Larian Studios
Posted By: KalHirol The endgame is way to easy - 01/12/15 09:36 PM

I really enjoy some changes you made to the game esspecially the whole thing about vendors.

They now offer very powerfull items over the course of the game, this is fun.

BUT this leads to a very very easy endgame (playing on tactician mode).

Since you can use elemental essences on almost every gear piece, achieving 100% all resist is no big deal.
Every trader sells elemental essences every hour, esspecially ur elemental trader at the end of time, you you get at least 2 essences of every kind every hour.

Belt, Chest, Helmet, sarong, bracers can all be enchanted with elemental essences of any kind (meaning you can enchant one piece of gear with every essence and you get all the boni!).
It even adds to resistances already present on the gearpiece instead of overwriting them.
If you have a chest with 20% fire resist and and u put every essence on it then it will result in a chest piece with 20% water/earth/air and 40% fire resist.

That results in 5 x 20% all resist on level 20 (100%), and about 5x 15% all resist on level 15/16 (75) only by using essences, not even accounting for resistances already on the gear.

That is just totally broken.

And with all those divine and legendary items that you can buy from the vendors, you are also at least immune to stunned or burning or something.

My main character was immune to burning and got healed by fire (Demon trait with immunity to burning granted by a ring) and 100% resistant to everything else other than tenebrium and poison (~50%), but he also was immune to being poisoned (divine chest armor) and immune to knock down (legendary boots).

All achieved by simply browsing shops every hour.

With crafted weapons you outdps any opponent past level 15, no weapon you find after level 15 has as much DPS as a crafted one.

And crafted stuff gives a lot of gold so you can buy everything you want.

Here is a good example how easy the endgame is:

I killed the final boss at turn 1 before he could even act with 2 abilities!!
Meteor Strike at his location took 40% of his life, then i closed in with my archer on his face and used arrow spray.
All of the 16 arrows hit him and he died...

I dont understand how the final boss of this game has less hitpoints (<3000) than my main character or any boss i faced before him.
He should have 10.000 hitpoints at least.

He also has very bad resistances and you can soulsap him... which result in a one shot with flurry...

The final boss basically was the weakest boss i faced since the midgame.

And this dude I was afraid of all the time? wow what trickery...

This way the game felt super underwhelming and boring as soon as I reached Phatom Forest.

No more challenges outside of lava puzzles.

I feel the game gets way to easy as soon as you reach the master skill level of any kind.

The only really challenging boss fight in this game is Braccus Rex, after that the game gets really boring in terms of fighting and thats mostly because of overpowered items you can buy everyhwere, the ability to essence almost every gear piece (which results in 100% allress) and some really overpowered master skills (Arrow spray shotgun... meteor strike... Storm...).

In any way a great game, but I wished you guys would have balanced the endgame much better.
Posted By: afonzi Re: The endgame is way to easy - 20/04/18 07:23 PM
I feel exactly the same way! I think the game gets easy after you infiltrate the immaculates and escape the death knights in the cave. After that part, there really wasn't a challenge in any other fights. I didn't kill the dragon in one move but it was just a matter of time where I always had it under control. Once I killed his little buddies, it felt like I was bullying the FINAL BOSS, just pounding out damage while he hit my solo tank or my summons once or twice, nothing bad because of all the elemental resistances I had for them.

The game is too stacked in the player's favor in my opinion. I finished the game in classic mode at level 22 and wish to restart in Tactician mode, but still I feel it's not going to be that major challenge, until I get the loot or the crafting.

I kinda wished that Larian would release some DLC for the first D:OS and that it would feature bosses with insane health pools and interesting skills, maybe some exclusive skills for the bosses.

The final battle was so disappointing, I mean the dragon didn't even have a special skill except for that shitty 1-2-1 shuffle.
Posted By: FrauBlake Re: The endgame is way to easy - 21/04/18 10:39 AM
There is a 'DLC' that greatly increases difficulty.

It's a mod called 'Epic Encounters' and it can be found in the Steam Workshop and on the Nexus.

The final boss, the void dragon has had its vitality increased a lot compared to when the game was released.
(But in a very cheap way I have to say, the health pool difference is almost non existent between Explorer, Classic and Tactician Mode due to the cheap way it was done.)
© Larian Studios forums