Larian Studios
Hi everyone, gotta ask for help.

I start of the game in switch (digital), and like it so much i bought it on steam as well yesterday.

After going thru the Murdock quest with better graphics, i saved the game and tried to download the savefiles on my switch. After a few attempts, It shows my profile, but not the newly uploaded pc savefiles.

I tried:

1.Deleting my number of savefiles to keep them just around 4 important ones

2.Steam cloud manager shows my savefiles are uploaded in the cloud.

3.Delete my savefiles on my switch, so the game starts anew, link the steam again, and yet it shows my profile but not my savefiles.

4. Delete the dos2 savefiles while keeping the definitive version one on my pc

5. synchronised both region of steam and switch (malaysia)

6. delete cache in switch

still switch just shows my profile but no savefile, while pc work just fine.

Anyone pls help? Much appreciated... 😊
Posted By: Raze Re: Switch doesn't download savefile from cloud - 15/05/20 07:54 AM

So you continued the existing game on PC?

If you started a new game on PC, double check that you didn't accidentally switch to the Classic version of the game in the launcher (game version 3.0.xyz), rather than the Definitive Edition (3.6.zyx)

If you restart the Steam version of the game, are the new saves shown as synced online?

In the Steam Cloud File Manager, does it show that lsv and png files have been uploaded for each save in the save and load windows?

Try connecting the Switch to a different network, if possible, and see if that allows the saves to sync back. For example, one person could sync (PC to Switch) if they used their phone's mobile hotspot feature, but not their home network (which worked for the original Switch to PC sync).
Thanks for the quick reply, really appreciate it

Yes, I start off in switch, and definitely used the definite edition on pc, because I was able to continue my campaign on pc

I did notice that when I visit the steam remote storage the files there are not the same as the ones shown in the cloud manager. I am not sure what this means so please walk me through what i should do.

I did try to use multiple types of network but still no effect.

Thank you again.

[img]https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042295267/screenshots/[/img]

[img]https://ibb.co/yPh3bpx[/img]

[img]https://ibb.co/h1pDkmq[/img]

[img]https://ibb.co/h7rZZ7J[/img]
Posted By: Raze Re: Switch doesn't download savefile from cloud - 15/05/20 10:51 AM

I'm not sure why Steam's cloud storage webpage is not showing any of the saves, but it seems the same list is what is being sent to the Switch.

Try disabling cloud support for the game (in the library right click Divinity: Original Sin 2 and select Properties, then switch to the Updates tab and check the Steam Cloud section), exit out of Steam, use the Steam Cloud File Manager to delete the saves online (lsv and png files), restart Steam, enable cloud support again, start the game, load the latest save and resave, then exit and make sure at least the new save is synced online.
Check the website first, and if the lsv files shows up, at least, try syncing on the switch.

If that doesn't help, restart the Steam version, create a new profile, start a new game and save when you get through character creation, Alt-Tab out of the game and copy the 3 quick saves to the new profile, switch back to the game and exit (if necessary restarting to get Steam to sync). If Steam only syncs the new save, restart reload the most recent quick save and re-save again.

If that still doesn't help, check the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs' folder for the cloud_log.txt file, and upload it to Dropbox, etc, to reply or PM with a link, or include the contents between 'spoiler' tags (in the same format as the 'img' tags above).
Thanks it worked. I mistakenly deleted the profile datas but managed to make at new one and transfer the old savefile into it.

Just to note, I have to clear my switch cache and savedata, use my phone's network to do all those( for those having issues in Malaysia, seems like our home network provider had some restriction, for mine at least). I noticed steam having difficulty syncing when using my home network, and that might be the reason behind the whole issue.

Thanks you so much Raze. smile
© Larian Studios forums