Larian Studios
After I upgraded to MacOS Catalina (10.15), DOS:EE stopped being able to see user profiles (this may be related to my use of iCloud for the Documents folder, but I’m not sure).

I tried changing many things with permissions and ownership of the app and documents but, long story short, here’s what worked for me:

- Your game settings should be in ~/Documents/Larian Studios/. Move the ‘Larian Studios’ folder to your desktop (or just somewhere else).
- Launch DOS:EE and create a new profile and then quit. You should find a new 'Larian Studios' folder with your settings in it has been created.
- OTHER than your “PlayerProfiles” folder move everything inside your OLD:
Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition/
folder to the new one in your Documents folder.
- Delete the CONTENTS of the NEW PlayerProfiles folder (but leave the folder).
- Move the CONTENTS of your OLD PlayerProfiles folder into the new PlayerProfiles folder.

Relaunch DOS:EE and you should be good to go.

It may be that one can actually move the PlayerProfiles directory but the steps above are what I did that worked so I didn’t want to suggest anything else (because, despite having tried changing privileges and ownership, my instinct is that I was still looking at some sort of permission problem, so wanted to use as few of the old files as possible).

Hope that helps!
-Colin

There must have been a problem with the PlayerProfiles folder itself (permissions or otherwise), if restoring everything except the recreated path up to that point fixed the issue. Initially I was thinking something like a corrupt playerprofiles.lsb file, until I got to the end of your procedure.
One of the weirder behaviours was that it couldn't see any old profiles and if I tried to create one, a profile-directory and settings by that name would appear on disk but DOSEE would say it was unable to load it. (So: write permission but no read permission??) Many combinations of chmod -R and chown -R were tried to no avail.

I can only guess iCloud was confusing the path mapping in some way and when the new directories got created, it reconnected all the pieces.
© Larian Studios forums