Larian Studios
Posted By: Madscientist Help, I cannot start the game - 27/10/15 10:01 PM
When I want to start the game I get this:
[Linked Image]

This is my computer:
dropbox

I have no problems playing the original D:OS.

EDIT: I just realized that the file that describes my computer is old. How do I make a new one? I do not know much about computers.
Posted By: Nehm89 Re: Help, I cannot start the game - 27/10/15 10:07 PM
DirectX 11 is (unfortunately) only partially supported on the GTS 250. It does not support a few of the more advanced features that DirectX 11 has to offer -- I have a feeling that this is your problem.

To create a new dxdiag.txt, open your start menu and type "dxdiag" into the search. Open it, and at the bottom of the window that opens, click on "Save all information".
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Help, I cannot start the game - 27/10/15 10:13 PM
So this means I need a new graphic card to play the game?

I found out how to make a new file, but nothing has changed.
Posted By: Wellzy4eva Re: Help, I cannot start the game - 27/10/15 10:20 PM
From what I've read (and please anyone correct me if I'm wrong) but in the section for your display device, it specifies that the DDI version is 10, that means that as Nehm89 suspected, the DDI Version is the maximum DX level supported by hardware, which according to your computer is Direct X 10 and not 11.
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Help, I cannot start the game - 28/10/15 08:27 AM
OK, so I need to get a new computer. I knew I would need it one day, but I did not expect that this game is the reason, because they promised better performance on old computers. And my PC runs the original D:OS without problems.

Any suggestions what a new gaming PC schould have?
Next weekend I will go to a big electronics store (Media Markt or Saturn here in germany) and see what they have.
Posted By: Thraiax Re: Help, I cannot start the game - 28/10/15 09:24 AM
Same issue with the rendering error here and all specs are up to spec
Posted By: AudioEpics Re: Help, I cannot start the game - 29/10/15 04:57 PM
I have the exact same issue. I hope it gets fixed as I was really looking forward to the EE.
Posted By: Singbird Re: Help, I cannot start the game - 29/10/15 05:43 PM
There is no error to fix most likely. If you get the dialog shown in the first post, you don't have a DirectX 11 capable card. End of story. I was really disappointed by this as well, but then I will simply not play OS:EE. Very simple.
Posted By: dwelfusius Re: Help, I cannot start the game - 29/10/15 06:14 PM
250 is indeed x10 only.Why upgrade pc?just upgrade graphics card?
© Larian Studios forums