Larian Studios
Posted By: Felixg91 Guardian - 22/03/15 05:01 PM
Ok I beat this tedious battle every time, but man is it boring repetitive and seems senseless, it isnt challenging, tense or fun.

I use fire spells from my mage and she summons a fire elemental sometimes up to like 5 times during the fight.

My FIghter uses a flame enhanced weapon and flurry, rage or melee power stance sometimes 2 or 3 times each depending on how long the battle drags out needlessly.

Wolgraff uses flaming and silver arrows,Missile power stance and barrage. Sometimes his bow is flame enhanced but it makes little difference.

yet in all cases the damage per strike is laughably small even with oath of desecration being used as well so this encounter drags and drags.

The guardian for his part stomps around, doing very little, he attacks sometimes and some turns he just stands there, thank god he just stands there sometimes because he takes for freaking ever to kill. Its ridiculous.

I know about Bairdotr and the un-obvious magical item that kills him but that is not a very good optional way to kill the guardian. Usually I dont have Bairdotr anyway I have wolgraff and I do want the experience points for killing the guardian.

ANybody come up with a better set of tactics or techniques to deal with this tedious fight? Honestly fire and flame attacks should cause much more damage against this enemy, maybe piercing attacks and crushing attaks should cause none or much less and cold atttacks none as well but this creature should be more vulnerable to something.

Posted By: Stabbey Re: Guardian - 22/03/15 05:42 PM
Does triggering the lava trap and teleporting him onto it work?

What you have to ask is: "Is the amount of XP I get really worth the tedium of doing this fight?" For me, the answer was "no". There's more than enough XP to reach level 20.
Posted By: Felixg91 Re: Guardian - 22/03/15 06:10 PM
HMMM good point, XP vs tedium? Answer is probably no, but I still almost never have Bairdotr with me anyway.

You mean the Firelfy spell? Or am I not tracking? I usually do not get my mage to learn Firefly it hasnt been very successful when I employed it experimentally in the past, maybe I should try that next time, does it work better? Is the damage like more than 25 points which is what ( or less) all the attacks I am trying are casuing to the guardian.

Does Teleport or Featherfall even work on him anyway? It must since your suggesting it.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Guardian - 22/03/15 06:16 PM
No, there is a lava trap near the guardian. Step on a button and step off.

It can't take much work to pick Bairdotr up and then come back later. Since that method grants no XP anyway, it doesn't matter that the one you lose for that minute won't get any. You can also come back later once you have Tenebrium learned on someone else.
Posted By: Felixg91 Re: Guardian - 22/03/15 06:18 PM
Really? I dont think I ever found it...oh wait you mean up the stairs?
Posted By: Candew Re: Guardian - 02/04/15 06:13 PM
I just met up with this fine gentleman and man what a pain in the keester. I just gave up and reloaded. I will come back when I have a tenebrium weapon, because everything seems to suggest this is his only weakness (or fire, but even then..it was taking forever to bring him down).

Will try the teleport into the lava trap and see if that will work.

Thank you all for the tips and suggestions.
Posted By: Felixg91 Re: Guardian - 03/04/15 12:24 AM
Yeah its tedious for sure.
© Larian Studios forums