Larian Studios
I am wondering how viable is it to run a physical-damage party without a dedicated heal/buff/support character (max hydro/geo with a tiny bit of pyro/aero/necro)?

By that i primarily mean a character who maxes out the healing and magical/physical armor restoration as well as brings some buffs and utility spells to the party but without having the intellect/spells to actually do noteworthy magical damage.

So far i am playing only on Classic difficulty but i don't exactly min-max the game (for example i usually ignore crafting and sell all the grenades, crafting materials, most non-heal potions, scrolls, herbs etc...).

I wanted to do a party composed of 4 DPS characters all oriented around physical damage.

But aside from Necromancy and the bit of healing a water Incarnate (summoner) can bring they seem to be desperately missing all the benefits of having a real dedicated heal/buffer character that can debuff enemies and remove negative effects from allies?
Max physical party is overall most efficient strategy.
Plenty of healing potions (or poison for undead).
Necro. 2hander. Ranger. Rogue.

Enjoy
I tried it and found it more difficult then other team builds - especially for the last fight so, if you want a challenge, go for it.
© Larian Studios forums