Larian Studios
DOS 2: Definitive Edition here. I decided to play as Fane Thief/Assassin, Dual-Wield daggers. I got to Fort Joy and wanted some advice before venturing forth. Questions:
1. Which classes are best fit to do well with Dual Blade/Thief Fane? He needs special poison healing. Wouldn't Necro or Witch provide some of that?
2. When recruiting new members, such as Lohse in Fort Joy, is it more beneficial to stick to characters' native builds or pick the ones that fit the party better? For example, Lohse, is an Enchanter by default, but I can tell her to be a Necro when I recruit her. I am concerned that she might be better at being an Enchanter than at being a Necro, that she is not best fit to be a Necro, like, possibly, some other character in the future (no spoilers, please!). However, if Necro Lohse can help with Fane healing, then perhaps that's what I should select..?
3. Is there a way to reset and to re-do all the skills and points for main characters and recruits? Some, mostly non-classic RPG's, have potions that allow you to reset all your points and re-structure the character. Is that possible in DOS 2: Definitive Edition ???
1. Other characters taking Geomancer for poison dart or Contamination would help. Fane himself taking Necromancy would indeed help him self-heal.

2. Build other party members to suit your own party. All characters are capable of switching their build to anything you need. The only fixed things to take into consideration are the racial passive Talents, racial passive Civil Ability bonuses, and racial/unique skills.

3. Yes, you can do a complete rebuild, as many times as you want for free - but only after you finish Act 1 at about level 8 or so.
© Larian Studios forums