Larian Studios
Posted By: LockeMurdock Knight's Tomb - 04/07/14 01:20 AM
Spoilers, so if you haven't gotten to the third town,Hunter's Edge, don't read!

I'm probably missing something simple, but has anyone managed to get through the Knight's Tomb area without instantly dying? I manage to beat the statues, but the floor past that is insta-death each time I walk on it. I don't see any buttons to disable them, and resistances don't work at all.

I really hope the Orcs aren't going to be the solution, because I slaughtered them all when my quests didn't seem to be going anywhere. >_>
Posted By: Yama1291 Re: Knight's Tomb - 04/07/14 01:32 AM
Good job on the giants.

There is a trail of footprints that will guide you through the area.
You need high enough perception to spot it.

It starts on the top of the stairs on either side.
Posted By: LockeMurdock Re: Knight's Tomb - 04/07/14 01:36 AM
Ah, thanks! Time to boost up my perception, then. smile
Posted By: Yama1291 Re: Knight's Tomb - 04/07/14 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by LockeMurdock
Ah, thanks! Time to boost up my perception, then. smile

Good idea smile

This will only get more important by the way.
The game is full of plot relative secrets.

The talent "light stepper" helps as well.
Posted By: eRe4s3r Re: Knight's Tomb - 04/07/14 02:45 AM
The warm and chilled status notice is also a hint, which tells you where to go without perception uncovering stuff.
Posted By: LockeMurdock Re: Knight's Tomb - 04/07/14 03:08 AM
Originally Posted by eRe4s3r
The warm and chilled status notice is also a hint, which tells you where to go without perception uncovering stuff.

Ooh, great tip! I managed to get through with a character who has 11 perception. Man, I missed so much stuff by bouncing around in levels. I'm level 20 doing level 14 quests... XD
Posted By: Aramintai Re: Knight's Tomb - 05/07/14 01:48 PM
How to get to the room up the stairs to the right without being zapped?
Posted By: Werttingo Re: Knight's Tomb - 05/07/14 01:53 PM
That i would like to know myself.
Posted By: Lateraliss Re: Knight's Tomb - 06/07/14 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Aramintai

Well I know you can't use invulnerability scrolls to do it, it still one shot kills you. I've been looking for a while now and haven't spotted anything. I wouldn't be surprised if it was there just to troll us.
Posted By: Actionhanz Re: Knight's Tomb - 07/07/14 05:16 AM
The statues are quite easy since they only do elemental dmg, took zero dmg in this fight only 1500 + heals lol
Posted By: Mitosuke Re: Knight's Tomb - 07/07/14 09:06 AM

Might be a late reply but I managed to get there using the pyramid teleporter.
Posted By: Amon Re: Knight's Tomb - 07/07/14 09:18 AM
wot?
Originally Posted by Mitosuke

How did you bypass the hidden wall?
Posted By: Aramintai Re: Knight's Tomb - 07/07/14 09:57 AM

Yea, that's strange. You sure you're talking about the right place?

Also, probably a weird undeleted bug - in the room where you get the blood stone there's a half-buried in the floor pig called "Spiderpig" and a mangled leg behind grate to the right. I tried luring it with apple but it didn't move, talked to it, but it had nothing to say.
Posted By: Mitosuke Re: Knight's Tomb - 07/07/14 10:47 AM

Yea, that's strange. You sure you're talking about the right place?

Also, probably a weird undeleted bug - in the room where you get the blood stone there's a half-buried in the floor pig called "Spiderpig" and a mangled leg behind grate to the right. I tried luring it with apple but it didn't move, talked to it, but it had nothing to say.

Yeah positive. I just completed it when I posted that reply. It's hard to get the pyramid there but with trial and error, I managed to do it.

I tried interacting with that 'animal' too even managed to bug the pyramid to drop there but my character just refused to teleport next to it.

Originally Posted by Amon
wot?

How did you bypass the hidden wall?

There was no hidden wall...
Posted By: Aramintai Re: Knight's Tomb - 07/07/14 10:55 AM

So let me get this straight - you actually managed to throw the pyramid up the stairs? Where exactly did you throw it, because the stairs are blocking everything for me. Make a picture if you can.
Posted By: Mitosuke Re: Knight's Tomb - 07/07/14 11:15 AM

So let me get this straight - you actually managed to throw the pyramid up the stairs? Where exactly did you throw it, because the stairs are blocking everything for me. Make a picture if you can.

Well I guess the fact that the character I used has 6 points in tele (thanks to gears mainly), she could throw further than a 'normal character'. I threw it further than the stairs. It's impossible to throw it on the stairs itself so I tried further from it. I'll try to reproduce it with screenshots later unless you manage to do it too.
Posted By: Aramintai Re: Knight's Tomb - 07/07/14 11:18 AM

Well I guess the fact that the character I used has 6 points in tele (thanks to gears mainly), she could throw further than a 'normal character'. I threw it further than the stairs. It's impossible to throw it on the stairs itself so I tried further from it. I'll try to reproduce it with screenshots later unless you manage to do it too.

Hmm. Interesting. I'll definetly try it out later. Make a pic nonetheless.
For low telekenisis - is it possible to put a pyramid into a container of some sort, or just throw it by itself with a strong character and then teleport to it? I've seen Madora throwing stuff very far.
Posted By: Mitosuke Re: Knight's Tomb - 07/07/14 11:35 AM

Hmm. Interesting. I'll definetly try it out later. Make a pic nonetheless.
For low telekenisis - is it possible to put a pyramid into a container of some sort, or just throw it by itself with a strong character and then teleport to it? I've seen Madora throwing stuff very far.

Okay dunno why the image will not display here, so here's the image link instead. http://i.imgur.com/pzYdQjD.jpg?1
Posted By: Aramintai Re: Knight's Tomb - 07/07/14 11:49 AM

Okay dunno why the image will not display here, so here's the image link instead. http://i.imgur.com/pzYdQjD.jpg?1

Nice! I'll definetly try this out!
Posted By: Aramintai Re: Knight's Tomb - 07/07/14 04:06 PM
Ok, it's official - you need high telekenisis to throw the pyramid onto the spot in the pic:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Knight's Tomb - 07/07/14 04:14 PM
Ok, it's official - you need high telekenisis to throw the pyramid onto the spot in the pic:
[Linked Image]

How much is high? It doesn't work with level 3.

I guess level 5 at least?
Posted By: Aramintai Re: Knight's Tomb - 07/07/14 04:26 PM
Disregard all that - you don't need high telekenisis at all, lol. You just need to drop it and stand in a very specific spot:
[Linked Image]

Don't know about you, guys, but it seems to me that the stairs are just plain buggy, ot this method is wrong and you actually need to do smth else here. But anyways, problem fixed. Now I've only one secret that's bugging me - the one in the Silverglen tavern cellar.

Posted By: ashun Re: Knight's Tomb - 07/07/14 05:39 PM
what to do once I am up there? there are two clickable statues but nothing happens
Posted By: Aramintai Re: Knight's Tomb - 07/07/14 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by ashun
what to do once I am up there? there are two clickable statues but nothing happens

This room containts a rare skillbook for warriors, nothing more.
Posted By: Kabada Re: Knight's Tomb - 08/07/14 12:34 PM
I don't get it, where do you "drop it"??? Is it supposed to glitch up the stairs?
Posted By: Kabada Re: Knight's Tomb - 08/07/14 12:41 PM
I also have a guy with Telekinesis 6 and still can't throw it up there.
Posted By: Aramintai Re: Knight's Tomb - 08/07/14 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by Kabada
I don't get it, where do you "drop it"??? Is it supposed to glitch up the stairs?

Drop the pyramid and stand exactly as in the picture.
Posted By: Aramintai Re: Knight's Tomb - 08/07/14 01:25 PM
I also have a guy with Telekinesis 6 and still can't throw it up there.

You don't need telekenisis for this - look at the picture - I used Madora with 0 points in it. It's most likely a glitchy solution, but it works.
Posted By: Kabada Re: Knight's Tomb - 08/07/14 01:55 PM
It doesn't work. I drop it at the exact spot and its just there and doesn't glitch up.
Posted By: DarkHawk Re: Knight's Tomb - 08/07/14 08:17 PM
Outside of the tomb are two statues with three red lights each, I found two switches outside, which turn two of the three red lights to green, anyone knows where the third swich is? Probably this is a way to turn of the lightning trap.
Posted By: Zelon Re: Knight's Tomb - 08/07/14 08:35 PM
@DarkHawk

No, the switches are there to open the knights tomb. I have found the Star Stone there, but I'm still looking for Garricks Blood Stone. I think I have to go down the vent, but how do I do that?

Do I have to use a rope? If the answer is "yes", where do I find it?

Or are the Star Stone I find and garricks blood stone one and the same?
Posted By: Aramintai Re: Knight's Tomb - 08/07/14 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Zelon
@DarkHawk

No, the switches are there to open the knights tomb. I have found the Star Stone there, but I'm still looking for Garricks Blood Stone. I think I have to go down the vent, but how do I do that?

He was dropped down the vent and you can find him in the room below with the star stone. There are no other safe ways into the dungeon and no other blood stones to be had there, because it was orks who stole blood stones from the warehouse, then made it look like it was Garrick job and then dumped him into the vent.
Posted By: DarkHawk Re: Knight's Tomb - 08/07/14 11:09 PM
I found the levers after visiting the tomb and retrieving the star stone.
Posted By: Meidosan Re: Knight's Tomb - 09/07/14 05:35 AM
It may be late, but this tip should help people who get stuck in the tomb without putting points into perception and don't want to bother with the hot/cold game: Summon a minion, they will have enough perception to spot the footprints.
Posted By: Kabada Re: Knight's Tomb - 09/07/14 02:10 PM
Nobody answered the question about the vent though... How do you get in there without dying? I already did all the rest of the tomb.
Posted By: Ozymandias Re: Knight's Tomb - 11/07/14 10:29 PM
This is somewhat of a dumb question, but how does one go about destroying the giants? It is impossible to retreat from this fight. Is this fight only winnable by increasing my elemental resistance? Is there some witty way of retrieving the blood stone?
Posted By: Ozymandias Re: Knight's Tomb - 11/07/14 10:44 PM
An alternative to fighting to your death is finding the Titan Dictionary inside of the wizards house near a bed. This book will allow you to initiate an argument with the watchful guardian and potentially pass without violence. Unless you get fried by the lightning trap.
Posted By: stabito Re: Knight's Tomb - 12/07/14 01:30 AM
does this still work because I sat here for 30 minutes putting down the pyramid but it never worked I also tried throwing it with telekinesis 8 and my stupid guy would just run to the stairs instead of throwing it
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Knight's Tomb - 12/07/14 02:18 AM
Nobody answered the question about the vent though... How do you get in there without dying? I already did all the rest of the tomb.

You can't enter the vent. The corpse you see at the end of the tomb (the one with the ork horn) is the one who fell through the vent. If you already cleared the tomb there is noting more to do.
Posted By: eleve Re: Knight's Tomb - 12/07/14 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by stabito
does this still work because I sat here for 30 minutes putting down the pyramid but it never worked I also tried throwing it with telekinesis 8 and my stupid guy would just run to the stairs instead of throwing it

It's the strength that makes it work. I just tried with all my characters and only the one with str=14 managed to throw the pyramid.
Posted By: greeny Re: Knight's Tomb - 14/07/14 04:13 AM
Must I need 2 pyramids to perform this?
Posted By: mysterio Re: Knight's Tomb - 15/07/14 01:38 PM
The key here is you must place teleporter pyramid on the floor. Now! you are free to throw it!!!

There is nothing in this room, only Terror Skillbook. Waste my time!
Posted By: JohnVincent Re: Knight's Tomb - 15/07/14 07:02 PM
Just posted this on steam community and figured I might as well give you guys a heads up too in case anyone else is still interested in getting into that area.

Not sure if anyone else has tried this yet but I got into that area by having one character walk towards the stairs to get hit and die. After that, I used a bloodstone to revive that character and that single character was able to get up the stairs. Way easier than trying to toss the pyramid but obviously it will cost you a bloodstone.

No idea what you're supposed to do once you get into that area though because like everyone else who's been up there, the only thing that is of any real value is the skill book.
Posted By: Deste Re: Knight's Tomb - 15/07/14 07:48 PM
What about the two destroyable statues above the tomb that are named doors?

It looks as if you could interact with them but that does nothing
Posted By: camelotcrusade Re: Knight's Tomb - 17/07/14 03:13 AM
The only method that worked for me was that bloodstone trick. I have three by now, so I used one and got the skill book. On that note, how many do you actually have to use for plot/quests? Are you supposed to just burn a couple of them?
Posted By: Alix Re: Knight's Tomb - 17/07/14 07:15 AM
You Need no Stones (maybe on for frederic) for quests but you Need nearly all (use whereever you like) to open new gates in homestaed
Posted By: Nilt Re: Knight's Tomb - 20/07/14 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by eleve
Originally Posted by stabito

It's the strength that makes it work. I just tried with all my characters and only the one with str=14 managed to throw the pyramid.

I think a combination of Strength and Telekinesis is the key here. I bumped my TK up to 6 on my main, which only has STR 5. I couldn't get it up there for anything. I moved my TK gear to Madora, with STR of 15 and a TK of 4. I had a TK and Str pot each ready to go but I didn't even need them; just toss it up and there it was.

Man, that was irritating. First thing I had to look up, getting up those stairs. I managed at first with Hot-N-Cold but it was annoying and required many quick loads. It is do-able, however.

Nice tip on the minion, though, for Perception. I used a Burning Eyes buff on my main to get to 10, then that worked fine. You could use scrolls too, if need be. Conveniently, once the footsteps show up, they're permanent.

Edited to add: There's a chest in there that popped a rather nice rare armor for Madora, too. Well worth the hassle ... she was due for an upgrade.

Edit 2 since there aren't any replies yet: I finally found a sextant and added it to Heartseeker. It bumped me up another 2 Per, so now my main is at Perception 12 with Light Step adding 2 for traps. Hmm, maybe I won't need to add points to it after all ...
Posted By: derpsausage Re: Knight's Tomb - 28/07/14 11:45 PM
Telekinesis doesn't matter. Drop the stone then take your toon with the highest STR to toss that thing up there past the top of the stairs. Simple.
Posted By: vometia Re: Knight's Tomb - 29/07/14 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by mysterio
The key here is you must place teleporter pyramid on the floor. Now! you are free to throw it!!!

Yeah, it was the bit about first dropping it on the ground before throwing it that confounded me.

Originally Posted by mysterio
There is nothing in this room, only Terror Skillbook. Waste my time!

There's also a chest with some random gubbins, but it was there and needed to be explored, which was reason enough! laugh
Posted By: Brynn Re: Knight's Tomb - 31/07/14 01:10 AM
I have the perception to follow the footsteps but still get bombed. What is the secret?
Posted By: NYiTa Re: Knight's Tomb - 10/08/14 04:06 PM
I tried a million times, I can't throw the pyramid there, I have high telekinesis 10+ but still can't do it. What am I missing?
Thanks for your help
Posted By: NYiTa Re: Knight's Tomb - 10/08/14 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by derpsausage
Telekinesis doesn't matter. Drop the stone then take your toon with the highest STR to toss that thing up there past the top of the stairs. Simple.

Thanks!! I was finally able to do it! yay
Posted By: sommervr Re: Knight's Tomb - 11/08/14 11:52 AM
Cast a spider and have it follow you. It reveals the orc footprint safe path through the area. There is two paths on either side. I guess the spiders have high perception
Posted By: Camavan Re: Knight's Tomb - 19/02/15 10:58 AM
Disregard all that - you don't need high telekenisis at all, lol. You just need to drop it and stand in a very specific spot:
[Linked Image]

Don't know about you, guys, but it seems to me that the stairs are just plain buggy, ot this method is wrong and you actually need to do smth else here. But anyways, problem fixed. Now I've only one secret that's bugging me - the one in the Silverglen tavern cellar.

Just to clear up:

It is basically what he says. The key is to stand in the right spot (not too close to the staircase). This will grant you vision of a small area atop of the stairs - you can always check this by scanning the area with one of your inventory items to see if you find a spot that is not "Path blocked". Then DROP one of your pyramids at your own foot and throw it from the floor and up there instead of from your inventory - apparently they will try to run to the location and drop the item if you "throw it" from your inventory (unless you have 6 in Telekinesis), but not if you throw it from the ground. You don't need telekinesis at all to throw it this way.
Posted By: vometia Re: Knight's Tomb - 19/02/15 02:08 PM
Frustrating that I'd already replied to this topic and repeated the solution, and got back into that same situation again the other day when I tried throwing it from my inventory and kept getting pwned. Argh!
Posted By: Felixg91 Re: Knight's Tomb - 19/02/15 07:24 PM
Fire ELemntals can see the footprints as well, someone probably
Posted By: cossayos Re: Knight's Tomb - 20/02/15 02:11 AM
What I don't get is how you even get to that sweet spot at the foot of the stairs. There are no foot prints leading there after all.
Posted By: Raze Re: Knight's Tomb - 20/02/15 04:10 AM

Anywhere in the middle of the stairs there should work. It isn't that specific a spot, that I recall.
Posted By: cossayos Re: Knight's Tomb - 20/02/15 10:40 AM
But I don't see how you can even get to the bottom of the stairs in question without being shockfrozen. The footprints lead to the other stair where the watchmen are waiting and it's a long way from there to the other staircase.
Posted By: vometia Re: Knight's Tomb - 20/02/15 11:03 AM
You don't need to stand right at the bottom; just stand on the footprints, drop the pyramid on the floor then fling it up the stairs.
Posted By: vometia Re: Knight's Tomb - 20/02/15 11:18 AM
... just to clarify, hopefully this image demonstrates what I mean. My character is stood near the bottom of the stairs on the footprints and has just dropped the pyramid on the floor in front of her; to the right of the screenshot you can see where she's about to throw it. It takes a bit of wiggling about to find a spot where it doesn't say "blocked" but it's possible.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lukas Krupa Re: Knight's Tomb - 21/08/16 03:54 AM
SOLVED:

put blue pyramid stone into any empty chest. Teleport chest as far as possible over the stairs (using Teleportation spell or scroll) and then use the other pyramid to teleport whole party there next to the chest.

That's it :-)
Posted By: kazRium Re: Knight's Tomb - 30/09/16 03:48 PM
Just adding this for anyone who doesn't have character with high telekinesis ( like me ), there is an alt way to do it. It requires two characters to complete, and that one of your characters has the spell teleport and the "Far out man" talent. Just stand both characters in the same place as shown for the pyramid way, but use the teleport spell to send the other to the location above the stairs. I had to send them as far as I could before it worked. Got the Meteorstrike spell book, charm arrow, and legendary boots and a wand. Good luck!

Posted By: VVish Re: Knight's Tomb - 14/11/16 12:10 PM
Figured it out in 5 seconds.

Method 1, Teleportation:
http://i.imgur.com/HX6NDAm.jpg

Method 2, Cloak and Dagger:
http://i.imgur.com/HkCV2GP.jpg
Posted By: Praxiteles Re: Knight's Tomb - 10/12/16 12:26 PM
Here is a trick if your perception is not high enough to see how to get through the Knight's Tomb.

Summon the Undead Warrior.

For some reason, he can see all the footprints.
Posted By: TazmanianD Re: Knight's Tomb - 08/06/17 05:13 AM
Teleportation worked for me. I just had my wizard teleport one of my other characters and that seemed to work just fine. I had tried Cloak and Dagger as well but that didn't seem to work. I think my Wizard's spell reach was a little farther due to the perk I picked so maybe that's it, but the Cloak and Dagger did seem like it would go farther than the images above about using the pyramids.
Posted By: caninelegion Re: Knight's Tomb - 09/06/17 03:42 AM
Any summons will see the path, I believe.
Posted By: Raze Re: Knight's Tomb - 09/06/17 06:46 AM

Earth summons also tend to have good perception.
Posted By: Karllich Re: Knight's Tomb - 11/04/18 02:54 PM
And for the another way of getting inside: Has anyone of you tried the ressurection scroll or spell? Just let one character die on the impenetrable wall as close to the stairs as you can and revive him afterwards. The revive range varies, but the Teleport after revive is 10 meters set - you can easily teleport him up the stairs. It worked well for me and probably the easiest way which costs just one ressurect scroll.
Posted By: Neo687 Re: Knight's Tomb - 03/05/18 03:46 AM
This is what I did:

Getting past the initial gate to get in the knight's tomb is easy, just send someone through w/ teleport and then use the pyramids to bring everyone else through.

If you have to fight the knights, distance yourself as much as possible, as one hit is an insta-kill. Get a ranger to use charm arrows, or someone who knows rapture or has love grenades to charm them, so they fight each other until it's down to the last one, and then use something that freezes them (arrows seem to work best) and hit them w/ ranged attacks.

For getting around, I used a combo of the resurrection skill and the pyramids. It was tedious but it worked quite well. I didn't have any good perception and I honestly didn't think to just toss the pyramid up the stairs. So if you're having trouble with that: Have one guy be a guinea pig, and attempt to find the right path. Have another who knows the resurrection skill teleport via pyramid every handful of feet, making sure to stay within the perimeter of the resurrect skill, if you get out of range you're sol, and you'll have to start again.

When your guinea pig inevitably gets smote, resurrect him as far as you can drop. usually, even if you resurrect in an area that would have killed him, for some reason it won't strike if you resurrect (but it will if you use the regular teleport skill. idk why. weird). You can easily get up the stairs this way.
© Larian Studios forums