Larian Studios
Hello.I recently started enjoying the game again after two months pause,and everything back then was working flawlessly on my PC.

I have started playing again with the game on it's latest build , and I am experiencing a new kind of the "Divinity Original Sin has stopped working" crash under Windows 7 64 EN Ultimate. I had my game crashed twice when hitting the inventory key-"I" during battles. It seems like hitting the key doesn't work, almost like my keyboard strike doesn't register, and then the game crashes.

The crashes happened on the Hiberheim forest area, the first after a very long battle-about an hour and a half, due to my party being one level lower than the enemy, but I was managing-with the level 12 guardian, and the second when fighting a large group of immaculates near a closed gate.

My system specifications are as follows:

GIGABYTE Z77X-D3H(Revision 1.0)motherboard with latest BIOS.

Intel i5 3570 CPU stock at 3.40Ghz CORSAIR H80-latest-water cooled.

CORSAIR DOMINATOR 8GB's DDR3 RAM at 1866Mhz(xmp).

NVidia GTX 295 gpu BY PaLiT.The latest official WHQL driver is properly installed.Card is at stock speeds, cooled well, no NVidia inspector, MSI afterburmer or anything else similar to those installed.

Intel Postville 80GB ssd for OS installation.

Western Digital SATA II 2 X 500GB's Caviar Black RAID 0 configuration for Steam and games installations.

Logitech DiNovo Media Desktop Laser bletooth keyboard-mediapad-mouse combo with latest setpoint version installed.

I am playing on a ASUS VW222S LCD monitor on custom high settings with no antiliasing on.

Please help, I love the game, I can not seem able to pinpoint the issue myself until now.

Thank you,

Menicus.

So this is a random crash?

If you quicksave during combat before opening a character's inventory, and you run into this again you could check if the crash is repeatable with that character and situation.
Hello Raze,

Thank you for the reaponse,please accept my due apology for replying quite late.I can not be sure if this is a random crash,I only know it registered twice in a row-gamed,crash,check disk for errors,reboot,game,crash,check disk for errors,posted issue thread here-and I also can not be sure if it was related to a certain character or not.I think-just a quick thought-it had both times to do with Jahan?Also,I never ever quicksave during combat,not because I am that hardcore-lol-but because I am afraid of the data corruption of the save file if something goes wrong.

Is there the possibility to directly email Larian the crash reports?

Any other input would help me,I am dying to play but I don't want to torture both the game and the machine.

Thank you.

Menicus.

Yes, you can email the CrashDump files to supportdos@larian.com. Also include the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, most of the saves can be deleted from the zip.
You can either add the CrashDump files to the report.zip, or zip them separately.

You could try starting a new game, and testing with the first and/or second combat encounter; that would help determine if the problem is with the game itself or system, though not if the inventory contents of your current save are related. Further tests would require using your current saves. I'll also check your save here, so if the problem is in the save itself I should be able to reproduce the problem, unless it is intermittent or requires some specific conditions to trigger.
Hello again Raze,

Thank you kindly for assisting me further on this one.Can you please explain where exactly the CrashDumo files are located?I have downloaded the support too,I will execute it and let you know what it came up with.

I have no problem to try and start a new game so to make a few tests,but my system has been handling the game with almost zero crashes up to now,and it's in absolutely healthy condition.I can try it though,it does not hurt.

I will report the tool's findings tomorrow here.Thank you again.

Thank you,

Menicus.

Sorry, when you said 'the crash reports', I thought you had already found them. They would be in the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping' folder.
Hello again,please do not apologise for me being dumb not to ask the very first moment I created my thread!lol

Update:Before I go to sleep-02:32 AM in Athens,here!-I ran the tool.To my surprise,I had my Visual C+2008 SP1 Redistributable installation corrupted!I don't know how the game tolerated that,and not scream at me with crashes all the time,I just don't.I visited Microsoft's download center to get the fresh files,uninstalled the corrupted ones,and installed them fresh,the tool was happy to acknowledge everything as passed this time.

I will have to try and run and test my game tomorrow after this incident,this was serious,sometimes Visual C++ downloads might go sneaky on you upon installation,especially if any browsers are open among other things.

I will let you know how it went,and THANK YOU for replying to me this late in the night.

Time to run a last check disk on the C: to clear all the nasty unused indexes and hit the bed!yawn.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Menicus.
Issue Resolved.

Hello Raze,I wanted to thank you again warmly for your support in how to troubleshoot my issue.I am very happy to report that after reinstalling the Visual C+2008 redistributables the crashes have been entirely eliminated,and the game functions absolutely smooth and normally now.I have tested both older and newer saves,experimenting much with all characters during combat and everything functions as it should.

Thank you again,I am off to enjoy my game!

Kind Regards,

Menicus.
© Larian Studios forums