. Any <node> elements within the <children> tags are being added to the parent's DOM level, and breaks dialog completely :(

You can reproduce this with any of the LSF files in Mods\Main\Story\Keywords from within MainLSF.pak

The particular file I was tinkering with was JAH_Default.lsf, if it helps.

What I did was converted the file from LSF->LSX, LSX->LSF, and then LSF->LSX again, comparing the original LSX to the "processed" LSX.

Any way you could add support for the children tags so that it'll output properly?

Re: EE pak extractor - 08/11/15 09:16 AM

LSX loading is now fixed in v1.3.1 smile

Re: EE pak extractor - 08/11/15 02:31 PM

Thanks again for all the work Norbyte smile

You ever, erm, find the time or need for some extra work..well..i don't suppose we'd mind if you brouth the save game editor up to date as well ^^
Posted By: Corgan

Re: EE pak extractor - 09/11/15 12:07 AM

Nice, thanks Norbyte. That fixed it!

http://i.imgur.com/wzt04vL.png smile

Re: EE pak extractor - 09/11/15 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Aenra

You ever, erm, find the time or need for some extra work..well..i don't suppose we'd mind if you brouth the save game editor up to date as well ^^

Well I'll take a look at it, but no guarantees...
Posted By: MrWoof

Re: EE pak extractor - 09/11/15 09:57 PM

Norbyte, I'm using v1.3.1 and I had two questions.

1. Is there a way that the program can output a readable file? As in, line breaks? Example shown in the picture:
Click to reveal..

2. Is it possible to have a batch way to convert lsf files to lsx? I really want to get a look at changing some things but having to convert one file at a time when there are hundreds of them is unrealistic.

No matter the answer, thank you for your program and time!
Posted By: thechosen1

Re: EE pak extractor - 10/11/15 07:44 AM

MrWoof, You can use notepad++ with the XML tools plugin. (you need to add the plugin).
Just press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT B and it will show it with all of the line breaks.

Re: EE pak extractor - 10/11/15 02:55 PM

OMG thank you!

Re: EE pak extractor - 11/11/15 03:20 AM

Hey Norbyte, after today's patch (11/10) I'm unable to fully unpack Main.pak. A ways in, this message box appears:
Click to reveal..
I'm guessing something on their end changed? Thanks for taking a look!

Re: EE pak extractor - 11/11/15 06:30 AM

Both Main.pak and Materials.pak (the files patched yesterday) extract successfully for me.
Can you "Verify local files" on Steam to make sure that your Main.pak is OK?

Re: EE pak extractor - 11/11/15 07:10 AM

Thanks, that seems to have worked. I probably screwed something up previously with it. Sorry about that! Thanks for the reply!

Re: EE pak extractor - 11/11/15 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Aenra

Well I'll take a look at it, but no guarantees...

woot!

My thanks in advance (again), regardless of outcome smile

Re: EE pak extractor - 15/11/15 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: MrWoof
Norbyte, I'm using v1.3.1 and I had two questions.

1. Is there a way that the program can output a readable file? As in, line breaks? Example shown in the picture:
Click to reveal..

2. Is it possible to have a batch way to convert lsf files to lsx? I really want to get a look at changing some things but having to convert one file at a time when there are hundreds of them is unrealistic.

No matter the answer, thank you for your program and time!

Added XML pretty printing and batch conversion in v1.4.
Posted By: Baardvark

Re: EE pak extractor - 16/11/15 10:57 PM

A lot more usable with readable files and batch conversion, yay! And only one Convert button instead of save/loading LSBs. Great work Norbyte.

And I noticed you can unpack story files now? That's probably not very useful without the ability to recompile the story, though, right? Gotta wait for the editor to really start scripting?

Re: EE pak extractor - 17/11/15 06:24 PM

Thats a WIP feature, I'm hoping to add some additional stuff (like compilation) later.

Re: EE pak extractor - 22/11/15 09:56 PM

Just to clarify, the Pak extractor only extracts SOME files? I just don't understand where a lot of stuff is stored (e.g., talent effects), and I assume they must be in some files that your extractor just doesn't touch because they're Larian-specific files or something that we just can't open?

Re: EE pak extractor - 23/11/15 06:27 AM

No, it extracts everything.
Talent effects are hardcoded in EoCApp.exe.
Posted By: Obbu

Re: EE pak extractor - 27/12/15 04:52 AM

Norton really does not like this program at all.

edit: you need to add an exception to your sonar etc for the whole folder to get it to work.

Re: EE pak extractor - 30/01/16 10:32 PM

Norton has no issue with this.
Got a 22.5.5.15 NIS (bought and paid for) and have never had any trouble. Are your sonar settings perhaps at an overly high level?

Which by the way, you do not need. Sonar 'on', all its subcategories to 'off' is good enough
Posted By: Keldian

Re: EE pak extractor - 19/04/16 09:29 AM

Hi i am having trouble with the LSF files from the MainLSF.pak. When i try to convert them (eg properties.lsf) to the LSX Format i get this error.

Converting existing lsx to lsf and back works fine. Do they use a new serialization or am i doing something wrong?

Re: EE pak extractor - 20/04/16 12:51 AM

Had the same issue here.

Re: EE pak extractor - 21/04/16 12:36 AM

I'll investigate and add support for the new LSF format asap smile

Re: EE pak extractor - 21/04/16 11:14 AM

Someone give him a medal laugh

Re: EE pak extractor - 23/04/16 03:07 PM

I've added support for v2 LSF files.
I haven't worked out all the details yet, so some files may fail to load unfortunately.

Re: EE pak extractor - 23/04/16 05:43 PM

Thank you for the umpteenth time Norbyte, much obliged! laugh
Posted By: Keldian

Re: EE pak extractor - 25/04/16 08:54 AM

Thanks for the first time, its working great.
Posted By: tobi1449

Re: EE pak extractor - 01/05/16 11:31 AM

I'm getting this when trying to convert the globals.lsf to a lsx file
http://imgur.com/zd4Ygmn

I'm using the latest GoG version.
Posted By: devonsoft

Re: EE pak extractor - 01/05/16 08:04 PM

I am getting the same error on my globals.lsf System.OutOfMemoryException: Array dimensions exceeded supported range.

Here is a link to the file https://www.dropbox.com/s/012kzqs8e5dp7rk/globals.lsf?dl=0

Re: EE pak extractor - 02/05/16 04:30 PM

Yeah, this is a known issue at the moment with larger LSF files, sadly frown
I'm trying to find out why these files decompress incorrectly, but haven't found the root cause yet.
Posted By: Tampa2

Re: EE pak extractor - 04/05/16 06:00 AM

I believe I know what the problem could be. Would you be willing to post the source code here so I could take a look at it? It's written in C# or VB right? The problem I think is that the maximum amount of items in an array is limited by the maximum integer size. I think since the files are so large the maximum integer limit is being reached.

If you would be willing to post the source code I would be extremely grateful!

Re: EE pak extractor - 06/05/16 03:35 PM

Here it is:
https://github.com/Norbyte/lslib/tree/master/LSLib

The prolematic part starts here:
https://github.com/Norbyte/lslib/blob/master/LSLib/LS/LSFReader.cs#L483

The problem is that the LSFv2 format introduced chunked compression, where the LZ4 stream is split into multiple parts. However, simply putting the chunks together corrupts the output stream subtly, ie. some output bytes become consistently different while most of the others stay the same. Because of this, streams over 0x8000 bytes (that are chunked) will probably decompress incorrectly. This is what causes the out of memory error (array sizes becoming impossibly large as the decompressed length values are corrupted).
I don't really know why it could be, but I'll experiment with it a bit when I have some time.

Re: EE pak extractor - 06/05/16 05:53 PM

Eh, I actually managed to fix it!
Sooo v1.5 is available at the usual location!

Re: EE pak extractor - 07/05/16 09:12 AM

well done! laugh

edit: @Raze can we give Norbyte a custom tag, lol? 'Tinkerer' maybe, or something similar, lol
Posted By: Fab71

Re: EE pak extractor - 19/05/16 11:02 PM

the link for ExportTool is no longer valid (desactivated account)

Re: EE pak extractor - 20/05/16 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Fab71
the link for ExportTool is no longer valid (deactivated account)

It says for me his account exceeded the bandwidth limit. It will probably be available again at some point.

Maybe Norbyte could upload it to NexusMods under the tools section so it's in a more permanent place.
Posted By: Foodchain

Re: EE pak extractor - 22/05/16 04:17 PM

Does anyone have a copy they could temporarily rehost on something like mediafire or onedrive
Posted By: Kokosik

Re: EE pak extractor - 22/05/16 05:34 PM

Link is not working. Can you share? Please?

Re: EE pak extractor - 22/05/16 08:21 PM

Temp link until the Dropbox one starts working again:

Re: EE pak extractor - 23/05/16 01:46 AM

Thanks Norbyte ^^
Posted By: Kokosik

Re: EE pak extractor - 23/05/16 01:39 PM

Oh! Thanks men!

Re: EE pak extractor - 25/05/16 11:31 AM

hello, I have an error when I want to decompress a .pak.
http://imgur.com/CN6YXth
Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Re: EE pak extractor - 01/06/16 04:14 PM

Hi Fab71,

Can you (re)download the .NET runtime from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653 and try again?
Posted By: hamburglin

Re: EE pak extractor - 09/07/16 01:19 AM

Hey Norbyte,

Amazing tool! I'm having an issue getting my modified save file to work:

• I unpack the lsv save file.
  • I convert the global.lsf to global.lsx.
  • I modify global.lsx (literally changed one of my characters ability points from 1 to 5 for a test).
  • I convert the modified global.lsx back to global.lsf.
  • I create a package from the directory I initially unpacked to.
  • I put the new save game lsv file in the old save game directory.

My game crashes everytime I try to load it. It also shows the "this saved game may be corrupt" message as well.

Any ideas? I simply unpacked a save and then repacked it to make sure that the tool worked. It did.

EDIT: Ok, either I'm doing this wrong or found a bug. If I convert global.lsf to global.lsx and back again without changing ANYTHING, and then remake the package, the game crashes when loading with this lsv. Even the sizes are different. The new, crashing one is 6,000k whereas the working one is 5,400k. What's even stranger is that I can convert to and from global.lsf to glboal.lsx all day with no errors and without losing bytes.

EDIT 2: Just for your awareness, I tried doing the batch conversions (back and forth without changing anything) instead. In this case, the game file said "incompatible" when I tried to select it form the saved games.

Re: EE pak extractor - 09/07/16 11:53 PM

Hi hamburglin,

I checked the conversion and it seems to work for me smirk
Can you upload your original (working) and non-working globals.lsf somewhere so I could check whats wrong?
Thanks!
Posted By: hamburglin

Re: EE pak extractor - 10/07/16 07:30 AM

Sure! When I have some time I'll upload them.
Posted By: FrauBlake

Re: EE pak extractor - 22/07/16 11:17 PM

Hi Norbyte and thanks a lot for this amazing tool !

One question though:
Is it really necessary to disable V1 .lsx to binary compression (and vice versa) ?

Some might still want to use the tool for classic modding, because it's a necessity for more serious modding, and classic probably has tons more of old version files.

Tried to convert the current ItemCombosPreview.lsx to LSB and that threw an 'old version not supported exception'. Could do it with the old (pre-EE) tool (and with an older version of the current tool last year before the editor came out) though and could do it with the current one after manually copying two 'version lines' from a newser LSX to the file.
(which of course I could not do when decompressing: copying some bytes into the binary.)

EE probably still has a wild mix of old and new version files and maybe that is the reason why recently my attempts to unpack some book LSBs failed. And probably the reason why batch conversion failed until the 'offending' LSBs were removed from the directory.

It's only XML after all or is there some magic I haven't noticed yet ?
(like the 'chunk thing')
Posted By: Katsuki

Re: EE pak extractor - 23/07/16 12:26 PM

Hi all,

First of all, sincerely appreciate the effort by Norbyte on the NorbyteTool (there are japanese forums call this tool as NorbyteTool :P)

2 things I have found out so far.

1) For savefile, we don't have to convert the package back to lsv, the game can read the respective lsf directly as long as they are all in place.
E.g. Autosave folder which consists of 'meta.lsf', 'globals.lsf' and 'levelcache/*.lsf' total 5 files will be loaded just fine.

2) When converting from LSF -> LSX a header named Header.Unknown is not read (
when converting back LSX -> LSF replaces it as 0x200000 so it is lost in the process, the source file indicates a different number which I don't have a clue what it is, maybe a version number, in my case, it is 2104000C (553910284)).

Without this header, the meta.lsf will mark the savefile as 'incompatible', and globals.lsf will crash the loading.

For the time being, manually edit the LSF file and replace the header will solve both issues. (The first line of lsf file in hex format, find the 00 00 00 20 and replace with whatever you see from the same location of the source header)

Re: EE pak extractor - 23/07/16 03:24 PM

Hi,

Originally Posted By: FrauBlake
Is it really necessary to disable V1 .lsx to binary compression (and vice versa) ?

Some might still want to use the tool for classic modding, because it's a necessity for more serious modding, and classic probably has tons more of old version files.

This check was a bit too restrictive for no reason; fixed to include V1 lsx files as well.
(Its original purpose was to detect future additions to the lsx file format to make sure that we serialize new formats properly)

Originally Posted By: Katsuki
2) When converting from LSF -> LSX a header named Header.Unknown is not read (
when converting back LSX -> LSF replaces it as 0x200000 so it is lost in the process, the source file indicates a different number which I don't have a clue what it is, maybe a version number, in my case, it is 2104000C (553910284)).

Without this header, the meta.lsf will mark the savefile as 'incompatible', and globals.lsf will crash the loading.

This field was originally ignored because its value didn't have any effect (the game worked with every value just fine), and the original .lsx-es (where available) never contained this value, so I assumed that the game doesn't use it.
I've changed the lsx/lsf conversion process to automatically save & restore this value now.

Fixed version: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool-v1.7.2.zip

Re: EE pak extractor - 23/07/16 08:49 PM

Thanks a lot.

I don't know, what we should (and could) do without your work !

Actually, I'd vote for this this thread to be stickied, since this tool is so useful, the thread should never get lost on a subsequent page.

... After all, the Savegame Editor thread is still sticky and that tool does not even work for EE anymore ...

Re: EE pak extractor - 24/07/16 01:06 AM

Amazing how fast some things go.

Big Thanks to whoever stickied the thread !
Posted By: Bob Hope

Re: EE pak extractor - 07/08/16 10:34 PM

Hey Norbyte,

Any plans on adding a Save editing UI? I know you can convert the .lsf files to readable formats, but that's a little beyond my abilities.

Thanks!

Re: EE pak extractor - 11/08/16 07:19 PM

Hey,

Savegame editing is a complex thing and it would take quite a lot of time to implement properly. I'm quite busy this time of the year so I can't really work on it in the immediate future, sorry.
Posted By: Lensman

Re: EE pak extractor - 09/09/16 11:14 PM

I am using the GR2 Converter (LSLib1.6.3) to modify Divinity EE files (GoG ver.).

I have no problem opening and extracting the Main.Pak and MainLSF.pak. However, when I try to convert the LSF files, I receive this error:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conversion Failed
Internal Error!

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\dbg.bin' is denied.
at System.IO._Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize,
FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 buffersize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctro(String path, FileMode mode)
at LSLib.LS.LSF.LSFReader.Read()
at LSLib.LS.ResourceUtils.LoadResource(String inputPath, ResourceFormat format)
at ConverterApp.MainForm.resourceConvertBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This happens when trying to Convert LSX / LSV/ LSF single files AND Batch Convert...

I have .Net 4.5, Running Windows 10.

I am at a loss, any help is much appreciated :)

Thanks!

Re: EE pak extractor - 10/09/16 09:56 AM

Have you tried running the program as administrator ? Helped me with several access exceptions.

Norbyte will know more.

Re: EE pak extractor - 10/09/16 06:37 PM

dbg.bin is a debug leftover that really shouldn't have been left there. Its already removed in v1.6.5, but until that version is released running as administrator is the only workaround.

Re: EE pak extractor - 11/09/16 03:49 PM

v1.6.5 is out!
Link: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool-v1.7.2.zip
This version needs the 2015 version of Visual C++ runtime (32-bit!): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Changes:
* GR2: Add batch GR2/DAE conversion feature
* GR2: Add support for animation DaKeyframes32f curves
* GR2: Add PWNGBDT3433342 and PWNGBTT3433322 vertex formats
* GR2: Fix dummy skeleton build when source GR2 has no models (only skeleton)
* GR2: Fix dummy model generation when model has no mesh bindings
* GR2: Fix a bug where models were sometimes duplicated in the output
* GR2: Fix multiple issues with export of animation transforms
* GR2: Fix twitching when exporting rotation anim curves
* Remove LSF exporter leftover debug code

Re: EE pak extractor - 11/09/16 05:33 PM

Thanks for your work ! claphands

Hope you can continue with Original Sin 2 once it's released ... because a lot of stuff is impossible without it ;-)

Re: EE pak extractor - 14/09/16 08:41 PM

v1.7.0 is out!
Link: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool-v1.7.2.zip

Changes:
* Add support for D:OS 2 (LSFv3 format)
* GR2: Interpolate missing orientation/position/scale keyframes during export
* GR2: Fix incorrect animation duration when no rotation is applied
Posted By: Dark_Ansem

Re: EE pak extractor - 16/09/16 06:44 AM

v1.7.0 is out!
Link: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/szhu-qa/test/ExportTool-v1.7.0.zip

Changes:
* Add support for D:OS 2 (LSFv3 format)
* GR2: Interpolate missing orientation/position/scale keyframes during export
* GR2: Fix incorrect animation duration when no rotation is applied

Thank you very much.
Posted By: Echo123

Re: EE pak extractor - 16/09/16 09:24 AM

Its amazing to see how you keep updating the tool and add new features. Awesome work man. Thanks to the addition of support for DOS 2, I guess mods for DOS 2 are on their way.
Posted By: sjblack2014

Re: EE pak extractor - 19/09/16 01:18 AM

Hello, I've downloaded the newest version of the ExportTool-v1.7.0, but I haven't found a guide on how to use it. When I try to unpack with it I only either encounter errors, or nothing comes out.
Here's a screenshot of it

Re: EE pak extractor - 19/09/16 12:17 PM

Sometime I also get the could not load or assembly "lslibnative.dll" error, and I haven't been able to extract anything yet.

Re: EE pak extractor - 20/09/16 06:01 PM

Hi,

Can you describe the errors you're getting?

Regarding lslibnative.dll:
Make sure that you have the 32-bit version of the Visual C++ runtime installed from here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Re: EE pak extractor - 21/09/16 02:50 AM

Regarding lslibnative.dll:
Make sure that you have the 32-bit version of the Visual C++ runtime installed from here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

This worked, thank you smile
Posted By: Orinx

Re: EE pak extractor - 30/09/16 03:22 PM

I was trying to convert the lsf from dos:2 to lsx file but I got the following error message, I currently have both the x86 and x64 visual C++ libraries installed. and I am running in the converter in administrator mode. is there any solution for this issue?

---------------------------
Conversion Failed
Internal error!

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at LSLib.LS.LSF.LSFReader.ReadNode(NodeInfo defn, Node node, BinaryReader attributeReader)
at LSLib.LS.LSF.LSFReader.ReadRegions(Resource resource)
at LSLib.LS.LSF.LSFReader.Read()
at LSLib.LS.ResourceUtils.LoadResource(String inputPath, ResourceFormat format)
at LSLib.LS.ResourceUtils.ConvertResources(String inputDir, String outputDir, ResourceFormat inputFormat, ResourceFormat outputFormat)
at ConverterApp.MainForm.resourceBulkConvertBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Re: EE pak extractor - 30/09/16 08:17 PM

Hi Orinx,

Which LSF file are you trying to convert?
Posted By: Orinx

Re: EE pak extractor - 30/09/16 10:02 PM

I was trying to convert the savename_main.lsf I also tried the batch convert on all .lsf files from the same on the folder they were output into (global.lsf , meta.lsf , levelcache/savename_main.lsf , sys_character_creation_a.lsf) and I got the same error.

Re: EE pak extractor - 02/10/16 09:08 AM

Ah, I haven't tested compressed LSF files in D:OS 2 yet, so it wasn't working, but should be fixed now.
New exporter link:
https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool/ExportTool-latest.zip
Posted By: lx07

Re: EE pak extractor - 02/10/16 10:37 AM

Ah, I haven't tested compressed LSF files in D:OS 2 yet, so it wasn't working, but should be fixed now.
New exporter link:
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/szhu-qa/test/ExportTool-v1.7.1.zip
That works fine for DOS 2 now, thanks.
Posted By: xvote

Re: EE pak extractor - 07/10/16 04:30 PM

Savegame.lsb & SocialStats.lsb still cant be converted.

Re: EE pak extractor - 07/10/16 05:02 PM

Hmm, my savegames don't have any of the files you mentioned. Where did you find them?

Re: EE pak extractor - 07/10/16 05:39 PM

from Origins.pak, in Public\Shared\Localization.

Re: EE pak extractor - 07/10/16 07:33 PM

Hm, it seems that the translated string keys in those files have duplicate string terminators (probably some kind of bug in the D:OS code?). Anyhoo, I've added a workaround for that, and also fixed some LSF issues.
v1.7.2:
https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool/ExportTool-latest.zip

Re: EE pak extractor - 09/10/16 09:14 AM

from Origins, Public\Shared\RootTemplates\merget.lsf cant be converted too. 8mb unknown information smirk

Re: EE pak extractor - 09/10/16 06:53 PM

Works for me, although the conversion takes quite some time.
What was the output filename you used? (The converter determines input/output file format based on file extension)

Re: EE pak extractor - 10/10/16 12:07 AM

True, but now new problem... If u open _merged.lsf in NotePad++, copy any not encrypted text ("FreezeGravity" or "hb52f8094g9f25g4c95g8f29ge4c24bdda507" for example) and try to find it in _merged.lsx, then you cant do that. LSF-file has this text, but it just disapeared after convert LSF to LSX... Or maybe I dont understand anything?..

Re: EE pak extractor - 10/10/16 03:12 PM

Hrm, I'll have to double-check that. It might be a bug in D:OS 2 LSF parsing.

Re: EE pak extractor - 10/10/16 04:26 PM

Indeed it was another LSF parsing bug. Fixed.
New link: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool/ExportTool-latest.zip
Posted By: Deithwen

Re: EE pak extractor - 12/11/16 02:30 PM

First of all, great tool, thank you, Norbyte!
I used it to reshuffle a couple of skillpoints on a character (EE), and now every time I load the save the game displays a warning saying that the savegame has detected tampering and so on. I doubt that 2 reallocated points will in any way break the save file, so I assume I can go on playing. Is there a way I can get rid of the message? Thanks in advance.

Re: EE pak extractor - 12/11/16 08:50 PM

I believe the savegame (meta.lsf?) contains hashes to verify the validity of the save file itself which are no longer valid after resaving. It'll still work fine though, so manually recomputing it is not worth the effort.
Posted By: snowpie

Re: EE pak extractor - 12/11/16 10:29 PM

Does anyone know exactly how Larian sorts out the listing of abilities and their points?

There's no definition and I see lists like this:

Click to reveal..
<children>
<node id="Attributes">
<attribute id="Object" value="5" type="4" />
</node>
<node id="Attributes">
</node>
<node id="Attributes">
<attribute id="Object" value="9" type="4" />
</node>
<node id="Attributes">
</node>
<node id="Attributes">
<attribute id="Object" value="6" type="4" />
</node>
<node id="Attributes">
<attribute id="Object" value="6" type="4" />
</node>
<node id="Abilities">
<attribute id="Object" value="0" type="4" />
</node>
<node id="Abilities">
</node>
<node id="Abilities">
</node>
<node id="Abilities">
</node>
<node id="Abilities">
</node>
<node id="Abilities">
</node>
<node id="Abilities">
</node>
<node id="Abilities">
</node>
<node id="Abilities">
</node>
<node id="Abilities">
</node>
<node id="Abilities">
</node>
<node id="Abilities">
<attribute id="Object" value="1" type="4" />
</node>
<node id="Abilities">
</node>
<node id="Abilities">
</node>
<node id="Abilities">
</node>
<node id="Abilities">
</node>
<node id="Abilities">
</node>
<node id="Abilities">

Posted By: Deithwen

Re: EE pak extractor - 12/11/16 11:16 PM

I believe the savegame (meta.lsf?) contains hashes to verify the validity of the save file itself which are no longer valid after resaving. It'll still work fine though, so manually recomputing it is not worth the effort.

Thanks for your response.

Re: EE pak extractor - 13/11/16 08:09 AM

Originally Posted By: snowpie
Does anyone know exactly how Larian sorts out the listing of abilities and their points?

The position of the <Attributes> node determines which attribute it applies to. 1st node is attribute #0, second is attribute #1, etc. The same applies to traits and abilities.

Attributes:
(Note: These are the internal names from the engine; some of them were renamed in the actual game)
Click to reveal..

eAttribute_Str = 0x0,
eAttribute_Dex = 0x1,
eAttribute_Int = 0x2,
eAttribute_Con = 0x3,
eAttribute_Spd = 0x4,
eAttribute_Per = 0x5

Abilities:
Click to reveal..

eAbility_WarriorLore = 0x0,
eAbility_RangerLore = 0x1,
eAbility_RogueLore = 0x2,
eAbility_SingleHanded = 0x3,
eAbility_TwoHanded = 0x4,
eAbility_Blackrock = 0x5,
eAbility_Bow = 0x6,
eAbility_Crossbow = 0x7,
eAbility_Shield = 0x8,
eAbility_Reflexes = 0x9,
eAbility_ArmorMastery = 0x0A,
eAbility_Sourcery = 0x0B,
eAbility_Telekinesis = 0x0C,
eAbility_Willpower = 0x0D,
eAbility_FireSpecialist = 0x0E,
eAbility_WaterSpecialist = 0x0F,
eAbility_AirSpecialist = 0x10,
eAbility_EarthSpecialist = 0x11,
eAbility_Repair = 0x12,
eAbility_Sneaking = 0x13,
eAbility_Pickpocket = 0x14,
eAbility_Lockpicking = 0x15,
eAbility_Loremaster = 0x16,
eAbility_Crafting = 0x17,
eAbility_Barter = 0x18,
eAbility_Charm = 0x19,
eAbility_Intimidate = 0x1A,
eAbility_Reason = 0x1B,
eAbility_Charisma = 0x1C,
eAbility_Leadership = 0x1D,
eAbility_Luck = 0x1E,
eAbility_BodyBuilding = 0x1F

Talents:
Click to reveal..

eTalent_ItemMovement = 0x1,
eTalent_ItemCreation = 0x2,
eTalent_Flanking = 0x3,
eTalent_AttackOfOpportunity = 0x4,
eTalent_Backstab = 0x5,
eTalent_Trade = 0x6,
eTalent_Lockpick = 0x7,
eTalent_ChanceToHitRanged = 0x8,
eTalent_ChanceToHitMelee = 0x9,
eTalent_Damage = 0x0A,
eTalent_ActionPoints = 0x0B,
eTalent_ActionPoints2 = 0x0C,
eTalent_Criticals = 0x0D,
eTalent_IncreasedArmor = 0x0E,
eTalent_Sight = 0x0F,
eTalent_ResistFear = 0x10,
eTalent_ResistKnockdown = 0x11,
eTalent_ResistStun = 0x12,
eTalent_ResistPoison = 0x13,
eTalent_ResistSilence = 0x14,
eTalent_ResistDead = 0x15,
eTalent_Carry = 0x16,
eTalent_Throwing = 0x17,
eTalent_Repair = 0x18,
eTalent_ExpGain = 0x19,
eTalent_ExtraStatPoints = 0x1A,
eTalent_ExtraSkillPoints = 0x1B,
eTalent_Durability = 0x1C,
eTalent_Awareness = 0x1D,
eTalent_Vitality = 0x1E,
eTalent_FireSpells = 0x1F,
eTalent_WaterSpells = 0x20,
eTalent_AirSpells = 0x21,
eTalent_EarthSpells = 0x22,
eTalent_Charm = 0x23,
eTalent_Intimidate = 0x24,
eTalent_Reason = 0x25,
eTalent_Luck = 0x26,
eTalent_Initiative = 0x27,
eTalent_InventoryAccess = 0x28,
eTalent_AvoidDetection = 0x29,
eTalent_AnimalEmpathy = 0x2A,
eTalent_Escapist = 0x2B,
eTalent_StandYourGround = 0x2C,
eTalent_SurpriseAttack = 0x2D,
eTalent_LightStep = 0x2E,
eTalent_ResurrectToFullHealth = 0x2F,
eTalent_Scientist = 0x30,
eTalent_Raistlin = 0x31,
eTalent_MrKnowItAll = 0x32,
eTalent_WhatARush = 0x33,
eTalent_FaroutDude = 0x34,
eTalent_Leech = 0x35,
eTalent_ElementalAffinity = 0x36,
eTalent_FiveStarRestaurant = 0x37,
eTalent_Bully = 0x38,
eTalent_ElementalRanger = 0x39,
eTalent_LightningRod = 0x3A,
eTalent_Politician = 0x3B,
eTalent_WeatherProof = 0x3C,
eTalent_LoneWolf = 0x3D,
eTalent_Zombie = 0x3E,
eTalent_Demon = 0x3F,
eTalent_IceKing = 0x40,
eTalent_Courageous = 0x41,
eTalent_GoldenMage = 0x42,
eTalent_WalkItOff = 0x43,
eTalent_FolkDancer = 0x44,
eTalent_SpillNoBlood = 0x45,
eTalent_Stench = 0x46,
eTalent_Kickstarter = 0x47,
eTalent_WaLo_NaturalArmor = 0x48,
eTalent_WaLo_NaturalHealth = 0x49,
eTalent_WaLo_NaturalResistance = 0x4A,
eTalent_RaLo_ArrowRecover = 0x4B,
eTalent_RaLo_EvasionBonus = 0x4C,
eTalent_RaLo_RangedAPBonus = 0x4D,
eTalent_RoLo_DaggerAPBonus = 0x4E,
eTalent_RoLo_DaggerBackStab = 0x4F,
eTalent_RoLo_MovementBonus = 0x50,
eTalent_RoLo_HoldResistance = 0x51

Traits:
Click to reveal..

eTrait_Forgiving = 0x0,
eTrait_Vindictive = 0x1,
eTrait_Bold = 0x2,
eTrait_Timid = 0x3,
eTrait_Altruistic = 0x4,
eTrait_Egotistical = 0x5,
eTrait_Independent = 0x6,
eTrait_Obedient = 0x7,
eTrait_Pragmatic = 0x8,
eTrait_Romantic = 0x9,
eTrait_Spiritual = 0x0A,
eTrait_Materialistic = 0x0B,
eTrait_Righteous = 0x0C,
eTrait_Renegade = 0x0D,
eTrait_Blunt = 0x0E,
eTrait_Considerate = 0x0F,
eTrait_Compassionate = 0x10,
eTrait_Heartless = 0x11
Posted By: TheInvoker

Re: EE pak extractor - 22/01/17 06:30 PM

i'm tryng to use this toll to exctract an xml from .pak file but i get an error

i select pak/lsv tool
Package path is \Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Localization
Extraction / socurce i put the same one

Then i click on Extract package but i get this

Internal Error
System.IO.FileNotFocundException: (then it's in italian,something like) Impossbile to lead file or assembly LSLibNative.dll or one of its ...etc etc
Posted By: Stone_Bear

Re: EE pak extractor - 28/01/17 07:28 PM

i have a error while trying to extract four char creation mod

i cant seem to get the four char creation to work with epic encounters so i was wondering if i could extract them and merge them some how?

http://imgur.com/a/FJtHt

Re: EE pak extractor - 31/01/17 05:52 PM

@Stone_Bear: I'm not quite sure what went wrong here. Did you extract LZ4.dll next to the rest of the files?
Posted By: Abraxas*

Re: EE pak extractor - 02/03/17 07:30 PM

Hey Norbyte,

one user who scanned the files with VirusTotal had one positive result, related to LZ4.dll. I just copy the relevant information here (posted in this thread: New Mod - XC_Bags):

Originally Posted By: Starscribe

And here are the scan results from VirusTotal owned by Google revealing Adware threat on said provided files by Norbyte:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/0942e...28907/analysis/

Originally Posted By: Abraxas*

It's even yet unclear if this might be a false alarm of Comodo; Comodo is the only software (of 57 antivirus softwares) which seems to detect this.
The affected file, as the report says, is LZ4.dll. From a research, and looking at the file itself, it can be seen that it's a compression method not created by Norbyte but someone called Milosz Krajewski who translated LZ4 to C# (the original author of LZ4 is Yann Collet). So if there's adware included, it might come from sources previous to Norbyte or be an infection from other sources (I'm not familiar with these things); it most likely does (file analysis of LZ4.dll from 2015; and again, only Comodo detecting this):

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/598d3...1cf99/analysis/

Maybe you have an idea why Comodo is reacting here.

Re: EE pak extractor - 06/03/17 06:52 PM

Hi Abraxas*,

Sorry for the late reply.

I've submitted a false positive review request for this file at Comodo and am currently awaiting their reply.

Re: EE pak extractor - 06/03/17 07:13 PM

Hey Norbyte,

it was still a quick reply. Thank you smile

Re: EE pak extractor - 07/03/17 05:18 AM

Update: Got a reply, they apparently fixed it. I'll check it with Virustotal again after its AV version was updated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-2Az7xUaR0XRDRCTXFWbFdQOGc/view?usp=sharing

Edit: Updated: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/0942e...sis/1488864091/

Re: EE pak extractor - 08/03/17 09:27 PM

Perfect. Thanks for your effort!
Posted By: StarScribe

Re: EE pak extractor - 12/03/17 01:40 PM

I wanted to firstly apologize to Norbyte on how I worded my previous posts in concern to potential threat contained within one of the files in the Extractor tool.

I was corrected and informed that files in question were in fact created by someone else, and now Norbyte as awesome as he is went an extra mile and had the file reanalyzed and corrected from showing up as false positive on VirusTotal.

Props to Norbyte!
Posted By: mankev

Re: EE pak extractor - 10/04/17 06:15 PM

I keep getting this error message. Followed some of the instructions earlier, but it just isn't working. Any help would be appreciated

http://imgur.com/a/NDL3T
Posted By: Raze

Re: EE pak extractor - 11/04/17 08:07 AM

Did you try setting the destination folder to be a subfolder of the 'Data' folder, rather than on your Desktop?

Did you try right clicking the ConverterApp.exe and running as administrator?

Re: EE pak extractor - 11/04/17 03:22 PM

Hmm, I've seen this error before but there are quite a lot of possible causes.
The most likely possibility is that you don't have the Visual C++ 2015 x86 runtime installed. In this case, download it from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145 (the x86 version, not the x64 one). If it doesn't work, some more debugging would be required if you're up to it.

Re: EE pak extractor - 15/04/17 10:04 PM

v1.8.0 released!

Download URL: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool/ExportTool-latest.zip

Changes since the last version:
- Added support for story file formats up to v1.11 (D:OS2)
- Added support for saving story files (experimental)
- Added LSJ (JSON) load/save support
- Add support for D:OS2 UUID values in LSX/LSF/LSB/LSJ files
- File timestamp is now loaded correctly from LSX files
- Fix import of hexadecimal LSX integer values
- Fix (de)compression of zero-length LSF streams
- GR2: Fixed UV export for models with "UVChannel_X" or "mapX" channel names

Re: EE pak extractor - 26/05/17 07:46 PM

Perhaps foolishly I am trying to add some skills to DOS2. Things have been going fairly swimmingly (some aspects of scripting are much easier, for example), except I'm having trouble accessing the root templates so I can create new skillbooks.

When I try and convert the 12mb _merged.lsf file in the RootTemplates folder (of shared), it takes likes 40 minutes and converts it into a 500mb .lsx file which basically has same chunk of text with some minor variations repeated several million times. I can convert the smaller 1mb _merged.lsf in the RootTemplates folder of the Origins file in a couple seconds, but it's similarly a bunch of repeated text. Not sure if the converter just can't handle these new root templates files, or if I'm doing something wrong. Norbyte, have you had any luck extracting the DOS2 root templates files into comprehensible, useful .lsx files?

I tried using the old root template structure from D:OS EE but no dice there.

If not, I'm looking into other ways to add character skills without skillbooks.

Edit: Figured out another way to script in item use giving skills. Should work fine. Still would be nice to figure out how to make root templates but not a big deal right now.

Re: EE pak extractor - 27/05/17 07:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Baardvark
When I try and convert the 12mb _merged.lsf file in the RootTemplates folder (of shared), it takes likes 40 minutes and converts it into a 500mb .lsx file which basically has same chunk of text with some minor variations repeated several million times..

It was an LSF parsing bug, fixed in v1.7.2 and again v1.7.3. In v1.7.3+ .lsf files should be converted to XML properly.

Re: EE pak extractor - 28/05/17 04:45 AM

Oh snap, I guess I was using an old version, thought I downloaded 1.8.0. Got it working now, thanks a bunch!

Re: EE pak extractor - 30/07/17 07:54 PM

v1.8.1 released!

Download link: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool/ExportTool-latest.zip

Changes:
- Add savegame story database modification support (EXPERIMENTAL)
- Speed up package compression/decompression
- OSI: Fix crash during story saving
- OSI: Fix handling of aliased types
- OSI: Fix loading/saving of v1.10 stories
- Add JSON exporters for Mat/Vec/IVec[2..4]
- GR2: Add option for flipping V channel of UV maps. GR2 requires the V channel to be flipped (1.0 - V) compared to "standard" UV maps; this option is enabled by default
- GR2: Fix import of broken 3ds Max exports with references to nonexistent animations/skeletons
- GR2: Fix missing bone weights (library_controllers) in DAE export
- GR2: Fix "Export normals/tangents/UVs" options
- GR2: Fix crash when VertexComponentNames is empty or missing
- GR2: Use vertex data instead of VertexComponentNames (which is unreliable)
- GR2: Add support for 3ds Max 2017 DAE exports
- GR2: Fix serialization of VariantReference types
- GR2: Fix assertion failure when the last member of a struct is garbled
- GR2: Add support for vertex format PNGBTT34322
Posted By: l2dusk

Re: EE pak extractor - 10/09/17 01:11 AM

Hi, I keep getting this error when trying to import .gr2 meshes and animations from DoS2 into the GR2 converter. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

http://i.imgur.com/STkezCw.png

---------------------------------------
Internal error!

System.IO.InvalidDataException: Granny2.dll is required for
odle0/oodlel compressed GR2 files.
at Lib Native Granny2Compressor.Decompress (Int32 format, Byte[]
compressed, Int32 decompressedSize, Int32 stop0, Int32 stop1, Int32
stop2)
at LSLib Granny.GR2.GR2Reader Uncompress Stream0
at LSLib Granny GR2.GR2Reader Read(object root)
at LSLib Granny GR2Utils LoadModel (String inputpath, Export Format format)
at ConverterApp.GR2Pane.loadlnputBtn Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
---------------------------------------

Re: EE pak extractor - 10/09/17 07:55 AM

Hi,

It means that you should copy Granny2.dll from D:OS to the directory of the extractor to be able to load these GR2 files. Unfortunately I cannot include this dll in the package for legal reasons.
Posted By: l2dusk

Re: EE pak extractor - 10/09/17 08:50 AM

Hi,

It means that you should copy Granny2.dll from D:OS to the directory of the extractor to be able to load these GR2 files. Unfortunately I cannot include this dll in the package for legal reasons.

Thank you so much! I actually did search for it in the game's folder before posting but didn't find anything. Just assumed I was doing something wrong, but its actually in the Divinity engine folder:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\The Divinity Engine\granny2.dll

Re: EE pak extractor - 14/09/17 08:04 PM

v1.8.2 released!

Link: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool/ExportTool-latest.zip

Changes:
- Added support for D:OS 2 attribute formats in LSF/LSB/LSJ/LSX files
- Fixed Osi serialization bugs for D:OS EE and 2

Posted By: Evirrr

Re: EE pak extractor - 14/09/17 08:52 PM

Hey Norbyte,

Thanks for the tool first off :) I've used the latest revision of v1.8.2 to attempt to modify a couple of my latest saves as I have a permanently Wet party member, and after following the steps in a prior guide by RKane to convert and edit the files into a new package, my load doesn't go anywhere past around 75% after prompting the whole "save file may be corrupt". Would you have any insight as to if something has changed or if there is an extra step that will need to be done?

Thanks!
Posted By: Augustus

Re: EE pak extractor - 16/09/17 04:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Evirrr
Hey Norbyte,

Thanks for the tool first off smile I've used the latest revision of v1.8.2 to attempt to modify a couple of my latest saves as I have a permanently Wet party member, and after following the steps in a prior guide by RKane to convert and edit the files into a new package, my load doesn't go anywhere past around 75% after prompting the whole "save file may be corrupt". Would you have any insight as to if something has changed or if there is an extra step that will need to be done?

Thanks!

I am having a similar issue as well. I just tried to use this tool to change a tag on my character in a text editor after unpacking the .lsv, converting the .lsf to .lsx, then repacking everything. I get a corrupt save file warning and the game crashes when I try to load it.

Re: EE pak extractor - 16/09/17 07:50 AM

Hi all,

I'm looking for a possible fix to the issue, I'll upload a new version of the tool after it is fixed.

The corrupt save warning is normal, as the hashes in meta.lsf are not recalculated when you manually modify globals.lsf, it should not affect savegame loading though, the problem is most likely that globals.lsf is not exported properly.

Re: EE pak extractor - 16/09/17 01:42 PM

Saving should be working now.

New version: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool/ExportTool-latest.zip
Posted By: ecogen

Re: EE pak extractor - 16/09/17 02:00 PM

Hey man, someone linked this thread in the technical issues thread I made about bugged/broken saves.

Freeze/Save problems

The problem appears to be something bloating the save files/memory leak problems in fort joy, is it possible that we can fix an issue like that with your tool if we manage to identify the cause?
Posted By: Augustus

Re: EE pak extractor - 16/09/17 05:06 PM

I can confirm everything works as it should now, didn't even get a corrupt save warning when loading either. Thank you for the tool and the quick update! grin
Posted By: Blogotronic

Re: EE pak extractor - 17/09/17 09:35 AM

Hey,
First of all, big thanks for this awesome tool. I'm really happy, that someone made something like this.

Hmm, the thing is... I want to translate D:OS2 into my language. So I'm using this panel:

https://imgur.com/a/AeIOF

next, I'm translating a few strings and click on Create Package, but ingame text is still in English.

To be honest, I don't know where is the problem.
Posted By: Ratzing

Re: EE pak extractor - 17/09/17 11:09 AM

Originally Posted By: ecogen

Hey man, someone linked this thread in the technical issues thread I made about bugged/broken saves.

Freeze/Save problems

The problem appears to be something bloating the save files/memory leak problems in fort joy, is it possible that we can fix an issue like that with your tool if we manage to identify the cause?

The problem is in levelcache files. Haven't had a problem in the first act (levelcahce of fortjoy was around 6 MB), in Reapers Coast when the save reached over 13 MB, boom, 4 minutes loading screen and crashing when loading in-game.

So you can easily extract the levelcache with this tool, and you can convert the file from binary to XML so you can edit it. The question is, how to reduce the bloating manually with that editing.
Posted By: ChrisJSY

Re: EE pak extractor - 17/09/17 11:18 AM

Having issues extracting, running as Admin (windows 8.1), using current latest, have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 and Visual C++ runtime for x86.

Getting this error; https://i.imgur.com/qcMd5Lb.png
Tried it on two other machines remotely with the same error, only things being the same really is 8.1.
Posted By: c4binfever

Re: EE pak extractor - 17/09/17 11:53 AM

Getting this error when trying to convert globals.lsf into globals.lsx
https://i.imgur.com/iaXUOwP.png

Windows 7 (v6.1), .NET 4.5
Posted By: Erih

Re: EE pak extractor - 17/09/17 11:58 AM

Same as c4binfever, getting the exact same message. Any ideas?

Re: EE pak extractor - 17/09/17 12:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Blogotronic
Hey,
First of all, big thanks for this awesome tool. I'm really happy, that someone made something like this.

Hmm, the thing is... I want to translate D:OS2 into my language. So I'm using this panel:

https://imgur.com/a/AeIOF

next, I'm translating a few strings and click on Create Package, but ingame text is still in English.

To be honest, I don't know where is the problem.

Which files/strings did you change in English.pak?

Originally Posted By: ChrisJSY
Having issues extracting, running as Admin (windows 8.1), using current latest, have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 and Visual C++ runtime for x86.

Getting this error; https://i.imgur.com/qcMd5Lb.png
Tried it on two other machines remotely with the same error, only things being the same really is 8.1.

Which file are you trying to extract?

Originally Posted By: c4binfever
Getting this error when trying to convert globals.lsf into globals.lsx
https://i.imgur.com/iaXUOwP.png

A few saves have this mysterious flag set that breaks the converter. I'm checking to see what can be done to fix these.

Re: EE pak extractor - 17/09/17 01:08 PM

Hey,
I changed English.xml in notepad++
String 4130 (example)

<content contentuid="h0d174188g4bd0g487eg84a9gf1275c41a8ea">Are you sure you want to quit the game?</content>

I added TESTING word to it.

Re: EE pak extractor - 17/09/17 02:02 PM

[quote=Norbyte]
Which file are you trying to extract?

A few saves have this mysterious flag set that breaks the converter. I'm checking to see what can be done to fix these.
[/quote]

That ....that's a good point, I was using a quick save file.
Made a proper save and it worked fine, thanks!

Gah, now the next step has an error; using a normal save now. https://imgur.com/b49b4195-63e6-4990-b08c-9bee2474f91d

Re: EE pak extractor - 17/09/17 03:02 PM

The "Unknown DT_TranslatedString2 flag" error is now fixed!
Download at: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool/ExportTool-latest.zip

Originally Posted By: ChrisJSY
[quote=Norbyte]
Gah, now the next step has an error; using a normal save now. https://imgur.com/b49b4195-63e6-4990-b08c-9bee2474f91d

That link gave me a 404 frown

Re: EE pak extractor - 17/09/17 03:11 PM

[quote=Norbyte]The "Unknown DT_TranslatedString2 flag" error is now fixed!
Download at: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool/ExportTool-v1.8.4.zip

[quote=ChrisJSY][quote=Norbyte]
[/quote]
That link gave me a 404 :( [/quote]

Oopps, https://i.imgur.com/T6Qxzjy.png

Re: EE pak extractor - 17/09/17 03:34 PM

Ah, that one should be fixed as well in v1.8.4.
Posted By: Erih

Re: EE pak extractor - 17/09/17 03:46 PM

How long till v1.8.4 Norbyte?

Re: EE pak extractor - 17/09/17 04:07 PM

Thanks for the update! :)

Re: EE pak extractor - 17/09/17 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Erih
How long till v1.8.4 Norbyte?

I've already posted it a few posts above yours:
Posted By: Holytits

Re: EE pak extractor - 17/09/17 09:54 PM

I'm unable to open the converterapp.exe on version 1.8.4, but my older (1.7.2) version opens and functions fine. No error windows pop up, it simply doesn't open. Are there new dependencies added between these two versions?

Re: EE pak extractor - 18/09/17 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Holytits
I'm unable to open the converterapp.exe on version 1.8.4, but my older (1.7.2) version opens and functions fine. No error windows pop up, it simply doesn't open. Are there new dependencies added between these two versions?

As far as I know the only dependencies that are not in the package itself are .NET assemblies which should be available in any installation.
Posted By: Catract

Re: EE pak extractor - 19/09/17 12:04 AM

Thanks for the tool, Norbyte. Extremely useful.

Managed to add Flesh Sacrifice to Fane with relative ease.
Posted By: kamdon71

Re: EE pak extractor - 19/09/17 07:16 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to use your tool on sin 2 video.pak files, I need to unpack it in order to repack the game better but every time I'm getting this error:

https://i.imgur.com/cHvIERi.png

I would be very thankful if you could address it in your future versions.

Thank you for your great work!

Re: EE pak extractor - 19/09/17 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: kamdon71
Hi,

I'm trying to use your tool on sin 2 video.pak files, I need to unpack it in order to repack the game better but every time I'm getting this error:

https://i.imgur.com/cHvIERi.png

I would be very thankful if you could address it in your future versions.

Thank you for your great work!

Hi,

One of your Video_X.pak packages is most likely corrupted. Try verifying files from the Steam UI.
Posted By: kamdon71

Re: EE pak extractor - 19/09/17 05:09 PM

it is pirated version :cheer: :party:

..probably it's outdated to the current build you have on original steam...

Could you add option to not check for crc errors ?
Posted By: Foodchain

Re: EE pak extractor - 19/09/17 11:08 PM

I'm getting this error when trying to extract the Game.pak file in DOSEE.

All the other .pak file extract fine. I thought it might be corruption, but I just redownloaded the game and and the error persists.

Edit: Resolved. Redownloaded again and it worked fine. Guess it was corruption after all.
Posted By: foresterr

Re: EE pak extractor - 21/09/17 10:34 PM

The tool is awesome, but I encountered problems with modifying story database in a save file - it was loading OK, but my changes were not getting saved (raising DB_CompMax, to be specific - for... reasons. Reasons having to do with trying to respec Lone Wolf), even though some changes to the savegame were evidently being done (timestamp & slight file size change). It was back to initial value after reloading the modified savegame in the tool.

I managed to get around it in a roundabout way with help from other parts of the tool - extracted global.lsf, converted to .lsx, grabbed story string, decoded from base64, saved as .osi, loaded into tool, edited DB_CompMax, saved (in this case it worked - verified by reloading the saved .osi file), opened .osi file, encoded to base64, pasted into globals.lsx, converted to .lsf, and finally repacked into .lsv - and then it worked (woohoo!). I guess this means that there was some issue at the very step of saving story db modifications into the savefile.

Re: EE pak extractor - 22/09/17 06:59 PM

That part wasn't tested very extensively so I guess such a bug is possible; I'll check.
Posted By: MightyWulf

Re: EE pak extractor - 23/09/17 05:27 PM

I'm lost.
Trying to put in some mods this way so I can still get achievements.
I unpacked a few mods and they made a mods and public folder and that's about as far as I got. They don't work and after looking for a slight bit I believe I'm supposed to first unpack the main game file before unpacking/extracting the mods to the data folder correct? Or am I just supposed to unpack the mods into the data folder and be done?
Posted By: Yoni676

Re: EE pak extractor - 24/09/17 09:33 AM

I used the tool to unpack the .PAK files, extracted them, copied the Public folder to the Data folder and whenever I start the game the mod is not working in game...

Re: EE pak extractor - 24/09/17 03:14 PM

I've just checked by extracting Baardvark's Bard mod to the Data\ directory and it shows up in the game for me.

Re: EE pak extractor - 24/09/17 09:56 PM

Yea I've tried to ways now. I've extracted directly into the data folder and starting the game as is and I still have to activate them through the mod list which disables achievements. I've also removed the mod named folders and just put their contents in public to see if that works, and it doesn't. Am I supposed to dump the mod folders in mods as well into public or what? No matter what I do it seems to be as simple as just extract and start but they don't work. Trying to the faster out of combat run speed mod, removed bush/rocks while sneaking (because I think it looks silly), party increase, and greed mod. No matter what I do they will not activate without me having to activate them.
Posted By: Whelch

Re: EE pak extractor - 25/09/17 05:12 AM

Hey Norbyte, just wanted to say huge thanks for the save file editor - it allowed me to fix an issue I was having in my 4-p campaign (we couldn't add in a 4th "player" (true player, not companion player) after the campaign had already started). Details on the fix here for anyone interested: http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=620936&#Post620936

Anywho, I thought I might try my luck here by asking if anyone had a save file lying around, in which Fane was an Avatar (not companion), and past act 1 (preferably just in act 2, so I can avoid spoilers, and to make deciphering which quest flags I need easier, but I'll take anything past act 1!

Note that it doesn't need to be a multi-player campaign! it can be a single-player as well!
Posted By: LostAlgorithm

Re: EE pak extractor - 25/09/17 09:46 AM

Hi!

Brand new to trying to mod Original Sin 2. Trying to edit starting talents and possibly some tags, so I picked up the pak extractor and I'm currently stumbling through it. I have a question on it:

Do PAK files need to be recompressed once you extract them? I think I saw some saying you could simply extract and edit the files within the PAKs, put them in the correct folder, and then delete the PAKs themselves in the first Original Sin. Is this possible for the new game?

Asking, because anytime I try to re-pak the files I extract from the Origins.pak it seems to run into this issue:

https://i.imgur.com/DunflNN.png

This happens at the same exact point even if I don't edit anything and just immediately try to re-pak the file. Would be nice if I didn't have to worry about re-paking at all, but a solution to the above would work as well!

Appreciate any help you can give! Thanks!

Re: EE pak extractor - 25/09/17 10:23 AM

Originally Posted By: MightyWulf
Yea I've tried to ways now. I've extracted directly into the data folder and starting the game as is and I still have to activate them through the mod list which disables achievements. I've also removed the mod named folders and just put their contents in public to see if that works, and it doesn't. Am I supposed to dump the mod folders in mods as well into public or what? No matter what I do it seems to be as simple as just extract and start but they don't work. Trying to the faster out of combat run speed mod, removed bush/rocks while sneaking (because I think it looks silly), party increase, and greed mod. No matter what I do they will not activate without me having to activate them.

Ah, you cannot reactivate achievements by just extracting it to the game data directory, as it is still a separate mod and needs to be activated.

Originally Posted By: Whelch
Hey Norbyte, just wanted to say huge thanks for the save file editor - it allowed me to fix an issue I was having in my 4-p campaign (we couldn't add in a 4th "player" (true player, not companion player) after the campaign had already started).

You're welcome smile

Originally Posted By: LostAlgorithm
Asking, because anytime I try to re-pak the files I extract from the Origins.pak it seems to run into this issue:

https://i.imgur.com/DunflNN.png

This happens at the same exact point even if I don't edit anything and just immediately try to re-pak the file. Would be nice if I didn't have to worry about re-paking at all, but a solution to the above would work as well!

That is indeed a bug that I'll fix soon.

Re: EE pak extractor - 25/09/17 12:33 PM

That's the thing. I have a spare save file which I delete. I have one that is unaffected by mods which I save from and then test it on the other save but the mods never activate unless I turn them on from mod menu which gives me the warning and then deactivates achievements so I rinse and repeat. I'm also testing it by trying to pop the arena of one achievement and if I mistakenly pop that one I have two crafting achievements to back up on. I just know not to go for either achievement if the mods themselves aren't working without me having to turn them on from the mod menu.
Posted By: D00med

Re: EE pak extractor - 25/09/17 10:45 PM

Fantastic editor. Managed to change my avatar's tags in save file flawlessly.

Re: EE pak extractor - 26/09/17 07:17 AM

Oh! Awesome! I'm looking forward to the fix then! Thank you, Norbyte!

Re: EE pak extractor - 26/09/17 05:19 PM

v1.8.5 released!

Changes:
- Fix CRC computation of zero-length packaged files
- Fix saving of savegame story databases
- GR2: Fix null reference exception if asset unit is missing

Re: EE pak extractor - 27/09/17 06:48 AM

Hey again!

Was this most recent update meant to fix the bug I was encountering? I seem to still get the same error when trying to recompress the Origins.pak.

Additionally, when I try to extract Origins.pak now, I get the following error:

https://i.imgur.com/cZlqRFi.png

A note: I am extracting from a completely baseline Origins.pak, re-validating the files through Steam whenever the previous recompression attempts fail and cut the file short.

Ultimately, this means I can't extract a band new Origins.pak to see if it's my own modifications that are causing the previous issue still.

Either way, thank you for your continued work on this! You rock, Norbyte!

Re: EE pak extractor - 27/09/17 03:15 PM

I've fixed the out of memory issue. I've also re-checked extracting/recompressing Origins.pak, and it works fine for me with the previous version (1.8.5) & the current version (1.8.6), and both repack Origins.pak successfully for me.

Posted By: Necric

Re: EE pak extractor - 30/09/17 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Whelch
Hey Norbyte, just wanted to say huge thanks for the save file editor - it allowed me to fix an issue I was having in my 4-p campaign (we couldn't add in a 4th "player" (true player, not companion player) after the campaign had already started). Details on the fix here for anyone interested: http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=620936&#Post620936

I had the same issue as you, but I'm not sure which part/how to edit this. I found db_hasavatar inthe OSI tool section but not sure what to edit. :<
Posted By: Agamemnon1

Re: EE pak extractor - 30/09/17 08:14 PM

Hi Norbyte, thanks for your continuing work on your excellent utilities!

I have a question regarding model export/import in DOS2:

I noticed that the GR2 to DAE converter loses the flowing-robe effects on some models (for example, Humans_Female_Armor_Mage_C_Lowerbody_A, which you can see in the character creation screens). I'm using Blender, but even if I skip that step and just go directly back and forth between GR2 and DAE in your tools only, the flowing effect gets lost.

Is this fixable somehow, like with one of the options? Is it a limitation of DAE format? Or something else?

Thanks again!
Posted By: mognoose

Re: EE pak extractor - 01/10/17 10:39 AM

Hey guys, I am trying to use this to edit a save game, and cannot get it to work. I am trying to extract the save atm.

I keep getting this error message:

https://ibb.co/cgTr0b

Any help would be appreciated! smile

UPDATE:
I must have tampered with the original without realising, creating a new save worked! I r noob.

Thanks! laugh

Re: EE pak extractor - 01/10/17 01:18 PM

I'll look into it. I haven't seen any special metadata in Humans_Female_Armor_Mage_C_Lowerbody_A that would explain the non-working "flowing robe effect", so it's probably tied to one of the bones in the skeleton.
Posted By: Daring Do

Re: EE pak extractor - 02/10/17 01:30 AM

So, is it actually possible to extract and edit existing animations using a program such as Maya or Blender? I've successfully managed to export and load the character models along with their basic rigs using this tool, but while I believe I have found and converted the animation files from GR2s to DAEs, nothing seems to happen when I import them into the scene (Re-saving the file confirms that no additional data is being imported). Can someone clarify for me exactly how this is supposed to be done?
Posted By: TheEternalKeeper

Re: EE pak extractor - 05/10/17 08:37 PM

Hi, I'm trying to extract a savegame to edit an wrongful choice I made so that I may do it's sidequest (Joining the Fabulous Five) in the EE. The tool says that the extraction of the lsv, as well as package creation was successful, but nothing eppears in the folder I set it to, nothing changes. This is if I set the direction for the extracted package to sa separate folder. If I put it in the same I get an error message that the file is used in another process despite there being nothing there
Posted By: fireundubh

Re: EE pak extractor - 06/10/17 03:00 AM

Quote:
I get an error message that the file is used in another process

This indicates the file is open in another program and held in memory. Close that program. Or restart your computer.
Posted By: Wo3dy

Re: EE pak extractor - 06/10/17 08:28 AM

i have the same issue as him.
and already look for a process to shutdown, tried restarting PC too and only open the extractor. same issue

https://gyazo.com/3c3de74e56c6541bd5938509319a3807

SOLVED:

i looked over the part that i had to delete the save after extraction.
Fixed now.
Posted By: TheEternalKeeper

Re: EE pak extractor - 06/10/17 02:24 PM

Some further clarification on the problem with it saying that the Package has been creeated and such: The Progress bar remains completely empty
Posted By: Xantax

Re: EE pak extractor - 07/10/17 06:46 PM

TheEternalKeeper, do you press "Create Package" or "Extract Package"?
Posted By: Austin336

Re: EE pak extractor - 07/10/17 11:28 PM

[quote=Xantax]TheEternalKeeper, do you press "Create Package" or "Extract Package"? [/quote]

I'm having the same problem. I'm hitting extract package. Nothing happens, just instantly pops up "Package extracted successfully."

https://i.imgur.com/tHSz284.png

Re: EE pak extractor - 08/10/17 05:31 AM

Can you send me a savegame that doesn't extract properly? I've checked but haven't been able to reproduce this so far.
Posted By: Varanoda

Re: EE pak extractor - 09/10/17 01:57 AM

Hopefully this is the right thread for this.

This is regarding Original Sin 2.

I'm probably missing something important, but I can't seem to re-import my test GR2 model back into the game correctly.

Here's my process in case it can help troubleshoot what I did wrong:
After exporting the original GR2 using the default export options to DAE, I imported it to 3ds Max with default settings with the scale factor being 1.0.
https://i.imgur.com/m4Ad1Qr.png

Doing that spat out a bunch of errors that I've been trying to see how to fix, with no luck.
https://i.imgur.com/EMnln5n.png

I then made a minor change to the model for testing, and exported it back out, still as a DAE, trying to keep the scale factor still 1.0.
https://i.imgur.com/k398xWV.png

Back in the tool, I tried to convert it back to GR2, but trying to also have it conform to the original GR2 that I extracted from the pak just resulted in some error, so I couldn't do it.
https://i.imgur.com/Ro0bjXX.png

After all that finished, the result was a head that was significantly smaller than the original.
https://i.imgur.com/obUlgLs.png

So yeah, I might've forgot something obvious that fixes all that, so any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: jahgraph

Re: EE pak extractor - 09/10/17 07:25 PM

Hi Norbyte

First thank you for your tool and your time.

I try to make snowy tree with substance painter and 3ds max.

When I convert NAT_ORI_Tree_Pine_Small_A.GR2 to a dae file with your tool the uv are totaly messed up. Do you know why it's like this, maybe it's because the uv are not square base.

Thanks

JahGraph

Re: EE pak extractor - 12/10/17 03:02 PM

Hi,

I've checked the tree in Blender and the exported UV-s look fine to me.
https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/misc/l-forums/nat-tree.png

Re: EE pak extractor - 17/10/17 12:35 AM

Norbyte thanks again for continuing to update this smile
Posted By: Wishbon3

Re: EE pak extractor - 23/10/17 12:46 AM

I am not sure what I'm doing wrong, but if I extract a .lsv save. It just regurgitates the same .lsv file. Am I missing something?
Posted By: Javidragon

Re: EE pak extractor - 25/10/17 09:49 PM

Hi, I've followed every single thread about Norbyte EE Pak Extractor, because I want to edit EE initial stats and also savegames, but it's very very frustrating, still cannot do it.

The only easy edit guide is Abraxas':
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=582571#Post582571

Very good, but limited. I need to edit also properties, class presets, savegames, etc.

Could anyone post an easy guide of how to use the Pak Extractor, please? And its possible errors, like not extracting savegames or mainLSF.pak.

It would be really nice, I pay you a paella here in the beach;) (sorry, so frustrated I am...)
Javi
Posted By: D00med

Re: EE pak extractor - 27/10/17 12:37 PM

Getting "Internal Error" when trying to extract the Origins.pak

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/nmGqu

Crashes on same part everytime. All other.pak files extract fine.
Posted By: Windemere

Re: EE pak extractor - 27/10/17 02:08 PM

Try extracting to a shorter path. For instance, create a directory called E:\OriginsData and extract to that as a destination.
Posted By: Thoto

Re: EE pak extractor - 28/10/17 02:47 PM

Hello Norbyte!

I'm experiencing a problem that only one other user has mentioned, but no one solved it in this thread.
When I edit the lsx file and turn it back into lsf and put the globals.lsf into the save file and then load it back, the game crashes (error 117 I think).

I'd be very grateful if either you or someone else could help me on this matter.
Posted By: Javidragon

Re: EE pak extractor - 03/11/17 07:48 PM

Hi, I got to understand the Norbyte Pak Extractor (impressive), and I will write a guide for beginners like me, who want to fully enjoy DOS EE before starting O.Sin 2.

My question: is it possible in globals.lsf to resize characters (also henchmen) and weapons?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Posted By: dimitrius154

Re: EE pak extractor - 11/11/17 11:40 AM

Greetings, Mr. Norbyte!

There's a fix and restoration effort going on regarding an old game - Sacred 2 Fallen Angel. As part of it it is intended to fix the clothing animation transition lack of blending for the Inquisitor character.

Some time ago you've integrated support for Sacred 2 gr2 format into you tool - the more common vertex format in the game(72 bytes per vertex). There're two more formats used for clothing meshes: (64 bytes per vertex) and (40 bytes per vertex). You tool does not recognize them.

Would you, please, add support for these two formats as well?

Re: EE pak extractor - 11/11/17 11:45 AM

Hi,

It is possible, but I'd need sample files for both formats as the format of a vertex is not just defined by its size, but other metadata in the GR2 file itself.
Posted By: dimitrius154

Re: EE pak extractor - 11/11/17 11:48 AM

Sure, where can I send them? I believe my account here is fresh and, as such, restricted.

[EDIT] Oh, sorry, constantly forgetting about Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DjVIOFavScaYqBmnZ9maYYic-9Y1mSvB
Posted By: vometia

Re: EE pak extractor - 11/11/17 12:06 PM

Originally Posted By: dimitrius154
Sure, where can I send them? I believe my account here is fresh and, as such, restricted.

I've de-restricted it for you, although we don't have a file upload facility (well, not that it matters as you've used Google!)

Re: EE pak extractor - 11/11/17 12:38 PM

I've added the PNTT3322 (40-byte) format. All other formats in these files seem to be already supported.
Beta link: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool/ExportTool-latest.zip
Posted By: UnkTamales

Re: EE pak extractor - 23/11/17 07:01 AM

Hi!
I'm trying to use your tool to extract GR2 files, but it says granny2.dll is missing!
Ive checked both the Divinity Engine 2 and Divinity: Original Sin 2 folders and its not there!
Does anyone know where I can download it short of buying the Granny software?
the Error Message is:
Internal error!

System.IO.InvalidDataException: Granny.dll is required for Ooodle0/Ooodle1 compressed GR2.
at LSLib.Native.Granny2Compressor.Decompress(Int32 format, Byte[]
compressed, Int32 decompressedSize, Int32 stop0, Int 32 stop1. Int32 stop2)
at LSLib.Granny.GR2.GR2Reader.Uncompressstream90
at LSLib.Granny.GR2.GR2Reader.read(Object root)
at LSLib.Granny.GR2Utils.LoadModel(String inputPath, ExportFormat format)
at ConverterApp.GR2Pane.loadInputBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Ive read through some previous posts and its been suggested that the file is in D: OS directory, but I only own D: OS 2, does that mean i need to buy the previous game in order to gain this .dll file?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Posted By: LaughingLeader

Re: EE pak extractor - 07/12/17 10:51 PM

Hi Norbyte. After deleting some vertices from a DOS2 barrel today (with Blender), when I attempted to covert the DAE to back to GR2, I get this error upon importing:
Click to reveal..

I'm not sure what could be causing the issue beyond something that happens when those vertices get deleted. I've tested different settings when exporting from Blender, but nothing there seems to make a difference. Importing the initial barrel (with no vertices deleted) works.

Re: EE pak extractor - 09/12/17 09:52 AM

I'll look into it. Can you send me a copy of the DAE you were trying to import?
Posted By: Elstar

Re: EE pak extractor - 26/12/17 10:50 PM

Great tool Norbyte

I receive the following error message

"import failed! Joint name list reference nonexistent bone: Hip_Bone"

When I try to convert
Dwarves_Female_Body_Naked_A_LowerBody_A.dae
Dwarves_Female_Body_Naked_A_LowerBody_A.GR2

After first converting Dwarves_Female_Body_Naked_A_LowerBody_A.GR2 to
Dwarves_Female_Body_Naked_A_LowerBody_A.dae

Corresponding upper body Dwarves_Female_Body_Naked_A_UpperBody_A.GR2 converts fine.
Posted By: Elstar

Re: EE pak extractor - 27/12/17 08:29 AM

I can no longer edit my post but my last sentence should have been

"Corresponding male upper body Dwarves_Male_Body_Naked_A_UpperBody_A.GR2 converts fine."

Re: EE pak extractor - 01/01/18 10:44 AM

Hi,

The problem is that the Dwarves_Female_Body_Naked_A_LowerBody_A mesh only contains a partial skeleton, not a full one (in this case, only 4 bones are present in Dwarves_Female_Body_Naked_A_LowerBody_A.GR2, but Dwarves_Male_Body_Naked_A_UpperBody_A.GR contains the full skeleton). I'm currently working on extending the skeleton conform option in the exporter to deal with these cases.

A possible workaround would be:
1) Export Dwarves_Female_Body_Naked_A_LowerBody_A.GR2 to DAE
2) Export the base mesh (Dwarves_Female_Base.GR2) to DAE
3) Copy the skeleton (i.e. the part between <library_visual_scenes> and </library_visual_scenes>) from Dwarves_Female_Base.DAE to Dwarves_Female_Body_Naked_A_LowerBody_A.DAE

This way, you can edit the DAE and re-export it to GR2 without losing skeleton data.
Posted By: Zwiebelchen

Re: EE pak extractor - 09/01/18 04:48 PM

I've got the same problem with the Dwarven lowerbody model. For some reason I can't get it to appear ingame. It's just invisible. Note that all other models seem to work fine. I successfully edited many different upperbody models, even those without a full skeleton. There seems to be one particular issue with lowerbody models that prevent them from properly exporting.

Re: EE pak extractor - 22/01/18 04:47 PM

Has anyone successfuly exported existing animations back to GR2? I'm having some trouble getting it to work right, and I'm not sure if it's how I'm exporting it in Blender, or something during the conversion process with the Export Tool.

More on that below.

After doing some experimenting today, I discovered:

Exporting an animation from GR2 to DAE (without linking a skeleton), then exporting that DAE back to GR2 creates this error:

Exporting that same animation from GR2 to DAE, with the "Copy skeleton from" pointing to the file with the skeleton works when when reimporting:

Click to reveal.. (Screenshots)

GR2 Importing:

GR2 Exporting:

I noticed, after linking that skeleton up and reimporting the DAE, animation file has a model and skeleton attached to it, and those can't be unchecked (the ui suggests they should be uncheckable, via "Select subobjects for export"). Is this a problem? I figure it may be, since the original GR2 animations don't have a skeleton or model.

After exporting the animation back to GR2, I imported this new animation file into the DOS2 editor and tested it out. While it's almost the same as the original, it has a subtle "jitter" to it, and doesn't look nearly as smooth:

Original Animation
Same Animation, After Export Process

My endgoal is here is to be able to speed up some animations and eventually add new animations to existing models, but my current conversion/editing process isn't working correctly, as evidenced by my last attempt:

Faster Bear Walk:
Front | Side

Re: EE pak extractor - 22/01/18 05:53 PM

I think the "Object reference not set to an instance of the object" error was fixed sometime in the v1.9 patch series, can you check this version please?

Can you attach a DAE/GR2 for the jittery animations?

Re: EE pak extractor - 22/01/18 06:34 PM

That's the version I was using actually.

Downloaded the one from your link and got the same error unfortunately.

Here's a link to the jittery DAE/GR2: Bear Walk Animation - Google Drive
Posted By: Lusia

Re: EE pak extractor - 09/02/18 03:56 AM

Hi Norbyte. We are using your tool and trying to figure out how to add an item to our inventory. Somehow our quest got messed up and we need Leandra's Spellbook. What are the values we need to add to this item to have it appear in our inventory?

Thanks!
Posted By: Tree

Re: EE pak extractor - 22/02/18 05:05 PM

Great program, and I have not had any problems making small "adjustments" to one of my characters that I wanted to respec now instead of waiting until the next Act.

My only concern is that now my save files give the "tamper / corrupt" message upon loading. I imagine it is because the internal hash does not match now. I have not had any problems with the files, but wanted to check if there are any future problems that I have not considered. Is there a possibility that Larian might treat this issue differently in the future and block my saves? Any way to fix this "error" ?

Thanks for any input or comments!
Posted By: tuna

Re: EE pak extractor - 24/02/18 09:56 AM

thank you for the program norbyte. i could use this program but i broke my pc and had to reformate it. now it runs the programs but when i try to unpack .pak files i receive System.BadImageFormatException... what shall i do?

Re: EE pak extractor - 24/02/18 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Lusia
Hi Norbyte. We are using your tool and trying to figure out how to add an item to our inventory. Somehow our quest got messed up and we need Leandra's Spellbook. What are the values we need to add to this item to have it appear in our inventory?

Hi Lusia,

I don't have D:OS installed at the moment so I can't check what value you'd need. The easiest way I can think of is checking the the UUID of the item template in the Divinty Engine, and replace the root template of one of your items with that UUID. Adding new items via xml modification is quite hard as you'll have to generate item handles yourself and update the item factory, so it's easier to just repurpose an useless item in the inventory.

Originally Posted By: Tree

My only concern is that now my save files give the "tamper / corrupt" message upon loading. I imagine it is because the internal hash does not match now. I have not had any problems with the files, but wanted to check if there are any future problems that I have not considered.

Hi Tree,

In general the tampered/corrupted message occurs if a hash check in the PAK footers failed. There are several possible causes:
1) the file really is corrupted
2) it was edited with an old version of the exporter; versions before v1.8.3 did not recompute the archive hash, so after the editing the tampered/corrupted error was always there (at least in D:OS 2)
3) the savegame was modified previously, and the sanity check flag in meta.lsx was not cleared
4) I remember D:OS and D:OS EE having a different tamper check scheme than D:OS 2, so I'm not sure if v1.8.3 fixed it for the original as well, or only for D:OS 2

Quote:
Is there a possibility that Larian might treat this issue differently in the future and block my saves?

They'll not prevent you from playing tampered savegames, as this kind of savegame modification worked for the last 3 years with no issues, and continues to work in D:OS 2 as well. They'll be unlikely to help though if you get stuck or encounter a bug with a modified savegame.

Originally Posted By: tuna
thank you for the program norbyte. i could use this program but i broke my pc and had to reformate it. now it runs the programs but when i try to unpack .pak files i receive System.BadImageFormatException... what shall i do?

Hi tuna,

Can you paste the error message in full please?
Posted By: manowar111

Re: EE pak extractor - 24/02/18 01:37 PM

Help please, when I try to extract pak file I get this error:

System.IO.FileNotFOundException: cant load file or assembly "LSLibNative.dll". Cant find specific module.
Filename: "LSLibNative.dll"
in LSLib.Ls.PackagedFileInfo.MakeStream()
in LSLib.Ls.Packager.UncompressPackage(String packagePath, String outputPath)
in ConverterApp.PackagPane.extractPackageBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Windows7 64, gog version of Divinity Original Sin 2, the file in the error message is in the tool's folder, no idea what problem is...

Re: EE pak extractor - 24/02/18 01:52 PM

Which version are you running? Can you try this one?

Re: EE pak extractor - 24/02/18 02:15 PM

[quote=Norbyte]Which version are you running? Can you try this one?
https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool/ExportTool-v1.9.0.zip
[/quote]

Yeah I tried this veraion, error with any mod's or game's pak files...

Re: EE pak extractor - 24/02/18 04:20 PM

Internal error!

System.BadImageFormatException: could not load f'le or assembly @LSLibNative.dll' or one of its dependencies. its not a valid win32 application. (excemption from HRESULT:0x800700C1)
File name: 'LSLibNative.dll'
at LSLib.LS.PackagedFileInfo.MakeStream()
at LSLib.LS.Packager.UncompressPackage(String packagePath, String outputPath)
at
ConverterApp.PackagePane.extractPackageBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Re: EE pak extractor - 24/02/18 04:49 PM

tuna, manowar111,

Can you try downloading the Visual C++ 2017 redist from https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vc_redist.x86.exe and report back if it fixes the issue?

Thanks!

Re: EE pak extractor - 24/02/18 05:00 PM

it did the trick, thanks

Re: EE pak extractor - 24/02/18 06:56 PM

Huge thanks! And thanks for the tool!
Posted By: gdzagent

Re: EE pak extractor - 01/04/18 03:41 PM

Nvm I made it work. Thanks.

But i got problem when it does not support Osi ver 1.12
Posted By: Shuka

Re: EE pak extractor - 01/04/18 10:42 PM

I am having this error while trying to pack my home-made mod. Have just installed VC_redist 2017.
Can you please lend a hand?
Thanks!!

[img:center]https://i.imgur.com/zoiQ8nU.png[/img]

Re: EE pak extractor - 02/04/18 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Shuka
I am having this error while trying to pack my home-made mod. Have just installed VC_redist 2017.
Can you please lend a hand?
Thanks!!

Hi Shuka,

I think you're using an old version of the exporter; that bug was fixed a while ago.
Can you check which verison you're using?

Originally Posted By: gdzagent
Nvm I made it work. Thanks.

But i got problem when it does not support Osi ver 1.12

Which file are you trying to open?
Posted By: gdzagent

Re: EE pak extractor - 03/04/18 08:20 AM

http://uploaded.net/file/9chut21r

This save file

Re: EE pak extractor - 03/04/18 10:19 AM

Big thanks for the extractor smile

Hmm,
When I'm trying convert folder with 1 lsj file inside to lsx, i get this error.

https://imgur.com/a/SBlp6

Im using 1.9.0 beta. The same thing happend when using convert file, not batch convert.
Can You help me, Norbyte?

Re: EE pak extractor - 03/04/18 04:43 PM

@gdzagent
I've updated the exporter to support up to v1.12; please try this version and see if it works.

@Blogotronic
Can you upload a copy of the lsj that you can't convert? Thanks!

Re: EE pak extractor - 03/04/18 04:58 PM

https://www.sendspace.com/file/31maxg
Example frown

Re: EE pak extractor - 03/04/18 05:35 PM

@Blogotronic
I've fixed the LSJ load bug in v1.9.1:

Re: EE pak extractor - 03/04/18 05:48 PM

Norbyte, You are the best! Thank You so much smile
Now it's working
Posted By: ArchGaden

Re: EE pak extractor - 14/04/18 09:19 PM

[quote=Windemere]Try extracting to a shorter path. For instance, create a directory called E:\OriginsData and extract to that as a destination. [/quote]

This solved my extraction crash with the tool.
Posted By: rodo

Re: EE pak extractor - 06/05/18 05:46 PM

Thanks for the tool Norbyte,

I'm having this problem rebuilding my save and can't figure it out , can you give me a hand?

https://ibb.co/h6rr9S
Posted By: Kanalex

Re: EE pak extractor - 24/05/18 03:28 PM

Hey, can someone help me, it is probably my doings are wrong or maybe the game is updated enough, but im not able to get globals.lsx file
Posted By: Paprika_

Re: EE pak extractor - 01/06/18 04:42 PM

Can I have a bit of help? smile
Trying to package a save file

https://imgur.com/UpHl5IO
Error ^

Re: EE pak extractor - 02/06/18 05:04 AM

In the screenshot, the source path is not filled it; it should be something like:
c:\Users\UserName\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\ProfileName\Savegames\Story\extracted_save\

You don't actually need to repack an extracted save file. The game will recognize the individual files as a save. Loading and re-saving would also repack the save files.
Posted By: Paprika_

Re: EE pak extractor - 02/06/18 05:31 PM

Its not that I have not filled the path in, but the 1.9.1-beta version of the ExportTool is bugged. When a directory is selected the path goes to the opposite field as illustrated here --> https://imgur.com/F7uXyAa
Its the first version I tried so I posted here :P
I figured it is not the intended behavior so I tried and older version ExportTool 1.8.7-beta and it worked like a charm. <3

Re: EE pak extractor - 09/06/18 09:41 AM

Oh, thanks; I hadn't tried the latest beta version.

Re: EE pak extractor - 21/06/18 04:38 PM

Eh, haven't noticed that the "..." buttons are broken in 1.9.1; fixed:
Posted By: Nogg

Re: EE pak extractor - 15/07/18 06:02 PM

Hello guys,
I'm not sur to be in the right post, but i need help.

I'm searching a method to recover an item that disappeared on my save of Divinity 2. In the quest The Key to Freedom i gived the Tablet (schematic for swornbreaker) to Almira but he desapear from his inventory and i dont get any dialogue option with her currently, so i can't craft the swornbreaker even if i have the other two part, it's problably bugged and i'm stuck.

The EE pack extractor work well but i'm not familliar with the XML format and all that things, someone can help me ? it is ever possible to modify an item in my inventory by another one from quest ?

Thanks!

Re: EE pak extractor - 16/07/18 09:46 AM

How long ago did you hand over the schematic?
You may just need the 2 pieces of the swornbreaker before you can ask for the schematic back.
Posted By: Nogg

Re: EE pak extractor - 17/07/18 05:37 PM

hey,
I delivered the schematic a bit before leaving the reaper's coast and i'm actually in the academy of the nameless isle, i guess i'm near the end of this chapter. Like i previously said, i already have the 2 pieces but nothing happen. I hoped I could create a new schemat with this program.

Re: EE pak extractor - 17/07/18 07:00 PM

Ok; you said you didn't get an option currently, so I misread the 'even if I have' as hypothetical.

Please email your latest save, as well as your most recent save where you still had the schematic, if available (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) to supportdos2@larian.com, with a description.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip file(s) and folder(s) by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.
Posted By: Kadrim

Re: EE pak extractor - 02/08/18 10:29 PM

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone can assist, but using the GR2Converter LSLib 1.9.1, I'm getting an error message that pops up whenever I load up the save after modifying it saying that it can detect tampering. Not sure if I'm missing any steps but here's what I'm doing:

Extract .lsv package
convert globals.lsf to lsx
Modify my character (moved some stats around and gave him some extra civil points)
convert globals.lsx to lsf (after deleting the old lsf file)
Package contents again using Version V13 and Compression Zlib

As a test I compared the contents of the new/old meta.lsf files by converting them both to lsx and it seems like nothing in there was being regenerated. Is there an additional step that I have to complete to regenerate the hash? If there's nothing at this time I don't mind just clicking accept each time I load a save, but is there any adverse effects from this?

Thanks for any information that can be provided!
Posted By: Darth Nihilus

Re: EE pak extractor - 04/09/18 01:47 PM

The Tool is not recognizing the Main_1.pak.
Posted By: Akka

Re: EE pak extractor - 10/09/18 05:42 PM

Hello !

I have a problem when trying to export, well, anything (DOSEE, DOS2DE, mods from Nexus...) with the program : I get an error message talking about "System.IO.FileLoadException" and so on.

I suppose I'm lacking some sort of C++ DLL or something. Help ? T_T
Posted By: Lo and Evolve

Re: EE pak extractor - 10/09/18 06:13 PM

Hi, I'm trying to extract pak files for DOS2 to update them to DE, and I get this error message:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/4aQbGni.png[/img]

I'm using v 1.11.0. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you!

Re: EE pak extractor - 13/09/18 07:39 PM

Hi Akka, Lo and Evolve,

There was a bug in the v1.11.0 package that broke LZ4 decompression. Please re-download the package again, and it should work properly.
Posted By: comradeda

Re: EE pak extractor - 15/09/18 04:25 AM

'ola

I'm just trying to extract other people's mods to see how they achieve certain effects (currently having a lot of issue with how default parts of the game work like what weapons get backstabs etc.), but the extractor crashes with the following message:
"Internal error!

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\\<UserPath\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\Mods\attributesrewrite\Public\Attributes_Rewrite_c5439f980-ead9-4067-82e3-aa370e20de23Assets\Effects\Effects_Banks\ResourcesSelectorConfig_1ekf366f-3bb4-43e2-ab4c-5cb852fb32f8.xml',
at System.IO_Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY ATTRIBUTES secAttri, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy_Boolean useLongPath, Boolean check(Host)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, Filemode mod, FileAccess access)
at L5Lib.L5.Packager.UncompressPackage(String packagePath, String outputPath)
at ConverterApp.PackagePane.extractPackageBtn_Click(Objects sender, EventArgs e)

Effect seems to be it gets up to whichever part of extraction and then fails, though I can happily explore what it has done thus far.

I have downloaded the latest extractor and .NET 4.5.

Re: EE pak extractor - 17/09/18 08:34 PM

Hmm, this is likely because the path of the file that is being extracted is longer than 256 characters, which .NET doesn't handle without some special magic.
Can you try extracting to a shorter path, like C:\Something?
Posted By: comradeda

Re: EE pak extractor - 18/09/18 04:40 AM

Thank you! That worked!
Posted By: Akka

Re: EE pak extractor - 19/09/18 07:02 PM

Hi Akka, Lo and Evolve,

There was a bug in the v1.11.0 package that broke LZ4 decompression. Please re-download the package again, and it should work properly.

Great, it worked, thanks a lot !
Posted By: Ruanay

Re: EE pak extractor - 26/09/18 09:09 PM

Hey, can you help me how to add an "AVATAR" tag to a multiplayer origin char?
I tried using your tool and editing the lsx with a notepad++, but it crashes everytime I try to load the save. Is there any tip you can give me?
I've seen it being a common use for this extractor.
Posted By: Nowhere2Be

Re: EE pak extractor - 28/09/18 02:13 PM

Hey guys. Hope someone here knows how to fix this. Some how my characters during act 1 gained unlimited source points and I can't figure out what to do. is there a way I can Character Edit my characters to have zero source points?
Posted By: cwfowers

Re: EE pak extractor - 05/10/18 01:08 PM

An experimental version is available, no guarantees that it'll work though smile

Is this by chance open source at all? If so would I be able to get a link to the repository?

Re: EE pak extractor - 05/10/18 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: cwfowers
Is this by chance open source at all? If so would I be able to get a link to the repository?

It is.
https://github.com/Norbyte/lslib
Posted By: sluxie

Re: EE pak extractor - 15/10/18 07:47 PM

Hello,

Thank you for creating the editor.

When trying to convert globals on lsx/lsb tab for DOS2DE I get the following error:
https://imgur.com/a/QFTY8wu

Any ideas?
Thanks a lot!
Posted By: alecblah

Re: EE pak extractor - 18/10/18 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: sluxie
Hello,

Thank you for creating the editor.

When trying to convert globals on lsx/lsb tab for DOS2DE I get the following error:
https://imgur.com/a/QFTY8wu

Any ideas?
Thanks a lot!

Same issue as above poster. Save generated by DOS2DE v. 3.6.31.2130 tried to convert globals on lsx/lsb tab using LSLib v1.11.3, as well the experimental build posted earlier in the thread ExportTool-v1.7.2.zip. To make this issue easier to search I will include the text version of the error.

Code:
Conversion Failed
Internal error!

System.ArgumentException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character.

at System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.InvalidXmlChar(Int32 ch, Byte* pDst, Boolean entitize)

at System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.WriteAttributeTextBlock(Char* pSrc, Char* pSrcEnd)

at System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.WriteString(String text)

at System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriterIndent.WriteString(String text)

at System.Xml.XmlWellFormedWriter.WriteString(String text)

at LSLib.LS.LSXWriter.WriteNode(Node node)

at LSLib.LS.LSXWriter.WriteRegions(Resource rsrc)

at LSLib.LS.LSXWriter.Write(Resource rsrc)

at LSLib.LS.ResourceUtils.SaveResource(Resource resource, String outputPath, ResourceFormat format, FileVersion version)

at ConverterApp.ResourcePane.resourceConvertBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
OK   

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, if more details are needed feel free to ask.

Re: EE pak extractor - 20/10/18 12:02 PM

@sluxie, @alecblah can you upload your savegames somewhere so I can investigate?
Thanks!
Posted By: Lorraine_NG

Re: EE pak extractor - 20/10/18 12:46 PM

I am currently experiencing the same problem as the above posters.

You can download my latest savefile from: Download

Thank you!
Posted By: alecblah

Re: EE pak extractor - 23/10/18 02:16 AM

From my playing around with the tool that error seems to only effect the xml variants of the files so if you use lsj as the extension it will give you a working json formatted version. Though I may be wrong haven't fully tested yet.

Re: EE pak extractor - 23/10/18 08:29 AM

I've fixed LSX export in the latest version (v1.12.1):
Posted By: JRmsk

Re: EE pak extractor - 31/01/19 12:38 AM

Hello. Can you help me to recpec lone wolf talent?
Posted By: GSMMSG.

Re: EE pak extractor - 09/04/19 10:19 PM

Is it safe, change character name?
Posted By: toastie

Re: EE pak extractor - 06/05/19 05:49 AM

hello, this is a great mod! i can unpack .pak files with no problem, but when i try to convert a .GR2 into .dae im greeted by this error; ohno
im trying to customize the colours of a head model but when i recolour the .dds BM texture, repack all the files and add it to the Mods folder all female elf heads turn invisible :(( i have no idea what is going wrong so i'd appreciate it immensely if anyone had tips on how i could go about this!!

Re: EE pak extractor - 08/05/19 05:29 AM

There are a few meshes that the unpacker struggles with; all you can do with them is to not attempt to convert them back and forth with DAE files but they should repack okay in their unaltered GR2 format.

I'm curious about you needing the mesh to customise the colours though: you just need to alter the relevant DDS files for that. You also don't need to repack the stuff for your WIP mod to make it show up in game, though you do need to add or update the texture definition in the modding engine with the correct path to your mod directory as it tends to use the default path by, er, default.

And this may simply be down to my own inexpertise, but don't try to create a new PBR: I've never managed to get them to work as intended. Modify or copy an existing one that is "close enough" but don't try to update its path, and just apply any new texture GUIDs to the relevant record in the modding engine instead.
Posted By: Gravehowl

Re: EE pak extractor - 12/06/19 01:59 AM

I guess im not really sure what this is, but im trying to export some models to view in a program like 3d viewer or 3d builder in order to 3d print my sons character for his birthday. Exporting the model from the divinity 2 engine as a wavefront Obj seems to be the only option, and when I do that, nothing happens and I cant see the model at all or import to these programs for some reason. Is there a way to convert the file or more easily view somehow?

Re: EE pak extractor - 12/06/19 09:07 AM

The files are in GR2 format but the export tool can convert them into DAE which e.g. Blender can then import and export with the appropriate plugin (I'm afraid I'm not the best person to advise where to find Blender stuff let alone anything else!) I've done a fair bit of (admittedly amateurish) modelling admittedly in DOS2 but DOS should be as well supported, I think.
Posted By: darthslider

Re: EE pak extractor - 16/06/19 12:31 PM

Maybe someone knows what should I fix in my savefile to remove the deal with the doctor I accidentally made?

I found this in my savefile but I have no idea what should I put in as a value.

<node id="IdentifierTable">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="ARX_TheDoctor_PactSealed" type="22" />
<attribute id="MapValue" value="9421" type="4" />
</node>

Re: EE pak extractor - 16/06/19 04:18 PM

@Gravehowl As mentioned above, the extractor can only convert between GR2 and DAE (Collada). Blender (and many other tools) support Collada import/export natively, and can also export .OBJ for you.

@darthslider Story variables are not visible in text format in globals.lsx; they're encoded in binary blobs. There are currently no tools that allow editing these flags.
Posted By: darthslider

Re: EE pak extractor - 19/06/19 08:52 PM

Looks like I doomed to never get an ending I want to have.
Thanks for the info smile
Posted By: Jekht7

Re: EE pak extractor - 18/09/19 10:59 PM

Since the last update, saves extracted from their LSVs and then re-packaged come up with the following alert when loaded:
"Warning! The savegame has detected tampering or corruption. It is strongly advised you do not continue on this savegame."

I've tested, and this occurs even if you make no changes to the files inside the LSV, just extract then re-package.

Do you have any advice on how to resolve this, or should I just ignore the alert?

Re: EE pak extractor - 19/09/19 07:36 AM

You do not need to re-package the extracted save; the game can load it from a folder. Of course if you make changes to any of the files, it should be the re-packaging process that updates the checksum value in the save data, so it does not trigger the tampering or corruption warning. Once that check fails, a flag is set in the save, so any saves made after that point will always give this warning when loaded.
Posted By: Mikanos

Re: EE pak extractor - 24/10/19 01:43 AM

Alrighty, question time.

So the first time I went and edited my save, it went off without a hitch (other than me having no idea how to read the code at first, that is). I was able to edit whatever I liked, and I repackaged it and sent it on its merry way. I didn't get the "this file has been tampered with" message the first time, but every subsequent time I've tried to edit the save the message has appeared. I even tried putting the files in the folder before repackaging them (the globals.lsf, levelcache, etc) and it still detected the tampering.

My questions are: Is there something I'm missing, and is there a way to subvert detection? If not, will the fact that my file has been tampered with affect my game in the future (i.e. achievements, gameplay, etc)?

Also it's worth noting that the first time I edited a save was about a week ago, and I'm using the most current version of the editor.

Re: EE pak extractor - 24/10/19 08:12 AM

For an Enhanced Edition save, try making a change in the save game editor, to see if that will update the checksum value in the save (meta.lsf file IIRC), so it matches the save data.

There wouldn't be any negative consequences later in the game. However, if the checksum value calculated when loading a save doesn't match the version in the save itself (triggering the tampering or corruption error), a flag is set so any saves made after that point will always give this warning.

Depending on what you are editing in the save, you may be able to do the same with CheatEngine, and avoid having to extract and repackage the save.
For the install you would either need to uncheck some extra 'offers', or install it while offline. There is also a no-install rar file on the downloads page. If you don't already have an archive manager that can handle rar files, try the freeware 7-Zip.

Here is a CheatEngine table I downloaded from this topic (broken link) when it was still available. It wasn't updated for the latest version of the game, but works for what I've tried with it (adjusting abilities and talents, and I tried god mode once to retrieve a quest item from lava).
Also, I have not used this with the latest version of CheatEngine; there probably will not be any compatibility issues, but if so this is the older version I last used the table with.

Start the game and load a save, open the table (I just extracted it into the CheatEngine install folder), click the 'Select a process to open' button at the top left (highlighted with a flashing box cycling between red and green), select EoCApp.exe (preceded by a hex number, ie 00001FD0-EoCApp.exe) and click the Open button and then Yes. In the bottom list there are options for unlimited health, unlimited action points, etc. I believe they should take effect immediately.
For character edits, select Hero Pointers, then go through Hero 1 to 4 to identify the right character. There is an 'Upgrade Points' section where you can add attribute, ability and talent points, and sections for each of those where you can remove/adjust values. Double click the value to change, and when you are done, switch back to the game to save/load. Character changes require a save/load to get them to show up in-game.

If you can not select the boxes at the bottom in CheatEngine, exit the program and the game and start over. That happened to me a couple times. There may be an easier fix, but I haven't used CheatEngine enough to bother trying anything else.
Posted By: Mikanos

Re: EE pak extractor - 24/10/19 06:09 PM

I'm not sure if I missed something, and this is a DOS 1 thread, but I'm currently using DOS 2 Definitive. I'm not sure if it's supported by CheatEngine, but I'm going through the process of learning it nonetheless in case it is supported.

Re: EE pak extractor - 24/10/19 09:36 PM

Someone did make a CheatEngine table for D:OS 2 DE, but the copy I have is from a year ago, and at the time it was out of date. A quick search now didn't turn up anything newer.
© 2019 Larian Studios forums