Larian Studios
Posted By: Puking Panda Alexandar dead after Deathfog? - 15/09/18 11:44 AM
I started the game, grabbed the Deathfog on the ship, went to Fort Joy and dropped the Deathfog straight atop Alexandar, causing Dallis to drop her hammer, turn into a dragon and carry him away while he had 0 health remaining which is all perfectly fine

All is well and good, talking to Ifan even implies that Alexandar is already dead as his contract is completed. Hours later I am done with Fort Joy, I am preparing to leave, I go to the Harbor and immediatly I initiate combat with the Voidwoken Drillworm. Upon further inspection I find Alexandar's corpse where he's normally supposed to spawn which explains the Drillworm as he was technically all out of Physical Armor.

The Magisters are also all there, though if I skirt around the area without initiating combat then the Voidwoken Drillworm will start fighting them.

I don't think this is supposed to happen, Alexandar should probably fully regain his health after the Dallis encounter so he doesn't transport to the Harbour as a corpse.

Using the Definite Edition btw.
Posted By: LoveDivinity2 Re: Alexandar dead after Deathfog? - 16/09/18 12:46 PM
Are you kidding me? This isn't a technical problem, this us an" I looked up the speedrun on YouTube" and tried it myself. Save this page for people with ACTUAL game breaking crashes and bugs. All I can say is WOW! Smh
Posted By: vometia Re: Alexandar dead after Deathfog? - 16/09/18 02:24 PM
Be civil, please. Thank you.
Posted By: Puking Panda Re: Alexandar dead after Deathfog? - 16/09/18 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by LoveDivinity2
Are you kidding me? This isn't a technical problem, this us an" I looked up the speedrun on YouTube" and tried it myself. Save this page for people with ACTUAL game breaking crashes and bugs. All I can say is WOW! Smh

There literally is an achievement and a special reward(Dallis' Hammer) for beating Dallis and Alexandar in front of the ghetto and using Deathfog is simply the easiest and most straightforward way to do it. All the other ways are about as cheesy but take a whole lot more time.

Not to mention that it's probably an extremely common method as well as sort of poetic justice if you are playing as Ifan and/or Sebille.

The game glitches out a bit and does things it clearly isn't supposed to do, such Alexandar being in the Harbor but only as a corpse as well as the Voidwoken Drillworm spawning, ignoring the magisters in the harbour and going straight for you as well as a missed conversation with Alexandar. That is a problem, takes away fun from the game and should be fixed, I don't understand why this is such an issue for you.
Posted By: PaulsLV Re: Alexandar dead after Deathfog? - 19/09/18 09:11 AM
"This is a problem, that takes away from the fun of the game" yet you are the one abusing deathfog to get the kills early on... How can you even complain about this being an 'issue' if you are the one causing a clusterfuck in the story.
Posted By: Puking Panda Re: Alexandar dead after Deathfog? - 19/09/18 09:47 AM
This game is all about screwing around with mechanics for fun and profit, it shouldn't matter whether I throw Deathfog or a 10000 kg chest at Alexandar, in neither instance should this break parts of the game.
Posted By: Damashi Re: Alexandar dead after Deathfog? - 20/09/18 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by PaulsLV
"This is a problem, that takes away from the fun of the game" yet you are the one abusing deathfog to get the kills early on... How can you even complain about this being an 'issue' if you are the one causing a clusterfuck in the story.

This is a bug. Alex shouldn't just appear somewhere else dead.
© Larian Studios forums