Larian Studios
Hi there,

I have attached 2 pictures of game where I am located and I don't know how I can open this head wall or whatever.

The location is when you have to burn the cassandra corpses (i've done it already, but I'm curious what's behind this wall)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
There is a prominent skull I spy just to the right of the head......
This skull has repaired the bridge to the right so I can go through.

Still don't know how to open it
Did you try clicking on the brazier to the left? wink (I sadly can't remember exactly anymore, you burnt the corpse, did you find the alchemist?

Either it was a lever somewhere or the brazier.... I just click on everything when I play D:OS.. which makes remembering what did what a problem...
Yes, I found alchemist and burnt the corpse (killed by ctrl + attack).

So you saying that the lever is somewhere else placed in this location?

//edit

I've also tried to stop burning the coal basket and lighting it up again. (one on the left and second on the right)
I found a book near the all the ingredients which says there is a lever that can be spotted with a high perception but couldn't find one.
Yeah, got the same book.

The book says to create some kind of potion, I will try this out.

P.S. I just found blood stone on the one's of the big stone head, next to cassandra corspe.
Looks like i've checked every corner with maximum of perception. Maybe, I've discovered it already somewhere in the tomb and now I can't find it or it is small button on the wall somewhere which hides in spot that is almost invisible for me ..
I'm exactly at the same place wondering around. please update when solved ty.
Im also interested to see how can you open it, i tried looking around for something but couldnt find any switch...
I don't think that this is an area you can actually enter.
I try this area with 19 Perseption, maybe you Need more?
12 natural +4 rings... +3 Potion
I get texactly the same answer. I finished the game, but I miss this part, and I don't find any explanation on internet. Any new idea?Is it just a big strange architecture or decoration? ;)
I like questions that picque my curiosity.

I had a fitting save game and just tried. 3 results:

No, the skull seems to be no kind of door
Yes, you CAN get behind the skull in a stairway. It is easy once you try.
No, nothing there but a dead end

Regards,
Thorsten
For details, see my walkthrough on page 228 (the last paragraph explains how to enter the blocked-off stairway) and page 229 (The Cassandra's Tomb paragraph. High perception is needed to get the stone barrier (127, 165) at the entrance to disappear, but you can actually just walk through it and it will work as well.

Walkthrough Thread
Naked self promotion, which unfortunately has nothing zo do with the question from the OP. The hidden entrance to Cassandras bones was not the question.

Regards,
Thorsten
ivra> I got hope... wink But indeed, it's not at all the problem here. Screenshots of the OP are very clear. The question is "How could we go behind the big headstone".

Thorsten> "Yes, you CAN get behind the skull in a stairway. It is easy once you try."
Do you mean... get behind the big headstone? If it's easy, how do you proceed?
Think about your teleport pyramids. Look for a spot that takes you nearer to the area behind the big wall skull. And don't beleive it's done in one shot.

Regards,
Thorsten
Too high, too far, not in sight, path blocked... I tried with pyramids, and teleports spells. But... no. It's still "not so easy" for me.

Anyway, thanks for the clues! At least, now, I know there is nothing special behind. Weird scenery here...
The first pyramid spot is hard to find on an otherwise impassable but fairly flat terrain. It furthermore seems to be the only one, so I am not even sure if the access was intentional or a devs glitch. Thewn you have to throw the pyramid a second time near the target, third one gets your pyramid in the passage behind the skull wall. If you use the pyramid in the first spot there is plenty of seemingly empty visible space but still barely enough accessable place for one character - your party joins you at the second or third attempt (can't remember).

Was fun trying.

Regards,
Thorsten
Hi
actually:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Thorsten
Naked self promotion, which unfortunately has nothing zo do with the question from the OP. The hidden entrance to Cassandras bones was not the question.

Regards,
Thorsten

I don't understand the criticism. This is copied directly from the walkthrough:

It is possible to enter the blocked-off stairway leading northwest by using the Teleporter Pyramids, but the area is completely empty. If you like to try, go to the west of the wooden bridge and throw a Teleporter Pyramid in the slope to the north of you (56, 115). Teleport to it and your party will end up on the stairs, but you might not be able to retrieve the Teleporter Pyramid. If that is the case teleport to Homestead or another map to automatically pick up the Teleporter Pyramid.

Isn't that what we are talking about?
Sorry for resurrecting the topic but could anyone make video or at least make screenshots of where to stand and where to throw the pyramid? And is it still possible in enhanced edition? Can't find this "slope" to throw. Found couple places but characters just glitch inder textures.

I don't know if this still works in the EE, but did you try moving the camera focus to find the coordinates listed above (x:56, y:115)? With the keyboard UI the coordinates are shown under the mini-map; with the controller UI they are shown on the main map.
That corridor remains just an empty dead end in the EE, though.
Yeah, those coordinates show a bit lower than the pillar, but I can't land pyramid anywhere at that spot or near it. :-( I know that nothing is there but I just want to reach the end. hehe

I was able to get through dropping one teleporter on the ground in front of the stone face (as close as possible, just to the left of centre) and drag and dropping it to the other side (finding a small region where it would be highlighted in white, on the bottom step of the first set of stairs, about a third of the way from the left). Trying again centred and farther to the left I didn't find a place to drop, but going a little to the left again I found a place a little more than half way to the stairs that I could drop, on the left side near the circular platform.
© Larian Studios forums