Larian Studios
Posted By: Felixg91 Skill Books - 18/02/15 10:41 PM
Okay I havent tried it so I dont know for sure but reading a skillbook more than once per character has no effect right?

I have been selling my dupes and suddenly was wondering if it is possible and if it does anything?

I assume not, this might be a stupid question, but I was reading on the D:OS wikia and somewhere it said buy multiple skillbooks of X type if you get the chance????
Posted By: Raze Re: Skill Books - 19/02/15 12:37 AM

Later in the game you can respec the main characters, which would result in any skills they know being unlearned. Since some skillbooks are currently hard (or impossible) to find at higher character levels, if you want the option to be able to respec, it is best to have spare skillbooks for any skill that can be bought or crafted while they are available, rather than try to find them after the fact.
Some skillbooks are unique or the skills only available at character creation.
Posted By: Felixg91 Re: Skill Books - 19/02/15 12:58 AM
Ok I knew about respec...found out the hard way...that dovetails with what I thought, re-reading wont help the skill improve. When I found out the hard way I couldnt get those skills back becasue they are limited items I wished I hadnt re-spec'ed. So now I dont...ever.

thanks

I dont like the limited availability of certain books, hasnt hurt me much just think its meh.

But checks and balances, and all that.

Posted By: Joram Re: Skill Books - 19/02/15 08:07 AM
I will NEVER respec !!

I preference "start New Game" above respec my characters, also if I'm almost at a high level or at the end laugh !

Posted By: Felixg91 Re: Skill Books - 19/02/15 07:28 PM
Roger that Joram I agree, never again. You lose too much, and things you cannot get back.
Posted By: cossayos Re: Skill Books - 20/02/15 02:04 AM
There's also a mod at the nexus, preventing that skill books are consumed. They stay in your inventory, which I found very usefull when doing my first few playthroughs and respecing my characters at the Hall of Darkness.
Posted By: Felixg91 Re: Skill Books - 20/02/15 02:47 AM
I fear mods and editors, I just got the game to work properly without crashing on save, on load, and pretty much at random ( last patch fixed it apparently) so I can live with the game as long as it works without crasahing and freezing, and I just wont ever respec, but that mod would be nice.

I really want to try the editor but the website it is on has some malware-adware issues or something, I tried to download it and it was problematic....I never got the editor just a bunch of unwanted crap programs that I didnt want, I 'd pay some one just to shoot me a copy so I dont have to download it, also to be fair and honest my internet sucks, it's slow, buggy and intractable at the best of times, thats one of the reasons why I hate DRM, damn game companies just give me a disk with the freaking game on it when I buy a game and damn hackers just quit screwing things up for people you dont know. Honeslty Malware companies should be hit with cease and desist orders adn closed down and their employees arrested and charged.
Posted By: Raze Re: Skill Books - 20/02/15 04:15 AM

The editor is legitimately available from Steam or GOG (not yet updated to current version), neither of which have malware or adware issues.
Posted By: Felixg91 Re: Skill Books - 22/02/15 03:27 PM
Thanks again Raze, didnt know I could get it on Steam, I am OK with Steam, I will get it soon, curious how and what it does and I have some things I think will allieve the frustrating loot situation by modding my characters, thanks tonight after work probably look into getting it steamed.
Posted By: Raze Re: Skill Books - 22/02/15 06:54 PM

In the Steam Library, it is listed in the Tools section, as The Divinity Engine, one of 4 with the cloud support icon.
Posted By: Felixg91 Re: Skill Books - 22/02/15 08:00 PM
Thanks Raze, I will look into it after work, that will help, truthfully I hardly ever do anything with internet on my computer at home, I work on the internet so home time is play time.
© Larian Studios forums