Larian Studios
Posted By: ChavaiotH Have you read the EULA? - 28/10/15 01:47 PM
Message from Larian on facebook ))

We did a little experiment yesterday with the release of Divinity-Original Sin - Enhanced Edition to discover if people actually do read end user license agreements (EULA's).

Our EULA on Steam included the following phrase: "16. Special Consideration. A special consideration in material or immaterial form may be awarded to the first 100 authorized licensees to actually read this section of the EULA and contact LARIAN STUDIOS at info@larian.com. This offer can be withdrawn by LARIAN STUDIOS at any time."

We're telling you now because the results are in and it turns out that you in fact do read these things. Our lawyer feels good about this.

He's also revoking the consideration because we're making him pay for every mail we get well
Posted By: Arhu Re: Have you read the EULA? - 28/10/15 02:15 PM
Haha. That's funny. smile

I never read those things though. It's my firm belief that only lawyers and law students read EULAs.
Posted By: ChavaiotH Re: Have you read the EULA? - 28/10/15 02:23 PM
Once not read and sell the soul to the devil.
lol
Posted By: Crine Re: Have you read the EULA? - 28/10/15 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Arhu
Haha. That's funny. smile

I never read those things though. It's my firm belief that only lawyers and law students read EULAs.

South Park did an episode about this with Apple EULAs.
Posted By: Flummi Re: Have you read the EULA? - 28/10/15 10:53 PM
Hey! Why is it not also within the Eula at GOG? That EULA seems to have nothing to do with the Game or Larian itself... Maybe that's the answer.
Posted By: tarasis Re: Have you read the EULA? - 28/10/15 11:02 PM
*chuckles* Neat, curse myself for not bothering to read it for a change smile

I'm curious what people got (or didn't get) for finding it.
Posted By: Apocalypse Re: Have you read the EULA? - 29/10/15 08:25 PM
The irony to have this in the Eula of a publisher that I actually trust without reading their Eula ;-)
© Larian Studios forums